Summer mercato 2015
Possible targets or not:

Mascherano? No thanks.
Götze? Yes please.

Anyway, Götze must have been scared away from Milan after seeing how we played yesterday.
(08-05-2015, 04:48 PM)ilgrandemilan Wrote:
(08-05-2015, 02:30 PM)Jay Crisp Wrote: Do you think its thats easy ?
Mascherano is on huge wages & will cost quite a lot as he has 3 seasons left on his Barca contract.Such a big payout for 31 yr old isnt great business..If we moved for him & he cost around 10m with a 3/4m wage then id be all over it.But he'll cost north of 20m & want his wage matched.He has 3 years left to earn the 6m after tax.

Gotze would bo more join Milan than I'll score a gat trick in the Derby.

We have money but lets be realistic when mentioning players if possible

Of course won't be easy..but not impossible...
Great Business..? Honestly at this moment, do you prefer spending 20M or 30M for Bertolacci and Romagnoli..?rather than 20M + 40M Mascherano, Gotze..?

it is realistic IMO..Just break the Salary caps (above 4M..) for players like them providing they're not injury prone or not finished player (Torres,essien type)..
I rather pay 6M salary for Mascherano than 1.5M each for 4x Nocerino/Poli type players...
During Ancelotti era we paid seedorf pirlo gattuso 6-8M salary..nobody complained because they deserved it and they showed it on the pitch..

Of course Milan is Not as attractive as before..that's why Milan need to overpay for transfer and salary..providing the overpay is for quality player (Mascherano Gotze).. 
Regardless of what Milan is Now (Not in CL,Sinking ship bla bla)..We are Still Milan..club with Rich History of Winning Trophy..so i'm sure some quality player still want to join Milan

We are AC Milan blah blah players dont give a damn about our history , right now Milan are mid table and IMO Mascherano or Gotze are not options , I think they;d turn Milan without needing to think too hard about it.
Also we haven't paid 30m for Romagnoli , and you're presuming that Mascherano would cost 20m and Gotze 40m .We dont know what theyd cost could be more or could even be less.But what I do know is neither will be playing at Milan next season.
Mascherano would be a great signing at 15M, but no way Barca sells him at that price. He is a starter for them in CB or at least is a major piece of their rotation and provides leadership to the entire team. Furthermore, since they are on a transfer ban until January, they would not be able to sign a replacement. Just doesn't make any sense for them to sell even for a high fee, nevertheless 15M.

Gotze would be amazing, but Bayern probably wouldn't sell him even for a big time fee either. Gotze's biggest problem has been getting on the same page with Guardiola. With Guardiola's contract ending at the end of this season and doesn't seem like he is eager to renew it, Bayern will probably want to hedge their bet and keep Gotze around one more season to hopefully see him either do well under Guardiola or become a main fixture if he leaves.
(08-05-2015, 06:08 PM)Jay Crisp Wrote:
(08-05-2015, 04:48 PM)ilgrandemilan Wrote: Of course Milan is Not as attractive as before..that's why Milan need to overpay for transfer and salary..providing the overpay is for quality player (Mascherano Gotze).. 
Regardless of what Milan is Now (Not in CL,Sinking ship bla bla)..We are Still Milan..club with Rich History of Winning Trophy..so i'm sure some quality player still want to join Milan

We are AC Milan blah blah players dont give a damn about our history , right now Milan are mid table and IMO Mascherano or Gotze are not options , I think they;d turn Milan without needing to think too hard about it.
You sure about that..??
No history + Overpaid Transfer + Overpaid Salary + NO CL + No EL = Chelsea,Man City,PSG at the beginning of Abramovich, Sheiks take over..If all quality player don't give a damn about it (especially Overpaid Salary)..then they won't and will Never become the club as today 

players don't give a damn about our history..  Huh
Carpi/Frosinone + Overpaid Transfer + Overpaid Salary + NO CL + No EL
Milan + Overpaid Transfer + Overpaid Salary + NO CL + No EL
lets say both club offered equal amount of Overpaid Transfer + Overpaid Salary..if players MUST choose one club..which club do you think they will join..

History & $$$ matters..

Anyway,that's just my opinion..
(08-05-2015, 08:01 PM)ilgrandemilan Wrote:
(08-05-2015, 06:08 PM)Jay Crisp Wrote: We are AC Milan blah blah players dont give a damn about our history , right now Milan are mid table and IMO Mascherano or Gotze are not options , I think they;d turn Milan without needing to think too hard about it.
You sure about that..??
No history + Overpaid Transfer + Overpaid Salary + NO CL + No EL = Chelsea,Man City,PSG at the beginning of Abramovich, Sheiks take over..If all quality player don't give a damn about it (especially Overpaid Salary)..then they won't and will Never become the club as today 

players don't give a damn about our history..  Huh
Carpi/Frosinone + Overpaid Transfer + Overpaid Salary + NO CL + No EL
Milan + Overpaid Transfer + Overpaid Salary + NO CL + No EL
lets say both club offered equal amount of Overpaid Transfer + Overpaid Salary..if players MUST choose one club..which club do you think they will join..

History & $$$ matters..

Anyway,that's just my opinion..

For the bold part Im certain of it.

2nd part 
Em well comparing us to Carpi is a silly way to get your point across , im not comparing us to Carpi.I am however saying thatif Milan offered say 35m for Gotze and offered him 5m wages and Juve offered the exact same h';d go to Juve and our history wouldnt matter a damn.Im saying players would turn Milan down when when the chance to Milan or Juve Bayern Chelsea PSG Real Barca City Utd etc... then our history matters not a bit.
Actually, I think Mascherano would be an amazing addition to this team, if he's in addition to Romagnoli. For a few reasons:

1)He's a good ball playing defender, having been a midfielder for the entire start of his career. We have not had a decent ball playing defender since Thiago Silva so..
2) Given my first reason, if we're only adding one more midfielder to our squad this summer, I don't see our midfield being stellar next season. It'll be okay, but not necessarily anything special. Hence, Mascherano can help the midfield with his passing range from the back, while also actually playing in the midfield if we really need him to.
3) I want a world class and experience CB to pair with Romagnoli. While I do think Romagnoli is a very good defender, I dont think he's 100% ready at his age, so it's natural that we should expect some mistakes and positional errors etc. Hence, it'll be nice to have a player like Mascherano mentoring him and cleaning up if need be. I really cannot see a partnership of Romagnoli and zap/mex/alex working out I'm sorry.

As for Gotze, I don't think he'll go to a club without CL tbh. I'll give my insight on this whole history/money debate. While I do think most players would love to play for Milan, as long as we could compete with other offered salaries, I do agree with Jay. The only thing history suggests about a club is their prestige and their standards of performance. The fact that we have 7 CL's and all our history is both an honour for a player to play for us, but more importantly because that player knows he has a chance at making that same history. Unfortunately, given the fact that we haven't qualified for CL in a while and are not following our standards, I 100% agree with Jay that any player would choose Chelsea,ManU,PSG,Real,Barca.

At this point, the players we can hope on getting are younger players with potential because they can allow their careers the time to develop with the club, hoping that they'll be at a physical/personal level to compete, along with Milan themselves. Or, unfortunately, players that are a risk like Witsel, who you'll still need to overpay for. He's shown more than glimpses of world class potential, and albeit put in numerous world class performances (even internationally) but he hasn't done so consistently, and plays in Russia where not to offend anyone, isn't a very competitive league compared to those you'll be going up against in CL. Otherwise, we'll have to sign older players who will definitely be great for us and contribute, but are guaranteed to be a financial liability in a short period of time (Ibra/Mascherano); they'll come on high wages and be put on 3-5 year contracts that put them well into their 30's. Well, we gotta do what we gotta do I guess.
Di Maria to PSG is done, they paid 60 million euro too
How much money do those guys have.. Seriously.
Siamo a posto cosi.
(08-05-2015, 04:26 PM)xudong Wrote: yeah, I remember there were a lot of abnormality and controversies surrounding that 2-in-1 transfer that summer, but can't remember many details about it now.

I brought it up simply because with hindsight, those two players would have brought any team up at least one level, but in 2006, we got Oliveira to replace Shevchenko.

Tevez and/or Masche were owned by a third party in Argentina/Brazil and that was illegal to transfer a player when owned by a third party.  Very strange and I didn't understand the details myself.  Anyways, why the hell would those two go to West Ham?  They were there briefly and bounced.  They couldn't have gone to bigger clubs straight away?  Anyways, both ended up being excellent players....Anyways I remember when it happened..

I was hoping Montolivo can be the CM he was for Fiorentina.. and we could have other midfielders of top quality around him...Maybe he will never be the same after that leg break.. and as for who else to get I don't know.. I don't judge Summer games too much.. on paper it seems Honda should be good enough for AM.. but I don't know...

If we really wanted to challenge the top, and insure Top 3... then yes.. someone like Gotze, Witsel, Mascherano, Romagnoli, Ibrahimovic would have to come... all at once.
(08-05-2015, 08:51 PM)Jay Crisp Wrote: I am however saying thatif  Milan offered say 35m for Gotze and offered him 5m wages and Juve offered the exact same h';d go to Juve and our history wouldnt matter a damn.Im saying players would turn Milan down when when the chance to Milan or Juve Bayern Chelsea PSG Real Barca City Utd etc... then our history matters not a bit.
Yes..101% Agree with this.. Okmilan

However, let say Milan offered 8M salary (i'm talking about Overpaying Salary to attract Quality players here)..Gotze might eventually choose Juve but at least in some point he gave some thought about 3M in Salary Difference.
And if he decide to join Milan..i'm sure in the press conference he will say he join Milan because he believes in the Project, Miha called him personally, Milan is 7x CL winners bla bla