PDA

View Full Version : Crespo back after Germany 2006?

GilAttack [11]
10-01-2006, 10:34
He said he is definetly returning to play in Italy after next year World Cup. So would you taka him back with arms wide open or go for someone younger? He didnt mention any team, so I guess he would play for Milan or Juve or Roma or Inter and so on.

I say bring him back, Carlo knows him very well and Crespo already knows his teammates and proved he can play at Milan.

Thoughts?

GRE-NO-LI
10-01-2006, 13:25
I'm against the return of Crespo, it sounds to me like a step back. We have to rejuvenate the squad, not bring players on the verge of retirement.

Stefan
10-01-2006, 13:35
I agree GRE-NO-LI. He's a good player, but not really a signing for the future. The Vieri situation has showed what can happen when signing older players. Crespo is still a good striker, but I think we can do better.

GRE-NO-LI
10-01-2006, 13:36
That's it, Stefan, we have to look FORWARD, to the rebuilding of the squad with fresh blood.

sam_3
10-01-2006, 14:34
To be honest i would like to have him back after germany but on the condition that inzaghi is sold and replaced by a younger player.

I love pippo and all but i think that crespo is better and gets injured less that pippo.

GRE-NO-LI
10-01-2006, 14:51
Well, if he get back to replace Pippo it sounds fine to me, otherwise it seems like a mistake.

mk18
10-01-2006, 20:07
i would defnatly go for him, age is of no concern to me, its the lack of cover we have thats the problem, we alwas had an old squad and its when we seem to risk it that we are sufferg, by that i mean we are not buying any coverage for our injured players. crespo is proven and hes a warrior, i hope we get him and a young faststriker like bojinov and sell inzaghi now that veri is also gone. but id rather tnk about the defence first

GRE-NO-LI
10-01-2006, 21:44
He's certainly a proven striker, and did well on his brief sojourn with us. But I maintain that we must renew the squad for the years to come, we cannot go on eternally picking veterans.

hwmook
11-01-2006, 07:06
i think a lot of people have no ideas how a good team should be like, keep thinking like they are playing CM.
firstly, never use young and unproven players as reserves. the reserves should be really to step in and perform up to a certain standard and not just to get more practise matches. if you have a brillant young player, you must be really to make him the first 11 and not just keep letting him be the reserves. that is why if we are not prepared to let a young player play for us, we must loan him out to get match practise else he would just become worse. we have gila and sheva as the starting strikers so the reserves must be someone who just step in and do the job when needed, not here to get some practises. i would welcome crespo back. i wonder if you guys still remember how many brillant young strikers we had in the past who never make it in the end, one of the reason is because they spent their time just sitting on the bench. i am strictly against having some young talents as our reserves, either they are here to be in the first 11 within a few months or forget about them.

GRE-NO-LI
11-01-2006, 11:36
I have to say to I'm deeply against having 'untouchable' starters on the squad... why not bring players that could represent a tough competition as starters for Kaka, Gila and Sheva, for instance? To me everyone must fight for his first team position.

hwmook
11-01-2006, 14:49
do you think its easy to challenge kaka, gila and sheva when they keep performing so well? do you think whoever come will even get to start a few matches other than in coppa? if a good and young player like cassano come, do you think he will be willing to sit on the bench when he know that he can also do the job on the field? and if you want to field cassano then who do you bench? and what would you think if you will the one benched? you played well and still have to be benched, do you think you still want to play here? there are so many problems associated with having too many starters on the team. let's not forget that inzaghi is still capable of playing. remember the fact that he scored when he just came back from injury. how do you know that inzaghi is not competing for a place? i am sure he is still eager to play. and what about rui costa? he played well everytime he is called upon. his abilities is already challenging kaka to perform well. and we can see kaka playing better and better everyday. every player on the team is fighting for their places and prove their abilities on the field. you don't need to have players who keep complaining to the press to know that they are fighting for their places.

again, the players we really need is at the back, not front. i would be happy if we can get some good and relative young players for our defense as it would ensure the stability of our defense in coming years.

for those that think you can have a different squad playing every other match then you must still be in dreamland. even chelsea with the largest team in the world play with the same 11 week in week out, do you ever see lampard, makelele, terry, cezh getting dropped? the only position that see different players playing is the strikers as they don't have consistent enough strikers and mourhino just hate crespo even though he keep scoring.

GRE-NO-LI
11-01-2006, 14:59
Unfortunatelly Galliani disagrees with you... "we are fine as we are", said him, just after a game when the performance of our retaguarda was atrocious...

GRE-NO-LI
11-01-2006, 15:06
By the way: do you know that Amoroso is an injury prone player? What do you think about the prospect of having an attacking of 4 players, 2 of them being injury prone?

Kaka1899
12-01-2006, 12:22
What did i say ages ago that crespo may be back sumtime
i say lets go for it although i dont think he would because of gila crespo would have to sit on the bench most matches

Warro Bantan
12-01-2006, 13:16
I like the idea of Hernanīs return, but only if (as has been said) its coupled with:

a) Pipoīs retirement, and
b) the aquisition of Torres!! :D:D:D:D...

Ok, so prerequisite (b) is not likely, but that would be my best case scenario.

GRE-NO-LI
12-01-2006, 17:50
I guess Torres will come in the summer, I simply cannot believe that our board is not thinking about the renew of the squad.

hitmannq8
12-01-2006, 21:12
why do many people think we already signed torres? i dont think it will be that easy getting him..and to tell u the truth, i'd rather we go for other kinds of players like aguero and chevanton..aguero because he has hell alot of potential in him and is kind of versatile, whilst chevanton is a very talented striker who will sign a long-term contract knowing that he will not be a starter

SANT
12-01-2006, 21:19
Agree with hitmannq8...

Gre-no-li... seems like you have a personal thing against the societa...

GRE-NO-LI
12-01-2006, 22:02
Agree with hitmannq8...

Gre-no-li... seems like you have a personal thing against the societa...

Not at all, I LOVE Milan inconditionally, it represents to me everlasting source of both joy and sorrow. But I'm sad with the lack of ambition of the Board, can you allow me to feel that way? :irritate:

GRE-NO-LI
12-01-2006, 22:03
why do many people think we already signed torres? i dont think it will be that easy getting him..and to tell u the truth, i'd rather we go for other kinds of players like aguero and chevanton..aguero because he has hell alot of potential in him and is kind of versatile, whilst chevanton is a very talented striker who will sign a long-term contract knowing that he will not be a starter

Hmmm... people are talking a lot of Aguero in recent times... it seems tha he's an outstanding prospect! And like Chevanton also, he could a great acquiring.

Warro Bantan
13-01-2006, 08:40
GRE-NO-LI....let me weigh in with a few words:

Venting our frustrations is one of the things this forum is for, and who better to vent to than people with an underlying similar intrest...ie Milan?

However, lets try to be optimistic at least some of the time, or at worst, pragmatic (like myself for instance), rather than coming across as being totally pessimistic, and anti-Milan (well obviously in your case, only insofar as the board aka "the suits" are concerned.

What I realised early on as a fan of a big club is that they (ie the suits, aka the board) will do things that surprise, shock, and dismay me, but all that is erased, eclipsed, and forgotten when I see San Paolo lifting some silverware...

Let go of your frustrations with Galliani et al...they are the decision makers, and while we dont have to agree with every decision they make...we have to realise that they do make the decisions, that the players, the admin people, the coaching staff, and yes, us the fans have to live with.

We do have a choice however, (though to most it isnt a real option), which is to tell Galliani to kiss our a**, and decide to support...I dunno..Juve or Inter....

The point is, that while we tend to disagree with many of the decisions the suits make, we all love and support Milan. Yes, vent your spleen when Uncle Festor (aka Galliani) makes an imbecelic move like paying Vieri 2M pounds per goal...but limit the venom to a post or two...dont let it be the central theme of all your posts...

GRE-NO-LI
13-01-2006, 12:24
I guess you are right, Warro, and I want to apologize for being so bitter and angry on the majority of my posts... well, I love Milan very much, and always the best players playing for our beloved side, but of course I 'm just a humble fan that could do nothing for the club, just like all of us, with the certainly valuable exception of our passion. Henceforth, I will try to be more positive-minded.

Warro Bantan
13-01-2006, 14:19
I guess you are right, Warro, and I want to apologize for being so bitter and angry on the majority of my posts... well, I love Milan very much, and always the best players playing for our beloved side, but of course I 'm just a humble fan that could do nothing for the club, just like all of us, with the certainly valuable exception of our passion. Henceforth, I will try to be more positive-minded.

Apology, (though unnecessary) is accepted GRE-NO-LI...and believe me, I have been accused as you have been, in the past, of being a cry-baby pessimist extraordinaire...but, you will learn, as I have in the past, to have a finger very near the delete button...more than half of my posts have felt the effects of the delete button prior to final submission..sometimes I even write them in word, then copy and paste, so I dont have to edit a post in retrospect.

We all share a blind passion for Milan, and all of us have our own ideas as to how to make the club into a world beater...but since none of us here(that I know of) is either a close confidant of Berlu, Galliani et al, or has Berlusconi as a last name, we are confined to venting on this, and other such sites...

But in closing, let me say this...unbridled optimisim is almost as bad!!

GRE-NO-LI
13-01-2006, 15:10
Well, and our so called pessimism is certainly better than think that our board is gifted with infalibality... :)

mk18
13-01-2006, 19:18
ohhh weve all been through that, i was definatly one, warro was before me it seems, recently there was a big flock of 'pessimests' headed by non other than my buddy hitmanq8 who by the way i have to admit that i respect the way he has changed his way of thinking recently... dont worry man the list goes on and on and on... its just better to change early on than later because other than discussing milan, you make 'cyber friends' here and being a pessimest can never help :D

relax and have a good time here man!