PDA

View Full Version : Winter Mercato

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

Tony29.
21-07-2007, 09:52
They're calling the Barcelona team now the 'Fantastic Four'
This is the main reason why all 4 of them "will" stay in Barcelona. It's not a matter of does Barcelona need all of them, it never was. Of course, one of them is a luxury and they don't need all of them, but what if , in terms of marketing, they sell one of them ? What will they get compared to last year ? Nothing.... they'll only replace a star with a star and it won't be nothing new and special !
But having all 4 of them, having a brand called " Fantastic Four" , having a Galactico team will do miracles, maybe not on the field , but off the field it will be unseen mania.
You do know what Real did and how much money Real got during Figo-Zidane-Beckham-Ronaldo era.The same thing will happen here. Maybe Barcelona won't win much, maybe nothing at all, but we should have realized by now that football became more of a bussiness than it is a sport.
If i was a sponsor or if i want to advertise my product i'd have no doubts about where to invest my money....fantastic four, the latest hit in European football.

Graeme C
21-07-2007, 10:00
They're calling the Barcelona team now the 'Fantastic Four' at least they've made Rijkaard's job much easier now. Im saying this now and will be saying this till the last day of the transfer market - forget Eto, R10 we need to concentrate on other players such as Villa. At this rate I would of preferred if we kept RO, no matter how bad he was.

why are you happy to have unchieving players taking up valuable squad space? why would you want to keep RO?

he was one of our worst signings.. I would have loved Tomasson or even Jose Mari to come back over him. Pure desperation. And if we dont make a move soon we are going to have a repeat of that.

If Milan cant get players better than Oliviera then something seriously has to change with Galliani and co. I dont think Galliani has enough drive, we have the potential to win trophies every season. But the transfers are holding us back, thus lack of depth to squad and player injuries hold us back. Last 3/4 years each season we havent entirely been solving our problems, just adding to them. If we only get a striker now next season we will need -

a Decent left back, youthful right back ( to replace cafu), a youthful center back (if Maldini retires), a tall defensive holding midfielder (diarra, burusso mold), a creative sub playmaker for pirlo.

Which would be too much for Galliani to handle. Yeah i agree drop the eto and Ronaldinho chase..There are other players arround. Baptista? who? no more Brazilians please! he would just be a clone of Oliviera with us... Rossi, Quagliarella would cost arround the same amount, there wages most likely would be lower.

R9naldo
21-07-2007, 10:03
just wanted to say that it feels great being part of milanmania....personally I enjoy reading the posts...many wise people here.

Jim_UK
21-07-2007, 10:04
You do know what Real did and how much money Real got during Figo-Zidane-Beckham-Ronaldo era

Indeed. Beckham alone made Madrid something like £315 million in the time he was there and i suspect Ronaldo's figure was probably something equally mind blowing.

The Fantastic Four huh? Well Messi would have to be 'The Thing' as he's quite stocky and podgy. I think Ronaldinho has to be 'Mr Fantastic' as he seems to bend and stretch his legs into all sorts of contortions to do his flicks & tricks. Etoo would be 'The Human Torch' as he's kind of speedy and a bit of a hot head. Which leaves Henry as the 'Invisible Woman', which is quite apt as he's just got a divorce :grinser:

R9naldo
21-07-2007, 10:09
from my point of view barca is being smart by keeping all 4 of them because that way they will have one entire season to try them all and maybe at the end of the season sell the least effective one for a decent amount of money

Ghost
21-07-2007, 10:11
why are you happy to have unchieving players taking up valuable squad space? why would you want to keep RO?

He had a pretty good start to the season and then just kind of dipped in form, a reason for this could be with the personal issues. However it was his first season and I think we were a little bit harsh on him - a players is better than no player.

The Fantastic Four huh? Well Messi would have to be 'The Thing' as he's quite stocky and podgy. I think Ronaldinho has to be 'Mr Fantastic' as he seems to bend and stretch his legs into all sorts of contortions to do his flicks & tricks. Etoo would be 'The Human Torch' as he's kind of speedy and a bit of a hot head. Which leaves Henry as the 'Invisible Woman', which is quite apt as he's just got a divorce :grinser:

lol!! Legend

Hasan Rossonero
21-07-2007, 10:39
I don't think our management has any intention of moving on from Ronaldinho and Eto'o.

They called the Barca front 4 that as soon as Henry signed. I don't know how smart Laporta is, but I do know that while he may be obsessed with promoting the Barca brand--for which Barca fans chastise Real--he will consider the impact of having 4 players in attack.

Our management is trying to land one of these two players, and that is their top priority. That doesn't mean they aren't working on other players. If on September 1st, we haven't signed anyone, I will happily reproach our management.

zlatanov
21-07-2007, 10:40
:ilol: :grinser:

@Tony:

regarding the "legendary Real" though, they might have won a ton of money but the Zidane-R9-Figo-Beckham foursome didn't win almost anything on the field - bar one Spanish title in 2003 in a year when they lacked decent opposition anyway - and fell well short of their tests in Europe.

In fact, Figo lasted only 2 years (his worst and most anonymous period in a Real M shirt, something that could be said about Raul too), in that high-ego environment before he ran away to Inter.
Ronaldo joined Real M in summer of 2002, Beckham a year later in 2003 and by then the great Real M team of Zidane, Figo, Raul (a fantasic 3, not 4) had already won most of it's trophies and was past that "galactico" period, at least when it came to on-the-field results.

Curiously enough, the slump in success was associated both with the firing of Del Bosque (Rijkaard seems like the weak spot in Barca's team) and the sale of utility players like Makelele and before that Redondo, who were replaced by superstars like Beckham and whatnot and that destroyed the harmony of the team as a whole, both in the dressing room and on the field.

So, Barca with the Fantastic four may get some cash in the treasury but would have to set a precedent if they hope to create an all-conquering team from a set of stars becuase Real M didn't do that - not only did they fail to win on the field but those stars spend the worst period in their careers when they were playing together on the same team as they seemed to step on each other's toes more than complement one another.
When that happens, the playing style of the whole team suffers and it is anything but entertaining let alone successful.

Giorgos
21-07-2007, 11:27
Indeed. Beckham alone made Madrid something like £315 million in the time he was there and i suspect Ronaldo's figure was probably something equally mind blowing.

Come on Jim, i wanted to ask who will be the invisible woman? :grinser:

However your giving of roles was perfect, they suit to them in a great way :grinser: .

About the dif with Real is that Galactikos sold Makelele and this was a big point of view. Zidan, other, Beckham, Figo, no one of the three was marking. From this time on Madrid started to have big deffensive problems....

In contrast if Barca will play with 4-4-2 , R10 will go on left, Messi at right, Eto'o and Henry in front and Xavi and another one will mark in the MF. However it is possible that will be problem in defense because at the wingers nobody will mark at mf.

Graeme C
21-07-2007, 11:32
Come on Jim, i wanted to ask who will be the invisible woman? :grinser:

However your giving of roles was perfect, they suit to them in a great way :grinser: .

About the dif with Real is that Galactikos sold Makelele and this was a big point of view. Zidan, other, Beckham, Figo, no one of the three was marking. From this time on Madrid started to have big deffensive problems....

In contrast if Barca will play with 4-4-2 , R10 will go on left, Messi at right, Eto'o and Henry in front and Xavi and another one will mark in the MF. However it is possible that will be problem in defense because at the wingers nobody will mark at mf.

yeah with zambrotta pushing forward aswell. That leaves Barca kinda open at the back.

rosoneri_11
21-07-2007, 11:57
Well i have lost one week of sport news as i went for holidasy for one week.
So, how we are going?We are intersted for Eto or for Dinho?
Some other names that we are interested?

Vadim
21-07-2007, 11:58
Don't forget that in Barca they still have Deco and Iniesta, I rate the latter very highly. I don't see how both of them will fit into this formation, and I can't see them on the bench too much either. And this has been said before (Tony?), but with all of the offensive firepower Barca now have its hard to imagine Rijkaard using his fullbacks to attack down the wings. Zambrotta :heart:

Tony29.
21-07-2007, 11:58
According to Barcelona based newspaper "El Mundo Deportivo" , Julio Baptista will probably sign for Milan for 15m euro but there is a chance Villareal to be the team where JB will play next season. Villareal is ready to offer up to 10m euro and to include Juan Figger in the deal, to lower the price.

--------------
Honestly, i think Julio Baptista is not "Milan material". Villareal will be perfect for someone like him.

Giorgos
21-07-2007, 12:00
The same names that interested us before you go on holidays. In our country the mass media support that we have already signed Pato but the matter is if he will join us now or at January....

rosoneri_11
21-07-2007, 12:03
The same names that interested us before you go on holidays. In our country the mass media support that we have already signed Pato but the matter is if he will join us now or at January....

Yes! :diablo: I just read it from our greek sites! :str: Can we trust them? :nervous:

hany.Egypt
21-07-2007, 12:08
According to Barcelona based newspaper "El Mundo Deportivo" , Julio Baptista will probably sign for Milan for 15m euro but there is a chance Villareal to be the team where JB will play next season. Villareal is ready to offer up to 10m euro and to include Juan Figger in the deal, to lower the price.
This must be a nightmare, discussing how can we grap Dinho ,Etoo, Drogba and Pato and then ends with Julio Baptista,Nah thsi must be a silly joke.

he can shot or pass or dribble, or cross and what's more he is Non EU player which means we wont get any big names this year.
Galiani you are IDIOT

Kaka--7thUCL
21-07-2007, 12:09
Come on, Kaka--7thUCL, Emerson is definitely not the man to replace Seedorf!!! First and foremost, both are about the same age, have different functions on the midfield and Seedorf is an overwhelmingly superior footballer, one can't evem compare him to Emerson in terms of creativity, inteligence, firepower, positioning, etc., etc., etc. Furthermore, we already have a replacement for the dutchman: Yoann Gourcuff, who's perfectly suitable for the job. What we need is to 1) reshufle the retaguard 2) sign a great forward and 3) add another creative force to help Kaka.

That said, I would go for: Barzagli, Zambrotta, Dinhor OR Quagliarella OR Giuseppe Rossi, Pato. I guess, indeed, that we could field something the following lineup next season:

Dida

Oddo
Nesta
One of Barzagli / Bonera / Kaladze
Zambrotta

Gattuso
Pirlo
Gourcuff OR Seedorf
Kaká

Dinho OR Quagliarella OR Giuseppe Rossi
Pato

A VERY VERY good lineup, if you ask me.

I fully agree on that, just saying, I'd accept emerson

Hasan Rossonero
21-07-2007, 12:11
It says Berlu may be ready to pay the buy-out clause for Ronaldinho:

http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/index.php?action=read&id=68520

This one says Milan may be ready to go for Cannavaro. It seems Schuster is not completely convinced:

http://www.tgcom.mediaset.it/controcampo/calciomercato.shtml

----

The second scenario is obviously more believable. I would LOVE for Canna to come to Milan. He is a player who has kept himself fit, and IMO, after Nesta, is the best defender in the world.

Oddo-Nesta-Canna-Janku would be an awesome partnership. We could then use Maldini (injury, age etc.) and Kaladze as a sub.

zlatanov
21-07-2007, 12:13
Well i have lost one week of sport news as i went for holidasy for one week.
So, how we are going?We are intersted for Eto or for Dinho?
Some other names that we are interested?
bye, bye Joannis :kap:

:grinser:

I think the Julio baptista rumour is a reshuffle of that wild guessing-frenzy the media started several days ago when Galliani "innocently" dropped his 5-name list with a 6th heart-stopper in stand-by too :diablo:

Personally, I wouldn't mind a Julio Baptista given that we'd have Ronaldo, Gila, and Pippo too ... as long as we get Mancini to add spead to attacking midfield/attack and/or secure Pato for later on.

Baptista is decent in attack, not great but pretty decent, but I think his best attribute is his universality as he can play as attacking mid and even a holding mid ala Emerson/Gilberto Silva if necessary ... 15 mil would be pushing it though given his failure to settle at Real M, his rather average season at Arsenal and the fact that he is 2 years older than the time when Real paid 20 mil for him as one of the top attackers in Spain at the time.

hany.Egypt
21-07-2007, 12:14
hope its true and we buy Canna, at least as some kind of compansation for signing Baptista

remote2book
21-07-2007, 12:14
soo.....iam watching the byren vs bremen match...and all i gotta is how stupid are we to miss out on a guy like ribery he has 2 goals...and byren look like an amazing team with amazing chemistary...and they are missing luca toni as well...and yet here we are signed no1.....

ThrusT
21-07-2007, 12:15
It says Berlu may be ready to pay the buy-out clause for Ronaldinho:

http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/index.php?action=read&id=68520

This one says Milan may be ready to go for Cannavaro. It seems Schuster is not completely convinced:

http://www.tgcom.mediaset.it/controcampo/calciomercato.shtml

----

The second scenario is obviously more believable. I would LOVE for Canna to come to Milan. He is a player who has kept himself fit, and IMO, after Nesta, is the best defender in the world.

Oddo-Nesta-Canna-Janku would be an awesome partnership. We could then use Maldini (injury, age etc.) and Kaladze as a sub.
For me the first scenario is more believable, if we are going to get Dinho off of Barca I think the only way to do it is to pay the clause.

As for Canna, he would do our defence good, he's the best marker in the world.But I just can't see him coming to Milan.

Bosniaco
21-07-2007, 12:24

--------------
Honestly, i think Julio Baptista is not "Milan material". Villareal will be perfect for someone like him.
Gettting JB is like another RO Scenario. Avrage player for fricken 15 mil thats horse****. Get Rossi for 10 mil and he is only 20 yrs old.

Giorgos
21-07-2007, 12:30
Yes! :diablo: I just read it from our greek sites! :str: Can we trust them? :nervous:

I belong to them , f...ng Greek massmedia but at the foriegn news we are much better than the co from Italy, Spain et.c....

Giorgos
21-07-2007, 12:31
Gettting JB is like another RO Scenario. Avrage player for fricken 15 mil thats horse****. Get Rossi for 10 mil and he is only 20 yrs old.

With 15 get back Sheva, everybody vote for Sheva, Shevamania.... :5ok:

hany.Egypt
21-07-2007, 12:33
guys sorry for off topic, but , I want to know whether any body has read this
http://www.milanmania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22995

Vadim
21-07-2007, 12:35
Its been taken care of.

hany.Egypt
21-07-2007, 12:39
Vadim when I try to refresh the page this message appear(No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the webmaster) what does this mean.
Have you deleted the Thread??

Vadim
21-07-2007, 12:41
Yes. And I banned that guy.

hany.Egypt
21-07-2007, 12:43
Ok that's fine

Tony29.
21-07-2007, 12:46
Yes. And I banned that guy.
What was that about :zany:

rosoneri_11
21-07-2007, 12:50
bye, bye Joannis :kap:

I think the Julio baptista rumour is a reshuffle of that wild guessing-frenzy the media started several days ago when Galliani "innocently" dropped his 5-name list with a 6th heart-stopper in stand-by too :diablo:

Personally, I wouldn't mind a Julio Baptista given that we'd have Ronaldo, Gila, and Pippo too ... as long as we get Mancini to add spead to attacking midfield/attack and/or secure Pato for later on.

Baptista is decent in attack, not great but pretty decent, but I think his best attribute is his universality as he can play as attacking mid and even a holding mid ala Emerson/Gilberto Silva if necessary ... 15 mil would be pushing it though given his failure to settle at Real M, his rather average season at Arsenal and the fact that he is 2 years older than the time when Real paid 20 mil for him as one of the top attackers in Spain at the time.

Hey Zlat! Mate you remember my Gkeek name? Cool! :grinser:

As for the ZB case, i was a fun of that player when he was playing for Seville.But when he went at Real M. until now he looks like a differnet player,he has lost his form. I would prefer Nasri instead of him.
That guy Nasri is only 19 and i think he can be a great player for Milan.
As for Mancini.I'm a big fan of that player.When i read (today) that we are interested for him that news maked me very happy.But i think that Inter is more interested for him because Figo will leave at the end of he season and they are interested on him as his replacement.Do we have chances to sign that player?Does anyone have any link that Gali or Carlo says that they like that player?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would like to see us signing this summer Pato,Eto,Mancini,Nasri.

hany.Egypt
21-07-2007, 12:53
What was that about :zany:
Its a stupid Juventino :grinser: saying things like Juve has come again to f**k Milan and lots of thing about Del Piero kicking Maldini's ass etc

Tony29.
21-07-2007, 12:57
Its a stupid Juventino :grinser: saying things like Juve has come again to f**k Milan and lots of thing about Del Piero kicking Maldini's ass etc
Lol, you should have kept him for a while Vadim .....to see if i could have recognized who he is (in case he's in juventuz.com)

Giorgos
21-07-2007, 13:01
Hey Zlat! Mate you remember my Gkeek name? Cool! :grinser:

As for the ZB case, i was a fun of that player when he was playing for Seville.But when he went at Real M. until now he looks like a differnet player,he has lost his form. I would prefer Nasri instead of him.
That guy Nasri is only 19 and i think he can be a great player for Milan.
As for Mancini.I'm a big fan of that player.When i read (today) that we are interested for him that news maked me very happy.But i think that Inter is more interested for him because Figo will leave at the end of he season and they are interested on him as his replacement.Do we have chances to sign that player?Does anyone have any link that Gali or Carlo says that they like that player?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would like to see us signing this summer Pato,Eto,Mancini,Nasri.

Mancini is a great player i agree, but how can we play with Manc? :5ok:

hany.Egypt
21-07-2007, 13:01
Yes he is and his name is zao20061

Giorgos
21-07-2007, 13:03
You guys can anybody say to me how you can find the url of a person at internet?

Tony29.
21-07-2007, 13:03
Btw, Hasan, don't trust Roberto Omini , the guy from Corierre dello sport ( who wrote the article about Cannavaro in Tgcom) .
He has a different story about the same players every second day. He's "selling" them to a different club with every next article.
I was trying to find more articles but i failed. Still, i found this article from July 3rd where he explains why Canna will join Juve :
http://www.tgcom.mediaset.it/controcampo/articoli/articolo368843.shtml

He does this all the time and his theories suck !

rosoneri_11
21-07-2007, 13:04
Mancini is a great player i agree, but how can we play with Manc? :5ok:

I don't know Giorgos! :grinser: I only know from the news that we are interested to sign him! Let carlo to solve that problem! :grinser:

Giorgos
21-07-2007, 13:08
An interesting story....

Adriano: My alcohol nightmare

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jul21f.html

Adriano has revealed the reason for his excessive partying and how Massimo Moratti helped him out of this nightmare. “I will repay Inter.”

Once considered potentially the greatest striker in the world, the last two years have seen L’Imperatore spend more time making headlines in the gossip columns than the sport section.

“I miss my father so much. He died in the summer of 2004, but it seemed as if my mind only registered his absence some time later,” he explained to the ‘Gazzetta dello Sport.’

“I hadn’t seen him die, so when I returned to Italy to play, it felt like in a certain sense he was still here with us. I started suffering when I went to Brazil for my holidays. He wasn’t there and I so wanted to be with him.”

That was the start of a spiral that took Adriano further and further away from a stable home life, something he in fact craved.

“I argued with my girlfriend Daniela, who was expecting my son, and started to go to nightclubs and bars. Above all I tried to wash away all my problems with alcohol.

“I drank a lot and couldn’t help go out at night. I had to, otherwise I couldn’t sleep at all. It became impossible for me to stay at home. I felt so alone.”

The Brazilian fell badly out of form, gained weight and was excluded from the Nerazzurri side after a row with Coach Roberto Mancini.

He seemed set to leave Inter for Real Madrid, but President Moratti never lost faith in his favourite hitman.

“I looked into my son’s eyes on his birthday and all the clouds disappeared. I realised we had to get back together and be a family again. Today I have rediscovered my family, my girlfriend and my responsibilities,” continued Adriano.

“This is what gives me the certainty I can give back to Moratti everything I took away from him in this period. I must thank him for the patience he had with me.

“It is wonderful to know that, especially in the most difficult moments, your President still counts on you. He was at times tough with me, but never let me feel alone. I will repay him, not just with goals, but with effort, hard work and sweat.”

rosoneri_11
21-07-2007, 13:09
Some crazy news! :dstup:

From:http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jul21m.html

Milan's £84m Ronaldinho bid

Saturday 21 July, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are reports in the Italian media that Milan President Silvio Berlusconi is ready to pay Ronaldinho’s £84m buy-out clause......................

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

That story is making me crazy again! :dstup:

Hasan Rossonero
21-07-2007, 13:11
Yes he is and his name is zao20061

Mancini's name is zao20061? :D

Giorgos
21-07-2007, 13:12
I read it a few minutes ago i don't want Dinho. Eto'o would be ideal if we want to take someone of Barca...

Hasan Rossonero
21-07-2007, 13:15
Some crazy news! :dstup:

From:http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jul21m.html

Milan's £84m Ronaldinho bid

Saturday 21 July, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are reports in the Italian media that Milan President Silvio Berlusconi is ready to pay Ronaldinho’s £84m buy-out clause......................

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

That story is making me crazy again! :dstup:

Don't go crazy because it's probably not true.

Ghost
21-07-2007, 13:26
To be honest for that type of money we should be able to get R10, Eto & Henry.

drucurl
21-07-2007, 13:35

Yip....all the R9 Real Madrid Jerseys are sold out in Trinidad....Ronaldinho would be an equally massive cash cow...however therein lies a tale......Ronaldo has in effect inflicted massive blows to Nike by enriching their sponsor......could you imagine the backlash if Ronaldinho begins to sell Adidas jerseys...it would be scandalous....I doubt Nike would EVER consider letting their posterboy wear the brand of their biggest rival every week

drucurl
21-07-2007, 13:36
Seeing as how my point was seemingly dismantled by your annoyance of having to 'dig' up old facts again Zlatanov. Lets see how well our squad copes if Kaka has a major injury. After all, he was the one main reason, if not THE reason, we got to the CL final. So Sant can sit there saying where was Lugano, Torres, etc, on the date of the final, but where would our players be if it wasn't for Kaka?

I still stand by my point that when compared to ours, Man Utd's squad is more capable of coping with losses to big name players. Which will be strengthened further if they secure Tevez.

What have we done to strengthen our squad? We signed Ba. A player who was hopeless at our club the first time around, so goodness knows what we can expect from him now. However, maybe he will surprise me and i will say good for him if he does.

The point though is while many here expressed their doubts over the form of Serginho & Cafu as they get older and come back from injury, as Inzaghi & Ambrosini carry on spending more time injured than playing football and with Ronaldo still being a bit of an unknown quantity, where the reinforcements that we need? This goes without mentioning the poor performances players offered last season, most notably Gilardino & Seedorf (and where the Dutchman's concerned, i'm sorry but a handful of decent games in an entire season should not justify his place in the starting 11).

I find it difficult to believe our squad is strong enough to compete successfully on multiple fronts. Not strengthening only wastes the peak years of the star players we do have.
:respect: :respect: :respect: :respect: :respect: :respect: :respect: :respect: :respect: :respect:

Ghost
21-07-2007, 13:40
Yip....all the R9 Real Madrid Jerseys are sold out in Trinidad....Ronaldinho would be an equally massive cash cow...however therein lies a tale......Ronaldo has in effect inflicted massive blows to Nike by enriching their sponsor......could you imagine the backlash if Ronaldinho begins to sell Adidas jerseys...it would be scandalous....I doubt Nike would EVER consider letting their posterboy wear the brand of their biggest rival every week

Well our deal does run out with Adidas next year - maybe they have come up with some sort of agreement with Nike. If Nike get to sponser Milan next year then R10 can be ours. After reading the R10 article on Channel 4 I have a feeling Laporta & Berlusconi might be working together - this way Laporta wont get terrorised by the Barca fans.

Graeme C
21-07-2007, 13:48

I completely agree with you. £10 mill for rossi is better than spending £15 on Baptista. Another Brazilian who is unproven in Italy.

£84 million on Ronaldinho is such a waste. I could reinforce the squad for less than £40. £84 mill on 1 player doesnt guarantee us winnning anything.

Graeme C
21-07-2007, 13:52
Well our deal does run out with Adidas next year - maybe they have come up with some sort of agreement with Nike. If Nike get to sponser Milan next year then R10 can be ours. After reading the R10 article on Channel 4 I have a feeling Laporta & Berlusconi might be working together - this way Laporta wont get terrorised by the Barca fans.

i like our adidas sponcer stuff. Kaka is a adidas boy, cant see them being to happy if we get nike in a couple of years. So it works both ways.

Hasan Rossonero
21-07-2007, 13:59
I could be wrong, but I am pretty certain that Nike did a bunch of ads with Ronaldo in the build-up to the World Cup. Ronaldo wore Adidas at Real, and he wears Adidas now.

I know the Brazilian national team wears Nike, so maybe it's a different degree of rights at club level. I am honestly just speculating.

hitmannq8
21-07-2007, 14:39
Milan have been with Adidas and will continue with Adidas. They will not change to Nike just to get Ronaldinho, it doesn't make sense. If they were crazy enough to do that, then by your guys' logic is that Kaka might be pushed out of Milan because he is sponsored by Adidas.

Ronaldinho's first comments in a long time were just saying he is happy with the new arrivals and wants to play with them next year. He mentioned nothing about Milan. Milan have a good relationship with Ronaldinho's agent, so if they were to go for the buy-out clause then they would probably know in advance that he is going to accept. The fact the Milan are still trying for Ronaldinho shows that Ronaldinho wants Milan (because his agent has probably told our management). What they are trying to work out is how to deal with Barca, and how to save face for Laporta and Ronaldinho if he leaves.

drucurl
21-07-2007, 15:27
I could be wrong, but I am pretty certain that Nike did a bunch of ads with Ronaldo in the build-up to the World Cup. Ronaldo wore Adidas at Real, and he wears Adidas now.

I know the Brazilian national team wears Nike, so maybe it's a different degree of rights at club level. I am honestly just speculating.
I know this but the main jersey that fans buy are the club jerseys.... Adidas ws able to profit from this because Real is sponsored by Adidas however I think nike still collects a commission for their players and vice versa

Blacktop
21-07-2007, 15:47
I could be wrong, but I am pretty certain that Nike did a bunch of ads with Ronaldo in the build-up to the World Cup.
Yep, it was that idiotic "Joga Bonito" ad campaign, which soon had Nike wiping the egg off their faces after Brazil (and Ronaldo) crashed and burned in last year's WC.

prifess
21-07-2007, 16:29
lets keep to the fact:

-milan will always wear adidas. our golden boy will always wear adidas. (if not at milan perhaps in 3years at real)

-spending 84mil pounds on R10 is a waste, because berlu could buy 5 players that could REALLy strenghten our team up.

and BTW i like schweinsteiger more then R10, he fights, got amazing shot, dribbels, team player, he defence 2.
the new KAMPSCHWEIN (marc wilmots)

-and we won't sign major signings this year (like every year)

ThrusT
21-07-2007, 16:40
lets keep to the fact:

-milan will always wear adidas. our golden boy will always wear adidas. (if not at milan perhaps in 3years at real)

-spending 84mil pounds on R10 is a waste, because berlu could buy 5 players that could REALLy strenghten our team up.

and BTW i like schweinsteiger more then R10, he fights, got amazing shot, dribbels, team player, he defence 2.

Great summary. :zany:
I agree with you on every point, except for Schweini.
But that's more a personal thing I guess.

Any news regarding any of our targets?

Hasan Rossonero
21-07-2007, 16:43
lets keep to the fact:

I disagree on every point except point two. And even the agreement there is not that strong.

prifess
21-07-2007, 16:44
no not really
baptista, r10, pato and Quagliarella

no defender is comming seems to me :|

and btw what has every1 against baptista? he is good for a rotation scheme IMHO.
what if ronaldo is injured? we only got inzaghi then because it will be rondalo +gila in attack. baptista can play AMC and STRIKER so what is problem. rossi won't come, he would like to go to parma.

Kaka--7thUCL
21-07-2007, 16:44
Looks like the Ronaldinho rumors are back at full blast, hopefully this time a deal falls through and we finally sign him.

prifess
21-07-2007, 16:48
on this forum their are 2 kinds of persons

1) u like everything the board does, even when they aren't buying anything and therefore destroying and not securing the future of the club

2) players that want the best for milan. that disagree on a certain level. persons like me that want to stand up and tell berlu, galliani they doing the wrong things...
i don't want to say they are incomptetent because berluc has saved us many times. just perhaps a new fresh person in the board should rise and stand up to take some new discissions.

prifess
21-07-2007, 16:51
Looks like the Ronaldinho rumors are back at full blast, hopefully this time a deal falls through and we finally sign him.

wel i don't see R10 as a bad transfer. but what if barca sells R10:
they got 84mil pounds in their pockets + got rid of and 27+ year ol dplayer + got best talents: messi, bojan, iniesta, dos santos

hmmmm good deal for barca IMO + with 84mil€ they secure their future with buying new big signings

u guys only thinnk about 1 side of the story

prifess
21-07-2007, 16:52
i rather want to sign messi for 84mil€ then R10

Kaka--7thUCL
21-07-2007, 16:53
Even with playing R10 and Kaka supporting one striker, what if Ronaldo gets injured, and not to be bashing Gila but, he's inconsistent, we need another consistent striker to fill in for Ronaldo, and Gila to be sub. I think we should get Pato now instead of sometime in January just to make sure our attack stays at its top. I also think that Quagliarella would be a great purchase, IMO our best option would be to buy Pato lease him to a club, much like we did with Oliveira, and buy Quagliarella aswell, so we'd be seeing how Pato is doing while having our attack at full force. Newais. With the whole R10 thing, he'd be a great signing .. Especially if we play him and kaka supporting 1 striker it would be a massive forward trio of brazilians. I like this idea. and Prifess for defense it seems we're heavily linked with canna now, hopefully he arrives, no matter his age, he's in good form and he will do great at milan. Him and nesta are top 2 imo. Rossi's arrival, like you said, doesn't look to promising anymore, hopefully he doesnt go to Parma :s and decides to come to Milan instead, we'd fully rejuvinate our squad, and we'd only need to replace dida, hardest part, i say go for Landreau or amelia :o

Kaka--7thUCL
21-07-2007, 16:53
I know, as top club in Europe, 84m + all there amazing players they have now, threatens our top spot in europe.. big time

Kaka--7thUCL
21-07-2007, 16:56
I still don't get this one thing. Milan is going for R10 and many other strikers, let's say we get someone like.. Eto'o or Shevchenko, who would cost alot less then R10, wouldnt we have like 50m+ euros still to spend on other players? Yet milan wants to get 1 striker and leave it at that..

prifess
21-07-2007, 17:01
i want 84mil pounds for messi and don't come with the rubbish of him being unproven.

wow canna is big signing :s NOT, thay will pay heavily for a 30+year old player AGAIN.
love how things are going. get barzagli for 10mil€ and we are safe.

rather see 20mil€ on schweinsteiger, pato, barzagli, kerlon, sissoko, rossi(roma), raul garica, aguero ,...

Kaka--7thUCL
21-07-2007, 17:05
Well apparently, Berlusconi has an obsession with brazilian attack and italian defense, so let's be real huh? It's not like its possible for us to sign all the young and promising players anyways.

Hasan Rossonero
21-07-2007, 17:06
I think there are two types of people on this forum:

1) Those who play a lot of football video games or concoct fantamercato scenarios. Then when those scenarios don't materialize they become hysterical and curse our management and their indolence.

2) Those who understand that football is about signing people who won't upset the balance of the current team, be useful in positions they are needed in, and give it their all.

Prifess you bring up some good points, but Dinho would also be a commercial behemoth. While it would line the pockets of our European rivals, trust me, his shirt sales will more than compensate. If, IF, of course, he comes.

Kaka--7thUCL
21-07-2007, 17:07
Half of them wont get playing time 1/4 will probably end out failures, 2 of them will end up good if we're lucky 1 great. And judging by the current age we are buying players at, we're interested in the fully proven ones :S Messi is indeed fully proven but they wont let messi go newais they'd rather let ronaldinho go trust me on that one.

Hasan Rossonero
21-07-2007, 17:07
Well apparently, Berlusconi has an obsession with brazilian attack and italian defense, so let's be real huh? It's not like its possible for us to sign all the young and promising players anyways.

:respect: :5ok: :1five: :p017: :djn:

Kaka--7thUCL
21-07-2007, 17:08
I think r10 will equal out to the money we're paying for him. Like hasan said, shirt sales, and then theres him as an actual player who would strengthen our attack

prifess
21-07-2007, 17:09
no but we can try by signing 1 or 2. well i would like to say this. i would be happy, verry happy, i would be signing in the rain :d IF we would buy pato.

that's all i wish and not to spend it all on R10. just pato and if their exists a god , perhaps a young defender.

i know i should not say such thing about involving god but it is just a mather of speaking. so no hard feelings.

Kaka--7thUCL
21-07-2007, 17:11
Fully agree on that post. Just like to disagree on the whole r10 thing, he's a great player, if we sign him I'll be more then content, but yeah, Pato and Barzagli would probably make me even more happier..

prifess
21-07-2007, 17:12
I think r10 will equal out to the money we're paying for him. Like hasan said, shirt sales, and then theres him as an actual player who would strengthen our attack

well i said that so go back in posts and i said that. but still u need to LOOK both sides of the story.

barca GETS 84mil€ and still has amazing squad withoud R10

prifess
21-07-2007, 17:16
i dont know about R10 i don't even care anymore, it is all about R10 if they buy em we can't block it. it is just sad.

i can't fully say it is bad signing just i think about the side of barca. they would be happy IMO

prob buy christiano ronaldo with the amount of money

---------
off topic: well tomorrow i am on vacation so guys of TYPE 1 ( those who just like the way the board does everything) won't see me on the forum for a week, whining about our transfer policy :)

hopefully when i come back i see our first singing :) :5chore:

Giorgos
21-07-2007, 17:32
While you were speaking about Dinho, i watched Werder -Bayern Munchen 1-4, with Ribery playing great, scoring also while also Ze Roberto was good enough. So i pull my hair how we missed at least the French one....

Tony29.
21-07-2007, 17:35

1) Those who play a lot of football video games or concoct fantamercato scenarios. Then when those scenarios don't materialize they become hysterical and curse our management and their indolence.

These guys are my favorite. :haha:
Look at how easy it is in CM , why are you saying it's not like that in real life... why can't Milan sign Buffon in 4 steps in 5 minutes ?

ThrusT
21-07-2007, 17:50

2) Those who understand that football is about signing people who won't upset the balance of the current team, be useful in positions they are needed in, and give it their all.

Prifess you bring up some good points, but Dinho would also be a commercial behemoth. While it would line the pockets of our European rivals, trust me, his shirt sales will more than compensate. If, IF, of course, he comes.
Hasan, hasn't the rumour been spread in the papers that Dinho would be allowed to keep all the profits from his shirt sales,...?

Giorgos
21-07-2007, 17:54
Look at how easy it is in CM , why are you saying it's not like that in real life... why can't Milan sign Buffon in 4 steps in 5 minutes ?

Come on Tony this is a very old version, even me i have the 2005 version :grinser: .

So the ones who don't like Dinho will have to face Kaka and Dinho crash each other while they try to co operate like they do in Brazil.... :1five:

Tony29.
21-07-2007, 17:57
Come on Tony this is a very old version, even me i have the 2005 version :grinser: .

I have all the versions but nothing beats CM 01-02 :)
It's still my favorite

Giorgos
21-07-2007, 18:12
It's still my favorite

I have 00/01 which was very good. I also have 2004 and 2005. The only disadvantage of the 00-01 and 01-02 is that you canoot watch the game playing.... :5ok: :grinser:

Giorgos
21-07-2007, 18:20
What do you think about Kuranyi for now and Ben Arfa for the future?....

It's 2:17 after midnight at Thessaloniki and the temperature is 25.5 at 3 was 37. My leg is killing me how you can fall asleep :d55: ?

Ghost
21-07-2007, 18:25
It's 2:17 after midnight at Thessaloniki and the temperature is 25.5 at 3 was 37. My leg is killing me how you can fall asleep :d55: ?

Watch the 2007 FA Cup final, works for me

Tony29.
21-07-2007, 18:27
What do you think about Kuranyi for now and Ben Arfa for the future?....

Kuranyi - will never play for Milan and is not good enough for Milan
Ben Arfa - maybe, some day

As for the weather ... look at what do i have here in Skopje and what's expecting me in next 5 days :
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?world=4924

46 bloody °C on Tuesday (that's 114.8 Fahrenheit) :irritate:

Giorgos
21-07-2007, 18:30
Watch the 2007 FA Cup final, works for me

Write wrong this was from one of the hightest locations in the Town. I leave 10 minutes from the center so: 27.9 at 2:28 :mad:

On Tuesday will be 43 we will melt :p017:

Giorgos
21-07-2007, 18:32
You are right but we have no wind 2!!

Rando
21-07-2007, 18:50
£84 for any one player is the most stupid deal that milan will ever do, so i hope it is just a rumour that media has created to make profit. i would rather milan sign noone rather that paying that sum of money for one player!
galliani mentioned that he sees kaka as a striker, so it might mean that milan will sign a world class midfielder instead to fill kaka's original position?

another thought: i think serginho can be a good striker!

kris
21-07-2007, 20:23
rather see 20mil€ on schweinsteiger, pato, barzagli, kerlon, sissoko, rossi(roma), raul garica, aguero ,...

Sigh. Is there any use in discussing with someone who want to pay €20M for a player who missed a whole season due to injury and is unproven or a mediocre defender who would be 5th choice in our club?

Ciao

Hasan Rossonero
21-07-2007, 20:43

:ilol::ilol:

Hasan Rossonero
21-07-2007, 20:44
Hasan, hasn't the rumour been spread in the papers that Dinho would be allowed to keep all the profits from his shirt sales,...?

No, I don't think so. When a player owns his image rights, it doesn't mean he pockets merchandising sales. That would mean that his salary would be a ridiculous amount.

It means that if he does an ad with Pepsi, he gets to keep the money (for example).

Arildonardo
21-07-2007, 21:02
It's still my favorite
The newest FM is always my favorite. On the 2006/07 version I'm still with Milan now in 2017. My last transfer budget was announced to be 657 million Euros, so I can pretty much get anyone I want... :grinser:

Hasan Rossonero
21-07-2007, 21:38
Today's Gazzetta basically says that Milan are going to return to training, and we don't know the identity of the big striker.

Also, Pele tells Kaka to stay at Milan.

Kaka--7thUCL
21-07-2007, 22:16
While you were speaking about Dinho, i watched Werder -Bayern Munchen 1-4, with Ribery playing great, scoring also while also Ze Roberto was good enough. So i pull my hair how we missed at least the French one....

Lol Bayern Munich.. Psht. Ribery and Toni are nothing, they both average players, if they had ballack it would be better then Toni and Ribery, and besides , who kicked them out i think 2 years in a row? ^^

Sleep
21-07-2007, 22:33
I personally think that Ronaldinho and Baptista rumors are completely untrue.

Let's start with Baptista. Since he joined Real he haven't shown any good. Real always wants to get rid of him and loan him to Arsenal. And he is even a sub in Arsenal (worse than Adebayor). How come a sub in arsenal worth 15M and Henry worth 16M? I think he is just like our Oliveira, played well, but just 1 season. 15M is a crazy bid since Galliani said 10M for Pato is too expensive :grinser:

With Ronaldinho, I think Calderon's desire to have kaka is more than Berlusconi's desire to have Ronaldinho. And they are only will to pay E80M (though I have even heard from someone it's E104M). Kaka is 2 years younger and he definitely 2007's Fifa player of the year, European player of the year, everything... How come we pay P84M for Ronaldinho? 40M-50M is a fair price. And I don't really understand, but if Ronaldinho keeps his image does it mean we can't have anything from his shirt?

There are so many people here playing FM or CM:D.

@Tony: I think the biggest unreal thing is some young players having too good attributes, not the transfer:D. Can you please show me how you bought Buffon with E10M? I have to pay P42M for Casillas (FM 2007). Ah, one more question, why don't you play Juventus? Maybe you have realised that you can't be the champion with Juve when there is Milan? :respect:

Nordahl
21-07-2007, 22:33
This must be a nightmare, discussing how can we grap Dinho ,Etoo, Drogba and Pato and then ends with Julio Baptista,Nah thsi must be a silly joke.

I too simply cannot believe.... one cannot begin think about great players, and end with a panzer tank disguised as a footballer. :uhm: :uhm: :uhm:

zeshkani
22-07-2007, 00:57
i think we need defenders end maybe one striker :respect:

remote2book
22-07-2007, 01:19
apart from missing out on ribery..who played very well today against bremen....(munich look really strong with their new signings btw) but we also missed out on another diamond in the rough.....ROLANDO BIANCHI!!!!....he was a solid striker for reggina last yearand was already used to playing in serie A....also scored a really good goal against us btw..and now he has already scored 3 goals in 2 games for Man city....he is young (24) wouldnt have costed us a whole lot as he only cost man city 8.8mil......i kno there isnt used in talking abt him because he has already signed...but i really hope and hope that we sign R10 or some1 !!!!!!!!! at this point....inshallah

Rojo y Negro
22-07-2007, 01:28
84 million pounds!!!!!
Just think about it. 84 million pounds. Great teams are worth less then that.
I know people say that if Milan spend that type of money on R10 we could easily account for it through merchandise and adverts. I agree R10 is one of the best footballers to grace Gods green earth but 84 million pounds. Thats
nearly double what R.Madrid paid for Zidane. If you compare the tallent of both players though they are different players I would rather have Zidane in my squad then R10.

I am one of R10's biggest fans but even I'm not convinced in paying that amount of money. Think of the example that Milan would be selling for other clubs. Thats what worries me. The smaller clubs will see that Milan is willing to match such a high buyout clause then should up the prices for their players. The problems in today game is that like most people know its about running a business and you can not run an efficient business without money.
Just look at some of the prices clubs are asking for their players. Let R10 stay at Barca if its going to cost Milan that type of money. Or ask the player request a transfer. I for one believe that Barca will fall if they keep all four players. One thing Milan is great at doing is having balance within the side. Mlan must not comprise that. There are other players that would improve Milan more then just the purchase of R10.

Milan should sit down and construct a plan of what the club needs and attempt to buy the best player in that position. We don't need luxury buys.
Now don't get me wrong cause I would love to see R10 at Milan but I hope that he would not be the only one.

Milan should address their left back position, cover in the DM role or a starter on the DM role to take Ambros place. It all depends on what Ancelotti wants to do with the side. We need players that will fit the system and want to come to Milan. Remeber Milan is a family and thats something I don't see in many clubs these days and its why Milan is so special.

Milan have 30 something days left of the transfer window to operate and improve the side I hope that they throw all their efforts into R10 and negelect other areas.

goose
22-07-2007, 02:30
Wow. 84 Million Pounds. That's $168 Million. That's a lot of money, to put it mildly.

Add on top of that R10's personal terms he's allegedly already agreed to. It's gotta be on line with Kaka's huge contract just signed recently.

I guess Burlusconi is dipping into the stash of lira bills he uses to wipe his bum.

hitmannq8
22-07-2007, 03:06
But guys that money is coming directly from Berlusconi, almost as if its a gift. True Barca are getting that money, but Milan is not losing that money as some here claim.

Ofcourse we can buy much better players with that money and im pretty sure that this situation has been addressed at the board but if they think it aint the right time, then it aint. Give them some space to work FFS. I am growing more impatient with the management day by day but I aint complaining. I would love to sign a few players but all I can do is hope, nothing more.

So instead of bashing Milan for being linked in a rumour spending 84million for Dinho, you guys could instead think, "2 time world-player of the year joining the European Champions, Can anyone stop them now?".. we have the same squad as last year in the CL and over that we have Ronaldo and an extra striker that is coming, so you guys should CHILL and TAKE IT EZ! It aint as bad as you guys make it!

peters
22-07-2007, 03:26
But guys that money is coming directly from Berlusconi, almost as if its a gift. True Barca are getting that money, but Milan is not losing that money as some here claim.wherever it comes from, it could be better spend. Anyway, it will be all forgotten if it comes through and we get scudetto or CL.

hitmannq8
22-07-2007, 04:00
It could definitely be better spent, but whats the use of us moaning and crying about it? At the end of the day we're all going to be supporting Milan next season even if we swap Kaka for Baptista.

We should support the management no matter what, and ofcourse it is necessary that we voice our disappointment sometimes but give them at least to the end of the market before judging them. Their inactivity in the market used to bother me but really, I dont care anymore, just as long as they bring in the trophies im happy.

Right now the only thing im hoping for is for the unbelievably gorgeous girl to call me back after I gave her my number at a club a couple of hours ago. Im so in love with her and I haven't heard her voice yet!

hitmannq8
22-07-2007, 04:07
Just found an interesting rumour at tgcom.it

Cannavaro wants to return to Italy - but to Milan

http://www.tgcom.mediaset.it/controcampo/articoli/articolo371798.shtml

Its all in Italian but its just saying how Milan are after a big-name striker in attack but now want to surprise us with a big-name in defence. Same old same old.

peters
22-07-2007, 04:10
It could definitely be better spent, but whats the use of us moaning and crying about it? At the end of the day we're all going to be supporting Milan next season even if we swap Kaka for Baptista.well... you hit the spot with that, i agree :5ok:

btw, good luck with the girlie :lu:

hitmannq8
22-07-2007, 04:38
I also found this interesting article in the acmilanclub.com site but it is in arabic. It is a very interesting read. Here is my translation:

Milan's Market, Truth and Fantasy

After all the promises, real offers, press releases, declarations of signing players and then denying it the next day, the Milan fans are being put in a hard situation. They are starting to lose their patience and trust in the team's management that have not moved at all this summer market as opposing to the other European giants.

Last season, the first of the many promises Galliani made was: "If Milan reached fourth place, and managed to reach the Athens final, and manage to win the European Championship, I promise you a very big strike in the transfer market"

Milan fans did not pay much attention to that comment, they were suffering some serious problems at that time. The team had just lost to AEK Athens in Athens, where the CL final is to be played, and therefore winning the CL was just an impossible dream for the Milan fans, BUT the devils of Milan managed to kick out Bayern Munich, conqueor Manchester United, and flew to Athens and beat Liverpool to win the Championship.

A short time after that, Adriano Galliani came out in a press conference confirmed Milan's desire to bring in a big-name striker, where he said "We are heading to Spain to get Etoo's services". At that point the Rossoneri fans started dreaming, and the CL win and the desire to have a fiery starting line-up has affected them and has blinded them and has made them wait long for the signings of the team. 2 months now and no official announcements, Milan's radar is still working and following this player and there is a month left and still the club has made no progress.

They say that Galliani and Cantamessa have headed to Barcelona where they have met Barcelona president Juan Laporta and have negotiated with him over Eto'o. The real question is were those negotiations really over Eto'o?

The situation for the Barca fans isn't comfortable. There is another player that rumours are still circulating about, he has all the advantages, starting with a contract with a huge amount, and ending with the desire to start a new adventure with a new team. AC Milan president dreams of seeing this player in a Rossoneri shirt, and it seems that the president's desire has moved on to the fans as well who would also love to see him at Milan. This player is obviously none other than Ronaldinho. Even though Laporta has denied selling him, his situation at Barcelona does not seem to be settle.

Galliani has returned to Italy again and has let Milan's negotiator in Spain Ernesto Bronzetti continue the negotiations with Barcelona. Milan is ready to offer anything Barcelona are about to ask, Milan right now have a vast amount of cash that they are ready to spend.

Berlusconi, as everyone knows, wants Ronaldinho and has released a lot of comments about it, one of them "We wish to see Ronaldinho in Milan, and will do everthing we can to get him", however the fans do not want a long and complicated transfer because this might take the management a long time and might end up being unsuccessful. One Milan fan was quoted saying "We are tired of waiting, it is time to enter the football market". Knowing Milan's management, we still have time to wait for, but the team's management must find itself in the next few remaining days of the market.

Graeme C
22-07-2007, 05:59
chiellini is rumoured to go Man city? grrr Milan has to try and get him and not let another good talent leave italy.

kris
22-07-2007, 06:10
They all do. The most action in the transfer market always happens in the last few days before the window closes.

I don't think the clubs are worried, I think it's the fans that are worried. It's really just fans who don't have the stomach or patience to wait. Fans want to be able to sleep easy knowing that their new stars have already transferred and are wearing their new jerseys. Fans don't understand any reality greater than that.

by a Real fan in another forum

Here is more:

Really, it's just fan panic. It's just like the time we were flooded with people moaning, "We'll never get Ramos" or "We'll never get Robinho" or "We'll never get Diarra" or "We'll never get Gago" or "We'll never win La Liga in '07".

Too many fans are notorious wussies with no stomach who constantly expect the worst (so as to soften the blow if it does happen) instead of throwing themselves wholeheartedly at the endeavor and crashing horribly if it doesn't pan out.

40 days left? No one should worry, anything can still happen. And if it doesn't pan out, then so what? At least they kept trying to hammer out a deal until the last minute. I wouldn't even look at a Plan B until we were down to the last 2, maybe 3 weeks of the transfer period.

Tony29.
22-07-2007, 07:11
Today's news
Note* : I'm taking all these news from calciomercato.com who are taking the news from various newspapers.

Italian teams :

1. Ronaldo and Kaka returned from Brasil

2. Pele tells Kaka to stay in Milan (you have the article in English in channel4)

That's all :rolleyes:

Foreign teams news

1. According to most of English tabloids, Ljungberg will be sold to West Ham for 4.5m euro

2. Today FIFA and FA officials will decide the destiny of Carlos Tevez and we'll know if he'll be allowed to go to ManUtd

3. Calderon said that Riquelme isn't in Real's plans but "El Mundo Deportivo" claims that Riquelme will be the one who'll "replace" Kaka in Real. Riquelme's agents offered the player to Real.

4. Edgar Davids broke his leg. He'll be out for at least 3 months.

Another very slow day :(

drucurl
22-07-2007, 07:38
Baptista to Bolton is great news though :p017: (goal.com as usual)

zlatanov
22-07-2007, 07:43
yeah, goal.com as usual :rolleyes::
http://www.goal.com/en-us/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=360011

:D

Jim_UK
22-07-2007, 07:48
English press are full of Baptista to Newcastle. Apparently Sam Allardyce wants the beast.

Stezagud
22-07-2007, 07:51
Baptista actually might be a decent signing if Big Sam gets him, i guess he sees him as similar to Kevin Davies (big, strong, quite versatile and doesnt score very often!) and he could probably get a lot from him in the Bolton system. At more flowing sides that rely more on pace, technique and movement he isnt a worthwhile option but for up and coming sides like Newcastle and Sevilla of a few years ago he is probably at the right level. Hopefully all links to Milan will now end :cool:

Tony29.
22-07-2007, 07:58
That's what i've been saying...Bolton, Villareal, New Castle, Espanol , these are the teams where he can be their best player, have a guaranteed place in the team and still earn a lot of money.
It was obvious that he's not RealM or Arsenal material and he certnly isn't Milan material.
This would be a perfect ending of the story for Real, New Castle, Milan and Baptista !

Edit : Not a perfect ending of the story for Juve and Inter though :)

Graeme C
22-07-2007, 08:14
Tony29 what do you think about the chances of Chiellini leaving and staying in italy? you think juve would really let him go?

Tony29.
22-07-2007, 08:54
Tony29 what do you think about the chances of Chiellini leaving and staying in italy? you think juve would really let him go?
I have absolutely no idea.

By only looking at the squad it seems very strange listening to Chiellini rumors. Why would Juve sell him when the only one who can play LB in Juventus, apart from Chiellini, is Molinaro who is as young as Giorgio and is much more unproven , and i guess much worse player, than Chiellini !? Another option is another youngster Criscito who can play CD and LB but the point is both Criscito and Molinaro are not at Chiellini's level.

If there's something we don't know and if that made Chiellini go public to say how he may leave if he's guaranteed only 30% playing time, then i think he may leave.
Ranieri is the "tinkerman". He rotates the team a lot and he probably has some ideas how the team will look. In the first official friendly against some minor Italian team, Chiellini played as a central defender while Criscito and Molinaro played LB's. Maybe that's what makes Chiellini fear. If he thinks Ranieri is counting on him to play CD then he has a point when he says how he may get only 30% playing time. Andrade will most probably be the starter and since Juve is looking after another Central defender then it's logical for Chiellini to feel his starting XI place is threatened.

But there's a third option and it's - higher wages. Chiellini's agent, Lippi junior (Marcelo Lippi's son) was the most loud person and when agents interfere, like it was with Camoranesi and Nedved, there's a huge possibility money are in the center of everything.

Today Juve's playing a friendly against China olympic team. In the last friendly Chiellini was really enjoying the goals and he really looked happy
http://www.juventus.com/fe_images/fotogallery/070718-juvmez/zoom/38.jpg
He didn't look like someone who wants to leave, but you could never know.

Against China today we'll see where will Ranieri put him to play. If he plays CD again then i believe there's a possibility for him to leave unless Juve decides to keep him play CD , together with Andrade, and no other central defender is bought. Also, if Chiellini won't play at all today then i'd say it's 99% sure he's leaving Juve.

P.S : If you're bored and have nothing to do, then you can watch Juve-China here :
http://85.92.128.155/~myp2p/Matches/Match2.htm
The match starts in an hour and 40 minutes

Tony29.
22-07-2007, 10:03
Graeme, this is how Juve will play against China :
JUVENTUS

1st Half: Belardi; Birindelli, Boumsong, Grygera, Molinaro; Salihamidzic, Zanetti, Nocerino, Blasi, Iaquinta, Trezeguet.

2nd Half: Vanstrattan; Zebina, Andrade, Chiellini, Criscito; Camoranesi, Tiago, Almiron, Nedved; Marchionni; Palladino.

You see, Chiellini will again be a CD, just like Grygera who played CD in the first friendly also. Looks like Ranieri is planning to use all Andrade, Grygera, Chiellini as CD's and that is why Chiellini feels his place in the first team is threatened, especially if another CD is bought.
If things stay like this i wouldn't be suprised if Juve sell Chiellini.

Hasan Rossonero
22-07-2007, 10:05
JUVENTUS

1st Half: Belardi; Birindelli, Boumsong, Grygera, Molinaro; Salihamidzic, Zanetti, Nocerino, Blasi, Iaquinta, Trezeguet.

2nd Half: Vanstrattan; Zebina, Andrade, Chiellini, Criscito; Camoranesi, Tiago, Almiron, Nedved; Marchionni; Palladino.

You see, Chiellini will again be a CD, just like Grygera who played CD in the first friendly also. Looks like Ranieri is planning to use all Andrade, Grygera, Chiellini as CD's and that is why Chiellini feels his place in the first team is threatened, especially if another CD is bought.

Is the game in China?

Tony29.
22-07-2007, 10:18
Is the game in China?
No , in Italy, small city called Rovereto

Hasan Rossonero
22-07-2007, 10:26
No , in Italy, small city called Rovereto
Cool. Has it started yet?

Tony29.
22-07-2007, 10:32
Cool. Has it started yet?
It should start at 17:30 CET.... that's in 2 minutes

Hasan Rossonero
22-07-2007, 10:33
It should start at 17:30 CET.... that's in 2 minutes

Thanks man.

Graeme C
22-07-2007, 10:43
JUVENTUS

thats interesting. Milans main alternatives to LB are favalli, Jankulovski, Serghino .

I cant really see serghino starting much on the left, well after being injured for most of last season. Jankulovski isnt great at defending, i wish he would play more a left midfielder. Favalli is ok, but cant play every game of the season. Kaladze is ok at LB, but is preferred as a CB now. So there would possible room for him, zambrotta or Pasqual.

Milan_Mad
22-07-2007, 11:05
Milan set a July 31 deadline for signing Andriy Shevchenko and may have had a breakthrough by offering to buy him outright for £13.5m.

Although President Silvio Berlusconi had always named Sheva as his primary target to reinforce the attack, keeping in contact with the unhappy Chelsea striker, up until now the proposal had only been for a loan or co-ownership deal.

With the clock ticking and no developments on the Barcelona front for Samuel Eto’o or Ronaldinho, it is reported in the ‘Corriere dello Sport’ that the Rossoneri are ready to take the plunge.

A permanent move would satisfy both Shevchenko and Chelsea, who did not appreciate the idea of loaning out a player to the club he had just joined from.

However, it would still be a major loss of revenue for the Stamford Bridge side, who bought him for £30m only 12 months ago.

Milan’s maximum bid is of £13.5m to bring him back to San Siro, still giving them a profit of £16.5m on the whole affair.

The July 31 deadline was set by transfer guru Adriano Galliani, who announced two months ago that he would reserve a non-EC spot in the squad until that date for Shevchenko’s potential comeback.

“I speak regularly to Sheva and he knows what he has to do,” commented Galliani at the time.

The Ukrainian will now beg Roman Abramovich to be released so that he can return to Milan, where he spent seven years and won almost every trophy available.

Under Italian League rules, there is a limit to the number of non-EC players that a Serie A side can sign in one season.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jul22k.html

Graeme C
22-07-2007, 11:07
Cassano in the news again. From goal.com

I think alot of italian teams havent showed interest in cassano because of fees that real would wack on him. I feel a bit sorry for him, i mean his attitude stinks.. but its Real.. and look at the way they treated Ronaldo and Capello.

----------------------------------------
Cassano Stays In Madrid And Misses Pre-Season Camp In Austria

Troubled Real Madrid forward Antonio Cassano has seemingly been completely frozen out of team affairs at Real Madrid. After missing recent training sessions, his presence is not required as the squad heads to Austria to continue its pre-season...

zoom - galleria
Italian internationalist Antonio Cassano will not be travelling to Austria with his teammates.

With the rest of the Madrid squad to escape the summer heat of Madrid in favour of the, well, summer heat of Austria, Cassano will remain in Spain.

Club captain Raul said, "You'll need to ask the director of sport for more details. Cassano hasn't been at training; we players know little more than this.

"But we know he's not in the list of players for Austria, and he's not going to travel."

Cassano arrived at the Bernabeu amidst much fanfare in January 2006. After a good start to his Madrid career, the Italian's fortunes went rapidly downhill.

He began to epitomise the phrase "troubled genius." He found himself frozen out, and allegedly lost his figure. As his trouser sized increased, his playing time took an exponentially inverse turn; arguments with the management - culminating in an "Et tu, Brute?" moment with former favoured coach Fabio Capello - saw him all but ostracised from the Bernabeu dressing room.

In what were becoming rapidly comedic, yet brief appearances, Cassano was clearly done at Real Madrid. Completely out of the first team squad, president Calderon muttered that Cassano's attitude would see him sold on at the earliest opportunity.

However, the striker has refused a move to Fenerbahce, and interest from his native Italy is more muted than may have been expected.

But there is no denying that he possesses raw talent - 39 league goals during his glorious yet controversial 5 year spell at Roma show that he's handy with the ball at his feet: whether he can get back on track is another story entirely.

Graeme C
22-07-2007, 11:12
Milan set a July 31 deadline for signing Andriy Shevchenko and may have had a breakthrough by offering to buy him outright for £13.5m.

Although President Silvio Berlusconi had always named Sheva as his primary target to reinforce the attack, keeping in contact with the unhappy Chelsea striker, up until now the proposal had only been for a loan or co-ownership deal.

With the clock ticking and no developments on the Barcelona front for Samuel Eto’o or Ronaldinho, it is reported in the ‘Corriere dello Sport’ that the Rossoneri are ready to take the plunge.

A permanent move would satisfy both Shevchenko and Chelsea, who did not appreciate the idea of loaning out a player to the club he had just joined from.

However, it would still be a major loss of revenue for the Stamford Bridge side, who bought him for £30m only 12 months ago.

Milan’s maximum bid is of £13.5m to bring him back to San Siro, still giving them a profit of £16.5m on the whole affair.

The July 31 deadline was set by transfer guru Adriano Galliani, who announced two months ago that he would reserve a non-EC spot in the squad until that date for Shevchenko’s potential comeback.

“I speak regularly to Sheva and he knows what he has to do,” commented Galliani at the time.

The Ukrainian will now beg Roman Abramovich to be released so that he can return to Milan, where he spent seven years and won almost every trophy available.

Under Italian League rules, there is a limit to the number of non-EC players that a Serie A side can sign in one season.

hmm how many years do you have to be in italy to try and get a italian passport?

Giorgos
22-07-2007, 11:19

You know my opinion, i wish Sheva to be back. At least if he wouldn't be like 1 year ago, he would be another one good option for our attack. My must is also that it mau be for him a motive for him to play very well to make us forget at the rate that he can.

The other subject is, he played for us for 7 years !! why he didn't take an Italian passport yet. If he had one, we could also sign Pato now and get also a LB and a MF. Come on board there are four players not sooooo.... much.

Kaka--7thUCL
22-07-2007, 12:54
As far as attack goes I'd sign Cassano as back up for Ronaldo, then get Ronaldinho :D. For midfield, we need some1 to replace seedorf, visibly, he'd be ok for 1 more year, then he MUST be replaced, but I think we should be buying Rossi and/or Quaresma O.o.
Newais. Defense, I'd just get Cannavaro and maybe an LB..

Siregar
22-07-2007, 13:36
http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jul22f.html

Part of Pele's interview :
“Pato is a good player, but not yet a champion. I think it is best to wait a little before bringing him to Europe. Look at Robinho and how long he took to show his quality for Real, because he was still a little green. It’s too early to say what player Pato will become. He has potential, though.”

What do you think, guys? When should he come to Milan or italian club (on loan from Milan) if Milan signed him?

kris
22-07-2007, 13:53
What do you think, guys? When should he come to Milan or italian club (on loan from Milan) if Milan signed him?

I'd say after at least one season later, even better if later, but in the current climate that is not a viable option.

ThrusT
22-07-2007, 13:55
http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jul22f.html

Part of Pele's interview :
“Pato is a good player, but not yet a champion. I think it is best to wait a little before bringing him to Europe. Look at Robinho and how long he took to show his quality for Real, because he was still a little green. It’s too early to say what player Pato will become. He has potential, though.”

I guess that's up to the player and the coaches.
Perhaps it wouldn't be bad to secure him now and leave him in Brazil until his contract with Internacional(*) expires.But then it could be possible he doens't progress much more.

If we bring him to Milan now or in the winter we can keep him with us and let him play as a regular sub.This way we will take the heat and pressure off of him, give him experience and let him/family adapt to Italy and Milan.But if we don't play him much there's also a chance of him not being happy and underperforming.

Tough choice I guess.

Siregar
22-07-2007, 14:06
Moving to Milan in January and play with Milan directly could impede his progress,IMO, because he is really young who needs so many mathces to gain experience . I quite agree with Pele's opinion but it may be difficult then to sign him and leave him stay in Brasil if Inter, Chelsea etc. offer him a direct move to Inter, Chelsea etc. (without being loaned first).

Kaka--7thUCL
22-07-2007, 14:42
Well if he wants an AC Milan move most, I'm sure he wont mind too much being loaned to another club, and besides, maybe the club we loan him to would be Inter or Chelsea, so he'd be playing from great club to another great club.. If it were me, I wouldn't mind.I agree on leaving him at Internacional though until his contract expires

lked
22-07-2007, 17:19
This roumour about Cannavaro-Milan is on channel4.com too !
http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jul22e.html

"However, it’s claimed that transfer guru Adriano Galliani is actually planning a surprise move for Cannavaro to strengthen an ageing defence.

Both Paolo Maldini and Alessandro Nesta are playing with recurring injury problems, while Marcos Cafu, Marek Jankulovski and Giuseppe Pancaro have also sat out long periods with fitness worries."

And i thought that only player we tooked back was Ba :grinser: :grinser:

Graeme C
22-07-2007, 17:21
lol pancaro doesnt even play for us anymore, who at channel4 did the translation on that? hahaha! :grinser:

kris
22-07-2007, 17:21
shows the incredible in depth knowledge of these sites. :) they make us proud.

Giorgos
22-07-2007, 17:24
He must have put Pancaro instead of Favalli, i think :grinser: .

Blacktop
22-07-2007, 18:26
Storari would probably do better then dida tbh, we need a goalkeeper!!
That statement, combined with SIX consecutive posts on here (that's spamming, last time I checked), is evidence that you pretty much have manure for brains.

Kaka--7thUCL
22-07-2007, 18:58
Your pretty much saying this because you love Dida, be quiet and admit he's not a good goalkeeper

hitmannq8
22-07-2007, 19:14
Your pretty much saying this because you love Dida, be quiet and admit he's not a good goalkeeper

Thats more evidence for ya BMW

kris
22-07-2007, 19:21

I believe it is pretty established you don't have to be in love with a player when you are sharing the opinion of like 95% of the people in know-how about football. Including a near 100% of the ones that count.

rt9
22-07-2007, 20:43
So, it now looks like Sheva may be coming back? I agree with some of you here that this would be a step backwards not forwards. The Shevchenko era in Milan has ended, let's leave it that way.

I personally still favor R10, even if Berlu has to break the bank. It makes sense for all parties involved. Barca can afford to trim their squad down and lose a player without a major fan protest (because we matched the buyout), we get a player in his prime who will improve the quality of the squad as well as sell shirts---i reckon we'll make back his transfer fee in less than three years with some astute marketing, and lastly R10 would be able to leave on good terms with Barca. See, everyone wins :)

zlatanov
22-07-2007, 20:50
... See, everyone wins :)
not everyone - pretty sure Tony won't see that as a winning combo for Juve :grinser:

Tony29.
22-07-2007, 21:00
not everyone - pretty sure Tony won't see that as a winning combo for Juve :grinser:
If he was 29 i wouldn't mind at all. Juve is out of scudetto race for the next 2 years minimum and Dinho or no Dinho it wouldn't have made any difference.
But he's 27 :mad:

You're not buying him this year though. But i'll stay out of Dinho talks because i don't want to be the party breaker. You guys really enjoy "Dinho to Milan" talks :)

Nordahl
22-07-2007, 21:35
So, it now looks like Sheva may be coming back? I agree with some of you here that this would be a step backwards not forwards. The Shevchenko era in Milan has ended, let's leave it that way.

I really can't imagine a silliest move.

rt9
22-07-2007, 22:07
Well Tony, thanks for letting us savour the moment, at least we get to dream until we face the eventual "Baptista to Milan" or "Oliveira makes shock return to Milan----within the same transfer window!!"...I sure hope Galliani and Berlu REALLY have an ace up their sleeves.

As for Juve, Dinho or no Dinho, you'll still finish behind us until Dinho turns 35 (ripe Milan age), then you will see :)

@GRENOLI/Nordahl---I too hope Sheva doesnt come back, but then again, who's to stop our "romantic" president.... hang on, there is hope---there's probably only one man on this forum who's more romantic---zeekay, you're there? :)

Mystik
22-07-2007, 22:35
I have a feeling we'll unveil at least one new player before our match against Lecco on the weekend. By friday even. Remember, you heard it here first :D;)

Gabriel489
22-07-2007, 23:04
Going away for a few days and this happens.

Gees, Sheva, and Canna are link, Emerson is calling for Milan and a massive bid for Dinho.

For Sheva, I love him and all, but your time has passed with Milan, don't come back. Then again, not I like I will complain if Sheva does make a return and score a tons of goals to show that he still got game.

For Canna, pls sign him, Berlu, he is the type of players you love, Italian Cap., 30+ and most importantly, he is a rock at Defense.

For Emerson, lets see, if he is willing to accept a bench role, I don't see why not, as he does add a lot of depth to our midfield.

For Dinho, I know that money is a lot and Milan could use that money to get Tevez, Pato, Alves, Alex and Rossi all together, but Dinho is worth it, as Dinho is one of the few game breakers in today football(meaning someone that could play like crap all game but play super well in 1 min and helps the team win) Secondly, his commercial value, as having Dinho is Milan will show bring in tons of commerical revenue as well as helps market Milan and lastly, helps other players in Milan to have more sponsors' deals, which leads to more revenue for Milan.

drucurl
22-07-2007, 23:08
That statement, combined with SIX consecutive posts on here (that's spamming, last time I checked), is evidence that you pretty much have manure for brains.

Can't we all just get along :guw:
Dida is a fantastic keeper....but he falls asleep too often to be the absolute best. He certainly is the best shot stopper there is, but his overall awareness is poor among his world class colleagues.... 1) Buffon 2)Cech 3)Dida
Once again ..no need to insult people for their opinions BMW...he could have done worse.....like insult ronaldo or something :zany:

hitmannq8
22-07-2007, 23:44
Whats up with everyone being unhappy with this Sheva move? Whom better than Sheva can replace Sheva?

Indeed it may be a step backwards, but that does not mean its a bad thing. From events in my life I have learnt that you do sometimes have to take a step back to move three forward. We have Pippo who is older than Sheva and Ronaldo who is the same age but yet no one says they're too old. Sheva could come here just as a termporary solution for one or possibly two seasons until we get Dinho or Eto'o.

I can imagine Berlusconi sittin at the back of his limo listening to this song: Elliott Yamin - Wait for you, whilst thinking of Sheva. Damn if you guys listen to the song you will crack up.. Anyway joking aside, uncle Silvio please bring back our one n only Sheva :)

drucurl
23-07-2007, 01:00
What I wouldn't give for Berlu to buy us Aguero :(

Arildonardo
23-07-2007, 01:55
He did well in U20 WC, but he's still young and has a lot to learn before being good enough for a starting spot in Milan's first team.

Remember, in 38 matches (13 as a sub) last season he only scored 6 goals... But of course, he's a great talent just like Pato.

Graeme C
23-07-2007, 03:28
tuttosport are linking us to deco, i hope the meetings in barca were for him and zambrotta. More than Ronaldinho and eto.

hwmook
23-07-2007, 03:35
tuttosport are linking us to deco, i hope the meetings in barca were for him and zambrotta. More than Ronaldinho and eto.

NO, I HATE DIVER LIKE THAT IDIOT DECO! :notlist:

I am going to curse and swear if we get this diving idiot.

kris
23-07-2007, 03:47
If he was 29 i wouldn't mind at all. Juve is out of scudetto race for the next 2 years minimum and Dinho or no Dinho it wouldn't have made any difference.
But he's 27 :mad:

You're not buying him this year though. But i'll stay out of Dinho talks because i don't want to be the party breaker. You guys really enjoy "Dinho to Milan" talks :)

I certainly see it as a possibility for next year instead of this one, but I am pretty sure he will come here sooner or later. Barcelona want to let their young stars take over anyway.

For Dinho, I know that money is a lot and Milan could use that money to get Tevez, Pato, Alves, Alex and Rossi all together,

How many times does this need to be said? It does not work like this in Milan. Berlusconi doesn't call Galliani and say "Hey you got €130M to use on players", nope, he calls and says "Get Ronaldinho, I'll cover the charges".

Whats up with everyone being unhappy with this Sheva move? Whom better than Sheva can replace Sheva?

Ronaldo replaced Sheva.

I think Banega and Moralez looks more interesting for us. Interesting alternatives to Pirlo and Kaka respectivly.

Gabriel489
23-07-2007, 06:28
Kris, I know that Berlu would rather spend 100M on his fav player than 5 other good players that he likes. I was only using that as a comparsation to prove my point about Dinho is worth more than the others 5 combine b/c.....

The way you quoted me really twisted what I was saying.

Jim_UK
23-07-2007, 06:44
I have learnt that you do sometimes have to take a step back to move three forward

You must be the complete opposite to the recognised saying of '1 step forward and 2 steps back' :D

Re Deco: I would welcome him here even though i don't like him much. He does perform well and he as much as anyone makes Barcelona tick.

Re Age Concern: I don't mind us getting older players if they take the squad forward and improve it, which is what Zambrotta, Cannavaro & Deco would do.

Hasan Rossonero
23-07-2007, 06:48
You must be the complete opposite to the recognised saying of '1 step forward and 2 steps back' :D

Re Deco: I would welcome him here even though i don't like him much. He does perform well and he as much as anyone makes Barcelona tick.

Re Age Concern: I don't mind us getting older players if they take the squad forward and improve it, which is what Zambrotta, Cannavaro & Deco would do.

:5ok: :5ok:

Jim_UK
23-07-2007, 06:52

haha, thanks ... though additionally, i would like to say that we should look for younger players aswell. A nice split of older & younger players.

Now i will destroy all of that sensible talk by saying we should get all 3 of Deco, Zambrotta, Cannavaro and add to it Pato, Alves & Villa :delol:

Tony75
23-07-2007, 07:14
haha, thanks ... though additionally, i would like to say that we should look for younger players aswell. A nice split of older & younger players.

Now i will destroy all of that sensible talk by saying we should get all 3 of Deco, Zambrotta, Cannavaro and add to it Pato, Alves & Villa :delol:

Giorgos
23-07-2007, 07:15

Don't be in a hurry, i want Zambrotta, Cannavaro, Deco, Sheva with a Eu passport and Pato... :5ok:

Who Alves? Dani ?

Brelusconi buy Dany Alves is a great player, he can do everything in the pitch

Τον γουστάρω πολύ, i like him very much :5ok: :3band:

zlatanov
23-07-2007, 07:29
well, since you guys have asked Silvio for just about any player out there, all that's left for me to ask him for is a batteries-powered Cheburashka (and Silvio, don't forget a pack of rechargable batts too)

btw, Heinze will be a Milan player by the end of the week ... and remember you heard it here first.

rosoneri_11
23-07-2007, 07:30
Brelusconi buy Dany Alves is a great player, he can do everything in the pitch

Τον γουστάρω πολύ, i like him very much :5ok: :3band:

Daniel Alves? The best RB on the world!I also like him very much!The best replacement for Cafu!He is also brazilian!

Tony75
23-07-2007, 07:39
well, since you guys have asked Silvio for just about any player out there, all that's left for me to ask him for is a batteries-powered Cheburashka (and Silvio, don't forget a pack of rechargable batts too)

btw, Heinze will be a Milan player by the end of the week ... and remember you heard it here first.
Get with the environmental side of things man. Go solar Silvio. Or even wind powered. :grinser:

No thanks for Heinze though.

Hasan Rossonero
23-07-2007, 07:41

You really think so? I think he would be a good acquisition.

Time will tell whether we'll be doing this for Heinze :kap: or this :djn: .

_MaJi_tz
23-07-2007, 08:02
http://www.calciomercato.com/index.php?c=25&a=49363

http://www.calciomercato.com/index.php?c=25&a=49364

http://www.calciomercato.com/index.php?c=21&a=49390

http://www.acmilan.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews=49830

First interw in new season-carlo

Nordahl
23-07-2007, 08:04
@GRENOLI/Nordahl---I too hope Sheva doesnt come back, but then again, who's to stop our "romantic" president.... hang on, there is hope---there's probably only one man on this forum who's more romantic---zeekay, you're there? :)

I guess he's much more a staunch realist than a romantic, but let's wait.... AND PRAY! :zany:

Nordahl
23-07-2007, 08:08
BTW, here's a comment I read on one of that calciomercato foruns... ok, it's a little bit pathetic and exagerated, but i'ts also funny:

Per ringiovanire la rosa, la società Milan ha proposto un quinquiennale al giocatore billy costacurta, mentre Maldini giocherà a gettone fino al 2028. Ottimo l'investimento fatto su favalli... per lui il rinnovo è previsto fino al 2017, con opzione fino al 2020. Nella suo contratto c'è una clausola: in caso di cessione ad altra squadra, il Milan ha il diritto di preferenza nel caso in cui questa squadra dovesse cederlo. In porta Sebastiano Rossi farà il numero due a Giovanni Galli, mentre per il centrocampo Carletto Ancellotti è pronto a ritornare a cavalcare i campi di calcio. Sulla destra Pierino Fanna farà il vice Brocchi, permettendo a Cafu di giocare a sinistra fino al mondiale 2018. In attacco, sfumato Gullit, è stato richiamato Blisset per far coppia a Pietro Paolo Virdis. Infine largo ai giovani: dal vivaio della primavera rossonera, finiranno in prima squadra: Claudio Borghi, Eranio ed Evani.

:grinser: :grinser: :grinser:

Hasan Rossonero
23-07-2007, 08:23
Milan, Berlusconi: "Seguiamo due giocatori da Milan"
23.07.2007 15.10 di Francesco Letizia articolo letto 1640 volte
"Siamo tutti felici, da 20 anni siamo la squadra che cerca di esprimere il gioco migliore...imponendo qualità tecniche e morali, vincendo e convincendo con rispetto agli avversari e cercando di essere sempre più forti di tutto": Silvio Berlusconi ha parlato agli abbonati di Milan Channel prima della conferenza stampa ufficiale di inizio stagione. Importanti le dichiarazioni sul mercato: "Abbiamo un giocatore in più, che è Ronaldo: non abbiamo fino ad ora acquisito nessuno perchè quelli che sono sul mercato sono pari o addirittura inferiori a quelli che abbiamo. Se ci sarà il colpo sarà uno da Milan: ne abbiamo in osservazione due, stiamo trattando per averne uno dei due". Infine su Kakà ed il Real: "E' una storia stupida, Kakà non se ne sarebbe mai potuto andare, aria fritta dei giornali che in estate debbono pur vendere".

----
tuttomercatoweb

Berlu says we are following two players, and Kaka to Real stories are "stupid".

Tony29.
23-07-2007, 08:43
The news for today, of course

Italian teams :

1. Deco isn't a part of the Fantastic Four and he'll have to be the sacrificed one. But Carlo Ancelotti likes him (Tuttosport)

2. Baptista is coming to Milan but the San Siro outfit is also pushing for Emerson and Motta. Pato will most probably be rossonero from January ( Corriere dello sport)

3. Ujfalusi will stay in Fiorentina for at least one more year and Pazzini renewed his contract till 2011. (acffiorentina.it)

4. Berlusconi visited Milan players, had lunch with all of them and there will be a press conference later today

5. Juve is in a hunt for defenders and they will probably get one from England. The most interesting options are Heinze, for whom 5m euro will be enough (:rolleyes: ) and Senderos (Tuttosport)

6. Negotiations with Baptista have complicated for Milan. There's still no agreement with the player and also no agreement with Real Madrid for the price tag (La Reppublica)

7. Negotiations between Inter and Roma for Chivu are becoming more and more complicated. Moratti simply won't offer more than 14m+Andreolli and Roma isn't letting him go for these money. THere's a possibility he'll stay in Roma if the war between Sensi and Moratti won't stop soon (Corriere dello Sport)

8. If Lazio pass the CLQ and go through in CL groups, Lottito promised to bring Giuseppe Rossi (Gazzetta dello Sport)

Foreign teams :

1. Sneijder " I've decided to stay in Ajax for one more year"

2. Ljungberg to West Ham. Still no official announcement but everything is settled.

3. Asier del Horno rejected the offer from Bayern Munich even though Valencia accepted it.

4. Atletico Madrid offered 15m euro+Costinha for Simao Sabrosa

Hasan Rossonero
23-07-2007, 09:19
Raduno Milan, Berlusconi:
"Ronie il primo acquisto"
Stampa Articolo Stampa articolo | Invia Articolo Invia articolo | Commenti:97 Di' la tua
Il presidente è arrivato in elicottero alle 12.30: ha pranzato con la squadra e ha partecipato alla conferenza stampa. "Vogliamo rinforzare l'attacco, ma Ronaldinho e Sheva sono intoccabili. Kakà è il simbolo del Milan"
Silvio Berlusconi prima della conferenza stampa. Sportimage
Silvio Berlusconi prima della conferenza stampa. Sportimage
CARNAGO (Varese), 23 luglio 2007 - Il primo giorno non si scorda mai. Anche per il raduno di inizio stagione funziona così: Silvio Berlusconi non è voluto mancare ed è atterrato in elicottero sui campi del centro sportivo di Milanello alle 12.30. Il presidente rossonero si è intrattenuto a pranzo con tutta la squadra e ha partecipato alla conferenza stampa, seduto fra Carlo Ancelotti e Adriano Galliani. Toccando tutti gli argomenti caldi, dalla mission al mercato, da Kakà a Pato.
MISSION "Il primo obiettivo è il Mondiale per club, perché è un palcoscenico straordinario".
MERCATO "Abbiamo due giocatori in osservazione e stiamo trattando. I giocatori che erano accessibili sul mercato li abbiamo giudicati pari o inferiori ai campioni che già abbiamo. Ma vogliamo rinforzare il quartetto d'attacco: abbiamo provato a ingaggiare Ronaldinho, ma il presidente del Barcellona Laporta lo ha dichiarato incedibile. Il nostro primo acquisto è Ronaldo, che è un grandissimo campione. Abbiamo avuto il benestare da Ancelotti, e non è comunque lui a sborsare la grana".
KAKA' E SHEVA "Sul brasiliano non c'è stato alcun tentennamento. Nessun presidente ce lo porterà via: non si tocca, è un giocatore-simbolo del Milan. Quanto a Sheva, gli voglio bene come a un figlio ma il Chelsea ci ha posto ostacoli insuperabili".
PATO "Guardiamo a lui con interesse: è molto giovane ma molto promettente. Ma non dimentichiamoci di Gourcuff, è un giocatore di valore assoluto".

---

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/SerieA/Squadre/Milan/Primo_Piano/2007/07_Luglio/23/raduno.shtml

hany.Egypt
23-07-2007, 09:34
NO, I HATE DIVER LIKE THAT IDIOT DECO!
yes he is much more than just overrated and he is very slow also,however, these days I am in desperat need for a new singning so I would welcome him with open arms untill we sign a new Mid then I will kick him out of the team

ACMILAN1983
23-07-2007, 10:01
Being a little bored at work with nothing better to do, I’ve been thinking about what sort of transfers we need and really don’t see the point of buying 4-5 decent players to bolster the squad rather than spending big on a couple of players.

The main argument for strengthening the squad has been that we need some youth and the squad is thin to be able to compete on all fronts. With the first point, I disagree to some degree, as though we should look at younger players to purchase (somewhere near mid 20’s is ideal), there’s no reason to start buying a number of young talents that won’t actually get a chance to play, and they probably wouldn’t accept the bench (unless they’re a unique case like Gourcuff). As for being thin to compete on all fronts, we do have a very strong squad that can use a couple of improvements, but it’s limited to just a couple to be able to strongly challenge in all competitions. Certain areas in the side are pretty much impossible to find a capable backup for, with Pirlo being a prime example. There are very few players who can play his role, and those who can aren’t likely to accept being little more than a squad player. However, this is also not too worrying, as Brocchi is capable in that position, if not great. Kaka having a backup is mentioned often too, but assuming we get another new star, then Seedorf and Gourcuff can easily rotate more with these players. Even looking through the squad, it’s hard to find players who we can rely on immediately to fit in. Looking through the squad:

Dida – Returned to near his best at the end of last season and seems to have passed injury issues.
Fiori – Third choice just in case.
Kalac – Though he fumbles a lot, he’s a decent shot stopper and adequate for a backup (someone like Amelia who’s been mentioned would never accept the role)
Storari – Probably leaving
Darmian – A YOUNG and up and coming defender. At 17 he’s joined the squad, like Maldini did in the 80’s.
Digao – Kaka’s younger bro, not meant to be anything great, though has potential and replaces Billy in the squad.
Janku – one of our weakest starting players, but a reasonable LB. We can improve though.
Favalli – Proved himself a very good backup at LB last season and can play in the centre, very useful to have.
Serginho – 2 Seasons ago he was one of the best LWB in football, it’s hard to predict if he can return, but won’t be an expected starter, yet adds options within the squad.
Maldini – Can’t play every game, but a definite starter in the big ones, without question.
Nesta – No point in saying anything.
Oddo – A very good RB (been considered the best in Italy since Zambro left).
Kaladze – Can be a starter in any side when in form and playing regularly
Simic – A solid player for someone who is 5-6th choice for the CB and can play RB in emergencies.
Bonera – Potentially fantastic and will be a great backup (if not starting many games). Other than the very biggest games, which he’s not ready for, he’s a wall.
Cafu – May not be able to play a starting role, but as shown after Oddo’s introduction last season, a very good backup.
Ambro – The most underrated player in the side imo. A huge player and finally, FINALLY seems to have gotten over injuries. When playing regularly, he’s one of the top DM’s in the game.
Pirlo – Much like Nesta.
Brocchi – a useful squad player, and can play a number of roles. He’s 5-6th choice in midfield, similar to Simic’s role in defence.
Gattuso – Like Pirlo
Seedorf – Can’t play too many games but used in rotation is outstanding as shown last season.
Ba – Really have nothing to say, if it was up to me, this is the position in the squad I’d use for a DM similar in qualities to Ambro.
Gourcuff – He’s proven his quality in the past year and a lot more responsibility is placed on his shoulders now. He’ll play Ambro’s role (but like Seedorf did in the past) and will also play a more attacking role. A squad player still, but is very important.
Kaka – No point
Ronaldo – Ronaldo’s fitness has improved and his contribution already is massive (and could easily become greater than any other striker in the game). Injury is a fear, but we can’t really judge until we see his condition at the end of the summer. However, it’s worth noting in half a season he only got injured for the odd game, so it’s worth being optimistic.
Gila – Probably will play a squad role this season (similar to Seedorf), as the much anticipated new transfer (which I feel certain will still happen) will almost certainly push for a starting place, and with Ronaldo also as a striker, Gila may have to accept more bench time. Bear in mind I’m talking about our top scorer in the league last season and one of Italy’s most highly rated forwards.
Pippo – Can be relied on individual games, though will not be expected to play too many. He’s an ideal super sub.
Aubameyang – Probably only on the squad temporarily, as signings are yet to be made.

Note, this squad has already got 27 players in it. A few may well leave (Simic and Storari being the most likely). However, when you look at it, the squad is competitive. Young defenders are requested, yet we have Digao, Bonera (still young) and Darmian (very young). The LB role could be improved imo, but really that’s the only position I’d seriously look at (though bear in mind Kaladze can do a good job there too).

The midfield is full of quality, and at the most we need one squad player that’s a big, physically imposing DM. However, Gourcuff can play this role and the management seem prepared to take the gamble.

In attack, we could use a new forward. Essentially, it doesn’t even have to be a star name, but considering we only really need to improve in one or two (at most) areas in the squad, we can look ahead and splash out on someone that little bit special.

Many might argue that some areas can be improved, players such as Brocchi (alternative to Rino and Pirlo), Serginho or someone else. However, these players know they are in for a tough time should they join, as they’ll be squad players at the most, when most know that other clubs can offer them guaranteed starting spots. Meanwhile, those who’ll accept the bench aren’t likely to be as good as most of those we already have.

ForeverMilan
23-07-2007, 10:09
The news for today, of course

Italian teams :

1. Deco isn't a part of the Fantastic Four and he'll have to be the sacrificed one. But Carlo Ancelotti likes him (Tuttosport)

2. Baptista is coming to Milan but the San Siro outfit is also pushing for Emerson and Motta. Pato will most probably be rossonero from January ( Corriere dello sport)

3. Ujfalusi will stay in Fiorentina for at least one more year and Pazzini renewed his contract till 2011. (acffiorentina.it)

4. Berlusconi visited Milan players, had lunch with all of them and there will be a press conference later today

5. Juve is in a hunt for defenders and they will probably get one from England. The most interesting options are Heinze, for whom 5m euro will be enough (:rolleyes: ) and Senderos (Tuttosport)

6. Negotiations with Baptista have complicated for Milan. There's still no agreement with the player and also no agreement with Real Madrid for the price tag (La Reppublica)

7. Negotiations between Inter and Roma for Chivu are becoming more and more complicated. Moratti simply won't offer more than 14m+Andreolli and Roma isn't letting him go for these money. THere's a possibility he'll stay in Roma if the war between Sensi and Moratti won't stop soon (Corriere dello Sport)

8. If Lazio pass the CLQ and go through in CL groups, Lottito promised to bring Giuseppe Rossi (Gazzetta dello Sport)

Foreign teams :

1. Sneijder " I've decided to stay in Ajax for one more year"

2. Ljungberg to West Ham. Still no official announcement but everything is settled.

3. Asier del Horno rejected the offer from Bayern Munich even though Valencia accepted it.

4. Atletico Madrid offered 15m euro+Costinha for Simao Sabrosa

Bayern has asked for Del Horno?it must be a joke,Come on,They have Lahm,Jansen who are both much better than del horno,When needed,Lehl,Bastian could also play at there,maybe they are planning to sell Lahm to us :)

You also linked with Zapata,i hope you dont sign him,Meira is better option for u.

Tony29.
23-07-2007, 10:22
You also linked with Zapata,i hope you dont sign him,Meira is better option for u.
The link with Zapata is from last week, that's why i didn't mention it.

P.S : I don't understand the second part of the sentence. You , as a Milan fan, hope Juve won't sign Zapata (because he's good, i guess) but you think Meira is a better option for Juve ( i guess with this you want to say he's a better defender than Zapata) and you don't have objections for Juve to sign him.
??????

:)

Jim_UK
23-07-2007, 10:36
We shouldn't be trying to fit square pegs in round holes. Gourcuff is not and never will be a good choice for a defensive midfielder. I find this suggestion made by our management laughable.

If we need another defensive midfielder, then lets buy one. Lets not sacrifice someone's attacking talent by making him do more defensive duties than his role would normally require.

I'm also getting a bit tired of players who can only manage a few good games in a row. Even worse are the players who play mediocre for most games, produce a few good games, and are treated like world class players. Surely if you have too many of these in a squad you are just taking up places that could be given to more reliable players :confused:

Jim_UK
23-07-2007, 10:49
What about Appiah? Though i guess he is a bit of a journeyman and seems to want to play in England.

Just a thought.

ForeverMilan
23-07-2007, 10:50
i remember i read zapata news yesterday,just 1 day passed.

i like zapata and however want him in our milan,Meira another player who is not world class and however good for juve,juve wants to get 3th or 4th next year to gain a CL spot this is why they signed all non world class players,the only player that i would like among ur signings is Salihamidzic,He would be a good addition to us also considering he can play at RWB,at LWB,on midfield as well.

you have a world class coach Ranieri,is a great chance for ur young players despite he is a big question mark for you,yet i expect juve to play great football with high tempo.

ForeverMilan
23-07-2007, 10:51
Appiah just said he agreed personal terms with schalke 04.

Jim_UK
23-07-2007, 10:54
Appiah just said he agreed personal terms with schalke 04.

how much did he cost?

ForeverMilan
23-07-2007, 10:58
Schalke offered 4 millions euros while Fenerbahce doesn't want to let player go less than 8-9m euros.

Jim_UK
23-07-2007, 11:02
That's not a bad price for a 26 year old international player.

Appiah-Pirlo-Gattuso

Would have given Pirlo more room to work (like in the national team) and given us more of a physical midfield.

Cest la vie :D

icculus
23-07-2007, 11:03
Being a little bored at work with nothing better to do, I’ve been thinking about what sort of transfers we need and really don’t see the point of buying 4-5 decent players to bolster the squad rather than spending big on a couple of players....

...Many might argue that some areas can be improved, players such as Brocchi (alternative to Rino and Pirlo), Serginho or someone else. However, these players know they are in for a tough time should they join, as they’ll be squad players at the most, when most know that other clubs can offer them guaranteed starting spots. Meanwhile, those who’ll accept the bench aren’t likely to be as good as most of those we already have.

agreed!!!
i think it would be benificial for all of us, if, when you say "milan should get "x" player" that you add " to take the place of "y" player".
ex: i think milan should go after zambrotta to replace janku in the starting XI.

when i hear we need to get pato...i wonder, where is a 17 yr old kid going fit?

in the midfield milan has
dm=gattusso, ambro, brocchi
om=kaka, pirlo, seedorf, gourcoff
we have 7 midfielders!!! we play 4 at a time...?

if its not broke, dont fix it.

Tony75
23-07-2007, 11:07
7 midfielders is way too short a number for a season. 9 shud be minimum IMO, considering the amount of places taken by average defenders.

drucurl
23-07-2007, 11:17
We shouldn't be trying to fit square pegs in round holes. Gourcuff is not and never will be a good choice for a defensive midfielder. I find this suggestion made by our management laughable.

If we need another defensive midfielder, then lets buy one. Lets not sacrifice someone's attacking talent by making him do more defensive duties than his role would normally require.

I'm also getting a bit tired of players who can only manage a few good games in a row. Even worse are the players who play mediocre for most games, produce a few good games, and are treated like world class players. Surely if you have too many of these in a squad you are just taking up places that could be given to more reliable players :confused:
I'm becoming more and more a fan of your posts Jim :5ok: You tend to say everything that I think....however it must be said that Carlo is a genious in getting players to play in varied psitions. He plays Pirlo (originally a pure CAM) as a sort of CDM who attacks a lot ...sort of like Viera of Fabregas....the thing is Gorcuff seems to have neither the pace nor the strength to be a true CAM and most likely doesn't have zidane's skill/awareness vision level as yet....he could get valuable experience in the Pirlo role and be pushed further up front when the time is right.

Now could we get Aguero pretty please :zany:

GilAttack [11]
23-07-2007, 11:25
Is it me or is this Aguero overrating thing going on? He wasnt even the best player on that team, even though he won all the accolades. For example, Maxi Moralez was better from the first to last game, but this doesnt mean he is better than Aguero.
If there is one player to get from that Argentina U-20 squad is Banega.

Tony29.
23-07-2007, 11:43
']Is it me or is this Aguero overrating thing going on? He wasnt even the best player on that team, even though he won all the accolades. For example, Maxi Moralez was better from the first to last game, but this doesnt mean he is better than Aguero.
If there is one player to get from that Argentina U-20 squad is Banega.
I agree :5ok:
Aguero is great, simply great, but it's Maxi Moralez and Banega who were doing everything for Argentina.

Bring them to Juve, Secco !!
Ah, who am i kidding, Maxi will never play for Juve and he'll probably never play for an Italian team while Banega will end up in Inter, to replace Vieira after 2 or 3 years !

Hey Dru , i'm offering you Aguero to Milan for Moralez and Banega to Juve. You're a smart man, i know you'll accept it :5ok: :grinser:

Giorgos
23-07-2007, 11:50
Here i am again, to make a brake, at the first game of Beckham, at the VIP near Victoria were Eva Longoria, Genifer Love, Kate Holmes and Scwhradjeneiger (why did't do terminator 4).... :sweeteye: :grinser:

Giorgos
23-07-2007, 11:51
Hey Giannis, i watched the goal of Seitaridis at the start of his career i was thinking of propose him as a RB for Milan....

Giorgos
23-07-2007, 11:59
Bayern has asked for Del Horno?it must be a joke,Come on,They have Lahm,Jansen who are both much better than del horno,When needed,Lehl,Bastian could also play at there,maybe they are planning to sell Lahm to us :)

Too good to be true, maybe Lahm at that moment is the best LB in the world :5ok: .

Tony29.
23-07-2007, 12:00
Scwhradjeneiger
+rep :5ok:
Yorgo, you simply rule !

ACMILAN1983
23-07-2007, 12:10
I'm becoming more and more a fan of your posts Jim :5ok: You tend to say everything that I think....however it must be said that Carlo is a genious in getting players to play in varied psitions. He plays Pirlo (originally a pure CAM) as a sort of CDM who attacks a lot ...sort of like Viera of Fabregas....the thing is Gorcuff seems to have neither the pace nor the strength to be a true CAM and most likely doesn't have zidane's skill/awareness vision level as yet....he could get valuable experience in the Pirlo role and be pushed further up front when the time is right.

If Gourcuff plays deep, he'll most likely play Seedorf's old role on the left (the position Ambro takes up). In big matches, playing a solid midfield with both Rino and Ambro is great, but against the smaller teams that just it doesn't always work. Gourcuff is more attacking than Ambro, but is strong on the ball and a very hard worker winning it back.

I'm certain this is the role the management are thinking of when saying he can play DM. It's also worth considering that doing this will give freedom to rest Ambro and Rino more.

Giorgos
23-07-2007, 12:11
+rep :5ok:
Yorgo, you simply rule !

?

For the issues you are talking so far, Abro is a very underestimate player i agree and at the 2 first seasons of Rino i expect Abro in line up instead of him.

Appiah is not a bad choise!, also we have some players like Brocchi who cannot be competitive in big games. Moreover if we will not take a fw Kaka will need to spend time also at the attack....

Warro Bantan
23-07-2007, 12:35
Great post Dev...in truth, we need maybe 2 or 3 players this mercato, if that many.

Its unfortunate that people think that players can move a la FM or Fifa 07...in real life, it just isnt that easy.

No real star would want to come to Milan and fight for a place, when there are clubs willing to make him an automatic starter.

Milan will do well this term, even if we buy no one...wonder what the naysayers will say then?

Giorgos
23-07-2007, 12:36
The president of West Ham said that Tevez is free to go to whichever team wants because he wants to play in CL. So he will probably join united. Not so bad news for me because i want other type of forward at Milan and at the same time i am also United...

Warro Bantan
23-07-2007, 12:40
From theGuardian´s breaking news:

"With the current squad we have we could say that we will do well next season. However we are in talks about two attackers, two champions, and we are confident at least one can play with us," Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi told a news conference.

Ok? So the man says we are still to get two attacking players...or at least one...Pato? Hopefully not Baptista...who I dont think is good enuf for Milan, but may prove a lot of us here wrong....

Giorgos
23-07-2007, 12:40
Great post Dev...in truth, we need maybe 2 or 3 players this mercato, if that many.

Its unfortunate that people think that players can move a la FM or Fifa 07...in real life, it just isnt that easy.

No real star would want to come to Milan and fight for a place, when there are clubs willing to make him an automatic starter.

Milan will do well this term, even if we buy no one...wonder what the naysayers will say then?

Stop reffering to that all the time (not only you) sometimes it's more difficult this to take place in video games because you need to have funds, a person to be like Galliani (make the conversations) and other things.

And you conclusion is? 3 players, what all the others ask to make transfers like Abramovich ?

Tony29.
23-07-2007, 12:45
Being a little bored at work with nothing better to do, I’ve been thinking about what sort of transfers we need and really don’t see the point of buying 4-5 decent players to bolster the squad rather than spending big on a couple of players.

Dev, it's a good post that you wrote, but in this case i don't entirely agree. To become a super power on every front, you need not only 1-2 big signings, but you need 3 or 4 more decent players.

One of the reasons for Milan ending with -36 points behind Inter (although not the biggest reason. The biggest reason for this was lack of proper preparation and trainings) was exactly the squad depth which Milan lacks, if we count quality of the benchers, not the quantity.

Take a look at Milan from 2003-2005
Dida
Cafu-Nesta-Stam-Maldini
Gattuso-Pirlo-Seedorf
Kaka
Shevchenko-Inzaghi

Bench XI
Abbiati
Pancaro-Simic-Costacurta-Kaladze
Dhorasso-Ambrosini-Rui Costa-Serginho
Crespo-Tomasson

You had, maybe not equaly good, but still great 2 sets of players. It's really starnge how Milan didn't win anything in 2005 but everyone who knows football will agree that back then Milan had the best team in the world (including national teams) and a big reason for that were the replacements who were of top quality.

Now you have this :
Dida ( still good but not brilliant as he was back then when he was the best in the world.... 3 years older also)
Oddo ( all due respect to Oddo but Cafu is the best RB i've seen in my life. He was offering equal quality at the back and when going forward. Cafu is still in Milan but he's like a different player now. He's 37 ! )
Jankulovski (The role that Stam, Maldini or Serginho were covering perfectly is now owned by Janku who's imo more of a midfielder than a defender. He will never offer the security Maldini or Stam were offering)
Nesta (Still great)
Maldini ( 39 years old. At 36 he was still among the best but now not only he can't play regularly but even when he's playing he's not what he used to be and what Jap Stam used to be when he covered this position)

At the bench you now still have the same Simic, Kaladze and Serginho but apart from Kaladze the other to are only a shadow of what they used to be. Especially Serginho who was instrumental for Milan on many matches. Now he's 36, much slower i think and he's coming after a long term injury. Bonera is the new face and he's ok, i think

Midfield is still good and i'd say even better. Kaka became the best footballer in the world while Gattuso and Pirlo are now much more experienced and are in age which is concidered the best for footballers. Only Seedorf isn't as reliable as he used to be.
But the bench is perhaps another problem. You had a champ like Rui Costa to replace Kaka, you had Dhorasso to replace Pirlo, great Serginho to replace Seedorf. Now Gourcuff and Brocchi should do the job of Rui and Serginho.

In attack you're weaker again. Sheva at 28+ Crespo+ Inzaghi at 31+ Tomasson beats Ronaldo at 31+Gila+Inzaghi at 34+Oliveira by a mile.

One or two big signings won't do the job, especially if the big signings are in the midfield department where Milan is still the strongest in the world.

One big signing in attack, one big signing at LB (Zambro) and 4 decent squad players (Emerson, Heinze, another defender and another midfielder) are needed if Milan wants to become the greatest in Europe like they were in 2004/05.
And with the money offered for Dinho ( i'm counting 70m, not 125) you can make all this happen.

Jim_UK
23-07-2007, 12:47

haha .. thanks mate :5ok: Here's that money i promised you :grinser:

I also agree with you that Carlo is very good at re-positioning players, moving them around and making things work. He has some great man management skills.

I just wish he had a few new faces to work with :guw:

Hasan Rossonero
23-07-2007, 12:48
The president of West Ham said that Tevez is free to go to whichever team wants because he wants to play in CL. So he will probably join united. Not so bad news for me because i want other type of forward at Milan and at the same time i am also United...

Source? I can't find this anywhere.

jtelly
23-07-2007, 12:52
I think i mentioned buying Heinze at like page 265. I watched him get his legs screwed into the ground during the final of the Copa, but i still think he would be a great purchase. I mean, 5 mil for him is like chump-change. He's young and lefty, and during my time watching him at MU before he got hurt, wow. I still don't understand how Evra is better then him in the pecking order, but oh well. Now that he's fit, I'll bet he'll have a hell of a year, chomping at the bit to prove himself again.
Speaking of the talk of the past (circa Crespo, Tomasson, et al) i watched some old games from the era-that team was FAST! I still think not being able to hang on to Crespo was a big loss for us, and I liked Tomasson too. I like how Milan always had some great players from fringe footballing nations. Let's unearth a few more gems soon.

Jim_UK
23-07-2007, 12:53
All of Tony's post

Bravo. A great post that more or less sums up our squad objectively. I agree with every word you have written.

Well done sir.

GilAttack [11]
23-07-2007, 12:56
Aguero is great, simply great, but it's Maxi Moralez and Banega who were doing everything for Argentina.

Ah, who am i kidding, Maxi will never play for Juve and he'll probably never play for an Italian team while Banega will end up in Inter, to replace Vieira after 2 or 3 years !

Hey Dru , i'm offering you Aguero to Milan for Moralez and Banega to Juve. You're a smart man, i know you'll accept it :5ok: :grinser:

Maxi Moralez belongs to one of the worst managed clubs from South America, so you might as well get him for a bag of balls.
Van Gaal was smart enough to buy Argentina's U-20 GK from them (Sergio Romero) for around 1.5M euros.

Siregar
23-07-2007, 12:59
Silvio: ‘Dinho and Sheva impossible http://www.milanmania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21452&page=464&pp=15

Mr. President : "We are watching Alexandre Pato with interest as he’s very young but so promising. ...

Yeah, that comment actually does make me happy! Welcome Pato! :grinser:

Giorgos
23-07-2007, 13:01
Dev, it's a good post that you wrote, but in this case i don't entirely agree. To become a super power on every front, you need not only 1-2 big signings, but you need 3 or 4 more decent players.

One of the reasons for Milan ending with -36 points behind Inter (although not the biggest reason. The biggest reason for this was lack of proper preparation and trainings) was exactly the squad depth which Milan lacks, if we count quality of the benchers, not the quantity.

Take a look at Milan from 2003-2005
Dida
Cafu-Nesta-Stam-Maldini
Gattuso-Pirlo-Seedorf
Kaka
Shevchenko-Inzaghi

Bench XI
Abbiati
Pancaro-Simic-Costacurta-Kaladze
Dhorasso-Ambrosini-Rui Costa-Serginho
Crespo-Tomasson

You had, maybe not equaly good, but still great 2 sets of players. It's really starnge how Milan didn't win anything in 2005 but everyone who knows football will agree that back then Milan had the best team in the world (including national teams) and a big reason for that were the replacements who were of top quality.

Now you have this :
Dida ( still good but not brilliant as he was back then when he was the best in the world.... 3 years older also)
Oddo ( all due respect to Oddo but Cafu is the best RB i've seen in my life. He was offering equal quality at the back and when going forward. Cafu is still in Milan but he's like a different player now. He's 37 ! )
Jankulovski (The role that Stam, Maldini or Serginho were covering perfectly is now owned by Janku who's imo more of a midfielder than a defender. He will never offer the security Maldini or Stam were offering)
Nesta (Still great)
Maldini ( 39 years old. At 36 he was still among the best but now not only he can't play regularly but even when he's playing he's not what he used to be and what Jap Stam used to be when he covered this position)

At the bench you now still have the same Simic, Kaladze and Serginho but apart from Kaladze the other to are only a shadow of what they used to be. Especially Serginho who was instrumental for Milan on many matches. Now he's 36, much slower i think and he's coming after a long term injury. Bonera is the new face and he's ok, i think

Midfield is still good and i'd say even better. Kaka became the best footballer in the world while Gattuso and Pirlo are now much more experienced and are in age which is concidered the best for footballers. Only Seedorf isn't as reliable as he used to be.
But the bench is perhaps another problem. You had a champ like Rui Costa to replace Kaka, you had Dhorasso to replace Pirlo, great Serginho to replace Seedorf. Now Gourcuff and Brocchi should do the job of Rui and Serginho.

In attack you're weaker again. Sheva at 28+ Crespo+ Inzaghi at 31+ Tomasson beats Ronaldo at 31+Gila+Inzaghi at 34+Oliveira by a mile.

One or two big signings won't do the job, especially if the big signings are in the midfield department where Milan is still the strongest in the world.

One big signing in attack, one big signing at LB (Zambro) and 4 decent squad players (Emerson, Heinze, another defender and another midfielder) are needed if Milan wants to become the greatest in Europe like they were in 2004/05.
And with the money offered for Dinho ( i'm counting 70m, not 125) you can make all this happen.

Exactly we have solutions if anybody was out of shape. After this year final, my best friend who is Liv :notlist: but also PAOK :flirt: said to me that this year we were the lucky team as they have been at the previous final against Liverpool. We finally lost at this final but remember that Sheva lsot an amazing chanse after 3-3 and we were much better after Liv equalized. My point is as Tony said that we had for example 4 very good and fit strikers. Tomasson was the gold substitude, remember game against Lyon what that?

Has sorry for not posting a sourse is from a Greek websight but they take them as they are from reliable sources.

Russo-Neri
23-07-2007, 13:04
[QUOTE=Siregar]Silvio: ‘Dinho and Sheva impossible http://www.milanmania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21452&page=464&pp=15

It's getting to the point where we should just go ahead and close this thread :stupid:

GilAttack [11]
23-07-2007, 13:05
Source? I can't find this anywhere.

I dont think thats true. He would be contradicting himself after all this soap opera involving FIFA.

Hopefully Sir Alex takes note:
http://img114.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1a2sya9.jpg

Jim_UK
23-07-2007, 13:08
I mean, 5 mil for him is like chump-change.

He's young and lefty,

I still don't understand how Evra is better then him in the pecking order

His buy-out clause is £6.8 million i believe, which is what Liverpool have offered and are considering getting lawyers involved as Man Utd don't have any grounds for keeping him if the correct sum is reached. Of course then it's up to the player if he wants to move or not. So i don't see us getting him for 5 million euros.

He's 29 isn't he? Which i wouldn't say is young, but not too old either. For us anyway :D

Evra is a better attacker than Heinze and is probably faster too. I know we're looking for 1 player to do 2 jobs, but i would still rather see us buy a left-back and a center-back as opposed to a multi-purpose player.

jtelly
23-07-2007, 13:20
Thanks for the price/age correction Jim. I guess i keep thinking of him from playing at the olympics (that's u-23, right). I think i'm unable to let the fact hit me that time goes on, haha....
Since I'm not a mister, i guess that's why i'd still rather have Heinze over Evra! I do think he'll be good for whoever he goes to (probably not us).
Just a question about Pienaar, Sneijder, and some others-why don't we go for them? Are they too similar to Kaka? I just read Pienaar's going to everton for a year loan?

Stezagud
23-07-2007, 13:23
His buy-out clause is £6.8 million i believe, which is what Liverpool have offered and are considering getting lawyers involved as Man Utd don't have any grounds for keeping him if the correct sum is reached. Of course then it's up to the player if he wants to move or not. So i don't see us getting him for 5 million euros.

To activate the clause Heinze had to declare his intention to leave within 2 weeks of the end of the season. He still hasnt done that now so he is well past that date, which means Utd do have solid grounds to keep him. Supposedly. :)

Utd would sell to a foreign club for £6.8m which is about 10m Euro's if Milan are interested. I wouldnt mind Utd keeping him as he gives everything for the cause but he is definately 2nd to Evra for the left back role. Evra is as Jim mentioned faster and much better going forward, he is also in some ways a better defensive left back too as Heinze is very impulsive, he occasionally launches into tackles he has no chance of winning and ends up either fouling people or if they survive it drags the centre backs out of position to cover.

Jim_UK
23-07-2007, 13:29
I think i'm unable to let the fact hit me that time goes on, haha....

You're not the only one, i do that too :D

Just a question about Pienaar, Sneijder, and some others-why don't we go for them? Are they too similar to Kaka? I just read Pienaar's going to everton for a year loan?

I have to be honest and say i never really liked Pienaar and didn't see much in him. I do like Sneijder though and i am a bit surprised no one (to date) has paid much interest in him. However, next year i expect him, Huntelaar & Van der Vaart all to move on. Particularly the last one.

Jim_UK
23-07-2007, 13:33
To activate the clause Heinze had to declare his intention to leave within 2 weeks of the end of the season. He still hasnt done that now so he is well past that date, which means Utd do have solid grounds to keep him. Supposedly. :)

But if that was the case why are Liverpool talking about sending in the legal eagles? That would not make any sense if they had no chance of getting him. Plus i've also read that he wants to move .... and then other reports that he wants to stay, so goodness knows :grinser:

Heinze is very impulsive, he occasionally launches into tackles he has no chance of winning and ends up either fouling people or if they survive it drags the centre backs out of position to cover.

YES! I forgot those points. He is highly impulsive & rash in his tackling. Which at times makes him a liability.

jtelly
23-07-2007, 13:37
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=447425&cc=5739

Interesting headline, eh?
Berlu must realize people are getting nervous. Seems like Sheva's a no-go?

jtelly
23-07-2007, 13:41
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=447457&cc=5739

Bye-bye, Eto'o?

Graeme C
23-07-2007, 14:32
I hope they dont feel that fans want a signing just for the sake of it, fans want signings to improve the squad and for us to be competitive.

If its not - eto - ronaldinho or Sheva... i really hope its not baptista or another rubbish brazilian.

Warro Bantan
23-07-2007, 14:35
peters, though the transfer mkt isnt over, I will concede defeat with regard to our bet re R10 and Etoo.

If Berlu himself can make the strong definitive statements that he has, then it really means that we wont get them..but we will get someone. :D

Warro Bantan
23-07-2007, 15:08
from acmilan.com:

The President then also answered questions relative to the market, trying to clear things out:

“First of all we re-start with an extra Ronaldo and he is a great champion. At the moment we have not made any purchase because we believe that the accessibly players on the market are equal or even inferior to the ones we already have in the squad. If there will be a purchase, it will have to be Milan worthy purchase. We have two observed players, I hope that one of them can help us to improve our squad, therefore we shall see how the situation evolves.” I think I have been saying this, with many others, for some time now...

I have to agree with Berlu here, (not 100%, as we could do with a better LB and a striker, but) in the essence of his statement.

drucurl
23-07-2007, 15:12

I disagree....I really don't see Henry Walking into Barca's lineup...it's very strongly based on money....comming to think of it neither Klose or Toni would automatically be starters if Podolski is in ripping form....stop making excuses Warro :mad:

drucurl
23-07-2007, 15:14

I'll gladly take it.....Argentina played a system in which most of the creativity was supplied by Moralez...this doesn't mean that Aguero can't do it on his own.....I've seen him....he also plays support striker for Athletico and does a great job for a teenager too.......it's sort of like the system brazil used playing Ronaldo in fornt of Rivaldo and Ronaldinho in WC 2002...Ronaldo could have done a lot of what R10 and Rivaldo were doing on his own...but it's more efficient to have a designated #10 :5ok:

Blacktop
23-07-2007, 15:15
..no need to insult people for their opinions BMW...he could have done worse.....like insult ronaldo or something
I am fully capable of taking constructive criticism about Dida, but saying that Storari is better than him is just ludicrous.

Tony29.
23-07-2007, 15:17
Milan offered 17m for Tiago and he chose Juve (Juve's offer was 2 or 3 millions lower). I doubt Juve offered higher wages to him than Milan did.
Don't tell me players don't care about starting place, dru !

GilAttack [11]
23-07-2007, 15:21
Eto'o repetead for the 948323 time that he doesnt want to come, so hopefully we can move on and dont act like Real Madrid.

Warro Bantan
23-07-2007, 15:22
I disagree....I really don't see Henry Walking into Barca's lineup...it's very strongly based on money....comming to think of it neither Klose or Toni would automatically be starters if Podolski is in ripping form....stop making excuses Warro :mad:

Give me a break dru...u r going from the sublime to the ridiculous if you think Henry isnt an automatic starter once fit for Barca...

I am willing to bet all my material posessions that he will start for Barca in every game, again, once fit...Rijkaard will have to switch his formation to include him, but who wouldnt?...well, maybe Carlo wouldnt :D...but thats besides the point....or maybe it is the point..who knows..I am tired and hungry at this point, so before I miss my point, I am going to stop at this point. :D

drucurl
23-07-2007, 15:47
Give me a break dru...u r going from the sublime to the ridiculous if you think Henry isnt an automatic starter once fit for Barca...

I am willing to bet all my material posessions that he will start for Barca in every game, again, once fit...Rijkaard will have to switch his formation to include him, but who wouldnt?...well, maybe Carlo wouldnt ...but thats besides the point....or maybe it is the point..who knows..I am tired and hungry at this point, so before I miss my point, I am going to stop at this point. :D
Who says that he is going to be an auto-starter :confused: The only person I have seen Rijkaard not bench is Ronaldinho....but that's besides the point ...what I was trying to say is that Henry and Eto'o are nearly equal interms of class and ability..regardless of what you think Henry is going to have to earn his place.....similarly there are many players who Milan can buy who are equal or even slightly better in their respective positions....surely any player worth his salt would be ambitious to fight for his spot here......YOUR theory is ridiculous because it presupposes that there are no players out there worthy of displacing the ones we have currently

drucurl
23-07-2007, 15:48
Milan offered 17m for Tiago and he chose Juve (Juve's offer was 2 or 3 millions lower). I doubt Juve offered higher wages to him than Milan did.
Don't tell me players don't care about starting place, dru ! I never said that but it isn't the ONLY consideration

drucurl
23-07-2007, 15:49
I am fully capable of taking constructive criticism about Dida, but saying that Storari is better than him is just ludicrous.
I agree baby but don't insult the kid just yet :respect: (you're forgetting I'm the other fan of the useless cowardly giant :D )

Tony29.
23-07-2007, 15:52
YOUR theory is ridiculous because it presupposes that there are no players out there worthy of displacing the ones we have currently
I'm telling you there is no player worthy of displacing Ronaldo in Milan !

Now, give me the 20 bucks you promised me for saying this.

Warro Bantan
23-07-2007, 16:07
dru..come on man...Henry will walk into Rijkaards line up, or the Dutchman will have to coach elsewhere...that is a no brainer.

We could do with Aguero, but will prob get Pato...apart from that, all we need is a LB, and our transfer mkt can be finished, if I take a pragmatic look at it.

ACMILAN1983
23-07-2007, 16:13
Dev, it's a good post that you wrote, but in this case i don't entirely agree. To become a super power on every front, you need not only 1-2 big signings, but you need 3 or 4 more decent players...

I think we're going to have to agree to disagree on this one Tony. ;) I think Milan has a lot of quality on the bench, but when the squad is decimated like it was last season, it looks a lot weaker. 1-2 signings doesn't mean the side gets stronger but the bench doesn't, as those who may have been regular starters (Janku and Gila for example) will play squad roles thus adding depth to the bench.

The Milan of 2005 was argubly the best of Carlo's era from a technical standpoint, but that squad wasn't without flaws. In the two sides you listed, Maldini playing at LB was a bit of a waste of his ability, as he wasn't capable of playing there regularly, though Stam was also injured a lot during the season (hence, weakening the side). In that midfield, Gattuso wasn't playing with as much bite as he had been in previous seasons, Pirlo wasn't at his best and tbh, Seedorf wasn't much different (just as inconsistent as last season, just he didn't have such long spells of good and bad form). The Attack was good back then, better than now (until we find out who the new purchases are).

The second team back then wasn't particularly better than now imo, the defence was weaker if I'm honest as in CB we now have Bonera and Kaladze/Maldini, rather than Simic and Billy (who was still good, but definately ageing then). Pancaro was a first team player back then due to injuries during that season and did a great job and Kaladze wasn't playing half as well as he did when moved to CB. The midfield looks strong, but bear in mind Ambro was constantly injured (whilst in the past half year has finally recovered and is showing the form he promised back in '99), whilst Rui was really on his last legs at Milan, very rarely by that point able to make the great influence we might hope for. Dhorasoo is the one player I'm a little disappointed we let go, as imo he was better than both Vogel and Brocchi, but then again I believe it was his wish. Serginho actually wasn't as influencial back then as he was a season later when moved to LB (playing his best season yet). The attack was weaker as Pippo was constantly injured (like Ambro he's fully recovered now) and Crespo was a starter.

Now, if we consider the two new signings I propose Milan make, the squad for the upcoming season looks something like this:

------------Dida------------
oddo---Nesta--Maldini/Kala--new LB
--Ambro/Rino----Pirlo----Ambro/Seedorf/Gourcuff
----------Kaka---------------
---------------New signing----
---------R99------------------

----------Kalac--------------
Cafu---Bonera-Kala/Maldini/Favalli--Janku/Serginho/Favalli
---Ambro/Gourcuff-Brocchi-Gourcuff/Seedorf/Ambro/janku--
---------Gourcuff/Seedorf--------
---------------Gourcuff/Seedorf/Serginho---
---------Gila/Pippo--------------

As you can probably see, the squad would greater offer opportunities for rotation than probably ever before. Though some players like Seedorf or Maldini may not be able to perform every game, they have shown they can perform quite superbly when used slightly more sparingly (Maldini was our best defender last season until the injuries flared up from overplaying towards the end, whilst Seedorf only needed the odd break every few weeks and was able to perform stunningly).

I agree Dida isn't as good as he used to be, but he's shown he can still perform more than admirably, and that's enough as Milan never looked to rely to heavily on keepers. I agree Oddo is a step back from Cafu, but I'd propose a world class LB (ideally Zambro), which would return the balance of the past. As for Maldini, he can still play as well as he did back in 2005 as long as he's not overused. He doesn't have Stam now, but he does still have Kala and Bonera to back him up, both excellent defenders.

Simic was never for me a great backup player since 2004, and as mentioned I think overall the defence now is actually stronger through the squad, though the first team defence back then was probably better. The midfield now I'd say is similar. I think a player like Dhorasoo was superb, whilst Rui imo wasn't as influential as in the past, but still able to do a good job. Now, I think Pirlo and Rino's form have improved, but the big bonuses now are Ambro and Gourcuff. It's been years that Milan fans have waited for a fully fit and performing Ambro, and he really is one of the best around when playing, as he's proven many times he a clutch player. Gourcuff is the unknown element for me, a quality player, but hard to guess if he can make the step up and really improve the squad.

The attack should get a new signing, so we can't compare the two yet. However, I think at the least we can get Ronaldo back to being as good as Sheva at his best (and I won't be surprised if he does better), and if you add the new star signing, with Gila and Pippo backing them up, I don't think it looks all that bad compared to 2005 (ps - Oliveira is gone). ;)

I really believe one star for LB and one star for attack is all we really need to be complete, because of the potential rotation mentioned above (you can make two VERY strong lineups with that squad). A strong DM would be a pleasant bonus, but not necessary.

edit: Almost forgot what I consider as possibly the most important element. Back in 2005 the squad was technically superb as I said, but mentally pretty weak. Suffering from the set back of Deportivo and also over-confidence/lack of motivation, it was critical to the lack of successes of the side. As much as last season was a nightmare, in this respect it's done wonders to the squad, as not only has confidence come back (after the "revenge" against Liverpool), but also there is a great deal of hunger to do more now. The mentality of the current squad is far better. Last but not least, for many key players (Kaka and Pirlo more than anyone), the summer has finally been one where they can rest, unlike the previous 4-5 years. Physically, I think the side should be at it's strongest next season, unlike the previous years.

hitmannq8
23-07-2007, 16:23
Berlusconi on Pato from acmilan.com: “He’s a player we are following and we consider him of great value. Even though he is only 17 years old, we believe that we can invest in the player, like we did for example for Gourcuff who in France is considered the only real heir to Zidane. If we decide to buy Pato right now, his arrival would exclude any other arrival, in fact we don’t want to create too much dualism considering we already have a big squad in my opinion.”

As many of us have predicted, Pato will probably be brought in January so that we can get another world-class Non-EU striker. After ruling out Eto'o, Dinho and Sheva I don't see any promising Non-EU strikers out there (that are available).

Ghost
23-07-2007, 16:27
dru..come on man...Henry will walk into Rijkaards line up, or the Dutchman will have to coach elsewhere...that is a no brainer.

We could do with Aguero, but will prob get Pato...apart from that, all we need is a LB, and our transfer mkt can be finished, if I take a pragmatic look at it.

I think if Frank refuses to play Henry the club will hang him upside down, its a bit like us splashing out 16 Mill on a 29 yo and then decide he isnt in the starting line up.

We can forget Augerro, do you guys remember show much a.madrid paid for him? To top it all off he is not even Euro proven, a big risk if you ask me. There were so many young Argentines that impressed me in the U-20 WC, wouldnt it be great if we had first option on all of them?

drucurl
23-07-2007, 17:02

Now, give me the 20 bucks you promised me for saying this.
the cheque's in the mail :1five:

nefremo
23-07-2007, 17:47
Ej Tony, how about you guys take both Moralez and Aguero and leave us Banega? I'll gladly accept that one. In my mind both Moralez and Aguero were exeptional but I couldn't help but be amazed at Banega's creativity and work in the midfield. Every single good attack went through his feet for Argentina. I was amazed by him.....he will surely be one of the best in the CM in the upcomming years.

peters
23-07-2007, 17:48
peters, though the transfer mkt isnt over, I will concede defeat with regard to our bet re R10 and Etoo.

If Berlu himself can make the strong definitive statements that he has, then it really means that we wont get them..but we will get someone. :D
bah i knew it all along ... its just big-mouth administration and frenzy press that makes us write 200+ pages about nothing, drolling all over it. Maybe thats better in the end anyway, we could get him next year way cheaper (r10). Since i prolly won the bet i'm entitled to your services as a guide if i ever come to the shiny side of america. Dope included :w221:

i also think henry's gonna taste some bench this year. Many people, including much of cules with brains still remember what he's like and how happy they were that they didnt sign that cry-baby last year after the CL final. Now after one year of mostly being injured they got him hehe... and only good performances will guarantee him starting 11 and maybe a place before messi, etoo or dinho in cules heart.

On the other hand rijkaard is all about rotation, he cant coach otherwise (for me his tactics are on a pretty low lvl anyway). Even dinho was put on 'forced vacation' this year for 2 games in a row i think. So the fantastic 4 wont play together much i think, specially not if/after they loose one or 2 games with that setting.

ForeverMilan
23-07-2007, 18:04
i just want Pato and Lahm,with them we would be complete.

Tony29.
23-07-2007, 18:05
Ej Tony, how about you guys take both Moralez and Aguero and leave us Banega? I'll gladly accept that one. In my mind both Moralez and Aguero were exeptional but I couldn't help but be amazed at Banega's creativity and work in the midfield. Every single good attack went through his feet for Argentina. I was amazed by him.....he will surely be one of the best in the CM in the upcomming years.
Nope, you had your chance with Banega senior ( aka Redondo :grinser: ) but you've missed it. This one's ours !

Does he remind You of Redondo or it's only me ?

And Gilattack, i think you're from Argentina. Don't you think Moralez is really, REALLY, similar to el Burrito :) Even physically and with the way they play ? (although Ortega was better dribbler)
Also, if you're from Argentina, could you list some players, younger, 18-23 years old players, who weren't playing in u20 but can become big ?

drucurl
23-07-2007, 18:15

Rijkaard is stubborn not stupid....if Eto'o is banging them in (the goals that is :D ) and Titty isn't ...guess who might ride some pine :uhm:

Giorgos
23-07-2007, 18:34
Rijkaard is stubborn not stupid....if Eto'o is banging them in (the goals that is :D ) and Titty isn't ...guess who might ride some pine :uhm:

Men, you never give so much money for a player to have him in the bench. They will probably play with the four of them and Eto'o with Henry in front.

kastriot
23-07-2007, 18:45
Men, you never give so much money for a player to have him in the bench. They will probably play with the four of them and Eto'o with Henry in front.

Its not about the money,in fact they didnt pay him that much...Chelskey paid more for Sheva,and I`m positive that henry`s contribution to barca will be much more than his...

So its not about the money its about that you`re not supposed to keep Henry benched,same as CHelskey did with Sheva(though he was useless individually) however the was a good team player, Didn`t Drogba flourish since Sheva`s arrival.

kris
23-07-2007, 19:10

Our managment have never said he is a defensive midfielder. they said he can play a role in midfield.

nefremo
23-07-2007, 21:30
Yea, he reminds me or Redondo as well. That's the first player I thought of when I saw him play. To be honest, I don't think he lost a single ball (maybe a couple but I can't recall :grinser: ) in the final and it's not like he wasn't under pressure as the Czechs were putting pressure on him expecially in the second half. Surprizingly I haven't read anything about him, as if nobody is interested or maybe I am not checking the right sources. Any news if someone is interested in him?

zlatanov
23-07-2007, 21:50
Yea, he reminds me or Redondo as well. That's the first player I thought of when I saw him play. To be honest, I don't think he lost a single ball (maybe a couple but I can't recall :grinser: ) in the final and it's not like he wasn't under pressure as the Czechs were putting pressure on him expecially in the second half. Surprizingly I haven't read anything about him, as if nobody is interested or maybe I am not checking the right sources. Any news if someone is interested in him?
yes, Milan ;)

Milan have been tracking banega for some time now (I think half a year roughly as that's when he gained starting spot on the Boca team to take Gago's place when FG was sold to Real M) ... Carlo seems to be keeping an eye on the young Argentinians and Banega is probably his main target as Milan are yet to find a Pirlo alternative.

Tony29.
23-07-2007, 21:52
Boca sold Gago and Banega replaced him, making his debut less than half a year ago. I doubt they will sell him this year. After all they are the champions of SA and it will be too much for them to lose another talent after Gago. Plus Banega is only 19 and his price is relatively low compared to how much he'll cost in 2 years if he develops as we predict.
But eventhough only 19 yo he has Copa Libertadores final behind him.

P.S : If he performs well against Milan in the intercontinental cup final between Boca and Milan (it's not 100% sure this will be the final but it will probably be) maybe your dreams will come true.....especially if he impresses Berlu, kinda like what Boban and Savicevic did in the past :)

GilAttack [11]
23-07-2007, 21:57
He wont leave Boca Juniors for another two years, unless he pushes for that move (ala Gago...with the difference that Banega seems to enjoy it more over there)...and once he leaves, I think Real Madrid will have a say and if he keeps improving they wont let him join another european side. I will try to find an article stating that Real Madrid got a first option on Banega.

Edit: LOL, that didnt take long. I just put Banega+Real+Madrid on Google and came with one article. And its reliable since there are words from Boca's president, Mauricio Macri, stating that Real Madrid will have a chance to match any offer for Banega, Cahais (Argentina's U-20 captain) and Maidana (Another central defender).
http://www.marca.com/edicion/marca/futbol/1a_division/real_madrid/es/desarrollo/722304.html

Tony29.
23-07-2007, 22:03
']He wont leave Boca Juniors for another two years, unless he pushes for that move (ala Gago...with the difference that Banega seems to enjoy it more over there)...and once he leaves, I think Real Madrid will have a say and if he keeps improving they wont let him join another european side. I will try to find an article stating that Real Madrid got a first option on Banega.

Edit: LOL, that didnt take long. I just put Banega+Real+Madrid on Google and came with one article. And its reliable since there are words from Boca's president, Mauricio Macri, stating that Real Madrid will have a chance to match any offer for Banega, Cahais (Argentina's U-20 captain) and Maidana (Another central defender).
http://www.marca.com/edicion/marca/futbol/1a_division/real_madrid/es/desarrollo/722304.html
Where is the catch here ? Why are Real and Boca so close ?

GilAttack [11]
23-07-2007, 22:09
Where is the catch here ? Why are Real and Boca so close ?

As I posted yesterday, this one goes back to the Gago deal.

Tony29.
23-07-2007, 22:15
']As I posted yesterday, this one goes back to the Gago deal.
Aha, thanx.
Well, considering how Real payed +20m euro for a 20 years old i don't doubt Boca's president would like to do business again with Calderon.
And Calderon made it clear that he has a policy of signing young players to replace the old stars. I wouldn't be surprised even if i see half of the Argentinian u20 play in Real Madrid after 2 or 3 years.

GilAttack [11]
23-07-2007, 22:19
Aha, thanx.
Well, considering how Real payed +20m euro for a 20 years old i don't doubt Boca's president would like to do business again with Calderon.
And Calderon made it clear that he has a policy of signing young players to replace the old stars. I wouldn't be surprised even if i see half of the Argentinian u20 play in Real Madrid after 2 or 3 years.

Wont happen, they arent high ceiling players as many seem to believe. There are a few that are capable of developing into great players, but most of them will be average pros (meaning, not difference makers).

Tony29.
23-07-2007, 22:30
']Wont happen, they arent high ceiling players as many seem to believe. There are a few that are capable of developing into great players, but most of them will be average pros (meaning, not difference makers).
Lol, i wasn't serious about Real buying half of the team but you could never know how they will develop and how successful they will be. Of course, you know them MUCH better than i do and you are more familiar with their capabilities but youngsters may easily surprise. Maybe 6-7 of them will be among world's best in their position.
Similar thing happened with another u20 champions, the Yugoslav team from 1987, from which around 10 players finished in best teams in the world, winning CL's with Juve, Milan, Real etc (Boban, Mijatovic, Suker, Mihajlovic, Jugovic...)

I really like Argentina and i like this u20 team so i'm probably a little biased and i'm not looking at things realistically. I hope most of them will succeed in Europe :)

hitmannq8
23-07-2007, 22:53
Jim_UK you sure there is no other sayin that goes like what I said? Strange, because there should be one.. Settling with your ex-gf now until Liz Hurley becomes available isn't such a bad idea innit? ;)

Nordahl
23-07-2007, 23:38

Henry, Eto'o, Gaucho, Drogba, even Pato can turn Ronaldo into a sub.