Milan Management
(03-03-2020, 11:38 AM)Artan Wrote: Ralf Rangnick in his career has won at best 2 Austrian Championships and one DFB Cup. Best club he has coached an that for short period is Schalke 04. And you guys expect him revolutionize a team/club like ACM. ?
of the dude Mitchel i wont even spend my words...

It is not about finding a manager who has won titles, because our team is not setup to win titles at this point anyway. No matter if you put Guardiola, Klopp or Conte in charge of this team, it wouldn’t make us title contenders with the players we have. On top of that they would want a huge budget to improve the team with established players that can win something right away. Elliot is clearly going for a more prudent and longterm strategy, which makes sense from their perspective. Unless some rich person with an illogical love for the game buys the club, and allows whoever is in charge to go on a spending-spree, the whole internal setup of how we find and develop players needs to be changed before we can even start dreaming about titles again.

Ralf Rangnick has played a part in building one of the most well-run football organisations out there today. Milan needs a proper revolution this time, where the focus is on developing our own stars. I could only wish that we had a setup as professional as Leipzig or Salzburg have today.

I’m not saying that we will start winning titles with him, but I hope that he can play an important part in getting this club back on route for better days ahead. It is not about winning something tomorrow, it is about laying the groundwork for winning a lot of things over the next 20 years.
Nicolas, unrealistic are your expectations that with Rangnick you can play an important part in getting this club on route for better days ahead. Its simply no match btw him and a club of Milan calibre. I am following BuLi for ages, and Rangnick wasnt even close to what the best managers and coaches have reached in Germany. If he was that good you mean, Bayern, BVB wouldnt have chosen him for a position in their respective organigrama. Instead, with his appointment i see Elliot's plans are the way of turning ACM to a sub mediocre team of young kids and sell them for big money. ACM is turning to a supermarket not a project for winning silverware. I am quite sure that the Supercoppa is the last trophy we have won for at least next 10 years.
If you had appointed a Guardiola, a Klopp, than they would have brought you high calibre players. Rangnick is something like Giampaolo or Pioli who would ask for a jersey after playing against Ibrahimovic
(03-03-2020, 04:10 AM)ACM2020 Wrote: Rangnick could turn out to be Klopp. Or he could turn out to be Flopp. There is so much uncertainty.

The only certainty is that Maldini and Boban are our legends, forever our legends. Nothing will change that. Yes, I know that we should look forward instead of dwelling on the past glory, but guess what, until there is actually any slight hint of hope in the future glory, I have nothing better to do but dwelling on the past glory. I am just so grateful that I watched Milan in the past three decades and witnessed so many glories, and Maldini was in every minutes. To be perfectly honest, even if Milan ceased to exist today, I would already have had a good run and won't complain.

About Rangnick, if he becomes one of us, he will have my support for sure, but I am pretty sure that he will never mean more to me than Maldini.

If Maldini and Boban get fired, it will be a very sad and dark day to me. I don't care if that's the right thing to do, it is just sad. I will probably boycott something. I think I will continue watching every game, but that will be it.

You know what, I think I will boycott reza's PL. Grinundwech

bolded part +1
aka edysim
(03-03-2020, 01:04 PM)Artan Wrote: If you had appointed a Guardiola, a Klopp, than they would have brought you high calibre players. 

Were they going to pay for those players out of their own pocket, would the players pay their own fee to play under those managers or how would that happen?
(03-03-2020, 02:20 PM)Nicolas Wrote: Were they going to pay for those players out of their own pocket, would the players pay their own fee to play under those managers or how would that happen?

Of course Elliot would have to pay, they are the club owners. If they serious intentions with the club then yes. If not, they are trying to make money by selling only.
Elliott is Arsenalizing Milan. They see ACM as money factory.
(03-03-2020, 01:01 PM)Artan Wrote: I am following BuLi for ages, and Rangnick wasnt even close to what the best managers and coaches have reached in Germany. If he was that good you mean, Bayern, BVB wouldnt have chosen him for a position in their respective organigrama.

Bayern and Dortmund already have a well-running infrastructure, we don’t. 

I am sure that there are even better options than him out there, but this might be news for you:
There are lots of greats admins, managers and players out there who wouldn’t touch this club right now, because we have nothing to offer them.

We are in such a deep hole right now, and there are only two ways out of it; money or a radical change of course.
We know that Elliot won’t bring that kind of money, so forget star managers and players. The other way comes from within, from developing talents - and sure some of them will be sold, we will not be in a position where we can hold on to all of our players for some time still. But if you remember back to the early 80’s where the glory years began, this team was built on a foundation of young talents, and then a rich guy came in and added some star players to the mix, which turned the team into what we all know and love. Elliot are trying to do the first part, to increase the value of the club by filling it will players whose value goes up, because that will make the club more attractive to the next buyer. They have a short term plan which is about making this club appear as attractive as possible to potential buyers, and you do so with lower contracts for players with higher upsides if they blossom.
(03-03-2020, 02:23 PM)Artan Wrote: Of course Elliot would have to pay, they are the club owners. If they serious intentions with the club then yes. If not, they are trying to make money by selling only.

Elliot does not intend to keep this club. They got it cheap, they have no real passion for football so their objective is to make a big profit when they sell it, not a small profit by selling a player here and there. You probably don’t look at our finances, but this club is bleeding money every month. In 2018/2019 the club declared a loss of €156M, which means that Elliot would have to sell Donnarumma, Romagnoli and most like Theo just to cover that loss. Their only way of making money from this club is a big sale.

The only reason why Elliot would care the slightest if this club would win something, is because is because of money garnered from participation and winning, - but they wouldn't be able to profit from that if they had to pay for a bunch of expensive star players on big contracts to do so. They are a vulture fund, they care about money coming in, not shiny sports cups and trophies.

Running a football club like you describe is how you loose a lot of money. Berlusconi did it because he loves the sport and used the success of Milan to gain political popularity, - Elliot are only interested in making money. That is why they will never do what you would prefer, and that is how it will continue to be until someone else who might have a bigger passion for the club buys it.
Rumours of a wage cap of €2m from next season. Good luck keeping our best players and getting new decent ones... We're stuck in mediocrity.