Milan Management
Elliott have convinced Paolo Maldini to work for Milan. Maldini will join the Milan management as the head of the technical area. There is a total agreement between the parties and only the signature is missing [Il Giornale]
Head of Technical Area = Mirabelli? (right now)

For some reason, I feel like if Maldini works for the club, then everything will be ok. Big Grin Maybe that's a feeling left over form when he played. I don't know. But in any case, this would make me ecstatic.

One thing is for sure....with Maldini, we always know that he will have the club as his #1 interest. It is important to have people like him working in Milan. Just imagine that you are a player that Milan is interested in and it is Maldini on the other side of the table talking to you, convincing you and offering you a contract. Much, MUCH better and more convincing that Mirabelli, no?
(07-10-2018, 04:13 PM)nefremo Wrote: Head of Technical Area = Mirabelli? (right now)

For some reason, I feel like if Maldini works for the club, then everything will be ok. Big Grin Maybe that's a feeling left over form when he played. I don't know. But in any case, this would make me ecstatic.

One thing is for sure....with Maldini, we always know that he will have the club as his #1 interest. It is important to have people like him working in Milan. Just imagine that you are a player that Milan is interested in and it is Maldini on the other side of the table talking to you, convincing you and offering you a contract. Much, MUCH better and more convincing that Mirabelli, no?

100%
The players agents sit across the table not the players. Maldini can and will be a positive for the image of the club but he negotiating transfers is very far from being a guaranteed success. We are back to our old discussion, the same one where we can easily guess why Zanetti accepted a ceremonial role at Inter, it is not about my opinion it is about Maldini knowing his own abilities.
Let's hope that he will stay longer (with new board) ,I don't believe Eliot will be here long.
Avaiting forĀ arrival of exorcist into our boardroom.
I don't think Maldini would necessarily take on a role negotiating transfers/contracts, hence I think we keep seeing Giuntioli's name cropping up. If Maldini comes, I'm confident that he won't be alone.

If Maldini does return, it'll be interesting. We know from his past response that he won't return unless he's given certain levels of guarantees. If he returns, I think either;

1) He knows who's buying the club after Elliot and this is effectively starting that project early
2) Elliot will fund the club for a period (a year or more) during which time he'll have time to work and be in a position to keep his job even if new owners arrive.

I think him returning is a positive signal, as I don't think we'd see him back if there weren't certainties in place.
It makes more sense for Elliott to hold onto the club and invest so that they can sell it for more in the future
Fair enough. Maybe he won't be negotiating transfers, but he will be heavily involved in the construction of the squad and therefore heavily involved in meeting with the players (convincing, etc). If I'm not mistaken, this is Mirabelli's role. Mirabelli doesn't negotiate the transfers either. It is Fassone that does this....but Mirabelli has a heavy input in what a player might be worth (interms of importance) to Milan.

As a matter of fact, just a few days ago Fassone made a comment within the lines of....Mirabelli and Gattuso suggest certain players and I gotta see if we got the means to acquire them. Don't quote that word for word, but that's the gist of what he said.

So again, we are not talking about Maldini negotiating and having the power to pay as much as he wants for a player. But this is about Maldini having the power to provide heavy input on the squad construction and therefore the players we are following, contacts with agents, etc, etc. And when it comes to this, nobody can convince me that Maldini knows less than Mirabelli. Maldini knows football, he's lived it and experienced it. Not saying trust him with spending money.....but I'd sure as hell trust him more when it comes to football knowledge and talent judgement than freaking Mirabelli.
Mirabelli is a mercenary sent by Inter
Nefremo what you describe is pretty close to what I've said in the past is in my eyes potentially the ideal role for Maldini.