PDA

View Full Version : Batigoal

Nona
03-12-2004, 12:34
There was an announcement on the dutch tv today:
FC Barcelona has signed Gabriel Battistuta (36) to complete the attack.
The last two years Battistuta played in Qatar.

What do you think ?
Is it true ?

Goldie but oldie, right ?

I would like to see him back in Europe. How does he look right now? :1old:

Just kidding, sorry

Campari
03-12-2004, 12:48
Well, Hendrik Larsson is injured, however i think it's not true.

Nona
03-12-2004, 12:51
Hey, I never met you before.
Welcome to MM...
mmmhhmmmmm Campari mixed with bitter Lemon....delicous

ACMILAN1983
03-12-2004, 14:05
Batigol isn't anywhere near as prolific as he was these days. I can't imagine he'd be going Barca tbh

but it would be nice to see him back in Europe again.

btw welcome Campari, I don't think I've met you either

Shomo
03-12-2004, 15:58
i just heard about batistuta coming back europe on goal.com,but tbh as his fan i don't think it's a good idea

Josh
03-12-2004, 17:54
Batistuta to Barcelona at age 36 does not make much sense. A player that age, who has been out of serious competition for two years and more, cannot sustain the speed, tempo and physical aspects of first class European football. Moreover, Bati was a "has been" for a year before hand (I remember his last year in Roma plus his few months in Inter). It looks very unlikely he can come back to any resemblance of shape and be on the same field as Ronaldinho, Etoo, Deco, Guily and others. May be he can hand them towels or drinking water....

Even the idea of putting him in the game for the last 10 minutes so he could raise high and score with a header from a corner kick is "fantasy". The opposing defenses will toy with him at will. Barcelona is better off giving extra playing time to substitutes or youth players until Larsson comes back.

Sorry, Bati, the best for you would be to stay in Qatar, collect the millions, and watch the videos of your best years with Fiorentina and Roma.

P.S. I never liked this player or his attitude anyway...

meazza
04-12-2004, 05:09
I agree, he'll be practically useless, a body on the field no more. he's not played good football for 5 years and 3 clubs. Barcawould be better getting some fringe european striker or a relatively promising young player. what about Vrysas, he was pretty decent for greece at euro 2004.