Milan Management
(01-22-2015, 02:00 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: Some news about Barbara's work today:

http://www.milannews.it/primo-piano/gazz...one-166219

A quick rundown...

- There will be a shift in focus for marketing from the US to East Asia, where there's a large fanbase
- The summer tour will most likely be in China and Japan this year rather than the US
- The club are considering an opportunity to build another Casa Milan in China.
- Barbara intends to present the new stadium project at the start of February to try and get approval and start work.
- Nothing new, but the project will be to build the stadium near Casa Milan (the one in Milan Big Grin ) and be around 40-45,000 seater.

(01-21-2015, 02:42 PM)devoted_dm Wrote: Yeah it seems to have been denied (God I wish it was true, we need an owner who is not a kooky old man). The situation is probably the same as before, that the company is looking for a minority stakeholder to inject funds into the club, but hopefully they will start seeing this as an urgent matter now. Without money, things will keep getting worse. It won't be long before we'll start comparing Galliani to Comical Ali.

Devilol

NOOOOO FFS The one time they came to Toronto (last year) I missed it because I was travelling. Now they want to go to Asia!? Facepalm

Siamo a posto cosi.
For the first time ever not in the top 10 but the sad thing is this is still 250million not managed well

[Image: B78rLp8IUAAt5p-.png]
I was just going to post that Reza. So the mighty have fallen. Interesting to see the top 8 making substantially more than they were in previous seasons especially 3 through 8. I'm curious to learn how big teams like Chelsea, PSG or even ManCity can increase their revenues by 20+%!
I'm really puzzled as to how teams like Roma and Tottenham spend so much more money than us on the transfer market, yet they have smaller revenue than us.
(01-22-2015, 07:13 PM)Acmir Wrote: I'm really puzzled as to how teams like Roma and Tottenham spend so much more money than us on the transfer market, yet they have smaller revenue than us.

I think it's because Milan is a much bigger organization. We are set up a lot like clubs like Real Madrid, Barcelona or Man Utd, which means that we spend far more money than smaller clubs like Roma and Tottenham. Debt might also be a factor, as Tottenham's debt was also 72 million euro last season, while ours was 194 million. Roma owes about 130 million.

I think that the club (Berlusconi), somewhat arrogantly, didn't expect that the lack of squad investment and the sales of our best players would lead to not qualifying for the Champions League. We are losing a lot of money because of this. There's TV revenue, prize money from UEFA, more difficult to find sponsors and investors, loss of fan interest etc. Selling Ibra and Thiago Silva without even reinvesting the money in the squad proves that Berlusconi has lost his business sense. Barbara tried to warn him that this would happen, but to no avail.

It makes me so angry. How old is he now...?
(01-22-2015, 08:54 PM)devoted_dm Wrote: I think it's because Milan is a much bigger organization. We are set up a lot like clubs like Real Madrid, Barcelona or Man Utd, which means that we spend far more money than smaller clubs like Roma and Tottenham. Debt might also be a factor, as Tottenham's debt was also 72 million euro last season, while ours was 194 million. Roma owes about 130 million.

I think that the club (Berlusconi), somewhat arrogantly, didn't expect that the lack of squad investment and the sales of our best players would lead to not qualifying for the Champions League. We are losing a lot of money because of this. There's TV revenue, prize money from UEFA, more difficult to find sponsors and investors, loss of fan interest etc. Selling Ibra and Thiago Silva without even reinvesting the money in the squad proves that Berlusconi has lost his business sense. Barbara tried to warn him that this would happen, but to no avail.

(01-22-2015, 08:54 PM)devoted_dm Wrote:
(01-22-2015, 07:13 PM)Acmir Wrote: I'm really puzzled as to how teams like Roma and Tottenham spend so much more money than us on the transfer market, yet they have smaller revenue than us.

I think it's because Milan is a much bigger organization. We are set up a lot like clubs like Real Madrid, Barcelona or Man Utd, which means that we spend far more money than smaller clubs like Roma and Tottenham. Debt might also be a factor, as Tottenham's debt was also 72 million euro last season, while ours was 194 million. Roma owes about 130 million.

Icon_lol2

You do know that he may be cheap, but he is still rich, right? He probably will live until he is 120 years old. Grinundwech
Discussion on twitter on whether or not the last two coaches are proof that we are overrating past players and whether it is automatic that someone like Maldini will be different (whatever possible role he may have, obviously he won't be coach)
I agree with you there Reza. I think we should give up on the fantasy hunt for our Pep Guardiola and find people with a proven track record that can turn this ship around. That goes for coach, sporting directors, etc. I know Dev is a big fan of getting former players because they can, in theory, attempt to bring back some of the philosophy of the glory days. I think our situation now is so dire though that we need experienced hands to get us out.
Siamo a posto cosi.
It's funny that Berlusconi's net worth has went up almost 3 billion in the last few years, but he hasn't invested any money into Milan.