Week 19: Milan - Atalanta (Sunday, January 18th 15:00 CET)
Thanks for the analysis, Dev.

On a different note, it was the first time ever in Berlusconi era that Milan has failed to win any out of the first three matches after the new year starts. Facepalm
You going to open the Lazio thread, Xu? I don't think my threads are bringing the team any luck Grinundwech
Siamo a posto cosi.
Milan needs someone who is going to fight for every ball.
First time I've watched Milan after new year, I'd somehow got lost the schedule... And what a disappointment.

On Sunday, we've witnessed a piece of tactical disaster. The midfield was horrible. I honestly refuse to believe that these players can be that bad. Montolivo and Bonaventura are supposed to be a creative force, but for a reason that is unknown to me, they're both either too much on the side, or too high up the pitch, where they cannot influence the game at all. Even worst, they cannot track back at time, so their defensive contribution is almost non-existant. On several occasions Atalanta had 3 or 4 players around our box, with most of them in great position for shot, and none of our players to cover down.

But what to expect when they're instructed by perhaps the worst tactical player that played in a big team in the last 20 years?

That's why I strongly disagree with bashing of De Jong. The guy is running for three men, and is even playmaker in this team.

But, let's go back to tactical mistakes. Bonera was another one. Bonera is a very slow player, really it's hard to find a slower one who you could put on a side back position. And yet, Bonera is constantly pushed forward, when there is Bonaventura who practically isn't a full midfielder at all, to cover him. Just look at the goal that we conceded, Bonera failed to get back in time. Also, in some situation before the goal, Bonera failed to get back in time. It seems that now is some kind of fashion to push your whole team up the field, and to hope that the other team will somehow crack under pressure. Nevermind technical and tactical (un)abilites.

As for attacking plan, well I never seen one on Sunday. Just circling around the box, with Abate, Monto and Cerci on one side, and Bonera, Bonaventura and SES on the other. Menez in some form of fake 10 rather than a fake 9, drawing back to do I'm not sure what. And the ball is circling like that, like on the training ground, as everyone has forgot a minor glitch in the system, and that is that with all those players on the side, and Menez at "false-10", there is no one in the box to capitalize that crowding on the sides. Big Grin It sounds comic, and it sure looks like that.
(01-19-2015, 06:19 PM)xudong Wrote: Thanks for the analysis, Dev.

On a different note, it was the first time ever in Berlusconi era that Milan has failed to win any out of the first three matches after the new year starts. Facepalm

That's cool Xu Smile
(01-20-2015, 04:31 AM)Gabriel426 Wrote: Milan needs someone who is going to fight for every ball.

We have a few who are willing (but may not be capable). Blush

(01-19-2015, 07:53 PM)Mystik Wrote: You going to open the Lazio thread, Xu? I don't think my threads are bringing the team any luck Grinundwech

... and you think my threads would be any different? Devilol

We need new blood... Devilol