World Cup 2018 Russia
Btw Modric so deserves to get Golden Ball. What a game by him (and throughout the competition), too bad didnt win the cup.
I was really hoping that Croatia would win, and they played so well as a team. I thought that they absolutely dominated France in the midfield, but eventually they lost due to lack of star power, luck, and bad refereeing. The first goal was absolutely infuriating. Griezmann should be warned or even carded, as pointed out by almost everyone around the world. Instead, it turned into a lead by France, which is so undeserved. Then the penalty decision came. To be fair, I can see that why it can be a penalty, even though strong argument against it could also have been made easily, but at that moment, I thought the referee would just let it go after the horrendous mistake he made on the first goal that he gifted France.

Croatia has my heart-felt respect. Imagine that they actually could have won, 20 years ago and today. One more note: Imagine Kalinic could have been useful in time of desperation. What an idiot he is.
I think Croatia deserve respect and while for much of the match they were better, I think the better team won if you look at the whole competition. On the refereeing performance, I'm not too fussed, I think the Griezmann freekick was one which many referees would make a mistake on and the penalty was in my view probably the right call as Perisic's arm moved down to the ball, even if just instinctively. That's the reason why most defenders in Italy put their hands behind their back or tucked in to their body in that situation.

On the performance, Croatia did really well while they were able to maintain pressure on the French, dominating the midfield and holding possession, but ultimately I thinking their fatigue from the previous matches started to show in the second half.

As for the the tournament itself, I think as a spectacle it was one of the best I can remember for a very long time. Tactically it didn't have particularly great innovations, though I thought Belgium's counter attacking game was fantastic. The open nature of the play and the frankly awful defending throughout the competition lead to great entertainment though and it was probably the least predictable tournament I can remember in my lifetime.

I came into this tournament without much expectation or excitement, but it proved to be a great month and we have some very special moments which will go down in history on the back of it.

Finally, this was probably the time when Mbappe the star was born. Until now, he's recognised as a probably superstar, but was widely regarded one for the future. I think now he's announced himself as a household name and deservedly so.
I have to agree with u on that.. throughout the tournament, france has been probably the most convincing team throughout besides belgium and croatia.. first time i could really say 2 of the most deserving team met in the final.. nothing much to argue there.. who would have thought a wc without a semifinal of Germany Brazil Argentina Holland or Italy eh.. hahaha
(07-15-2018, 09:11 PM)SkyEdge Wrote: I have to agree with u on that.. throughout the tournament, france has been probably the most convincing team throughout besides belgium and croatia.. first time i could really say 2 of the most deserving team met in the final.. nothing much to argue there.. who would have thought a wc without a semifinal of Germany Brazil Argentina Holland or Italy eh.. hahaha

Actually watching England's performance made me think that Italy has so much potential to return to good levels in a relative short space of time, but I have doubts it'll happen because the necessary changes needed won't happen
Thought I'd share the end credits/montage from the BBC following the World Cup. They tend to do excellent videos telling the story of the tournament to play at the end of the final live broadcast and this year was no different. Check it out at...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkDlnzwxc2Y

I don't know if I shared it back in 2014, but they did an equally good video at the end of that tournament too. Check it out here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vYnEGIcXVY
This is my favorite WC video:

https://youtu.be/7sN2vpIhDdY
One regret (for me) is the 0-0 between France and Denmark. The only goalless match for the entire tournament. Would have been an amazing feat.
Tongue

[Image: tJuq5SVAvRU.jpg][Image: tJuq5SVAvRU.jpg][Image: 37405637_2159811890926697_27054244669633...e=5BCBDEFE]
Avaiting for arrival of exorcist into our boardroom.
I don't remember the result of the WC 2018 in Russia, I knw that Milan almost goes up in quarter-finals but I don't know if is true. Sometimes my engine seo search doesn't work too well  Devilol. Anyway I think this team grow up a lot and its