Week 31: Inter Milan - A.C. Milan (Sunday, April 19 - 20:45 CET)
(04-19-2015, 10:26 PM)nefremo Wrote: i disagree. I think he did set up the team to defend in the first half. This is why he started with Menez up top. The defensive line was set at the same place for about 30 minutes - clearly a set plan. The line was about 25-30 meters from our goal. Our midfielders started pressure 10 meters into our own half. This was a set plan, and it was very clear. We were defending with 9 and hoping that we get a counter through Menez. Exactly what you said.

I don't know, I doubt that was the plan from the beginning. Inter played with a lot of intensity in the beginning, which is something we always struggle to deal with. We tend to drop deep when that happens. Once they took their foot off the gas a bit, we started playing much better, as Abate and Antonelli could worry a bit less about defending and start thinking more about getting forward.

Quote:The fact of the matter is that the situation of the club was not what it is now for the entire season, yet we've been the same shit team the entire season.

I don't really agree. What's different now is that we have actual names of potential buyers. Everything else is pretty much the same as it was last season, with the competing CEOs, Silvio's lack of realism (and care), a coach who is always on the verge of getting sacked, players bereft of confidence, etc. Remember that Allegri, who is now taking Juve to another league title and most likely the semi-finals of the Champions League, did no better than Pippo. Seedorf didn't improve things much either. I don't think any coach would have done better in these conditions.

Quote:This is not all his fault. Not blaming only him for this season. Everyone is to blame. Galliani, Berlusconi, the players, and Pippo. Which is why I'm calling for everyone's head. But I wouldn't trust Pippo even with better players and better management. He is our legend, but he has done nothing so far to prove that he deserves to coach a team like Milan. On the contrary, he has been quite terrible actually. IMO, he needs to go at the end of the season.

As I see it, he has great potential. He became Milan coach too soon, that is something I think we can all agree on, but he could potentially be a great coach for us with a bit more experience. And what better experience than a nightmare season like this? I'd really like for him to get a second chance next year.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Week 31: Inter Milan - A.C. Milan (Sunday, April 19 - 20:45 CET) - by devoted_dm - 04-19-2015, 10:49 PM