Week 2: Parma vs Milan (September 14 2014 20:45 CET)
Logically it makes sense that Abate had the captain's armband. I only brought it up because... well who would ever expect Abate to be our captain?
Siamo a posto cosi.
Abate played his first Milan game back in 2003, even before Bonera joined. I think it is natural that he succeeded Bonera in that order.

Now that Lopez is injured, this should be no concern. Abbiati is back, and he has played for us since 1998. Okmilan

(09-15-2014, 10:28 PM)Mystik Wrote: Logically it makes sense that Abate had the captain's armband. I only brought it up because... well who would ever expect Abate to be our captain?

Again, if Bonera could, why not Abate? Icon_lol2
Any link to download the recorded games vs Parma and vs Lazio?
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
I wouldn't worry too much, it's based on seniority (length of time serving Milan). On the pitch, that meant Bonera was 1st and Abate 2nd. I don't think there's anything more to it.
I think that ever since Maldini left we were choosing captain in the wrong way. Ambrosini took the armband because he's the first at seniority level in Milan, but he was 32 at the time, and he was no leader whatsoever. Furthermore, Ambrosini was a second fiddle for almost 10 years, he's got a regular playing time only in 2006-2007 season (and that's more because of tactical reasons and not the player's quality), and he'd joined in like 1997.

The last leader we had was Gattuso, and he was the only logical replacement for Maldini. He had charisma and leadership on the field, he was influential in the dressing room...

The thing is, you can hardly find a player of leadership quality of Baresi, Maldini, Gattuso, etc, anywhere, let alone Milan. So, if you got to take the best of what you have, 10 out of 10 times IMO it would be De Jong of the current Milan roster. Montolivo, and I don't want put him down really, is a captain for mid-table team with no history.

I don't think this question is not important - it is really important. Every successful team has a decent captain to say the least. Juve have Buffon, with Chiellini waiting as the replacement, Roma has Totti (De Rossi is ready), Inter had Zanetti, we had Maldini... Look at Inter and Milan now, and look at their captains. Ranocchia and Montolivo. It's no coincidence that they are fighting for UEFA cup.
(09-16-2014, 04:43 AM)Siregar Wrote: Any link to download the recorded games vs Parma and vs Lazio?

someone on the other milan forum has the link to the whole game. i found it for you, but i don't know if you can download.

http://livefootballvideo.com/fullmatch/i...ac-milan-2

Hey Xu, does that site do most Milan games? I am not going to be able to watch the Juve game but want to watch it online. You think I'll be able to find it there?
I don't know to be honest. I just copied it from another forum.

I will keep an eye out on possible link for the full game replay. I am sure that I can find one. Just remind me again.
honsano, it's always had every match as far as I can remember. I've used it a number of times after I missed a match live.
Thanks guys. Yeah it would be a big fail to miss this game.