PDA

View Full Version : Winter Mercato

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

Tony29.
23-07-2007, 23:54
Henry, Eto'o, Gaucho, Drogba, even Pato can turn Ronaldo into a sub.
Between me and you, even Vagner Love took Ronaldo's place. If he did it than what's left for Ronaldinho, Henry or Messi ?

But don't say this in front of Dru....let him think Ronaldo is still the best :grinser:

drucurl
24-07-2007, 00:27
Henry, Eto'o, Gaucho, Drogba, even Pato can turn Ronaldo into a sub.
Ahem :nunu:

drucurl
24-07-2007, 00:37
Between me and you, even Vagner Love took Ronaldo's place. If he did it than what's left for Ronaldinho, Henry or Messi ?

But don't say this in front of Dru....let him think Ronaldo is still the best :grinser:

Er er not really...I think Ronaldo is the best EVER :5ok: but right now there are players who are simply better than him ....mainly due to the losses he suffered from his injuries but also doe to natural aging processes.

I would rank Kaka, CR7, Eto'o, Ronaldinho as better attackers than him...Messi and Aguero seem to be kicking him further down the food chain as well ...but these kids have a lot to prove first :bri: Drogba isn't in his class and Wagner Love isn't fit to shine the inderside of Ronaldo's pegs for sheezy :stupid: Sheva came close but really was never truly as brilliant even if he was a far more complete player

There is also the however infinitesimally slim hope that Ronaldo may recover his Barca/Early Inter form for two years...... if he does and wins the WOPY (however unlikely to win it a fourth time) then I'd have no shadow of a doubt in my mind that he is the best ever.......... atm the arguments for Pele and Maradonna oftentimes seem to be more credible than my own about Ronaldo this is why I'm not dogmatic about it :respect:

Rojo y Negro
24-07-2007, 03:31
Berlusconi's statement recently disappointed many people but his words are those of a wise man. I fully support what he stated. Many of the players that are available to buy will not improve Milan and thats what Berlusconi is seeking. If Milan were to buy every players mentioned in these forums, firstly they would be broke and secondly would not have had the success displayed in the last decade.

Milan must only buy players that will improve the team. R10 was a target but Berlusconi was never going to pay 84 million pounds for one player. That is crazy. Milan need players that will help the club and still keep its family atmosphere intact.

One point that I feel Berlusconi should address is some youth. I agree that experience counts for heaps but you do need players that will carry the torch forward in years to come. Milan need to think about breeding players in slowly. Pato would be a good start though I think he is slightly over priced because of his hype.

Banega is also a great player and one that Milan should keep their eye on. There are so many great promising young players out there Milan need to get selective in who they bring in. I feel that Milan did the right thing in sending Di Gennaro out on loan to gain some experience.

For the striker that Berlusconi talked about I believe it will be Sheva or Pato.

Graeme C
24-07-2007, 03:49
im disapointed as its not making us very competitive, playing all the youth players in important games could be suicide. Although i agree the likes of Darmian and Auba should be playing Coppa games. We just need a decent LB and striker.

Bram
24-07-2007, 04:04
What the hell is Ibrahim Ba doing in our squad again?? He is like gone for 7 or 8 years ??

Jim_UK
24-07-2007, 04:20
What the hell is Ibrahim Ba doing in our squad again?? He is like gone for 7 or 8 years ??

Because he's now a 34 year old wing genius, with more talent and skill than Ronaldinho, Cristiano Ronaldo & Messi put together!!

Either that or he has some dodgy photos of Galliani that he used to blackmail his way into the side :grinser:

Graeme C
24-07-2007, 04:30
hes just another Harvey Esajas, i hope he really doesnt get much playing time. Or takes up a squad place in the champ league list.

Jim_UK
24-07-2007, 04:37
Is there a limit on how many players you can have in your squad for Serie A?

I didn't think there was, though i might be wrong.

Graeme C
24-07-2007, 04:40
for the champ league i think there is, not for Seria A. I might be wrong though

Graeme C
24-07-2007, 05:39
Chiellini is again this morning apparently closer to a Juve exit, i hope the powers that be read the forum and take it into consideration. A decent 22 LB who is the current u-21 captain, and who would gain so much experience playing with Nesta, Maldini, Billy and Oddo.

rosoneri_11
24-07-2007, 06:31
Have anyone noticed that tribalfootball have not posted any news for 3 days? When i go to italian news they show me the 21-7-07 news as the most recent news. Looks like they're fantasy has stuck. :rolleyes:

Giorgos
24-07-2007, 06:39
for the champ league i think there is, not for Seria A. I might be wrong though

I remember from the games but.... also from Greek vlubs that in CL you have to gave a list of about 25-28 players that will have the ticket to play in the group stage, then you are allowed to make some changes to this list at the "16" stage. I think there is no rule for the number of players for the leagues.... :5ok: .

Jim_UK
24-07-2007, 06:41
Joannis! Don't read their lies!!!!! :D

rosoneri_11
24-07-2007, 06:48
Joannis! Don't read their lies!!!!! :D

I know that are lies. But when we have such a hot summer transfer,the sun is burning my head and i'm so curious that i can't succumb of not reading their stories. :grinser:

Jim_UK
24-07-2007, 07:06
I know that are lies. But when we have such a hot summer transfer,the sun is burning my head and i'm so curious that i can't succumb of not reading their stories. :grinser:

You should come over here then, it's not that hot. In fact we have more rain coming in the next few days, so it's cool enough to resist Tribalfootball :D

Giorgos
24-07-2007, 07:10
You should come over here then, it's not that hot. In fact we have more rain coming in the next few days, so it's cool enough to resist Tribalfootball :D

Can i come also? the temperature now is 38 and it will go 43 :

http://www.iama.gr/weather/index.html

Jim_UK
24-07-2007, 07:15
Can i come also? the temperature now is 38 and it will go 43 :

http://www.iama.gr/weather/index.html

haha, of course Giorgos, the more the merrier :D I think the temp here is around 18C. You might need a jumper if you are not used to it :grinser:

kris
24-07-2007, 07:23
Aha, thanx.
Well, considering how Real payed +20m euro for a 20 years old i don't doubt Boca's president would like to do business again with Calderon.
And Calderon made it clear that he has a policy of signing young players to replace the old stars. I wouldn't be surprised even if i see half of the Argentinian u20 play in Real Madrid after 2 or 3 years.

I don't think Gago is old enough to be replaced by Banega yet :D

Really it would be strange for them signing him as they just got Gago who is a similar player. Unless they are into collecting players like Chelsea.

for us he is just another in a long line of non-eu interests that we must choose between.

Hasan Rossonero
24-07-2007, 07:26
Kakà, 'Nessuna clausola per andare via, qui fino al 2011'

14:05 del 24 luglio

KakàIl brasiliano del Milan, Kakà, in conferenza stampa, ha parlato del suo futuro, dopo le insistenti voci sull'interessamento del Real Madrid e di un suo eventuale passaggio al club blanco. "Non ho mai fatto richieste di clausole per andare via - ha detto Kakà. L'incontro col Real c'è stato e il primo a saperlo è stato il Milan. Sono fiducioso su quello che ha detto Berlusconi per il futuro. Io ho un contratto fino al 2011 e se il Milan vorrà tenermi resterò qui. I soldi nella vita non sono tutto.

---

calciomercato

Kaka has said in a press conference that he has never requested a rescindable clause, and he trusts what Berlusconi has said about the future. He also added that he has a contract until 2011, and if Milan want to keep him he will stay here. Finally, on a philosophical note, he says money is not everything in life.

From acmilan.com:

'Mi vedo come un simbolo del Milan, voglio essere un simbolo di questa squadra'

---

"I perceive myself as the symbol of Milan, and I want to be a symbol of this team."

Hasan Rossonero
24-07-2007, 07:33
Fifa refers Tevez dispute to CAS
Carlos Tevez
Tevez is keen to move to Old Trafford
Fifa has recommended that the Carlos Tevez dispute should go to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

--
bbc

I know the Tevez transfer seemed like a very remote possibility a few days ago, but with FIFA also unwilling or unable to rule on this matter, is it high time that Milan make a sneaky bid. If ownership rules are indeed more relaxed in Italy, West Ham want to sell, and Tevez wants to leave, would it not be perfect that Milan step in and make a bid? Or are you guys cautious of getting involved in this mess?

Ghost
24-07-2007, 07:45
"I perceive myself as the symbol of Milan, and I want to be a symbol of this team."

What convincing words, Thanks Hasan

Nordahl
24-07-2007, 07:54
With Ronaldinho Gaucho and Eto'o being the more and more away from us, I guess that most of the fans here will realize that we made a BIG mistake in not signing Fernando Torres.

Nordahl
24-07-2007, 07:55
... and if we don't act real fast regarding Pato's transfer, we'll lost him too.

jtelly
24-07-2007, 08:00
Hasan, Fifa ruling is expected to come later today. For some reason, i think tevez wants to stay in england and i for one just think it would upset things.
Someone awhile back was talking about Dhorasoo and wishing he would stay, but look what happened to him after he left here. Argue with management, sat out a year (or some amount of time) and now back to serie a. So i guess we'll see how he's aged.
On a separate note, I think Berlu runs a 'special' atmosphere at milanello and all around. you never hear players dog milan after they left (or maybe they do but i ignore it) so i think attitude goes a long way. it's like he's the godfather and/or puts something in the kool-aid to make everyone rossoneri inside!
remember, Kaka belongs to jesus. His heart is good and will remain milan for a long, long time!

Jim_UK
24-07-2007, 08:11
Tevez would be a good signing and leaving an offer on West Ham's desk can do no harm.

Hasan Rossonero
24-07-2007, 08:15
Hasan, Fifa ruling is expected to come later today. For some reason, i think tevez wants to stay in england and i for one just think it would upset things.
Someone awhile back was talking about Dhorasoo and wishing he would stay, but look what happened to him after he left here. Argue with management, sat out a year (or some amount of time) and now back to serie a. So i guess we'll see how he's aged.
On a separate note, I think Berlu runs a 'special' atmosphere at milanello and all around. you never hear players dog milan after they left (or maybe they do but i ignore it) so i think attitude goes a long way. it's like he's the godfather and/or puts something in the kool-aid to make everyone rossoneri inside!
remember, Kaka belongs to jesus. His heart is good and will remain milan for a long, long time!

Good post.

Actually the ruling is that they can't rule on the matter. I, for one, would like Tevez at Milan. And as for Kaka's heart belonging to Jesus, the player certainly seems very devout, and that is a good thing IMO, as his conduct thus far has been exemplary.

Jim_UK
24-07-2007, 08:18
Milan-Real, battles for Pato. It marks ' Wants only the Madrid' (Calciomercato)

14:11 of the 24 July

The Milan heads with decision at the young Brazilian forward but in ambush there is the Real Madrid. According to the Spanish It marks, Pedja Mijatovic and Gilmar Veloz, agent of Pato, have gathered saturday to the Santiago Bernabeu in order to speak about the young Brazilian star. The answer of Veloz according to the Spanish newspaper would have been much explicit one: "Calm, Pato wants to only play in the Real Madrid".

--------------------------------------

This is the translated version, so it might have lost something when put into English. However, if this is the case and Pato's Agent's words are correct, then it would seem we may have been beaten to another player.

jtelly
24-07-2007, 08:22
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=447504&cc=5739

From this, my impressions are that they will actually have final say in the matter. the FA royally screwed it up, imo. Fifa is pretty ok with 3rd party ownership, but also like scudamore says in the article, it would cause major chaos if there was a big shakedown and west ham got relegated-would poor freddie ljungberg be whining about arsenal now?!
Also, I think i'm letting my opinions about Tevez's advisors/agents get in the way of my opinions of him as a player. for that, he's top-notch no doubt, although he was a bit absent in the copa final (and didn't start when crespo was fit). 30 million for him? too much, i say. 15-20? sure thing.
On a very way off side note, anybody remember when milan played salzburg in CL like in 94? well red bull bought salzburg and is trying to make them a top team in europe, it'd be funny if they played them again this year (although redbull still has to go through qualifying).

Maltese Charlie
24-07-2007, 08:31
:p017: This interview will make a lot of us here very HAPPY!!!!!!!!

Sorry guys I don't have time for a translation because i'm in a hurry, but for sure you will find somebody to do so.

ENJOY!!!!!! :5ok: :p017:

tgCOM

Kakà e il Milan: amore infinito
Nuovo fronte: Real su Pato

di Brandi e Palladini

Erano attese da tempo le prime parole di Kakà dopo il tormentone dell'estate "Real o non Real". Oggi in conferenza stampa a Milanello, il fuoriclasse brasiliano ha chiarito tutto. Una volta per tutte. "Voglio diventare un simbolo del Milan, da qui non me ne andrò". Una frase che cancella ogni speranza madrilena, anche per il futuro. "Non ho mai voluto andarmene, non è vero che io abbia chiesto un incontro alla società per valutare la possibilità di lasciare il Milan", ha detto Kakà aggiungendo che "il fatto di restare o meno a Milanello non riguarda questioni economiche". Un ultimo riferimento a chi, come Shevchenko, se n'è andato via: "Chi ha lasciato il Milan, mi ha detto che non è stato bene lontano da Milano". Più chiaro di così...

Chiusa una guerra, tra Real e Milan ne sta per scatenarsi un'altra. Calderon si è buttato su Pato Alexandre. Non a caso. Il quotidiano spagnolo Marca scende anche nei particolari: "Sia i madridisti che i milanisti sono convinti di avere in mano Pato per la prossima stagione. Ma il suo agente Gilmar Veloz ha detto chiaramente che il ragazzo vuole giocare solo nel Real". Difficile pensare che un vecchio volpone come Gilmar si sia davvero lasciato andare a una confidenza di questo tipo, ma il dato di fatto è che la Casa Blanca è scatenata alla caccia di questo ragazzo. Un talento che lo stesso presidente Berlusconi ha promosso a pieni voti: "Pato lo stiamo guardando, siamo sicuri del suo valore e siamo intenzionati a procedere in questa direzione". Restano gli altri obiettivi da raggiungere. C'è la voglia di prendere un grande attaccante, espressa dallo stesso presidente: "Abbiamo due giocatori in osservazione, stiamo trattando. Il vero problema è che i giocatori disponibili o acquistabili non erano superiori a quelli che il Milan ha già in rosa. Abbiamo già dei campioni". E una porta aperta per Ronaldinho, quella rimane sempre. Anche se dall'altra parte c'è lo sbarramento, per ora: "Ho girato tutta l'Italia nel corso dell'ultima campagna elettorale e tutti mi chiedevano di acquistare Ronaldinho. La verità è che se il presidente del Barcellona dovesse vendere Ronaldinho dovrebbe poi espatriare".

jtelly
24-07-2007, 08:36
Sorry Hasan...just read that Fifa has passed the buck and it is heading to the court of arbitration.
either way, it looks like he'll be tied up till the 8/31 at least....

drucurl
24-07-2007, 08:40
With Ronaldinho Gaucho and Eto'o being the more and more away from us, I guess that most of the fans here will realize that we made a BIG mistake in not signing Fernando Torres.
I agree 100% Torres has soooo much potential...his only relative weakness is his finishing and under the tutelage of Superman (aka Ronaldo) and Superpippo he 's bound to learn a thing or two....Ronaldo-Torres would have been a partnership that would be like a turbocharged version of Yorke Cole :(

Sleep
24-07-2007, 08:44
Milan-Real, battles for Pato. It marks ' Wants only the Madrid' (Calciomercato)

14:11 of the 24 July

The Milan heads with decision at the young Brazilian forward but in ambush there is the Real Madrid. According to the Spanish It marks, Pedja Mijatovic and Gilmar Veloz, agent of Pato, have gathered saturday to the Santiago Bernabeu in order to speak about the young Brazilian star. The answer of Veloz according to the Spanish newspaper would have been much explicit one: "Calm, Pato wants to only play in the Real Madrid".

--------------------------------------

This is the translated version, so it might have lost something when put into English. However, if this is the case and Pato's Agent's words are correct, then it would seem we may have been beaten to another player.

I don't understand Italy, but following this
http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Calciomercato/Primo_Piano/2007/07_Luglio/24/patoreal.shtml

I think that news is translated from Marca. I feel a little relieved:D. Those we should sign Pato as soon as possible. Why hesitates because of Shevchenko or Eto'o?

Jim_UK
24-07-2007, 08:48
I don't understand Italian either Sleep. But it seems this new business about Pato & Madrid is in Maltese Charlie's post also. Maybe someone can translate it properly and tell us what's going on :D

ACMILAN1983
24-07-2007, 08:55
Hasan, as highly as rate Tevez, I don't think it's necessarily a good idea to get involved in that mess.

im disapointed as its not making us very competitive, playing all the youth players in important games could be suicide. Although i agree the likes of Darmian and Auba should be playing Coppa games. We just need a decent LB and striker.

I think we're pretty competitive through the squad and felt my last post (the long reply to Tony) showed that. Even if you take out the 2 new signings and stick to the current squad (which is so unlikely, it's really not worth considering imo, or at the very least I think we'll make one big signing), the squad is still competitive, though probably not capable of winning more than one big competition. The chances Darmian would play more than Coppa or the odd meaningless league match is also very unlikely, unless he's ready as we have depth.

ACMILAN1983
24-07-2007, 09:13
About Maltese Charlie's post, it says how Kaka has confirmed that he not only wants to stay at Milan, but he feels he wants to be a symbol of Milan. He also says that he's never asked to leave or requested about the possibility of leaving (the contract clause rumour). He also says that money isn't a part of his decision. Finally, he says that Sheva says he doesn't feel happy being away from Milan.

As for the part about Pato, Marca (already puts the rumour to void) states that Gilmar Veloz (Pato's agent) has said Pato only wants Madrid. It mentions what Berlu said about Milan pursuing Pato too, then ends with Berlu's comments about 2 players being watched and if Ronaldinho leaves Barca then Laporta will have to leave the country.

True that Dhorasoo has had some run ins with coaches in his career, but at Milan he never had any problems, and management let him go as he wished to return to Paris. I'm sure if he'd have stayed he'd have been better than both Vogel and Brocchi. Additionally, he was a player that can play backup to Pirlo.

zlatanov
24-07-2007, 09:21
if there is something to be FINALLY realized here is that Milan didn't want Torres to begin with - you guys can choose him in your FMs all you want, but the truth is that if Milan wanted Torres, he would have arrived here 2 years ago when he was very close to Milan but the club pulled out of the negotiations as they saw bringing him to Italy as too big of a risk and not worth investing 30+ mil in him (Braida's words).
If they really wanted him, they would have made a move this summer too when it was obvious that he had decided to finally leave Atletico and only the financial side of a possible deal had to be worked out.

This isn't a question of "hey, we have 50 mil to spend and since etoo and Dinho are not available, let's spend it on Torres for the sake of it and see what happens" ...

This summer it's not been Dinho or Etoo and if neither, then Torres ... I am sure Milan has a plan B, several of them in fact, but there are few players Milan would end up buying for 30+ mil (actually make that 40 mil) and Torres is not and has never been one of them ... and until the summer of 2005, Milan had been tracking and courting the player for 4 years, so if they decided that he is not worth the financial sacrifice, then they sure have a good reason for not having him on their list of wanted players.

rosoneri_11
24-07-2007, 09:41

You are so lucky Jim! Here at Greece we are suffering.The weather is very hot!
I will take your invitation very serious! :diablo:

hitmannq8
24-07-2007, 09:41
What's your guys take on what Pato's agent has recent declared about him wanting only Madrid?

What happened to the "We are CL champions, alot of players want to join us now" declarations?

Its fine with me to see us not bringing in Dinho or Eto'o, I understand..But to see us lose on Pato we'd really frustrate me. I know it is Marca that reported that rumour but still it ain't nice to read something like that after many of us believed he was so close to joining Milan.

rosoneri_11
24-07-2007, 09:46

Yes,yes,yes! I agree it was a big mistake.But the only thing i can say is.......

.....bye bye Torres :kap:

drucurl
24-07-2007, 10:13
Zlat and Warro :v46: then explain Olivera...if Torres is soooo overrated what prevented us from trying to fix our mistake by buying Torres :dontkn:

zlatanov
24-07-2007, 10:13
http://www.tgcom.mediaset.it/controcampo/articoli/articolo372237.shtml

the article above says that there are rumours circulatin in River Plate that Lazio have managed to afford Carrizo with the financial backing of Milan.
It says that Milan had approached the player in the winter but River wanted 8.5 mil, which Milan deemed as too high a price for an unproven keeper. Several months later, Lazio made their approach but Lotito for a long time wasn't willing to go above 5 mil for the player but all of a sudden they closed the deal for 7.5 mil ... and Milan is believed to be behind Lazio's increased offer as they didn't want this to go to a bidding war, which would have only driven the player's price up and damage the two clubs.

According to the article, Carrizo will stay at Lazio until Dida's adventure at Milan comes to an end and then he would move to Milan for a pre-set amount of money.

zlatanov
24-07-2007, 10:22
Zlat and Warro :v46: then explain Olivera...if Torres is soooo overrated what prevented us from trying to fix our mistake by buying Torres :dontkn:
Oliveira wasn't tracked for 5 years, was he ... he was more of a plan C solution - after Ibra and Ronaldo - in a market that was 1 week away from it's closing day i.e. the options available for transfers were very scarce, which drove his price up ... and it still wasn't 35-40 mil, was it?
see, it wasn't that hard ;)

Oliveira's tranfer was an emergency move in abnormal circumstances, a risk that didn't pay the dividents Milan hoped for ...

does that mean we should go blindly for another, even more expensive, risk just because we did it once already, it didn't work out and now it can be conveniently used as an excuse by FM fanatics - "hey we wasted so much money on RO, why are we afraid to waste twice that for Torres" :5inter:

drucurl
24-07-2007, 10:43
^ of course not we should simply turn up our nose at every available superstar and brand them an over priced overrated non-milan material waste of money unlike our illustrious Ibrahim Ba :wallbang:

Kaka--7thUCL
24-07-2007, 10:58
Milan are waiting on R10 to long, I'd of let him go by now and look at more available players who will become equally as great, Pato would be a start.

Siregar
24-07-2007, 11:04
http://www.tgcom.mediaset.it/controcampo/articoli/articolo372237.shtml

the article above says that there are rumours circulatin in River Plate that Lazio have managed to afford Carrizo with the financial backing of Milan.
It says that Milan had approached the player in the winter but River wanted 8.5 mil, which Milan deemed as too high a price for an unproven keeper. Several months later, Lazio made their approach but Lotito for a long time wasn't willing to go above 5 mil for the player but all of a sudden they closed the deal for 7.5 mil ... and Milan is believed to be behind Lazio's increased offer as they didn't want this to go to a bidding war, which would have only driven the player's price up and damage the two clubs.

According to the article, Carrizo will stay at Lazio until Dida's adventure at Milan comes to an end and then he would move to Milan for a pre-set amount of money.
Is it like a co-owned player, Zlat? Such this kind of transfer of Carizzo has happened in the past?

GilAttack [11]
24-07-2007, 11:12
Oliveira wasn't tracked for 5 years, was he ... he was more of a plan C solution - after Ibra and Ronaldo - in a market that was 1 week away from it's closing day i.e. the options available for transfers were very scarce, which drove his price up ... and it still wasn't 35-40 mil, was it?
see, it wasn't that hard ;)

Oliveira's tranfer was an emergency move in abnormal circumstances, a risk that didn't pay the dividents Milan hoped for ...

does that mean we should go blindly for another, even more expensive, risk just because we did it once already, it didn't work out and now it can be conveniently used as an excuse by FM fanatics - "hey we wasted so much money on RO, why are we afraid to waste twice that for Torres" :5inter:

Well, I said our future GK was going to be Carrizo so maybe I was not mistaken :grinser:

zlatanov
24-07-2007, 11:24
^ of course not we should simply turn up our nose at every available superstar and brand them an over priced overrated non-milan material waste of money unlike our illustrious Ibrahim Ba :wallbang:
is there something wrong with ba training at Milan - because that's what's he's gonna be doing as no one from the club or even journalists has ever counted him as a "reinforcement" - or is it that whenever someone's argument falls short, Ba's name is conveniently thrown into the mix to patch things up? :rolleyes:

']Well, I said our future GK was going to be Carrizo so maybe I was not mistaken :grinser:
good for you ... and good for him too :D

King tiger
24-07-2007, 11:39
is there something wrong with ba training at Milan - because that's what's he's gonna be doing as no one from the club or even journalists has ever counted him as a "reinforcement" - or is it that whenever someone's argument falls short, Ba's name is conveniently thrown into the mix to patch things up? :rolleyes:

wtf are u talkin about ? it is clear that galliani thinks that Ba is worthy of place in Milan squad :mad:

damn you galliani and berlusconi!

edit : and he isnt a goodloking romantic boy

:D

Warro Bantan
24-07-2007, 11:40

Thanks Zlat, couldnt have said it better myself. :5ok:

drucurl
24-07-2007, 11:55

He isn't just training here is is in our squad :eekani: and there is nothing wrong with Ba training with us....but there is definitely something wrong with Ba arriving before the Torres' the Quaresma's the Ronaldinhos and the Agueros......You can play with words and soak your replies with innuendos as much as you like but I'm sure you know deep down that my concerns are legitimate.
How you know that no one from the club deems as a reinforcement is beyond me as well, if he is playing for us then he would count as one :mad:

MiamiMilanista
24-07-2007, 11:56
IMO we need to reinforce the backline just as bad as the front. I think we missed out big time on Henry and G. Milito for these two positions and will need to start moving...

Graeme C
24-07-2007, 12:02
Chiellini and Cassano are still available :P

zlatanov
24-07-2007, 12:05
He isn't just training here is is in our squad :eekani: and there is nothing wrong with Ba training with us....but there is definitely something wrong with Ba arriving before the Torres' the Quaresma's the Ronaldinhos and the Agueros......You can play with words and soak your replies with innuendos as much as you like but I'm sure you know deep down that my concerns are legitimate.
rest my case.

dru, if you spent the same amount of time on putting some thought in your arguments as you do playing FM, we wouldn't be going in circles on pointless things comparing ba with players like Torres, Quaresma etc.
How you know that no one from the club deems as a reinforcement is beyond me as well, if he is playing for us then he would count as one :mad:
from the fact that galliani and barlusconi, whenever they speak of "reinforcements", they say someone "will" arrive and not once have they or anyone else for that matter mentioned Ba's name when they speak of Ronaldo as the "new" signing.

And also Galliani's words when he announced the transfer - "as a gesture to a Milan player from the past" etc, etc on the official site.
Milan has had other such players on their squad - like Esajas (his move was a gesture towards Seedorf) - and yet most people here havn't seen them play - all they did was train with the team and serve as traning dummies for the Milan players ... those transfers were made on condition that Ancelotti wouldn't mind having those people around during training, which Galliani said on the official site when he announced Ba too.

drucurl
24-07-2007, 12:06
IMO we need to reinforce the backline just as bad as the front. I think we missed out big time on Henry and G. Milito for these two positions and will need to start moving...
No we shouldn't have gotten either...Henry is overrated and too expensive and would unbalance our squad.....with Ronaldo (injury prone) Gila (scoring drought prone) Inzaghi (injury prone) and Kaka (prone to play out od position as a striker) we have a complete frontline that can compete with the "fantastic" four of Barca and ManU's crazy portugese speaking strikeforce etc etc...... ONE STRIKER is TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR!!! WE ARE COMPLETE DON'T YOU GET IT!!! :wth:

As for defence the suggestion that we need anyone is simply ludicrous :v46:

We have Maldini (39 going on 40) Nesta (31) Favagol (35) Serginho (36/7) Cafu (37) and Oddo (quite a young promisisg talent at 30) along with Bonera , Kaladze (from our primevera team :zany: ) to prove once and for all that happines begins at 40 :pp20:

hitmannq8
24-07-2007, 12:07
Forget Ba, we have other things to worry about like losing Pato for now.

drucurl
24-07-2007, 12:15
rest my case.

dru, if you spent the same amount of time on putting some thought in your arguments as you do playing FM, we wouldn't be going in circles on pointless things comparing ba with players like Torres, Quaresma etc.

First of all I don't own or play FM. (fifa 07 is a different story though :guw: )You might not like my arguments or my ideas but there is no need to disrespect me because I think differently. atm we HAVE to compare Ba with the arrivals in other teams because he is all that we got. Should we compare other teams' transfers with the players that we have had playing for years?? Is there any logic in that at all??

from the fact that galliani and barlusconi, whenever they speak of "reinforcements", they say someone "will" arrive and not once have they or anyone else for that matter mentioned Ba's name when they speak of Ronaldo as the "new" signing[/QOUTE]
Pointless semantics......Ba is listed in our squad and you cannot presume what are our management's ideas for him...until we don't see him on the field we have to assume that he would play (he IS listed in our squad)

[QUOTE=zlatanov]And also Galliani's words when he announced the transfer - "as a gesture to a Milan player from the past" etc, etc on the official site.
Milan has had other such players on their squad - like Esajas (his move was a gesture towards Seedorf) - and yet most people here havn't seen them play - all they did was train with the team and serve as traning dummies for the Milan players ... those transfers were made on condition that Ancelotti wouldn't mind having those people around during training, which Galliani said on the official site when he announced Ba too.

Galliani like Berlu is a politician.....I rather hope your take on it is right but in the worst case scenario (as an engineer I usually think in this light...sorry in advance for sounding pessimistic), it is merely dressing up a questional desicion with an air of respectability

hitmannq8
24-07-2007, 12:29
drucurl you an engineer?

Unforunately us engineers have this nature in us that we don't take anything for granted, sort of pessimism. We will not be happy with anything less than perfect. We always look to improve the efficieny of the engine, ofcourse at reasonable costs. As a fan, my favourite season was the 03-04 season, the one we lost to Deportivo, I am guessing that is your favourite too, just merely cuz you are an engineer and we think alike.

Warro Bantan
24-07-2007, 12:31
He isn't just training here is is in our squad :eekani:

Big deal! So is Abubamayeng or however he spells his name, and will he play one game for us? Doubt it...unless its the Italian cup against some guppy from Sardinia...:rollani:

and there is nothing wrong with Ba training with us....but there is definitely something wrong with Ba arriving before the Torres' the Quaresma's the Ronaldinhos and the Agueros.Why? Because he has taken up a non-EU spot? Because of his arrival, we wont sign anyone else? Really pointless to even debate this with you, because we all know he is here only because we are doing him a favor, and nothing more.

.....You can play with words and soak your replies with innuendos as much as you like but I'm sure you know deep down that my concerns are legitimate. Your concerns are poppycock and balderdash, and you know it...especially where Ba is concerned.

How you know that no one from the club deems as a reinforcement is beyond me as well, if he is playing for us then he would count as one :mad: And your crystal ball, that allows you to peer into the future (cant use mine, it broke last nite during a seance) shows you that he will be starting for us? Pray, tell me oh Prophet Dru, will he start in the:
a) European Super Cup?
b) World Club Cup?
c) Serie A?
d) Coppa Italia?
e) TIM Cup?
f) Trofeo Berlusconi?

I find that you bringing up Ba to be simplistic, and ridiculous in the extreme...he has no bearing on our transfer market, and unless you are paying him personally, please desist in bringing him up...u arent looking very smart by doing so.

Sorry if I sound harsh, but I am certainly getting a bit :mad: over the constant referalls to a player who will probably not even play 1 minute for us this upcoming season.

drucurl
24-07-2007, 12:37
drucurl you an engineer?

Unforunately us engineers have this nature in us that we don't take anything for granted, sort of pessimism. We will not be happy with anything less than perfect. We always look to improve the efficieny of the engine, ofcourse at reasonable costs. As a fan, my favourite season was the 03-04 season, the one we lost to Deportivo, I am guessing that is your favourite too, just merely cuz you are an engineer and we think alike.
I'm a Civil Engineer....so I'm always constructive :zany: The season we lost to Depor we won the scudetto too right?? I prefer the 02-03 season when we won the CL because they called back Sheva's perfectly onside goal and he still put the final dagger in the shootout :5ok:
But I agree with everything else you said above....I don't think it makes me smarter or an authority on anything ( I think Zlat and Tony have a more vast wealth of footballing knowledge than I could ever dream to have)...but yes efficiency is the key..and I haven't seen it this transfer season......what kind of enginner are you???....seems all engineers hate gila :grinser: I haven't met one that liked him :uhm:

Tony29.
24-07-2007, 12:38
Chiellini and Cassano are still available :P
Hey there Graeme.
Since you seem to be the only one here interested in Chiellini this reply is dedicated to you :bri:

Davide Lippi (Chiellini's and Blasi's agent) will meet with Juve officials today to find out what are club's plans regarding Chiellini and Blasi. Manchester City is after both of them (looks like Eriksson really wants them) and today we'll finally find out if Juve wants to sell or not. Reports suggest that ManCity is ready to offer ~14m euro for both of them (10m for Chiellini, 4 for Blasi)

Here's what the agent said :
"Manchester City are interested in both players and I am going to meet Juventus to see if these moves are possible.
Both players would be happy to play in the Premier League and Manchester City, but it all depends on Juventus.

"They both like English football and the fact Eriksson is there would be a big factor for them to go there.

"However it depends on the price and whether Juventus want to sell them or not."

I don't have any doubts that Juve will accept the offer for Blasi (he's the 5th choice in his position and since there's no Europe for Juve this year, i'm sure they wouldn't reject the offer) but i really don't know what Ranieri thinks about Chiellini and i don't know if he counts on him or not.

As for Milan going after Chiellini...... i don't think he's in Milan plans and looking at the last 2 summer mercato's, Juve isn't keen on doing business with Milan. I doubt Juve will sell to Milan !

drucurl
24-07-2007, 12:44
Big deal! So is Abubamayeng or however he spells his name, and will he play one game for us? Doubt it...unless its the Italian cup against some guppy from Sardinia...:rollani:

Why? Because he has taken up a non-EU spot? Because of his arrival, we wont sign anyone else? Really pointless to even debate this with you, because we all know he is here only because we are doing him a favor, and nothing more.

Your concerns are poppycock and balderdash, and you know it...especially where Ba is concerned.

And your crystal ball, that allows you to peer into the future (cant use mine, it broke last nite during a seance) shows you that he will be starting for us? Pray, tell me oh Prophet Dru, will he start in the:
a) European Super Cup?
b) World Club Cup?
c) Serie A?
d) Coppa Italia?
e) TIM Cup?
f) Trofeo Berlusconi?

I find that you bringing up Ba to be simplistic, and ridiculous in the extreme...he has no bearing on our transfer market, and unless you are paying him personally, please desist in bringing him up...u arent looking very smart by doing so.

Sorry if I sound harsh, but I am certainly getting a bit :mad: over the constant referalls to a player who will probably not even play 1 minute for us this upcoming season.

Ok let's forget Ba for the moment.... we have witnessed the departure of two strikers (not that I didn't mind seeing them leave mind you) and have ALL expressed concerns over the condition of our squad (first team aside) is this poppycock too?
I suppose you are looking like a genius by berrating my calls for reinforcements :dontkn: Galliani already limited our targets to an attacker....now he is saying that it's hard to keep his word etc etc....and you are lambasting me for expressing my displeasure?? I humbly beg your forgiveness for seeking animprovement to our perfect squad that struggles to score a single goal without the help of Kaka or Ronaldo :notlist:

And what of our promise for a "big name " ??I guess keeping your word is overrated and too expensive as well ?

Warro Bantan
24-07-2007, 13:00
Thanks for allowing us to forget Ba.

We are currently at July 24th, and there is over a month left in the transfer window.

So, there is time to address what our management deems to be areas of the squad that need reinforcing...even Ray Charles in a cave can see that we need a forward, and a defender...that is clear, and I have said so in a previous post.

With your last post, you have completely blown up my sarcasm meter...but, I will say this: I lamblast no one for voicing their displeasure, I do so when they bring up inconsequential things (like Ba) and parade it like the prosecutors did the glove for OJ Simpson...and we all know how that turned out :D

And there are big names out there to be had...not Henry, R10, Etoo, or even Van Nistelrooy...but I do trust our management to find someone (Pato maybe?) to replace RO.

Now, because we have a few weeks to make such a transfer, cant we all just get along?:D

Giorgos
24-07-2007, 13:01
I want to thank you all from my heart for your wishes and your company at this difficult period with my serious injury. At least except of suffering this injury game also the opportunity to come closer with a lot of you.

As i told you in the past my job has to do with the media so i know some things about. Believe me, the presidents are influenced a lot by supporters. When you go and say to your president, "Thanks a lot Mr... but if only we could made more adds to our squad". The 90% of times, he will smile give you yound hand or hit you in the back and say, "don't worry we will be very competitive".

Warro Bantan
24-07-2007, 13:04
I want to thank you all from my heart for your wishes and your company at this difficult period with my serious injury. At least except of suffering this injury game also the opportunity to come closer with a lot of you. You are very welcome Giorgos, and we do wish you a speedy, and complete recovery. :5ok:

Ghost
24-07-2007, 13:13
Drucurl your from T&T just relax and enjoy the sun, dont let the summer transfer be stressing you.

Warro Bantan
24-07-2007, 13:15
Bandito...you see, thats the very issue...because he is from T&T, he really has nothing to worry about, so he worries about....nothing :D

Ghost
24-07-2007, 13:23
Warro I think you should link up with him, take a boat for a spin sippin on Malibu and listening to some Bob Marley.

Warro Bantan
24-07-2007, 13:26
I think I might do that Bandito, but can I substitute Appleton VX rum for the Malibu?

drucurl
24-07-2007, 13:30
Bandito...you see, thats the very issue...because he is from T&T, he really has nothing to worry about, so he worries about....nothing :D
Find warro... i'll make you a deal if we don't get a big name player YOU have to send a whole crew of passa passa dancers to wine all over my paranoid ass :D

hitmannq8
24-07-2007, 13:34
drucurl, im a mechanical engr.. so you would be the specialist in trying to build the team, and i'll be the one making sure everything ticks right ;).. so far GILA has not been ticking right, and from my engr experience, for a club like Milan Gila has not proved his worth yet and has been disappointing. If an offer to break even from our investment in him came in, I'd snatch it. I am not one of those that think keeping Gila is a good idea but I will support him, I wish him the best for next season.

I have stopped complaining about him because it is the summer holiday and he is not playing for Milan atm so he is not frustrating me, but soon when the season starts and he starts playin like how he usually does I will continue showing my disgust in him. His arrogance and selfishness (in terms of fame) also does not help.

Warro Bantan
24-07-2007, 13:35
Done deal drucurl...but why wine on ur a**? I would have thought you would want them to wine up on ur front...ahh...Sorry bro! Forgot which way you lean...u said it bro, not I :D

:haha:

:respect: :respect: :respect:

hitmannq8
24-07-2007, 13:36
Done deal drucurl...but why wine on ur a**? I would have thought you would want them to wine up on ur front...ahh...Sorry bro! Forgot which way you lean...u said it bro, not I :D

Don't forget that he is from T&T so it is understandable which way he leans :grinser:

Jim_UK
24-07-2007, 13:39
Both sides have made valid points in this Ba battle and both sides have only seen what they wanted to see in the other's words.

Regarding Chiellini, i was hoping Liverpool would go for him. But it seems he might be destined for little Italy, i mean Man City :D

Giorgos & Joannis, come to England, play football in the cool weather ... but bring an umberella, it's going to rain tomorrow :grinser:

peters
24-07-2007, 13:43
Unforunately us engineers have this nature in us that we don't take anything for granted, sort of pessimism.
Man... what a blast in one sentence. I always thought i'm just plain pessimist, but now u explained everything for me. Thats why i mostly tend to agree with yours and druculs opinions/critics (even if u sometimes exaggerate). And about Gila...

(not yet engineer, but will be in a year or so... electrical - robotics mainly)

hitmannq8
24-07-2007, 13:50
Man... what a blast in one sentence. I always thought i'm just plain pessimist, but now u explained everything for me. Thats why i mostly tend to agree with yours and druculs opinions/critics (even if u sometimes exaggerate). And about Gila...

haha exagerration is just a showing a lil bit too much emotion.. ya im in my fourth year, aint an engineer yet either but will be soon. Great minds think alike :grinser: any other engineers in the house?

Jim_UK
24-07-2007, 13:52

if i design a robot, can you build it? :D

Maltese Charlie
24-07-2007, 13:53
[

[QUOTE=zlatanov
Galliani like Berlu is a politician.....I rather hope your take on it is right but in the worst case scenario (as an engineer I usually think in this light...sorry in advance for sounding pessimistic), it is merely dressing up a questional desicion with an air of respectability[/QUOTE]

Just for your information.
Berlusconi besides he is a politician he is also an ENGINEER!!! :grinser:
.........and he was very positive in his talking during the conference when he met the players, and it had to be Galliani who stopped him from announcing the name of our NEW Mr. X attacker. :devf: :devf: :grinser:

hitmannq8
24-07-2007, 13:55
I think Galliani can easily make it in hollywood

drucurl
24-07-2007, 14:07

The front is reserved for trini girls. I thought even you could figure that out :stuckup:

Maltese Charlie
24-07-2007, 14:12
I think Galliani can easily make it in hollywood

No, Galiani was right, even Berlusconi agreed. It is not right to make public your negotiations with other clubs / players as they may suffer badly.

peters
24-07-2007, 14:15
if i design a robot, can you build it? :D
usually it takes alot of people to 'create' a robot but i could fit in the latter stages when it needs perception (sensors) and brains (AI) :5ok:
... and people usually take word robot for humanoids where there are numerous less complex and more useful models.

Ghost
24-07-2007, 15:41
usually it takes alot of people to 'create' a robot but i could fit in the latter stages when it needs perception (sensors) and brains (AI) :5ok:

Can you make us a 25+ goals a season robot?

drucurl
24-07-2007, 15:42
... and people usually take word robot for humanoids where there are numerous less complex and more useful models.

Could you build us a...oh...i dunno....a goalscoring machine (http://www.worldofronaldo.com/) .... click the link for the best available prototype :zany:

Edit: once again the Bandit has stolen my idea :ende:

ACMILAN1983
24-07-2007, 15:52
Just a quick thought that popped into mind while this argument over Ba has been going on. We know his role in the squad is minimal, almost non-existent and really he won't make any difference to our season other than being another player available in training, but he could be beneficial, and I wouldn't be shocked if the management have thought about this more than just doing a favour to a former player.

We got Desailly late last year (or was it this, I forget) as our African scout. Desailly isn't really experienced as a scout, but may find the odd useful player, but there were probably better options available.

The one common factor is they're both French. Now, this summer the management have really given Gourcuff a boost by declaring faith in him, but the one factor that's never been easy for him is the lack of other French personnel in Milan. Now, there are two experienced Frenchman who have both played for Milan in the past (Desailly was especially successful) that can help Gourcuff feel more comfortable in Milan. This worked wonders with Kaka, who came at a young age, but always had the Brazilians here to help him settle. Gourcuff is considered a huge player for the future, and the management clearly like to maintain the Milan family within the club, so having former players to help the club out with their official roles is helpful, but their influence could also help Gourcuff greatly.

Ok let's forget Ba for the moment.... we have witnessed the departure of two strikers (not that I didn't mind seeing them leave mind you) and have ALL expressed concerns over the condition of our squad (first team aside) is this poppycock too?
I suppose you are looking like a genius by berrating my calls for reinforcements :dontkn: Galliani already limited our targets to an attacker....now he is saying that it's hard to keep his word etc etc....and you are lambasting me for expressing my displeasure?? I humbly beg your forgiveness for seeking animprovement to our perfect squad that struggles to score a single goal without the help of Kaka or Ronaldo :notlist:

And what of our promise for a "big name " ??I guess keeping your word is overrated and too expensive as well ?

Galliani and Berlu have said all sorts of things this summer. Galliani specifically kept mentioning how the club may have to wait for 31 August and Berlu has said that 2 players are being discussed (talking of forwards only), so there's hope to reach an agreement with at least one of them, which again suggests things are in the process of being complete, but patience is required.

Let's wait for 31 August and should we not have anyone by then, be my guest to berate the management all you want.

drucurl
24-07-2007, 16:02
Just a quick thought that popped into mind while this argument over Ba has been going on. We know his role in the squad is minimal, almost non-existent and really he won't make any difference to our season other than being another player available in training, but he could be beneficial, and I wouldn't be shocked if the management have thought about this more than just doing a favour to a former player.

We got Desailly late last year (or was it this, I forget) as our African scout. Desailly isn't really experienced as a scout, but may find the odd useful player, but there were probably better options available.

The one common factor is they're both French. Now, this summer the management have really given Gourcuff a boost by declaring faith in him, but the one factor that's never been easy for him is the lack of other French personnel in Milan. Now, there are two experienced Frenchman who have both played for Milan in the past (Desailly was especially successful) that can help Gourcuff feel more comfortable in Milan. This worked wonders with Kaka, who came at a young age, but always had the Brazilians here to help him settle. Gourcuff is considered a huge player for the future, and the management clearly like to maintain the Milan family within the club, so having former players to help the club out with their official roles is helpful, but their influence could also help Gourcuff greatly.

Galliani and Berlu have said all sorts of things this summer. Galliani specifically kept mentioning how the club may have to wait for 31 August and Berlu has said that 2 players are being discussed (talking of forwards only), so there's hope to reach an agreement with at least one of them, which again suggests things are in the process of being complete, but patience is required.

Let's wait for 31 August and should we not have anyone by then, be my guest to berate the management all you want.

Excellent post :respect: agree with every last word

drucurl
24-07-2007, 16:04
Bye Bye Castillo (http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=362349)
:kap:

Jim_UK
24-07-2007, 16:14
That's a good reason for having Ba Dev.

Though it does all depend on if he and Gourcuff get on :guw:

Warro Bantan
24-07-2007, 16:19
The front is reserved for trini girls. I thought even you could figure that out :stuckup: I shudder to think who/what the rear is reserved for then! :D

Warro Bantan
24-07-2007, 16:21
Thanks Dev, for explaining to Dru here, what the logic was behind the Ba "aquisition"...he is kind of slow, but he means well.

:D

Tony29.
24-07-2007, 16:24
You know what's funny here.....

If some Interista or Juventino joke with Dru about Milan signing only Ba , i'm 100% sure Dru will use Zlat's or Dev's arguments to defend Galliani .
:)

kastriot
24-07-2007, 16:33

If some Interista or Juventino joke with Dru about Milan signing only Ba , i'm 100% sure Dru will use Zlat's or Dev's arguments to defend Galliani .

:grinser: :grinser:

DRU:

The evil juventino is killing you!!!!! a fast reply is needed.

Tony: are u in macedonia or croatia at the moment??

GilAttack [11]
24-07-2007, 16:47
Bye Bye Castillo (http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=362349)
:kap:

Wow, 15M euros? Those new oweners in Manchester sure arent taking lessons from Berlu :grinser: Kidding :devf:

Tony29.
24-07-2007, 16:59
:grinser: :grinser:

DRU:

The evil juventino is killing you!!!!! a fast reply is needed.

Tony: are u in macedonia or croatia at the moment??
Skopje !

Btw, nice Dinamo :grinser:
"You" needed extra time and 2 red cards (1 per match) to eliminate the mighty champions of Azerbaijan

kastriot
24-07-2007, 17:12
Skopje !

Btw, nice Dinamo :grinser:
"You" needed extra time and 2 red cards (1 per match) to eliminate the mighty champions of Azerbaijan

OMG look whos talking the Hajduk guy,

:caw: zadar 0 : 0 hajduk :caw:

Your team are using not registered players for teams from Montenegro...
How come you always love the teams that this way or that are cheaters!!! :grinser:

At least fair and square we are in the second round, bare in mind we sold our best players!!!!!!! But the you gotta admit the Jerseys were fantastic!!!!

Tony29.
24-07-2007, 17:26
OMG look whos talking the Hajduk guy,

:caw: zadar 0 : 0 hajduk :caw:

Your team are using not registered players for teams from Montenegro...
How come you always love the teams that this way or that are cheaters!!! :grinser:

At least fair and square we are in the second round, bare in mind we sold our best players!!!!!!! But the you gotta admit the Jerseys were fantastic!!!!
Hey, i may be joking now but you should have seen me 3 hours ago. I was going crazy. They are representing my country after all ( not to mention i had a bet on Dinamo to win by 2 or more goals...they did , but bloody bookies count only 90 minutes without ET :mad: )

And i don't remember you selling your best playerS. You sold only Eduardo from the starting XI and he was your best player, not best players :)
Eduardo or no Eduardo it was a shame...another shame for Croatian football.

As for Hajduk, beh, Buducnost is our sister team like they always were in Yugoslavia. We had to give them at least a draw.

P.S : You can't compare football in Montenegro with Azerbaijan. Montenegro was always giving class players (Savicevic, Mijatovic, Vucinic ....) and even from this Buducnost team 2-3 of them will make it in Europe.....which can not be said about Khazar :devf: :devf:

Yeah, good jersey !

kastriot
24-07-2007, 17:37
Hey, i may be joking now but you should have seen me 3 hours ago. I was going crazy. They are representing my country after all ( not to mention i had a bet on Dinamo to win by 2 or more goals...they did , but bloody bookies count only 90 minutes without ET :mad: )

And i don't remember you selling your best playerS. You sold only Eduardo from the starting XI and he was your best player, not best players :)
Eduardo or no Eduardo it was a shame...another shame for Croatian football.

As for Hajduk, beh, Buducnost is our sister team like they always were in Yugoslavia. We had to give them at least a draw.

P.S : You can't compare football in Montenegro with Azerbaijan. Montenegro was always giving class players (Savicevic, Mijatovic, Vucinic ....) and even from this Buducnost team 2-3 of them will make it in Europe.....which can not be said about Khazar :devf: :devf:

Yeah, good jersey !

My bad its PLAYER,but after todays performance you can easily say that Eduardo was more of a PLAYERS than a PLAYER, if u know what I mean!! :grinser:

Hasan Rossonero
24-07-2007, 18:05
Let's not forget that the best piece of news today was Kaka pledging his future to us. He is a very well mannered individual. Him being a committed Christian has a lot to do with his honesty, IMO. There are not many players like Kaka around.

I mean saying things like "Milan are in control of my destiny, and I want to be the symbol of this club" must really endear him to management and fans. It's the best thing to say. Because if Milan decide to ever sell him, he doesn't want to look like a liar (it has happened many times with players in the past).

Gazzetta has speculated that Kaka's new contract could see him earn close to 9 million (with image rights). This speculation is from early July.

Anyway, Grande Kaka! :pp20:

Warro Bantan
24-07-2007, 18:13
Indeed Hasan, and the best bit of business done by Milan this mercato so far...(even if it is the only piece of business...:D its importance cannot be understated! :5ok: )

NAMMY
24-07-2007, 18:34
I've got to be honest and say that I'm a bit unnerved by the lack of transfer activity so far by Milan, and am getting a bit fed up with Berlusconi/Galliani stating they want Sheva and that Kaka is going nowhere (though that seems to have finally ended).
However, I'm sure we'll get started sometime (though our late purchases last summer weren't too great and seemed rushed) - though I was sure we'd begin to rebuild the team by now, or is it that just because we won the UCL we're the best team in the world?

And I do still support Milan! :5ok:

drucurl
24-07-2007, 19:10
Note the sequence kids:
1) Find warro... i'll make you a deal if we don't get a big name player YOU have to send a whole crew of passa passa dancers to wine all over my paranoid ass :D
drucurl requests female passa passa dancers (I have to specify 'female' because as we all know poor Warro is a confused soul :zany: )...notice his reply:

2) Done deal drucurl...but why wine on ur a**? I would have thought you would want them to wine up on ur front...ahh...Sorry bro! Forgot which way you lean...u said it bro, not I :D

Warro insinuated that drucurl may very well be of his persuasion :eek: However drucurl in no uncertain terms clears the air:

The front is reserved for trini girls. I thought even you could figure that out :stuckup:
Later on poor Warro forgets who he is talking about and ends up dissing his own:

3) I shudder to think who/what the rear is reserved for then! :D

Since we established that the passa passa chicks would be busy at work to the ...er...er....south of drucurl :D Warro is shuddering at his own people....but then if you saw the Jamaicans you'd probably shudder too :guw: hence once again illustrating drucurl's wisdom by confining them to a region where face to face contact is at its minimum :nerd:

drucurl
24-07-2007, 21:08

Nope I won't...I'm the kind of person that admits and apologizes for his mistakes. IMHO our management have made some mistakes (even though the vast majority of their decisions are QUITE good :respect: ) I won't make any excuses to an interista or a juventino.

The other thing is that there is no guarantee that Dev's hypothesis is actually correct. He could very well be as well as it could be coincidental. I respected his take on it because it is very credible, but there is no hard proof of it unless Galliani himself offer such an explanation. I think it is hypocritical that everybody was justifying Ba's arrival as "just a consideration to one of our boys" has now jumped on the bandwagon of Dev's theory. :wallbang:

If that indeed were the case then why didn't our management go after someone of a slightly higher caliber...someone that we could actually use...say Ribery.... who Ancelotti actually did want.....and who could actually be on the field working with him...going through the same struggles like learning Italian etc....sure he doesn't have any actual Milan experience but he'd be another french fry in the happy meal right?? After all aside from being a Milan player Ba doesn't have any special qualification as a counselor that any of us know about ...at least none that the theory would essentially suggest he might need.

And finally...if any one of us were Ibrahim Ba...would we really be that interested in showing a youngster "how to be a milanista"...or would we bust our asses off to impress Ancelotti in training? It's not impossible for a 34 year old to get a nod on the field these days.....especially a rossonero. I tend to believe it would be the latter :respect:

drucurl
24-07-2007, 21:22
For those of us that have never seen a Jamaican girl (I think there is a large European contingent on this forum )....please rent the Pirates of the Caribbean 2 or Pirates of the Caribbean 3.....keep your eyes peeled for a certain Charracter by the name of Calypso (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6x4gcFpfXNQ) .....yip she's Jamaican :respect:

With charracters (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/03/Tia_Dalma_potc2.jpg) of her ilk it it any wonder that Warro so jealous of Trinis :grinser:

Nordahl
24-07-2007, 22:10
I have a question: why do we need to do Ba a 'favor'? What Ba did to us to deserve that? Are we a charity entity?

Nordahl
24-07-2007, 22:15
Yes,yes,yes! I agree it was a big mistake.But the only thing i can say is.......

.....bye bye Torres :kap:

I'm certain that he will do GREAT with Liverpool, my friend, and so people will realize what we have missed.

goose
24-07-2007, 23:02
I'm holding out hope something, anything will go down soon. Silvio and Co. still have over a month to work something, anything out. I hope it doesn't end like the Oliveira debacle (God bless him, he had a 300 lb. gorilla on his back when he came in, then he had to cope with his sister's kidnapping).

I'm trying to be patient.

But my question is what does our youth system look like? If Milan is gonna drive me insane in the transfer market, and I shouldn't be going insane, they've got to be super confident in how the young ones are progressing. I understand Baresi has a part in the coaching staff, but what are the prospects like?

To be honest, a quality youth and scouting system will be the key for the future of club teams. Especially in Italy where the economic disadvantages are starting the bubble to the surface in comparison to England and Spain. The money being thrown around by these countries is getting really ridiculous.

Samuca
25-07-2007, 01:04
I'm sure Milan is trying to hire Shevchenko, Chivu and Eto'o and all of them are hard to take.

rosoneri_11
25-07-2007, 02:33
I'm sure Milan is trying to hire Shevchenko, Chivu and Eto'o and all of them are hard to take.

Well we are trying to get Sheva and Eto, but Chivu seems he is going at Merda. :mad:

From:http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jul24o.html

Chivu announcement 'hours away'

Tuesday 24 July, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cristian Chivu could be officially an Inter player by nightfall, according to the latest reports – and Roma teammate Daniele De Rossi.

The two clubs have been silent on the state of the transfer, but somebody forgot to tell midfielder De Rossi during today’s Press Conference.

“I am sorry to see him go, especially as he’ll be reinforcing a direct opponent in the Scudetto race and that will weaken us,” said the Giallorossi youngster.

This statement was combined with already existing reports that the agreement had been reached for a £10m cash move.

The deal was achieved because Inter President Massimo Moratti stumped up £7m and the rest comes from Chivu lowering his wages.

The defender’s contract terms will go from the original proposal of £3.7m to ‘just’ £2.3m per season for five years.

Roma wanted to decide the Romanian’s future one way or the other before Thursday, as they did not want this saga to overshadow the 80th anniversary celebrations of the club’s foundation.

Maltese Charlie
25-07-2007, 03:27
Milan: Baptista vicino ai rossoneri

09:34 del 25 luglio

In casa Milan l'unica certezza è che le due punte cui faceva riferimento Berlusconi sono Pato e Julio Baptista.
Per arrivare alla punta del Real Madrid servono piu' di 15 milioni di euro.
Il giocatore non rientra nei piani di Schuster ed i rossoneri sono convinti che le merengues lo molleranno. (La Repubblica)

The newspaper "La Repubblica" reported that the only certain thing in Milan's clan is that the two forwards which Berlusconi refered to are Pato and Julio Baptista.

The price of Baptista is over 15 million euros, but he's not in Schuster's plan, so Milan are convinced that Real will go down with his price tag.

Ghost
25-07-2007, 03:31
Let's not forget that the best piece of news today was Kaka pledging his future to us. He is a very well mannered individual. Him being a committed Christian has a lot to do with his honesty, IMO. There are not many players like Kaka around.

I mean saying things like "Milan are in control of my destiny, and I want to be the symbol of this club" must really endear him to management and fans. It's the best thing to say. Because if Milan decide to ever sell him, he doesn't want to look like a liar (it has happened many times with players in the past).

Gazzetta has speculated that Kaka's new contract could see him earn close to 9 million (with image rights). This speculation is from early July.

Anyway, Grande Kaka! :pp20:

To be honest Hasan footballers words dont mean much to me after what Sheva said last year, Kaka can say he wants to remain with us all he wants but the way Sheva left has changed the way I think about all footballers.

remote2book
25-07-2007, 04:37
i for one would disagree with alot of people here......i wouldnt mind if we aquire julio baptista...he is very physical inside the box....plus him and ronaldo and kaka..would work well 2gather..(any1 see the pattern THEY ARE BRAZILIANS) i dont see inzaghi as physical or gila......this way one of gila can be paired with ronaldo and baptista with inzaghi.....or vise versa..

Tony75
25-07-2007, 04:43
I agree. If we can take players like ba,favalli, kalac as part of squad, why not someone of a clearly higher level? Ancelotti is more than capable of changing Baptista into a player who can cover 3/4 roles in team. Defensive mid, att mid, & forward. As long as we get Pato too, and another def as mentioned on gazzetta. Zambro, Rinaudo??

remote2book
25-07-2007, 04:54
exactly ancelotti can change him like has done with others...plus he takes freekicks very well......

_MaJi_tz
25-07-2007, 05:02
Galliani: "Mister x è extracomunitario"
MILANO - Entrando negli uffici di Lega a Milano, Adriano Galliani ha dato qualche indizio sui giocatori che il Milan sta trattando: "Chi è mister x? Posso dirvi che non è italiano. È extracomunitario, ma potrebbe diventare comunitario entro il 31 agosto. Non è nè Julio Baptista, nè Tevez. Prenderemo Pato più un altro giocatore? Se è possibile, sì".

calciomercato.it

zlatanov
25-07-2007, 05:08
he could have just said "Mister X played for Barca last season" instead of giving them all those clues ... and all that talk from AG means Mister X is closer to Milan than officially thought ;) ... which reminds me - where did you hear that first :D

Tony75
25-07-2007, 05:09
Pato has been mentioned so many times on the official site in interviews etc that I believe it's only a matter of time to sign him. If latecomers like false mardid take him, it would be a clear sign that the management is failing big time.

Graeme C
25-07-2007, 05:18
i had a thought a min ago. If Digao isnt a great defender why not put him in as a defensive midfielder. Sort of in the diarra/ viera mould. Hes like 190 cm yeah? so perfect height? what you guys think?

Tony75
25-07-2007, 05:21
Possibly. He's actually 194cm, taller than Bierhoff. Use him as a target man.

ForeverMilan
25-07-2007, 05:28
According to Bronzetti,Pato will be a milan player in january as berlu promised 2 bomb signing,first is pato and however the second is will be announced in the next days.

Who is Mister X?Anyone knows?i just know 2 player who could be commi. until the 31 of the august,eto and ronaldinho.

ForeverMilan
25-07-2007, 05:29
he can also play DM as well,play diago instead of max when he is injured.

Graeme C
25-07-2007, 05:30
i really hope its not baptista tho..

Hasan Rossonero
25-07-2007, 05:30
Pato has been mentioned so many times on the official site in interviews etc that I believe it's only a matter of time to sign him. If latecomers like false madrid take him, it would be a clear sign that the management is failing big time.

I don't know why I find this so funny. :ilol:

ForeverMilan
25-07-2007, 05:31
if we sign pato,Can you imagine a team which will be consists of Kaka,Pato,Gourcuff,Di Gennaro?in 2-3 next years with this guys we will be able to dominate the world football.

Hitman
25-07-2007, 06:02
I still believe Mr.X is either Ronaldinho or Sheva. But I guess we will not know before the end of August.
I am just happy to hear it is not Babtista.

Also Chivu is close to joining Inter. I am a bit disappointed we were not in the race to sign him, but I guess we trust Maldini, Nesta, Kaladze and Bonera.

Jim_UK
25-07-2007, 06:04
he could have just said "Mister X played for Barca last season"

I hope it's either Deco or Zambrotta.

Maltese Charlie
25-07-2007, 06:04
Galliani traccia l'identikit dell'attaccante vicino al Milan

12:21 del 25 luglio

Adriano Galliani rivela alcuni particolari del giocatore "misterioso" di cui ha parlato Berlusconi."Non e' italiano, ne' comunitario, ma potrebbe diventarlo presto", ha detto. Sugli umori della tifoseria Galliani ha ricordato che ''i tifosi dovrebbero essere contenti, perche' il presidente Berlusconi ha messo il sigillo definitivo sulla questione Kaka' - ha spiegato - che rimarra' con noi ancora a lungo''. Galliani ha anche parlato di Pato e della rivalita' con il Real: "E' normale l'interesse di grandi squadre su un grande giocatore.

Calciomercato.com

Jim_UK
25-07-2007, 06:10
Any chance people who post Italian sources can give us a quick guide as to what they say? :confused:

Maltese Charlie
25-07-2007, 06:24
Il Milan lavora su Julio Baptista
Per ora costa 20 milioni

di Enzo Palladini

"Mister X è un extracomunitario". Lo ha detto Adriano Galliani in Lega, restringendo così il campo dei candidati a vestire la maglia rossonera. E' un extracomunitario, ma presto diventerà comunitario perché gioca in Spagna e perché ha i requisiti per diventare cittadino spagnolo. Si tratta - anche se Galliani smentisce - di Julio Baptista. Non è un nome nuovissimo, è già sato accostato ai colori rossoneri, ma il particolare in più è che Carlo Ancelotti avrebbe espresso giudizi lusinghieri sul brasiliano, discutendone con i suoi dirigenti. Julio Baptista non è un'operazuione che il MIlan farebbe immediatamente. Occorre tempo e occorre calma. Il Real parte da una valutazione di 20 milioni, pare che il Milan possa arrivare a 15 per prendere questo giocatore. Ma è ovvio che il club campione d'Europa, dopo aver inseguito gente come Ronaldinho, Eto'o e Shevchenko, non può subito cambiare strategia in questo modo. Però l'operazione è viva, eccome. Il mese di agosto può diventare decisivo, anche perché lo stesso Julio Baptista, detto "la bestia" per il suo fisico imponente (e per il tiro micidiale come ha dimostrato nella finale di Coppa America) prima di prendere una decisione vuole capire cosa pensa di lui Bernd Schuster.

Tgcom

the words of Galliani are spread in every news website now.

In short Galliani said that Mr X is not from EU, but can become a member of the comunity very soon, because he plays in Spain and has every thing in order to become a Spanish citizen.

The writer believes that Galliani is talking about Baptista even that Galliani himself denied.

Kaka1899
25-07-2007, 06:41
is it true that we have bought Kaka's Bro who likes to call himself Digao?

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=362545

Maltese Charlie
25-07-2007, 06:44
is it true that we have bought Kaka's Bro who likes to call himself Digao?

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=362545

Yes it is.

Maltese Charlie
25-07-2007, 06:55
Any chance people who post Italian sources can give us a quick guide as to what they say? :confused:

Sorry Jim, but sometimes I'll have to go out from my office very urgent.
(The more I have to go out, the better it is for me, as by these moments I'll get paid.) :grinser:
I Appologise for your confusion, but when I see something interesting and don't have the chance to translate, I post it with the hope that someone else will translate it.

Hasan Rossonero
25-07-2007, 07:22
Jim, what Galliani said (I am also including Gazzetta declarations) is bascially the following:

1) The player Milan are interested in is non-EU but could become EU by August 31st.
2) He said it is not Baptista or Tevez
3) He said that Pato is one of the two players that Berlu was talking about.

Tony29.
25-07-2007, 07:50
Zlat, two tough questions for you :)

1. If Milan buy Eto'o on August 2nd as a non-EU and Eto'o gets his EU passport on August 15 ....can Milan buy another non-EU from Spain , from August 15 till August 31 ?

2. If you buy Eto'o as a non EU and he gets his EU passport in October , can you buy Pato in January ?

Thanx

Tony75
25-07-2007, 07:59
Good questions.
I'd say yes in both cases, but only when we nitpick on the finer details of the legal agreements ala Liverpool in the CL case a few seasons ago, the Mascherano case last winter, and the Heinze case at the moment.

zlatanov
25-07-2007, 08:09
Zlat, two tough questions for you :)

1. If Milan buy Eto'o on August 2nd as a non-EU and Eto'o gets his EU passport on August 15 ....can Milan buy another non-EU from Spain , from August 15 till August 31 ?

2. If you buy Eto'o as a non EU and he gets his EU passport in October , can you buy Pato in January ?

Thanx
what I think the answers are (no 100% guarantee, though):

1) yes, the list of players that a club wants to register with the FIGC is usually submitted on the day of the deadline - or a day earlier - for transfers set by the FIGC - August 31st, I think.
So, by then, Etoo would have his EU pass and will be registered at the FIGC as a EU player and Milan can buy/register another non-EU player from any country outside or part of the EU.

For instance Inter have already bought Nelson Rivas from River Plate and if they loan him out, they can still get another non-Eu player.

In fact, a club can buy as many non-Eu players as they wish as long as they register only 1 of them with the FIGC on August 31st.

2) No, on August 31st Etoo would have to be registered as a non-EU player and he would take up the 1 non-EU spot Milan has for this transfer season, so Pato or any other non-EU players would have to wait till next summer and maybe, just maybe, Milan might have to sell a non-EU player outside Italy in order to be able to sign a new one.

the rules are kind of shady here but that's what Galliani has been saying this summer - Milan can get a non-EU player thanks to Kaka getting an Italian pass (maybe, after all, there is some limit for the overall number of non-EUs a club can register) and RO being sold outside Italy too.

Siregar
25-07-2007, 08:31
Logical thinking, Zlat! Great post! :5ok: (even what you said above is still uncertain)

toti_plisat
25-07-2007, 08:37
Does anyone know where is Leandro Grimi?

Graeme C
25-07-2007, 08:44

siena on loan

Tony75
25-07-2007, 08:45
He went to Siena on loan. Hope he plays loads of games, and has a great season, but their club gets relegated.

Hasan Rossonero
25-07-2007, 08:50
Zlat and others...

papers are frantically speculating that Mister X is Julio Baptista.

Who thinks it's Eto'o or Dinho?

Who thinks it's Baptista?

I don't particularly like Baptista, but he would be a very versatile option. He can play midfield and in attack. He is also, as the nickname "The Beast" suggests, strong and physically imposing.

Tony29.
25-07-2007, 08:54
He went to Siena on loan. Hope he plays loads of games, and has a great season, but their club gets relegated.
Hey, stop there :mad:
Everyone can be relegated except Siena and Empoli. We're talking about 12 sure points here :grinser:

Seriously, Milan has 4 players loaned to Empoli and Juve also has 4 players loaned there. (Milan loaned Pozzi, Marzoratti, Abate and Antonini while Juve loaned Giovinco, Marchisio, Volpato and Piccolo)

In Siena Juve has Packer, Andrea Rossi, De Ceglie and Bettega (again 4 players) while Milan loaned them Grimi.

They have to give us something in return :devf:

zlatanov
25-07-2007, 09:02
Zlat and others...

I think mister x is one of Dinho or Etoo but wouldn't mind Baptista if the big name remains untouchable till late August ( and I think Pato is in Milan's pocket already hence all of Milan's officials being so willing to "talk" about him and the big commotion about getting a player who already has a EU passport).

I would love a player like Mancini - would be an alternative source of speed in attacking mid and attack, besides Kaka - but wouldn't mind Baptista too if the price is right (at most 15 mil, not more ... or maybe 20 mil for JB + Emerson).
He might not be great at any role he can play but is very good at every single one - defensive mid, attacking mid and pure forward - and possesses qualities (read physical characteristics) that the current Milan team are lacking in attack) ... and is still 25 yo at that ... in a season like this, universal players like him are a real treasure, I think.

But I see him becoming a real target only in mid to late August and only when even the last chance of landing one of Dinho or Etoo has gone by ... don't see us going for JB with more than a month left till transfer deadline.

Graeme C
25-07-2007, 09:07
Zlat and others...

I don't particularly like Baptista, but he would be a very versatile option. He can play midfield and in attack. He is also, as the nickname "The Beast" suggests, strong and physically imposing.

i hope its eto, i will very very very be disapointed if its baptista. Our big name signing that we have been promised...Hes another step down from oliviera, and 2 steps from sheva. Why dont we re-sign marco amoroso while were at it!

Riquelme would be a better option if were going for a attacking midfielder. £15 mill on baptista will be the whole Oliviera scenario over again, hes not good enough for real so why us? Cassano could basically arrive for free, and i would perfer him over Baptista.

zlatanov
25-07-2007, 09:09
i hope its eto, i will very very very be disapointed if its baptista. Our big name signing that we have been promised...Hes another step down from oliviera, and 2 steps from sheva. Why dont we re-sign marco amoroso while were at it!

Riquelme would be a better option if were going for a attacking midfielder. £15 mill on baptista will be the whole Oliviera scenario over again, hes not good enough for real so why us? Cassano could basically arrive for free, and i would perfer him over Baptista.
those 15 mil is in euros, G., not BPs ... on more reason why I don't read channel 4, they always mix the currencies, apart from being a day or two late :D

Hasan Rossonero
25-07-2007, 09:09

The only justification is probably that he can play as a mid and an attacker.

Galliani has denied it's either Tevez or Baptista, but papers insist, or websites at least.

Tony29.
25-07-2007, 10:14
Everyone has a name and a surname.
Why is Milan potential signing always called "Mr. X " "Mr. Chaos creator if we know who he is" or "Mr. 6th option" ?

This way Galliani looks like someone who has absolutely no idea who will Milan buy and is only trying to buy some time.

Berlusconi has the guts. He will lie to you but at least he will say things directly. "I will buy Dinho" " Dinho and Sheva won't come to Milan- period " ...but Galliani never had the guts to say smthg directly to the folks.
No wonder he's the least popular from the trio, among the Milan fans and among other teams fans !

Warro Bantan
25-07-2007, 10:21
@ Dru: No more offtopic diversions...Jamaican women, or those of Jamaican ancenstry (like my beautiful wife) are among the most beautiful in the world...end of argument.

On Baptista: After mulling his possible arrival around in the cavernous space that is my mind, I find that he may not be that bad of a player for us.

We only have Gila that is a physical striker, and Baptista is nothing if not physical...however, that being said, Galliani has indicated that we are not targetting him, so thats that methinks.

As to someone suggesting that Galliani should go to Hollywood....he already has, in his youth, he starred in: The Addams Family....let me see if I can find a youtube clip:

Click here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl5ZjzWzxFA)

In this portion of the movie, Galliani (aka Uncle Fester) gets married... :p017:

Hasan Rossonero
25-07-2007, 10:23
Why is Milan potential signing always called "Mr. X " "Mr. Chaos creator if we know who he is" or "Mr. 6th option" ?

This way Galliani looks like someone who has absolutely no idea who will Milan buy and is only trying to buy some time.

Berlusconi has the guts. He will lie to you but at least he will say things directly. "I will buy Dinho" " Dinho and Sheva won't come to Milan- period " ...but Galliani never had the guts to say smthg directly to the folks.
No wonder he's the least popular from the trio, among the Milan fans and among other teams fans !

You honestly believe that Milan don't know who they're going to sign?? Doesn't sound believable to me.

zlatanov
25-07-2007, 10:26
whatever comes out of Galliani's mouth is all Silvio talking, Tony - no major decision, and everything concerning transfers and such, is taken without Silvio's approval.

It's normal when you are the boss to be straight in your words as you are the one making all the decisions and don't depend on anyone else ... but when that's not the case, the one thing people should expect is lots of maneuvering and indirect clues dropped here and there.

Plus, how often does Silvio speak to the press - once every 2 weeks or so. Galliani on the other hand is asked the same questions every day, several times a day, and in that case one cannot give a definitive answer as things change quickly day by day and one doesn't know what tomorrow would bring to the table.

Also, let's not forget that it's Milan's strategy to not reveal too much of what's been going on behind the closed doors and rumours can only drive prices up and attarct unwanted attention too ... the negotiations often take days in order to get a player at an acceptable price and don't overpay dearly ... furthermore, we are talking about difficult transfers here - you don't get players like etoo or dinho from a club like Barca overnight, just at a whim, so what is Galliani - Milan's media face - supposed to say - "We are definitely gonna get Dinho and all that's left is convince the player to leave and Barca to sell" :bri:

As for Milan not knowing what they want, that's how they want it to appear in the press ... I just saw a video of Galliani's interview when he dropped thoes "clues" and I have to say that devilish smile was "screaming" loud and clear that he was just toying with the journalists and gave them scraps just so that they get out of his way :diablo:

Jeff
25-07-2007, 10:27

Out of curiosity: Are you from China?

Tony29.
25-07-2007, 10:41
Out of curiosity: Are you from China?
You surprised me with this question.
Don't you remember when we exchanged PM's 3-4 months ago when i was asking you to translate some things from Chinese for me (about that band from China and about Alamuhan :) )

I'm not from China, but i do hope my signature written in Chinese means what i think it means. If it's something rude than please tell me so i will kill the guy who wrote it for me :)

Jeff
25-07-2007, 11:19
You surprised me with this question.
Don't you remember when we exchanged PM's 3-4 months ago when i was asking you to translate some things from Chinese for me (about that band from China and about Alamuhan :) )

I'm not from China, but i do hope my signature written in Chinese means what i think it means. If it's something rude than please tell me so i will kill the guy who wrote it for me :)

I must have forgotten!

Anyway, that signature means "work hard, Chinese National Team!" so there is nothing wrong with it at all :)

Tony29.
25-07-2007, 11:21
I must have forgotten!

Anyway, that signature means "work hard, Chinese National Team!" so there is nothing wrong with it at all :)
Nothing wrong with it, but i'm still gonna kill the guy !!!!

The signature is off :mad:

zlatanov
25-07-2007, 11:29
Nothing wrong with it, but i'm still gonna kill the guy !!!!

The signature is off :mad:
fcs, so much violence for one sigi :rolleyes: :grinser:

btw, why on earth do you need it in chinese - you thinking of moving there or what :diablo:

Warro Bantan
25-07-2007, 11:31
I think he really wanted it to say: Work hard, AC Milan!!...no wonder he is so upset! :D

Hasan Rossonero
25-07-2007, 11:34
Pato to decide future
By Patricio Figueroa - Created on 25 Jul 2007

24-7 FOOTBALL24-7 FOOTBALL
Watch goals on your phone wherever you are. Access Premier League video clips plus lots more via the 24-7 mobile site.
Related links
Team Pages:

* Internacional
* Chelsea
* Milan
* Real Madrid

Internacional striker Alexandre Pato is set to decide his future within the next week.

The highly-rated Brazilian has said that he will talk to his agent Gilmar Veloz to tell him which European team that he favours a move to out of those interested.

The 17-year-old - nicknamed Alex the Duck - has been linked to Chelsea and Milan with Veloz having met with officials from Real Madrid in the last few days.

"My agent will be the first person to know what I have decided and I will tell him that in a week," Pato told Lance Press.

Veloz told Radio Gaucha: "For the moment the only thing that I can say is that Pato has already dismissed some of the teams that have sent him proposals. He told me that after speaking with his parents he will decide which team he will play for and that decision will come from what is best for his family and for his career.

"The president of Internacional, Vitorio Piffero knows which teams are interested in Pato, everything is being handled officially.

"We know that Milan sent people to Canada to watch Pato in action in the Under 20 World Cup but that doesn't mean that he will sign for them."

----

skysports

hitmannq8
25-07-2007, 11:37
"We know that Milan sent people to Canada to watch Pato in action in the Under 20 World Cup but that doesn't mean that he will sign for them."

skysports

people = Carlo Ancelotti and... me! I thought Galliani told me I was supposed to be undercover :grinser:

meanwhile, even though I wouldnt mind Baptista although I would prefer anyone to him...the management will be in real trouble with the fans if Baptista ends up being the major world-class signing they been talkin about..

and guys, are Romania part of the EU?

zlatanov
25-07-2007, 11:46
and guys, are Romania part of the EU?
yes, they are but Chivu is playing for Roma so he would have counted for non-Eu player anyway.

Tony29.
25-07-2007, 11:49
btw, why on earth do you need it in chinese - you thinking of moving there or what :diablo:
Because if i wrote it in Italian, at least 10 people would have found it scandalous "Forza Juve" to be written on Milan fan forum :grinser:
This way you'd never knew what i was saying.

And now you know why i want to kill the guy.
* Unless "Forza Juve" and "Work hard Chinesse National team" are written the same in Chinese, the guy deserves death.

zlatanov
25-07-2007, 11:54
Because if i wrote it in Italian, at least 10 people would have found it scandalous "Forza Juve" to be written on Milan fan forum :grinser:
This way you'd never knew what i was saying.

And now you know why i want to kill the guy.
* Unless "Forza Juve" and "Work hard Chinesse National team" are written the same in Chinese, the guy deserves death.
I see now and have to say I fully understand :D

still, I think that guy wanted to say "work hard "unlike" the chinese National team" meaning that while the chinese NT works hard on the field, Juve has other ways of getting the results they want and this year they would need it more than ever before ...

see, he wasn't that far off :p155: :grinser:

P.S. I don't see anything wrong with having a "forza Juve" in the sigi ... Karim for instance has a "forza Inter" in his
as long as it's not something offensive for Milan and Milan fans, I doubt anyone here would really mind ... forum rules certainly don't

Tony29.
25-07-2007, 12:11
P.S. I don't see anything wrong with having a "forza Juve" in the sigi ... Karim for instance has a "forza Inter" in his
as long as it's not something offensive for Milan and Milan fans, I doubt anyone here would really mind ... forum rules certainly don't
Naah , i write 30 posts a day and it will be a torture for Bosniaco and few others to see Forza Juve whenever they open a topic on MM :grinser:
Plus, i'm getting +reps lately and i want to stay popular :1d31:

P.s : The last 2 guys who + repped me didn't leave their name. The next time please leave your name so i'd pay it back to you !

:devf:

ACMILAN1983
25-07-2007, 12:21
I'm holding out hope something, anything will go down soon. Silvio and Co. still have over a month to work something, anything out. I hope it doesn't end like the Oliveira debacle (God bless him, he had a 300 lb. gorilla on his back when he came in, then he had to cope with his sister's kidnapping).

I'm trying to be patient.

But my question is what does our youth system look like? If Milan is gonna drive me insane in the transfer market, and I shouldn't be going insane, they've got to be super confident in how the young ones are progressing. I understand Baresi has a part in the coaching staff, but what are the prospects like?

To be honest, a quality youth and scouting system will be the key for the future of club teams. Especially in Italy where the economic disadvantages are starting the bubble to the surface in comparison to England and Spain. The money being thrown around by these countries is getting really ridiculous.

There's a lot of potential there, and a lot to be positive about. The Primavera has a lot of upcoming players some of who are already in the senior squad (Darmian and Aubameyang) and then there are those loaned (Di Gennaro).

Also, the Allievi Nazionali (coached by Alberigo Evani, an ex player) won their equivalent of the European cup (I think, or something like that), so a lot to be hopeful about there too.

The youth setup hasn't always been the best in Berlu's reign, but a lot has been invessed in the past years and the results are starting to show.

hishamilan
25-07-2007, 12:21
hey guys ! sorry for disappearing for a while but here is some scouting from the asian cup :
1) Nashat Akram : 23 years 184 cm an excellent utility player in midfeild very technical very precious national history " with iraq" but he is playing in saudia arabia he is a free agent now and beleived to be targeted by roykeane "sunderland"
2) Jevad Nekounam : 26 years 186 cm excellent CM he plays for osasuna and i think would be avilable for 3 mil. he has also great national history " with iran" ( 2 world cups )
2) Lee Chun Soo : 26 years 175 cm great utility player in midfeild 2 world cups with s.korea greaty freekicker failure in a one season exp. with real soscidad

Tony29.
25-07-2007, 12:29
In the first training match Rijkaard kept Deco on the bench and he let him play in the second half when the other stars were substituted and now Rijkaard excluded Deco from the first team for the match against Dundee Utd tomorrow.
Spanish media believes Deco is certain to leave the club and Milan's name is high on the list of his potential new clubs.

As for Pato, Real Madrid is "interested" to buy the young Brazilian and Calderon confirmed it.
Anyone else aprt from myself thinks Real doesn't need Pato at all but they are only "interested" to buy him because they know about Milan's interest in him ?
Do you also think they're trying to blackmail Milan ? Dunno if this is about Kaka or something else, but i really have a feeling they are doing this only because they know Milan want him and they have no real intention to buy Pato.

Warro Bantan
25-07-2007, 12:36
Tony, this is why we are forced to keep our transfer moves as quiet as possible, because Inter and Madrid´s scouting reports look like this:

Player: Pato
Clubs interested: Milan
Decision: If Milan want him, he must be quality, lets buy him, or at least bid, to force Milan to pay more...muh ha..muha ha ha ha ha..(Dr Evil laugh)

Tony29.
25-07-2007, 12:40
Tony, this is why we are forced to keep our transfer moves as quiet as possible, because Inter and Madrid´s scouting reports look like this:

Player: Pato
Clubs interested: Milan
Decision: If Milan want him, he must be quality, lets buy him, or at least bid, to force Milan to pay more...muh ha..muha ha ha ha ha..(Dr Evil laugh)
That's true Warro, but in Dinho or Eto'o case i doubt others need Milan to be interested to know how these 2 are great players.
In their case i don't think that even an interest from another club will make their price higher.

But that's true if we talk about players like Pato or Gourcuff

Warro Bantan
25-07-2007, 12:41
Quite soTony, though I doubt any team needs to "scout" Dinho or Etoo...:dontkn:

hishamilan
25-07-2007, 12:43
here are other FAMOUS names:
1) Steven Appiah : previous italian exp. only 26 and would backup gattuso and pirlo
2) Ivanchitz : great technical midfeider will also be more famous after euro 2008 hosted by austria he is also cheap
3) zabaletta : great young captain the next j.zanetti he can play in many roles and also not exp.
4) Dirk Kuyt : he will be competing with voronin+babel+crouch+torres and i am sure he will be avilable for around 13-15 mil. he is unbeleivabely milan style a fighter ,...,...
COME ON ZLAT TONY DRU KIM .... WHERE ARE THE COMMENTS ?

Tony29.
25-07-2007, 12:45
Quite soTony, though I doubt any team needs to "scout" Dinho or Etoo...:dontkn:
Ahh, ok
I thought you were talking about what Zlat said above (about Milan keeping their potential transfers secret and calling them Mr. X so other teams won't join the race) . That's why i said no secrecy is really needed if one of Dinho or Eto'o is Mr.X

Warro Bantan
25-07-2007, 12:49
Ahh, I see where you were going...no I was really referring to scouting "new" talent...:5ok:

NAMMY
25-07-2007, 12:56
I wouldn't be that happy if we got Baptista - his goal record isn't very good (apart from his seasons at Sevilla). Though it would be intersting to have a big, strong target man at Milan.
And I'm not sure if Liverpool would get rid of Kuyt after buying him last season, they'd probably get rid of Crouch first.

Maltese Charlie
25-07-2007, 13:05
Ahh, ok
I thought you were talking about what Zlat said above (about Milan keeping their potential transfers secret and calling them Mr. X so other teams won't join the race) . That's why i said no secrecy is really needed if one of Dinho or Eto'o is Mr.X

Tony, the secrecy is needed especially with those 2 clubs: Milan and Barca.
1. Because both clubs are friends and they don't want to harm each other interest.
2. Both Ronaldinho and Etho are superstars which costs really huge sums of money.

I am sure that such dealings must be settled first between the presidents of both clubs, and only when an agreement is reached in that level, the club officials will be involved to finalise all details of the transfer and the media get informed.

peters
25-07-2007, 13:09
Ok so baptista is ''great and if not that great he can be played on every position under carlo and can learn alot under other milan players''. Can someone explain to me why or in which way is he different from oliveira? He is brasilian, he sucked last season, he aint wanted by anyone else including his team. Ok, he is from real(!) that RO wasnt, big deal.

I mean, instead of giving faith in our quick-buy-RO we loan him (and loose alot of cash on him) just to make similar transfer again this year? It may work but even RO may have worked right? After all he is coming to challenge inzaghi for his spot in the team as a 3rd attacker and so he is faaaar away from any great signing if u ask me.

Warro Bantan
25-07-2007, 13:14
peters, we are all (at leat I am) putting a good face on about Baptista...trying to see his potential benefits (if we do get him, which Galliani has denied in recent press reports), as opposed to focusing on his weaknesses, which are many.

One of which, was a wonder-own goal scored while at Sevilla...I mean he headed the ball into his won net with such force and venom, that my only thought was that he forgot which goal he was to score in!! :grinser:

I am sure u can find it on youtube

peters
25-07-2007, 13:17
i remember it...
cos it was against barca

zlatanov
25-07-2007, 13:21
here are other FAMOUS names:
1) Steven Appiah : previous italian exp. only 26 and would backup gattuso and pirlo
2) Ivanchitz : great technical midfeider will also be more famous after euro 2008 hosted by austria he is also cheap
3) zabaletta : great young captain the next j.zanetti he can play in many roles and also not exp.
4) Dirk Kuyt : he will be competing with voronin+babel+crouch+torres and i am sure he will be avilable for around 13-15 mil. he is unbeleivabely milan style a fighter ,...,...
COME ON ZLAT TONY DRU KIM .... WHERE ARE THE COMMENTS ?
about those Middle eastern players, you can safely scratch them off any lists - Milan would hardly even remotely consider bringing such unproven players (some of them having some experience in European football means close to nothing here), who are also non-EU to make matters even worse.

Dirk Kuyt is at Pool to stay and I don't see him leave anytime soon unless his form drops and Pool want to get rid of him, in which case, Milan would hardly be lining up for his services.

I like Appiah a lot despite his not-so-successful stint at Juve but he is a non-Eu player and that would make things difficult for him to come to Milan should we show any interest at all.
He is a very good alternative to players like Ambro, Diarra, and gattuso, though - experienced, still young and not very expensive.

Zabaleta is fine and useful player but for now don't see Milan being seriously interested in him as he's hardly someone who could improve on what we already have ... once we start looking for rejuvenating the squad, he could be an option.

Ivanchitz - don't know him and doubt Milan will ever want to know him either :D

Tony29.
25-07-2007, 13:29
Tony, the secrecy is needed especially with those 2 clubs: Milan and Barca.
1. Because both clubs are friends and they don't want to harm each other interest.
2. Both Ronaldinho and Etho are superstars which costs really huge sums of money.

I am sure that such dealings must be settled first between the presidents of both clubs, and only when an agreement is reached in that level, the club officials will be involved to finalise all details of the transfer and the media get informed.
Yes Charlie, totally agree with everything you said, but you know, Galliani says "We Will sign player X" .

If Galliani knows Milan will sign him then i guess things have been settled with Laporta and with Dinho so all you now need is Dinho to get his EU passport ( the very same can be said about Eto'o)

If this is the case then i really don't understand why have Laporta, Berlu, Eto'o and now even Dinho* been lying to us when they were saying "Dinho and Eto'o will not be sold" "Laporta will have to emigrate if he sells us Dinho so now we can forgfet about him" "I will stay at Barcelona"

* The lates from Dinho is from few hours ago
http://www.calciomercato.com/index.php?c=23&a=49611
"It's always pleasant to know that Milan are interested in you, but i'm really happy here and all i think about now is Barcelona. I'm not thinking about any other team that isn't called Barcelona, because this is where i see my future

Damnit guys, i promised i won't interfere in Dinho discussions, but you're forcing me to do it :mad:

Tony29.
25-07-2007, 13:38
Yes Charlie, totally agree with everything you said, but you know, Galliani says "We Will sign player X" .

If Galliani knows Milan will sign him then i guess things have been settled with Laporta and with Dinho so all you now need is Dinho to get his EU passport ( the very same can be said about Eto'o)

If this is the case then i really don't understand why have Laporta, Berlu, Eto'o and now even Dinho* been lying to us when they were saying "Dinho and Eto'o will not be sold" "Laporta will have to emigrate if he sells us Dinho so now we can forgfet about him" "I will stay at Barcelona"

"It's always pleasant to know that Milan are interested in you, but i'm really happy here and all i think about now is Barcelona. I'm not thinking about any other team that isn't called Barcelona, because this is where i see my future

Damnit guys, i promised i won't interfere in Dinho discussions, but you're forcing me to do it :mad:

I forgot to add that i find this strange but only in case Dinho or Eto'o are player X . If Galliani is talking about someone else then it's all ok :)

Edit : And i like Zlat's last reply. When i was reading it i felt like i was the one who wrote it :diablo:

hitmannq8
25-07-2007, 13:48
its about time Europe take a lot at the Middle Eastern players, they are so talented that it is really surprising how they still play in the low-class leagues in the Middle East.. Nashat Akram, Younis Mahmoud, Yaser Al Qahtani, Mohamed Zidan (Bremen), Ali Karimi (went to Qatar again) are all players that could easily make the jump into CL football.. i am so surprised how Ali Karimi did not manage to fit in German football, people used to compare him to Zidane and Maradona..

also as someone mentioned earlier that we did assign Desailly to be our African scout but has not spotted anyone yet for this summer.. i wonder could there be any other Non-EU players that are close to becoming EU that we did not talk about?

and you notice that Galliani says the signing will be a Non-EU player, even though he says that the player might get his EU passport soon.. this only proves that if Mr. X gets his EU passport then another Non-EU will arrive this summer (Pato), if he doesn't then Mr X will be the Non-EU signing.. that is why Pato has not been finalised just yet..

Tony29.
25-07-2007, 13:56
peters, we are all (at leat I am) putting a good face on about Baptista...trying to see his potential benefits (if we do get him, which Galliani has denied in recent press reports), as opposed to focusing on his weaknesses, which are many.

One of which, was a wonder-own goal scored while at Sevilla...I mean he headed the ball into his won net with such force and venom, that my only thought was that he forgot which goal he was to score in!! :grinser:

I am sure u can find it on youtube

He scored another amazing own goal against Tottenham
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOc80P0p-Ew

If a Tottenham player scored the goal the way Baptista did, we'd be saying he was a genious :haha:

Graeme C
25-07-2007, 14:24

yeah i have a horrible gut feeling they have no idea who to buy, after not being able to land Ronaldinho, eto, Suazo, Henry or Sheva the list starts to wear thin. Stuck for ideas, and really after the january transfer window we should have started scouting for players then.

If it is the case that we have been holding out all this time on Ronaldinho then really we have wasted a huge chunk of the window and only they are to blame.

But to be honest i dont think i could think of a decent striker with the crudentials to play for Milan :- Seria A experience ( or has performed in europe to a level that they can survive in italy), proven goal scorer, isnt seasoned, is more of a second striker opposed to another gila/inzaghi.. Only players i can think of are Rossi (seems to be staying at Man U), Cassano (psycho) and Quagliarella (not available). The managements crudentials seem to be just : Brazilian... And that really does my head in.

Like ive said before, if we just end up with Baptista this summer i will not be happy! Last night i could sleep so i wrote the squad and ages. We have at least 5 players who are over 35 (not including goalees) and next season its only going to get worse.

sorry if i seem moany all the time, its only because i dont want our brilliant team lose out on silverware again because of the managements naive attitude.

Warro Bantan
25-07-2007, 14:40
yeah i have a horrible gut feeling they have no idea who to buy, after not being able to land Ronaldinho, eto, Suazo, Henry or Sheva the list starts to wear thin. Stuck for ideas, and really after the january transfer window we should have started scouting for players then.

I couldnt disagree with you more...but humor me...after R10, who is on the same level, that is available or could be available this mercato?

My point is this: As management have already stated, in particular, Berlu:

There are few "available" players out there of the standard that would improve Milan...especially in the attacking department.

Remember we are talking about a top striker, preferrably(but not exclusively) with Serie A/UCL experience...a proven goal scorer, and further, a player to field alongside Ronaldo, who, unless injured, is an "automatic starter" in our forward line....a player that would complement Ronaldo, and not detract.

I am drawing a blank presently, hence me asking for your assistance....so if you feel that management dont have a "plan B" then u may b right, but I cannot concieve that Berlu et al didnt stop and think: "So..whom should we get if Etoo, Henry and R10 fail to come to Milan?"

Maltese Charlie
25-07-2007, 15:02

Tony, if Mr. X is ronaldinho, I do not jump into the conclusion that all the involved people are lying to us, but for me it means that the unofficial talks which Berlusconi refered to, are either not complete,
Or for an uknown reason it's not the right time to be public.
Tony, such transfers are also very sensitive and they have to be dealt with great care.

Tony29.
25-07-2007, 15:03
Did you guys hear about the latest curse popular among football players ?
It goes like this : "I hope Juve want to buy you but you reject them"

The latest victim of the curse is German international Torsten Frings who rejected a very good offer from Juve, less than two months ago.

"Werder Bremen midfielder Torsten Frings could be out for six months after tearing cruciate knee ligaments.Germany international Frings, 30, suffered the injury during Bremen's pre-season friendly at Paderborn on Tuesday night.

I'm sorry you had to learn the hard way Torsten but what the hell were you thinking when you rejected the once in a lifetime oportunity ???
And i'm sorry Mrki isn't here . He was praising Frings when he decided to stay in Bremen.

:p017: :devf:

P.S : I feel sorry for the guy, though. Nasty injury, especially for someone in his age !

Warro Bantan
25-07-2007, 15:59
Tony:

Looks like he will only be out for a couple of weeks...think I saw the article on soccernet..but not sure.

Hasan Rossonero
25-07-2007, 16:01
Tony, if Mr. X is ronaldinho, I do not jump into the conclusion that all the involved people are lying to us, but for me it means that the unofficial talks which Berlusconi refered to, are either not complete,
Or for an uknown reason it's not the right time to be public.
Tony, such transfers are also very sensitive and they have to be dealt with great care.
Whom do you think Mr X is?

Ghost
25-07-2007, 16:03
Alot of people are against Baptista coming to Milan and I think the main reason for that is the lack of playing time he has had at Madrid and the season he had with Arsenal.

I think a change in the surrounding may do him good as playing conditions in England is way different to that of Spain and Italy

remote2book
25-07-2007, 16:06
i just hope we wign some1....and to ppl who said ribery was overpriced..i think u might wanna watch the last couple of games byren played....ive watched all of them so far...and ribery has played amazing....3 goals in 2 games and he runs everywhere..as well as setting up others.

Graeme C
25-07-2007, 16:07
I couldnt disagree with you more...but humor me...after R10, who is on the same level, that is available or could be available this mercato?

My point is this: As management have already stated, in particular, Berlu:

There are few "available" players out there of the standard that would improve Milan...especially in the attacking department.

Remember we are talking about a top striker, preferrably(but not exclusively) with Serie A/UCL experience...a proven goal scorer, and further, a player to field alongside Ronaldo, who, unless injured, is an "automatic starter" in our forward line....a player that would complement Ronaldo, and not detract.

I am drawing a blank presently, hence me asking for your assistance....so if you feel that management dont have a "plan B" then u may b right, but I cannot concieve that Berlu et al didnt stop and think: "So..whom should we get if Etoo, Henry and R10 fail to come to Milan?"

hey yeah i didnt mean the same level as Ronaldinho now thats a hard feet :grinser: Just how we havent been able to secure any of the strikers i listed. There is problem with availability of players at the level we want, and not being able to attract them. However we shouldnt by any means settle for second best.

Graeme C
25-07-2007, 16:13
Alot of people are against Baptista coming to Milan and I think the main reason for that is the lack of playing time he has had at Madrid and the season he had with Arsenal.

I think a change in the surrounding may do him good as playing conditions in England is way different to that of Spain and Italy

I think most people are affraid of another Oliviera. If baptista hasnt played alot questions should be asked over his match fitness and how long it will take for him to get up to our standard. The again italy isnt a walk in the park..

ThrusT
25-07-2007, 16:15
i just hope we wign some1....and to ppl who said ribery was overpriced..i think u might wanna watch the last couple of games byren played....ive watched all of them so far...and ribery has played amazing....3 goals in 2 games and he runs everywhere..as well as setting up others.
Almost underpriced for a player like that if you ask me.:)
We really missed out on him, what a midfielder, if only the management could take off those Brazilian glasses. :grinser:

And, imo, Mr.X is just Galliani's way of saying we still haven't found anyone who is willing to sign for us.

Tony29.
25-07-2007, 16:20
Graziano Pelle, the u21 Italian starlet, signed for AZ Alkmaar for 7.5m euro

Bye Bye Pelle

:ilol:

Hasan, i know you're a huge fan of Italian football and serie A . So am i, and so is everybody else here, considering our favorite teams are from Italy.
We had some disagreements in the past regarding the quality of serie A compared to EPL and La Liga. I won't go there but i'd like to ask you this :

Don't you see this "exodus" of Italian players as a sign that something's wrong ?
4 of the starting XI players for Italy, from Berlin WC final, are now playing outside Italy.
I know that two of them probably wouldn't have left Italy if there wasn't for Calciopoli (Zambro and Canna) but this year two more heroes from Berlin left Italy (Luca Toni in Bayern and Fabio Grosso in Lyon).

This is only one sign that something's happening. The other, even more scary sign imo, is the departure of young stars.
Rolando Bianchi, probably the best young Italian striker, left Italy. Bianchi scored 19 serie A goals last year, he's only 24 and if in some past times he would have signed with Juve, Milan, Inter or Roma by default, this time "we" let him go to England and sign for such an average team like Manchester City, for 13m euro.
Graziano Pelle, 22 years old striker from Lecce, was the best player of Italian u-20 team , 2 years ago, and found himself among the 4 strikers in Italian u21 this summer on EC. None of the Italian giants, not even the mid-table teams wanted to offer good money for him, but Louis Van Gaal has been a huge admirer of the Italian and he did everything to buy him. No Italian team was ready to offer money for the u-21 NT player and the potential senior NT player, but some UEFA cup team like AZ Alkmaar is buying him for 7.5m euro ???

Giorgio Chiellini may easily be the next on the list. Juve rejected the 10m euro offer from Man City but reports suggest that Giorgio will nevertheless finish in Manchester because Eriksson is ready to offer more. Giorgio is the u21 captain and tipped to become star defender. Did the time come when Juve will lose it's players to Manchester City ?

In the past there were Italians who played outside Italy. Zola, Di Canio, Albertini, Vialli etc, but almost always the NT players and the biggest stars were playing in Italy and the above mentioned players were leaving Italy at older age.
Now not only the stars and the great future prospects are leaving Italy but even very good players like Lucarelli (left for Shaktiar Donieck. He was serie A second best scorer in last season) , Abbiatti (Atletiko), De Sanctis (Sevilla) left serie A while players like Cassano, Corradi and few others, are out of Italy for a while now.

I hate this new trend when some of the greatest stars in Italy and the greatest prospects are leaving serie A to play in England, Holland, Germany, Spain or France.
What do you think, Hasan ?

remote2book
25-07-2007, 16:55
yea tony...this seems to be cuz of i think in other countries tht these players are going to ...the stadiums are always full with people no matter wat and who is playing compare to italy where the stadias are not in the best of shape and hardly fans are there...so i think players like rolando bianchi who i was sadly dissapointed to see him leave think they can be much more famous because of all the media and more exposure to everything.....i mean think abt it lets take bianchi for example how many ppl will cheer for him onces he scores fo man city compare to how many cheered for him when he was in reggina..how many more will buy his jersey when he is in man city compare to reggina...

Hasan Rossonero
25-07-2007, 17:51
Tony 29

I will try to address your concerns.

Currently Italian football is going through several problems. Let's briefly talk about them.

1) Calciopoli- The league is still reeling from the scandal of last summer. As you correctly point out Zambo and Canna left because of Juve's relegation, not because of any desire to leave Serie A. However, Calciopoli had a big impact on Italian football's image and impudently mocked the claim that Italians and Italian football lovers love to make: "Serie A is the best league in the world". What the scandal did bring out in the open that matches were being meddled with or fixed, and surely as a player, you must have felt cheated and disgusted.

Calciopoli also had a huge financial impact on Serie A's income. Juve's relegation meant a drop in income for Serie A, and three majore clubs started the season with a points handicap. A level playing field is the minimum any sport should strive to uphold ; Calciopoli, let's say, made the playing field quite bumpy.

2) Italian teams seem to bank on foreign talent before their own- This seems a pathetic situation for me. Napoli should have gone for Bianchi, rather than banking on a relatively obscure talent from Argentina. Similarly, Milan are willing to go--if reports are to be believed--after Baptista, but not Quagliarella or Giuseppe Rossi. Even allowing for all the arguments about the Brazilian's versatility, can anyone say unreservedly that there are not better Italian options out there? Btw these Italian options would be better and cheaper!

The biggest culprits here are our imbecilic cross-city cousins. :stupid: Can anyone tell me what Inter are good for? Their team is almost entirely made up of foreigners, and they managed to sell a World Cup icon! Why not buy Italian talent? Why give Recoba a prolonged, lucrative contract? I mean Inter only have Materazzi and Toldo!!! This is a big problem.

And we are not innocent in all of this either. Why not move for Italian goalkeepers, who are the best in the world IMO? Instead of renewing contracts of a calamitous specimen such as Dida (please don't crucify me), why not AT LEAST safeguard the future with Amelia...De Sanctis...or keep Abbiati? Why?

3) TV rights- A few posts ago I posted that it was essential to have central marketing of TV rights, if the Italian game is to survive and flourish in the long term. It was received with only tepid approval at best. I have been doing a lot of research on this, and I have discovered some interesting facts.

TV rights for the whole of Serie A come are almost 600 million POUNDS. That's right 600! That means that Italy would enjoy a higher amount TV income than even England did in their FIRST go at collective TV rights. The government's proposal to divide up the goods was as follows:

1) 300 million pounds divided equally between the 20 teams.
2) The other 300 million pounds was to be divided according to the fanbase and final positioning of each team. Makes sense. I mean why should Catania enjoy the same TV income as Juventus. After all Juve has a much larger fanbase. A very small portion of this 300 million was to be devoted for grassroots development of the game.

So according to this proposal, every club in Serie A would be guaranteed 15 million pounds (for some clubs more than 10 times of what they get), while the big clubs would obviously get less than what they get now, but probably more than the top clubs in England (England, according to what I have read, is even more egalitarian in their distribution).

I was having a discussion with Kris about TV rights, and I have to apologize to him/her because I thought Livorno and Catania were spending because TV rights would come into effect next season. They don't. They come into effect in 2010.

Anyway, all the big clubs--Napoli, Juve, Milan, Inter, Roma, Lazio and probably Fiorentina when they decide to vote and not abstain--rejected the proposal.
They had good reason to because a significant chunk of Italians support one of the big 3 clubs, so why should these clubs share so much of the pie with the likes of Empoli?

But whatever happened to the big picture? Where is the solidarity? Where is the farsightedness? I mean the big 3 will always have money, but the likes of Catania and Reggina deserve a shot at building competitive squads and pay them more than peanuts.

What the TV rights acrimony illustrates is two things: 1) Italian clubs refuse to show solidarity 2) the top 3 have a very unhealthy revenue portfolio, which relies on TV rights for 60% of its total.

If the TV rights thing is not passed, OR another incoming government changes it back to exclusive TV rights, then I fear the smaller clubs will not be able to purchase players without the help of rich patrons. And not all clubs have that.

This is a great time for Italian clubs to boost their merchandising sales, something in which they're lacking behind their Spanish and English counterparts. Oh btw, the English model is the way to go, not the Spanish one, where TV rights are negotiated for individually. There too, you now see that Deportivo or Mallorca can barely spend any money on the market. However, the only saving grace there is that there the clubs own their stadiums and are a little ahead of Italy in terms of merchandising.

Alongside, TV rights, the Italian govt. should also really quickly solve the case of stadium ownership in Italy. Currently the city councils own the stadiums, so the clubs not only miss out on some revenue, but also the stadiums are poorly maintained. 1990 was the last time they were renovated!

Some words of hope

We have to remember that Toni, Lucarelli, and Grosso are all 30 or above. Grosso turns 30 in Nov I think. The likes of Pelle moving to AZ is not symptomatic of an exodus because he is moving from Lecce. Obviously AZ have more money than Lecce. The Dutch, French, and German leagues make less than Italy, and their teams are not as rich (in general). However, if a player like Pelle becomes available the TOP club from the Netherlands will obviously have more money than the BOTTOM club from Italy.

Bianchi etc. have left but Tavano and Miccoli have also returned. The football market is a European one, and if a current club does not have room for a player or can't accommodate him for some other reason, then other options become attractive. I really doubt if someone like Sampdoria really showed serious interest for Pelle, the player would pick AZ.

This is from uefa.com:

"Galliani's claim was supported by recent research from Ernst & Young published in the Italian financial newspaper Il Sole 24 Ore. According to their research a team with 24.7 players - 11.1 of them foreigners - everyone earning €500,000 per year would cost €24.8m in Italy, €23.09m in England, €22.5m in Germany and only €19.8m in Spain. The big difference with Spain is down to tax breaks for foreigners, making Spain a lucrative haven for today’s footballers.

Positive outlook
That is not to say the short-term future of Italian football is bleak. The return to Serie A of traditional, wealthy and well-supported teams such as Juventus, SSC Napoli and Genoa CFC 1893 will generate new income and interest. Serie A will also be represented by the ten biggest cities in the country – with the exception of Bologna. Some of the nation’s biggest derbies are back on the fixture list and according to Deloitte, income from television rights, attendance and merchandising will increase by €360m next season. It may take some for Serie A to reestablish itself as THE destination for the world’s best footballers, but it is not a bad start."

Italy is still amongst the top 3 best leagues. They should work together to make sure they don't slip out of that ranking and to return to being the best again.

---Hasan (end of rant)

GilAttack [11]
25-07-2007, 18:07

He might be the one:
http://img257.imageshack.us/my.php?image=124626ej5.jpg

:devf:

Vadim
25-07-2007, 18:16
+ rep Hasan :5ok:

BTW, I remember you saying that you post in and get much of your information from another forum. Do you mind revealing that forum, or is that classified?

drucurl
25-07-2007, 18:17
I'd play a blindfolded Gila with both feet broken before a 100% fit Baptista

nefremo
25-07-2007, 18:39
I'd play a blindfolded Gila with both feet broken before a 100% fit Baptista

And that's comming from drucurl??? :eekani: Dru, did someone force you to say that????? Was it Warro because of the comments towards the Jamaican women you made earlier??? :ilol:

Hasan Rossonero
25-07-2007, 19:02
+ rep Hasan :5ok:

BTW, I remember you saying that you post in and get much of your information from another forum. Do you mind revealing that forum, or is that classified?
I get my info on Spain and England from another forum.

However, as for Italian football, I mainly get my info from Gazzetta, World Soccer (the best magazine in English), watching RAI, and my Italian friends in Canada (those who lived in Italy all their lives).

I have pm'd you the forum.

drucurl
25-07-2007, 19:42
And that's comming from drucurl??? :eekani: Dru, did someone force you to say that????? Was it Warro because of the comments towards the Jamaican women you made earlier??? :ilol:

Nah Warro is a cool guy but he can give but can't take.....he could not logically dispute what I said (not about the Jamaican girls thing that was just a joke I'd never intentionally disrespect him or his wife...after all he is my rossonero brother :respect: ) so he tried to end it all by saying end of the ot discussion....but if it were some sort of punishment I'd much rather leave this place than be censored for holding my own in a discussion :5ok:

as for Baptista...I honestly rather Gila to him.....he had a good season playing in a country where a guy who couldn't buy a goal for a whole season (Diego Forlan) ends up being the top scorer....big deal :v46: At least Gila has a proven track record of being a consistent scorer.....and under the right conditions...i.e. either the midfield or Ronaldo doing all the work....he can tally up a huge amount of goals....i dislike him because he is a one dimensional striker...i.e can only be on the end of moves or provide very rudimentary roles in the build up play. that and he dives/flops with alarming regularity, disappears in big matches AND has no outside shot....... That said he is a far better player than Baptista because he has many good striking qualities: He has a GREAT first touch, is good in the air, and is a decent finisher......Baptista is good in the air too and unlike Gila, can take a good free kick....but his control is poor and he is an even worse finisher.... considering that Pirlo, Seedorf and Ronaldo can all take good free-kicks the most use he'd be to us is for his strength and aerial ability....but since few of our goals are off headers...this only leaves his strength as a main asset to milan...i think that isn't worth paying for...... better a weak striker like Pippo or Gila....hell we might even get a penalty if they fall :guw:

Tony29.
25-07-2007, 20:12
Very good and informative post Hasan. I knew most of these things (thanx to you and your previous posts) but i'm thankful for this summary.

As it looks, TV rights were a major problem and i hope Italians borrow the English model if that's what needs to be done to have 7 or 8 strong teams who'll be able to buy very good and expensive players (some 7 years ago Roma, Inter, Milan, Juve, Lazio, Parma and Fiorentina were so powerful that they could have easily spent 20m euro for a player).

I don't know if equal TV rights sharing will solve all the problems, but it will help for sure.
You're right when you say that Pelle would have chosen Samp in front of AZ. But the problem here isn't in Sampdoria not showing big interest, it's in Sampdoria not being able to spend 7.5m on Pelle. If you've noticed, even Milan and Juve don't easily give 7.5m, even less for an unproven , 22 yo serie B player like Pelle.
AZ do have more money than Lecce and they can easily buy Pelle. But that's why Napoli, Sampdoria or Parma should offer more and prevent another Italian talent going abroad. The problem is - they can't.

I don't know what did English teams do but "we" must do the same. I took my time to search for the highest transfers of the Italian and English teams in last 3 years :

Milan - Gilardino 24m euro
Inter - Ibrahimovic 24m euro
Juventus - Vieira 21m euro
Roma - Chivu 18m euro

Now English giants

Chelsea - Shevchenko 45m euro
Man Utd - Rooney 37m euro
Liverpool - Torres 30m euro
Arsenal - Reyes 16m euro ( the sum could have risen to 26m)

Also have in mind that the English giants, apart from Arsenal, have bought many more +10m euro players, which can't be said about the Italian best teams.

This isn't so important though, because i think that Italian giants, especially Milan and Inter could have spent much more if they wanted to.

The real difference can be seen if we compare the smaller teams

Tot'ham - Bent 24m , Berbatov 16m , Jenas 13.5m, Zokora 12.5m, Kaboul 10.5m, Defoe 10.5, Chimbonda 9m
Aston Villa - Young 14m euro, Petrov 12m euro, Reo Coker 12m euro, Baros 10m euro
West Ham - Bellamy 10.8m, Ashton 10.6m, Parker 10.5m, Upson 9m
Manchester City - Bianchi 13.5m , now offering even more for Castillo and maybe Chiellini
Everton - Johnsson 13m , Beattie 9m
Fulham - Kamara 9m
Middlesbrough - Yakubu 11.5m, Woodgate 10.5m, Huth 9m,
New Castle - Owen 25.5m, Martins 15m, Luque 14.2, Parker 10m, Barton 8.5m
Portsmouth - Muntari 10.2m, Utaka 8.8m, Nugent 8.8

Even teams like Wigan spent €8m for Heskey and 7.8m for Koumas, Sunderland payed 8m for Richardson and 7.5 for Chopra

Now Italian teams
Fiorentina - Bojinov 13m, Toni 10m, Mutu 8m
Lazio - noone for more than 5m
Livorno - Tavano 6m
Palermo - Amauri 8m, Simplicio 5.5m, Miccoli 4.3m
Parma - Reginaldo 4.5m
Sampdoria - Bonazzoli 4.5m
Udinese - the highest amount they payed was for Quagliarella 7.5m, but i doubt they payed because they plan to keep him.
Torino - noone for more than 5m

See the difference ? English teams were paying more than the Italians even in the 2 years before Calciopoli, so the problem must be somewhere else !

Hasan Rossonero
25-07-2007, 20:12
Could Mr. X be Diego from Bremen?

I heard his name mentioned by some Milan fans on Milan channel. Is he non-EU?

hitmannq8
25-07-2007, 20:21
I would be happy but he is not a striker Hasan he plays more like Pirlo.

Hasan Rossonero
25-07-2007, 20:23
I would be happy but he is not a striker Hasan he plays more like Pirlo.

Yeah, but Gazzetta seems to think that the player being worked on could be Motta! That's our mister X. Oh man, I hope that's not true!

Yeah Diego is not really a striker, but if Milan are looking for a "vice-Pirlo" then he and Deco seem to be available. I know the 3 players have fairly different characteristics, but it's hard to find someone like Pirlo.

Hasan Rossonero
25-07-2007, 20:32
@Tony29

TV rights will solve a lot of the problems.
However, stadium ownership and merchandising are important too, and English clubs (all of them) are ahead in that.

That's why the Euro2012 failed bid was such a loss to Italy because it prevented much needed government funds to rebuild stadiums. Melandri has to walk the walk, and she should really help clubs buy their stadiums from the council.

Remember, clubs in the Prem, each of them get 30 million POUNDS guaranteed a year!!! And they have full houses! All that helps. Furthermore, they don't have much advantage when it comes to taxes, as Italy's and England's tax rate is virtually the same.

GilAttack [11]
25-07-2007, 21:28
IMO all this Mr. X talk is crap.
I know that the press likes to link many players to Milan, but the ones they put really su*k.
Now, we havent heard much about David Villa, hopefully its him if we fail to land the other guys (Eto'o, Ronaldinho, Drogba, Sheva, etc...)

kris
25-07-2007, 21:30
what I think the answers are (no 100% guarantee, though):

1) yes, the list of players that a club wants to register with the FIGC is usually submitted on the day of the deadline - or a day earlier - for transfers set by the FIGC - August 31st, I think.
So, by then, Etoo would have his EU pass and will be registered at the FIGC as a EU player and Milan can buy/register another non-EU player from any country outside or part of the EU.

For instance Inter have already bought Nelson Rivas from River Plate and if they loan him out, they can still get another non-Eu player.

In fact, a club can buy as many non-Eu players as they wish as long as they register only 1 of them with the FIGC on August 31st.

I don't believe it is like this. Transfer papers are normally registred when the player moves, they don't wait for some serie A registration, in fact this 31th of august registration for serie A doesn't exist. Players already playing for the club don't need to be registred, in contrast to champions league you don't send in a squad list of players to register for the competition. A transfer of course needs to be sent in and registred with the federation, but I do not think there is anything saying the club can't wait with that registration if needed.

If we are waiting for some players to get their eu passport (like Galliani have hinted) then what you said doesn't make much sense, since there would be no need to wait at all.

There is of course one other option, that is that the player in question can't get his [spanish] passport if he already moved to Italy...

R9naldo
25-07-2007, 22:05
someone please post a list of the possible MR X.... im going crazy trying to figure it out

zlatanov
25-07-2007, 22:25
I don't believe it is like this. Transfer papers are normally registred when the player moves, they don't wait for some serie A registration, in fact this 31th of august registration for serie A doesn't exist. Players already playing for the club don't need to be registred, in contrast to champions league you don't send in a squad list of players to register for the competition. A transfer of course needs to be sent in and registred with the federation, but I do not think there is anything saying the club can't wait with that registration if needed.

I am sure it is the way I said it, kris.
there is a deadline for teams to present a list of their squads to the FIGC and I am pretty sure that coincides with the last day of the transfer period ... which in itself is exactly that - a deadline for teams to figure out their squads and submit the registrations to the FIGC.

whether that club needs to send in only the registrations of the new players that doesn't change anything here as this whole question/issue concerns new acquisitions anyway ... it all has to be done and dusted by the transfer deadline, however, and if the it's missed, that club would have to wait till the next transfer window to register that new player in order for him to be eligible to play in Serie A.

beyond that deadline, teams can only sign players who are free agents i.e. without a club and even then they have to be registered with the FIGC in order to be eligible to play for that club in the Serie A.

In fact, the CL list of players can only include players who are already registered with the local federation, in Milan's case this is the FIGC - this you can find in the UEFA rules for CL registration.

If we are waiting for some players to get their eu passport (like Galliani have hinted) then what you said doesn't make much sense, since there would be no need to wait at all.
I am not sure I follow you here - Milan is waiting to see if that player can get a Eu pass but that wiat is limited - deadline is last day of transfer window i.e. august 31st.

If the Eu pass doesn't arrive by then, Milan will have to register that player as a non-EU player and thus will not be able to make any other tranfers involving non-EU players until next summer ... which would practically make it impossible for us to get Pato in the winter, hence the big issue around that Eu pass - will it arrive on time (before August 31st) or will it not.

As for why Milan isn't announcing that Mister X now and only wait and see if his Eu pass comes in time, it really depends on who Mister X is - if he is Etoo or Dinho, then the "waiting" is probably due to the difficulties involved in realizing such a transfer and not necessarily if they get a Eu pass or not.

while if it's someone like Baptista, Milan may well be willing to get Baptista only if he becomes an Eu player, and if he doesn't, Milan may not be willing to spend a non-EU spot on him but prefer to reserve it for Pato.

In the end, it all comes down to who Mister X is - if he exists at all :) - and how keen are Milan on getting Pato i.e. are they willing to not make any tranfers of non-EU players now but wait till the winter in order to go with the youngster.

Russo-Neri
25-07-2007, 22:25
Tony 29

I will try to address your concerns.

Currently Italian football is going through several problems. Let's briefly talk about them.

1) Calciopoli- The league is still reeling from the scandal of last summer. As you correctly point out Zambo and Canna left because of Juve's relegation, not because of any desire to leave Serie A. However, Calciopoli had a big impact on Italian football's image and impudently mocked the claim that Italians and Italian football lovers love to make: "Serie A is the best league in the world". What the scandal did bring out in the open that matches were being meddled with or fixed, and surely as a player, you must have felt cheated and disgusted.

Calciopoli also had a huge financial impact on Serie A's income. Juve's relegation meant a drop in income for Serie A, and three majore clubs started the season with a points handicap. A level playing field is the minimum any sport should strive to uphold ; Calciopoli, let's say, made the playing field quite bumpy.

2) Italian teams seem to bank on foreign talent before their own- This seems a pathetic situation for me. Napoli should have gone for Bianchi, rather than banking on a relatively obscure talent from Argentina. Similarly, Milan are willing to go--if reports are to be believed--after Baptista, but not Quagliarella or Giuseppe Rossi. Even allowing for all the arguments about the Brazilian's versatility, can anyone say unreservedly that there are not better Italian options out there? Btw these Italian options would be better and cheaper!

The biggest culprits here are our imbecilic cross-city cousins. :stupid: Can anyone tell me what Inter are good for? Their team is almost entirely made up of foreigners, and they managed to sell a World Cup icon! Why not buy Italian talent? Why give Recoba a prolonged, lucrative contract? I mean Inter only have Materazzi and Toldo!!! This is a big problem.

And we are not innocent in all of this either. Why not move for Italian goalkeepers, who are the best in the world IMO? Instead of renewing contracts of a calamitous specimen such as Dida (please don't crucify me), why not AT LEAST safeguard the future with Amelia...De Sanctis...or keep Abbiati? Why?

3) TV rights- A few posts ago I posted that it was essential to have central marketing of TV rights, if the Italian game is to survive and flourish in the long term. It was received with only tepid approval at best. I have been doing a lot of research on this, and I have discovered some interesting facts.

TV rights for the whole of Serie A come are almost 600 million POUNDS. That's right 600! That means that Italy would enjoy a higher amount TV income than even England did in their FIRST go at collective TV rights. The government's proposal to divide up the goods was as follows:

1) 300 million pounds divided equally between the 20 teams.
2) The other 300 million pounds was to be divided according to the fanbase and final positioning of each team. Makes sense. I mean why should Catania enjoy the same TV income as Juventus. After all Juve has a much larger fanbase. A very small portion of this 300 million was to be devoted for grassroots development of the game.

So according to this proposal, every club in Serie A would be guaranteed 15 million pounds (for some clubs more than 10 times of what they get), while the big clubs would obviously get less than what they get now, but probably more than the top clubs in England (England, according to what I have read, is even more egalitarian in their distribution).

I was having a discussion with Kris about TV rights, and I have to apologize to him/her because I thought Livorno and Catania were spending because TV rights would come into effect next season. They don't. They come into effect in 2010.

Anyway, all the big clubs--Napoli, Juve, Milan, Inter, Roma, Lazio and probably Fiorentina when they decide to vote and not abstain--rejected the proposal.
They had good reason to because a significant chunk of Italians support one of the big 3 clubs, so why should these clubs share so much of the pie with the likes of Empoli?

But whatever happened to the big picture? Where is the solidarity? Where is the farsightedness? I mean the big 3 will always have money, but the likes of Catania and Reggina deserve a shot at building competitive squads and pay them more than peanuts.

What the TV rights acrimony illustrates is two things: 1) Italian clubs refuse to show solidarity 2) the top 3 have a very unhealthy revenue portfolio, which relies on TV rights for 60% of its total.

If the TV rights thing is not passed, OR another incoming government changes it back to exclusive TV rights, then I fear the smaller clubs will not be able to purchase players without the help of rich patrons. And not all clubs have that.

This is a great time for Italian clubs to boost their merchandising sales, something in which they're lacking behind their Spanish and English counterparts. Oh btw, the English model is the way to go, not the Spanish one, where TV rights are negotiated for individually. There too, you now see that Deportivo or Mallorca can barely spend any money on the market. However, the only saving grace there is that there the clubs own their stadiums and are a little ahead of Italy in terms of merchandising.

Alongside, TV rights, the Italian govt. should also really quickly solve the case of stadium ownership in Italy. Currently the city councils own the stadiums, so the clubs not only miss out on some revenue, but also the stadiums are poorly maintained. 1990 was the last time they were renovated!

Some words of hope

We have to remember that Toni, Lucarelli, and Grosso are all 30 or above. Grosso turns 30 in Nov I think. The likes of Pelle moving to AZ is not symptomatic of an exodus because he is moving from Lecce. Obviously AZ have more money than Lecce. The Dutch, French, and German leagues make less than Italy, and their teams are not as rich (in general). However, if a player like Pelle becomes available the TOP club from the Netherlands will obviously have more money than the BOTTOM club from Italy.

Bianchi etc. have left but Tavano and Miccoli have also returned. The football market is a European one, and if a current club does not have room for a player or can't accommodate him for some other reason, then other options become attractive. I really doubt if someone like Sampdoria really showed serious interest for Pelle, the player would pick AZ.

This is from uefa.com:

"Galliani's claim was supported by recent research from Ernst & Young published in the Italian financial newspaper Il Sole 24 Ore. According to their research a team with 24.7 players - 11.1 of them foreigners - everyone earning €500,000 per year would cost €24.8m in Italy, €23.09m in England, €22.5m in Germany and only €19.8m in Spain. The big difference with Spain is down to tax breaks for foreigners, making Spain a lucrative haven for today’s footballers.

Positive outlook
That is not to say the short-term future of Italian football is bleak. The return to Serie A of traditional, wealthy and well-supported teams such as Juventus, SSC Napoli and Genoa CFC 1893 will generate new income and interest. Serie A will also be represented by the ten biggest cities in the country – with the exception of Bologna. Some of the nation’s biggest derbies are back on the fixture list and according to Deloitte, income from television rights, attendance and merchandising will increase by €360m next season. It may take some for Serie A to reestablish itself as THE destination for the world’s best footballers, but it is not a bad start."

Italy is still amongst the top 3 best leagues. They should work together to make sure they don't slip out of that ranking and to return to being the best again.

---Hasan (end of rant)

wow, i mean WOW! !!!!!!!!!!!!! Best post I ever read on here!!!!!!!!!

Are you a professional Serie A pundit?!?

:respect: :pp20: :5ok:

Hasan Rossonero
25-07-2007, 22:52
Thanks for the kind words Russo-Neri.

Tony29, some good news:

La Juve dice no a Eriksson
Cobolli Gigli: Chiellini ce lo teniamo

di Marco Gervino

"Non esiste alcun caso Chiellini, i dieci milioni di euro offerti dal Manchester City sono una cifra, ma lui e' un ragazzo importante nella nostra difesa". Con queste parole il presidente bianconero Giovanni Cobolli Gigli, poco prima dell'ingresso in Lega Calcio a Milano, ha voluto chiarire la situazione legata a Giorgio Chiellini. Il difensore toscano, che aveva manifestato il suo disagio la scorsa settimana, sembra ancora intenzionato a lasciare la Juventus. La società ribadisce che è incedibile, ma anche queste ultime dichiarazioni lasciano trasparire che la porta non è chiusa del tutto.

Indipendentemente dall'eventuale cessione di Chiellini, Ranieri desidera ancora un tassello per blindare la sua difesa già rinforzata dagli innesti di Grygera e Andrade nonché dai rientri di Criscito e Molinaro. "Al momento non abbiamo bisogno di difensori" ha precisato il presidente bianconero, tuttavia la società si sta muovendo con decisione sul mercato d'Oltremanica. I nuovi obiettivi sono infatti Philippe Senderos, ventiduenne centrale svizzero dell'Arsenal, e Gabriel Heinze, argentino classe '78, in forza al Manchester United. Definitivamente tramontata invece la pista che portava al clamoroso ritorno di Fabio Cannavaro. Sul pallone d'oro e su Cassano, Cobolli Gigli è categorico: "E' impossibile che arrivino alla Juve, non sono nostri obiettivi".

---

tgcom.it

Also from calciomercato.it:

Agente Kakà: "Aspettiamo una chiamata del Milan"

MILANO - Il procuratore di Ricardo kakà, Stefano Paolillo, intervenuto ai microfoni di 'Sky', ribadisce l’incedibilità del Milan per l’asso brasiliano, ‘aspettando’, comunque, una chiamata della società rossonera a proposito di un prolungamento dell’attuale contratto in scadenza nel giugno del 2010. “È inutile ribadirlo: Kakà resta al Milan e non solo per la prossima stagione - dice l’agente – Kakà sarà il simbolo del Milan per tanti anni, non c’è nessun’altra squadra nel suo futuro. Il Real Madrid ha provato in tutte le maniere a portarlo via al Milan, ma Berlusconi e Galliani lo reputano incedibile. Calderon gli offriva di più? Aspettiamo una chiamata da parte della dirigenza del Milan per il nuovo contratto, ma non saprei dire se la proposta rossonera possa pareggiare quella degli spagnoli”, spiega Paolillo.

------

The article means 2011 not 2010. In short: Kaka's agent says that there is no other team in Kaka's future but Milan, and Kaka will be the symbol of Milan for many years.

He then says they're waiting for Milan to call them to renew their contract, but he doesn't know if it will match Real's offer.

Tgcom.it and gazzetta speculate that there has already been contact for a new contract. tgcom.it says Kaka may earn 7.5 million euros + various bonuses, which would move him closer to 10 million!

I thought Kaka's agent was Bosco Leite, his dad. He must have more than one...I remember reading that somewhere.

Gabriel489
25-07-2007, 22:54
Mr. X should be Baptista.
AS for signing Dinho or Eto, it will be sat the end of August, as Barcelona have both of the included in the contract in their Asian Tour

BTW, great post Hasan

Kaka--7thUCL
25-07-2007, 23:04
I fully support signing Dinho, don't think we need more attackers, we have Gila, a gauranteed 15 goal + per year scorer, ronaldo, supposedly in great shape, and the always reliable Inzaghi.. I'd get Dinho, strengthen our midfield, maybe possibly even pato as an attacker.. again, great post Hasan took a while to read it, was worth it though :D

Nordahl
26-07-2007, 00:46
Why not sign an EUROPEAN player by now, and Pato in january?

Kaka--7thUCL
26-07-2007, 01:07
That made no sense, I think you meant why not sign a non european player now and pato in january.. Pato is non-eu meaning if we buy him in JAN. our non eu spot is still not taken up for this summer mercato, limiting out options in january..just saying, I might be misunderstanding, newais, WHOS THIS MR.X? DID WE SIGN SOME1 AND MILAN IS USING A MR.X TO COVER ? lol inform me dont feel like going back all these pages XD

GilAttack [11]
26-07-2007, 01:11
There is no Mr. X, its just BS.

Kaka--7thUCL
26-07-2007, 01:20
Ugh..The usual, was starting to get excited we finally signed someone.. I still highly agree and think that Milan are going to get Ronaldinho! If we don't get him this year there's really no point to continue trying. I have some new names now that we can only hope for, some could be disagreeable, but I'll leave that for you guys to discuss.. IMO we're left with slim options, now with Pato an unsure buy, as he's looking to come more likely in our January transfer market, or next year even. So, I came up with a shortlist of attackers and midfielders milan should look into :

Martins,Berbatov,Robben,Trez,Kerlon,Forlan,Huntelaar.

Some are disagreeable, I don't really agree with a few myself, I do fully agree though that Huntelaar,Trez,Forlan are great buys, you could question Kerlons inexperience,Berbatov, well.. For some reason i just imagine him being a huge flop and costing too much,Robben is good but do we really need a player like him? Martins is inconsistant, and he isnt all too good, just decided to throw him in there because i think the problem with our attack is it lacks a speedy player to go along with Kaka', and then theres Trez, he has his fair share of experience, he's a good forward,pretty consistant, but do we really need someone his age? That's the only thing I'd disagree on..

Jim_UK
26-07-2007, 03:40
^ Forlan signed for Atletico Madrid this summer, so i think you have to take him out of the list. Berbatov & Trezeguet won't be going anywhere either.

I really do hope we're not serious about Motta, what a kick in the balls that would be!

Appiah is still available (at least the last time i checked he was), why not go for him? Screw this non-eu place crap, get a decent player wherever they play!

Zambrotta, Pasquale, Chiellini, Cannavaro, Kompany, Gallas, Alves, Huntelaar, Villa, Van Persie, Robben (:yuck:), etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc .... They're all EU!!!! You can build a great side with these players if our 'precious' non-eu spot went on a midfielder.

Panthro says do it!

Maltese Charlie
26-07-2007, 03:49

Hasan, the last Algebra I worked out now is over 30 years ago!! :grinser:

I believe that only Berlusconi, Galliani, Briada, Leonardo and Ancellotti can solve your equation.

Anyone else from this list is just like playing tombola with names.

Not even the Italian Journalists can agree on a name. So how can we know when all our information which we can get is coming from these journalists.

It is quite clear that Milan management wants to leave everyone in the dark. I am sure there is a valid reason to act like this.
Galliani is a very clever man. This theory of Mr. X and the clues he gave afterwards, are planed to confuse the media, by creating a lot of fuss trying to speculate several names, and will leave Milan work calmly on their targets.

This is the picture how I looks at it now.
But if you like to watch me playing "Super 5" I still play on Ronaldinho.
The reason is that Berlusconi will not give up so quickly because the positive things which will come up by this transfer are huge, not only for Milan but also for himself as a politician.

kris
26-07-2007, 04:24
whether that club needs to send in only the registrations of the new players that doesn't change anything here as this whole question/issue concerns new acquisitions anyway ... it all has to be done and dusted by the transfer deadline, however, and if the it's missed, that club would have to wait till the next transfer window to register that new player in order for him to be eligible to play in Serie A.

Have you not read the comments after a transfer when Galliani said "I sent in the player registration today". He says that when the players is bought, not on the 31th of august. Is it possible for him to wait with that registration? Yes of course, but in that case the player can't be used in any official games like the one against Sevilla.

I am not sure I follow you here - Milan is waiting to see if that player can get a Eu pass but that wiat is limited - deadline is last day of transfer window i.e. august 31st.

I thought what I said was clear. Why wait if we can take in a player now and register as a EU player later when he get his passport? Why do we wait if the only prerequisite is that he gets the passport before august 31th. Yes Pato is to take into consideration here, but as in whether he is about to come in january or next summer. If Ronaldinho comes then the deal is already sealed and we are only waiting for the passport... I am sure of that.

Ghost
26-07-2007, 04:24
X was created to get your hopes up - thats all.

kris
26-07-2007, 04:30
So, I came up with a shortlist of attackers and midfielders milan should look into :

Martins,Berbatov,Robben,Trez,Kerlon,Forlan,Huntelaar.

Some are disagreeable, I don't really agree with a few myself, I do fully agree though that Huntelaar,Trez,Forlan are great buys, you could question Kerlons inexperience,Berbatov, well.. For some reason i just imagine him being a huge flop and costing too much,Robben is good but do we really need a player like him? Martins is inconsistant, and he isnt all too good, just decided to throw him in there because i think the problem with our attack is it lacks a speedy player to go along with Kaka', and then theres Trez, he has his fair share of experience, he's a good forward,pretty consistant, but do we really need someone his age? That's the only thing I'd disagree on..

Martins = there is a reason Inter sold him, he is fast, nothing more.
Berbatov = Interesting, he is class and a good scorer, I would be in favour.
Robben = Class player, even if injured to much. I would be a bit unsure what role we could use him in.
Trezeguet = Pure scorer, which we have several off. Not needed and spends all to much time injured.
Kerlon = a name which much been based on championship manager, you do realise he have been out injured for almost a whole season?
Forlan = extremly mediocre player whom would be a flop of "Oliveira" proportions.
Huntelaar = another pure scorer which isn't exactly what we need. I am also not convinced by him, he seems to be pretty poor technically.

Stitch
26-07-2007, 05:16
I may be wrong, but I think Baptista is an EU player. I remember when he was leaving Sevilla a few years ago, there were interests from English clubs. I remember his statements about wanting to stay in Spain in order to gain their citizenship. That's why he picked Real.

As for Mr. X stories...that's crap. Remember Carlo's statements about "a player who wants to play for Milan, but he can't reveal his name" from last transfer window? Do you remember Berlusconi's big name promise from last summer? Heck, do you remember five names + mysterious sixth player from a few weeks ago???

All lies.

Maltese Charlie
26-07-2007, 05:25
Stampa portoghese, Milan all'assalto di Deco. Pronti 25 mln

11:27 del 26 luglio

Secondo quanto riferisce il giornale portoghese OJogo, il Milan starebbe facendo di tutto per assicurarsi il centrocampista del Barcellona Deco. Il giocatore sarebbe un pallino del tecnico Ancelotti che avrebbe già chiesto a Berlusconi e Galliani di provare ad intavolare una trattativa col club blaugrana. Per il giornale portoghese l'offerta al Barcellona potrebbe arrivare già in settimana e sarebbe di circa 25 milioni di euro, un terzo della clausola di rescissione di 75 mln prevista dal contratto del giocatore che scade nel 2010.

I don't know if this one is either Mr.X or Mr.Z :grinser:

According a Portugese journal, Milan are after the Barcellona's midfielder DECO, and will place an offer of 25 million euros.

sorry: source calciomercato.com

Ghost
26-07-2007, 05:28
I bet mr X is Patrick Kluivert, lol

Stitch
26-07-2007, 05:31
LOL 25mil for a so-so 30yo....go after Chivu for god's sake!

I hope it's not true.

Rayno_acm
26-07-2007, 06:02
I may be wrong, but I think Baptista is an EU player...
Yeah, I remember I heard it on a radio few days ago that the Beast has a Spanish passport... :rolleyes:

zlatanov
26-07-2007, 06:18
Have you not read the comments after a transfer when Galliani said "I sent in the player registration today". He says that when the players is bought, not on the 31th of august. Is it possible for him to wait with that registration? Yes of course, but in that case the player can't be used in any official games like the one against Sevilla.
I have read them and that's exactly why said what I said .... maybe you are missing the point or whatever.
the transfer deadline is exactly the last day a club can register a player with the FIGC, nothing more nothing less, in fact there have been numerous cases when transfers are worked out in the very last minutes before the deadline - 23.59pm August 31st and the papers are faxed to the FIGC.

If he sent in a registration earlier than that, maybe it was for a player for whom there weren't any detailes to be worked out ... that however doesn't mean that he wouldprocede like that in any transfer move Milan makes, it all comes down to the circumstances that are unique for any seperate case.

Obviously, the player won't be eligible to play in official games, but they start mere days before the tranfer deadline and by then things would be more than clear - will the EU pass arrive by 31st or not.
If that player is etoo or Ronaldinho, you think it will matter for Milan whether he would be able to play vs Seviglia or not if delaying the registration would really be better for the club?

I thought what I said was clear. Why wait if we can take in a player now and register as a EU player later when he get his passport? Why do we wait if the only prerequisite is that he gets the passport before august 31th. Yes Pato is to take into consideration here, but as in whether he is about to come in january or next summer. If Ronaldinho comes then the deal is already sealed and we are only waiting for the passport... I am sure of that.
and I thought I was clear on why - becuase if the player is someone as important as etoo and dinho, transfers like that are very sensitive and take a lot of time, a lot to make it happen give the importance of the player and the club he would be coming from.
There is nothing to be sure about here - Milan will do everything to get one of Dinho or Etoo but there is no certainty involved in matters like that and to say that one is absolutely sure it would happen would mean to be fooling himself, nothing more, especially when that someone is not in the center of things i.e. not one of the few people who are indeed aware where things regarding that matter stand.

Furthermore, if that transfer was indeed sealed, as you speculate with such certainty, I doubt Barca and Milan would be allowing Etoo or Dinho to actively participate in training with their "old" teammates and even take part in friendly games - like the one they have today vs Dundee Utd - as a possible injury could ruin a deal for tens of millions.

Plus, the initial point was a hypothetical one - It only concerned the possible arrival of that Eu pass before the transfer deadline of August 31 - which is what matters, not when the money leaves Milan's account and goes into Barca's - and the possibility for Milan to buy another non-EU player should that happen i.e. a finalized move was assumed with Etoo already training at Milanello (but still a purely hypothetical situation).

It didn't speculate on Etoo or Dinho being already "bagged" - in reality - by Milan but everything being put on hold because of that EU pass, so that we speak of "waiting" on announcing the tranfer, which would have been pure speculation on our part.

In short, it is this assumption of yours that Milan are actually "waiting" on a done deal that makes you doubt what I said ... the deal however is, most probably, anything but done and has yet to be worked out, if ever.

drucurl
26-07-2007, 08:15
Bye Bye Drenthe :kap:

zlatanov
26-07-2007, 08:20
Bye Bye Drenthe :kap:
is that a done deal already?
I think Real are close but it's not over yet - Milan still has the chance to pry Drenthe out of their claws if we act fast ... given how inept our management is, however, I doubt it would happen :mad:
Damn, how I wish we had Calderon and Mijatovich at the helm :irritate:

:grinser:

Tony29.
26-07-2007, 08:27
Stampa portoghese, Milan all'assalto di Deco. Pronti 25 mln

11:27 del 26 luglio

Secondo quanto riferisce il giornale portoghese OJogo, il Milan starebbe facendo di tutto per assicurarsi il centrocampista del Barcellona Deco. Il giocatore sarebbe un pallino del tecnico Ancelotti che avrebbe già chiesto a Berlusconi e Galliani di provare ad intavolare una trattativa col club blaugrana. Per il giornale portoghese l'offerta al Barcellona potrebbe arrivare già in settimana e sarebbe di circa 25 milioni di euro, un terzo della clausola di rescissione di 75 mln prevista dal contratto del giocatore che scade nel 2010.

I don't know if this one is either Mr.X or Mr.Z :grinser:

According a Portugese journal, Milan are after the Barcellona's midfielder DECO, and will place an offer of 25 million euros.

sorry: source calciomercato.com
I believe Deco will really leave Barcelona. Zlat , in the above post, said how Barcelona and Milan wouldn't have risked an injury of Eto'o or Dinho if they were about to leave and wouldn't have let them play the friendlies.
That's the case with Deco. Actually, he did play few minutes in the opening friendly, as a reserve, but looks like today against Dundee he won't play at all and again he isn't among the starting XI Rijkaard announced.

Deco is also a superstar and he was always Rijkaard's favorite. I don't see why is Rijkaard keeping him out of the team if the reason isn't very simple : He's leaving the team !

In this article it is said that Deco is actuallyu Ancelotti's wish and it was Carlo who asked both Berlu and Galliani to get him the Portuguesse.

25m seems high and i have doubts that if Milan buy him they'll pay this much, but i still see it as a fair price. I can't believe some of you are underestimating him. You're talking about the leading midfielder of Porto and Barcelona, when these two teams won the CL. He's not very young and he'll be 30 in a month but he's still a hell of a player, among the best 3 in his position. If you payed +40m for a 29 years old Rui Costa then ~25m for Deco is fair, imo.

These news come from O Jogo. When we're talking about players from Portugal they are very reliable. If you remember the time when he was leaving Porto.... all the Mirrors, Sunday Times, Gazzetta's etc "sold" him to Chelsea. Only O Jogo were saying he'll go to Barcelona.
----

No need to hide my feelings .... i'd kill to have Deco in Juve and i'd hate it to see him in Milan. That's why i don't understand how come some of you are totally against Deco coming to Milan.

schenko
26-07-2007, 08:33
We Don't Need Deco, We Need Eto Or Sheva!!!

Kaka1899
26-07-2007, 08:44
We Don't Need Deco, We Need Eto Or Sheva!!!
thanks for that, care to explain why?

Tony29.
26-07-2007, 08:45
Some other news :

1. Swap Solari-Cassano may happen between Inter and Real (Marca)
Why would Inter need another attacker ?

2. Zlat this is for you : Martin Petrov signed for Manchester City :(
He's been my favorite since the time i watched him live in Sofia and then in Skopje.... why do my favorite players never finish in Juve ?

3. Rothen renewed his contract with PSG
Another favorite of mine. I was seeing him as Nedved's successor, but he got lost in France after the marvelous season with Monaco

4. Riquelme will probably play for Boca again, at least until the intercontinental cup finishes.

5. Reyes may sign with Lyon for 12m euro ( French papers)

6. AS is being an ass again...they say Milan may actually let Ronaldo go to USA and play there next year.

7. The deal with Simao is 99% done. He'll play for Atletico Madrid. His price is 25m euro.

Maltese Charlie
26-07-2007, 08:46
Thanks Tony, for informing me about the reliability of oJobo.
To tell you the truth I never heard this name before.

As a gift, if you like, we can exchange Ba with Buffon + 10 millions.
Don't take to long to decide, as this generous offer is only valid till midnight. :grinser:

Kaka1899
26-07-2007, 08:47
also if we sign Deco will we use one striker and two AM, Kaka and Deco with seedorf,Pirlo and Rino behind as protection?

Tony29.
26-07-2007, 08:56
As a gift, if you like, we can exchange Ba with Buffon + 10 millions.
Don't take to long to decide, as this generous offer is only valid till midnight. :grinser:
Lets make it Ba+Grimi+Kalac+2 million and you have a deal ! :grinser:

zlatanov
26-07-2007, 09:15
Some other news :

duhhh, since when does Inter need a good reason to add another player to the collection :diablo:

2. Zlat this is for you : Martin Petrov signed for Manchester City :(
He's been my favorite since the time i watched him live in Sofia and then in Skopje.... why do my favorite players never finish in Juve ?
rest assured, Tony, Petrov was never a player for a team like Milan, Juve etc ... he had the talent and the skill, probably, but not the character to make it into such teams. Man City is just the team he would be comfortable with - a midtable one

3. Rothen renewed his contract with PSG
Another favorite of mine. I was seeing him as Nedved's successor, but he got lost in France after the marvelous season with Monaco

I liked the player a lot but he made the unbelieveble mistake to tranfer to a struggling PSG side from a CL-final-playing Monaco team and all that at a tme when he was one of the hottest new faces on the european market :rolleyes:
but I believe that things happen for a reason and everyone gets what he's worth in the end, so ...

As for Deco, I can't say I am fond of him as a character but as a player I can't deny his worth and importance to this Barca side ... something that Rijkaard is obviously not valuing much and is ready to possibly destabilize the team by playing the 4 superstars together or letting Deco go and replace him with a useless beanbag like Lampard - how I would love to see Rijkaard's face when he realizes that Lamps is all about shooting, shooting, and shooting from long range and his play making "skills" are limited to getting the ball to his teammates only for them to pass it back so that he can ... shoot from 35 meters out :rolleyes:

Still, 25 mil for a 30 yo, player who his club sees as "surplus" are way too much and I wouldn't use Rui's transfer as a reference given that that one took place in a time when the transfer market was going crazy and money was the only way to convince the other team (La Viola) to sell ... here, in Deco's case, the player is more or less openly free to go, so that brings his price down a lot.

Also, if Milan are unwilling to break the bank for a 31 yo Sheva with all his ties to Milan and SIlvio, I don't see them doing it for a 30 yo Deco who might fit in Milan and Italy but might also fail to do so ... and that's the same player, who Barca bought as a 26 yo, fresh CL-winner for 20 mil. when he was the most wanted player in Europe ... now, he is a 30 yo player, who has left his best behind and is surplus to requirements, and I don't see how his price could be more than say 12-15 mil tops.

And I think Milan see in Deco a player who can take Pirlo's role and Seedorf's and kaka's role when needed - kind of what Rui Costa was after Kaka's arrival although he would be played more often, of course. All in all, I doubt Milan sees in a 30 yo Deco a player around whom they can or should build the team's future (which would have been the case with Ribery), so paying an amount as large as 25 mil for Deco is out of the question, IMO.

Stezagud
26-07-2007, 10:10
Furthermore, they don't have much advantage when it comes to taxes, as Italy's and England's tax rate is virtually the same.

Hasan im not sure if even this is true now. Im trying to find the article now but i read last week a break down of Cristiano Ronaldo's wages and how a loophole in British law on earnings abroad means he actually pays the basic rate of 10% tax instead of 40% :eek:

the gist of it was that pay is broken down into 3 areas, the first of which (domestic games) is fully taxed but he is only paid a nominal fee, the 2nd and 3rd areas cover games played abroad which as he is a foreign national are somehow exempt. The bulk of his wages are paid into these areas.

Ronaldo was used as an example but it was apparently common practise for all foreign players in England.

jtelly
26-07-2007, 10:10
We could get Roque Santa Cruz on the cheap, I think. Bayern want to offload him. He was voted 'sexiest man of 2006 world cup'! Definitely a possibility to replace Maldini?!
Robben would be a good addition for me, I've always thought that a winger would do well for us. He is questionable character, but having the dutch connection might help settle him. Then, we wouldn't have to watch Janku blazing down the left side and booting his crosses into the nets by the curva. And, I think Gila could really do well with some consistent service from the outside. But in reality, Robben is not going to come to Milan.
Where did anyone see that Drenthe went? Nothing on the Feyenoord website.
Someone mentioned Diego awhile back, I always have liked him and he showed alot of character by becoming what he is at Bremen-aka, the Kaka' of Bremen. But maybe I don't see him fitting in, and he'd certainly not relish the chance to ride pine behind Kaka'.
If Deco were cheaper, I'd say go for it. Then I can make my "Art Deco" jokes to my wife all Sunday and Wednesday. He seems to fill that deeper role well, if Kaka is playing as a forward it could be something like this:
Ronaldo-----Kaka'
Robben-----Deco-----Pirlo-----Gattusso
whoever else....
Dida

Milan have missed the boat this summer, but oh well. Ribery looked absolutely blinding in the games for the ligapokal already-his goal was tits and he was all over the midfield.
Does anyone know if they'll televise the tournament from Moscow?

Hasan Rossonero
26-07-2007, 10:17
Hasan im not sure if even this is true now. Im trying to find the article now but i read last week a break down of Cristiano Ronaldo's wages and how a loophole in British law on earnings abroad means he actually pays the basic rate of 10% tax instead of 40% :eek:

the gist of it was that pay is broken down into 3 areas, the first of which (domestic games) is fully taxed but he is only paid a nominal fee, the 2nd and 3rd areas cover games played abroad which as he is a foreign national are somehow exempt. The bulk of his wages are paid into these areas.

Ronaldo was used as an example but it was apparently common practise for all foreign players in England.

Hmm...not according to uefa.com, bbc, soccernet, and the guardian. Could be but I seriously doubt it, as English managers have also moaned about this in the past.

But who knows...

Tony29.
26-07-2007, 10:31
Losing a player like Ribery was a mistake. I am not talking about these 2 Liga Pokal matches. He was really brilliant on these matches but we shouldn't judge him on 180 minutes only. But the great season in Marselle prior the world cup, the starting place in vice-champion squad and great matches at the WC plus another great season in Marselle was enough to conclude that the 24 years old is an amazing player with great talent and future who is needed in every team in the world.

Carlo Ancelotti liked Ribery, he phone called him and asked him to join Milan. I really can't imagine why did Berlu interfere and vetoed the transfer ? According to Ribery , Berlu's veto was because Milan didn't need a midfielder but they needed a forward.....then why did Milan go after Tiago ?

Now you can forget about him. Just like buying from Milan (even more than in Milan) it's impossible to buy a player from Bayern unless they don't need him. Bayern never sells the star players !

jtelly
26-07-2007, 10:34
Tony, trust me I wasn't creaming over Ribery just from his Pokey matches...he had the chance to go large after the WC and didn't, stayed with Marseille. I think that shows a major amount of good character. We'll see him again, prolly in the 1/8 finals of CL in 2 years time, when we knock them out again!

zlatanov
26-07-2007, 10:54
Losing a player like Ribery was a mistake. I am not talking about these 2 Liga Pokal matches. He was really brilliant on these matches but we shouldn't judge him on 180 minutes only. But the great season in Marselle prior the world cup, the starting place in vice-champion squad and great matches at the WC plus another great season in Marselle was enough to conclude that the 24 years old is an amazing player with great talent and future who is needed in every team in the world.

Carlo Ancelotti liked Ribery, he phone called him and asked him to join Milan. I really can't imagine why did Berlu interfere and vetoed the transfer ? According to Ribery , Berlu's veto was because Milan didn't need a midfielder but they needed a forward.....then why did Milan go after Tiago ?

Now you can forget about him. Just like buying from Milan (even more than in Milan) it's impossible to buy a player from Bayern unless they don't need him. Bayern never sells the star players !
Tiago and Ribery are completely dif midfielders, Tony ... saying that if Milan doesn't go for one should mean not going for the other is like saying that if Milan doesn't need a Gattuso, then they shouldn't go for a Kaka.

I agree that Ribery was one of the best attacking mids out there although I do bleieve that 25 mil for him was a bit too much.
Still, I can't say that Milan missed on him simply because Milan, with kaka and Gourcuff already here, doesn't need a player like Ribery meaning Milan doesn't need an attacking mid as expensive, as high profile and as young as Ribery.

Ribery is the type of player Milan would have needed if they didn;t have Kaka as the Frenchman is a player who needs to be a starter in his team, he needs to be at the heart of the attack and if Milan switches back to playing with 2 tsrikers, which is obviously the case given out transfer targets, then one of Kaka and Ribery would have been surplus ... that would NOT have been the case if Milan's primary system was with two attacking mids like last year (Kaka and Seedorf) but last year was more of an exception, trying to fit the system to the players Carlo had available and wasn't an example of how Milan intends to play from now on.

So, all in all, Milan should be looking for an older player who wouldn't mind sitting on the bench now and then - like Deco/Rui/JP (Lyon)/Ze Roberto - but getting a 24 yo player who is brimming with energy and with his whole career before him, would have been a bit too much, not at 25 mil, not with a Gourcuff and a Kaka (only a year older than Ribery) already on the team.

Ribery was perfect for someone like Bayern - a team that was starting a new cycle and they needed a player like Ribery to build their midfield around him and basically make him the heart of their new team, not an occasional starter, which is what he would have been at Milan.

In Italy, a team I can say that missed on Ribery is namely Juve as they need someone to replace Nedved and Del Piero BIG TIME given their age, and the Frenchman would have been perfect for that ... a bit like a second coming of Zidane ... a much better alternative IMO than say van der Vaart, who Juve seem to be very keen on.

Graeme C
26-07-2007, 11:14
Some other news :

They want him so that we and fiorentina dont have him..

Tony29.
26-07-2007, 11:16
That's all good Zlat but there's one thing you're missing ..... if Carlo Ancelotti personally phone called him, then i won't say Milan didn't need him. All due respect to Berlusconi, but i think Ancelotti knows better what players Milan needs.
Ribery is perfectly capable to take over Seedorf's role. Midfield consisted of :

Kaka
Ribery-Pirlo-Gattuso

would have worked very good and would have allowed two strikers. Money weren't a problem in Milan's case so i wouldn't say Milan didn't buy him because he was expensive or because you didn't need him.

As for Juve missing on him....yes, he was needed in Juve and a player of his class is still needed, but you know :
Both me and my wife are drivers and we need to educate our kids when they grow up, just like we need food every day.
The choice was 50 000 euro Mercedes or 14 000 euro, 2 yers old Peugeot 407 + 3 000 euro, 8 years old Ford Escort + money aside for the kids + money for food and paying the bills.
I don't need to tell you we've chosen the 2nd option :)

* Of course, my arguments are groundless if Ribery is lying and Carlo never asked him to join Milan.

martin
26-07-2007, 11:25
They want him so that we and fiorentina dont have him..
they want him so that he can make relations even edgier in their training ground. inter is the last place where he should go. also, if we wanted him, we cud have had him. the players voted whether they wanted cassano on the team or not. the majority voted "NO", thus we stopped our pursuit of him. then we decided that we did not need emerson because of gorcouff, so we stopped relations with real madrid altogether.

zlatanov
26-07-2007, 11:31
That's all good Zlat but there's one thing you're missing ..... if Carlo Ancelotti personally phone called him, then i won't say Milan didn't need him. All due respect to Berlusconi, but i think Ancelotti knows better what players Milan needs.
Ribery is perfectly capable to take over Seedorf's role. Midfield consisted of :

Kaka
Ribery-Pirlo-Gattuso

would have worked very good and would have allowed two strikers. Money weren't a problem in Milan's case so i wouldn't say Milan didn't buy him because he was expensive or because you didn't need him.
I myself am not sure why carlo phoned him, provided that he did, ... maybe Carlo was a bit too "dreamy" from being a fresh CL winner and the enthusiasm was getting the better of him but I am sure that with time he himself realized that Ribery was more of a luxury for Milan and not a necessity.

Maybe Carlo wanted Ribery before he and Milan realized how much it would cost them to land Ribery - it's one thing to want Ribery at 10-15 mil, it's another to go for him at 25 mil, given the options in midfield Milan already has.
after all, he is the reason why Etoo is so heavily linked with Milan given that Silvio's dream is Dinho not Etoo ... so, maybe if Carlo really needs/wants a player, he would know how to push for him.

This however is more on the hypothetical side of things as we don't know what was said in that presumed phone call and what really made Milan change their minds, if they were reallys et on Ribery, ever.

One thing's for sure though - Ribery is an attacking mid, the Zidane, kaka, van der Vaart type, not a more difensive mid like Seedorf in the 2-striker system, so we can't say for sure if he would have fit into that role or not ... in fact, I can say that I am 100% sure that Ribery's best characteristics would have been wasted in such a defensive position.
Whether Carlo wanted him for the Seedorf role, we won;t know, but I guess we can agree that there would have been ? marks on whether it would have suited Ribery and Milan is not the team to spend 25 mil on ? marks nor did they have the absolute necessity to do it with Kaka dn Gorky and Seedorf around.

As for Juve missing on him....yes, he was needed in Juve and a player of his class is still needed, but you know :
Both me and my wife are drivers and we need to educate our kids when they grow up, just like we need food every day.
The choice was 50 000 euro Mercedes or 14 000 euro, 2 yers old Peugeot 407 + 3 000 euro, 8 years old Ford Escort + money aside for the kids + money for food and paying the bills.
I don't need to tell you we've chosen the 2nd option :)

* Of course, my arguments are groundless if Ribery is lying and Carlo never asked him to join Milan.
given the entities Juve is about to lose in probably a year from now, Tony, I am pretty sure they would need, and could have afforded also, option #1
I wouldn't see missing on Ribery as a money-issue as he would have been a long term, quality investment ... I think it was more of Juve having too many targets to choose from and not focusing on Ribery in particular so early in the transfer market - when Bayern was securing Ribery, Juve was changing coaches and the "program" was still being drawn up with the new man in charge - Ranieri.

I think that if Ribery was now available on the market, Juve would be going for him all steam ahead.

kris
26-07-2007, 11:50
In short, it is this assumption of yours that Milan are actually "waiting" on a done deal that makes you doubt what I said ... the deal however is, most probably, anything but done and has yet to be worked out, if ever.

It is not a assumption, it is a theory. As is things you said since neither of us have backed anything up with facts. anyway, apparently you didn't notice that we agree on that the registring of a new player can be delayed, we said the same thing in the last two posts. What I said I didn't believe in was that a squad is registred for Serie A in august, since nothing like that have ever been recorded on the official site or something like that. I claimed and still claim that only new players are registred with the federation and that is for all competitions.

Giorgos
26-07-2007, 11:52
Ribery keeps going into his motorbike....