PDA

View Full Version : Milan In For Ljungberg?

Herou
06-06-2005, 03:24
Milan In For Ljungberg

The Rossoneri are ready to sign the Swedish winger.
Following the incoming transfers of Johann Vogel and Marek Jankulovksi, Milan are close to sign another high profile midfielder: Frederik Ljungberg.

The Arsenal player is seen as the ideal right winger for the Rossoneri thanks to his speed and technical qualities. The transfer could be eased by the fact that recently Ljunberg declared that he will not renew his contract with the London-based club.

In the meantime, Milan are also set to complete the transfer of Alberto Gilardino from Parma, but the announcement will only be made after the 20th of June, following the relegation playoff between the Gialloblu and Bologna.

From Goal.com

----------------

I dont know about this, but i think he would be a better option than Seedorf. He is far more consistant and is faster and works harder. Seedorf might have a better shot and has better tecnique but if he continues to dissapoint we cant keep him in the starting 11. What do you think?

Masson
06-06-2005, 03:36
Doesn't Ljungberg play as a right midfield or wingers?Gattuso has taken that place.

Herou
06-06-2005, 03:42
In the national team he plays on the left flank, and Wilhelmsson on the right.

Hitman
06-06-2005, 04:16
I cannot see any truth in this... Just another summer transfer rumour...

Kui
06-06-2005, 04:41
Doesn't Ljungberg play as a right midfield or wingers?Gattuso has taken that place.

No Gattuso hasnt taken that place. He plays in the same position if that is what you mean. Just because his name is gattuso doesnt mean that he has first choice or position on the right midfield. I like the idea of Ljungberg coming here. It means Gattuso has his work cut out for him now.

Henrik
06-06-2005, 06:41
I don't find any merit to this story. I don't think it is true and I don't hope that its true

KhRiS
06-06-2005, 06:43
I like the idea of Ljungberg coming here. It means Gattuso has his work cut out for him now.

I agree with Kui on this one, every postion should be fought for, none of the players should have their positions for granted as may in Milan do have, competition like for berths in the squad will only improve our Squad.

:D

rae
06-06-2005, 06:55
I will sustain this transfer if only it is not pricey. I love to see arse without Cole and Ljungberg :D :haha:

Campari
06-06-2005, 07:06
We don't need further midfield players, except for a player for the positon of Pirlo. What we really need, are younger defenders for the near future.

mk18
06-06-2005, 07:13
dunno why but i have a feeling that he might end up here... im not sure if i want that but maybe he can add something new... i was never a fan of him though

K77SH C
06-06-2005, 07:14
Hes a very good player and someone who would surprise alot of people if he came. Hes very fast and has a nack of scoring. Id be happy if he came, Milan seem to be working on its options, ie Seedorf, Janko, Maldini and Serghinio on the left. Gatusso, Cafu and possibly Oddo or ljunberg on the right. Not bad :rone:

K77SH C
06-06-2005, 07:18
I like the idea of Ljungberg coming here. It means Gattuso has his work cut out for him now.

I think the idea maybe to allow Gatusso to come central and have Cafu or lunjberg on the right with a 3 man defence.

If Milan want him i believe we may get him, Arsenal seem to be crumbling right now and Im sure all of the players will be considering their options.

Grenoli_Trio
06-06-2005, 07:20
I am proud to announce that he is almost done. The club and the player has signed an agreement. Now it is time to see Gunners' boss.

K77SH C
06-06-2005, 07:22
Whats the source please :5ok:

hwmook
06-06-2005, 07:22
Hes a very good player and someone who would surprise alot of people if he came. Hes very fast and has a nack of scoring. Id be happy if he came, Milan seem to be working on its options, ie Seedorf, Janko, Maldini and Serghinio on the left. Gatusso, Cafu and possibly Oddo or ljunberg on the right. Not bad :rone:

same thinking. from recent transfer trend, milan seem to be looking to increase squad depth to provide more options for each position. i would not be suprised if i see more players being brought in.

rae
06-06-2005, 07:51
I am proud to announce that he is almost done. The club and the player has signed an agreement. Now it is time to see Gunners' boss.Yes, the scoure please :whie:

Gio-mania
06-06-2005, 07:55
ljungbergs a good player: (not as good as the swedish media)- but he would be awesome in milan.........
i havent read/seen/heard anything at all about this roumer, but if he comes cheap i would love the idea

Henrik
06-06-2005, 08:02
IF he comes, which I still find highly unlikely, I would play him in Seedorf's position, not Gattuso's. Just a though...

MATNAT
06-06-2005, 08:31
hes quality... he is one of the only consistent plyers for arsenal in the champions league (and you can`t say that about many of the arsenal players)

he can do it all and he works his arse off!!

would be a good signing imo!!

humanTORCH
06-06-2005, 09:32
The source where you ppl get this rumour. :bri:

KhRiS
06-06-2005, 09:44
The source where you ppl get this rumour. :bri:
Well Goal.com just reported the interest, apparently Grenoli Trio has confirmed it( :finger: )

sehnsucht79
06-06-2005, 09:54
This is absolute bull. Goal.com is nearly as bad as tribalfootball.

Maltese Charlie
06-06-2005, 09:54
I saw this rumour yesterday.
It was on the mediaset Tv's Teletext and on Datasport.

Below you can read it in Italian.

Milan: per il centrocampo idea Ljungberg
Dom 05 Giu, 9:49 PM

Continua la rivoluzione a centrocampo: dopo Jankulovski e Vogel potrebbe infatti arrivare anche Frederik Ljungberg. Mentre la squadra (nazionali a parte) č in vacanza, la societą continua alacremente a lavorare sul mercato.

Dopo aver inserito nella rosa due tasselli importanti come appunto Marek Jankulovski, prelevato dall`Udinese, e Johann Vogel (dal Psv Eindhoven), e in attesa del grande colpo (il segreto di Pulcinella che č Alberto Gilardino, il cui annuncio č atteso intorno al 20 giugno, dopo lo spareggio salvezza che il Parma sosterrą contro il Bologna), il Milan si muoverą per arrivare a Ljungberg: l`esterno svedese, ritenuto il giocatore ideale da mettere in fascia per prestanza e velocitą, ha annunciato la sua intenzione di non rinnovare con l`Arsenal.

Campari
06-06-2005, 10:31
Look at further possible sources, there is nothing about a Ljungberg move.

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/league.asp?cpid=21

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/

Masson
06-06-2005, 10:53
If he comes to Milan, he will not be a absolute starting player.KAKA,Pirlo,Gattuso and Seedorf will be the basic formation of the midfield.He may play at the Seedorf's position depend on the opponent style.He can improve our side attack.May be he will be a sub and will be called up when we need more attack on the right sides,then he will replace Gattuso.He unlikely plays in right midfield in the first line up becasue it's crazy to take out Gattuso to drop our Midfield defense.

and we have Janku for the left side attack already.

Stezagud
06-06-2005, 11:14
He's versatile, quick and probably not too expensive so this would be a good deal imho.

He scores a lot of goals for a midfielder, a lot of that is down to Arsenals tactics (though he scores a lot for Sweden too iirc? ) they use him and Pires as deep runners with Henry dragging the defenders around to make room and then a deep striker (Bergkamp, Reyes etc) sliding a pass through. With Kaka and Pirlo's vision it could be reproduced quite easily by Milan and would add an extra dimension as Pirlo, gattuso and Seedorf are usually *outside the box* players.

ZBoban
06-06-2005, 11:26
I'm all for dropping Gattuso more often..I still think he's good and should of course stay at Milan, but he should play less often..He is too one-dimensional to play every game..Ljungberg for example is as gritty and gives you more speed and more skill. It pisses me off so much to see Gattuso so eliminated from the play when Milan go forward..it's ridiculous, he has trouble making a decent pass and you can forget about him making a quality shot or cross...you can't count on him at all when Milan go forward. Replacing him more often can only be a good thing IMO.

Christopher
06-06-2005, 12:20
We don't need further midfield players, except for a player for the positon of Pirlo. What we really need, are younger defenders for the near future.

are you nuts our midfield was the weakest area of the team! We had a lazy Seedorf and an offensively challenged Gattuso.

Roger Nolli
06-06-2005, 12:41
Ljumberg is a great player, will be a fantastic sign

shevagol_7
06-06-2005, 13:33
I think Ljunberg would be a good signing because he can push our starting midfielders for a starting position. Another thing if we have Gila and Crespo playing at the same time wing play would be the best option. We could have Ljunberg on the right and Jankulovski on the left putting in crosses for Gilardino and Crespo to finish.

Gio-mania
06-06-2005, 14:02
He scores a lot of goals for a midfielder, a lot of that is down to Arsenals tactics (though he scores a lot for Sweden too iirc? )

HAHAHAHA he might have scored 5 goals in 50 games.................
-he plays nicce in the NT but he cant score

Stezagud
06-06-2005, 14:12

oh, it seems i recall incorrectly :D

he scored at the weekend but to be honest i dont usually pay much attention to Swedens games, the last i saw was vs Bulgaria in Euro 2004. I think he scored in that game too?

He does score about 10-12 a season for Arsenal though, my Gooner supporting mate says his average is a goal every 4 games which is excellent for a midfielder.

Herou
06-06-2005, 14:31
He has scored in almost every game after Euro 2004 in the NT. He is one goal from beeing top scorer in the WC-quals I think.

vickirin
06-06-2005, 14:57
I think that he would be a great milan player who could gi more options to our bench :dcool:

Arildonardo
06-06-2005, 15:19

He can't score?

In 26 (24 starts) Premier League games this season he scored 10 goals and had 9 assists. I think that's very good! In total he has scored between 60 and 70 goals for Arsenal in around 260 games. Compare that to any of our midfielders...

For the national team I think he has scored 11 goals in 51 games.

alt51
06-06-2005, 15:26
YES, HE can play in left and right, a very useful member if cafu or serginho cannot on the match,

i support he to be in milan

Jim_UK
06-06-2005, 15:44
This season he has scored a total of 14 goals in 35 games, that's a goal every 2.5 matches. I think that's pretty good considering he's been playing in short spells and not as regularly as in past seasons. He would add more pace and constant movement to our team. He can go wide or go through the middle, he's ideal.

Here in England (some of the other UK members might remember this) they did an experiement and put a microchip in his boot to see how far he travelled and how much time he spent standing still ... from what i can recall, he ran something insane like over 10 miles and spent less than 5 mins of the whole match standing still. The point is, he just runs and runs, which is good for our midfield.

Thumbs up from me :5ok:

I.M.O.
06-06-2005, 17:40
does his contact expires this year?
If yes then it's a real chance to get a nice back up
(or even first player /seedorf)
If not he may be a bit expensive for his calibre...

KhRiS
06-06-2005, 18:31
does his contact expires this year?
If yes then it's a real chance to get a nice back up
(or even first player /seedorf)
If not he may be a bit expensive for his calibre...

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=282551&lid=3&cpid=8&title=Freddie+in+Gunners+warning&channel=Premiership.

:stupid:

Stezagud
07-06-2005, 09:04
Here in England (some of the other UK members might remember this) they did an experiement and put a microchip in his boot to see how far he travelled and how much time he spent standing still ... from what i can recall, he ran something insane like over 10 miles and spent less than 5 mins of the whole match standing still. The point is, he just runs and runs, which is good for our midfield.

Yeah i remember that too, he finished ahead of all other players measured, if i remmber right him and Beckham ran 16km per match :eek: They had a diagram of the runs he made throughout the match too, he had covered so much it was like the pitch was covered with a spiders web..

mk18
07-06-2005, 11:11
he might be good for marketing... girls adore him!!

Koeke
07-06-2005, 11:46
isn't he injured for a while due to some tato ink that caused an allergic reaction or something?
how much would he cost?
but the question is when he comes were would we use him in our current tactical grid?
I mean we don't play wingers in our midfield, our winger play the RB an LB postition

zlatanov
07-06-2005, 11:57
I can only welcome a player like Ljungberg at Milan for he would give us more options in attack and midfield.
I wouldn't mind seeing Ze Robberto join us too - he is a free agent now and would come very cheap. I know he is 31 but he is still a marvelous player who could team up with Sergio and Kaka pretty well, especially if we start applying a true 3-man defence tactic vs defensive teams at the SS.

Warro Bantan
07-06-2005, 12:18
I can only welcome a player like Ljungberg at Milan for he would give us more options in attack and midfield.
I wouldn't mind seeing Ze Robberto join us too - he is a free agent now and would come very cheap. I know he is 31 but he is still a marvelous player who could team up with Sergio and Kaka pretty well, especially if we start applying a true 3-man defence tactic vs defensive teams at the SS.

Did you see his goal (ie Ze Roberto) vs Paraguay? Brilliant...and if he can come on the cheap, then why not? :rr29:

killiegradge
07-06-2005, 12:24
he might be good for marketing... girls adore him!!

Is he not supposed to be gay?!

Warro Bantan
07-06-2005, 12:29
Now killiegradge...shame on you for even bringing this up...so what if he“s gay? (And this coming from a person living in the most homophobic place on the planet)

Redondo was rumored to be gay as well, and I think he did good for Milan, though he played very little...he still helped us to an Italian Cup..not bad IMO...

Does Milan have a "no Gay" policy or something? Plus, as mk18 suggests, girls do go nuts for him, and if he is gay, then they will go nuts for him as a "friend"...

zlatanov
07-06-2005, 12:38
Did you see his goal (ie Ze Roberto) vs Paraguay? Brilliant...and if he can come on the cheap, then why not? :rr29:
Yes, ineed - his goal vs Paraguay was a piece of beauty but that has nothing to do with why I like him. Truth is I wanted him to join Milan while he was still at Leverkusen but ...
Actually I am very surprised that Milan hasn't gone after him considering his skills and shrude tactical awareness - something not very common in this type of players - and above all the fact that he is out of contract with Bayern.
What's even worse is that Inter are rumoured to be very interested him - at least accoring to www.tgcom.it/sport two days ago.

KhRiS
07-06-2005, 12:40
I agree with you on this one, he was really good against Paraguay, he always seems to play much better with the NT, he was unhappy with Bayern and almost left, I wish he would come here.

KhRiS
07-06-2005, 12:41
Is he not supposed to be gay?!
No he's not, He just likes making love to a man's bottom. :p155:

Warro Bantan
07-06-2005, 13:46
:haha: :haha: :haha: LOL.....KhRiS...u have my workmates looking at me as if I am crazy...I am laughing so hard!!!! U need more than just reputation points..u need therapy!

KhRiS
07-06-2005, 13:49
..u need therapy!

there is this dr i use to see, but she went into therapy herself. :d55:

zlatanov
07-06-2005, 14:24
can't blame her ... with a patient like you :D :pom: :guw:

hitmannq8
08-06-2005, 18:06
Ljungberg: trattativa rinnovo con Arsenal, alla finestra -- Inter e Milan

Dopo aver perso il brasiliano Edu a parametro zero, l'Arsenal non vuole rischiare di fare lo stesso con Fredrik Ljungberg e sta trattando il rinnovo del suo contratto. Il 28enne centrocampista svedese ha il contratto in scadenza nel giugno del 2006 e nei giorni scorsi ha lanciato un chiaro messaggio all'Arsenal, dicendo che prima di firmare vuole ottenere garanzie sulle ambizioni future del club londinese. Ljungberg č appetito da diverse squadre europee, tra cui Inter e Milan che, in caso di mancato rinnovo con l'Arsenal, sarebbero molto interessate ad ingaggiarlo a costo zero per la stagione 2006/2007.

i knew that it was a rumour

mk18
08-06-2005, 18:51
translation

Warro Bantan
09-06-2005, 09:31
As best as Alta Vista can do it:

Ljungberg: negotiation I renew with Arsenal, to the window -- Inter and Milan After to have lost the Edu Brazilian to parameter zero, the Arsenal does not want to risk to make the same one with Fredrik Ljungberg and it is dealing I renew of contracted its. 28enne the centrocampista Swede has the contract in expiration in the june of 2006 some days before and a clear message to the Arsenal has launch, saying that before signing it wants to obtain guarantees on the future ambitions of the London club. Ljungberg is appetite from various European squares, between which Inter and Milan that, in lacked case of I renew with the Arsenal, would be a lot interested to engage it to cost zero for season 2006/2007.

It seems Freddie is about to sign a new contract with the gunners...unless of course he doesnt...:D

KhRiS
09-06-2005, 12:21
As best as Alta Vista can do it:

It seems Freddie is about to sign a new contract with the gunners...unless of course he doesnt...:D

if he does, we'll start with bringing Joaquin here thread. :hmmm:

Roger Nolli
09-06-2005, 12:47
Zé Roberto NOOOOOOO!!!!! The best match of his life was Brasil X Paraguai, but in all the rest he is much bad, Parreira just don't placed Juninho but he is contunded.

zlatanov
09-06-2005, 13:02
I think you, as a Brazilian, are a bit spoiled for calling Ze Roberto a bad player. Not many other nations can boast such talent as the Brazil NT. Also I am not keen on Ze just for how he played vs Paraguay - I watch him on a regular basis at Bayern and he has been very good, often even excellent, for them.
And even if he comes to Milan - for which there has NOT been even a hint in the media - he would be more like Serginho, just giving a different option on the left of our attack.
What did you mean about Juninho (Pernambucano, I guess)? I am not sure I got that.

mk18
09-06-2005, 19:48
ze roberto is excellent i dont understand what ur saying... but i dont think we need him

kris
10-06-2005, 01:59
Ze Roberto is a mediocre player that have nothing on Seedorf, maybe better crosses, but not close when it comes to holding on to the ball.

I would love Ljungberg in Milan since that would mean that Milan would be showed on TV all the time. :D But I don't think it will happen. Ljungberg is a player that would proliferate by playing with players like Pirlo, Rui and Kaka that give him those passes on his great runs. But don't expect him to create that much on his own.

Kui
10-06-2005, 05:44
Now killiegradge...shame on you for even bringing this up...so what if he“s gay? (And this coming from a person living in the most homophobic place on the planet)

Redondo was rumored to be gay as well, and I think he did good for Milan, though he played very little...he still helped us to an Italian Cup..not bad IMO...

Does Milan have a "no Gay" policy or something? Plus, as mk18 suggests, girls do go nuts for him, and if he is gay, then they will go nuts for him as a "friend"...

I dont know how Nando Redondo could be considered gay as he has a wife and two kids whom one is already a teenager.
Now I really dont have anything against the "alternative" lifestyle. Might be good for business. Come on! Some of youse in the San Siro like watching the boys get all muddy!

Dr Milano
10-06-2005, 15:15
im a dr well on this forum anyway but not the one he visited