Winter mercato January 2015
It's not that Galliani doesn't have the money because he does. The problem is he wastes it all on useless or ageing players. E.g. renewing Muntari for 6m gross covered by Cristante's sale. Wasting 12m on Matri who only lasted 1/2 season and we're still paying 1/2 his wages!

A more recent example is signing Diego Lopez. Lopez had a great league run with RM last season but before that was just a good player. RM decided they no longer wanted him and signed a backup GK with Casillas starting. So what does Galliani do? He offers a 2.5m salary 4 year contract to a soon to be 33year old! That's 5m gross per year or 20m over the whole contract.

For the same total cost we could've bought Perin (transfer fee + wages) and had a GK for the next 15 years. Perin's young, Italian, Milanista wanted by Bayern Munich and made Italy's WC squad.

We've got the worst GM in football and are a laughing stock.
idk how u count but 2.5 x 4 isnt 20 but its 10
and 10 for a gk is quite decent this day
Obviously you're not up to scratch on tax rules. To pay Lopez 2.5m net costs Milan 5m gross wages per year i.e. 20m over 4 years.
Dev, I don't know if I'm not explaining myself in the right way as there seems to be confusion.

I am not prepared to judge Galliani on this summer alone. I was right there with you just a few months ago calling for Galliani's head, and I still am. But we started discussing this summer's mercato a couple of weeks ago and that's why I was commenting about and keep referencing this mercato alone. I agree that Galliani has done some terrible mistakes and I am not forgiving for that....but in a response to members that think that this was a horrible mercato, I am saying that I think that it was a positive one. Again, I hate the fact that all the mistakes that were made in the previous few years by Galliani are hindering us now.....but I'm not going to say that this mercato was a failure because looking at this summer alone I think he did a good job. This doesn't excuse Galliani of all the stupidity he's done in previous year. But hopefully we can move forward from here and slowly start fixing the mistakes that were made in the last 5/6/7 years. We'll see if that happens.
aaa the tax
okok my mistake
but even so its still decent imo for a gk of that class
its hard to find a better 1 with a price like that
Lopez is least of our concern. If we are giving up on Armero after only one round of Serie A, our management is truly a joke.
aka xudong
(09-11-2014, 12:40 PM)Jokka Wrote: We've got the worst GM in football and are a laughing stock.

AC Milan are not a laughing stock...I used to get the piss taken out of me for Milan being an old team then being cheap but now ...now I don't get mocked because people just don't care.In the bigger scheme of European football AC Milan are not a player anymore , irrelevant even.People who are not Milan fans just don't care/think/worry enough about Milan to give them the time to laugh at them.
(09-11-2014, 04:54 PM)nefremo Wrote: Dev, I don't know if I'm not explaining myself in the right way as there seems to be confusion.

I am not prepared to judge Galliani on this summer alone. I was right there with you just a few months ago calling for Galliani's head, and I still am. But we started discussing this summer's mercato a couple of weeks ago and that's why I was commenting about and keep referencing this mercato alone. I agree that Galliani has done some terrible mistakes and I am not forgiving for that....but in a response to members that think that this was a horrible mercato, I am saying that I think that it was a positive one. Again, I hate the fact that all the mistakes that were made in the previous few years by Galliani are hindering us now.....but I'm not going to say that this mercato was a failure because looking at this summer alone I think he did a good job. This doesn't excuse Galliani of all the stupidity he's done in previous year. But hopefully we can move forward from here and slowly start fixing the mistakes that were made in the last 5/6/7 years. We'll see if that happens.

I don't think I misunderstood you there, probably just worded my post badly. I understand your view on Galliani and the problems he's caused. When I was posting about you judging Galliani on this summer alone, I meant literally that, in that you're able to judge him/his work on what he's achieved this summer and this summer alone, regardless of your feelings on his work overall in the past years or the damage it's caused. That's something I simply struggle to do, because when I think of what he's done with 0 resources, my immediate question is always why he had 0 resources.

I just want to clarify though, imo this summer, even with 0 resources at his disposal, I'm not in agreement with who he's brought in on the whole, never mind failure to sell some individuals.
(09-12-2014, 08:19 AM)Jay Crisp Wrote: AC Milan are not a laughing stock...I used to get the piss taken out of me for Milan being an old team then being cheap but now ...now I don't get mocked because people just don't care.In the bigger scheme of European football AC Milan are not a player anymore , irrelevant even.People who are not Milan fans just don't care/think/worry enough about Milan to give them the time to laugh at them.

Sad but true. Milan's so irrelevant in football today people don't care enough to laugh. Even Van Ginkel practically had a gun pointed to his head just to join on dry loan. Only players who jump at the chance are washed up old rejects who picked the Milanello retirement home for it's fancy views and high wages. Facepalm
(09-12-2014, 05:07 AM)xudong Wrote: Lopez is least of our concern. If we are giving up on Armero after only one round of Serie A, our management is truly a joke.

Disagree. It's the sum of these stupid decisions which has sealed our fate. Wasting 20m on Lopez when Perin/Ter Stegen were cheaper. Renewing Muntari for 6m gross and paying for it with Cristante's sale. Wasting 10m gross wages on benchwarmer Essien for 1.5 years when we could've signed Jorginho outright. As for Armero, what did you expect from a reject nobody else wanted? Devilol
(09-12-2014, 09:08 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: I just want to clarify though, imo this summer, even with 0 resources at his disposal, I'm not in agreement with who he's brought in on the whole, never mind failure to sell some individuals.

My sentiments exactly. Who exactly has Galliani bought that makes people think we'll qualify for CL?

Diego Lopez - great league run last season but RM no longer back him. They prefer Casillas starting and signed a backup GK. Prior to last season he wasn't particularly impressive. God knows how he'll perform in a totally different league with crappy teammates and low morale.

Rami - horrible defender who's individual brainfarts against Atletico Madrid KO'd us from CL last season. We actually conceeded more goals in 2H last season since he became starter. He also had a bad unprofessional reputation at Valencia.

Alex - very good performer for PSG last season but he's no spring chicken. I also believe he'll struggle to replicate his form playing with worse players in a different league. His performances in pre-season were worrying to say the least.

Armero - the fact Napoli, Udinese and West Ham didn't want him says it all. We're only just reaching the same conclusion ourselves.

Van Ginkel - young, unproven player who barely played 2 games for Chelsea last season. He's just coming off a season ending ACL injury so who know's how he'll play. Judging by his performances in recent friendlies he looks average. Let's not even mention his disdain for Milan and the fact he was dragged kicking & screaming.

Torres - Mr. 50m stirker who couldn't buy a goal at Chelsea. Seriously we expect this misfiring buffoon to suddenly start scoring with Muntari/Poli supplying him when he couldn't with Hazard/Mata?! Read Chelsea forums to see how happy fans are their feeder club took him.

Menez - bad boy who failed in Serie A the first time with Roma. He was nothing more than a bench player at PSG. Don't expect anything from him.

Bonaventura - mid-20's midtable ATALANTA player. Nothing else needs to be said.

Inzaghi - rookie, unproven coach with ZERO senior coaching experience! Ex-Primavera boss who thought it was a good idea to sell his captain. I have zero faith in him against Serie A's minnows let alone the big boys. Gasperini, Iachini etc will outfox him with their experience.
I disagree a bit Jokka.
Diego Lopez was a good solid goalkeeper at Villareal for 5/6 seasons.He was also good in the barely half a season he had at Seville.He was very very good at Real ,goalkeepers are usually at their peak 28 to 34.Ofcourse you get the world class guys like Buffon Cech Neur Curtois etc who are just on another level.
Is Lopez world class no but hes a considerable upgrade on what we've had since Dida lost it.

Rami is not terrible he's good but not world class.

Alex is what he is could be great could be Mexes 2.0.

Armero is mediocre.

VanGinkel even if he is fantastic will be gone.

Menez is exactly what you said.

Torres is a big big risk but all we can do is support him and hope for the best.

Thats pretty sad indeed its not what we've been used to as Milan fans ,but we are a EL battling team now ,due to horrible MGT and terrible decisions and outdated business models.As long as B&G are here I see now way it changes.