Summer mercato 2015
(08-27-2015, 08:36 PM)devoted_dm Wrote: True, but I wonder how much better it would have been to sign Soriano for an additional 10-12M though. Would it really have been worth it? Sampdoria did change their terms, after all. They let the 10M release clause that Soriano had expire, and then they suddenly jacked up his price by some 50%, and I think Galliani considered the whole thing to be some bullshit move on their part to try and squeeze as much money out of us as possible. In that respect I think we did the right thing by saying that we'd either pay 10M or not buy the player.

I don't care about the money really, I don't have to. If there were only two choices and they were Kucka or Soriano, I would choose the better player. If that is Soriano and even if he cost more, for me it would be worth it. We need the best player we can get. We have signed enough players just because they were the cheaper option. That said, I'm not too convinced by Soriano either so it's not that I'm mad about this. I'm still hoping for someone better than both of them, someone who can contribute to take us to the next level.

Also, we need a central defender in my opinion... And even a left back... Well, I guess I'm dreaming again.
(08-27-2015, 08:28 PM)Arildonardo Wrote: That depends on how the question was asked:

"Do you want Kucka or nobody?"
I guess the answer would be Kucka...

"Do you want Kucka or Witsel/Soriano/Gundogan/Moutinho/Cristante/anyone else?"
I guess the answer would not be Kucka...

Devilol

More likely, Galliani probably asked "Would signing Kucka make you go bald, lose all your sex drive, run around the streets of Milan naked and attempt suicide?"  When Miha replied no. He went "Well, then that's good enough for me!" lol!
Lost in the shuffle of all of this is a few piece of good news:

Matri on his way to West Ham. No purchase option, but whatever, as long as his ass doesn't sit in San Siro this season;
Mexes (!) on his way to Fiorentina! Holy crap, did not see this one coming! Man, Fio now has Astori and Mexes, we just might have a shot at beating them during second leg afterall, lol!
Agazzi went to Middlesborough. I am not sure, but I don't think he suited up for us a single time in actual games (no friendlies), did he? Definitely contender for the most useless signing ever.

Kucka sucks, but at least we got rid of some deadwood, so I guess that's at least a small win.
Well, we're now selling Mexes to Fiorentina, though it depends on them selling Basanta first. But both Milan and Mexes himself have accepted Fiorentina's offer. Suso is being loaned to Genoa. And Matri is being sold to West Ham.
But we are still unable to get rid of Zaccardo, who seems happy to just sit out his contract with Milan, even if it means not being in the squad. I have no respect for players who prefer this to actually playing football somewhere else.
(08-27-2015, 09:56 PM)devoted_dm Wrote: Well, we're now selling Mexes to Fiorentina, though it depends on them selling Basanta first. But both Milan and Mexes himself have accepted Fiorentina's offer. Suso is being loaned to Genoa. And Matri is being sold to West Ham.

So why did we renew his contract? I am sure he didn't do it so that the club could make money off his sale. Another example of the incompetence of this management. 

Also just saw this on Twitter- Never occurred to me how much worse this deal actually is for us. 

[Image: CNcZ7kmUAAABUsC.png]
(08-27-2015, 10:02 PM)somedevil Wrote: So why did we renew his contract? I am sure he didn't do it so that the club could make money off his sale. Another example of the incompetence of this management.

What's wrong with that? We gave him a new contract, which means that we can now sell him for a few million euros rather than watch him join a different club for free. I don't think it was deliberate, but if it had been, I would have said it was a good move by Milan.
As for Matri, he's been one of our biggest transfer disasters in the last 5 years. I blame Allegri for that one though, because he is the one who insisted on buying him.
Suso stays at Milan after Genoa signed Iturbe on loan.
Hahaha, the Mexes transfer has been called off. He is staying at Milan. Jesus Christ.