Summer mercato 2015
Jovetic maybe?
How is Zaccardo still part of the squad? I assume that he will be leaving, while Albertazzi and Ely might be loaned out. Alex might not stay either. As we would then be left with Abate, Antonelli, De Sciglio, Zapata, Paletta and Mexes (probably), we absolutely have to invest in defence.

That being said, I don't think our back four was our main problem last year. Abate, Antonelli and De Sciglio are all very capable fullbacks, and in the case of the latter, I think what he needs more than anything is a consistent, injury free season.
As for the centre backs, I thought Paletta was pretty solid last year, even though I know there are people who disagree with me on that. Mexes also usually plays quite well, but unfortunately he is a fucking psycho. As for Zapata, he is excellent when he plays well, but he's very inconsistent. Alex is usually quite solid, but lacks pace and tends to get injured a lot.

However, I kept saying that our defensive problems last season had a lot to do with our midfield, which is something I hope the club will try to rectify this summer. If we can sign a quality centre back and a left back, I think that department is fine. My main concern is actually that we may not have a midfield capable of dominating matches and providing Bacca and Adriano with the support they need.
For that reason, I think that having El Shaarawy play in midfield might be a good solution, as long as he can adapt to the role. He is actually quite good defensively, he's great with the ball, he's got a good eye for the goal and he runs a lot - all important qualities for a modern midfielder to have. Like someone said, he will need to improve his passing a bit. But all in all, this could be a brilliant idea.
Btw, I'm happy to see that Tassotti is staying on at the club as a scout. It would have been disgraceful if we'd just let him go like that after 30 years. Apparently this was Galliani's idea.
Yet a role didn't exist for Maldini.....
^ , I had hoped one of the first things we would do was bring Maldini back into the club, oh well..

Anyhow, Berlusconi is at Milanello today, he was interviewed and said that we will compete with Juventus for the scudetto next season.
If we keep all of Mexes,Paletta,Zapata and Alex, then yes I agree that it's likely we'll only sign one of laporte,romagnoli or hummels lets say. However, Alex seems on his way out, with other clubs interested and ongoing interest especially from Santos, who say he's too expensive for now.

My question is this.. Why are we meeting with the agent of Jovetic and Nastasic, if we are still trying to sign Ibra and have just signed Adriano and Bacca. It wouldn't make sense to buy another striker. So I'm guessing the meeting is really for Nastasic, which excites me tbh, I've always liked him as a player.
but isnt nastasic just sign a 4 year deal with schalke?
On Tassotti and Maldini, I'm glad for Tassotti, but not surprised about Maldini. As long as Berlusconi and particularly Galliani remain in charge, it's difficult to see him return.

On Nastasic and maybe Jovetic, I don't think they can be bought now as Luiz Adriano took the last non-eu spot. Pretty sure that's the case for Nastasic, but much less certain on Jovetic.

On Mastour, I would like to think he'll be allowed to go on loan for a year or move into Primavera for a year to get consistent game time.

On the squad I think this is what will occur with the current players:

GK:
ABBIATI - Stay
AGAZZI - Possibly replaced/sold/3rd choice
DONNARUMMA - Probably back to Primavera
LĂ“PEZ - Stay
GABRIEL - Loaned out

DEFENDERS:
ABATE - Stay
ALBERTAZZI - Sold
ALEX - Sold
ANTONELLI - Stay
DE SCIGLIO - Stay
ELY - Stay/loaned
PALETTA - Stay
ZACCARDO - Sold
ZAPATA - Stay

MIDFIELDERS:
BERTOLACCI - Stay
BONAVENTURA - Stay
DE JONG - Stay
MONTOLIVO - Stay
NOCERINO - Sold
POLI - Stay

FORWARDS
BACCA - Stay
CERCI - Returned to Atletico (Don't think he'll be kept on unless Mihajlovic specifically requests it, despite the words about him in the press conference today)
EL SHAARAWY - Stay
HONDA - Stay
LUIZ ADRIANO - Stay
MATRI - Stay
MENEZ - Stay
NIANG - Stay
SUSO - Stay or Loaned, hard to predict
VERDI - Loaned/Sold

That leaves 3 GKs, 6 Defenders, 5 Midfielders, 7 or 8 attackers. This is still a rough look at the squad and I think things will change. Berlusconi said Calabria will be relied on, so I expect him to be promoted to be the 4th fullback. I expect 2 more CBs (1 is possibly Mexes?). I expect a new midfielder and it's hard to say what will happen in attack still, but it's possibly the department still likely to undergo the biggest changes.

Also, just a very quick note on the press conference, but I got to say they did a pretty good job. Pretty much everything said was the right thing to say, Miha said the right things in response to his history and made some really interesting comments.

On SES moving to midfield, I found it interesting. I suggested back after the season he scored a lot of goals, saying I thought he'd better develop as a complete player working from deeper, so I'd be interested in how he's used. Also, they (both Miha and Silvio) said he can be used as CAM or even in midfield (Silvio specifically saying as a left sided midfielder).
(07-03-2015, 12:23 PM)nefremo Wrote: The squad is up on acmilan.com and no Mastour in there....

Mr hype Devilol what a shocker.He aint ready , not even close
I agree that he's not ready, but he is now 17. It doesn't make sense to put him on the roster last year, and take him off this year. Although, I did see a picture of him arriving at Milanello for training today so I guess he is still training with the first team.

In any case, we need to start showing some trust to our youngsters. Otherwise they'll never be ready.
(07-03-2015, 07:45 PM)nefremo Wrote: I agree that he's not ready, but he is now 17. It doesn't make sense to put him on the roster last year, and take him off this year. Although, I did see a picture of him arriving at Milanello for training today so I guess he is still training with the first team.

In any case, we need to start showing some trust to our youngsters. Otherwise they'll never be ready.
He's been put back into primevera list to avoid breaking the 25-squad regulation.
He trains with and will attend senior squad matches.

Salah, after all of today's fiasco, seems closer to Inter... While we're still chasing Ibra.

Its been pretty quiet today, Baldy deserves some rest Big Grin