PDA

View Full Version : Winter Mercato

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

Aficio
29-09-2007, 08:19
Dida out of Celtic clash
Saturday 29 September, 2007
Nelson Dida looks set to miss the Champions League trip to Celtic, so Milan are looking to bring back Christian Abbiati in January.

The Brazilian picked up a tendon problem earlier this week and pulled out of Wednesday’s 2-1 defeat at Palermo.

However, further tests have reportedly highlighted an inflammation in the left shoulder that will keep him sidelined for 10 days.

Dida underwent surgery on his right shoulder last season and there are fears this could be a similar problem.

Zeljko Kalac takes the gloves and he also played when Milan last visited Celtic in the Champions League, keeping a clean sheet in the second round, first leg 0-0 draw.

The Australian has not always been entirely reliable and there were some question marks over his performance in the midweek 2-1 loss at Palermo.

With this in mind, the ‘Corriere dello Sport’ suggests that the club is looking to bring Abbiati back to San Siro in January.

He was loaned out to Atletico Madrid in the summer, but has not been given much first team football in Spain.

---------

channel 4

My wish is coming true!!! :whie:

Yes, if that's true, it is a very good news. Why do we need 3rd Azzuri GK like Amelia when we have the good 2nd one and the 1st too hard to get.

Tony29.
29-09-2007, 08:22
It's all well and logical, except for the source.
Corriere dello sport always comes out with similar theories and they are never ( but really never) right.
I'd trust Gazzetta if they write the same thing because they know for the best what's going on in Milan.

Paolo3
29-09-2007, 14:32
Dida out of Celtic clash
Saturday 29 September, 2007
Nelson Dida looks set to miss the Champions League trip to Celtic, so Milan are looking to bring back Christian Abbiati in January.

The Brazilian picked up a tendon problem earlier this week and pulled out of Wednesday’s 2-1 defeat at Palermo.

However, further tests have reportedly highlighted an inflammation in the left shoulder that will keep him sidelined for 10 days.

Dida underwent surgery on his right shoulder last season and there are fears this could be a similar problem.

Zeljko Kalac takes the gloves and he also played when Milan last visited Celtic in the Champions League, keeping a clean sheet in the second round, first leg 0-0 draw.

The Australian has not always been entirely reliable and there were some question marks over his performance in the midweek 2-1 loss at Palermo.

With this in mind, the ‘Corriere dello Sport’ suggests that the club is looking to bring Abbiati back to San Siro in January.

He was loaned out to Atletico Madrid in the summer, but has not been given much first team football in Spain.

---------

channel 4

My wish is coming true!!! :whie:

I really hope they get him back…….I think the Milan management have never been completely fair with Abbiati as far as getting him a real chance to fight for the starter spot, it’s true that he made bad mistakes the very few copa Italia games he had the chance to start, but so was Dida the last couple of years and he seems to have his place secured no matter what, perhaps a little more competition will bring the best of Dida back, and if even that doesn’t wake him up then Carlo will have a very good option to replace him....besides Abbiati already shown in Turin what he’s capable of when given the chance.

Question, does anyone know if Abbiati came from Milan youth system?

remote2book
29-09-2007, 14:47
ok so chelsea lost again to fullham...and i really doubt that they will be challenging for anything this year..this is a good time to pounce on some of their players and i think drobga wud be a good option for us....he has a big and physical presence upfront which is something we lack.....and he isnt just a pure striker but he creates for others too.....the only problem is his ego....but if the coach can control him he is a very good striker...

Jeff
29-09-2007, 15:36
They drew, but didn't lose :)
J

ACMILAN1983
29-09-2007, 16:27
I really hope they get him back…….I think the Milan management have never been completely fair with Abbiati as far as getting him a real chance to fight for the starter spot, it’s true that he made bad mistakes the very few copa Italia games he had the chance to start, but so was Dida the last couple of years and he seems to have his place secured no matter what, perhaps a little more competition will bring the best of Dida back, and if even that doesn’t wake him up then Carlo will have a very good option to replace him....besides Abbiati already shown in Turin what he’s capable of when given the chance.

Question, does anyone know if Abbiati came from Milan youth system?

I think the Milan management was very fair with him. He was brought at a very young age (around 18/19 I think) and after a year he earned himself a first team spot during the 98/99 season where he performed miracles for us and really looked like Seba Rossi's long term replacement. However, after that first incredible season he was letting in a number of goals and though he never had the greatest defences in front of him, he never provided confidence. He was the first choice keeper until 2002/03 when Dida had returned to Milan and filled in while Abbiati was injured. Dida's performances were not only solid, but he was playing quite a lot better than Abbiati and thus took his place. Abbiati had 1/2 seasons as backup during the time Dida was first choice and he never looked comfortable in the side, whilst Dida was awesome until only last season.

One game that especially stands out for me with Abbiati was in 2003 against Inter in the second leg of the CL semis against Inter. He had to replace an injured Dida and was highly commended for a couple of important saves that night, which was deserved. However, few mention how shaky he looked for a lot of that match, especially at the end when he needed to hold the ball as much as possible he'd constantly punch crosses needlessly into areas where Inter could maintain their pressure. That match for me summarised him perfectly, as he's a brilliant shot stopper, one of the best around, but all other aspects of his game are questionable.

kastriot
29-09-2007, 21:35
I think the Milan management was very fair with him. He was brought at a very young age (around 18/19 I think) and after a year he earned himself a first team spot during the 98/99 season where he performed miracles for us and really looked like Seba Rossi's long term replacement. However, after that first incredible season he was letting in a number of goals and though he never had the greatest defences in front of him, he never provided confidence. He was the first choice keeper until 2002/03 when Dida had returned to Milan and filled in while Abbiati was injured. Dida's performances were not only solid, but he was playing quite a lot better than Abbiati and thus took his place. Abbiati had 1/2 seasons as backup during the time Dida was first choice and he never looked comfortable in the side, whilst Dida was awesome until only last season.

One game that especially stands out for me with Abbiati was in 2003 against Inter in the second leg of the CL semis against Inter. He had to replace an injured Dida and was highly commended for a couple of important saves that night, which was deserved. However, few mention how shaky he looked for a lot of that match, especially at the end when he needed to hold the ball as much as possible he'd constantly punch crosses needlessly into areas where Inter could maintain their pressure. That match for me summarised him perfectly, as he's a brilliant shot stopper, one of the best around, but all other aspects of his game are questionable.

In 2001-2002 Abbiati was one of the best players of the team together with Gattuso... I think Also here in MM he was voted best player of the season.

He was that good that year, that I was stunned and pissed off to see Dida paying in the CL qualification against Slovan Liberec next season . Dida than proved his worth,and even me that i`m not a professional could tell the difference btw those two.Dida is much better GK than Abbiatti could ever be.

Jeff
29-09-2007, 22:11
Dida` is better than Abbiati, there is no doubt about that, but Abbiati may also improve, so I Don't know. In any case, Dida` will also be my first-choice keeper. There is not a single question about it.

Nalx
29-09-2007, 22:42
I second that, watched them both and they are not similar in style, though they are both fighters...In terms of fighting spirit and aggressiveness, Gattuso is ahead of Banega, but Banega has relatively good ball control and passing

Okay.. okay.. looks like we have come to a decision here as you guys have watched Banega while I merely read what was said by Boca's president -- why should we trust politician's words anyway :grinser:

You guys say that he has Rino's fighting spirit and good technique as well. Wow, seems like he's almost perfect for a midfielder

Kaka--7thUCL
29-09-2007, 23:52
I dont much care for what milan does this year, as long as we see positive from pato, and improvement from Gila, 4th place, and possibly a cup or something, I'll be more than happy. This next summer mercato, and winter mercato, we'd better plan to buy buy buy.
I'm saying 2+ strikers, 2+ defs 1+ goalie and possibly another dm.

Kaka--7thUCL
30-09-2007, 11:05
1-1 vs catania..

Sleep
30-09-2007, 12:04
I don't hope much for this Winter. This is all I want in next summer:

Go! Go! Go (Retire or be sold): Inzaghi, Maldini, Favalli, Simic, Cafu, Dida, Kalac, Fiori, Serginho.

Take bench's position (or sell them): Jankulovski, Seedorf, Emerson, Brocchi.

Take my best wishes, improve and earn a starter's place: Bonera, Digao, Gourcuff, Gilardino, Grimi.

Come to Milan: Buffon, Amelia, Albiol, Cesc, Ramos, Rosina, Montolivo, Aguero.

Nalx
30-09-2007, 12:21
I don't hope much for this Winter. This is all I want in next summer:

Go! Go! Go (Retire or be sold): Inzaghi, Maldini, Favalli, Simic, Cafu, Dida, Kalac, Fiori, Serginho.

Take bench's position (or sell them): Jankulovski, Seedorf, Emerson, Brocchi.

Take my best wishes, improve and earn a starter's place: Bonera, Digao, Gourcuff, Gilardino, Grimi.

Come to Milan: Buffon, Amelia, Albiol, Cesc, Ramos, Rosina, Montolivo, Aguero.

Better start looking for the fat white-bearded guy in the north pole Sleep as this is way too much for Berlu to do :respect:

Graeme C
30-09-2007, 12:30
Better start looking for the fat white-bearded guy in the north pole Sleep as this is way too much for Berlu to do :respect:

lol yeah, but i agree Inzaghi, Favalli, Simic, Cafu, Dida, Kalac, Fiori, Serginho should all go. Maldini is going to retire at the end of this season.

I doubt they all will though, and Cafu will still be playing in 2 years time.

Nalx
30-09-2007, 13:02
I doubt they all will though, and Cafu will still be playing in 2 years time.

Yeah right, and so will Simic cs. We're one old happy family

Kaka--7thUCL
30-09-2007, 18:08
I'm sure the only reason we were held back so much in the summer mercato was because of Ronaldinho. I'm sure with the proper amount of cash, any player would've come if they felt that they were as much as a priority to berlu as ronaldinho.

peters
30-09-2007, 19:50
we all know players would come... toni, ribery for instance would surely come. The thing is - we didnt want them to come.
And yeah its the foolish ronaldinho and etoo dreams that kept all others at bay until there was only emerson left.

Kaka--7thUCL
30-09-2007, 21:50
nono, I know, it's just, for other bigger players like let's say quaresma and those players, if we prioritized someone like them, instead of that fat headed ronaldinho, they'd almost surely be ours.

Milany
01-10-2007, 00:38
its just that i dont think berlu trust those players..

rt9
01-10-2007, 02:47
Room can always be made for truly great players like Ronaldinho---if they are available, but what we need to focus on IMO are players who can suitably back up our starters:

1) If Dida continues to make blunders, then perhaps it's time we make a change. Why not get the highest rated up and coming GK at present and see what he can do?

2) We need solid left and right wingbacks to back up Marek and Oddo. With the amount of compeitions we are in, they are sure to get games and who knows in two are three years time, step up and replace our current starters. For me, Cafu and Serginho are past it, so is Favalli.

3) We need a Pirlo replacement. Nobody can truly replace him, but a solid central midfield player can and should do the job. I dont know, somebody like Cambiasso would certainly fit the bill (although Inter would never sell him).

4) And last but not least, let's get the world class striker we have been promised. And please, let's not have unrealistic expectations about Pato. The guy is only 18!!! The last thing he needs is to have to carry this team through the CL and serie A. We should let him mature slowly. I wont be surprised if he has a bit of a slow start, as the jump from Internacional to Milan is a HUGE one. As for Gila, I think it's now or never. If he doesnt deliver the goods, it does not mean that he is a bad player, it simply means that we may not be the right team for him. Sell him, take the loss, and buy another striker----we cannot expect to "wait" five seasons for him to deliver the goods.

Tony75
01-10-2007, 03:01
Not one of keepers should be in Milan, bas Dida as sub, but considering his wages he's got to go. Let's get Frey, Manniger, & promote a youngster.
Maldini will retire, ditto for Cafu. Favalli, Simic, Serginho should be sold.
Zapata, Canini, Marzoratti, & a few wide attackers should be bought.
Brocchi, Emerson & Ba should be sold, although who would buy Ba???
We need a serious wc wide player in here - Queresma, Ribery, Pace & width are needed. And a proper sub def mid, not a brazilian hack. And of course a Pirlo sub, some like Cignarini was mentioned.

Inzaghi is on his last legs & Gila should be sold.
Drogba seems a possibility, and maybe R10, but we'd still need another 1 like Di Natale if we have to rely on R99 with his injuries, and Pato is not guaranteed to perform.

At least 12 new players are needed, and it's all because Berlu & Gayliani are inept aholes, who can't manage, and haven't done a proper transfer campaign since 2002.

Arildonardo
01-10-2007, 03:36
At least 12 new players are needed, and it's all because Berlu & Gayliani are inept aholes, who can't manage, and haven't done a proper transfer campaign since 2002.
I agree that we need changes to our squad and maybe our coaching staff, but being that disrespectful towards Berlusconi and Galliani is not necessary. They are two of the main reasons why Milan are one of the biggest clubs in the world, there's no doubt about that.

There's a lot of potential in our squad, but these days we can't get it out...

Tony75
01-10-2007, 04:04
Respect is a double edged sword. You get what you give. The last few years they've lied about signing a big player and haven't. They've done bought mediocre old players who have taken the quality out of the squad, and also kept players who are past their prime. They can no longer talk about being competitive if they set these standards. Without Nesta, Pirlo, Rino, & Kaka we'd have nothing. R99 always injured, Pippo & Gila can't score without being setup from 5 yards.

They talk about Milan being a family, but we are a professional football club first. We have a philosophy on how to win, but it can't be met when you keep hold of players for stupid reasons, when the clear reason is money. They are clueless. If I was Carlo I'd make an ultimatum. Give me the players I want, or I go. No more Favalli's, Cafu, Dida, Kalac. He's a friggen miracle worker to achieve anything with these has beens & never will be's.

slicknick
01-10-2007, 04:14
Respect is a double edged sword. You get what you give. The last few years they've lied about signing a big player and haven't. They've done bought mediocre old players who have taken the quality out of the squad, and also kept players who are past their prime. They can no longer talk about being competitive if they set these standards. Without Nesta, Pirlo, Rino, & Kaka we'd have nothing. R99 always injured, Pippo & Gila can't score without being setup from 5 yards.

They talk about Milan being a family, but we are a professional football club first. We have a philosophy on how to win, but it can't be met when you keep hold of players for stupid reasons, when the clear reason is money. They are clueless. If I was Carlo I'd make an ultimatum. Give me the players I want, or I go. No more Favalli's, Cafu, Dida, Kalac. He's a friggen miracle worker to achieve anything with these has beens & never will be's.

That's quite a fair point, pal...Well said... Let's see the what the management is going to be up to from this point on

Tony29.
01-10-2007, 07:35
http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/oct1e.html

Lazio and Milan to swap stars?

Lazio and Milan are being linked with a sensational exchange deal involving unsettled strikers Tommaso Rocchi and Alberto Gilardino.

Rocchi’s stock has risen in recent years and after two consecutive 16-goal seasons, the Venetian hitman has become a crucial component in the Lazio side.

However, the 30-year-old’s future may lie away from the Eternal City as he is demanding an improved contract, which his club may not be able to grant him.

Gilardino’s situation is very different. The ex-Parma man is struggling at Milan and has been whsitled and jeered by some sections of the Rossoneri faithful, prompting suggestions he may quit the San Siro.

While a switch would allow Gila to relieve the pressure of playing for the European champions and give Rocchi the chance to prove himself on the biggest stage, there are stumbling blocks on both sides.

“I don’t know how this speculation came about because it is practically impossible for Gilardino to ever wear the Biancocelesti shirt,” Gilardino’s agent Giovanni Bia stressed.

“Lazio’s maximum wage bill wouldn’t allow it unless Milan paid 90 per cent of his salary and I don’t think that would happen.”

Lazio President Claudio Lotito has also poured cold water on the rumours by insisting that Rocchi will be staying in Rome.

“We are still in talks and we want to keep him because he embodies the spirit of the club,” he stated.

“It remains to be seen whether the extension talks will be successful, but whatever happens he is a Lazio player until 2009.”

Meanwhile, Rocchi faces a nervous wait to see whether he will be fit to play against Real Madrid on Tuesday after spraining an ankle against Reggina.

--------
Ain't gonna happen !

Arildonardo
01-10-2007, 08:21
Yeah, swapping Gila for Rocchi would help a lot... Noooot!

Milany
01-10-2007, 08:58
WHAT!! yeah bring another OLD player. and about the merkato, morinho in a can anyone??

Mehdi
01-10-2007, 09:25

Management gave Ancelotti Donati, Foggia, Donadel, Marzoratti and Gourcuff. Four of them have left while Gourcuff sits on the bench. Who is to blame for that? Ancelotti. It's Ancelotti who asked for Emerson while the board were chasing Banega.

Tony75
01-10-2007, 09:26
Mourinho isn't good enough for MIlan. Carlo isn't flexible for league, but at same stage he doesn't have the players. it's Berlu & Gayliani who've fcked us up more than anyone. We'll sign a big player, Mr X. blah crap, blah. we ended up with nothing, but a potential player in Pato. Digao won't play, Ba????, Emerson, utter toss. We've as much chance of winning league as Gayliani has of growing hair.

HO-YOUNG
01-10-2007, 09:52
Milan's principles and policies are too orthodox. We need to be more radical in our approach in the transfer market....We need to reduce the aversge age of the squad...We are most greatful for the contributions made by Cafu, Serginho, Gilardino, Brocchi, favalli, bonera and even Emerson. We need not sell them, we can give them away. I honestly dont see any trophies this season if they dont spend money on YOUNG, quality, Consistent players in this winter transfer window. all our oppositions have drastically improved their squad, what have we done, buy a Child who cant play till next year, buy R99 who is so fragile and waste money on this old clumsy PUMA. Its like milan is the clud players come to retire...this is not QATAR!!!
Suggest we try to acquire players like Daniel Carvalho of CSKA, Quaresma, Ribery, Palacio, Luisao of Benfica, Vincent Company and others who are hungry for trophies.
We act as if we are the poorest club and have no spending power!!!

Kaka1899
01-10-2007, 10:25
i think its a case of people dont take us seriously no more we make promises but never deliver.

Tony75
01-10-2007, 10:37
Management gave Ancelotti Donati, Foggia, Donadel, Marzoratti and Gourcuff. Four of them have left while Gourcuff sits on the bench. Who is to blame for that? Ancelotti. It's Ancelotti who asked for Emerson while the board were chasing Banega.
Donati & Donadel were part of Terim & Zaccheroni's teams not Ancelotti's. Foggia as a pure winger didn't fit his tactics. Admittedly could help us now, but he made a choice.
Gourcuff needs to prove himself in training, instead of moaning to his dad about not playing.
Marzoratti needs experience as he's got Simic, Bonera, Kala in front of him.

We couldn't sign Banega as he's non-Eu, so it would be a choice of Pato v Banega. I think we made the right choice.

Ancelotti named 3 players during the summer - Alex, Ribery & Toni. The last 2 were virtually signed before Berlu said no, as he wanted R10, which has come back to bite us big time.
Emerson was and is a mistake, no matter if Carlo wanted him or not.
Only signed as he was cheap, and they were desperate for something to appease us fans. Well they failed BIG TIME.

Graeme C
01-10-2007, 11:26
Donati & Donadel were part of Terim & Zaccheroni's teams not Ancelotti's. Foggia as a pure winger didn't fit his tactics. Admittedly could help us now, but he made a choice.
Gourcuff needs to prove himself in training, instead of moaning to his dad about not playing.

We couldn't sign Banega as he's non-Eu, so it would be a choice of Pato v Banega. I think we made the right choice.

Ancelotti named 3 players during the summer - Alex, Ribery & Toni. The last 2 were virtually signed before Berlu said no, as he wanted R10, which has come back to bite us big time.
Only signed as he was cheap, and they were desperate for something to appease us fans. Well they failed BIG TIME.

yeah i agree, Emerson is mistake. He wasnt good enough for real, let alone us.
is Emerson signed just for 1 season?

Maresca would have been such a better signing, and why do we need 4 dms?

Do Galliani and co really think us fans are that stupid that we can be bought off by a name? if thats the case i would have prefer Albertini to come out of retirement :grinser:

Paolo3
01-10-2007, 12:46
In 2001-2002 Abbiati was one of the best players of the team together with Gattuso... I think Also here in MM he was voted best player of the season.

He was that good that year, that I was stunned and pissed off to see Dida paying in the CL qualification against Slovan Liberec next season . Dida than proved his worth,and even me that i`m not a professional could tell the difference btw those two.Dida is much better GK than Abbiatti could ever be.

Dida has had only 2-3 great seasons in his career (all with Milan), before that he was just an OK keeper and he has been probably below average the last couple of seasons for Milan, while Dida at top form is certainly better than Abbiati at top form the truth is Dida has not been playing well for a while now and if he doesn't improve he deserves to be benched, but since we loaned out Abbiati and Storari we don't have a good replacement for him. In football like in every other job no one should live from past glories. If in my job I perform like Dida has been performing for Milan lately they won't be that patient with me (even having a good track record as I have) and I would be looking for another job and that's for sure.

Graeme C
01-10-2007, 12:55
Dida has had only 2-3 great seasons in his career (all with Milan), before that he was just an OK keeper and he has been probably below average the last couple of seasons for Milan, while Dida at top form is certainly better than Abbiati at top form the truth is Dida has not been playing well for a while now and if he doesn't improve he deserves to be benched, but since we loaned out Abbiati and Storari we don't have a good replacement for him. In football like in every other job no one should live from past glories. If in my job I perform like Dida has been performing for Milan lately they won't be that patient with me (even having a good track record as I have) and I would be looking for another job and that's for sure.

thats a point ive always made so far. If i had lied to my employees, or made i promise i couldnt deliver i could get fired, worst case get sued. Dida is paid tons for what he does, when really it should be by how he performs.

Paolo3
01-10-2007, 13:55
thats a point ive always made so far. If i had lied to my employees, or made i promise i couldnt deliver i could get fired, worst case get sued. Dida is paid tons for what he does, when really it should be by how he performs.

I couldn't agree more with that.

Kaka--7thUCL
01-10-2007, 21:02
I've lost trust im milan management tbh.. I don't know why I think this, but imo, if Milan is "friends" with one of there players, they'll be starting, even if they preform like brocchi (prime example).

I'm just glad kaka is the GOD he is.

http://www.goal.com/en/articolo.aspx?contenutoid=431992

And if milan management showed an inch of the respect kaka' has been showing, they'd have made something of our summer mercato.

Mehdi
01-10-2007, 21:33
Donati & Donadel were part of Terim & Zaccheroni's teams not Ancelotti's.

And? They're both good players, much better than Brocchi for example.

Foggia as a pure winger didn't fit his tactics.

Complete and utter rubbish. He was NEVER given a chance.

Admittedly could help us now, but he made a choice. Gourcuff needs to prove himself in training, instead of moaning to his dad about not playing.

In the brief chances he's been given in the first team he's performed far better than Brocchi or Serginho have recently.

Don't use that crap excuse. How did Maldini get experience when he was 17? How did Kaka' get experience when he first arrived? By playing. Simic, Cafu and Favalli will not improve, they peaked years ago. We know what we will get from them. Marzoratti will learn more playing in the Milan first team than he will at Empoli and he's quicker than Simic, Cafu and Favalli. With players like Marzoratti there is an upside, they can only get better, not worse like the old men.

Management were convinced Ronaldinho or Eto'o would sign. stuff happens.

Only signed as he was cheap, and they were desperate for something to appease us fans. Well they failed BIG TIME

Yes they did but so too has Ancelotti. He makes very poor use of the squad at his disposal and maybe management would sign more young players if Ancelotti actually played the ones he has more regularly.

Kaka--7thUCL
01-10-2007, 23:32
I don't think Emerson was a mistake.. I'd rather have him, then no him :)

Mr. Anonymous
02-10-2007, 09:55
I'm new in the forum...but have been reading the opinions in the forum for months and gotta put in my 2 cents!

Jim_UK
02-10-2007, 10:57
Simic is once again moaning and threatening to leave. I wish he would just finally leave, all he does is whine.

Kompany would be an ideal replacement :D

Elsewhere there is news of Aguerro being hunted by Inter & Juve, but they might be scared off by his £15 million price tag :delol:

Hmmm ... Aguerro, Kaka & Pato up front? :D

ThrusT
02-10-2007, 11:05
Complete and utter rubbish. He was NEVER given a chance.
He was forced out of Milan because the management wanted Oddo, and Lazio wanted Foggia in return. Can't really blame Ancelotti for Foggia not being part of Milan anymore. We all knew he was gold, even Carlo.

In the brief chances he's been given in the first team he's performed far better than Brocchi or Serginho have recently.
Brocchi is DM, Serginho(who hasn't played for almost a year) SB and Gorky is an AM. Hard to compare them eh?
Instead of criticising, try to look at it from Ancelotti's point of view.
He knows Gourcuff is good, but what can he do apart from giving him some sub minutes? Bench Seedorf or Kaka?
Don't think so, if he does that and we lose, everyone will blame him for benching one of these.

Management were convinced Ronaldinho or Eto'o would sign. stuff happens.
Stuff happens? For a top side like Milan to make such a flop transfercampagne? I don't think that Ronaldinho nor Eto'o even considered signing for us at the end of last season.

Yes they did but so too has Ancelotti. He makes very poor use of the squad at his disposal and maybe management would sign more young players if Ancelotti actually played the ones he has more regularly.
If there is one thing Ancelotti should be praised about its his use of our squad.On paper we are quite limited and yet the man succeeds in winning the CL. I think it is Galliani and Berlu who wanted to bring back old glories such as Rivaldo.
It's Ancelotti who asked for Pato and Gourcuff.
Apart from them, who is there to give a chance in our squad?
Aubameyang? :rolleyes: Darmian(sucks)?Digao(even worse)?

Mr. Anonymous
02-10-2007, 11:17
He knows Gourcuff is good, but what can he do apart from giving him some sub minutes? Bench Seedorf or Kaka?
Don't think so, if he does that and we lose, everyone will blame him for benching one of these.

How about trying to change the formation to include Gourcuff, Seedorf & KAKA. Why is Emerson starting or being brought in to games ahead of Gourcuff?

Consistant minutes are needed to prove if you are of worth or garbage. Gourcuff nor the others you mentioned have gotten that so I don't know how you can say the others suck.

Furthermore some players suck in practice but are brilliant in real game situations...just like some player I'm sure are amazing in practice but can't hit the target in game situations when given consistant opportunities.

I guess IMO Ancelotti has to shake things up a bit, take a risk, put in a young gun, see what he can do...guaranteed it's not gonna be any worse than what we're doing now.

Tony29.
02-10-2007, 11:32
I think there is a reason why Carlo isn't playing Gourcuff but it's a well kept secret.
You have problems scoring, sometimes even creating, you have less midfielders than any other team in Italy and still Gourcuff didn't get a single minute.
Something's happening, imo.

hany.Egypt
02-10-2007, 11:35
How about trying to change the formation to include Gourcuff, Seedorf & KAKA. Why is Emerson starting or being brought in to games ahead of Gourcuff?

Consistant minutes are needed to prove if you are of worth or garbage. Gourcuff nor the others you mentioned have gotten that so I don't know how you can say the others suck.

Furthermore some players suck in practice but are brilliant in real game situations...just like some player I'm sure are amazing in practice but can't hit the target in game situations when given consistant opportunities.

I guess IMO Ancelotti has to shake things up a bit, take a risk, put in a young gun, see what he can do...guaranteed it's not gonna be any worse than what we're doing now.
fully agree, why dont we play them all, less than 2 years ago we used to play with Kaka, Seedorf and 2 strickers as Seedorf was a LM so we can do the same right now he or Gourcof can play as a LM or RM while the other 2 plays as AM instead off playing with 3 DM, 2 AM and one stricker.

Mr. Anonymous
02-10-2007, 11:37
I think there is a reason why Carlo isn't playing Gourcuff but it's a well kept secret.
You have problems scoring, sometimes even creating, you have less midfielders than any other team in Italy and still Gourcuff didn't get a single minute.
Something's happening, imo.

Well whatever it is I think it maybe blocking good decision making on the part of Ancelotti.
As a result its hurting the players development & the team. Either let him go or play him.

Actually I have a take on all this I will lay out for you just now.

Warro Bantan
02-10-2007, 13:15
Something's happening, imo. What exactly is happening Tony? Is he injured? Did he have a fight with a team-mate? What?

It cant be that he is to be sold...if that were the case, he would be in the "shop-window" instead of taking pine splinters from his backside when he is lucky enought to make the bench.

Having him, and not playing him, is a terrible thing for Carlo to do...

ACMILAN1983
02-10-2007, 13:21
He was forced out of Milan because the management wanted Oddo, and Lazio wanted Foggia in return. Can't really blame Ancelotti for Foggia not being part of Milan anymore. We all knew he was gold, even Carlo.

Brocchi is DM, Serginho(who hasn't played for almost a year) SB and Gorky is an AM. Hard to compare them eh?

Stuff happens? For a top side like Milan to make such a flop transfercampagne? I don't think that Ronaldinho nor Eto'o even considered signing for us at the end of last season.

If there is one thing Ancelotti should be praised about its his use of our squad.On paper we are quite limited and yet the man succeeds in winning the CL. I think it is Galliani and Berlu who wanted to bring back old glories such as Rivaldo.
It's Ancelotti who asked for Pato and Gourcuff.
Apart from them, who is there to give a chance in our squad?
Aubameyang? :rolleyes: Darmian(sucks)?Digao(even worse)?

Though I don't really disagree with the general thoughts of your post I don't see how you can say Darmian sucks. The kid's only 17 and has done reasonably well when played.

Tony29.
02-10-2007, 13:40
Having him, and not playing him, is a terrible thing for Carlo to do...
Indeed.
And why isn't he playing him ? There isn't a single logical explaination.
That's why my theory that something did happen inside the club that none of us is aware.
Jeff once mentioned ( and i agree with him) that people here overrate Gourcuff. You can say anything you want but he didn't prove to be a wunderkind.
Still, he did play solid matches, he does play good for his u-21 team ( and it's not Moldova's u-21 but it's a full with talent French u-21) and these facts are enough to give him at least 15-20 minutes in every second match, especially in matches where you need to score.
With Gourcuff on the bench and with a negative result 20 minutes till the end we've seen Carlo putting Cafu to replace Oddo, Favalli or Emerson or Brocchi to replace someone else. The only midfielder who never got a chance is Gourcuff.

Carlo Ancelotti is one of the best coaches in the world, no matter what some Milan fans say. The man doesn't need to give us more proofs for this. Carlo Ancelotti is not a Capello or Mourinho like coach to get into fights with his players and to punish them by not letting them play.
Then why is he so consistent in not giving Gourcuff at least 5 minutes per match ?
Probably because he's been told so, imo.
What's the background, i have no idea. Did Gorky blackmail the board that he'll leave if he's not guaranteed more playing time, did his agent blackmail the board, did he insult Berlu, did he insult Galliani etc etc etc ?

I may be pushing it, but i can't find a logical explaination so i must speculate :)

Warro Bantan
02-10-2007, 13:48
Indeed Tony...it seems that there must be something going on behind the scenes...

Mehdi
02-10-2007, 14:43
Indeed Tony...it seems that there must be something going on behind the scenes...

I don't think anything has happened behind the scenes. They extended his contract in the summer. If they didn't have faith in him they would have sent him on loan. Ancelotti isn't a coach for taking risks. Maybe it's that simple.

Jeff
02-10-2007, 15:01
I can think of why Cafu replaces Oddo or other substitution: the on-field players are just tired, and you need someone to replace them. If you have a much younger player to replace Oddo then no one is going to complain about the substitution. It's just that a 3x-year-old dude Cafu substituting Oddo drives people crazy. Having Cafu to play the last 15 or 20 minutes, however, have probably nothing to do with his age, since it's only 15-20 minutes and putting Cafu in the RB position is never that bad.

Regarding Gourcuff: I honestly don't know, but if he is really really good he would have started long time ago, honestly. Age is not an issue: When Kaka` came he sqeezed Rui Costa out immediately, not becuase Kaka` is younger, but Kaka` has speed and is much faster than Rui Costa, and this suited Milan well, until now. Pato is going to earn a spot, too, if he is strong and technical, and will easily squeeze Gilardino out of the starting line-up IF Pato is THAT good (which I'm not doubting).

Which brings me back to Gourcuff: I think Milan is indeed very merit-based: If you are no good, you won't play. If you are good, then regardless of your age, you'll play. Good not just technically, but also fits in with Milan tactics as well, coupled with the player's personality et al (i.e., Cassano will never come to Milan).

So, there are a few possibilities:

1) Gourcuff is just over-rated.
2) Gourcuff doesn't fit in well with the rest of the group (language problem)? Notice, though, that Ba, who is a French, is brought to the squad! Is Ba going to play for Milan? Hell no, but I suspect that Ba might be the one who is supposed to help Gourcuff to settle down. Just a thought...
3) Gourcuff makes the management board mad, somehow. Unlikely, because otherwise he would have been sold immediately like the case of Shevchenko. Gourcuff also doesn't look like a kid who doesn't appreciate things like the one at Chelsea.

So, having said, I can only conclude that Gourcuff is either over-rated, or he simply doesn't suit well with Milan's system, despite his massive talent. - J

burns
02-10-2007, 16:13
Elsewhere there is news of Aguerro being hunted by Inter & Juve, but they might be scared off by his £15 million price tag :delol:

Hmmm ... Aguerro, Kaka & Pato up front? :D
the thought of agüero, pato & kaká makes me drool. :zany:

but, i got a hard time believin atlético would sell him to anyone for only a €1.5 mil increase of what they paid for him last year, he's currently the leadin scorer in la liga.

Mehdi
02-10-2007, 16:44
the thought of agüero, pato & kaká makes me drool. :zany:

but, i got a hard time believin atlético would sell him to anyone for only a €1.5 mil increase of what they paid for him last year, he's currently the leadin scorer in la liga.

Milan don't sign midgets in attack.

Nordahl
02-10-2007, 16:49

Why not? Agüero is fast, inteligent and skilled, why not sign him, or at least a player like him, which can bring so much needed freshness to our attack?

Mystik
02-10-2007, 16:53
We can't determine if he's no good if he never plays now can we Jeff. He only really played against Siena where he was average indeed but was on par or better than the rest of the team which was either poor or average that day. This Gourcuff thing is a real mystery. We'll see if he gets any minutes tomorrow.

Nalx
02-10-2007, 17:02

It's not about size otherwise we would have signed Lokvenc or Koller. This kid has quality that neither Gila nor Pippo has i.e. he can dribble. The problem is about his price tag, but if we are to spend lots of cash I think he deserves it

Warro Bantan
02-10-2007, 17:39
Are we forgetting that we have Pato who can do what Aguero does? Or is it that we think he cant? How many of us have seen him play?

I have been begging for a player to come into the team that can dribble...and I think Pato is that "missing link"....so, I will wait for him to prove me incorrect, before wishing for any other players to join...

Warro Bantan
02-10-2007, 17:42
on the Gorky issue...isnt he supposed to be an AM? If so, I think Carlo is playing him out of position...but what do I kno? :dontkn:

drucurl
02-10-2007, 18:42
Are we forgetting that we have Pato who can do what Aguero does? Or is it that we think he cant? How many of us have seen him play?
Right on 'mon :respect:
But Pato and Aguero does make me drool :5ok: Pato, to me seems to be the next Sheva/Henry -i.e. his attacks begin on the flanks while aguero seems to be content (as with many other Argentines of his ilk) to work his way through the centre

I have been begging for a player to come into the team that can dribble...and I think Pato is that "missing link"....so, I will wait for him to prove me incorrect, before wishing for any other players to join...

We already have the missing link in Gila :haha:

Tony29.
02-10-2007, 18:56
We already have the missing link in Gila :haha:
I always tought Oliver Kahn was the missing link :rolleyes:

Mehdi
02-10-2007, 22:08
Why not? Agüero is fast, inteligent and skilled, why not sign him, or at least a player like him, which can bring so much needed freshness to our attack?

We have. He's called Pato.

Mehdi
02-10-2007, 22:16
It's not about size otherwise we would have signed Lokvenc or Koller. This kid has quality that neither Gila nor Pippo has i.e. he can dribble. The problem is about his price tag, but if we are to spend lots of cash I think he deserves it

So he can dribble? Big deal. We never sign short attackers and Argentina have an ABYSMAL record for producing quality strikers in recent years in fact over the past 2 decades the only great ones are Crespo, Batistuta and Cruz. And what do they all have in common? They're not midgets, they're all over 6ft. Everyone talks about how great Argentina's attack is with Messi and Tevez but look at the Copa America and look how their attack completely fell apart once Crespo was injured. Look at the players who have topped the scoring charts over the years in Serie A - Totti, Lucarelli, Toni, Trezeguet, Gilardino, Shevchenko, Vieri etc, etc. The last midget who had a phenomenal scoring rate in Serie A was Signori. To succeed in Serie A strikers need to have a physical presence, Aguero doesn’t.

hitmannq8
03-10-2007, 00:23
Maybe we dont need them to lead the scoring charts, maybe we just need someone to get the team going and move well. Aguero could be used as a midfielder you know. As much as I'd like him here, unfortunatley it makes no sense for him to come, there is no space for him in this team.

If Milan were to go for a young talent like Pato, it would be someone in the Pirlo position, or any of the back 4 (or GK as well).

Nalx
03-10-2007, 01:44
So he can dribble? Big deal. We never sign short attackers and Argentina have an ABYSMAL record for producing quality strikers in recent years in fact over the past 2 decades the only great ones are Crespo, Batistuta and Cruz. And what do they all have in common? They're not midgets, they're all over 6ft. Everyone talks about how great Argentina's attack is with Messi and Tevez but look at the Copa America and look how their attack completely fell apart once Crespo was injured. Look at the players who have topped the scoring charts over the years in Serie A - Totti, Lucarelli, Toni, Trezeguet, Gilardino, Shevchenko, Vieri etc, etc. The last midget who had a phenomenal scoring rate in Serie A was Signori. To succeed in Serie A strikers need to have a physical presence, Aguero doesn’t.

I'm afraid you missed my point my friend. I'm talking about a player whose quality appears to be what we're lacking of lately. It's a fact that most succesful strikers you mentioned above have physical presence, but that doesn't mean the shorter ones won't be useful at all. It's like saying all midfielders must have skills like Seedorf, and players like Gattuso are rubbish. We need them both as they complement one to another.

Players like Trezeguet, and Gila are center forwards who can only score if somebody serve them with good passes. That somebody can be any midfielder or more ideally his tandem up front. In Juve the role was succesfully played by Del Piero. And you can see how Gila struggle without having a player like Sheva beside him.

And by the way, Crespo only played in two group matches before he was injured. Then his place was taken by Diego Milito, who was accompanied by Tevez or Messi. In the final Crespo was able to play, but Argentina was beaten by Brasil where Dunga often fielded Wagner Love and Robinho up front. The top scorer of the tournament is Robinho. Quite a midget huh?

They might be smaller in size, but that doesn't necessarily mean they weak nor feeble. All in all, my friend, it's the quality that counts. Aguero can be useful, but for this moment we must be satisfied with the players we have.

Debs
03-10-2007, 09:48
Let me play devil's advocate. What about Del Piero? His contract talks with Juve have hit a brick wall, according to Football Italia. Reunite him with Pippo??

Tony75
03-10-2007, 10:10
Let me play devil's advocate. What about Del Piero? His contract talks with Juve have hit a brick wall, according to Football Italia. Reunite him with Pippo??
First Emerson. Now Del Piero. Who next Nedved? Where's my gun??

hitmannq8
03-10-2007, 10:16
I cant believe Debs even suggested that. Pippo, Del Piero, Gila all on the same team? OMG. We just need to bring back Vieri and we're set for the next 5 years.

drucurl
03-10-2007, 11:21
I understand Debs point. Milan is mot much of a nurturing ground for up-and-comming stars. ADP will serve as useful backup to Kaka or Ronaldo in the event of an injury. He won't cost that much and he has the necessary experience to fit into a big team right away. He isn't a trouble maker and won't go to the press every 30s with "I want to play more" rants. However I'd never buy him because:

1) I want Aguero who can do the same AND is fast as hell

2)ADP and Pippo Hate eachother :eek:

3)ADP is a symbol of Juve and is far too classy imho to join such a hated rival....he'd retire first rather than join us.

4)drucurl would have to stop making his "I support Juve because my pusher would kick my a$$" jokes :(

5)Milan fans would get pissed off to see YET another past-it-oldie

Jim_UK
03-10-2007, 12:31
Debs' idea was one i have been thinking of for a day or two now. Del Piero can still create opportunities even though he is slower than a sloth running through treacle. Ok, maybe that's a slight exaggeration, but he's not that fast anymore.

Dru raises 2 good points (numbers 2 & 3), so i can't see it happening and also given his threats about wanting to play more for Juve, he might have a hard time accepting less of a starring role. But he's one of the few older players i would welcome here. The point about him rather retiring than playing for us is a bit short of the mark though, i think he'd grab the chance to play for a CL team again. Who'd have thought Baggio would leave Juve and then go on to play for Inter & Milan?

To make it more intriguing, what if Juve gave us cash & Del Piero for Gilardino? Kaka behind Del Piero and Ronaldo? With Pato & Inzaghi as well, it could be interesting.

My personal preference would be if we could somehow swap Gilardino for Mutu. I don't particularly like the guy but he's a threat and that's the kind of player we need.

ForeverMilan
03-10-2007, 13:49
What our lacks

-2 Wing back who can attack and defend well at the same time,Modesto and Lahm would fill the bill.
-Kim Kalstroem,we need a player like him who can play 2 sides of the game,who have continuity.
-Nicolas Anelka,gila needs psikology treatment,give 3 monhs rest to gila for his medical treatment to regain his self confidence.
-a gk like hildebrand who can also accept the bench and howeve fight for the first spot.

Get rid of players like Cafu,Favalli,Brocchi,Gilardino,Kalac

==========Dida======================
Oddo==Nesta========Kaladze====Lahm====
========Gattuso==Pirlo===Kalstroem======
============Seedorf=====Kaka=========
=========Ronaldo====================

Team 2

===========isakson/Roma===============
=Modesto===Bonera======Maldini===Marek==
=========Emerson===Gourcuff===Ambrossini=
=============Di Gennaro==============
========Anelka========Pato============

you cant win the scudetto with no deep,you cant win the scudetto with Cafu's,Favalli's,Kalac's,Milan bench deserves better players,look at valencia bench,Sevilla bench,our bench is inferior to theirs,they are even not top class europe sides.

NAMMY
03-10-2007, 14:14
Simic wants out of Milan (http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11863_2773810,00.html)

Dario Simic has outlined his intention to leave Milan during the January transfer window.

The Croatian defender has yet to make an appearance for the European champions this season and is 'shocked' by his situation.

Simic had been a regular in Carlo Ancelotti's plans last term and is baffled by his exclusion from the team.

The 31-year-old, who joined Milan from city rivals Internazionale in 2002, is now planning to find a new club.

Nothing to prove

"I am shocked by my current situation," admitted Simic to reporters.

"Last season I played 35 games and this campaign I haven't made one appearance.

"I don't think I have anything to prove. I have made 100 appearances for my national team.

"The fact that I'm not playing is not good for me and I've decided to leave Milan in January."

Cya ...

Tony29.
03-10-2007, 14:20
Hmmm, i can't believe you even thought that DP could go to Milan.
It's just as possible as Maldini going to Juve.

First of all, as Jim rightly noticed, he'll be nothing more but a bench player, which is something he moaned about all the time in Capello's time ( You're wrong here Dru for saying he's not gonna go to the press moaning about not getting enough playing time. DP did it many times in his career, first in Capello era and then he did it again with Donadoni not playing him as a second striker. Jim's also wrong. Since 2005/06, Del Piero didn't make any threats wanting more playing time. The latest problem is about his wage, nothing to do with playing time because he's getting a lot of it.)

@ Jim : If he wanted CL football he would have left Juve at the very beggining. He was the first one who decided to stay with Juve in serie B and he rejected ManUtd's offer. He was the main reason for some other stars staying in Juve and he was the one who did the lobying and "forced" guys like Buffon, Nedved, Trez and Camoranesi to stay.
He accepted 2 pay-cuts in the last 1 year and now the problem is a minor one blown out of proportion by the media. The board offers him 30% pay-cut while he's willing to accept a pay-cut but not 30% one. They'll agree at certain point, just like they did in the previous 2 times when he had to take a pay-cut.

The man loves Juve way too much. The fans love him even more. There is not a single chance Juve to sell this man, especially not in Milan and there is 0,0000% chances Juve to pay money +DP for Gilardino.

This is one of those rumours (actually, it's not even a rumour, even the papers are aware how unbelievable such transfer is) that will never happen.
And also..... Milan doesn't need DP so i doubt anyone from the team will even try to get him.
The thing with Baggio was very different. Baggio never really loved Juve. He was tricked by his agent and he was kinda forced to leave Fiorentina and go to Juve. He was a professional and played very well for Juve, but it was obvious he was going to leave the second Juve decides to sell him. Baggio was in Juve for "only" 5 years and he left at 28. Del Piero is in Juve 15 years already. He is clubs best ever goalscorer who was a Juventino since the day he was born. He rejected every single offer in his career just so he could stay with Juve. He's Juve's Maldini.

So : You don't need him, Juve will never sell him to Milan, Del Piero will never accept to play for Milan and he'll never leave Juve....... i guess we're done with this :)

Mr. Anonymous
03-10-2007, 14:35
1) I want Aguero who can do the same AND is fast as hell

I saw Aguerro at the FIFA Under 20 here in Toronto this past summer. This guy is a PHENOM...he out shone Dos Santos (IMO) who I also got to see play and is great in his own right. IMO he was even better than PATO in this tournament. (although I didn't get to see Pato play live as they didn't make it to Toronto)

Aguero was/is super fast, with great touches on the ball, he was dribbling past defenders like a hot knife through butter. He was dangerous just about everytime he touched the ball. We all held our breaths when got the ball with even a little space. As you all probably know he ended up the leading scorer & was awarded the Golden Ball & the Golden Boot.

I couldn't imagine him and Pato on the same team with KAKA serving them the ball. If we have any chance of getting him...We should!

Having said all that I know that his competition was all under 20...but he seems to be KILLING it this year with Athetico Madrid.

Nalx
03-10-2007, 20:20
To make it more intriguing, what if Juve gave us cash & Del Piero for Gilardino?

Only Inter would be stupid enough to do that :devf:
God how I miss the Pirlo+Seedorf - Coco+Guly swap :grinser:

jtelly
03-10-2007, 22:41
We need a withdrawn forward who can hold the ball, allowing a target man to get free and opening up our midfield. Right now we're constipated when we get around the 18 box, it's just a logjam. Nobody respects our forward (singular) and it's easy to bottle up Kaka' and Seedorf, and then nothing gets done. Sheva played that role perfectly, drawing defences out and allowing overlaps and boxplay to develop.
I kind of hope we tank the rest of the year and can be forced to rebuild. This movie's been played, good night and good luck, let's start the fun again in 2008!

Jim_UK
04-10-2007, 04:31
@ Jim : If he wanted CL football he would have left Juve at the very beggining. He was the first one who decided to stay with Juve in serie B and he rejected ManUtd's offer.

All of this was when he was happy at Juventus. If he doesn't get the offer he wants and relations take a turn for the worst, he's hardly going to stay at a club where he feels he's not appreciated despite how many years he's been there. I know the chances of him leaving are miniscule, but you can never say never.

MiamiMilanista
04-10-2007, 12:42
Kakà, messaggi al Real
"Mi piacerebbe giocarci"

Il fuoriclasse rossonero lo ha detto in una chat di El Pais: "Il Milan è una grande squadra, però un giorno vorrei giocare in un grande club spagnolo come il Madrid o il Barcellona"

Kakà, 25 anni, è il sogno del Real Madrid. Afp
MILANO, 4 ottobre 2007 - "Il Milan è una grande squadra, però un giorno mi piacerebbe giocare in un grande club spagnolo, come il Real Madrid o il Barcellona". Kakà non ha nessun problema ad ammetterlo in una chat organizzata da El Pais.com rispondendo alle domande dei suoi tifosi.

Basically, what I take of this, is that he is fed up with Milan at this point and guess what, he has 100% every right to be. He is the absolute symbol of our team but guess what, Milan is WAY TOO OLD to be compete this year. All the players on the team looked gassed yesterday because we have absolutely no depth and no youth...

Another report came out today that Berlusconi rejected Buffon's move to Milan this summer...Things just keep getting worse and worse

We are going to lose Kaka one day.... Milan is one of the richest clubs in Europe and grossed a ton of money for the CL last year.... The front office is blowing it big time.

Milan needs to do the following in my opinion: Offload 6 of their old washed up stars including the merda we picked up in Emerson and buy 6 replacements in their mid 20's who can compete immediately....

I'm fed up with how the team is playing and are mentality going into the season.... We are on the way to repeating Bayern Munich's season last year (Cupless and playing in the UEFA Cup next year)

Let me know what you guys think...

HO-YOUNG
04-10-2007, 13:07
We are going to lose Kaka one day.... Milan is one of the richest clubs in Europe and grossed a ton of money for the CL last year.... The front office is blowing it big time.

Milan needs to do the following in my opinion: Offload 6 of their old washed up stars including the merda we picked up in Emerson and buy 6 replacements in their mid 20's who can compete immediately....

I'm fed up with how the team is playing and are mentality going into the season.... We are on the way to repeating Bayern Munich's season last year (Cupless and playing in the UEFA Cup next year)

Let me know what you guys think...

Strongly agree...I always say give them away for free...no one wants them to buy...send them to Qatar or Indonesia

Jeff
04-10-2007, 14:03
Actually, there is another report today saying that Berlusconi can't stand Dida and Gilardino anymore and he is going to sell Milan and all the players in order to cash in and retire somewhere in Japan.

How does this sound?

If this sound bad, then all the news on Milan, Buffon, Dida, Kaka are equally crap, as crap as some posts here.

MiamiMilanista
04-10-2007, 15:43
Actually, there is another report today saying that Berlusconi can't stand Dida and Gilardino anymore and he is going to sell Milan and all the players in order to cash in and retire somewhere in Japan.

How does this sound?

If this sound bad, then all the news on Milan, Buffon, Dida, Kaka are equally crap, as crap as some posts here.

i'm glad you are enjoying our spectacular run of form...

slicknick
04-10-2007, 16:02

Is that for real or am I going to be nominated for the "Most Naive Sucker of the Year" award?

Jeff
04-10-2007, 16:12
Is that for real or am I going to be nominated for the "Most Naive Sucker of the Year" award?

It's obviously not for real; I'm just trying to show how unreal things can be when things go bad.

This is media; Media doesn't report TRUE story; they want coverage, sale, sale, sale.

Consider which will attract more attention:

1) When Milan is winning like crazy and there are reports that Kaka` will leave, OR

2) When Milan is losing (like now) and there are reports that Kaka` will leave.

Which one will media like (remember, not which one is true)? Of course the second one.

That's why when they say "we missed Buffon in the summer", I imagine that this is only a trick that media does, as always. If Milan is winning, trust me, no one will talk about Buffon.

Conclusion: If there is something you shouldn't trust too much, it's the media.

HO-YOUNG
04-10-2007, 16:39
But on a serious note Milan scouts should consider this Daniel Carvalho...He has experience in CL and he won the uefa cup already...if i had my way i would buy him and giv him to Milan...
Watch...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7lR1gdnw8Y

peters
04-10-2007, 17:19
tough luck, but seems like you are :)

anyway, you prolly won win it because of self awareness... :D

Nordahl
04-10-2007, 19:34
Fully agree with ag2765 and HO-YOUNG.

SANT
04-10-2007, 20:35
some people here don't really have a clue...

do you guys have priviledge access to Milan's financial reports? Milan is a privately owned club, not on the stock market, only top officials of the club know why, where and how the money is spent... NOT YOU NOR I KNOW...

The Kaka' interview??? C'mon, EL PAIS like MARCA... until that is listed by Gazzetta or other reliable italian source (Calciomercato doesn't count), I don't believe it... even then, so what...

If we start buying players based on their youtube videos... wow.. we're gonna be in trouble...

GUYS, we don't know... Berlu, Braida, Galliani, Ancelotti... they know... let them do their thing and comment, sure, but measure yourselves... we're outsiders...

Nordahl, I'm sure ag2765 and HO-YOUNG are very relieved to know you agree with them. Thanks for letting us all know.

Nalx
04-10-2007, 21:33
Strongly agree...I always say give them away for free...no one wants them to buy...send them to Qatar or Indonesia

Are you implying that Qatar and Indonesia some kinda trash can who would take anything that nobody wants? :mad:
I don't mean to disrespect your country but didn't Jamaika lost to Indonesia last June?

GilAttack [11]
04-10-2007, 23:15
Okay.. okay.. looks like we have come to a decision here as you guys have watched Banega while I merely read what was said by Boca's president -- why should we trust politician's words anyway :grinser:

You guys say that he has Rino's fighting spirit and good technique as well. Wow, seems like he's almost perfect for a midfielder

He doesnt have Gattuso's fighting spirit, but yeah, he has tremendous skills and technique. And that makes him look a tad too selfish from time to time. Overconfident.

Kaka--7thUCL
05-10-2007, 00:00
lawl..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KDHXxQqpHqI

Graeme C
05-10-2007, 05:03
Simic - Del Piero trade, im up for that! :grinser:

RobyKikic
05-10-2007, 07:59
Del Piero to join Milan? Friday 5 October, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Juventus talisman Alessandro Del Piero is linked with a sensational switch to Milan as contract negotiations with the Old Lady continue to stall.

The 32-year-old had been expected to commit the rest of his career to the Bianconeri, but he has been frustrated by the offer tabled and sporting director Alessio Secco has admitted he could leave.

Milan boss Carlo Ancelotti has even admitted that he eyeing a move for the unsettled star.

“There’s nothing to say that Del Piero couldn’t come to Milan on a free transfer,” he told the Press after the Rossoneri’s disastrous night in Glasgow.

While it seems unlikely that one of Juventus’ great servants would turn his back on the club, the marriage has been strained of late.

Del Piero was said to be hurt when fans jeered him during his slow start to the campaign and he raged that the club had treated him with a “lack of respect” during contract talks.

Secco's declaration last week that Juve were at risk of losing Alex seems to have been something of an own goal.

Del Piero's camp reacted angrily to the comment as it seemed to suggest a lack of flexibility on the club's side.

Pinturricchio’s brother and agent Stefano is currently locked in negotiations with officials in Turin, but the longer the discussions go on without a handshake the more rumours will spread.

channel4.com

Arildonardo
05-10-2007, 09:08
32 years old... Is he old enough for us? :rolleyes:

Debs
05-10-2007, 09:18
At this point, I don't care about his age. he can connect with Pippo, proven point. We need help NOW and maybe with a few good kicks inthe butt, the powers that be will start looking for the long-term solution. I'd take him, in fact I'd welcome him at this point. The Ronaldo move is proving to be the nightmare I warned about! :5ok:

Tony29.
05-10-2007, 09:44
http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2175177,00.html

Dunno if Warro already posted this article. If he did, sorry for posting it again, but it's a fantastic read. Inside Chelsea. Roman-Mourinho relationship and how can it turn ugly when the owner wants to be the manager.

Graeme C
05-10-2007, 09:46
At this point, I don't care about his age. he can connect with Pippo, proven point. We need help NOW and maybe with a few good kicks inthe butt, the powers that be will start looking for the long-term solution. I'd take him, in fact I'd welcome him at this point. The Ronaldo move is proving to be the nightmare I warned about! :5ok:

i wouldnt mind Del Piero to be a squad player. It would be a nightmare for us if the management put all there hopes into him and didnt sign anyone else.

Tony29.
05-10-2007, 09:58
Guys, he won't sign with Milan, but it's disguisting how he's using Milan option just so he can keep his wages.
I'm 100% behind Juve's board on this. Del Piero is not good enough anymore to keep his 5m €/year. He is practically blackmailing the board that he may leave Juve if they give him a pay-cut and what's even worse, sign with a rival. I know he will not sign with a rival because he'll lose a lot, but even using rival's name to blackmail the board is a disguisting act. Del Piero should be ashamed.

Kaka1899
05-10-2007, 10:04
as good as it all sounds imo it wont happen why would they let him go on a free to us. Alex would have to walk out on them i just think its all fantasy.

Tony29.
05-10-2007, 10:12
as good as it all sounds imo it wont happen why would they let him go on a free to us. Alex would have to walk out on them i just think its all fantasy.
Actually, Juve will be helpless here because his contract ends in June. But yes, he'll have to betray Juve if he goes to Milan and he'll never do that.
But he must be aware that he can't be a regular starter who earns 5m/year.
Juve lost a loooot of great attackers only because Del Piero had to have a guaranteed place in starting XI, with Mutu beeing the last one who left just so DP can be a starter.
He'll be 33 in November, everyone in Juve respects him for what he's done for the team, but he must realize he's not untouchable anymore and that his ego is hurting the team.
I'll be disappointed with the board if they let him win this.

MiamiMilanista
05-10-2007, 10:20
do you guys have priviledge access to Milan's financial reports? Milan is a privately owned club, not on the stock market, only top officials of the club know why, where and how the money is spent... NOT YOU NOR I KNOW...

Nordahl, I'm sure ag2765 and HO-YOUNG are very relieved to know you agree with them. Thanks for letting us all know.

Maybe you should read up a little bit ....

First: Reported by USA Today:

Soccer's richest clubs

1. Real Madrid, Spain, $328.19 million.
2. Manchester United, England, $293.31 million.
3. AC Milan, Italy, $278.55 million.
4. Juventus, Italy, $273.08 million.
5. Chelsea, England, $262.84 million.
6. FC Barcelona, Spain, $247.48 million.
7. Bayern Munich, Germany, $225.58 million.
8. Liverpool, England, $215.7 million.
9. Inter Milan, Italy, $210.94 million.
10. Arsenal, England, $203.92 million.
11. AS Roma, Italy, $156.89 million.
12. Newcastle, England, $153.44 million.
13. Tottenham, England, $124.4 million.
14. Schalke 04, Germany, $115.94 million.
15. Lyon, France, $110.59 million.
16. Celtic, Scotland, $110.35 million.
17. Manchester City, England, $107.26 million.
18. Everton, England, $105.71 million.
19. Valencia, Spain, $100.71 million.
20. Lazio, Italy, $98.92 million.

Second: Reported by Reuters:

Soccer-European victors Milan top Champions League money list
Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:08pm BST

July 10 (Ruters) - AC Milan received the most money from last season's Champions League, earning just under 40 million euros on the way to winning European soccer's top club competition for the seventh time, UEFA said on Tuesday.

Milan, who avenged their defeat in the 2005 final to Liverpool by beating them 2-1 in this year's final in Athens in May, collected 39.59 million euros ($54.04 million)), followed by semi-finalists Chelsea (34.66 million euros) and Liverpool (32.22 million euros).

We've made our money...we've spent it horribly and not on good resources...we're old...we're going to end up in the UEFA Cup if we don't turn it around... truth be told

Like I said: Dump 5 or 6 guys over the age of 30, get some youth, and build...

Tony29.
05-10-2007, 10:51
How can i trust USA Today when they have Juve on #4 ?
This must be a 2 years old list

MiamiMilanista
05-10-2007, 10:59
How can i trust USA Today when they have Juve on #4 ?
This must be a 2 years old list

The list is from the year before Juve was relegated, but the point is.... not much as changed....

From soccernet, published Mar, 2007:

Updated: March 30, 2007
'Manchester United are soccer's most valuable club'

Manchester United remain the most valuable football team in the world, according to Forbes business magazine.

The annual list ranks United above Real Madrid with Arsenal leapfrogging AC Milan into third spot and Chelsea in eighth position.

Meanwhile, David Beckham has lost top spot to Ronaldinho as the world's highest-earning footballer.

Ten Premiership sides appear on Forbes' list of the world's 25 most valuable football teams followed by clubs from Italy (four), Germany (four), Spain (two), France (two), Scotland (two) and Holland (one).

The Forbes list however says United no longer command the largest yearly revenues as Real Madrid (£191m), Barcelona (£169m) and Juventus (£164m) - who all have own individual TV deals - surpassed their figure of £158m.

Salvatore Galatioto, president of the sports banking firm Galatioto Sports Partners, said China remains the key area for future growth.

He said: 'A big reason why these teams are attracting suitors is their growth potential in all of Asia, but China is the key.

'You have great brands with these soccer teams that have not been fully exploited.'

Forbes say Beckham's lucrative move to Los Angeles Galaxy at the end of the season could see the former England captain recapture his position as football's highest earner.

• Team valuations in pounds sterling according to Forbes:

1 Man Utd £740million
2 Real Madrid £528million
3 Arsenal £466million
4 Bayern Munich £427million
5 AC Milan £420million
6 Juventus £289million
7 Inter Milan £282million
8 Chelsea £274million
9 Barcelona £273million
10 Schalke 04 £240million
11 Liverpool £231million
12 Lyon £175million
13 Newcastle £132million
14 Tottenham £124million
15 Roma £114million
16 Hamburg £112million
17 Man City £106million
18 B Dortmund £101million
19 Ajax £100million
20 Celtic £94million
21 Everton £84million
22 Marseille £80million
23 West Ham £79million
24 Rangers £75million
25 Aston Villa £71m

Happy now?? not much has changed, here is their overall valuation... my point is clear

Tony29.
05-10-2007, 11:05
Lol, man, i didn't think that Milan aren't rich and among the richest teams in the world. I got your point from the start.
I only thought the USA Today list is from this year and i didn't trust the info about Juve
But since the list is 2/3 years old then everything is clear
:)

MiamiMilanista
05-10-2007, 11:13
Lol, man, i didn't think that Milan aren't rich and among the richest teams in the world. I got your point from the start.
I only thought the USA Today list is from this year and i didn't trust the info about Juve
But since the list is 2/3 years old then everything is clear
:)

I got cha... it's just SANT believes this information isnt out there and the fans are out of the loop...

My point i'm trying to make is, I dont care how much Milan is making in numbers, i'm just very frustrated with the age and results of the club. I'm backing my frustration by information of the amount of revenue the club brings in versus the players they are bringing in.... am i making sense or rambling??? please let me know :5ok:

MiamiMilanista
05-10-2007, 11:17
I got cha... it's just SANT believes this information isnt out there and the fans are out of the loop...

My point i'm trying to make is, I dont care how much Milan is making in numbers, i'm just very frustrated with the age and results of the club. I'm backing my frustration by information of the amount of revenue the club brings in versus the players they are bringing in.... am i making sense or rambling??? please let me know :5ok:

Not to mention, during the preseason Milan listed all over their site the rise of season ticket sales.... I would be extremely frustrated as a season ticket holder that my club did not do everything possible to build a powerhouse... Barca did, Real did... and the worst thing... newly promoted teams like Napoli had much better summers than we did!!

HO-YOUNG
05-10-2007, 12:06

Lets hope it's not like Sheva to Chelsea!!!!

Nalx
05-10-2007, 12:07
Tony, perhaps losing Del Piero, your all time top scorer, will do Juventus good thing. Just like what happened to us after "getting rid" of Sheva :)

HO-YOUNG
05-10-2007, 12:16
Are you implying that Qatar and Indonesia some kinda trash can who would take anything that nobody wants? :mad:
I don't mean to disrespect your country but didn't Jamaika lost to Indonesia last June?

Didn't want to offend anyone...We lost i think with a youth team...2010 we'll be in SA

zlatanov
05-10-2007, 12:23
nice info, ag :) ... only problem is it is as reliable as me doing some internet research and posting figures that are more the result of "projected" costs vs "projected" incomes by Deloitte "D"ouche (:D) (I believe USA Today uses their analysis) or, as I, with my 2 feet on the ground, love to call it - shooting in the dark :D

The thing is that no matter how professionally - at least that's what they like us to think - this analysis's been done, doing a financial dissection on the books of an Italian football club is like claiming that you have exact accounting figures from the books of a Columbian Narco Cartel :D

Let's not forget the latest indictments handed to Galliani and Moratti for "cooked" books with the two clubs exchanging no-name youngsters for millions and millions of dollars and whatnot ... so, those analysis above may well be based on bogus (read inflated) accounting books.
All in all, trying to give an estimate of the revenues on Italian clubs, and not only, is pretty much shooting in the dark.

Furthermore, if figures are to be believed, Milan's budget is burdened by more than 120 mil euros/year for player salaries, and you put in all other expenses to run the club and all of a sudden those revenues mentioned above don't look so vast.
As for those supposed "values" of clubs, that often is not a direct and correct assessment on a club's financial health and ability to spend real, cash money (not paper evaluations) on the transfer market.

So, in the end of the day, SANT has a point - neither we, nor all those publishers, who like to believe they have the real info, know what is really going on behind the closed doors of Italian calcio.

Warro Bantan
05-10-2007, 12:48
Tony, I disagree with you somewhat on the point of Del Piero´s contract negotiations...I am all for a wage reduction for players that arent performing to their previous high standards...and indeed, DP is a bit off what he was a couple of years ago....

That being said, I understand his "proposal" to Juve involves a pay cut...how much, isnt clear, but he is willing to compromise, but not willing to work for less that what he thinks he is worth.

A clear indication of his value to the team would be to see how results would go for a couple of important matches without him in the squad...

I am all for players earning as much as they can (even Dida, who must be laughing to the bank every week) since they cannot earn the same way after they get into their late 20s. early 30s. Put yourself in his shoes...you have a year, 2 at best, before you will retire...wouldnt you want to max your earnings under these conditions?

Juve should just pay the man what he is asking for, or put him on a north-bound plane for Milan..we will pay him what he wants....:D

Nordahl
05-10-2007, 12:54
Del Piero? Lord have mercy on us...

nefremo
05-10-2007, 13:00
I would welcome Del Piero, but only in January which seems impossible. I think his best solution would be to take the pay cut and stay at Juve. As for getting him on a free transfer next summer, I am totally against that idea. I don't see a point of that especially if Pato lives up to expectations and if Ronaldo stays for another year (healthy of course). Don't forget that we would have to pay DP what Juve won't pay him and if I am not mistaken that's around 4mil a year which is way too much for someone who won't be a given starter.

I agree with Tony however that the whole story is fabrication by the media. When I read that Del Piero is having contract negotiation problems and he might leave, I just KNEW that after our recent problems the media will link him to Milan and now even further it looks like they are helping him together with Carlo to get what he wants at Juve. We'll see how the whole story develops.

Jim_UK
05-10-2007, 13:09
Furthermore, if figures are to be believed, Milan's budget is burdened by more than 120 mil euros/year for player salaries, and you put in all other expenses to run the club and all of a sudden those revenues mentioned above don't look so vast.
As for those supposed "values" of clubs, that often is not a direct and correct assessment on a club's financial health and ability to spend real, cash money (not paper evaluations) on the transfer market.

So, in the end of the day, SANT has a point - neither we, nor all those publishers, who like to believe they have the real info, know what is really going on behind the closed doors of Italian calcio.

I was going to post something along those lines, except all i was going to say was that those figures only show income and not profit.

The financial newspaper ‘Il Sole 24 Ore’ did an investigation into the economic practices of Serie A clubs and in the 05-06 season Milan made a profit of £1.6 million! So that kind of puts things into perspective really.

The highest profit was made by Udinese and that was just £4.4 million. Juventus ran a loss of £24 million and Inter a loss of £122 million.

Nordahl
05-10-2007, 13:17
I would welcome Quagliarella, Agüero or Van de Vaart, not another washed up veteran.

Maurizio
05-10-2007, 14:13
Huntelaar!

Scored 2 goals in Ajax's UEFA cup defeat, plus he wants to move to a "bigger" European club.

Graeme C
05-10-2007, 14:19
Huntelaar!

Scored 2 goals in Ajax's UEFA cup defeat, plus he wants to move to a "bigger" European club.

yep i would also, definately if Gila/inzaghi or both go. Im actually interested in the Peruzzi rumours. If Dida is banned he would be my first choice to tempt out of retirement, and as he is clubless he could play for Milan asap. But a temp measure for sure :)

Graeme C
05-10-2007, 14:37
has anyone picked up todays gazzetta? im pretty curious to what sacchi had to say about this side.

Bosniaco
05-10-2007, 15:03
Finally that Milan and other big Italian clubs are interseted in a Bosnian footballer

Inter, Milan, Juve: l'affare si chiama Pjanic
04.10.2007 16.04 di Germano D'Ambrosio articolo letto 8270 volte
Appassionati di calcio, segnatevi questo nome: Miralem Pjanic, 17 anni, centrocampista offensivo. Ne sentiremo parlare a lungo, c'è da scommetterci. Pjanic, nato in Serbia ma dotato di passaporto lussemburghese, gioca nel Metz e in Francia è considerato una delle rivelazioni di questo inizio campionato. In molti danno ormai per scontata una sua partenza a fine stagione. Su di lui sarebbe vivo, infatti, l'interesse di Milan, Juventus, Chelsea e Bayern Monaco, ma alla fine potrebbe spuntarla l'Inter, che negli ultimi tempi è tornata alla carica. L'affare, in realtà, è davvero dietro l'angolo: Pjanic infatti non è ancora professionista, e il suo contratto da aspirant termina a fine stagione. Il Metz vorrebbe bloccarlo subito con un contratto di lunga durata, ma deve aspettare il 2 aprile, giorno in cui il ragazzo compirà 18 anni. Entro quella data, dunque, il giocatore può essere acquistato per cifre irrisorie.

He was boren in Bosnia not Serbia. He was boren in Zvornik (Bosnia and Hercegovina)
He has been called to play for the U21 for Bosnia, so we will see how he does. :)

Nordahl
05-10-2007, 18:30
Huntelaar!

Another extraordinary option, for sure.

Vulli
06-10-2007, 07:46
is simple what we need... a good striker coz Pipo is 35, ronaldo most of the time have injury, Glia can't score continually, and Pato is good but maybe is still to young, i think Huntelar,then a difender coz grande Maldini can't play in evry game and i do not see Kalaze as good replacement so barzagli or Mexes are great zambrotta too and a goalkeeer maybe good option is Amelia... Opinions???

MiamiMilanista
06-10-2007, 07:59
nice info, ag :) ... only problem is it is as reliable as me doing some internet research and posting figures that are more the result of "projected" costs vs "projected" incomes by Deloitte "D"ouche (:D) (I believe USA Today uses their analysis) or, as I, with my 2 feet on the ground, love to call it - shooting in the dark :D

The thing is that no matter how professionally - at least that's what they like us to think - this analysis's been done, doing a financial dissection on the books of an Italian football club is like claiming that you have exact accounting figures from the books of a Columbian Narco Cartel :D

Let's not forget the latest indictments handed to Galliani and Moratti for "cooked" books with the two clubs exchanging no-name youngsters for millions and millions of dollars and whatnot ... so, those analysis above may well be based on bogus (read inflated) accounting books.
All in all, trying to give an estimate of the revenues on Italian clubs, and not only, is pretty much shooting in the dark.

Here's my point, I really don't care what goes on behind closed doors... I care about results, and we are not getting them.

I have also stated facts that Milan have 1 win, 1 loss, and 4 ties in Serie A. We also just lost to Celtic (very hard to stomach).

I also stated the fact that our team's average starting age is over 30. If anyone does not agree with me on these facts, than they are being naive.

As European Champion, we are doing very little to defend the title...

zlatanov
06-10-2007, 08:11
Here's my point, I really don't care what goes on behind closed doors... I care about results, and we are not getting them.

I have also stated facts that Milan have 1 win, 1 loss, and 4 ties in Serie A. We also just lost to Celtic (very hard to stomach).

I also stated the fact that our team's average starting age is over 30. If anyone does not agree with me on these facts, than they are being naive.

As European Champion, we are doing very little to defend the title...
that's your new point, the previous one, which you tried to defend with those figures, was that Milan has enough money to freely splash around and SANT's point was that we simply did not and do not know that for sure ... we can only assume that the club has money given it's status ... if figures are to be truested however, those big incomes are cancelled out by equally big expenses, so so much for our assumptions.

Tony29.
06-10-2007, 08:59
that's your new point, the previous one, which you tried to defend with those figures, was that Milan has enough money to freely splash around and SANT's point was that we simply did not and do not know that for sure ... we can only assume that the club has money given it's status ... if figures are to be truested however, those big incomes are cancelled out by equally big expenses, so so much for our assumptions.
What a silly comment !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Berlusconi has billions. I don't know exactly how many billions but i heard he has 13 235 003 395 euro.
If he has 13 billion euro he can always give 2 billions for new transfers. With 2 billions you can cover the expenses, buy Buffon, Dinho, Aguerro, Cristiano Ronaldo, John Terry and you will still have 1.7 billion euro left.
Why won't he give these money to Milan for new transfers? It's not like he's going to need the money in his grave !!!!!!!!!!!!

ThrusT
06-10-2007, 10:03
Berlusconi has billions. I don't know exactly how many billions but i heard he has 13 235 003 395 euro.
If he has 13 billion euro he can always give 2 billions for new transfers. With 2 billions you can cover the expenses, buy Buffon, Dinho, Aguerro, Cristiano Ronaldo, John Terry and you will still have 1.7 billion euro left.
Why won't he give these money to Milan for new transfers? It's not like he's going to need the money in his grave !!!!!!!!!!!!
Imo, since he lost the elections to Romano Prodi, he has been a bit abscent at the financing department of the club.
It's like he's scared of investing his money.
The only money we use now is prize money or profits.

zlatanov
06-10-2007, 12:16
excellent point, as usual ... I retract my previous post as Tony literaly took it apart :(

:grinser:

Ghost
06-10-2007, 12:26
Well if Berlu doesnt want to spend - why doesnt he either sell up?

Or leave the club to one of his children - atleast they could hear the voices of the fans.

zlatanov
06-10-2007, 13:01
Well if Berlu doesnt want to spend - why doesnt he either sell up?

Or leave the club to one of his children - atleast they could hear the voices of the fans.
good point, try screaming louder and they might hear you ;):
http://www.milanmania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21551

Graeme C
06-10-2007, 17:24
could peruzzi play in the champ league if we picked up him, or only seria A?

will4li
06-10-2007, 20:10
I trust our management's approach towards transfermarket and the idea to construct a squad generally.A few superstars, bounch of proven veterans(bargins,cost little),and some future talents to be nurtured along. It's very healthy,both for result and budget.

We have a strong team,we don't need a drastic move in market.but our core players are getting old(between 30s). even worse in sub's department(some pushing 40s).It's really a must-to-be-done to get some young backbone players gradually(1-2 each year in next couple of years).we should have taken pepe and ribery in Aug.

remote2book
07-10-2007, 02:00
onther intersting note....that anelka from bolton is "awaiting for a big club" he wud not be a bad option to consider at all wat u guys think of him?

hishamilan
07-10-2007, 03:40
i swear i was going yo say the same comment anelka is a fascinating player with high average goal record

hishamilan
07-10-2007, 03:56
guys ! zlat, jim, tony, mirk large names here i ask you to list down a bunch of young well proven players with good international records to make our squad 2008 revolution because i am no more concvinced that we will do anything with that aging players only because they have been playing with each other for long time and that the only reason of this bad form is the team morale and that we have no money to spend and that........ if that board of directors of milan want to keep us as fans they must mooooooooooooooove < milan forever >

Stitch
07-10-2007, 09:02
Imo, since he lost the elections to Romano Prodi, he has been a bit abscent at the financing department of the club.
It's like he's scared of investing his money.
The only money we use now is prize money or profits.

I made that point a few months ago...and it was laughed off by some pundits who want only proven players in milan :D

Hasan Rossonero
07-10-2007, 10:24
The Prodi point is tenuous. Berlu's billion dollar empire is not tied to his power in office. If anything, he should have more resources now devoted to his private affairs...

remote2book
07-10-2007, 14:25
all i gotta say is wow ..wat were we thinking when we passed on ribery or toni....they are amazing players...i mean amazing..i been following byren and i must say ribery is one of the best midfielders in europe....lucky for any other team byren isnt in the CL just amazing...both these players are worth every cent!!!

Arildonardo
08-10-2007, 02:33
could peruzzi play in the champ league if we picked up him, or only seria A?
Only Serie A. Players for the CL must be registered within august 31st. He can be registered in january though. If we have registered a full CL-squad of 25 players he would then have to replace one of those.

Arildonardo
08-10-2007, 02:35
onther intersting note....that anelka from bolton is "awaiting for a big club" he wud not be a bad option to consider at all wat u guys think of him?
Anelka? Hmmm... No! He's an ok player, but there's always trouble surrounding him. I don't think he would be good for the atmosphere at the club.

Kaka--7thUCL
08-10-2007, 03:00
Okay Milan Is The Best. Period Imagine What We Would Do If We Added A Meer 3-4 Young, Talented Players? We'd Destroy Any Team 5-1, Let Alone We Already Destroyed Lazio, One Of The Top 4 In These Last 3-4 Years In Seria A 5-1:d

thomas_h
08-10-2007, 04:32
what about Borriello`s status ? did we sell him ? or just loaned him ?

Tony29.
08-10-2007, 06:31
what about Borriello`s status ? did we sell him ? or just loaned him ?
Neither :grinser:

You sold 50% of Borriello to Genoa so now both Milan and Genoa own 50% each. At the end of the season you and Genoa will place an offer for the other 50%. Whoever offers more gets 100% of Borriello.
I doubt Milan will try to get him back though. Looks like people in Milan were disappointed in Borriello and what he did to the image of your team.
But then again, if you wanted to completely get rid of him you wouldn't have kept your 50% of Borriello.

Kaka1899
08-10-2007, 12:43
Drogba or Huntelaar could be good strikers to sign Drogba looks unsettled at Chelsea and Huntelaar has said he wants to go to a bigger team we could be that team! :5ok:

Stezagud
08-10-2007, 12:47
Anelka? Hmmm... No! He's an ok player, but there's always trouble surrounding him. I don't think he would be good for the atmosphere at the club.

He is a far calmer person now, not the disruptive kid of 5 years ago. He is a top striker too, lightning quick and an excellent finisher from pretty much anywhere.

I was hoping Utd would sign him and think he would be an excellent player for Milan if they decided to go for him.

Mehdi
08-10-2007, 12:54
He is a far calmer person now, not the disruptive kid of 5 years ago. He is a top striker too, lightning quick and an excellent finisher from pretty much anywhere.

I was hoping Utd would sign him and think he would be an excellent player for Milan if they decided to go for him.

Agreed. The main problem remains his idiot brother but on the pitch he's been excellent since returning to England.

Jim_UK
08-10-2007, 14:11
With Ten Cate going to Chelsea, i wouldn't be surprised if Chelsea made a move for Huntelaar pretty quickly.

I'd hate to see him there. I'd really like to see him here with us.

Kaka1899
08-10-2007, 15:02
With Ten Cate going to Chelsea, i wouldn't be surprised if Chelsea made a move for Huntelaar pretty quickly.

Me too but honestly do you think Belu would shell out for him?

lets say Gila gets 1 in two and Ronaldo is gettin 2 in 4 and Pippo gets 1 in four plus what Kaka and Seedorf well everybody else chips in and we will have pato freed up could you see Berlu saying we need more strikers cos we have two gettin a goal out of half the matches just a thought iv had nothing more :)

zlatanov
08-10-2007, 16:00
Me too but honestly do you think Belu would shell out for him?

lets say Gila gets 1 in two and Ronaldo is gettin 2 in 4 and Pippo gets 1 in four plus what Kaka and Seedorf well everybody else chips in and we will have pato freed up could you see Berlu saying we need more strikers cos we have two gettin a goal out of half the matches just a thought iv had nothing more :)
never say never ... actually, many would say that Ten Cate is just the right age to become Milan's new attacking weapon :D

Kaka1899
08-10-2007, 16:07
never say never ... actually, many would say that Ten Cate is just the right age to become Milan's new attacking weapon :D
gutted i wanted us to bring back Pele :D

remote2book
08-10-2007, 16:56

ahahhaahha :grinser: ur probably rite zlat...but seriuosly i think huntleer wud also be a good choice for us ....cuz he is also waiting for a bigger club to sign him...so i hope we keep him and anelka in mind

slicknick
08-10-2007, 17:39

Right on :rotfl:

slicknick
08-10-2007, 17:43

You might be right, he might have come a long way, but I have got reservations about him...He is playing for who? Bolton... Not saying he cannot pull it off it at San Siro, but it would certainly be a lot more of a challenge, don't you think?

Kaka1899
09-10-2007, 04:09
You might be right, he might have come a long way, but I have got reservations about him...He is playing for who? Bolton... Not saying he cannot pull it off it at San Siro, but it would certainly be a lot more of a challenge, don't you think?
you have a good point but honestly he has been playing for the french NT recently is there a challenge greater than representing your country.

Ghost
09-10-2007, 08:31

In the papers today it suggest Chelsea are interested in him and with Ten Cate going in the same direction he will most likely end up there.

Tony29.
09-10-2007, 14:22
Galliani rules out Alex swoop

Milan Vice-President Adriano Galliani has definitively ruled out a move for unsettled Juventus captain Alessandro Del Piero.

Del Piero’s contract talks with the Old Lady are progressing slowly and sporting director Alessio Secco admitted that there are fears in Turin that he could leave.

While Rossoneri boss Carlo Ancelotti has admitted that he would be delighted to welcome Pinturricchio to the San Siro, Galliani has laughed off the suggestion.

“Regarding Del Piero, I would say that he isn’t in Milan’s plans,” he told La7.

“A while ago, Ancelotti said that we could sign him, but it was just a joke and I told him to be careful with that kind of comment.

“We could have signed Del Piero when he was playing for Padova, but he was expensive and Juve got him instead.”

Galliani also took time to clarify the reasons why the Diavolo’s bid to sign Gigi Buffon broke down and exploded the myth that President Silvio Berlusconi had vetoed the move.

“We asked Juve for Buffon, but the Bianconeri President Giovanni Cobolli Gigli said that he wasn’t for sale at any price,” he explained. “It wasn’t that Berlusconi intervened.”

Edit: the source is channel4

Jim_UK
09-10-2007, 14:46
In the papers today it suggest Chelsea are interested in him and with Ten Cate going in the same direction he will most likely end up there.

unfortunately, it was inevitable :(

Warro Bantan
09-10-2007, 15:09
What is this I read about Milan being interested in Foggia? Didnt we give him to Lazio as part of the Oddo move? How ridiculous would that be for us to be after him now?

slicknick
09-10-2007, 17:03
What is this I read about Milan being interested in Foggia? Didnt we give him to Lazio as part of the Oddo move? How ridiculous would that be for us to be after him now?

Oh, is that right? If so, it is pretty lame...Geez :stupid:

Bosniaco
09-10-2007, 21:26
Well I just wanted to say this:

Miralem Pjanic the 17 year old kid from Metz that all the big clubs are after said that he like to play in Spain for Real Madrid and in Italy he like Milan. So maybe on eday we can see him play for Milan. :)

MiamiMilanista
10-10-2007, 08:27
I know this is the wrong thread for this but I need some help and I know I and a lot of others hit this thread the most so here I go.

I will be in Italy on December 23rd when Milan face the merda Inter. I have two questions that I hope someone can help me with...

FIRST: Whenever I go to the official website, tickets are NEVER on sale. I've realized that on Inter's official site, their booking engine is awesome. It's an easy application that allows you to buy the tickets and pickup at the ticket window that day. Being that Inter are considered the home team, they will be selling tickets a couple days beforehand on their site. Does anyone have any other suggestions or should I just got through Inter's site. Once they have a home game, they usually open the sales online. Also, is there a section I should be looking for that is not too rowdy or partial? Obviously the Nord is a bad idea with Milan fans being in the Sud.

SECOND: Me and my wife will be going to the game together. We are both AC Milan fans and are proud to show it. The only thing is that I've never been to a derby before. Is it safe?? We cheer our team on, but we're not obnoxious and are usually the ones to look forward and walk. Will it be safe to go to the match? It will most likely be the night game on Sunday so I want to make sure everything is fine before we buy tickets.

If anyone can help, it would be great. Thanks!

Tony29.
10-10-2007, 09:31
Anyone else heard about Milan's interest in Viviano, Brescia's goalkeeper and member of Italian u-21.
Praised to be the next great Italian goalkeeper. He took advantage of Curci's injury and he was a regular at the u21 EURO this summer. I also watched him against Juve last year when he performed small miracles when Brescia won 3:1 over Juve.

News are Milan is offering ~7m euro while Brescia's asking for over 9m euro.
I just heard it on the radio on my way from work and dunno how reliable and from where did they get this. I'll try to find a link.

zlatanov
10-10-2007, 09:46
Anyone else heard about Milan's interest in Viviano, Brescia's goalkeeper and member of Italian u-21.
Praised to be the next great Italian goalkeeper. He took advantage of Curci's injury and he was a regular at the u21 EURO this summer. I also watched him against Juve last year when he performed small miracles when Brescia won 3:1 over Juve.

I just heard it on the radio on my way from work and dunno how reliable and from where did they get this. I'll try to find a link.
http://controcampo.mediaset.it/articoli/articolo1423.shtml

you are welcome :D

Warro Bantan
10-10-2007, 11:34
Bosniaco...what position does he play? Forward I presume? :dontkn:

King tiger
10-10-2007, 11:51
yeah he is forward i think.they say hes good .

ACMILAN1983
10-10-2007, 13:38

I read about that a little while ago, though I don't know how good he is (I rate Curci highly, so I guess he should be interesting at least).

I also read we're after Frey, but I think it was tribalfootball so didn't take much notice.

Bosniaco
10-10-2007, 16:26
Bosniaco...what position does he play? Forward I presume? :dontkn:
actually he plays as a attacking midfielder but can play as a foward. Just like Kaka does for Milan, he is a AM but plays as foward as neccesary.

http://www.fcmetz.com/fiche-joueur.php?id=616

Bosnia U21 is playing against France U21 so I'm planing on watching this game to see Gourcuff and ofcourse watch Bosnia play, so I will see how he does. :)

ThrusT
10-10-2007, 16:27
What will be the next big transfer?
"At the moment the market is closed and when it re-opens in January, we already have our new purchase, which is Pato.
Concerning goalkeepers, Milan have three at home and three on loan: Storari, Abbiati, and Coppola, we are full of goalkeepers. At most we will renew a few contracts, but no one new will come at Milan."

:haha:

sheva-gila
10-10-2007, 16:42
do you think the same as I do, my god whats this about Kaka if thats is true that he is talkin tou news paper if he ever leavs us he would play in angland Manu, arsenal, real, how thay are gret clubs this is isnt the frist time he talks about other clubs this makes me sick really

Kaka if u wanna leave just go and dont tell us who is the best

Ghost
10-10-2007, 17:16
do you think the same as I do, my god whats this about Kaka if thats is true that he is talkin tou news paper if he ever leavs us he would play in angland Manu, arsenal, real, how thay are gret clubs this is isnt the frist time he talks about other clubs this makes me sick really

Kaka if u wanna leave just go and dont tell us who is the best

Dude chill out

Its not as bad as it sounds

NAMMY
10-10-2007, 18:01
Was just going to post Galliani's comments, and say it's obvious we could purchase a few more players - maybe a striker, midfielder, defender and goalie. "I think it's appropriate that Pato plays on Friday. They tell me extraordinary things about him, the players as well as the coach and I read the same things on the newspapers. "But he's only 18, let's not give him too much responsibility." - yet he seems to use Pato as an excuse not to buy more players? It should be obvious that the team has had some trouble, and unless we go on a marvelous winning spree before January I think we require some new players.

Vadim
10-10-2007, 18:04
"At the moment the market is closed and when it re-opens in January, we already have our new purchase, which is Pato.
Concerning goalkeepers, Milan have three at home and three on loan: Storari, Abbiati, and Coppola, we are full of goalkeepers. At most we will renew a few contracts, but no one new will come at Milan."

You think that's funny?

Lucarelli on Milan's transfer policy:

"I’m 32 and the Rossoneri like to go for younger players, but when it comes to football you can never say never."

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/oct10i.html

:grinser: :grinser:

Mehdi
10-10-2007, 19:28

Every second word that comes out of Galliani's mouth is a lie. Over the last few years I'm sure he has said we're not interested in Oddo, Jankulovski, Ronaldo, Pato and Emerson. The bottom line is it's upto Berlusconi. The more matches he attends the more he will know in which areas the team needs strengthening. He will also be aware that Milan have developed a reputation for being cheap, he can't be happy with that!

Karim
10-10-2007, 20:16
In other Fiorentina news, Sebastien Frey is rumoured to be a target for AC Milan in their search for a replacement for Nelson Dida.

This is from goal.com

The goalie who took 6 from Milan, now Milan want him :haha:

How desperate are you? :lol:

Jeff
10-10-2007, 20:19

Well, I'm just surprised that you still remember that game ;).

Bosniaco
10-10-2007, 21:34
In other Fiorentina news, Sebastien Frey is rumoured to be a target for AC Milan in their search for a replacement for Nelson Dida.

This is from goal.com

yes he is one of the best goalkeepers in Italy today....

Karim
10-10-2007, 21:38
I have to say yes, that last note was a sarcastic one on the irony, from being the laughing stock of the Milansiti to may be the saviour? ;)

Anyways, he has come a LONG way since being with Inter, I guess Parma is a miracle place after all where young players shine and prosper and go to levels above

Egoistka
11-10-2007, 02:18

This is from goal.com

I dont think that Frey will come to Milan. At the moment Fiorentina plays better then us, why would he want to leave? And, to say the truth, I think we are going to stick to Dida this whole season. What ll happen after that I am not sure..

Tony75
11-10-2007, 03:42
I have to say yes, that last note was a sarcastic one on the irony, from being the laughing stock of the Milansiti to may be the saviour? ;)

Anyways, he has come a LONG way since being with Inter, I guess Parma is a miracle place after all where young players shine and prosper and go to levels above
Frey wasn't the laughing stock. It wasn't like he conceeded 6 bad goals personally. Tardelli a laughing stock, Zanetti a laughing stock, inert a laughing stock, and that guy who ran on the pitch begging for the ball from Billy. All laughing stocks, not Frey.
Seedorf & Simic also played that match. They haven't done too bad since joining Milan.

slicknick
11-10-2007, 04:18
You think that's funny?

"I’m 32 and the Rossoneri like to go for younger players, but when it comes to football you can never say never."

Yeah, that's actually pretty funny to me :dielaugh:

Vulli
11-10-2007, 04:29
for the winter mercato for sure we need a goalkeper so Amelia or Frey will be good

Arildonardo
11-10-2007, 06:37
You think that's funny?

Yeah, that's actually really funny. There must be some bad translation here, I think he said: "I'm 32 and I'm still way too young for the Rossoneri." :grinser:

Hasan Rossonero
11-10-2007, 09:34
I dont think that Frey will come to Milan. At the moment Fiorentina plays better then us, why would he want to leave? And, to say the truth, I think we are going to stick to Dida this whole season. What ll happen after that I am not sure..
Why would he want to come to us?

I don't know, Champions League, a pay rise, playing for Milan (bigger club than Fiorentina).

But I think you're right: we will stick with Dida for the rest of the season. Let's hope he improves.

Ghost
11-10-2007, 09:58
Theres alot of talk about the Chelsea stars who are unrest, who do you think we should go for?

I just cant see us trying for Lampard, I personally feel Drogba would be a great solution. He has the strength to hand the Italian defense, and with the midfield we currently have we could provide him with many assists.

OCmilano
11-10-2007, 10:22
Milan Vice-President Adriano Galliani says that the club will not be purchasing any players during the January transfer window.

This was on Goal.com 10-11-2007.....

Tony29.
11-10-2007, 11:45
Don't trust any transfer news at this period of the year (actually, don't trust the news even during mercato time)

Just look at a perfect example (from a Milan fan site)
http://www.forzamilan.com/may2000.htm
Was there a transfer news in this article (even among the OFFICIAL news) that came true that season ?

Tony75
11-10-2007, 12:02
Don't trust any transfer news at this period of the year (actually, don't trust the news even during mercato time)

Just look at a perfect example (from a Milan fan site)
http://www.forzamilan.com/may2000.htm
Was there a transfer news in this article (even among the OFFICIAL news) that came true that season ?
Yes, I signed them all in CM.

Mehdi
11-10-2007, 12:25

Wouldn't it be easier to say don't trust Galliani?

Baresi
11-10-2007, 13:42
If Pippo keeps up his Serie A goal drought and Ronaldo doesn't return from his injury ready to play 100%, I see us going after Drogba. The rest of the team doesn't need anything but a solution in defense. It's a very odd situation in the back. We have great players on our wings with Oddo and Janku, but I have noticed that the central defender who pairs with Nesta is by FAR the most harmful player to us in terms of goals allowed. Every game I've seen so far, the goals come from the left when Favalli steps in for Janku and in the middle due to a mistake by Bonera or the injured Kaladze. Bonera has shown an immense amount of improvement even with the mistakes so I'm willing to stick with him as he becomes the next great Italian defender. Kaladze on the other hand hasn't. Hopefully, with Maldini back and ready to play, our central defensive woes will end. Also, having Abbiati back would be nice and I can't wait to see the great Pato in action starting January

martin
11-10-2007, 15:26
If Pippo keeps up his Serie A goal drought and Ronaldo doesn't return from his injury ready to play 100%, I see us going after Drogba. The rest of the team doesn't need anything but a solution in defense. It's a very odd situation in the back. We have great players on our wings with Oddo and Janku, but I have noticed that the central defender who pairs with Nesta is by FAR the most harmful player to us in terms of goals allowed. Every game I've seen so far, the goals come from the left when Favalli steps in for Janku and in the middle due to a mistake by Bonera or the injured Kaladze. Bonera has shown an immense amount of improvement even with the mistakes so I'm willing to stick with him as he becomes the next great Italian defender. Kaladze on the other hand hasn't. Hopefully, with Maldini back and ready to play, our central defensive woes will end. Also, having Abbiati back would be nice and I can't wait to see the great Pato in action starting January

Drogba would be a logical choice, I can see us chasing him or g.rossi(just stated he wants to return to italy) come january.

Kaka--7thUCL
11-10-2007, 23:09
We'll be fine guys, you're all jumping to conclusion because we won't be buying in the January transfer window.. Well , think about it. We can't seem desparate aye? Who would sell us a good striker, if we seemed so very desperate for one, at half the cost, like galliani likes it? Think about it. They know what there doing. Even if we don't buy anyone, who do we need? Pato is coming, he's more than enough. In the summer, bring Ronaldinho or Eto'o, to weaken Barca a bit and get us a striker too -.- and then we can buy other positions that need refreshing, like another world class CB and a goalkeeper, but these are optional IMO.

Egoistka
12-10-2007, 01:32
Why would he want to come to us?

I don't know, Champions League, a pay rise, playing for Milan (bigger club than Fiorentina).

But I think you're right: we will stick with Dida for the rest of the season. Let's hope he improves.

I dont think he wants to come, bcoz it is a huge risk for him. Nobody can know for sure that he ll be good in Milan. What if he doesnt adjust to Milan and ends up as bench man? Possible, dont you think?! In Fiorentina he is stable, and Fiorentina is doing well now.

hishamilan
12-10-2007, 02:37
i heard liverpool are after norway's hangeland with hyppia agger and carager in the team, manu are after hamsik and rosina even if they have scholes , carick and hargreaves and chelsea after ronaldinho after they had malouda SWP j.cole so don't anybody tell me we are settled in any of our lines

hitmannq8
12-10-2007, 03:20
does anyone know what happened to Stromstad and Haemstad the two young Norwegians Cesare Maldini has scouted from the Norwegian league?

Arildonardo
12-10-2007, 06:50
does anyone know what happened to Stromstad and Haemstad the two young Norwegians Cesare Maldini has scouted from the Norwegian league?
They both still play for my hometown club in Norway, IK Start from Kristiansand.

Haestad (http://www.ikstart.no/ArticleLMWideImg.aspx?m=222&amid=301686):
Went on loan to Wigan from january to april, but didn't get too many chances to play and returned to IK Start. He has now been injured for a couple of months, but will be back in action soon. He's a regular starter for the norwegian national team when not injured. Still one of the best players in Norway. Fan of Manchester United.

Stromstad (http://www.ikstart.no/ArticleLMWideImg.aspx?m=222&amid=301676):
Is a regular member of the norwegian national team squad, but hasn't started the latest matches. He hasn't had the best of seasons this year, but is still one of the better midfielders in the norwegian league despite IK Start struggling against relegation this season. Big fan of AC Milan.

mzk57
12-10-2007, 07:18
What I have seen so far this season, I think AC Milan needs the following players :-

(In priority order)

1-Igor Akinfeev from CSKA Mosscow
We need him simply becasue we do need a quality keeper. Kalac woud be OK but Akinfeev is world-class and the 4th best keeper of the world (when fit) + if I am not mistaken he was linked with ACM a couple of months back but then he had some severe long term injury which kept him out of action 4 some months. If ACM get him, then with the likes of Maldini, Nesta, Oddo, Kala, Bonera and Janku in defense ACM would become invinsible in footballing world. I think Akinfeev transfer would demand serious amount of money. :pp20:

2-Frank Lampard from Chelsea
All the teams in the world need a hard working player like him who gives 110% every time he walks onto the field. 2005 World footballer of the year (in my eyes) is among the top 5 best soccer players of the world today. Him replacing Seedorf (no disrespect) in the starting 11 would be an ideal and +ive change. But relitively hard to sign him. :bri:

3-Benjani from Portsmouth
Probably the best striker of the EPL rite now and recently hit a 5-star hattrick against a tough Reading side which kept a clean sheet at Old Trafford on the opening day. He has got enormous pace and Thierry Henry type-control on the ball. If he partners Gila in the 4-3-1-2 formation, then they could form the best strike partnership of the world beating Villa & Morientes. The best thing is that he wont cast too much, easy to get. :devf:

4-Morton Gamst Pedrson from Blackburn Rovers.
ACM do need a replacement for, the aging impact player, Serginho. MGP can play as a supporting striker to Gila, in partnership with Kaka, as a left winger and in emergency situations as a left back. He wont be so easy to get since Alex Fergusen and Arsene Wenger have one eye on him to be the successor of of Rayen Giggs and Robert Pires at Man Utd and Arsenal respectively. :irritate:

5-Phil Jagielka from Everton.
Probably the 2nd most versatile player of EPL after Michael Essien. I have seen him performing great as RB, solid as a midielder, scores fair amount of goals and once playing as an emergency keeper againt Arsenal and making some incredible saves and winning the match against the Gunners 1-0 last season for a small club like Sheffeld Utd. Not necessarily as a starting player but he could be a legendary squad player at ACM just like Ambrosini and Kaladze. I BET he would do a better job than d!da at goal if he is given a chance. Since he has already been involded in a big money move in EPL so only a loan deal is possible as the moment. :rolleyes:

6-Lional Messi from Barcelona.
If ACM can't pay enough for Frank Lampard then Lion Messi would be a good 2nd option. Since there is room for only 3 out of the fantastic four in the starting 11 of Barcelona. But he will cost alot. :wallbang:

7-Eidur Gunjohnsen from Barcelona.
The former Chelsea legend is also not happy at Barca and probably wants to leave soon. He can form a good partnership with Gila plus just like Pippo he may score relitively less but his goals are on the big ocassions and are decissive. He will be an easy buy. ;)

8-G. Rossi from Parma ( guess)
Well I have not seen him playing too much but I have heard of him being the next great Italian forward. So he could be a useful buy. :sagrin:

9-Maniche from Atletic Madrid (i guess)
The guy is a fantastic central midfielder like Lampard and Gerrard. He would be an immediate hit unlike that pathetic Emerson becoz he is just waithing for an opertunity in a big club + he won't cost too much. :clap:

10-David Villa form Valencia.
Out of all mentioned above, Villa is the 2nd most important player who we need desperately after a GK. But its almost impossible to get him since Villa means Valencia FC + David Villa to me looks like a loyal type of player. He won't leave Spain to learn English or Italian to make his wife/gf happy. But say a miracle happens and Valencia wana sell him, then he would probably cost around 50 mil pounds (which will be a world record transfer fee) :devs:

If ACM can get Igor Akinfeev and any 2 other players mentioned above then the current ACM team would become a greater team than the ACM of 1988-1994. Scudetto and CL in the bag.

Forza ACM & Thanks!

Hasan Rossonero
12-10-2007, 08:17
I am depressed. My soul has left my body.

Tony29.
12-10-2007, 08:39
I'm all shivering though. This must be the most insightful post i've seen in my life.
I didn't even know most of these players exist (especially Rossi from Parma) and yet zeekay did the scouting and introduced these unknown and talented players to us.
We owe you so much zeekay.

P.S : But i'm surprised you left JDT out. I think he may be the solution for Milan's attacking problems.

DUCO
12-10-2007, 09:22
We most buy gol man thet is fact :devf:

remote2book
12-10-2007, 10:16
plzzzz buy drobga.....he was unsettled at the end of last season....and even more now since murinhio left i really hope we can go after him he is a striker we been looking for he creates space and is very physical and strong option for us

Ghost
12-10-2007, 11:21

You, me we are the Kings of Europe!

It cant be that bad?

Hasan Rossonero
12-10-2007, 11:36
You, me we are the Kings of Europe!

It cant be that bad?
hehehe...

I was referring to the post directly above mine. :grinser:

Stitch
12-10-2007, 12:23
:grinser: :grinser: Messi remark is the greatest :ilol:

ForeverMilan
12-10-2007, 13:04
Our priorities should be a LWB and GK.

-Boruc or Frey,i would welcome one of them with open arms.
-Pasqual/Lahm/Zauri,even Zauri would be an upgrade over Marek Jankulovski.
-Kim Kalstroem.
-Modesto
-Kalstroem if we think about to sign any midfielder.
-Karim Benzema or Forestieri,a club like Milan needs to have 5 strikers.
-Following the progress of the Lazio RWB De Silvestri's progress in the future and however consider him the real heir of Oddo,Exactly after 2 years we need someone to replace Oddo.De Silvestri is the man.

ForeverMilan
12-10-2007, 13:20
With Boruc(or Frey) and Dida we have no problems in goalie,with Oddo and Zauri(or 2 other),we will be better on the wings,with Kalstroem,a player that who can play 2 part of the game and however at the same time he plays with continuity,our midfield lacks a player like him,Moreover i would rather to have more than 3 Lampard's,Karim Benzema,ideal partner for Pato,quick,moveable,gifted,deadly finishing,Pato needs someone like him to play alongside,with this players,our Milan will be formidable.

Giorgos
12-10-2007, 13:56
Was just going to post Galliani's comments, and say it's obvious we could purchase a few more players - maybe a striker, midfielder, defender and goalie. "I think it's appropriate that Pato plays on Friday. They tell me extraordinary things about him, the players as well as the coach and I read the same things on the newspapers. "But he's only 18, let's not give him too much responsibility." - yet he seems to use Pato as an excuse not to buy more players? It should be obvious that the team has had some trouble, and unless we go on a marvelous winning spree before January I think we require some new players.

It's too late Galianni , you should have woken up much earlier....

Baresi
12-10-2007, 15:42
You must understand that Galliani can't go out and say Pato is the best and he's going to be a star with the chance of him being a major flop, as slim as it may be. Still, Galliani and the entire sqad are confident that Pato is a success signing that will add a new element to the Milan striker force. With Pato playing in January, Maldini, Ronaldo and Digao back from injury, Gilardino back on track and the 5-1 drilling of Lazio he has all the right to be confident with this squad. We already have a lot of competition in the squad and adding players because of an early hiccup to the season is plain dumb. Must we be reminded every year when things aren't going as smoothly what happened the year before in the same situation?

Egoistka
13-10-2007, 19:36
[FONT=Georgia]What I have seen so far this season, I think AC Milan needs the following players :-

(In priority order)

[COLOR=Black]1-Igor Akinfeev from CSKA Mosscow
We need him simply becasue we do need a quality keeper. Kalac woud be OK but Akinfeev is world-class and the 4th best keeper of the world (when fit) + if I am not mistaken he was linked with ACM a couple of months back but then he had some severe long term injury which kept him out of action 4 some months. If ACM get him, then with the likes of Maldini, Nesta, Oddo, Kala, Bonera and Janku in defense ACM would become invinsible in footballing world. I think Akinfeev transfer would demand serious amount of money. :pp20:

Igor Akinfeev WAS a very good goalkeeper...He was one of my favorites, but at the moment his future is very uncertain. He was very badly injured 6 may 2007, and he wont be back until the next season. And thats the best case scenario. I ve even heard that his injury might force him to finish his career (hopefully, this one is not true and Igor will continue playing football).
So why do you think that we have to buy Akinfeev now??? He would still cost us a fortune, but his condition is very bad...Akinfeev is not an option for us at the moment, and I m sure Milan doesnt even consider buying him in any near future.

Kaka1899
14-10-2007, 05:04
Phil Jagielka! Phil.......Jagielka! Zeekay why Jagielka hes useless iv seen him play and hes no idea what to do! at least Janku and Oddo are NT players

Ghost
14-10-2007, 07:48
Phil Jagielka! Phil.......Jagielka! Zeekay why Jagielka hes useless iv seen him play and hes no idea what to do! at least Janku and Oddo are NT players

Because he's probably our answer for a goal keeper.

thomas_h
14-10-2007, 10:32
january : akinfeev/viviano/d lopez
summer 08 : drogba for ronaldo / inzaghi , banega for brocchi, barzagli for maldini, grimi for favalli

DUCO
14-10-2007, 11:33
We most buy Akinfeef Cska Moskva Dida is for retairing :devf:

Kaka--7thUCL
14-10-2007, 12:10
http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=446112

I have to be fair when I say Milan is ahead of chelsea for ronaldinho, Milan will try to come close to Chelsea's offer, but what really matters is the team itself. Ronaldinho would be foolish to go to EPL .. It would be like retiring, every great player goes to EPL in there early 30's, hes only 28 and he needs a team like Milan to progress.

Tony29.
14-10-2007, 12:30
http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/oct14i.html

Milan are closer to Amauri than it seems. Amauri's agent confirmed that Milan are interested and he says he'll be in Milano over the next few days.

Jim_UK
14-10-2007, 12:42
I've not been following Palermo this season, so i don't know how well Amauri is doing for his club. Obviously he is trying to recapture the fine form he had at the start of last season before his injury, if he manages to find it then he'll be a good purchase.

I guess we'll have to follow the rest of the season and see how well both he & Palermo do.

Aficio
14-10-2007, 15:52
Happy to hear that. Amauri have what the Milan's forwards need. But, frankly, this must be proved by A.Gallani to be true. Though people often say that Gallani used to tell lie, but every name must be heard from him to be true (confirm or refuse :D).

hitmannq8
14-10-2007, 16:13
Only reason im against it is cuz he would be cup-tied. He played in the UEFA cup

Tony29.
14-10-2007, 16:53
Only reason im against it is cuz he would be cup-tied. He played in the UEFA cup
Worry not my friend.
Those who played in UEFA Cup will be eligible to play in CL after February.

And yes, i'm 100% sure about this :)

Oh, and it says that Milan want him in June, not in January. And that Palermo will not sell him in January. Only in June and if they don't take one of the top4 places in serie A this season.

hitmannq8
14-10-2007, 16:58
Worry not my friend.
Those who played in UEFA Cup will be eligible to play in CL after February.

And yes, i'm 100% sure about this :)

Oh, and it says that Milan want him in June, not in January. And that Palermo will not sell him in January. Only in June and if they don't take one of the top4 places in serie A this season.

Really?? So that means Toni can play for us in CL? :zany:

Tony29.
14-10-2007, 17:06
Really?? So that means Toni can play for us in CL? :zany:
It does.
We discussed this last year, here on MM, and we all thought that if someone plays in UEFA cup can not play for another team in CL.
But then we read an article about Amelia Being eligible to play for Milan (he was playing in UEFA with Livorno) and we found UEFA regulations where it was clearly said that a player can change teams but only in case they don't play in the same competition or they weren't in the same competition during the season.
The last part means that if , lets say Ibrahimovic, played for Inter in CL and Inter got the 3rd place in their group, he can't play for another team in CL because Inter were in CL, and he can't play for another team in UEFA because Inter will play UEFA from February.

But if Milan survives the group and stays in CL, then any player who didn't play in CL, even if he played for an UEFA Cup team, can join Milan and play for Milan in CL.

slicknick
14-10-2007, 18:04
every great player goes to EPL in there early 30's, hes only 28 and he needs a team like Milan to progress.

WRONG! Every great player?..Who do you know that has done that, apart from Sheva and Ballack? I don't see any 30-year-old superstars in Liverpool, Arsenal and Man Utd...

Egoistka
14-10-2007, 18:09
I've not been following Palermo this season, so i don't know how well Amauri is doing for his club. Obviously he is trying to recapture the fine form he had at the start of last season before his injury, if he manages to find it then he'll be a good purchase.

I guess we'll have to follow the rest of the season and see how well both he & Palermo do.

Amauri plays pretty good this season. He is very active and energetic...a bit arrogant though. However I would not mind to have him in Milan.

inter-1908
14-10-2007, 18:24
it looks like milan will take a shot at buying amauri, its possible, and another brazilian, he will just get better and better as the years go on, i say milan should go for it:Palermo striker Amauri is wanted by three of Europe’s top clubs, his representative has claimed on Sunday.

The Brazilian-born ace is one of Serie A’s most respected attackers and he’s recently been associated with a switch to Milan at the end of the season.

His agent has confirmed that numerous sides are monitoring him even though the attacker, who is still trying to rediscover his best form after he ruptured knee ligaments in December, is committed to the Rosanero cause.

“Milan are not the only side who are chasing him as there are also two other important European clubs who are interested,” Mariano Grimaldi noted.

“It is also true that I will be in Milan over the next few days, but let me be clear about this – Palermo come first for the player right now.

“We have a good relationship with President Maurizio Zamparini and if the club find themselves in the Champions League next season then there will be no problem in continuing the rapport.”

Amauri, who could soon be eligible to play for the Italian national side, joined the outfit from Chievo Verona in 2006 after agreeing a five-year deal.

However, Zamparini himself has recently admitted that he may find it tough to keep hold of the player at the end of the season.

Spanish giants Barcelona, who were already keen on him while he was with the Flying Donkeys, are still believed to be after his capture.

snake4life
14-10-2007, 18:35
as much as i like amauri, he can tend to be inconsistent, but still manages to score. On a big club like milan or any top team, i dont think he can succeed, but thats my oppinion, you never know.

inter-1908
14-10-2007, 18:39
well amuri coming to milan is exactly like suazo coming to inter, because milan has alot of bigger players example: ronaldo, inzaghi, amauri wont play as much, which will make him more inconsistent, but just an opinion.

hitmannq8
15-10-2007, 03:01
3 subjects to talk about:

1) Banega
Does anyone know what is going on with Banega? I read an article from an unreliable source saying that there's something going on with him and his team. Any Argentinians have any opinion on this?

2) Gourcuff
Im sure the majority of you have recently read his comments in the media talking about how he has little playing time this year and how he expected more. Tuttosport (unreliable source) has stated that Simic and Gourcuff are unhappy and want a January exit. Ofcourse I do not believe that, but I believe that that will eventually happen if Carlo choses not to field him more often. Im afraid Gourcuff did not turn out to be the buy we expected him to be and may just another average player with alot of potential that failed to make it at the big stage. What is your take on this?

3) Ronaldinho
Ronaldinho's exit from Barca seems closer and closer. I think he will leave in June, and what I fear is Milan will be saving up to get him. I worry that this may be the reason for our lack of activity in the previous market, and possibly the winter market too. I hope not, I would take 3 squad players that can be bought using 1/4 of the money that will be needed for Dinho any day. We dont need him, we need an Eto'o, a Sheva, a Ronaldo. Also need an attacking player like Ronaldinho to play on either side of the midfield but some one much more cheaper, someone like Van der Vaart, Robben, Robinho, Rosina.

hishamilan
15-10-2007, 07:33
i am no argentenian but i heard about banega moving for a bigger club in europe but the more important fact is that real madrid owns 50% of his contract

mrki
15-10-2007, 07:42
"During" the Croatia-Isreal game Simic gave an interwiew in which he said that there is no point for him to stay in Milan as he needs to play so he has his playce in EURO with Croatia, he wants to be in top shape for that. Also, one of the Craotia NT players said that Simic wants to leave and that he will in january... we'll see.

Rothen scored for Fance :5ok: !!

Tony75
15-10-2007, 07:51
Simic should be allowed to leave IMO. Deserves better than seing Favalli & Cafu ahead of him.

I could score ve Faroes Isles, so Rothen aint that good, wait let me correct that, he's world class, like me.

zlatanov
15-10-2007, 08:01
Rothen scored for Fance :5ok: !!
good call, Marko ... I have to admit I was wrong about Rothen :(
Now, all Milan management have to do is roll up their sleeves and dig out the names of the other 500+ players who have scored vs the Faroe Islands in the last 3-4 years and go for them :grinser:

Tony75
15-10-2007, 08:21
Well we'd certainly be covered for injuries then.

Hasan Rossonero
15-10-2007, 09:33
good call, Marko ... I have to admit I was wrong about Rothen :(
Now, all Milan management have to do is roll up their sleeves and dig out the names of the other 500+ players who have scored vs the Faroe Islands in the last 3-4 years and go for them :grinser:

:ilol::ilol:

Tony29.
15-10-2007, 11:08
It was a perfectly taken free kick from some 20/25 metres. No keeper would have saved that shot.
If he scored it against Italy it would have been a cracker and when he scores it against Faroes it's nothing special ?

I like Rothen a lot :)

Hasan Rossonero
15-10-2007, 11:13
It was a perfectly taken free kick from some 20/25 metres. No keeper would have saved that shot.
If he scored it against Italy it would have been a cracker and when he scores it against Faroes it's nothing special ?

I like Rothen a lot :)

It was a nice free-kick. I was just laughing at the sarcasm.

mrki
15-10-2007, 12:47
All the sarcasm becouse of a simple joke about Rothen discussion that I had with some members, I think Zlatanov. ( where I explained that players like him, not neccesarily him, can reinforce any world class squad. Obviously I didnt manage to do that as some of you think that they are as good as Rothen.. :rolleyes: )

I dont know whats wrong with you people, you should start WATCHING players and not listening about them. As I've said before, europes "2nd league" clubs are full of top players, if they dont play in Champions league that doesnt mean they are not top class. Not always. Duff, Rothen, Huntelaar, Nasri and so on... Benzema, Grosso ( better player than Marek )Lucarelli, Srna... list goes on. Ribery was also called one of those " we can buy every player that plays a good season..." players, but look at what he is doing now.

And do you know how and why France coach used Rothen in this one? Becose he needed a wide played to break through a tight defence... sounds familiar?? Rothen is not necessary, a player like him is.

zlatanov
15-10-2007, 12:53
would like to see proof of that ;) ... it was a very good FK but far from perfect as the ball flew in at moderate height close to a meter from the keeper's left post ... again, a well taken kick but you see these saved several times a game.
Of course it would matter who is on goal - the outcome of a free kick, and how that free kick is taken, depends heavily on the position of the wall (determined by the keeper) and the position of the keeper himself, so saying that Rothen would have scored that same free kick vs any keeper is ... well, you find a word :D

In that same line of thinking, I can't help it but remember how a free kick during Abbiati's times at Milan felt more like an empty goal PK vs any decent, not great, but just decent free kick taker ... compare that to how rarely Dida with all his insecurity fairs at free kicks :)

yeah, it woud have been cause in Italy's case he is scoring it against Buffon, while for the FI it was probably a waiter, a dentist, or a carpenter who was doing the GKing ... some would say there is a slight difference, don;t you think :diablo:

I like Rothen a lot :)hmm, and I thought you were just carrying a weapon :grinser:

zlatanov
15-10-2007, 13:07
All the sarcasm becouse of a simple joke about Rothen discussion that I had with some members, I think Zlatanov. ( where I explained that players like him, not neccesarily him, can reinforce any world class squad. Obviously I didnt manage to do that as some of you think that they are as good as Rothen.. :rolleyes: )

I dont know whats wrong with you people, you should start WATCHING players and not listening about them. As I've said before, europes "2nd league" clubs are full of top players, if they dont play in Champions league that doesnt mean they are not top class. Not always. Duff, Rothen, Huntelaar, Nasri and so on... Benzema, Grosso ( better player than Marek )Lucarelli, Srna... list goes on. Ribery was also called one of those " we can buy every player that plays a good season..." players, but look at what he is doing now.

And do you know how and why France coach used Rothen in this one? Becose he needed a wide played to break through a tight defence... sounds familiar?? Rothen is not necessary, a player like him is.
marko, let me make something clear - I have nothing against Rothen, in fact I have also thought about him as a possible new signing for Milan long before you mentioned him a couple of weeks ago ... the above was just a joke given how happy you were that a player you mentioned once scored a goal and that seemed like a proof of how he is worthy of Milan (not saying he is not, but scoring a goal vs FI is hardly a proof of that and makes for a very weak argument if any)

anyways, as I said I like Rothen myself ... the reason why made that post a couple of weeks ago was not that you were mentioning Rothen but the really funny sense of "being right and better than the others" in your post with all that assumption that every whim of yours is better than all the millions of whims this thread is filled with, when in reality you lack any credentials whatsoever to support that statement with ... except for an "I am not one of trose 15 yo teenagers who change favourite players every other day" ... especially, when you, just several months earlier, had felt insulted (I have to say you are quite a softy ;)) by me when I said that getting Dinho and thinking that that would solve everything is "naive".

Back then you were one of the many people who probably thought I needed a head transplant for not wanting Dinho in Milan ... then, however, Dinho gets into a period of bad form and all of a sudden I find a lot of support for my "crazy" opinion ... needless to say, over several months you had changed your opinion on Dinho on 180 deg. for two reasons:
1) he was no longer looking good
2) the main flow of opinion here at MM had shifted ... i.e. Whim River had taken a new course :)

Then all of a sudden you come up with Rothen out of nowhere - one of god knows how many names thrown in over the course of several months - and you claim that you are not like the teenagres, who simply don't know what they want ... well, maybe it's just me but I find that to be a little out of place and out of touch at least with the picture I have for what has been said here over the past couple of years or so.

Now, I don't want you take my words too deep and get insulted again but give a little more thought and you will probably see that the way your opinion of a players changes is not much different than how others want one player one day, and when he doesn;t perform up to par for a month, they just find someone else to "push" for ... it's just human nature, nothing shameful in it, I guess, everyone does it, including me :)

mrki
15-10-2007, 14:54
Zlat, please man, im not interesten in posting long psichodelyc posts, this is football we are talking about. How the hell can I earn my credentials on an internet forum??? It doesnt matter anyway.

Please hear what im saying for 100th time! Rothen was just an example player, not a player I choose in the mass on players running around so I decided to talk about him. Duff is even better palyer if we are to go in detail analysis, its just that I mentioned Rothen as he can play well as a LB also.

Rothen was, to repeat, an example of a player we need. Wide player that has tactical abilities and is a EU player. Enough of him.

Sorry Zlat, but I dont really find myself offended by someone I never saw in my life and who I see only as a post with Galliani's face by it. No offence man, but it would be sick if someone can really get offended on the internet. It does bother me in some way I do have to admit that we dont understand eachother. MAybe we need to sit for a drink and talk about foot5ball for a night :)

My comment for Rothen goal was a simple joke about how he scored. I didnt mean to say: " I told you! Im God! "

Ronaldinho? Has my vote always, Barca had enough of him, he had enough of Barcelona, as far as Im concerned he can come anyday.

Bosniaco
15-10-2007, 15:59
wow guys take it easy on mrki. I say Rothen is an avrage player, great goal over the weekend.

Whats up with GAlliani talking rubbish? He said Emerson is not old. Ofcourse not because we have players like Cafu (37), Serginho (36), Favalli (35)...etc.

Jeff
15-10-2007, 16:00
Some big words from Galliani:

MILAN - At the end of the works at the Panorama Commerciale, Adriano Galliani talked about all the football subjects to the journalists present. Here are some of the themes he talked about, after the Delegate Administrator's introductory words on the team ("Milan are getting back some of their injured players and with these recoveries we will have the chance to do more turnover. In that sense the match in Bilbao gave positive responses regarding Maldini and Serginho. The team's physical condition is improving, we are coming off a great match played in Rome against Lazio, for the rest we will do all we can to finish within the top four teams in the league as always, which doesn't mean we are aiming for fourth place but that we want to be at least in the first four positions, to go on in the Champions League, and to collect our third great trophy of the year 2007 in December, to win a real Club World Cup would be truly extraordinary"):

DIDA
Someone connected the sentences after Celtic-Milan to Uefa's reprimand in 2006. Adriano Galliani's answer: "Uefa's reprimand in 2006 has been cancelled out by two wonderful letters written by President Platini after the victory in Athens and the one in Montecarlo. For the rest, at the moment I don't yet know the motivations, so I'd rather not speak about something I don't know all about. In any case, we will make an appeal to cancel out or at least halve the entity of this suspension. By now it seems people have forgotten that a man entered the field and hit our player, that someone was left unpunished. The sentence is unbalanced. Dida to appeal? I don't think it's necessary, but it depends on the motivations. We'll do what our attorney Cantamessa says. In any case Dida is an ultra-disciplined person and he will do what the club tells him. Again, we think this punishment is excessive because Milan did nothing to influence the result and because any doctor in the world would take out a player who says he is dizzy, a fact on which Milan have been absolved by Uefa. Dida won't talk? Everyone has their own character, Dida is quiet even when we win, and he was a protagonist in all the seven trophies we've won in these years. Dida doesn't talk much, it's in his character and we should accept that. In any case Milan have three more goalkeepers out on loan, Storari of Levante, Coppola of Atalanta, and Abbiati of Athletic Madrid, aside from the three we have in our squad. Dida can make mistakes just like any other player in our squad, he's won a lot with us and he has our trust. So we don't think we have a goalkeeping problem and he will remain our keeper for the following years.

RONALDO
"He's improving, let's see whether he will be able to play on Sunday, but the doctors tell me he's clearly improving. Ronaldo had an injury and he's recovering within the periods established by the medical sector. There are no different treatments with Ronaldo compared to other players, like Maldini and Serginho, who are recovering. Ronaldo is doing so well at Milan that no one will take him away from us. Now Ronaldo is recovering, then he will play and then we will think about the contract. Before the end of their contracts no one will leave Milan. Only one star left us and he still regrets having done that. If Ronaldo comes back we will have the entire squad available and this is very important because we will be playing every three days. Our season is also more complex because of the Club World Cup, we will be playing two league games in February and March that we would normally be playing in December. So if, as we are hoping, we go on in the Champions League, we will play every three days in 2008 as well, so having the whole squad available will be very important. Sure, these are the kinds of problems I would like to have every year."

OTHER PLAYERS
"Gourcuff is partly right when he says that he hoped he would get more playing time, because that's what he agreed on with our coach last summer. But that was before we got the chance to sign Emerson, even though we had told Gourcuff we would buy no one in midfield to allow him more playing time. However, Gourcuff has to understand he is lucky to be playing in the team that has won the most trophies in the world, and if he is really that good he should be able to break through into the side, even if now we have one more midfielder. Nevertheless, I can understand his situation and I didn't get angry about what he said. Emerson? We think he's an important player and we bought him knowing about his qualities. He can play in Pirlo's role and also in other positions. The player is doing well and is improving. Maldini? For us he's important even when he doesn't play, his closeness to the team and the dressing room is strongly felt. From a technical point of view, the Maldini we saw in Bilbao is a player who adds a lot to our defensive department technically. Player requests? Our fences have closed after Shevchenko left. Then we look at the singular cases: if the interest of the player coincides with that of the club we go on, otherwise the contracts are respected. It goes for everyone. Chelsea? I'm tired of repeating that these stories are without fundament. The only club who asked us about Kaká was Real Madrid, who were kindly invited not to insist... Contract renewals and changes are internal to our club, Kaká has a contract until 2011 and he will respect it."

PATO
"Our coach tells me he's doing very well. From January he will be one of our four strikers. Then it will be up to the coach to decide who plays between Ronaldo, Pato, Gilardino, and Inzaghi, even though, from January, Ronaldo will also be available and we will probably play with two strikers and a playmaker. Pato's age is neither an advantage nor a disadvantage. So, in January, all we shall do is add Pato, a great striker, to our squad. There will be nothing else. In Bilbao it was right that Pato played just 45 minutes, if our staff felt that they did not want to take any risks. By the way, Pato will not be with us in our winter training camp in Dubai as he still has to take care of some formalities in Brazil regarding his move to Italy, where he has a regular working contract with Milan. But he will be available by the first league game of 2008, on 13 January against Napoli, while we will be visiting Dubai to meet with our new sponsors Emirates. In Dubai we will also be playing a friendly, with the national team or with a club side. Pato? He's an out-and-out striker. And I say again, Milan intend to play with a 4-3-3 system. I know Seedorf is not the same player as Gilardino, but I consider the players who are up front to be the strikers. I think it's bizarre when they say, for example, that when Gilardino has scored it was a striker's goal, while if Kaká or Seedorf the strikers did not score. They are our three attacking players at the moment."

OTHER THEMES
"Bronzetti? He's not our employee. We collaborate with him. Ronaldinho? Barcelona know of our interest, but president Laporta owns him and still considers him unsellable. I saw Ronaldinho last night, with Brazil, along with Kaká. The market? It's our affair. President Berlusconi in 20 years has won 25 trophies and finished second 16 times, he doesn't have to justify himself to one. The market is our business, president Berlusconi does it with my help. The choices, Kaká, Oliveira, they are all our choices. Then you judge. Then it's up the censors to judge, but we don't owe anyone any justifications."

source: www.acmilan.com

inter-1908
15-10-2007, 16:37
I thought for sure this year, because milan didnt make so many transfers what so ever that they were planing a multi-million dollar offer for ronaldhino, but it didnt work out. Now especially because Gilardino has been misfirring lately, that they bring in a striker such as ronaldhino, and if he is out of price range, then there are many others, such as messi del piero seems to be on his way out, it is a possibility. I dont expect amove anytime in january likely if any big transfer as that one, it would happen in the summer.

kris
16-10-2007, 07:11
3) Ronaldinho
Ronaldinho's exit from Barca seems closer and closer. I think he will leave in June, and what I fear is Milan will be saving up to get him. I worry that this may be the reason for our lack of activity in the previous market, and possibly the winter market too. I hope not, I would take 3 squad players that can be bought using 1/4 of the money that will be needed for Dinho any day. We dont need him, we need an Eto'o, a Sheva, a Ronaldo. Also need an attacking player like Ronaldinho to play on either side of the midfield but some one much more cheaper, someone like Van der Vaart, Robben, Robinho, Rosina.

This is what I believe and it makes sense in several ways (although it is far from certain). This summers market, his higher wage costs for Barcelona next year, possible unrest in Barcelona, them having ready made replacements (ok not really ready-made) in the squad.

I have no idea why you think we would need someone cheaper. Why go for a inferior player that possibly wouldn't improve the squad? Makes no sense, unless we talk about squad depth.

but the more important fact is that real madrid owns 50% of his contract

That is neither a fact nor true. There have been some rumours that they have a option on him, nothing more.

Maurizio
16-10-2007, 13:49
Supposvely we are after Amauri and Riquelme.

Mehdi
16-10-2007, 15:17
Supposvely we are after Amauri and Riquelme.

There is zero truth to the Riquelme rumour. Yesterday in the rec. sport.soccer newsgroup in a discussion about Riquelme I suggested we should sign him as he would be good back up for Pirlo and Kaka'. Today C4 publish a story claiming we're interested. Idiots.

Hasan Rossonero
16-10-2007, 15:22
There is zero truth to the Riquelme rumour. Yesterday in the rec. sport.soccer newsgroup in a discussion about Riquelme I suggested we should sign him as he would be good back up for Pirlo and Kaka'. Today C4 publish a story claiming we're interested. Idiots.

Channel 4 translates stories from the Italian press. Channel 4 can be infuriating, but your ire is misdirected in this case. In this case, I believe the story was originally published in Corriere dello Sport.

Mehdi
16-10-2007, 15:32

That's a remarkable coincidence.

inter-1908
16-10-2007, 17:00
Milan are already a stacked team, and can compete with any team and europe so thats whats important. I think they need to make a transfer that will benfeit them more in the Serie A. if they can win champions league theres no reason why milan cant win serie A they need to make a transfer for a player that has good serie A experience.

Kaka--7thUCL
16-10-2007, 22:36
we need riquelme amauri is pretty good but i can't see him playing with team like milan or inter or whoever, he's good where he is. for now, the best mercato would be buying alves and riquelme

kris
17-10-2007, 03:22

The story was in Gazzetta Dello sport.

Hasan Rossonero
17-10-2007, 08:15
The story was in Gazzetta Dello sport.

It might well have been. I didn't read the paper from that date.

Channel 4 reported the headline from Corriere:

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/paperssay.html

kris
17-10-2007, 08:31
I think Gazzetta said something more like "how we looked at him" and the day later (yesterday) talked about players whom didn't get playing time in their club and mentioned him again.

Ghost
17-10-2007, 08:59
Looks like Barca want to replace Zambrotta with Lahm (well its all over the news), do you think this gives us the opportunity to nick him?

Is it me or does Barcelona seem to be the new galactico's?

ThrusT
17-10-2007, 09:06
Looks like Barca want to replace Zambrotta with Lahm (well its all over the news), do you think this gives us the opportunity to nick him?

Is it me or does Barcelona seem to be the new galactico's?
Zambrotta would solve our problems, the man plays RB and LB , the two areas we need backup.
The only thing that worries me is , will he be able to get his old form back?