Guess the player
(04-06-2015, 07:00 PM)Mystik Wrote: I'm near certain that Dev wrote some algorithm to crossreference the picture with databases somewhere Icon_lol2. Maybe I'm just young but some of the pictures are of people I've never even heard of, let alone seen!

Actually I should be familiar with those late 80s and 90s players, but I just don't seemto have a clue how to play this kind of guessing game! :d
(04-06-2015, 07:00 PM)Mystik Wrote: I'm near certain that Dev wrote some algorithm to crossreference the picture with databases somewhere Icon_lol2. Maybe I'm just young but some of the pictures are of people I've never even heard of, let alone seen

Lol I'm really not that clever, but I appreciate you think me smart enough to do so. Actually it's really just logical thinking and some educated guesses. For example, on Ekdal my thought process was:

1) Reza's clue was it was a current player. I didn't think Reza would make it near impossible and use a particularly old picture, so I made the assumption the picture was from this season.

2) I thought of teams who had pretty much a plain red shirt this season and Roma, Sampdoria (away kit) and Genoa (away kit) came to mind. I ruled out Roma as the tone of red was too bright, so it was down to Samp or Genoa.

3) The player appeared to have long, straight and relatively light brown hair and needless to say was white. I took a bit of a gamble here as the hair could have been shorter and the blur just made the crowd look slightly like the hair, making it seem long, but I went with instinct.

4) I thought of players in Samp who could match the profile from point 3, but couldn't think of one. Ekdal of Genoa came to mind pretty quickly, partly because he's a key part of that team.

As promised a few pages back I said I'd slow down at 10 and will do so now.

Who was it that you'd never heard of or seen? Also no guesses on the new pic?
Gary Lineker once said that "Football is a simple game. Twenty-two men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans always win."

In this thread, we can probably say that "Guessing the player is a simple game. Many people stare at some blurry photos for a long time and throw out random names and at the end, Dev always wins."

Grinundwech