Milan Management
Italian football is not as tactical as it ince was.A good coach is a good coach and will do well in Italy just as much he would in any other country.
(10-30-2017, 06:46 AM)ilgrandemilan Wrote: No to them..Not because they are not good..but simply because they has no experience of italian football (never as a coach or as a player). 
Italian football is well known as most tactical league in the world. So these type of coaches will need 'time' to understand italian football..and their learning time surely will affect Milan result...
and i think Most of us here are tired for another year zero again every season..

as for Mourinho..i don't rate him as a success at Inter in his first year without italian football experience...because inter created calciopoli..(even Moyes/De Boer can win the league that year)

we're currently headed towards a year zero again anyway with Montella... so these where just options that they could head for to hopefully fix our coaching problem. Sure they will take time, but they'd eventually come good. 

As for the top striker... we wouldn't need one if the team was performing as it should... Bacca should have stayed instead of bringing in Kalinic, but let's not forget that Bacca was also super lazy, and a one dimensional striker. 
Had we kept Bacca though and spent the money on anther midfielder we'd likely be in a different position... Add in a better coach and we'd be better again.
Supposedly, according to Football Italia, we will have our meeting with UEFA on November 9 to discuss how we are going to comply with FFP over the next 3-5 years. Worst case scenario, we could receive a fine, restrictions on transfers and registering players etc for the next time we're in Europe. According to the article, we're also going to be requesting an exemption from FFP for next year. Not sure which source would be so "in the know" but that's what the article says..
Siamo a posto cosi.
Closer to relegation than we are to 4th.I see a lot say "people think we should be scudetto contenders straight away Montella needs time" do they actually believe that.Its not impatience and I want now now now.Its the fact that we've lost to all those that were supposed to be our rivals in those games we got either beaten with ease or humiliated.The Inter game was closer but we never looked like we would win it.
We've struggled againts SPAL Udinese Cagliari and Rijeka even though we won.
There has been zero progression and no matter how hard a person wants to convince themselves for a team that finished 6th then spent what they spent on the players they did while the likes of Roma Lazio sold their best players , its been awful absolutely awful.

Does anyone else see a possibility that this could be like an Anzhi sutuation where we get a new owner spend lots and he or they realise whoa ...thats not enough to even get close to where they wanted to be which was later stages of the UCL , now we're losing €100-€150m sell all the most valuable players scale way back pay off the loan and sell the club.

This whole deal still seems strange.When its time to pay the installments for players will money even be there.
Worst case scenario ofcourse , but If we have to sell the likes of Donnarumma Suso Silva next summer we are not going to be spending big sums again to replace them.
To be honest I felt like against larger teams last year we played better games than we did this year.
(11-02-2017, 04:38 AM)WCmilan Wrote: To be honest I felt like against larger teams last year we played better games than we did this year.

We did.Watching Napoli last night shows how astronomically far away we are from being where we used be.They looked it for a lot of games but were ultimately beaten comfortably.City had more possession more shots on goal and scored 4 goals at the San Paolo.
We are so far behind Napoli it kind of puts in perspective how far in reality we are from City Real Barca Bayern PSG etc...
(11-02-2017, 11:29 AM)Jay Crisp Wrote: We did.Watching Napoli last night shows how astronomically far away we are from being where we used be.They looked it for a lot of games but were ultimately beaten comfortably.City had more possession more shots on goal and scored 4 goals at the San Paolo.
We are so far behind Napoli it kind of puts in perspective how far in reality we are from City Real Barca Bayern PSG etc...

No doubt, we're way off those teams. But I think if we reached Napoli's level of play & chemistry all we'd be missing is a few big investments in some areas. They sort of lack a couple of superstars to get up to those levels IMO. If we had what Napoli had, our Chinese could prob afford a couple 100mln to get us up that notch. Problem is, will we ever get up to Napoli's level, because as it stands we're far off from the let alone City, Real & barca
Montella quote :
“If the game bores you, don’t come to see Milan anymore,”
What an ass.No one is expecting us to be scudetto front runners , but to be closer to relegation than 4th is disgusting.Theres been no improvement we look like a bonified midtable team and not a Torino or Samp we look like a Bologna.Playing season after season just surviving.People calling for his head arent glory hunters that want success in November.They are concerned & baffled & worried fans.This season coile cost is Donnarumma Suso Silva or whoever and if theyre sold it will be to book balance & fall in line with FFP not to reinvest.
(11-03-2017, 04:50 AM)WCmilan Wrote: No doubt, we're way off those teams. But I think if we reached Napoli's level of play & chemistry all we'd be missing is a few big investments in some areas. They sort of lack a couple of superstars to get up to those levels IMO. If we had what Napoli had, our Chinese could prob afford a couple 100mln to get us up that notch. Problem is, will we ever get up to Napoli's level, because as it stands we're far off from the let alone City, Real & barca
Thats my exact issue.We're so far off Napolis level will we ever compete for UCL.I want to win it FFS at some stage.It legit seems like its impossible now.Some will point to Juve , but they too are years ahead of us and were beaten by Barca fairly easy even though they had a period of dominance in that game.Real crushed them.
(11-03-2017, 02:08 PM)Jay Crisp Wrote: Thats my exact issue.We're so far off Napolis level will we ever compete for UCL.I want to win it FFS at some stage.It legit seems like its impossible now.Some will point to Juve , but they too are years ahead of us and were beaten by Barca fairly easy even though they had a period of dominance in that game.Real crushed them.

In my opinion, Juventus sums up the poor state Serie A is in generally speaking. They've made it to finals but have been literally torn apart by the likes of Madrid. In Italy, nobody has been able to come near juventus for like 7 years now. I think getting to Juve's level is being competitive, but still not at the highest level IMO.