Summer mercato 2015
Milan > Barca
Jay, even if I don't want to...most of the time, I do agree with you because you speak the truth and are realistic all the time. It may come across as negative, but it's realistic.

About Gundogan however, I do think you might be wrong. The chances of us going for him are very slim. But IF we do decide to pursue it, with the money behind us, it is very possible.

Let's go back a couple of months. He had 1 year left on his contract of 1.5 mil. He did not want to extend it, because he knew he was worth a lot more. Dortmund made him available for 25mil. Problem for him was, that he couldn't get teams to pay his requested 8-10mil salary, ON TOP of the 25mil fee to Dortmund. Never mind the fact that he asked for a 7mil euro raise on his current contract at the time. The teams that are capable of dishing out that kind of money didn't REALLY need him, apart from United. Now they have signed Bastian anyway, so they are no longer interested anyway.

So, Dortmund goes and extends his contract by ONE season. They give him a good salary, but only for one extra season......basically saying, you are no longer available for 25 mil cuz your contract now runs for an extra year. They don't want to be a hostige again next summer. IF someone offers 40+mil, they will sell in a heartbeat. He will also settle for a salary of around 6mil, I'm certain of it.

This was a situation of "I'll scratch you back, you scratch mine" between Dortmund and Ilkay. He says, fine I'll try and fetch you more transfer money so that you don't have to sell me for 20-25. Dortmund says, fine we'll raise your salary so that if someone pays the money, your requests will be more reasonable.....in other words, asking for a raise from 1.5mil to 8mil is a huge difference; whereas asking for a raise from 5.4 to 8 is a lot more reasonable. This situation give EVERYONE involved more leverage to negotiate. It works for everyone (except for the buying team of course). IF nobody steps in, Doetmund keeps a key player and he makes almost 6mil euros while at it. Win-win situation. It is however no secret that he will be open to leaving. Someone just needs to step up with the money. Why not us?
(07-29-2015, 04:20 PM)nefremo Wrote: Jay, even if I don't want to...most of the time, I do agree with you because you speak the truth and are realistic all the time. It may come across as negative, but it's realistic.

About Gundogan however, I do think you might be wrong. The chances of us going for him are very slim. But IF we do decide to pursue it, with the money behind us, it is very possible.

Let's go back a couple of months. He had 1 year left on his contract of 1.5 mil. He did not want to extend it, because he knew he was worth a lot more. Dortmund made him available for 25mil. Problem for him was, that he couldn't get teams to pay his requested 8-10mil salary, ON TOP of the 25mil fee to Dortmund. Never mind the fact that he asked for a 7mil euro raise on his current contract at the time. The teams that are capable of dishing out that kind of money didn't REALLY need him, apart from United. Now they have signed Bastian anyway, so they are no longer interested anyway.

So, Dortmund goes and extends his contract by ONE season. They give him a good salary, but only for one extra season......basically saying, you are no longer available for 25 mil cuz your contract now runs for an extra year. They don't want to be a hostige again next summer. IF someone offers 40+mil, they will sell in a heartbeat. He will also settle for a salary of around 6mil, I'm certain of it.

This was a situation of "I'll scratch you back, you scratch mine" between Dortmund and Ilkay. He says, fine I'll try and fetch you more transfer money so that you don't have to sell me for 20-25. Dortmund says, fine we'll raise your salary so that if someone pays the money, your requests will be more reasonable.....in other words, asking for a raise from 1.5mil to 8mil is a huge difference; whereas asking for a raise from 5.4 to 8 is a lot more reasonable. This situation give EVERYONE involved more leverage to negotiate. It works for everyone (except for the buying team of course). IF nobody steps in, Doetmund keeps a key player and he makes almost 6mil euros while at it. Win-win situation. It is however no secret that he will be open to leaving. Someone just needs to step up with the money. Why not us?

I just see him as a guy that wants the meganess (is that a word ) of the now Real Barca City Chelsea PSG even UTD rather than join a team rebuilding.I don't think he has the humbleness of say a Bacca I think his character is that of flashy guy that wants the mega bucks the hype the quick success...Ofcourse I could definitely be wrong.Id love him here hope youre right.
Albertazzi to Verona?
Well to be honest, even if I'm right about his situation...I do think you are right about our chances of getting him.....mostly because we don't seem to be interested. There was one rumor about a month ago and it disappeared right away. At this pont, there's nothing to suggest any interest. Things can change in August though.

In any case, let's see what happens with all of this money coming in.

@Reza, done deal?
Not official but seems close to 3 year deal
Albertazzi back to Verona may be good for him. I remember him having solid performance against us. I really don't mind keeping him, seeing that he only makes 400k I think. But with the 25-man team size limit, it is expected that he would be among the first to leave, thanks to his young age and low salary.

(07-29-2015, 02:38 PM)Jay Crisp Wrote: Gundogan is currently on €5.4m after Tax IIRC he signed a new contract in June.His €1.5m salary was from a contract in 2011.
He is also 110% unrealistic.If he leaves he'll go the EPL UTD most likely or another high profile team.When he was talking with teams he wanted €8m a year after tax.
Id like him here too but lets be realistic.

Yes that seems like a big salary for Milan.  I think Bertolacci will be playing as the technical Mezz'ala.  Honda is our Trequartista, and perhaps Witsel will be our Box 2 Box.  Montolivo is the anchor.  I don't want De Jong there.  I would have De Jong play in a Gattuso Role... to shadow other team's best midfielder, but he has never played in that role before.  He has always been in the 4-2-3-1..where he was next to a playmaker and his job was to protect that player.  He played in that role for Man City and Netherlands. Our hope was to have him continue with that next to Montolivo.. but it was a disaster

I would like this at this point:

-----------Bacca-----Ibra----
---------------Honda-------
-----Bertolacci-------Witsel-------
-------------Montolivo---------------
----Anto------------------De Sciglio
-----Romagnoli---Maksimovic-----
--------------D. Lopez------------

Backups
---------Niang---Adriano----
--------------Menez----------
--Bonaventura----DeJong
---------------Mauri----------
--DES---???--???----Abate
--------------Abs----------------
(07-29-2015, 07:16 PM)ElMago99 Wrote:
(07-29-2015, 02:38 PM)Jay Crisp Wrote: Gundogan is currently on €5.4m after Tax IIRC he signed a new contract in June.His €1.5m salary was from a contract in 2011.
He is also 110% unrealistic.If he leaves he'll go the EPL UTD most likely or another high profile team.When he was talking with teams he wanted €8m a year after tax.
Id like him here too but lets be realistic.

Yes that seems like a big salary for Milan.  I think Bertolacci will be playing as the technical Mezz'ala.  Honda is our Trequartista, and perhaps Witsel will be our Box 2 Box.  Montolivo is the anchor.  I don't want De Jong there.  I would have De Jong play in a Gattuso Role... to shadow other team's best midfielder, but he has never played in that role before.  He has always been in the 4-2-3-1..where he was next to a playmaker and his job was to protect that player.  He played in that role for Man City and Netherlands.  Our hope was to have him continue with that next to Montolivo.. but it was a disaster

I would like this at this point:

-----------Bacca-----Ibra----
---------------Honda-------
-----Bertolacci-------Witsel-------
-------------Montolivo---------------
----Anto------------------De Sciglio
-----Romagnoli---Maksimovic-----
--------------D. Lopez------------

Backups
---------Niang---Adriano----
--------------Menez----------
--Bonaventura----DeJong
---------------Mauri----------
--DES---???--???----Abate
--------------Abs----------------
This seems to be the most realistic formation for me. Adriano can also play as a trequartista in case Honda gets injured and/ or Jack plays as a regista (but I doubt this will happen). It's a shame to see talent like Adriano get sidelined.

Milan News said that an alternative to Romagnoli would be Astori...how was he last season?
Not sure... He's not too hyped up or liked to be honest...

Some Center Backs are good.. as long as they're next to an even better one..  Some are leaders some are not.  For instance, Mexes was great next to Nesta and Silva... who knows how Astori would be.. but prob not ideal as the main CB.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/25063...s-problems

Good Article about how Ibra has played Galliani as payback.  I think Galliani is old now and he's lost his ability to run the club, negotiate, or even understand what's going on around him,.