Week 16: Roma - Milan (Saturday, December 20th 20:45 CET)
Last match in Serie A before the Christmas break ladies and gents! A surprise win(to me at least) at home vs Napoli was well needed in a time when we were at risk of dropping even further out of the race for 3rd place. We are now two points off of Lazio, Genoa and Samp who are all tied for 3rd place at the moment.

Truth be told we will be up against a team of much better quality than ours, as is clearly evident by the gap in the league table. I fear we may have a repeat of the Juve match here unless the players give 180% (see what I did there? Grinundwech) Roma are prone to slip up (CSKA for example) so getting a positive results out of this game is not impossible at all.

Discuss!
Siamo a posto cosi.
Quote:Roma have announced the squad which will take on Milan in the capital tomorrow night.

Jose Holebas is not named in the squad, but Roma are contesting the Greek defender’s suspension and he could yet feature.

Should Holebas be ruled out Ashley Cole would be the prime candidate to take his place, with the Englishman named in Coach Rudi Garcia’s 22-man squad.

Roma squad to play Milan: Borriello, Cole, Curci, De Rossi, De Sanctis, Destro, Emmanuelson, Florenzi, Gervinho, Iturbe, Keita, Ljajic, Lobont, Maicon, Manolas, Yanga-Mbiwa, Nainggolan, Paredes, Somma, Strootman, Torosidis, Totti

http://football-italia.net/60253/roma-name-squad-milan

Quote:Silvio Berlusconi has paid his weekly visit to Milanello, and has told Milan’s players they are stronger than Roma.

The Rossoneri President makes a habit of visiting the squad every Friday to offer words of encouragement, and today is no different.

“Tomorrow in Rome is a crucial match for us,” Milan Channel reports the former Prime Minister told the players.

“Let me congratulate you for your wonderful performance against Napoli. Now we go to Rome.

“I’d never change our squad with Roma’s squad, tomorrow at Olimpico the fans can’t have an effect because the stands are so far away from the pitch.

“You have to go out on the pitch to control the match, go onto the pitch with strength and conviction, because we are stronger.

Let's hope he doesn't honestly believe so..because with the January transfer market looming, the last thing we need is an overinflated idea of the ability of this squad. The result of this match will likely influence our January transfer market. If we are still in striking distance of 3rd place, then IMO we should look to reinforce to make that push in the second half of the season.
Siamo a posto cosi.
Taking a shot at the Olimpico, so unnecessary and cliche
0-9 Torres triple triple...
Last I read the lineup will be essentially the same as Napoli with Zapata in place of Rami. There's apparently doubt between Poli and Muntari, though I think Poli deserves to retain his place.
Poli while not spectactular has been stellar.He should start over Muntari.
Poli definitely deserves to start over Muntari hands down. I think even Essien should be starting over Muntari.
Lopez; Bonera, Mexes, Zapata, Armero; Montolivo, De Jong, Poli; Honda, Menez, Bonaventura.
Here is the Roma lineup and the list of subs for both teams.

Quote:ROMA: De Sanctis; Maicon, Manolas, Yanga Mbiwa, Hobelas; Keità, De Rossi, Nainggolan; Florenzi, Totti, Gervinho. A disposizione: Lobont, Curci, Somma, Cole, Emanuelson, Torosidis, Paredes, Strootman, Ljajic, Iturbe, Borriello, Destro. Allenatore Rudi Garcia.

MILAN: Diego Lopez; Bonera, Mexes, Zapata, Armero; Poli, De Jong, Montolivo; Honda, Bonaventura; Menez. A disposizione: Abbiati, Agazzi, Albertazzi, Alex, Zaccardo, Essien, Muntari, Saponara, El Shaarawy, Niang, Pazzini, Torres. Allenatore Filippo Inzaghi.

Gervinho vs Bonera O Facepalm
Siamo a posto cosi.
any links family?
I Heart ACM !!