Summer mercato 2015
Lack of accountability has been a prevalent issue for this team for some time now, and Galliani is one of the main culprit of it. There is a saying "Yesterday's score don't win today's games". And that perfectly describes the problems with our team right now. Year after year, the management talks about history, and yet, ignoring the most glaring problems of the present. But of course, this is really nothing new and we should all be used to it by now.

I don't know what Galliani is thinking when he speaks to the microphones, besides the ever persistent need to kiss Berlu's ass any chance he gets. Galliani thinks fans are spoiled rotten children who need to be punished. But in reality, the fans are what's keeping your club alive, and therefore, you should cater what you do to the fans. Look at the sports leagues in America, NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA and MMA are all going out of their way to make the game or fight more exciting and fun for the fans. Team coaches, players and even management go on all sorts of distance to make the fans feel like they are involved with the team. The stadiums do all sorts of stuff to make the fans feel like they are part of the team and have a great time watching the game. And that's why teams in those leagues are supremely profitable.

Compare that to Milan. We play in a broken down stadium, fielding dog shit players who have bigger egos than games, and have the directors bad mouth the fans to kiss owner's ass any chance they get. The mentality of this team is so far in the last millennium that I am surprised they are not inviting the Beatles to the stadium as the main attraction these days. Galliani wants to talk about grateful? How about show some gratefulness to the fans who has supported this team over the years? How about be grateful for the fans who spent their hard earned cash to keep this club from losing 500M euros a year? You think Berlu spends a lot of money on Milan? How much did the fans spend on the team every year? And we don't even have two prime minister terms to show for it. If he wants to see the fans flock to the stadium again, then build a better team. Don't blame the fans for you flunking at your job.
You don't need to spend crazy money, you can start by just signing the best free agents this summer in order to build a very good team:

In: Luis Adriano, Ayew, Khedira, Konoplyanka, Loris Karius and Fabian Schar (all contracts expiring)

Let Zaccardo, Alex, Mexes, Bonera, Muntari, Essien, Pazzini, Destro, Abiatti walk

FW: Luis Adriano, El Shaarawy, Menez
AM/W: Ayew, Cerci, Konoplyanka, Honda, Bonaventura, Mastur
CM: Montolivo, Suso, Andrea Poli
DM: De Jong, Khedira
DF: Schar, Rami, Paletta, Zapata, De Sciglio, Abate, Albertazi, Antonelli
GK: Lopez, Karius, Agazzi
(04-14-2015, 01:01 AM)MAEV Wrote: You don't need to spend crazy money, you can start by just signing the best free agents this summer in order to build a very good team:

In: Luis Adriano, Ayew, Khedira, Konoplyanka, Loris Karius and Fabian Schar (all contracts expiring)

Let Zaccardo, Alex, Mexes, Bonera, Muntari, Essien, Pazzini, Destro, Abiatti walk

You can write that down easily , but there are other factors in that list.
Luiz Adriano is currently negotiating with Shaktar and his contract is up on the 1 Jan 2016.
Khedira has many suiters and wants a MASSIVE wage of 8m , he also wants UCL football and Bundesliga or EPL are his prefered destinations.
Knoplyanka looks set to join Tottenham or Liverpool.
Karius and Schar are possible but our MGT are not even looking at them.
Ayew , well wouldn't ad much IMO.

We need quality , real quality and I don't see it happening.The talk now of Pippo being kept on and very little investment for a year of transition nxt year has me prepared for a year zero.Despite the takeover talk , I see not much if anything changing this summer including ownership.
I get the impression Galliani now more than ever has his head stuck up Silvio's ass when he talks to the media and I wonder if it's related to the takeover talk.

Fu Yixiang, who's effectively been talking about the Chinese bid to the press of late, mentioned that they intend to keep an Italian management with Silvio as honorary president.

It could be that Silvio could hold some power, or at least have a hand in picking the group who leads the club as part of the sale and Galliani is trying to save his own ass as a result.
Galliani shouldn't be kicked out right away if we get new ownership, he can do good things if he has the money to spend. He is not a person who has been accustomed to being frugal, the Milan he is used to is the one where he had money to blow. Clearly, he's had a pretty easy job up until the last few years, he's got good negotiation skills and he had money to spend , but now that we get a glimpse of what he can do when our finances are messed up, and balancing our transfer/wage budgets... he has been awful.
Galliani has always had plenty of money even up until now.He's literally wasted the guts of a billion in the last decade.
Take this year , a year where a lot say Galliani has very little money...well he had enough to double Muntaris wage he had enough to pay over €50m in wages to Agazzi Zaccardo Armero Muntari Essien Matri Seedorf Mexes Torres Noce Birsa Pazzo.Now bar Mexes what part did the rest of those play ? None thats what.Galliani with Money is pointless , give €100m to spend he'll lose €150m ontop of it.
He should be nowhere near money.He could be useful soley in negotiations.Not picking not renewing players not giving players contracts.

I mean even with Selling Balo cutting Kakas wage Robinhos wage loweing all salaries by 20% (Except muntari he got a 100% pay rise ) the club still lost nearly €100m this year.Ive said it before Ill say again Milan werent out of money Milan ARE out of ideas.
While I won't deny that Galliani has shown to have some qualities that contributed to the success in the past, I don't really get this idea of he should be given a chance to work with a big budget.

It's not like he's not had any money since Silvio's money stopped pouring in (even then, there were still Silvio's "gifts"), but he's pissed away the budget with terrible decisions. I've said before, even at his peak, I have my doubts about how effective Galliani was and by no means do I believe he's been the key component to success he's been made out to be, but nowerdays I have literally no faith that he can do anything right for the club.

Plus, rather than seeing someone with no clue when without a budget, wouldn't it be interesting to see someone who has proven their ability to work with restricted means and see how they might build when given more to work with?
Galliani's only effective tool in running a team has been his relationships. He is an expert at building and maintaining friendships around the world, which is not a bad thing. But the guy's ideas and mentality are firmly entrenched in the last century. He still thinks these are the good old days where big teams are big teams and small teams don't even want to be big teams. In a world full of creativity, fresh ideas and thinking outside the lines, he is a relic of the good old times. Using a bad analogy here, but he and Berlusconi are like the queen of England. They can be there for symbolic purposes, but they need to let the Prime Minister run the actual country.

A manager who delivers a squad this poor in quality (but has this many useless players on the payroll) does not deserve more money. He needs to be replaced with someone who has better financial sense and understands value. Looking at teams like Juve, with their pay structure, and then look at ours. We look like we are still a team from the 90s with the way we pay for past performance instead of future potential. And that is all Galliani.
Can't believe someone would still give Gallaini a chance. As the CEO of Milan, not only had he done a bad job in giving out contracts, over paying for players and lack of development/plan, he also had done nothing is promoting Milan as a brand and take Milan to the next stage. 10 yrs ago, Milan was on top of the football world, the most popular club, Milan was ahead of Real, ManU, Bayern and even Barca. now look at Milan, they are not even in the top 10 brand, and look at he stuff that Real, Barca, and others had done.

Gallaini had no clue as to how to increase revenue and develop Milan into a brand.
(04-14-2015, 01:01 AM)MAEV Wrote: You don't need to spend crazy money, you can start by just signing the best free agents this summer in order to build a very good team:

I don't think this is Fifa or FM. Why would the above mentioned players want to join this Milan? Mid-table team + incompetent managers & coaches with no future, no plan, no direction

(04-16-2015, 03:33 PM)WCmilan Wrote: Galliani shouldn't be kicked out right away if we get new ownership, he can do good things if he has the money to spend. He is not a person who has been accustomed to being frugal, the Milan he is used to is the one where he had money to blow. Clearly, he's had a pretty easy job up until the last few years, he's got good negotiation skills and he had money to spend , but now that we get a glimpse of what he can do when our finances are messed up, and balancing our transfer/wage budgets... he has been awful.

Facepalm

(04-13-2015, 08:35 PM)slifersd Wrote: Lack of accountability has been a prevalent issue for this team for some time now, and Galliani is one of the main culprit of it. There is a saying "Yesterday's score don't win today's games". And that perfectly describes the problems with our team right now. Year after year, the management talks about history, and yet, ignoring the most glaring problems of the present. But of course, this is really nothing new and we should all be used to it by now.

I don't know what Galliani is thinking when he speaks to the microphones, besides the ever persistent need to kiss Berlu's ass any chance he gets. Galliani thinks fans are spoiled rotten children who need to be punished. But in reality, the fans are what's keeping your club alive, and therefore, you should cater what you do to the fans. Look at the sports leagues in America, NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA and MMA are all going out of their way to make the game or fight more exciting and fun for the fans. Team coaches, players and even management go on all sorts of distance to make the fans feel like they are involved with the team. The stadiums do all sorts of stuff to make the fans feel like they are part of the team and have a great time watching the game. And that's why teams in those leagues are supremely profitable.

Compare that to Milan. We play in a broken down stadium, fielding dog shit players who have bigger egos than games, and have the directors bad mouth the fans to kiss owner's ass any chance they get. The mentality of this team is so far in the last millennium that I am surprised they are not inviting the Beatles to the stadium as the main attraction these days. Galliani wants to talk about grateful? How about show some gratefulness to the fans who has supported this team over the years? How about be grateful for the fans who spent their hard earned cash to keep this club from losing 500M euros a year? You think Berlu spends a lot of money on Milan? How much did the fans spend on the team every year? And we don't even have two prime minister terms to show for it. If he wants to see the fans flock to the stadium again, then build a better team. Don't blame the fans for you flunking at your job.

(04-17-2015, 07:51 AM)Jay Crisp Wrote: Galliani has always had plenty of money even up until now.He's literally wasted the guts of a billion in the last decade.
Take this year , a year where a lot say Galliani has very little money...well he had enough to double Muntaris wage he had enough to pay over €50m in wages to Agazzi Zaccardo Armero Muntari Essien Matri Seedorf Mexes Torres Noce Birsa Pazzo.Now bar Mexes what part did the rest of those play ? None thats what.Galliani with Money is pointless , give €100m to spend he'll lose €150m ontop of it.
He should be nowhere near money.He could be useful soley in negotiations.Not picking not renewing players not giving players contracts.

I mean even with Selling Balo cutting Kakas wage Robinhos wage loweing all salaries by 20% (Except muntari he got a 100% pay rise ) the club still lost nearly €100m this year.Ive said it before Ill say again Milan werent out of money Milan ARE out of ideas.

(04-17-2015, 09:21 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: While I won't deny that Galliani has shown to have some qualities that contributed to the success in the past, I don't really get this idea of he should be given a chance to work with a big budget.

It's not like he's not had any money since Silvio's money stopped pouring in (even then, there were still Silvio's "gifts"), but he's pissed away the budget with terrible decisions. I've said before, even at his peak, I have my doubts about how effective Galliani was and by no means do I believe he's been the key component to success he's been made out to be, but nowerdays I have literally no faith that he can do anything right for the club.

Plus, rather than seeing someone with no clue when without a budget, wouldn't it be interesting to see someone who has proven their ability to work with restricted means and see how they might build when given more to work with?

(04-17-2015, 05:54 PM)slifersd Wrote: Galliani's only effective tool in running a team has been his relationships. He is an expert at building and maintaining friendships around the world, which is not a bad thing. But the guy's ideas and mentality are firmly entrenched in the last century. He still thinks these are the good old days where big teams are big teams and small teams don't even want to be big teams. In a world full of creativity, fresh ideas and thinking outside the lines, he is a relic of the good old times. Using a bad analogy here, but he and Berlusconi are like the queen of England. They can be there for symbolic purposes, but they need to let the Prime Minister run the actual country.

A manager who delivers a squad this poor in quality (but has this many useless players on the payroll) does not deserve more money. He needs to be replaced with someone who has better financial sense and understands value. Looking at teams like Juve, with their pay structure, and then look at ours. We look like we are still a team from the 90s with the way we pay for past performance instead of future potential. And that is all Galliani.

(04-17-2015, 11:53 PM)Gabriel426 Wrote: Can't believe someone would still give Gallaini a chance. As the CEO of Milan, not only had he done a bad job in giving out contracts, over paying for players and lack of development/plan, he also had done nothing is promoting Milan as a brand and take Milan to the next stage. 10 yrs ago, Milan was on top of the football world, the most popular club, Milan was ahead of Real, ManU, Bayern and even Barca. now look at Milan, they are not even in the top 10 brand, and look at he stuff that Real, Barca, and others had done.

Gallaini had no clue as to how to increase revenue and develop Milan into a brand.

Great posts slifersd, Jay, ACMILAN1983 & Gabriel Okmilan Galliani should be shown the door first in order for anything positive happens in Milanello