Summer mercato 2015
Soon we won't even be able to compete with bottom teams in EPL on the market. G would have to dive deeper in the dumpster and come out with the worst garbage he could find Smile)
Rumours are doing the rounds again that De Sciglio is of interest to Real and now especially Barca. I know there are those on the forum who have been disappointed in him this year especially, but personally I'd do what's necessary to keep him and El Shaarawy (who's always linked with a move away).

I don't think the problems these guys are facing is their ability to perform or being overhyped (even if they are), but rather that the club needs to adjust how it supports the young talent that comes through. This also means working towards bringing in the right personalities to help young talents grow, from players of slightly lesser qualities, but who have the correct attitude to act as leaders in the dressing room and help other players, as well as a coaching staff who can stamp their authority in the dressing room and get the discipline required to succeed. Whether this be an old school disciplinarian or a more modern relaxed professional, it doesn't matter as long as they are able to get respect and discipline.

I believe if the club actively starts pursuing development of a young generation and really supports the young players coming through, then there's real hope for the future, but the reality feels like that the club aren't going to pursue this option and continue with signing mid-tier players who are currently at their peak, players of slightly better quality for free and nut jobs.
I read Galliani saying that if we didn't sign Bocchetti, Paletta and Antonelli, we should have used the Primavera players ... Saying this just shows they don't even want to try our young players.

These 3 guys are good, especially Antonelli on the left side, but it looks like we don't remember our own history. Maldini was sent in the first team at 16, and look at his career ... That doesn't mean all the young players who are used in first team will become Maldinis, but if we don't even give them a chance, we will never have any "Maldini" in our team ever.
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
(02-28-2015, 10:41 AM)Sheldon Wrote: Soon we won't even be able to compete with bottom teams in EPL on the market.

That happened a while back.Teams like Leicester who are bottom can easily outspend Milan and do.

Ive been down on SES for quite a while I mean he's been bad.But I would not sell him until we see him under A PROPER COACH , if we even get one.DES is good while not as grear as hes hyped he is talented and while get better , at a team like Madrid or even Juve he'd look a million times better.
(02-28-2015, 02:22 PM)GeoTav Wrote: I read Galliani saying that if we didn't sign Bocchetti, Paletta and Antonelli, we should have used the Primavera players ... Saying this just shows they don't even want to try our young players.

These 3 guys are good, especially Antonelli on the left side, but it looks like we don't remember our own history. Maldini was sent in the first team at 16, and look at his career ... That doesn't mean all the young players who are used in first team will become Maldinis, but if we don't even give them a chance, we will never have any "Maldini" in our team ever.

I think it comes down to patience, but also understanding, qualities that clearly Milan management lacks.

I've written a post about De Sciglio here:

http://www.milanmania.com/forum/showthre...4#pid78384

I would love to see what opinions all of you have about the idea.
This is just something I read recently that echoed my thoughts on Milan and just pro athletes in general. To those who followed hockey in the past 20 yrs or so, you probably heard of Igor Larionov, aka the professor, got that nickname bc of how smart he is on the ice and his vision of flow of play....
Anyway, he recently stated in an article that Ice hockey players have become just about speed and strength and teams tend to overlook skill, talent and more importantly the speed of the game inside the players head. Which is something that I agree with and remembered Baresi once said something like he is not the fastest on foot but sure is the fastest inside his head. What I am trying to say is that whether it is football, hockey, or basketball, teams tend to put more emphasises on the physical attributes of players instead of skill and for the lack of better terms: IQ.
Which brings me to the current football World, Chelsea, Bayern, And Real are pretty much the top three teams and they all have players with high IQ or managers who can translate their IQ to their teams.
Pls noted that to me football IQ does not mean having a tone of exp, or being smart and clever with and without the ball but rather it means understanding what to do in situations with and without the ball. And having high football IQ does not make someone a WC player. Pancaro and Ambro are someone who have high Football IQ where Pato, Rooney, and Bonera never seems to get it.

As for the current Milan, beside Rami, Lopez and Abbiatti, I don't think anyone have football IQ that is the standard of a winning side. While I do rate Pippo with high football IQ but he is still learning to teach his players his IQ.
http://www.football-italia.net/63371/int...perin-move

God I hope its not true...
Why not? We have Agazzi

Grinundwech
Cue Galliani smiling to the camera and talk about how Diego Lopez can play for us for another 10 years, 40 is the new 30!
(03-03-2015, 10:54 PM)Stitch Wrote: http://www.football-italia.net/63371/int...perin-move

God I hope its not true...

I dont think it matters for us as we're not going to even attempt to sign him.He isnt cheap or free or available on loan so hes not an option.