Week 25: Chievo - Milan (Saturday, February 28 - 20:45 CET)
Here we have another game to potentially help us get our confidence back. This time we take on Chievo who in 5th from the bottom on 24 points. I am actually surprised to see them this low because the times that I remember seeing them play, I think they were fairly impressive. That being said, with us being only 3 points behind 6th place, we need to keep winning to have a chance of getting into Europe. The problem is that there are another 5 teams vying for that spot as well...

News, lineups, etc to follow.

Discuss!
Siamo a posto cosi.
Quote:The AIC (Players’ Association) announced they will start Serie A games 15 minutes late in solidarity with Parma.

The statement was released this evening, warning all matches will begin 15 minutes late this weekend.
so, a 3pm game on a saturday afternoon? i can live with that.
Quote:MILANELLO - Sono 23 i convocati scelti da mister Inzaghi per la gara di domani sera al Bentegodi contro il Chievo.

PORTIERI: Abbiati, Diego Lopez, Gori (66)

DIFENSORI: Antonelli, Alex, Bocchetti, Bonera, Calabria, Mexes, Paletta

CENTROCAMPISTI: Essien, De Jong, Montolivo, Muntari, Poli, Suso, Van Ginkel

ATTACCANTI: Bonaventura, Cerci, Destro, Honda, Menez, Pazzini

acmilan.com/it
Siamo a posto cosi.
It's too much to ask that Mexes doesn't play, isn't it?
(02-27-2015, 03:33 PM)reza Wrote: It's too much to ask that Mexes doesn't play, isn't it?

Probably, unfortunately.

With no Rami or Zapata hes almost nailed on to start. Whether hes finishes is another story.
I'd go with this lineup personally:

------------------Abbiati--------------------
Bonera--------Alex-------Bochetti--------Antonelli
---------------------De Jong----------------------
--------Poli-----------------------Montolivo-------
--------------------Bonaventura------------------
--------------Destro-----------Menez-------------

I think Diego Lopez has been rather mixed lately in his performances, while Abbiati did well last match, so I'd put him in again. The defence for me was ok last week, so don't see the need for any big changes. Rami is injured while Alex returns, so it seems a similar swap (I know Paletta's available, but little news on his fitness right now).

I'd keep the same midfield diamond and hope for consistency. In attack, I know that a couple of people wanted Pazzini to be given his chance following a good performance last time, but I'd like to show patience with Destro for the moment.

Finally, I had thought about Cerci instead of Menez, but if rumours are true (and I don't really buy Inzaghi's denial), then Cerci for me has no place.
I agree Dev and I like your line up. Consistency in the line up has to be found. I was one of the people that wanted Pazzini to start, but I see your point and wouldn't be disapointed with Destro in there. Patience is needed with everyone.

The only disagreement we have is over Alex. I think he has been terrible. If Paletta is available I would definitely play him. I know this sounds crazy after what Mexes did, but I would even play him ahead of Alex. Mexes has actually been good this season compared to the others. It's his crazy moments (like choking players) that throw me off.
1-5 Bona x 2, Destro x 2, Menez pen please
Sheldon, got to say I admire your optimism. I'm just happy with a positive result and some consistency.

(02-27-2015, 07:41 PM)nefremo Wrote: I agree Dev and I like your line up. Consistency in the line up has to be found. I was one of the people that wanted Pazzini to start, but I see your point and wouldn't be disapointed with Destro in there. Patience is needed with everyone.

The only disagreement we have is over Alex. I think he has been terrible. If Paletta is available I would definitely play him. I know this sounds crazy after what Mexes did, but I would even play him ahead of Alex. Mexes has actually been good this season compared to the others. It's his crazy moments (like choking players) that throw me off.

If Paletta's fine and fit, then I'd play him and Bochetti personally, but that's a big if I would assume, hence I said Alex. I agree Alex has been horrible, but with someone solid alongside him (Bochetti's not been bad so far) and a midfield that doesn't leave him unprotected (like the one last week), he should be ok.

On Mexes, I don't think he's been good this season, showing ill discipline both tactically and in temperament (and I don't just mean vs Lazio). He's had some better games than others, but on principle I would leave him out. I'm sick of guys like him and Muntari representing this club and frankly unless there's no other choice, they'd never set foot on the field. Even then, I'd consider Primavera options, like De Santis and Mastalli.