Week 24: Milan - Cesena (Sunday, February 22 - 15:00 CET)
Dev,

It makes sense that Pazzini pushed hard for 30 minutes and it's harder to do that for an entire game. But it's no excuse for Destro, as he didn't bring such intensity or involvement for even 10 minutes. It's not like he was great for 30 and then dropped off. He had 11 touches in 65 minutes. Now that's not all his fault. Obviously I hate our midfield and I've always made that clear so I think the true problem is there and not in Destro or any other striker. But Pazzini had the same midfield behind him and got more involved.

I agree that Destro might be better technically, but I'm not sure I agree that he makes more intelligent runs.

In any case, the true point I was trying to make is that I am not convinced that we should spend 16mil on Destro in the summer. Pazzini in my opinion is just as good. Just put a proper midfield behind and he'll score plenty of goals. Obviously upgrades in the squad and improvements are always welcomed. So if there's enough money there than sure, get Destro too. But I wouldn't sacrifice a midfielder for Destro. He wouldn't change too much in our gameplay without a proper midfield just like how Pazzini wouldn't either.

I understand these are all opinions and I can see how some people may think that Destro is a better striker. He very well might be as I'm not saying my opinion is right.....but the difference (if there's any) is so minimal that it wouldn't change our fortunes.

In other words..... Pizzini + midfield improvement is much better then Destro + no midfield improvement. I don't think we have money for both. So I would definitely choose the first option.
Pazzini instantly looked more dangerous than Destro. He's a good player but I think Pazzini is still better, Destro's attitude on the pitch already sucks from what I see, he tracks back so lazily. If he continues like this, I wouldn't mind sending him back to Roma.
(02-23-2015, 02:39 PM)nefremo Wrote: Dev,

It makes sense that Pazzini pushed hard for 30 minutes and it's harder to do that for an entire game. But it's no excuse for Destro, as he didn't bring such intensity or involvement for even 10 minutes. It's not like he was great for 30 and then dropped off. He had 11 touches in 65 minutes. Now that's not all his fault. Obviously I hate our midfield and I've always made that clear so I think the true problem is there and not in Destro or any other striker. But Pazzini had the same midfield behind him and got more involved.

I agree that Destro might be better technically, but I'm not sure I agree that he makes more intelligent runs.

In any case, the true point I was trying to make is that I am not convinced that we should spend 16mil on Destro in the summer. Pazzini in my opinion is just as good. Just put a proper midfield behind and he'll score plenty of goals. Obviously upgrades in the squad and improvements are always welcomed. So if there's enough money there than sure, get Destro too. But I wouldn't sacrifice a midfielder for Destro. He wouldn't change too much in our gameplay without a proper midfield just like how Pazzini wouldn't either.

I understand these are all opinions and I can see how some people may think that Destro is a better striker. He very well might be as I'm not saying my opinion is right.....but the difference (if there's any) is so minimal that it wouldn't change our fortunes.

In other words..... Pizzini + midfield improvement is much better then Destro + no midfield improvement. I don't think we have money for both. So I would definitely choose the first option.

I don't think I disagree. Destro didn't have a good game and I certainly agree with you and WCMilan that Pazzini was much better than Destro. I also think it's difficult to criticise Destro too much when he's only just joined and has no supply. I wouldn't blame Inzaghi if Pazzini got the nod next game, but I will be patient with Destro, partly because his signing should never have been about saving the season, it should be about long term planning.

Pazzini being fed with a better midfield is better than Destro being fed by the current midfield, no disagreement there. My problem comes with the fact that in that situation, if Pazzini was to get injured then who takes his place? It's stupid, but with 30 players the club still only has 2 real strikers. It comes down to the point I've made a million times, that this is a terribly built squad. I think a guy like Destro was needed, if only to give alternative options. That wasn't to mean at the expense of the need of new midfielders, something I said before the winter market should be a priority. Everyone knows and understands this is a major problem and everyone acknowledges it, whether it be fans discussing it or it being in the media. Problem is the pigeon doesn't seem to understand.
Did anyone read the story about how Cerci got in an argument with Pippo after this match? Apparently he was furious that he didn't get more time on the pitch and said "the next time you put someone on for four minutes, make sure it's not me". Pippo got angry and said that with an attitude like that he shouldn't bother showing up for training anymore.

If this story is true, then I think we should (if possible) cancel Cerci's loan in the summer, because that is unbelievably unprofessional of him. We can't have players in the squad who think they're more important than the team, regardless of where we are in the standings right now. It would explain why Atletico decided to get rid of him after just six months too. There are few players who are good enough to succeed at a big club in spite of an attitude like that, and Cerci is not one of them. He'd better soon adapt to his new reality and realize that a being star player at Torino doesn't mean you'll be a star at AC Milan too (or Atletico Madrid, for that matter)...
Agree, I saw it and if true Cerci's loan should be cancelled. His girlfriends reaction on Twitter wasn't impressive to begin with, while this story just shows Cerci is completely not the player needed if this is his behaviour.

It's worth noting Cerci's always been a somewhat bizarre and temperamental character, but I didn't really expect this.