Week 17: Milan - Sassuolo (Tuesday, January 6th 15:00 CET)
First Serie A match for Milan in the new year! Fresh off a victory over Real Madrid and a trip to warm Dubai, our players should (hopefully) have fresh energy and renewed vigor for this match. Paperwork may prevent Cerci from participating in this match (http://football-italia.net/60664/cerci-training-milan).

Thoughts, comments? Called up players to be released in the next few days.

FORZA MILAN!
Siamo a posto cosi.
Milan has always done well in the first march after the new year. It won't be different this time, I am confident. Smile
I look forward to this match. Sassuolo always try to play attacking football and generally the performances in recent weeks have left me quite excited from Milan.

I suspect we will see the fairly typical lineup on Tuesday in midfield and attack (SES taking Honda's place). The defence will be interesting, as now a few have returned and Mexes and Bonera are out.
Yeah defense will be very interesting. I imagine DCS and Abate will need a bit of time to shake the rust off. I just hope that DCS can benefit from the new confidence in this team. Prior to his injury he had been putting in only average performances while Abate was playing well. If we can get both to play well we could improve our team substantially.

If Cerci is available and does play, I wonder if he will oust Bonaventura or take Honda's spot. I'd rather see Bonaventura move to midfield as he will add quality over Essien and Muntari. It would also give ELS more of a chance to shine and apply his new Dubai confidence.
Even if DES isn't playing better than he did prior to injury, I don't think it would be worse than using Armero or Bonera if I'm honest.
To be fair, Bonera as fullback is more than decent. Smile
Called up players:

Quote:Questa la lista dei 23 convocati Rossoneri in vista di Milan-Sassuolo di domani alle 15.00 allo stadio San Siro:

Abbiati, Agazzi, Diego Lopez, Abate, Albertazzi, Alex, De Santis (97), De Sciglio, Rami, Zaccardo, Zapata, Essien, Montolivo, Muntari, Poli, Saponara, Bonaventura, Cerci (22), El Shaarawy, Menez, Mastour, Niang, Pazzini.

Cerci is called up and is wearing #22! Mastour and De Sanctis from the Primavera are also called up to round out the 23 players.
Siamo a posto cosi.
Young promising central defender, a rarity these days (referring to De Santis). I know he won't play but nice to see.
I have heard some very good things said about Ivan De Santis. I wonder how long we should wait before seeing him play for us (if at all).
Notice anything Big Grin

[Image: B6pNB6PCQAAM-mQ.png]