PDA

View Full Version : Pirlo backup

meazza
18-02-2005, 12:05
Galliani has said that Milan will actively try to buy somone to play backup to Pirlo. Who do you think the options are?

the dream option for me would be to go for the only player I can think of who resembles him, but buy him as player who would play elsewhere in the midfield more regularly. Tomas Rosicky, plus Bourissia are in financial trouble right now and it's likely they'll sell some players in the summer.

however it's likely it will be another more standard back up.

ACMILAN1983
18-02-2005, 22:36
A few names have already been mentioned including Xavi, Pizarro and one other (Baronio I think).

Xavi would be a good alternative as he plays in a similar way to Pirlo, although there are no certainties he'll adapt to Serie A (defensively he'll need to get better imo).

Pizarro is a good player and has Serie A experience behind him. The problem with him is he isn't a player like Pirlo and so if he does come as a replacement for Pirlo it means that the system will have to be changed when Pirlo is missing.

Both players could strengthen our squad by adding new dimensions, so its a matter of which player will be best for Milan

Sash21
19-02-2005, 00:59
Rosicky??? He's great player, but I think he is more an attacking midfielder than defending... like Riquelme I think. Either way I would love to see one or both of them in Milan, specially since they both are wasted in their weak teams.

tardelli_jr
19-02-2005, 02:56
the one player i'd love to see as pirlo's backup and most definetly would slot right in and be able to play the same way would be vincenzo grella of parma

mk18
19-02-2005, 06:45
i think xavi is out of the question, i hope we can go for some1 who can play both of gattusos and pirlos positions ... some1 like de rossi or maniche eventhough de rossi is almost impossible ... i think we will not sign anyone in that position but if we do i think it will be baronio most probably tho pizzaro would be perfect.

Bayman
19-02-2005, 13:00
Pizarro
Mascherano
Juninho pernambucano

...and noone else.
No bargaining plz.
And then let the competition for the starting places begin.... ;)

Jim_UK
19-02-2005, 14:30
I wonder if Miccoli could be worth a shot ? He's used to the Italian league and with a little adaption could play either Seedorf's role or Pirlo's.

Juninho is a good player, tremendous free-kick taker, not sure about his tackling skills. But as he's nearing the end of his career, he may settle for a subs role.

Bayman
19-02-2005, 17:44
He's 30yo. Just had birthday.
Juninho subs role? He'd start and plays the right midfiled role (Gattuso's, who'd have to move central) for Brazil too.

mk18
19-02-2005, 18:05
juninho is really good but i hope we get pizarro he really convinced me today vs inter.. another option might be emre, miccoli i dont think would adapt to pirlos role

Jim_UK
20-02-2005, 05:16
Then Juninho wouldn't be Pirlo's backup then would he ? Pirlo would be Juninho's backup if you were to start him and move Gattuso to the middle.

I wouldn't start him, he'd have to earn his place over a period of time. But he would be a good player to have and as he is 30, i don't think he'd be too expensive.

Udinese do have alot of good, hard working players ... i would expect a few of them to be snapped up in the summer.

Franco6
20-02-2005, 08:04
Juninho, Rosicky, Riquelme etc are attacking midfielders like Rui and Kaka.

We need a player like Redondo or Albertini. Next season i would give a chance to Donadel (currently on loan to Sampdoria) and Donati (on loan to Messina). This season they're doing well.

ilgenio
20-02-2005, 09:34
And now even Mozart's name has been mentioned :eekani:

If it's Mozart the musician then YES, but if it's Mozart the footballer then... :devf:

Bayman
20-02-2005, 09:45
Juninho plays in central midfield for Brazil too. He plays despite Kaka, R10 and R9 playing, so he can do in Milan with Kaka, Sheva, Gilardino.
Donati and Donadel are average players. Certainly no better than Ambrosini.

mk18
20-02-2005, 18:59
id go for a more reliable player like pizarro or sneider

K77SH C
20-02-2005, 19:38
I know this sounds weird, but Iv always wondered how Maldini would have been in midfield, hes ot the skills. :cool: But of course its a wacky suggestion that would never happen, would be nice to see it once though :firedev:

almilan
21-02-2005, 07:00
xavi would be number 1 choice but dont think he would accept back up role

Pizarro or Emre would be ideal in my opinion

About Mascherano I dont know much about him, never seen him play but i have heard he is good, i think i remember him being linked to juve though

mk18
22-02-2005, 13:12
i just remembered... zagorakis... he settled in italy really well and i think he would be the best buy for us ... him then pizzaro

meazza
24-02-2005, 10:48
xavi would be number 1 choice but dont think he would accept back up role

Pizarro or Emre would be ideal in my opinion

About Mascherano I dont know much about him, never seen him play but i have heard he is good, i think i remember him being linked to juve though
mascherano just moved to corinthians for 11m.

Emre is a player I would love to see at milan.

referee_kayu
24-02-2005, 12:57
I'm of the opinion that Dhorasoo and Ambrosini are adequate.

shevaseven
27-02-2005, 02:10
i think xavi will be excellent sub for pirlo, but you think xavi will leave barcelona? i dont think so. so its better if milan bought pizarro or maybe steven gerrad, maybe

Masson
27-02-2005, 07:20
i suppose to buy Baronio.his style is suitable to be the backup of Pirlo.Because we need a back up,many famous players will not be willing to be a sub of Pirlo.Therefore some players like Juninho,Xavi,Mascherano,Pizarro will be come if we just give them a backup position.May be we should buy a player who can play many position in midfield including the Pirlo's,then he can have more opportunities to play.

Hitman
27-02-2005, 08:48
I think that a player like Emre would be the perfect solution. He reminds me alot of Pirlo, and currently he is not playing a lot for Inter. And we have a habbit of making good deals with Inter ;)

mk18
27-02-2005, 19:29
here are names i think we should look at that have not been mentioned before

- zagorakis (bologna)
- sissoko (valencia)
- assuncao (real betis)

Maradona (10)
27-02-2005, 19:49
mascherano just moved to corinthians for 11m.

Theres no confirmation, but it looks like a done deal. IMO he is a tad overrated, good player, but not that good as they want to make him look. As of late, he hasnt impressed much although he did score an amazing goal against Olmedo (Thats like a Serie C team) in Copa Libertadores.

Styles
28-02-2005, 12:42
I think Owen Hargreaves of Bayern Munich would do a good job as Pirlo back-up.....

K77SH C
28-02-2005, 19:52
Nah, he too average. i quite like Ladesma at Lecce.

kris
01-03-2005, 02:07
Eugenio Corini

Masson
01-03-2005, 07:45
I think Owen Hargreaves of Bayern Munich would do a good job as Pirlo back-up.....
Hargreaves always plays as a side player in Munich.He can't do Pirlo's job as the attack core in the midfield

I like Ledesma too.

Styles
01-03-2005, 13:54
Hargreaves always plays as a side player in Munich.He can't do Pirlo's job as the attack core in the midfield

I like Ledesma too.
Ledesma is useless

mk18
01-03-2005, 14:32
corini is amazing but i dont think hed want to join

iregk
01-03-2005, 17:03
Hargreaves is useless doesn't do it at all at top level.

Theoren
02-03-2005, 03:23
I think also that hargreaves is not good enough. in my opinion there are any player who is as good as pirlo. you can´t replace him!!!!

kris
02-03-2005, 05:20
corini is amazing but i dont think hed want to join

I am sure he would love getting a scudetto before he retires.

PirloDaBest
02-03-2005, 05:26
I think Corini would be perfect back-up too but he is quite old and probably only has 1 season left in him. Milan need a reliable back-up player for Pirlo that can at least got for another 2-3 season. I think Roberto Baronio of Chievo is the best option. He wont make a fuss about sitting on the bench for most of the season and has good qualities.

No ENGLISH trash please. Hargreaves can help the cleaners clean the changing rooms

Giovanni
02-03-2005, 05:48
Pirlo is unreplaceable.That said we must choose someone who comes close to him, for his qualities. Even building him up tactically speaking, in other words even if he doesn't actually play in that role. We must find a player who doesn't like to much to run forward with the ball and leaving the back uncovered..That's why Dhorasoo doesn't fit in that role, despite being quality..because he likes too much to go forward with the ball.

We need someone who doesn't hold too much the ball and have great accuracy in passing , both on short and large distances.

Pizarro and Baronio, maybe, are the hottest choices at the moment.

mk18
02-03-2005, 10:23
yes kris but would corini want to sit on the bench for the most part of the season?? i dont think so

Peachtot
03-03-2005, 09:18
biggest chance will go to pizzaro...

Kui
03-03-2005, 09:42
biggest chance will go to pizzaro...

Our Kaka/ Ronaldinho debate still good for a later date? Let me know! Peace!

Brasileiro
03-03-2005, 09:45
i suppose to buy Baronio.his style is suitable to be the backup of Pirlo.Because we need a back up,many famous players will not be willing to be a sub of Pirlo.Therefore some players like Juninho,Xavi,Mascherano,Pizarro will be come if we just give them a backup position.May be we should buy a player who can play many position in midfield including the Pirlo's,then he can have more opportunities to play.
This is the advantage of Juninho, he can play the 4 positions in the mid. In Lyon he play in Pirlo and Seedorf position, in Brazil NT he play at Gattuso position, here in Brasil he played at Kaká position also...

Peachtot
03-03-2005, 09:54
Our Kaka/ Ronaldinho debate still good for a later date? Let me know! Peace!
:D :D

where's the link..?
i forgot in what topic..?? :D :D

Kui
03-03-2005, 10:00
:mex: From our last Ronaldinho/ Kaka debate. It's not like I can find you all the timein these forums. I hope you remember our friendly disagreement. There is no link but it was a way to say wassup b!tch???! :cheers:

Peachtot
03-03-2005, 10:05
:mex: From our last Ronaldinho/ Kaka debate. It's not like I can find you all the timein these forums. I hope you remember our friendly disagreement. There is no link but it was a way to say wassup b!tch???! :cheers:
Hahaha :grinser: :grinser:

come on,kui....dont take it seriously....
profuse apologize if i forget another member disagreement...

plz tell me in what topic...
i have searched and i still can't find it :respect:

Kui
03-03-2005, 10:08
So we still on to tell each other "i told you so huh"?? You need to do some hoping cause they still gotta play chelski at Stamford Bridge. Hopefully we dont need to worry on the Milan side. Otherwise we might never solve our dilema huh?

Peachtot
03-03-2005, 10:19
So we still on to tell each other "i told you so huh"?? You need to do some hoping cause they still gotta play chelski at Stamford Bridge. Hopefully we dont need to worry on the Milan side. Otherwise we might never solve our dilema huh?
I have gotten our last debate (transfers/ronaldinho/15th page)... :v46:

No worry against a team that playing defence like chelski....
If barca could beat a team that all the time put 7-8 players in the box, then what they could do against the team with 4 players in the box (or 2 players rested when both full back moved forward)..???

dinho will show his sheer magic in stamford bridge...

Kui
03-03-2005, 10:30
I hope his magic magically disappears when and if we replay Barca. Than I'll enjoy watchin you eat your Sh!te. You'll have the pleasure to see me eat some dootie if you are right so "even stevens". Great! We got a friendly bet on this.

Cheers!

Peachtot
03-03-2005, 10:39
I hope his magic magically disappears when and if we replay Barca. Than I'll enjoy watchin you eat your Sh!te. You'll have the pleasure to see me eat some dootie if you are right so "even stevens". Great! We got a friendly bet on this.

Cheers!
:1five:
Yep, I'll really enjoy that Sh!te when you see dinho bring barca to the next stage, hopping face milan and bury your man, Kaka...

Back to the bet and i remind once again :
You pick kaka for man of the match, and i pick another milan player....and dinho will play better than kaka in that moment to come... :u125:

Kui
03-03-2005, 10:55
:1five:
Yep, I'll really enjoy that Sh!te when you see dinho bring barca to the next stage, hopping face milan and bury your man, Kaka...

Back to the bet and i remind once again :
You pick kaka for man of the match, and i pick another milan player....and dinho will play better than kaka in that moment to come... :u125:
What! You're gonna pick another Milan player for Man of the match? Just pick Dinho for goodness sakes. It's not like I or anyone else will consider you a traitor cause we know you're not. We'll keep it as our little secret. Even though the whole forum can see this post. Frankly if anyone gets mad at you it really is none of their F_CKING BUSINESS! THIS IS BETWEEN ME AND PEACHTOT! Whata ya say?
I tell you what you can have your Milan man of the match but the bet has to be kaka vs ronaldinho through and through.
Maybe a point system awarding their playmaking decisions. I dunno 2 points for assists 5 for goals? We dont need to make negative points for yellows or reds. Just make it pro-active points. You got any suggestions?

Peachtot
03-03-2005, 11:08
What! You're gonna pick another Milan player for Man of the match? Just pick Dinho for goodness sakes. It's not like I or anyone else will consider you a traitor cause we know you're not. We'll keep it as our little secret. Even though the whole forum can see this post. Frankly if anyone gets mad at you it really is none of their F_CKING BUSINESS! THIS IS BETWEEN ME AND PEACHTOT! Whata ya say?
Yep...You and your biatch (that's me, like you said before :grinser: )

I tell you what you can have your Milan man of the match but the bet has to be kaka vs ronaldinho through and through.
Maybe a point system awarding their playmaking decisions. I dunno 2 points for assists 5 for goals? We dont need to make negative points for yellows or reds. Just make it pro-active points. You got any suggestions?
OK...between you and me | between Kaka and dinho
NOT... between Milan and barca (cause both of us put Milan as the winner of the match/es)
2 points for assists and 5 for goals...AGREE

And it means that each time Kaka shown both his hands up, you'll get 5 pts :D :D

Kui
04-03-2005, 04:00
Yep...You and your biatch (that's me, like you said before :grinser: )

OK...between you and me | between Kaka and dinho
NOT... between Milan and barca (cause both of us put Milan as the winner of the match/es)
2 points for assists and 5 for goals...AGREE

And it means that each time Kaka shown both his hands up, you'll get 5 pts :D :D

Game On! Bring it on Biatch! :musk:

roy_lo81
04-03-2005, 04:38
uhm.. Albertini?

zlatanov
04-03-2005, 06:09
Pizarro from Udinese is the latest name linked with Milan.

hitmannq8
16-03-2005, 13:19
Juninho pernambucano no doubt