Summer mercato 2015
Jordie Clasie's name is being mentioned regularly again lately as he was apparently scouted recently when facing Roma. Another name linked today is Morgan Sanson, who seems to be a young attacking midfielder in Montpellier who's had a breakthrough year:

http://www.milannews.it/calciomercato-mi...son-169424

The biggest link is Valdifiori of Empoli, who's linked to Milan everywhere of late. The latest rumour is that Saponara and Verdi could be given up to get him. I don't get it personally, even though I can't say I've watched him extensively, what I have seen is nothing interesting and I don't understand why he's even linked.
BIG BIG Yes to Clasie. I think he is a top player already. He will fix many issues in our midfield.

I like Validfiori. The first time I noticed him was against Inter in the first couple games after Mancini took over. He completely bossed the midfield....but I haven't seen enough to say anything else. He is closing in on 30, but that's not a problem if we don't give him a big and long contract. Players like these are ok to sign to be part of the rotation process. I would rather someone like him on a low contract then Essien for example. Obviously, keeping in mind that the club has scouted him for much longer then only this season. I doubt that however.....
Our first team squad : 31 average players, some even well below average.
Real Madrid first team squad : 23 good players, some even world class.
Bayern Munich first team squad : 25 good players, some even world class.
Chelsea first team squad : 24 good players, some even world class.

I think signing even more rotation and backup players should be out of the question until we have slimmed down the squad. If we had a smaller squad maybe even we could afford someone good... Just a thought.

And Galliani says Milan will be back to their best by next season... Sorry, it's impossible. This Milan will take years to fix, not to mention money...
A back to best is not happening, earliest "good" is new stadium opening and ~1998 players being good enough.
Galliani running his fat mouth again? We will be back next year? Didn't we already hear that for the last couple of seasons? And the results have been....shall we call it "disappointing"? Galliani truly is a relic, a statute from the good old times. The new age sports management prides themselves on involving their fan base and transparency. Its not because they like to do it but they know things like that helps get the fans more engaged. We, on the other hand, play word games in media and brag about bullshit nobody cares about all day. Galliani can keep blaming the economy for the empty San Siro, but deep down, he knows his mouth drove away its fair share of fans as well.
(02-25-2015, 01:57 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: Jordie Clasie's name is being mentioned regularly again lately as he was apparently scouted recently when facing Roma. Another name linked today is Morgan Sanson, who seems to be a young attacking midfielder in Montpellier who's had a breakthrough year:

http://www.milannews.it/calciomercato-mi...son-169424

The biggest link is Valdifiori of Empoli, who's linked to Milan everywhere of late. The latest rumour is that Saponara and Verdi could be given up to get him. I don't get it personally, even though I can't say I've watched him extensively, what I have seen is nothing interesting and I don't understand why he's even linked.

Lets just mark off Clasie and Sanson , neither will join Milan.They are young good and in demand.They wont sign for Milan.

Valdifiori is the only real option because he'll come cheap well for Saponara and Verdi.He's an ordinary player who spent his whole career in Serie B bar this one , and he's doing good by Empoli standards.He's having a purple patch rather than being a great player.He's a focal point at Empoli and knows the club players tactics style manager whats expected , he will make no difference at Milan , but he's cheap and he'sll get that bumper pay rise on a multiple year contract at 29.

We have enough average players , its signings like this continuous mediocre players that have Milan a mid-table team.If the intention is stay in mid-table sign him.If its to get better STAY THE HELL AWAY
(02-25-2015, 05:47 PM)nefremo Wrote: BIG BIG Yes to Clasie. I think he is a top player already. He will fix many issues in our midfield.

I like Validfiori. The first time I noticed him was against Inter in the first couple games after Mancini took over. He completely bossed the midfield....but I haven't seen enough to say anything else. He is closing in on 30, but that's not a problem if we don't give him a big and long contract. Players like these are ok to sign to be part of the rotation process. I would rather someone like him on a low contract then Essien for example. Obviously, keeping in mind that the club has scouted him for much longer then only this season. I doubt that however.....

Actually more than those two, I'm most interested in Morgan Sanson. He could be very interesting in the midfield and really looks a good talent.

I'm just not interested in Valdifiori, I don't see a player who'll particularly improve the side from where it is now.

Clasie is a player I'd really like too if he was to join. Worth mentioning I'm kind of with Jay, that Sanson and Clasie seem unlikely.

Edit: Forgot to mention I agree with all of you who said that this club won't and can't return to the top next year (unless maybe there's a massive injection of cash). Galliani's a fool though, so I guess we just have to accept he's going to say stupid things.
Saying stupid things is one thing, we all have crazy old people around us telling us stuff that makes no sense. But it's the way Galliani handles himself that irritates me. He doesn't say things to the fans, he tells it to us like all the fans are a bunch of idiots who spend all day drooling into a cup. He sees fans as nothing but a bunch of morons who knows nothing and only entertains us because he needs the cash in our wallets.
But maybe we are idiots slifersd Sad I mean I am certain come the end of April May & into silly season us fans will discuss the like of ...A new manager Klopp or DeBoer or Conte, even though none will happen.
Then onto players we'll all talk that the likes of Zapata ,Armero ,Zaccardo, Essien ,Muntari ,Mexes ,Matri ,Noce, Robinho, Saponara, Birsa ,VanGinkel ,Pazzo ,Agazzi ,DeJong will/Could be gone so with some smart signings we'll be good.In reality only Armero Essien Pazzo DeJong VanGinkel are definites ,with Robinho probably loans for Birsa Nocerino Saponara possibly Matri.

Bonera & Abbiatti will be extended & I have this feeling Mexes will be too on a reduced Salary.Then if we redeem Bocchetti Destro (Which im sure we wont) we'll have the mercato budget for Summer and winter/summer 2016.

But I know come summer names like Khedira Schaar Konoplyanko Dzeko will still be brought up.Its happening already with Clasie Sanson 2 players that will not even come close to signing.
Ofcourse I say all this in a joking way but this mercato will be no different.We'll sign players just not good ones and not ones we need.Free players Loans & cheap players.Oh and the usual anyone the Genoa wants rid of and any player from a bottom half team that played 10 mins of good football this season.
(02-27-2015, 08:40 AM)Jay Crisp Wrote: But I know come summer names like Khedira Schaar Konoplyanko Dzeko will still be brought up.Its happening already with Clasie Sanson 2 players that will not even come close to signing.
Ofcourse I say all this in a joking way but this mercato will be no different.We'll sign players just not good ones and not ones we need.Free players Loans & cheap players.Oh and the usual anyone the Genoa wants rid of and any player from a bottom half team that played 10 mins of good football this season.

Agreed. We're looking at another miserable summer. What hurts the most isn't that we're not competing on the transfer market with clubs like Chelsea and Real Madrid, it's that we're not even competing with clubs like Juve and Roma. It's an utterly depressing situation.