Winter mercato January 2015
(09-09-2014, 12:10 AM)slifersd Wrote: An interesting name to sign might be Andre Ayew from Marseille. He is a FA after this season, has certainly had some achievements in his career, despite only being 24 years old. And he is a left footed winger too, so probably fits in with our set up better. Hope Galliani and his penis head (lol) think this one through.

What do we need this fodder for? We've already got Honda, Bonaventura and apparently Suso's a done deal. Typical penishead manoeuvre stacking fodders in positions we don't need.

(09-09-2014, 12:56 AM)xudong Wrote: I do agree that the ship of Cristante has sailed, so we should (and have to) move on. It is not the first stupid decision by Galliani, and won't be the last as long as he is at helm. It is funny (and annoying) that Milan always tout about this "family atmosphere" but Galliani wouldn't hesitate a second to piss off legends, as long as they don't see eye to eye with him. If even Maldini or Seedorf couldn't get away unscathed, who do you think Cristante is? Just a piece of cake for Galliani.

I don't think I will post much. I will try, but I am facing a very busy few months. Sad

Yes you're right when you say it's not the first/last dumb move Galliani will make. He didn't think Abumeyang was good enough but Dortmund did paying 15m. He never bet on Darmian/Astori but they're both starting Italy's Euro qualifier tonight. Then he sells Cristante to a club known for buying cheap selling ridiculously high e.g. Di Maria, Luiz. But we have to move on so I'll stop mentioning it Sagrin
(09-08-2014, 04:51 PM)ZvonimirBoban Wrote: And why would Liverpool want to sell him?

I don't think it's they want to sell him, more than he wants to move to get regular football. Problem for him is that at Liverpool he's not a starter, with him always playing second fiddle to Coutinho, Sterling and Henderson. Henderson's a guy who Rodgers has a lot of trust in and he's returned very good performances, Coutinho's become an excellent player since going to Liverpool and Sterling is the darling of English football right now and pretty much untouchable. I also think Rodgers likes to focus on giving British/English talents space, something I personally think is commendable.

For anyone to dislodge these players would require some pretty exceptional performances. In Suso's case, he's a decent player, but his performances aren't of a level for Rodgers to warrant giving him a spot ahead of any of these guys. I also get the impression that physically and given his style of play, he might not be best suited to the Premiership (at least right now).

Going back to the original point, I don't think Liverpool want to sell him, as he offers depth in quality in the squad, but it's hard for him to find playing time right now.

Di Marzio thinks there's an agreement with the player:

http://www.milannews.it/calciomercato-mi...lia-154707

(09-08-2014, 11:04 PM)Jokka Wrote: Hate to put a downer on things but what's he done? He didn't manage single goal/assist in 14 PL games last season. His La Liga stats are impressive but so were Bojan's and look how that turned out. Also, the fact no top teams linked with him speaks volumes. Let's face it we're only getting him because he's FREEEEEEEEEEEE.

I follow another Milan forum where 1 user actively follows Milan youth. She's friendly with a number of family's including Cristante's. According to her there's no chance of him coming back. Apparently things ended badly with Milan and given his character he won't return. However she did say his entire family's Milanista so hopefully he'll feel differently one day. Bravo penishead Galliani for driving out our best midfield prospect in 20yrs FacepalmFacepalm

Could you say what forum this is? On Cristante, I wouldn't be surprised if the relationship with the current leaders is sour, it's hardly uncommon with Milan these days.
(09-09-2014, 02:25 PM)Jay Crisp Wrote: Not all free or cheap players are bad ,but the majority are.Lets hope it clicks.

Only if your last names Galliani. If you're called Marotta you're able to snap up quality bargains like Coman, Pogba, Pirlo and Llorente for FREEEEEEEEEE...Facepalm Rabiot's the only quality player available free but looks like he's going to Roma.
Marotta has made mistakes too. Dont' forget that it took Juventus a few years to figure out a good formula too. I criticized Galliani too, but some of this is getting ridiculous now. Galliani fuked up badly for years...gave out huge wages and signed useless players. Looking at this summer alone, he did a decent job. That's all I'm saying....
Marotta didn't make any more mistakes than Galliani. Even if you look back in the golden 90s and early 2000s, Galliani still signed a lot of dog crap players for this team. The thing about it is, since our financial problems is so bad, we HAVE to get great players for free. Whereas for a team like Juve, getting a great free agent is icing on the cake. When you have to get good players on the free, you better snatch up the best free agents you can possibly find, not let your next door neighbor steal them from you. We had great relationship with Raiola at the time, and we still managed to let his one and only star in the making youngster who wouldn't cost a gillion dollars to sign get away. The idiocy of that move is incredible.
(09-09-2014, 04:12 PM)Jokka Wrote:
(09-09-2014, 02:25 PM)Jay Crisp Wrote: Not all free or cheap players are bad ,but the majority are.Lets hope it clicks.

Only if your last names Galliani. If you're called Marotta you're able to snap up quality bargains like Coman, Pogba, Pirlo and Llorente for FREEEEEEEEEE...Facepalm Rabiot's the only quality player available free but looks like he's going to Roma.
Rabiot isnt free until next year ,and wants a club in UCL.

On Marotta ,dont forget some of Juves horrendous buys.Elias ,Estegaribbia , Krasic , Melo ,Diego , Isla even Vucinic Pepe were costly with an average return Matri too.
Yes they have picked up Comon Pogba Llorente Pirlo ,but theyve made huge crap signings too.

Im not a Galliani fan BTW ,he has too much power and while he did okay/better this year ...he still shouldnt be the be all and end all at Milan.
Marotta may've signed some dogs (who hasn't?) but it's miniscule compared to Galliani. He joined Juve in 2010 and won 3 scudetto's so overwhelmingly got things right. It's not only the WC free transfers but also buying players like Barzagli/Chiellini/Vidal at knockdown prices. That and getting Galliani to pay for Tevez plus 2m Facepalm

Anyway, unlike most people I think it's been another horrible mercato. We've hired another rookie unproven coach and picked up numerous unwanted rejects (Lopez, Rami, Armero, Torres, Van Ginkel). Also our *star* signing's been playing for ATALANTA his whole career! Is this what Silvio + Barbara meant when they said "we're starting a new cycle" + "need to get back into CL ASAP"?! Face it we've got the worst run club in Serie A but 2nd highest wage bill lol.
(09-10-2014, 12:38 AM)slifersd Wrote: We had great relationship with Raiola at the time, and we still managed to let his one and only star in the making youngster who wouldn't cost a gillion dollars to sign get away. The idiocy of that move is incredible.

Agreed but you forgot to mention Galliani's biggest idiocy. Signing Bakaye "Da God" Traore for free same mercato Juve got Pogba. Not only that but giving him 1m+ wages too! Btw Raiola said he offered Pogba to Milan but we rejected him. Galliani preferred to believe Braida who described Bakaye as the "new Viera". He no longer works at Milan lol.
(09-10-2014, 11:41 AM)Jokka Wrote: Marotta may've signed some dogs (who hasn't?) but it's miniscule compared to Galliani. He joined Juve in 2010 and won 3 scudetto's so overwhelmingly got things right. It's not only the WC free transfers but also buying players like Barzagli/Chiellini/Vidal at knockdown prices. That and getting Galliani to pay for Tevez plus 2m Facepalm

Anyway, unlike most people I think it's been another horrible mercato. We've hired another rookie unproven coach and picked up numerous unwanted rejects (Lopez, Rami, Armero, Torres, Van Ginkel). Also our *star* signing's been playing for ATALANTA his whole career! Is this what Silvio + Barbara meant when they said "we're starting a new cycle" + "need to get back into CL ASAP"?! Face it we've got the worst run club in Serie A

You say Face it like I havent.I know its horribly run.Im also under the opinion that the will not get back to UCL as long as B&G are here ,unless the squad clicks 50X what people expect and others have a shocker.
Milan is a big club in 2014 only in name and past success.It is not a big club in 2014.While im no fan of PSG City Man Utd Real Barca spending the fact is they spend more regularly on 1 player than Milan do in 5 years.

Juve didnt get Chiellini at a knockdow price or Vidal they got them at market Value for the time ,but Milan cant pay €12m for a Vidal ,I was shocked when they signed Bonaventura I MEAN TOTALLY WIDE EYED SHOCKED...Shows my exoectations which are 0.I truely believe as long as the clib solidifies Serie A status may EL qualification MGT/Owners will be content...And yes it was a poor mercato over the hill or average players.The plus part of the mercato was getting rid of Kaka Binho Matri Noce Silvestre Urby Amelia ...that really was the best.

But I have no doubt it will be quite a few years without UCL football....BTW there is no "new cycle" never was never will be as long as we are run and owned by the same regime.
(09-10-2014, 12:36 PM)Jay Crisp Wrote: You say Face it like I havent.I know its horribly run.Im also under the opinion that the will not get back to UCL as long as B&G are here ,unless the squad clicks 50X what people expect and others have a shocker.
Milan is a big club in 2014 only in name and past success.It is not a big club in 2014.While im no fan of PSG City Man Utd Real Barca spending the fact is they spend more regularly on 1 player than Milan do in 5 years.

Juve didnt get Chiellini at a knockdow price or Vidal they got them at market Value for the time ,but Milan cant pay €12m for a Vidal ,I was shocked when they signed Bonaventura I MEAN TOTALLY WIDE EYED SHOCKED...Shows my exoectations which are 0.I truely believe as long as the clib solidifies Serie A status may EL qualification MGT/Owners will be content...And yes it was a poor mercato over the hill or average players.The plus part of the mercato was getting rid of Kaka Binho Matri Noce Silvestre Urby Amelia ...that really was the best.

But I have no doubt it will be quite a few years without UCL football....BTW there is no "new cycle" never was never will be as long as we are run and owned by the same regime.[/b]

So we can't pay 12m for Vidal but can for Matri? The problem is Galliani buys the wrong players and sells our stars cheap. The only reason we bought Bonaventura was because we sold Cristante. If that hadn't happened we wouldn't have funds for Bonaventura. Remember Galliani's old "sell before buying" adage?

I agree with you we won't be playing CL football for a long time. Even Juve and Roma's bench is stronger than our starting XI. Napoli, Inter and Fiorentina have strong squads but also quality experienced managers. I foolishly believed Berlusconi's talk of focussing on young Italian players. But then we sell Balo + Cristante and sign half a dozen fodder foreigners Facepalm

Also Balo's sale represents the first time in decades Milan doesn't have a single WC player. Can you believe that? Imagine the impact that's going to have to our marketing revenues. It's bad enough we're not in CL and sold 5,000 season tickets less this year.
Jokka Balotelli isnt world class.He could be ,but I believe he never will be...terrible attitude.

Vidal wasnt bought for €12m last year ,Matri was.When Juve got Vidal we had a good team ,but we dhould of went for him.
I dunno what to say anymore ,I watched the Lazio game with no nerves no expectations except expecting to lose or draw.Galliani needs to go but he wont.Berlusconi is a liar a cheat a criminal take nothing he says seriously