Poll: Post Pioli coach?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Luis Enrique
9.09%
1 9.09%
Conte
0%
0 0%
De Zerbi
54.55%
6 54.55%
Tassotti
0%
0 0%
Abate
0%
0 0%
Bonera
0%
0 0%
Tuchel
0%
0 0%
Pioli!
0%
0 0%
Bielsa!!
18.18%
2 18.18%
Other (post the name)
18.18%
2 18.18%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Milan Head Coach discussion II
(03-07-2024, 09:55 AM)Kris forever Wrote: Interesting to know what Zlatan think since he have a bigger role now. A worrying thing about many working in football is how often they want and hire people they know, instead of taking the best candidate. Zlatan played under Allegri, but I don't know his opinion of him.

Xabi Alonso is the by far hottest name out there, but he won't come. Inzaghi junior of course the same.

De Zerbi is the one that are most interesting and could come, even if he need to be bailed out for €10M.

Motta is interesting, but his success could just be a lucky run were things worked out and he don't have experience with a big team in the league. (De Zerbi had the biggest team in Ukraine)

Gilardino also is doing great with Genoa, certainly a name for the future.

Conte, I personally don't like so much, he brings good structure and short term league results, but whine a lot and run away as soon as things don't work out.

"Brighton name De Zerbi price for suitors Man Utd and Chelsea" :

£12m / €14m
Roma sacked mourinho and have won 10 out of 11 under De Rossi. Thumped Brighton 4-0 last night.

While we are stuck gouging our eyes having to watch Pioli.
Napoli also fired Garcia and ended up with Mazzari. And we know how that turned out.

I think Pioli should be gone at the end of the year. No matter what happens in the remaining 2 months of the season. It's clear that his cycle is over and there are no more ideas to bring this group further forward. We need a fresh approach and new ideas. BUT, my point is, changing a coach in the middle of the season is ALWAYS risky. It could turn out OK, but it can also end in a disaster.

At the end of the day, I think we all know why the management stuck with Pioli. Reason is he's had us comfortably in the top 4 the entire time and I think they were too scared to risk that for the eventuality that things will go for the worse with a change (see Mazzari). Realistically, they knew the CL is likely not an objective...even if getting into the knockouts was an objective....but Pioli was never going to be sacked in October/November (when qualification was settled, so yea).

On the other hand, the Scudetto WAS an objective, but as time went by and Inter kept extending their lead little by little...the management deemed retention of top 4 more important than chasing a pipe dream of overcoming Inter with this much of a distance in points.

Not saying I agree with the above reasoning, but it IS reasoning and one could understand that point of view. Stability and retention of a top 4 spot became the #1 objective in early 2024, and it was best to keep the stability to retain that spot...aka keep the status quo with Pioli.

I don't think Roma and De Rossi are a good example here. Because Roma had nothing to play for with Mourinho. Their main objective was a top 4 and that was slipping away to the point where it became impossible with Mourinho. So for them, it made sense to change managers because they had nothing to lose, even if things turned out for the worse. 
Whereas for us, as I said, although the Scudetto was the main objective...it was too much of a risk to put all our eggs in that basket and go balls to the wall with a mid-season manager....all the while risking the (arguably) secondary objective of a top 4.
Recycling coaches is almost as bad as bringing former star players thinking they have some magic. Very recent example De Rossi might work out at Roma but he would be an exception. Bringing Mazzarri back is probably the best description of 'lazy scouting' (the phrase shouldn't apply just to player scouting). I am personally not very convinced by the likes of Motta but it certainly beats bringing back Allegri or even our own like Pippo, Rino, etc.
New rumors that Ibra & co have made Klopp their #1 choice to take over Pioli's position. Klopp has long admired Milan admitting that Sacchi's Milan formed the 'basis' of his tactics as a manager.

That would be a dream. Klopp might be expensive but worth every penny, the guy knows what he's doing and won't need an astronomical budget to get results.
It always starts with big names, it ends with mediocres. Ancelotti/Montella etc.
Also, when asked why he's leaving, Klopp said that he's "running out of energy and motivation". Just for Liverpool or for coaching in general?
Avaiting for arrival of exorcist into our boardroom.