PDA

View Full Version : Barzagli from Palermo?

Stefan
27-12-2005, 08:13
Skysports are suggesting that we're on the verge of signing Andrea Barzagli from Palermo. If this deal is going to happen, I can't see it being concluded until the summer, after the recent comments from the club. What do people think about him? He certainly fits the criteria for the young centre-back that we want to sign.

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=348036&cpid=21&CLID=&lid=8&title=Milan+chase+Barzagli&channel=italy

zlatanov
27-12-2005, 09:16
I think he is a very goo player and can improve a lot at Milan. It's a good idea to sign italian players for soon CL rules might change forcing clubs to use a larger number of nationals, in Milan's case italians. In that sense, Barzagli is probably the most promising Italian defender, maybe along with Bonera.

Stefan
27-12-2005, 10:33
I think now (either the transfer window or this summer) is the right time to get a young defender into the club so that they can learn from Paolo and San Billy before they retire. If we wait until they leave in the summer of 2007, then any young player will be under a lot of pressure to come straight into the team and perform well, but if we get them sooner, then they can have a time to settle into the club before they are expected to become a first-choice player.

mk18
28-12-2005, 04:10
havent seen alot of him to give a good opinion, but from what ive seen, he seems to be solid but not really versatile ... maybe agile is a better word. which is not something i really like

prifess
28-12-2005, 06:23
Barzagli volgende op lijstje Milan
25 december 2005, 14:46
Door: Donny Krukkert
Palermo-verdediger Andrea Barzagli staat in de belangstelling van AC Milan, zo meldt Gazetta dello sport. De Rossoneri zoekt naar vervangers voor Maldini, Stam en Cafu. Eerder passeerden de namen van Cris (Lyon) en Alex (PSV) al de revue.
"Milan heeft interesse in Barzagli. Ik kan vertellen dat ze hem volgen met bijzondere belangstelling. Overigens hoop ik dat hij daar ook ooit gaat spelen omdat hij de ideale speler is voor Milan", onthulde Palermo Sport-directeur Rino Foschi.

Barzagli is erg gewild in Italië. Door zijn sterke spel bij Palermo wordt hij al regelmatig opgeroepen door bondscoach Marcello Lippi. Juventus toonde in een eerder stadium al belangstelling.

Ook Christian Chivu (AS Roma) en Sao Paulo’s Diego Lugano werden al aan AC Milan gelinkt. Vooralsnog zijn dat echter nog speculaties.

so they say +-: milan have there interest in 'em. just like juventus.
palermo manager said he would like to see the player playing for milan in the near future. he is a player who is into the style of milan.

chivu, cris,lugano, alex were also pronound in the list of milan's wanted defenders

Stefan
28-12-2005, 07:15
palermo manager said he would like to see the player playing for milan in the near future. he is a player who is into the style of milan.

chivu, cris,lugano, alex were also pronound in the list of milan's wanted defenders

He could fit the style of Milan? So does that mean that he knows how to pass a football and control it properly - therefore he's not a juventus player??? ;)

As for the other players, I definately would like to see Chivu at Milan.

prifess
28-12-2005, 09:18
He could fit the style of Milan? So does that mean that he knows how to pass a football and control it properly - therefore he's not a juventus player??? ;)

ye the palermo manager told he is the ideal player for milan (probebly he says that for the money :p)
but would be nice to see em play at milan in january together with chivu or kompany. nesta 2 btw but we could set chivu on defence left but then kaladze hasn't got his place (hmmm kaladze is 1 of my favo players of milan) but then we can loan kompany out for another year.

we'll c probebly i think with Barzagli we got enough. he seems to be good.

Tony75
28-12-2005, 09:49
Barzagli would be a great addition, along with Lugano. I don't rate Chivu. Off Roma I'd take Bovo, and Mancini. They would be great additions to our ageing defence. Let Stam, Simic, and Billy go.

FORZA MILAN.

Stefan
28-12-2005, 10:07
Barzagli would be a great addition, along with Lugano. I don't rate Chivu. Off Roma I'd take Bovo, and Mancini. They would be great additions to our ageing defence. Let Stam, Simic, and Billy go.

Let Billy go?!?!? :p231:

There's no way we should let him leave Milan - if he decides to retire then he should be given a coaching role at the club. I'm all for looking to the future and encouraging youngsters, but Billy and Paolo typify everything that is Milan and they should stay to teach the younger players.

SANT
28-12-2005, 11:41
Barzagli would be a good player to have... I hope everything Galliani and Ancelotti have said about not buying players during this winter break is just a smoke curtain.

SANT
28-12-2005, 19:22
From Rai Sport website:
http://www.raisport.rai.it/sportarticolo/0,10719,26884,00.html

Barzagli: lusingato da voci mercato

Difensore Palermo, mi piacerebbe giocare a San Siro

27 dicembre 2005

'Sono lusingato dalle voci di mercato che mi riguardano su offerte da parte di Juve e Milan'. Lo ammette il difensore del Palermo Barzagli. Io posso garantire - aggiunge - che fino alla fine del campionato rimarro' a Palermo, in futuro chissa'...'. Il difensore del Palermo giura fedelta' (ma fino a giugno) al club rosanero e poi spiega che 'al futuro cerco di non pensare troppo, ma un giorno mi piacerebbe magari giocare stabilmente in uno stadio come quello di San Siro'.

---- So, he's willing to join Milan, but by June...

MilanPerSempre
29-12-2005, 00:21
I also really hope we'll sign a defender in January. If it's not Barzagli, another one then. I just think that we really need an extra quality defender if we want to win the Champions League and if we still want to be involved in the Scudetto race. After all, everybody could see that our defence was not so good before the Christmas break.... but why Galliani keeps saying: 'our defence is top quality'?

Anyway, normally Barzagli should be a summer signing. He wants to concentrate on Palermo until the rest of the season and after that he wants to move to a bigger team. I think Milan is really in pole position.

goose
29-12-2005, 01:34
Barzagli, Alex, Lugano, Gallas, Chivu, whatever...

OK, I like to see only one of these guys this summer. I'm not so sure about revolutionizing the back line or getting a CB or RB this coming month. What about Kahka Kaladze? And Simic? Why not give these men more games? Put 'em on the sword, demand some production from them and see how they react to the pressure. You never know, they could really step up and prove they belong here. And if a new guy or guys comes in, who knows how well and how fast they will adapt to the Italian game, culture, language, etc, etc? It could make a worrying situation even worse. All I'm saying is let's give the bench players a chance and not dismiss them so easily. On the other hand, in my opinion perhaps Carlo should consider adding some midfield cover to his tactical solutions. And of course work, work, work, work, on those danged dead-ball situations! :mad:

You see, there are many ways to address our defense. Yes, we need new defenders. Immediately or this summer, sure. But we should make allow management to work through it with what they have now. So far we've seen two wins without Paolo in the center and without giving anything up (if I'm wrong please correct me). So who knows, maybe a Stam-Nesta-Kaladze-Serginho back 4 is the solution. We will see.

Stefan
29-12-2005, 05:08
And if a new guy or guys comes in, who knows how well and how fast they will adapt to the Italian game, culture, language, etc, etc? It could make a worrying situation even worse.

I would imagine that Barzagli will adapt pretty quickly to the Italian game, culture and language... ;) :D

Tony75
29-12-2005, 08:30
Let Billy go?!?!? :p231:

There's no way we should let him leave Milan - if he decides to retire then he should be given a coaching role at the club. I'm all for looking to the future and encouraging youngsters, but Billy and Paolo typify everything that is Milan and they should stay to teach the younger players.

Let him go in that sense. He should no longer be a playing option. Time waits for no man, and time has passed him by. We need to start allowing the youngsters a chance to learn on the field, not just in Milanello.

AC Milan Ottawa
29-12-2005, 09:18
I think it is long overdue that Milan look to make a few major signings for the backline. Remember it was their overall team defensive errors that lost the CL final and almost the semi-final. But somehow the team managers and coaches felt they could recover his season. It has been the defensive problems that almost eliminated Milan from the CL this season and those same problems have effectively eliminated them from the Scudetto race.

I would prefer to see a player added in January who is eligible to play in the CL - Chivu or better still Barzagli and 1 or two more in the summer. Milan have done a wonderful job in the transfer market bringing in attacking players, bu it is time to concentrate on the defensive aspect of the game if they want to continue to win trophies.

K77SH C
29-12-2005, 10:06
I agree. Its becoming quite worrying that we have Billy who cant play a run of games if needed. Maldini could well play his last season next season. Cafu is probably already playing his, for us anyway. Stam is no spring chicken either.

I know nothing of Barzagli, but I do feel that a club with defensive traditions as millan we should be aiming for players like Alex, Chivu and Komapny. My only worry with Chivu is hes injury prone. So I think we should swap Stam for Alex and if he is Chelsea bound then lets nick Gallas from them. If kompany really is the next big thing then he should be brought in after next season which will probably be Maldini's last season.I really do wish Galliani would take a risk on a young player like Alves.

ACMILAN1983
29-12-2005, 10:11
One note about the defence last season which will probably explain about the reasoning of the management of not buying players over summer.

In the league, we had, if I remember correctly, the second best defence and in CL, we had either the best defence or second after Liverpool I think, which isn't that bad.

However, Barzagli isn't a bad option, though I have a feeling we'll get him over summer rather than winter.

K77SH C
29-12-2005, 10:21
What worries me is that our only defender who is "guaranteed" to carry on playing at the highest level after next season is Nesta. The other 3 positions in our backline are very uncertain. Maldini is still great, but how much longer can he go on. Next season, he could really struggle to start so many games. Cafu is going and leftback is just scary. I dont trust Kaladze, especially if we dont have the right players in the other positions. Serghinio's ok, but again hes getting on. jankulovski isnt even consdidered a left back.

mk18
29-12-2005, 11:58
i tihnk our priority for the winter market should be an attacking RB like oddo or alves or reviellere and even sagnol now that his transfer to juve hit a block. without cafu, the team seems like its missing something. then we should look to buy a CB in order of preference for me: Alex, Chivu, Gallas, De Jong, Barzagli.

mishie
29-12-2005, 12:55
i would agree with chivu as for kaladze i think with a good run in the side thus building up confidence he would be a good player. barzagli to me is a must seen him twice this season and he looks good also bonera might be good enough so i believe there are options have to wait and see i suppose :dcool:

Graeme C
03-03-2006, 11:54
Barzaghi is being linked to us again----- from channel 4

Milan are set to step up their interest in Palermo defender Andrea Barzagli, according to reports in Italy.

The Rossoneri are set to rejuvenate their ageing defence in the summer and a new centre-back is required.

After admitting that Lyon are unlikely to sell Brazilian stopper Cris for a reasonable fee, they have turned their attentions closer to home.

Barzagli has been monitored by the Italian giants for some time and the outfit have received some glowing reports from his international teammates.

The former Chievo stopper is now a regular in Marcello Lippi’s national squad and has impressed the likes of Alessandro Nesta, Andrea Pirlo and Gennaro Gattuso.

Although Palermo chief Maurizio Zamparini has stated in the past that the former Under-21 star is untouchable, Milan are ready to test his resolve.

The Rossoneri are said to be prepared to offer almost £7m for the versatile stopper who can also be used as an emergency full-back.

General director Ariedo Braida is poised to commence talks in an effort to land the ex-Piacenza player.

Milan need defensive reinforcements as Jaap Stam and Alessandro Costacurta are set to leave, while doubts remain over the fitness of Paolo Maldini.

rae
04-03-2006, 06:22
Yup, that's true... if we do not do anything after this season our defence becomes nothing... imagine no Billy, no Stam, maybe no Cafu or even no Paolo :1avs: Geez.. can not think about it without shivering down my spine... Braida shoulda start the HUNT unless even our cousins gonna overtake us next year... Barzagli is the one which would really reignforce our defence... Terlizzi wont be a bad decision too... however I still feel that we are sleepin... or dreamin about something... :5love:

:v46:

Giovanni
04-03-2006, 09:24
Barzagli will be greater than all the players mentioned. He's the potential to become the real Nesta heir. Of course it's just a prediction but i've seen a good share of his games and think he will become world class after a move to a top club, hopefully Milan

He's the best younger defender in Europe at the moment

mrki
04-03-2006, 09:33
Yes, Barzagli has some real power in him, a smart player as well. But simce stam ANDcostacurta will leave us, with Maldini having serious problems, we will need 2 CB's. Barzagli and Alex will be great. With oddo on the right. with those 3 players our defence will be rock solid. I dont think we'll catch Chivu this summer, most likely when Maldini retires.

GRE-NO-LI
04-03-2006, 10:19
I've been paying atention to Barzagli performances in the last months, and I fully agree with the previous posts: we must pick him before one our rivals do it.

hitmannq8
04-03-2006, 13:16
whatever happened to lugano?

Graeme C
04-03-2006, 13:47
hasnt he been injured recently?

GRE-NO-LI
04-03-2006, 14:17
hasnt he been injured recently?

Yes, he is recovering from an injury. BTW: Lugano and Barzagli are my choices as our new CB's.

mk18
13-03-2006, 12:20
still sticking to gallas, oddo and alex

Jim_UK
13-03-2006, 13:16
One established centre-back and one younger centre-back is what we need and if the younger CB were to be Barzagli, i would loan him straight back to Palermo for the season so he can continue getting experience. This would leave us with Nesta, Maldini, New CB (My choice would be Gallas) and Kaladze, who could fill in for us. Should we desperately need him, we can always recall Barzagli from Palermo.

I would then look to getting Grosso/Sorin for left-back and Reveillere for right-back, thus rejuvenating our back-line.

Grosso/Sorin - Gallas - Nesta - Reveillere

Serginho - Maldini - Kaladze - Cafu

Not too bad i don't think :D

BaggioForever
13-03-2006, 20:58
So who knows, maybe a Stam-Nesta-Kaladze-Serginho back 4 is the solution. We will see.

It IS the solution now!! :haha: Good prediction!!

Sweendogs
22-03-2006, 12:37
its sad i know but tribalfootball has on their site that barzagli has signed with milan. I know no chance in hell

Graeme C
22-03-2006, 12:46
calciomercato reported something on this yesterday, they say he has agreed personal terms, but no fee has been agreed...

Egoistka
22-03-2006, 13:02
Barzagli is a very good player. ;) I would be happy to see him in red and black t-shirt:)

_MaJi_tz
22-03-2006, 16:31
this is very very good he is new nesta

kris
23-03-2006, 02:50
Let him go in that sense. He should no longer be a playing option. Time waits for no man, and time has passed him by. We need to start allowing the youngsters a chance to learn on the field, not just in Milanello.

Milan have not lost one single game with Billy on the pitch this year.

sheva-gila
23-03-2006, 09:43
i think we will continue in CB partnership with KALADZE-NESTA if we dont gat any CB next session, we may only sing winger players that is what we need for the moment ecpacially RB .

Milan_Mad
23-03-2006, 17:43
I would be very happy with the singings of Barzagli and Chivu next season

Graeme C
12-04-2006, 04:06
i think we should try and get Barzagli this summer, and then loan him back to palermo for a season until Billy retires? im just getting the feeling that if we dont move soon juve are going to get him...

Jim_UK
12-04-2006, 07:42
Of course Juve will get him, they'll probably also get Pasquale, Grosso and Zaccardo ... all the next set of Italian defenders. We'll still be twiddling our thumbs saying "Oh no, we can't get them, they haven't proven anything and they're too expensive". Lets get a 30 year old on a free transfer instead.

Acmir^
12-04-2006, 15:17
Of course Juve will get him, they'll probably also get Pasquale, Grosso and Zaccardo ... all the next set of Italian defenders. We'll still be twiddling our thumbs saying "Oh no, we can't get them, they haven't proven anything and they're too expensive". Lets get a 30 year old on a free transfer instead.

i wonder the same man i can't understand why??? why we don't go for more youngsters that's the only reason i'm mad to the management

Rando
13-04-2006, 05:37
the problem is milan is faithful to their players while juve always try to get the best players. i thought juve only secured marchionni.
barzagli,bonera,zaccardo,grosso,terlizzi,bovo, p cannavaro are still available.
i hope at least we got one of them, and it is barzagli even though the only source i know about them is from article and comment.

by the way i am impressed with simplicio and amantino mancini.

hwmook
16-04-2006, 01:53

Well, signing a 30+ years old cafu on a free transfer seem to be one of the best deals we have done. While getting another 30+ years old pancaro on a loan deal is also a very good deal. 30+ years old stam also did well when he played. let's be fair, its not the fact that we get these 30+ years old players that is the problem but rather us not getting these good youngsters when they are available.

Josh-Sheva
16-04-2006, 12:48

C'mon, people call our defense the grandpa and you are saying we should get some more? nah lets get some youngsters. Juve can get the ones we mentioned, we'll just have to find different ones.!.!.!. :D :yawn:

SANT
16-04-2006, 12:59
guys, please understand that getting YOUNGSTERS sounds like good thing for the future... but Milan is not a team that needs to rebuild every 10 years... Milan needs players to WIN Champions Leagues, Scudetti, etc. EVERY SINGLE YEAR

Youngsters can do it, EVENTUALLY... we always need players who can do it NOW...
so one at the time, to help the established players... we cant afford to work with a totally new defensive line based on guys who are 25 years old...

BTW, from ESPN yesterday during the Cagliari vs Juve (and the refs), Juve is securing agreements for Barzagli, Zaccardo and Pasqual for next season.

mk18
16-04-2006, 12:59
C'mon, people call our defense the grandpa and you are saying we should get some more? nah lets get some youngsters. Juve can get the ones we mentioned, we'll just have to find different ones.!.!.!. :D :yawn:
hes trying to be sarcastic!

savage_mau
16-04-2006, 15:54
it not only the problem of money n getting a young player. will they we able to appear in Milan first 11? only after Maldini,Stam,cafu , costacurta n simic leave. Milan always tent to go the cheaper way and hardly compete with the like of Real , chelsea or juve in transfer market.

But i have a feeling that next season we will have at lease 2 new defender, a midfield n a stricker. my feeling come after our president lose the prime minister post and he will spend more time n $ on milan.

Rando
17-04-2006, 02:27
actually i am not surprised if milan dont buy any defenders at all this summer especially if we win CL this season. ok most of our defenders are old, but as i said before, age doesnt reflect ability. of course one day the old players have to retire, however probably only costacurta who will retire after next season, while i am sure cafu, maldini, serginho can still keep going for at least 2 more years.
i am sure milan will replace these legendary players slowly but sure.. there is no use rushing to find young replacement players now because they would sit in the bench for a long time... :v408:
if one of simic or jankulovski leave, then of course we have to buy the replacement.

mk18
17-04-2006, 07:23
not buying any defenders this summer is like commiting suicide, theyve done well, but stam is leaving and hes been vital, while we suffered alot early on with the absence of cafu

we need a minimum of 2 defenders, one RB (oddo) and one CB whos versatile (gallas) and having someone like alex could not hurt

Graeme C
17-04-2006, 13:51
im all for trading simic for Terlizzi this summer....

Bosniaco
19-04-2006, 13:52
Lazio is interseted in Trellizi I can't belive that we are not. He is only 5.5 mill. Very good defender