Week 29: Palermo - A.C. Milan (Saturday, April 4 - 15:00 CET)
I know we're all itching to get back to Serie A so I've opened this thread extra early Big Grin Palermo is only 3 points behind us and have a dangerous attack with Vazquez and Dybala. Dybala has 12 goals on the season and is coveted around Europe if rumours are to be believed. We're pretty much guaranteed to concede a goal here so let's hope Menez feels like showing up else we may drop some points here..

News and called up players to follow later this week. I heard De Sciglio is back training..?
Siamo a posto cosi.
We lost to Palermo at San Siro earlier this season, I think? Let's call off this season and just play some youngsters. Sad
I am very sceptical again. Hopefully this break was used well to prepare for this game, and then we can fight for a point.

I am afraid if we lose this one, that's it, Inzaghi will be gone and we will finish something like 10-12. The squad would not be able to recover.
I dont think Pippo will be fired at all not until the season is over at least.A loss here Palermo are good at home.2-0 maybe 2-1
Quote:Sono 22 i convocati di mister Filippo Inzaghi per Palermo-Milan, gara valida per la 29esima giornata di Serie A:

PORTIERI: Abbiati, Diego Lopez, Gori.

DIFENSORI: Abate, Albertazzi, Antonelli, Alex, Bocchetti, Bonera, De Sciglio, Mexes, Paletta.

CENTROCAMPISTI: Bonaventura, De Jong, Mastalli (36), Poli, Suso, Van Ginkel.

ATTACCANTI: Cerci, Destro, Menez, Pazzini.

Quote:In spite of their mid-table comfort, Palermo’s recent poor form and Milan’s alarming run away from home has left both Coaches fighting for their futures.

Whilst Rosanero fans might not be faulted for beginning to turn their attention to the summer battle to hold onto prized assets, Paulo Dybala and Franco Vazquez, tactician, Giuseppe Iachini, can ill-afford to do so.

Though, come season’s end, it is probable that he will be able to reflect on a satisfactory return to Serie A, the Sicilian side’s recent run of no win in five and no goals in four means that the fingers of notriously trigger-happy Palermo owner, Maurizio Zamparini, may already be twitching.

Iachini, not known for his prowess at Serie A level will be seeking to capitalise on the Diavolo’s miserable away showings and emulate the 6th placed finish achieved the last time Palermo were promoted, a decade ago.

Form has been inconsitent throughout the season, having gone on a nine-game unbeaten streak and having suffered a six game winless run already. Iachini will look to focus his charges as they head into the final 10-game stretch of the campaign.

At Milan, pressure has been mounting all season to improve on last season’s output, but results have largely been replicated. This weekend’s match at Stadio Renzo Barbera would appear to be a great opportunity for Pippo Inzaghi to halt a winless record away from home of nine matches that stretches back to October, and to rescue a job that has a growing list of applicants.

This would also be a chance to avenge their worst home defeat of the season. Whilst the Rossoneri may have a host of injuries, a counter-attacking performance based on the pace up front offered by Mattia Destro and Jeremy Menez could provide a winning formula for a side sometimes found wanting in ideas.

Palermo have creators in abundance in Vazquez, Dybala and Edgar Barreto, but both sides are lacking in confidence, and though victory for one side could well provide a springboard for future successes, defeat for the other may well spell the end for their Coach.

Keep an eye on: Franco Vazquez (Palermo) – Whilst Palermo have drawn blanks in their last four matches the Oriundo has been a trusted production line of chances and remains top assist provider in the league.

Form guide: Palermo (L D D L L) Milan (W L D L W)

Last season: Not played

Stat fact: Should Palermo win this fixture they would go level on points with Milan. Palermo have not finished above Milan since taking their current name, U.S. Città di Palermo, in 1987.

Palermo (probable): Sorrentino; Rispoli, Gonzalez, Vitiello, Lazaar; Rigoni, Maresca, Barreto; Vazquez; Belotti, Dybala

Suspended: Andelkovic

Milan (probable): Diego Lopez; Abate, Paletta, Mexes, Antonelli; Van Ginkel, De Jong, Poli; Cerci, Destro, Menez

Suspended: None

TV/Streaming: beIN Sports (US)

Words: Christian FitzHugh

acmilan.com/it
football-italia
Siamo a posto cosi.
No Muntari, rumours say he is not in Milan's plan for next or rest of this season. Who knows but there is no indication he is injured.

They should have thought last summer, when they offered him a contract...
Welcome to MM Smile

There is no evidence that we can trust Galliani to make good decisions. Muntari possibly leaving is good but the good can be undone with other moves or non-moves. For example this could provide him a reason to keep Essien (possibly with lower wages) or to sign someone just as useless.
This summer indeed, I hope we'll have a lot of money from China to get (not only) good midfielders...
(04-03-2015, 05:00 PM)gianluca1193 Wrote: They should have thought last summer, when they offered him a contract...

with a higher salary, I believe?