PDA

View Full Version : Winter Mercato

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47

Tony29.
17-10-2007, 09:23
Zambrotta would solve our problems, the man plays RB and LB , the two areas we need backup.
The only thing that worries me is , will he be able to get his old form back?
What old form ? His form was perfect, i'd say even better than his Juve form.
He played fantastic this year, before the injury.

Hasan Rossonero
17-10-2007, 09:39
What old form ? His form was perfect, i'd say even better than his Juve form.
He played fantastic this year, before the injury.

Yep. The problem is that he doesn't get as much exposure in La Liga. Zambrotta is one of my favourite players. Pure world class talent on display.

How far he has come. Remember how he was skinned alive by Zenden in the Euro2000 semi-final? I remember thinking if this guy was just a bit quicker, he would be one of the best. Then he sort of compensated with his positioning.

Hands down, for me, the best fullback in the world.

Warro Bantan
17-10-2007, 11:25
While I wouldnt mind of Riquelme came to Milan, I dont see him working with Ancelotti´s system, but he would make an ideal "Pirlo" replacement....ie sub

Graeme C
17-10-2007, 11:26
i really like Zambrotta but to me he would only be a temporary solution. If he can come cheap he would be a great squad player as he can play both lb/rb.

acdc81
17-10-2007, 12:46
cafu arrived when he was 33 years old. zambrotta would be 31 and a half next summer. i think we should not hesitate if he were available next summer.

mrki
17-10-2007, 13:07
Zambrotta is the best fullback in the world and the perfect solution for us. I really hope we have any chance to sign him at any cost...

hishamilan
17-10-2007, 13:17
no! zammbrotta isn't the best solution for us , he might be a proven player in fullback but we need a younger player who will be proven this year and 5 upcoming years like we bought kaka and guys galliani says we will have inzaghi gila rony and pato only where is aubameyang will this goal machine be kicked out also why do gourcuff complain a big mouth he will play in the cup in the world clubs cup and in the league sometimes that enough for him

inter-1908
17-10-2007, 16:01
Milan has enough good players and they prove that, in their ability to dominate in Europe. Mabe they need 1 more defender, Zambrotta as mentioned at the top is a good option, but at what cost? and is Barcelona even willing to let him go that easy. Zambrotta did say though and i remeber reading it in the summer that he would like to end his career at Milan so if that were to happpen it would happen soon.

remote2book
17-10-2007, 17:12
i wonder if we can ever aquire karim benzima from lyon...he is young .....fast...amazing talent...and has a nose for goal....i really doubt lyon will sell him and its weird how the only frenchmen that we have in recent years is gorcuff

inter-1908
17-10-2007, 17:17
It seems that milan is in for all the brazilian players. I think that trend will most likely continue into the next transfer market, with the purchase of ronaldhino i hope.

jpick
17-10-2007, 23:58
i wonder if we can ever aquire karim benzima from lyon...he is young .....fast...amazing talent...and has a nose for goal....i really doubt lyon will sell him and its weird how the only frenchmen that we have in recent years is gorcuff

I really like benzema a lot, but he will be expensive. he would do very well in serie a i think, though.

kris
18-10-2007, 04:27
You always have to overpay for Lyon players, just like the Sevilla ones.

Karim
18-10-2007, 06:51
It seems that milan is in for all the brazilian players. I think that trend will most likely continue into the next transfer market, with the purchase of ronaldhino i hope.
An interista HOPING for Ronnie to go to Milan :str:

Tony29.
18-10-2007, 07:10
Looks like Barca want to replace Zambrotta with Lahm (well its all over the news) ?
This rumour is pure BS !

Not the part about Zambrotta. I can see Barca selling him this or next summer. But Lahm replacing Zambrotta is pure BS because :

1. Bayern will not sell Lahm. Bayern never sell German NT players, especially the most talented German youngster. It's as simple as that, as one member here says. Schweinsteiger and Lahm will play in Bayern for a long long time.

2. How can Lahm replace Zambrotta ?
Lahm is a pure LB. Barca's LB is Eric Abidal.
If Lahm goes to Barca he can replace only Abidal, not Zambrotta who is a RB in Barcelona.

zlatanov
18-10-2007, 07:51
This rumour is pure BS !

Not the part about Zambrotta. I can see Barca selling him this or next summer. But Lahm replacing Zambrotta is pure BS because :

1. Bayern will not sell Lahm. Bayern never sell German NT players, especially the most talented German youngster. It's as simple as that, as one member here says. Schweinsteiger and Lahm will play in Bayern for a long long time.

If Lahm goes to Barca he can replace only Abidal, not Zambrotta who is a RB in Barcelona.

Good points but in this case, all wrong :D

1. It seems like Lahm's contract with bayern expires in 2009, so next summer he will have only one year left on his contract and Bayern may well find themselves forced to sell.
Of course there is always the chance he would renew but if Barca is really after him, I have no doubt which team he would choose.

2. Bayern's RB until this year was Sagnol but he was injured from last year and they streted the new season with lahm at RB and jansen ar LB (jansen has been great in that position this year, at least from what I've seen) and these two fit in so well that there were suggestions Sagnol would lose his starting place at RB.
If, however, Bayern do fail to extend Lahm's contract, having Sagnol and Jansen on the team is another reason why they would most likely opt to get some money for Lahm until they can.

jpick
18-10-2007, 08:00
they were forced to part with ballack, who was german national team, and that hurt, maybe they would sell to avoid that situation happening again? and as zlat mentioned, he plays both sides also, though you don't think of him as being as ambidextrous as zambrotta.
respect your opinions a lot, but i think that one is a little off personally. :uhm:

Ghost
18-10-2007, 09:16
Drogba to drop Chelsea bombshell

Didier Drogba is set to drop a massive bombshell on Chelsea in an interview to be published in France Football on Friday.

The Ivory Coast attacker, whose country qualified for the African Cup of Nations finals this week, has been unsettled by manager Jose Mourinho's departure.

Although often stressing some doubts over his long-term future, the latest comments are sure to leave major question marks surrounding his Stamford Bridge career.

"I want to leave Chelsea," he is quoted as claiming by France Football in their cover story of the magazine that hits the shelves on Friday morning.

"Something is broken with Chelsea."

The African attacker, who won last season's English Golden Boot and is a key figure for the West Londoners, has expressed a desire to quit the capital side at the end of the campaign.

"The damage has been big in the dressing room because we know now what happened and who caused Mourinho's departure," Drogba explained.

"Nothing can stop me from leaving now.

"I know that Ronaldinho and Kaka are linked to come next season but even that won't change my mind."

Drogba, who struggled to settle initially before setting The Premier League alight with his goals and powerful all-round attacking play, has incredibly revealed he was unhappy at the club ever since day one.

"Since the day I arrived, I wanted to leave Chelsea and then again every summer," he is quoted as saying.

http://sports.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2007/10/18/Premier-League-Drogba-bombshell/?facets/sport-space/great-britain-locale/

I think he would fit perfect in our style of play.

Rico
18-10-2007, 09:22
He is welcome in Milan. All it takes is for him is to realise the beauty of Milan. Honestly it only takes a four year old to see that he is an amazing striker. Seeing him in Milan would make me very happy.

Is it realistic? Maybe.

Kaka1899
18-10-2007, 09:34
He is welcome in Milan. All it takes is for him is to realise the beauty of Milan. Honestly it only takes a four year old to see that he is an amazing striker. Seeing him in Milan would make me very happy.

Is it realistic? Maybe.
not maybe, Very, thats if the managment are willing to shell out for him.

Tony29.
18-10-2007, 09:43
Good points but in this case, all wrong :D

1. It seems like Lahm's contract with bayern expires in 2009, so next summer he will have only one year left on his contract and Bayern may well find themselves forced to sell.
Of course there is always the chance he would renew but if Barca is really after him, I have no doubt which team he would choose.

2. Bayern's RB until this year was Sagnol but he was injured from last year and they streted the new season with lahm at RB and jansen ar LB (jansen has been great in that position this year, at least from what I've seen) and these two fit in so well that there were suggestions Sagnol would lose his starting place at RB.
If, however, Bayern do fail to extend Lahm's contract, having Sagnol and Jansen on the team is another reason why they would most likely opt to get some money for Lahm until they can.
Hmm, i had no idea he can play RB. I've seen Jansen covering LB but i thought it's because Lahm was injured or smthg. And i don't know why i thought he can't play RB when he's right footed :rolleyes:

I don't agree that Lahm will chose Barca over Bayern though. Unless he's offered a much bigger wage in Barca, he'll stay in Bayern without any doubts, imo. If Bayern wants him to stay, then i'm sure he'll stay. The Bavarians are building a team that will repeat the glory days and i think they count on Lahm.

This won't change too much regarding Zambrotta's transfer out of Spain. Lahm or no Lahm, i expect them to be opened for offers during the summer. Buying Lahm will only speed up the process and lower up Zambro's price.

Blacktop
18-10-2007, 11:39

"I know that Ronaldinho and Kaka are linked to come next season but even that won't change my mind."

"Since the day I arrived, I wanted to leave Chelsea and then again every summer," he is quoted as saying.
I really have a hard time believing the legitimacy of this article based on these quotes, especially the first. The Dinho-to-Chelsea rumors were scrapped nearly a month ago.

Tony29.
18-10-2007, 11:46
Bronzetti said Dida will 100% stay in Milan and he won't be replaced in January ;)

Blacktop
18-10-2007, 12:04
If Drogba's so adamant that he never enjoyed playing for Chelsea, why did he sign a four-year extension last season?

zlatanov
18-10-2007, 12:12
If Drogba's so adamant that he never enjoyed playing for Chelsea, why did he sign a four-year extension last season?
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and lot's of it

:D

Nalx
18-10-2007, 12:30
Besides, who ever thought that Mourinho would leave so soon...

Paolo3
18-10-2007, 12:31
When Sheva went to Chelsea rumors were that Chelsea wanted to include Drogba and/or Crespo on the deal to lower the transfer, were those rumors true and Milan simply didn't think Drogba as a good replacement for Sheva at that time? or those rumors were simply BS?

Nalx
18-10-2007, 12:39
Back then it was Abramovich who wanted to have Sheva. Mourinho couldn't do much about it, but he obviously didn't want to release Drogba, a player he deems highly and irreplacable. So it wasn't that Milan didn't think Drogba is good enough.

Warro Bantan
18-10-2007, 14:03
The issue for me is more: Can he find a place? Unless management is willing to let Pippo go, (which, knowing our management philosophy, would see him taking the role of "dive instructor coach/player until he is like 45), IMO, Drogba wont be bought.

On the other hand, I am sure Carlo would want him, and it begs the following question: Does Pippo really expect to feature for Milan next term? If not, and he is willing to be 5th place, then Drogba will be here on Berlu´s plane in a heartbeat....I am quite sure of that.

Gila, Pato, R99, Drogba, Pippo....surely awesome attacking options for any team?

HO-YOUNG
18-10-2007, 14:49
Quote:

I really have a hard time believing the legitimacy of this article based on these quotes, especially the first. The Dinho-to-Chelsea rumors were scrapped nearly a month ago.

That is a miss quote,
Drogba said he has 'wanted to leave Stamford Bridge since the day he arrived' and says he wants a transfer to Barcelona, Real Madrid, AC Milan or Inter Milan.

he is saying that he wanted to leave ever since GRANT arrived.
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=473610&cc=5739

Mr. Anonymous
18-10-2007, 14:57
http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/oct18l.html

I mean if what is reported in this article is true :rolleyes: this guy is practially begging at this point to come to Milan.
As we need another legitimate, healthy, experienced scorer this guy fit the bill to a tee.

Buy him now and play Drogba & Pato in the league & play Ronaldo & Gila Champions League & Italian Cup games

Pippo can come on as a sub in all situations.

Bosniaco
18-10-2007, 14:57
I would only take Drogba to replace Pippo since he is 34 and all done. Maybe we should keep Pippo too just to play against Bayern.:)

HO-YOUNG
18-10-2007, 15:00
This rumour is pure BS !

remember that Lahm is a pure right footed player. Opening goal world cup 2006!!!

Tony75
18-10-2007, 15:38
Maldini is a right footed lb. He didn't do too bad for himself.

inter-1908
18-10-2007, 15:41
Drogba to milan?:There is increasing speculation that Chelsea ace Didier Drogba will join Milan after the Ivorian hitman spelled out his desire to leave London.

Since the departure of popular manager Jose Mourinho a number of Chelsea stars have been linked with moves, but it seems Drogba could be the first to reach the exit.

“I want to leave Chelsea and nothing can stop me now,” he told France Football.

“The damage in the dressing room is serious because we now know what happened and who caused Mourinho’s departure.

“I know that Ronaldinho and Kaka have been tipped to come here next season, but even that won’t change my mind.”

Drogba has recently confessed that he would happily move to Italy and stressed his great respect for Milan.

The Rossoneri are reportedly searching for an alternative to Brazilian striker Ronaldo, as El Fenomeno is notoriously injury-plagued.

It is suspected that Didier’s latest comments will lead to the first official meeting between representatives of the two clubs.

remote2book
18-10-2007, 15:42
this is what i said since jose left chelsea...that players are going to be unsettelled...and drogba was one of jose's fav ..he was always prefered over sheva....i think he wud be a reallly good buy for us...he has a strong physical presence up front...now i think it just depends on our managment..i really hope we pay the required money to buy him

inter-1908
18-10-2007, 15:51
well now that jose has left, we dont know what the new coach might prefer to do. Milan has been linked with so many top class players either in january or the summer they have to get at least one!

Tony75
18-10-2007, 15:53
Not really. Didn't get any during summer. Got one and half during winter. no guarantee we won't end up with another Emerson/Ba/Favalli summer.

inter-1908
18-10-2007, 16:04
Emerson was a good buy not nesseceraly huge, when i say big buy i mena ronaldhino, drogba..and hey not sure what you guys think of the return of sheva?

Warro Bantan
18-10-2007, 16:17
RECOBA, re the return of $heva, I believe there is a thread on that very subject in the Players section.

Also, just a gentle reminder for those who have forgotten, or like RECOBA, just dont kno:

When posting portions of, or the entire article from some other website/newspaper/tv program, please also include the source of said info.

Thanks

inter-1908
18-10-2007, 16:40
RECOBA, re the return of $heva, I believe there is a thread on that very subject in the Players section.

Also, just a gentle reminder for those who have forgotten, or like RECOBA, just dont kno:

When posting portions of, or the entire article from some other website/newspaper/tv program, please also include the source of said info.

Thanks

Sorry, Warro will qoute source next time, just to let everyone know though that all the articles that were posted by me are from football italia. :5ok:

inter-1908
18-10-2007, 16:51
apparently, didas recent reaction to the light slap in the face he recieved cause milans president to think about buying a new keeper. Didas form has dropped in the last few years, but im not to sure about how true those rumours are. It wasnt even stated whch keeper, it is that they wanted to buy apprently hes 19 though.

hitmannq8
18-10-2007, 17:25
We all know about Drogba recently saying he wants to leave Chelsea, but we dont know know that Drogba has actually said he wants to play for one of the following four clubs: Milan, Inter, Real Madrid or Barcelona, and after them back to Marseille. Its on calciomercato, which may have taken it from France Football.

inter-1908
18-10-2007, 18:08
i know for sure though that inter will not go for frogba especially the fact that recoba will be returning to inter at the end of the year, i can completely rule out a move to inter, they wont allow 7 strikers.

Maurizio
18-10-2007, 20:36
Milan Offer $8 Million For The Services Of Riquelme

According to reports from the Argentine press European champions AC Milan have offered Villarreal $8 million for the services of gifted Argentine playmaker Juan Roman Riquelme.

Riquelme, who played a key role, as Argentina won their opening two 2010 World Cup qualifiers, has not made a single appearance for Villarreal in Spain’s La Liga this season, after a conflict with the club's Chilean manager Manuel Pellegrini.

The Argentine international is desperately looking for a new club, and is likely to have his wish come true when the transfer window re-opens.

He has recently been chased by the likes of Atletico Madrid, Real Betis, Manchester City, and former club Boca Juniors, but according to the journal there’s a good possibility that he will join AC Milan.

Milan, who are rumoured to have offered Villarreal $8 million for the midfielder, have not been in top form this season, and have been looking for a player with his rare qualities.

Despite not having played any club football this season, Riquelme was still called up to the Argentine national team squad by team manager Alfio Basile for the World Cup qualifiers.

Riquelme once again proved his undisputed class, scoring two outstanding free-kicks as Argentina defeated Chile 2-0 in Buenos Aires on Saturday.

The midfielder then set-up Argentina’s first goal as they beat Venezuela by the same score-line in Maracaibo on Tusday.

http://www.goal.com/en-us/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=451166

Hmm.....

Kaka--7thUCL
18-10-2007, 21:39
hmm. that new article on goal about drogba being all unsettled really makes me wonder.. Out of all the opportunities we had to buy strikers, did we ever once give the amount they were asking for? I realize they know what has to be done, but honestly, if we needed a striker, i'd offer in advance for someone good, i'm positive if we had went for eto'o as long and put as much effort into his purchase like we did with r10, we'd be a lot more succesful, now we have no r10, or etoo.

Jeff
18-10-2007, 21:50
Riquelme will be a good buy in my opinion (if it's true). He has the splitting skills that has left us since Rui Costa has gone. I hope he'll join us.

Kaka--7thUCL
18-10-2007, 21:58
he'd fit in well with pirlo and our other midfield, we need more creativity, imo a more creative midfield would help our wings and set up more one man plays for players like gila who can apparently score most one v one with goalie situations.

peters
19-10-2007, 00:24
Riquelme? He may be good for us but i really dont wanna see another aged primadonna playing for us. I want pace, not another tired ego on the field.

Graeme C
19-10-2007, 03:49
Riquelme? He may be good for us but i really dont wanna see another aged primadonna playing for us. I want pace, not another tired ego on the field.

so Rosina then :5ok:

Ghost
19-10-2007, 06:45
I can see the differences between Milan and Chelsea.

Sheva said he wanted to leave - so what do we do? We sell him immediately.

Drogba says he wants to leave - what do Chelsea do?

Having stressed that he would like to play in Italy, it had been believed that Milan and Inter were ready to do battle for Drogba’s signature, but Chelsea deny the rumour.

“Drogba signed a four-year contract last year,” Blues chief Roman Abramovich stressed in a statement on the club’s website.

“As a top-level professional we have faith that Didier will honour his deal at Chelsea.”

Channel 4.

Hmmmm.

Nalx
19-10-2007, 06:46

He's as old as Rino :respect: He might not has the pace, but neither does Pirlo. Players like them are supposed to deliver the ball, not to dribble pass the opponent all the way to the penalty box

Tony75
19-10-2007, 08:13
But we need dribblers as ther'e not much point in passing to gila/inzaghi nowdays. Wasted signing, not needed IMO.

HO-YOUNG
19-10-2007, 09:22
Riquelme would be a great asset to the team, he will return the rui costa ball play and give defenders something to worry about. Kaka wont have to pass the ball to himself anymore...Someone said he has no pace, kids run and waste energy...grown players let the ball work for them...Valdarama use to walk in the middle for Columbia, ZZ had no pace. He can score from any situation and is a proven class act...

Reliability....unlike Villareal, at milan he wont have the pressure of being the only one that can deliver the goods, he will be just another star among many stars.

Lets see what they do with our money in the winter...

Tony75
19-10-2007, 10:30
To play with him means incresing the work load on other players, and since our system is based around Pirlo finding space to dictate we shouldn't have him doing more work for a primmadonna. I'd say give Gourcuff more chance to shine, and keep the 8 mill for a young defender or keeper.

HO-YOUNG
19-10-2007, 10:58
To play with him means incresing the work load on other players, and since our system is based around Pirlo finding space to dictate we shouldn't have him doing more work for a primmadonna. I'd say give Gourcuff more chance to shine, and keep the 8 mill for a young defender or keeper.

8 mill is a drop on the bucket for Milan...Gorky does not command the respect of the opposition and he is taking too long to prove his worth...Gorky gives away the ball easily, doesnt draw enough fouls in the offensive third, and lack confidence to shoot at goal...I cant give away certain for uncertain, as a fan i dont agree with all the signings that the club makes...picking up an average joe (Gorky) when there were talents such as Niko kranjcar, Nasri and others was a mistake...you cant make a diamond out of dry wood overnight...

8 mil to acquire such a developed talent is not bad...and we can afford many more

Tony75
19-10-2007, 11:09
Gourcuff wasn't bought on the spur of a moment. he proved himself in France, it's just he hasn't got a consistent run in the team to allow himself gain confidence & display his true ability. If we keep signing 30 plus players, we'll end up severly ripped off in the market by other teams. Mark my words.

HO-YOUNG
19-10-2007, 11:35
Gourcuff wasn't bought on the spur of a moment. he proved himself in France, it's just he hasn't got a consistent run in the team to allow himself gain confidence & display his true ability. If we keep signing 30 plus players, we'll end up severly ripped off in the market by other teams. Mark my words.

Agree with the fact that we sign too many old players and we need to reduce the age of the squad and yet not compromise integrity and quality of our play...But consider the possible return on the 8 mil. One more UCL. More milage on TV revenue in the champions league run.

at present the scouts dont have the know how to convince the the bosses to spend on the talent that they get paid to find...then why send to find them...

Milan is the only club that players can come to if they want a CL medal...our record in the the CL is a magnet for players...
Players would take paycuts to win a CL medal...

administration needs to stop squeezing the money.

Mr. Anonymous
19-10-2007, 11:36
he is taking too long to prove his worth.

IMO He hasn't played regularly enough to to prove anything either way.

Nobody can truly say they know what type of worth the kid has or doesn't have with the time he's had on the pitch. (and that's to no fault of his own)

It's interesting people either think he is the New Zindane in waiting, or is a total scrub.

If given half the time Gila has been given, a proper assesment could be made.

You think Juve wish they had been a little more patient, spent a little more time developing & experimenting with Henry?

HO-YOUNG
19-10-2007, 11:42
IMO He hasn't played regularly enough to to prove anything either way.

Nobody can truly say they know what type of worth the kid has or doesn't have with the time he's had on the pitch. (and that's to no fault of his own)

It's interesting people either think he is the New Zindane in waiting, or is a total scrub.

If given half the time Gila has been given, a proper assesment could be made.

You think Juve wish they had been a little more patient, spent a little more time developing & experimenting with Henry?

You have a point. I think he is lacking time because milan is not winning games in the first 60 or 70 minutes for the coach to pull one of the starters to give him playing time...one the other hand if he proves in traing that he can be a match winner then i dont see why the coach shouldn't put him on with 30 or 20 minutes to go.
I still think Riquelme would be a good signing...

Mr. Anonymous
19-10-2007, 11:57
administration needs to stop squeezing the money.

Yeap...they're proving to have short arms and deep pockets.

I do agree, we haven't been leading games which doesn't allow him to be featured as we are too concerned about attempting to win the game.

However the other way to look at that is, we lost those stretch of games with him on the bench...so could it have really hurt anymore if we had put him in to see if he could do something?

Anyways that's the past..hopefully we can get on the winning track and give the young man his chances.

HO-YOUNG
19-10-2007, 12:20
Sure, if Gila got a chance (time) to prove, then he should...
However, it is said that footballers and canines are similar... in that...it must be born in mind that all puppies are pretty and adorable...so you must be carefull what you buy...Pay for pedigree because it looks like pedigree but when it starts to grow it turns out to be a mongrel...

NAMMY
19-10-2007, 13:35
I have a feeling that Real Madrid would be able to afford Drogba's services given their recent transfers, though I hope we will sign him.

inter-1908
19-10-2007, 15:59
I have a feeling that Real Madrid would be able to afford Drogba's services given their recent transfers, though I hope we will sign him.
Unfortunately as much as maybe some AC Milan fans want this player, the end descision comes down to Drogba and his agent and what they feel is right. I think Real Madrid is loaded right now they have many great players, and adding Droba can only make them better, but he is of no use to him, just a money vacum maybe. AC milan could use him. He is a great Champions League player who can score goals and has international experience.

Kaka--7thUCL
19-10-2007, 16:31

Lol that was pretty bipolar.. He's good for us but hes a tired ego? Lol, i understand what you're getting @ but i think for whatever price we get him he'd be GREAT for us

Stitch
19-10-2007, 17:02
LOL, HO YOUNG and TONY75, would one of you be so kind to change his avatar? :grinser: For I while I thought Tony75 is talking to himself about Riquelme, changig his opinions on him every other post :ilol:

inter-1908
19-10-2007, 19:39
Riquelme, amauri, drogba, all rumours of players that are possibilties of coming to milan. Thats just to name a few. Its bound that one off these rumours has to come true. They cant just throw bullsh*t around. sure some of it is, but we must expect at least 1 of these transfers to happen.

will4li
19-10-2007, 20:36
Riquelme, a rui costa with shooting boots, and only cost us $8 mil. why not? Go for him.

He at least has 4 major years left.He is a instant help,add depth in our attacking department since R99 is so injury-plagued.and Kaka is going to have more rebooting rest.

The only concern is the move will cut more gorkys playing time.But maybe it also urges carlo's dertermination to use complete rotation to balance dress room.

Jeff
19-10-2007, 22:03

I agree to wht you say regrading Gourcuff; he is still a very talented player and I hope that he'll turn out to be a true gem.

BTW, we have been talking about this age thing since like N years ago and every year we hear people saying, "such-and-such team is going to rip the OLD Milan team" but... I Don't know... I look at Milan vs. Man U (a supposedly very young and pacy team?) and we all know how it turns out.

It's not a matter of age; it's experience, tactics, and quality. Without these characteristics, you can hardly ever do well.

Regarding Sheva and Drogba: I dont think Milan will sell anyone now even if that guy asks to be sold; that's at least what Galliani has been saying.

_Ace
20-10-2007, 02:46
Regarding Sheva and Drogba: I dont think Milan will sell anyone now even if that guy asks to be sold; that's at least what Galliani has been saying.

Sell? dont you mean buy?(not sure tho :D)

but anyway, I Think if Sheva is wanting to leave Chelsea Milan will surely buy him as Milan are in need of a good Striker :)

rt9
20-10-2007, 03:43
Isnt Riquelme Non-EU? If so, how can we sign him? We already signed Pato..

hishamilan
20-10-2007, 06:37
the continuing talk about 30+ years old players irritates me all high profile clubs look for building their future and only milan end up buying players whose sons may be playing in a first team don't say drogba is the best attacker in europe where is villa then? i can't stop imagining our team next year when maldini favalli inzaghi cafu fiori ba serginho are all either retired or left away with seedorf ronaldo gatttuso brocci dida emerson kalac following them in the following year how on earth will we build a team which reach 5 CL finals in 4 years again except through buying young players whom would join gourcuff gila kaka and pato in a well organised team which keep up the good record this will not be achieved except if theses young players are bought now and they train with each other to develop chemistry look around every body for new messi a new henry " aubameyang" a new cassillas a new villa because those players are hard to buy but easy to imitate only if galliain re- hire his scouting team and they start right away....... viva milano..... thank you

Tony29.
21-10-2007, 07:02
A lot of talk in Italian media about a direct Riquelme-Tiago swap in January.
It was started by Tuttosport who claim that Villareal made this offer, but now all the others write about this.

Tiago is a real mistery to me. His transfer, his form, Ranieri ignoring him, Tiago going public. The strangest transfer of the mercato, imo.
Tiago himself said that he'll leave in January if he won't get his chances which resulted with angry reacton from Ranieri and Juve directors.
I can imagine him leaving Juve.
I don't know how realistic a direct swap with Riquelme is.

inter-1908
21-10-2007, 09:11
Alot of players at juve come under fire, and say they will leave and they never do. The perfect example of this is trezeguet. He made that hand notion towards the juve owners to signal that hes on his way out. He stated he would leave, now he has a no break relationship with juve.

Milan have so many rumours sourrounding them. One has to happen. Amauri? Riquelme? ronaldhino?.. milan are in the top 10 of the world richest clubs and they have the money to buy good players, and it should happen.

Kaka--7thUCL
21-10-2007, 10:29
We're not going to buy anyone in the january market and we're probably chasing one big signing in the summer again.

inter-1908
21-10-2007, 10:35
ussualy thats when the bigger transfers happen--in te summer, maybe thats the case for milan.

Mehdi
21-10-2007, 12:05
We're not going to buy anyone in the january market and we're probably chasing one big signing in the summer again.

IF we don't sign players in January we can forget about a Champions League place next season. Management have to react. Has Berlusconi gone senile or blind? Everyone can see this squad isn't deep enough.

HO-YOUNG
21-10-2007, 12:10
We need to make some signings this winter or we are going to play UEFA cup next season...Even though the big bosses act as if we are the poorest club in the world...
if we don sign anyone let us PLEASE give away GILA...i have more confidence in DIDA scoring a goal than him.

peters
21-10-2007, 13:05
They will react. We will buy 2 or 3 in winter, like we did last year. We may also save some pride in the spring and not buy anything in summer. And have another nightmarish fall next year. Emm nope, given the fact that maldini will go and some others too, we will have to buy to start with 11 every match ;)

inter-1908
21-10-2007, 13:09
Milan will either buy player(s) in january and none in the summer, or buy in the summer, and buy nothing this winter. Milan arent transfer maarket players like inter.

hishamilan
21-10-2007, 13:41
the continuing talk about 30+ years old players irritates me all high profile clubs look for building their future and only milan end up buying players whose sons may be playing in a first team don't say drogba is the best attacker in europe where is villa then? i can't stop imagining our team next year when maldini favalli inzaghi cafu fiori ba serginho are all either retired or left away with seedorf ronaldo gatttuso brocci dida emerson kalac following them in the following year how on earth will we build a team which reach 5 CL finals in 4 years again except through buying young players whom would join gourcuff gila kaka and pato in a well organised team which keep up the good record this will not be achieved except if theses young players are bought now and they train with each other to develop chemistry look around every body for new messi a new henry " aubameyang" a new cassillas a new villa because those players are hard to buy but easy to imitate only if galliain re- hire his scouting team and they start right away....... viva milano..... thank you
great post very precise and describing our situation exactely i am shocked to see such an hounorable post here .... any idea who wrote it ??? :zany:

Nordahl
21-10-2007, 13:45
We already lost Sneijder to Real, which was really a pity... so let's not loose Huntelaar for another rival, come on...

HO-YOUNG
21-10-2007, 13:52
We already lost Sneijder to Real, which was really a pity... so let's not loose Huntelaar for another rival, come on...

We only sign one young player every five years...It would be easier for Bosses bring someone out of retirement than sign a young player...

inter-1908
21-10-2007, 14:50
Milans best signing by far in the last year has been emerson, he has a wealth of experience, and he will get along with the team mates, especially considering they are all brazilian.

martin
21-10-2007, 15:13
When ancelloti mentioned a two faced milan, he was not kidding. When i was watching the game, the commentator said that ancelloti has no 1st or 2nd team, just a 23 men squad. I am wondering if it would be possible to have 2 teams, one for serie a and coppa, and one for big serie a games and champions league. this is the type of team i wish i could see us playin with next season:

cl:
Frey

oddo
nesta
x-men ( terry/alex/cannavaro/mexes/barzagli)
janku

gattuso
pirlo/riquelme
ambro

kaka
pato/seedorf
ronaldo/inzaghi

serie a:

abbiati

mesto
bonera
kaladze
behrami

mancini
emerson/riquelme
gorcuff

rosina
g.rossi
borriello/pato

Evidently, this is pure bs and has no validity, it is merely a concept. However, it would make sense to have an attacking serie a adapted team and a cl experienced team. Both teams would have 2 very deifferent tactics. Notably, gila is not on there because he has repeatedly shown that he does not belong here. One of the main reasons the team i posted above is bs is because our team would never acquire that many players. If you look at the price tag of the above team, it would be circa 80-100 mil. This figure appears ridiculous, but it is not so when u consider that would be ronaldinho's price tag. One thing that is for sure is that this team is deteriorating, and sooner rather than later we might hit the bottom (out of cl). As crappy as our forwards are (ambro was the best forward int he empoli game, what does this say about pippo n gila?), our defence is just as bad. we need reinforcements and we need them bad. I'll end this post on that positive note.

Kaka1899
21-10-2007, 15:22
after todays showing we need a player like Drogba that can dribble and finish not just have goals on a plate like pippo and gila need.

Nordahl
21-10-2007, 15:52
We only sign one young player every five years...It would be easier for Bosses bring someone out of retirement than sign a young player...

The board will have to change that philosophy sooner or later.

inter-1908
21-10-2007, 17:07
ye i say milan focus on drogba and follow through on buying him.

Nalx
21-10-2007, 17:50
after todays showing we need a player like Drogba that can dribble and finish not just have goals on a plate like pippo and gila need.

I've seen Drogba play many times and I think he's more center forward type of striker than a striker who can dribble. He has a strong and balance body, gritty and able to hold the ball well. In short he looks like Gila during his Parma heydays :pp20:

inter-1908
21-10-2007, 17:54
to narrow it down to one thing, milan need 1 good striker.

Nalx
21-10-2007, 18:12
Milans best signing by far in the last year has been emerson, he has a wealth of experience, and he will get along with the team mates, especially considering they are all brazilian.

Say, since you like him much, is there any possibility to do a Cambiasso - Emerson swap? Just for the good old time sake :respect:

inter-1908
21-10-2007, 18:13
Say, since you like him much, is there any possibility to do a Cambiasso - Emerson swap? Just for the good old time sake :respect:
No i like cambiasso maybe if you wanna give me emerson for free? jokes :bri:

Nalx
21-10-2007, 18:19

Well Recoba my friend, some good things in life are not free :5ok:

Tony29.
21-10-2007, 18:49
I'd give you some player if you want but i'm not sure if i should do bussiness with you again.
You still owe me 250m euro, Ibra, Vieira and 2 scudetti

:grinser:

j/k

HO-YOUNG
22-10-2007, 11:04

Inter seems to be the better part of City domestically, the best squad, willingess to add more players, high wages, etc... but no major trophies...
I know that many Inter players are hungry for CL glory but know deep down inside that their only hope of getting a medal is by joining AC...

I dont like the idea of trading with cross town rivals...but i would give them Gila...for free

Baresi
22-10-2007, 11:14
Milan need to bring in a decent goalkeeper, a world class CB to compliment Nesta, a creative midfielder and an excellent striker. My suggestions are to bring back Abbiati from loan, Barzagli as our CB, Riquelme as our creative midfielder and Drogba as a striker. My ideal lineup would look something like this:

Abbiati

Oddo Nesta Barzagli Jankulovski

Riquelme Pirlo Seedorf

Kaka

Pato Drogba

Jim_UK
22-10-2007, 11:16
Inter seems to be the better part of City domestically, the best squad, willingess to add more players, high wages, etc...

and run at a £120 million loss

Tony29.
22-10-2007, 11:19
Milan need to bring in a decent goalkeeper, a world class CB to compliment Nesta, a creative midfielder and an excellent striker. My suggestions are to bring back Abbiati from loan, Barzagli as our CB, Riquelme as our creative midfielder and Drogba as a striker. My ideal lineup would look something like this:

Abbiati

Riquelme Pirlo Seedorf

Kaka

Pato Drogba
This team will never win a single trophy, as world class as it looks.
This is the Brasilian team from WC 2006. Actually, this is even worse. At least the Brasilians had Emerson or Gilberto Silva.
Teams like Barcelona, Liverpool, Inter etc will easily beat your team.

Ghost
22-10-2007, 11:31
Milan need to start from the root of the problem - theres no point us wishing what players we want and totally changing the whole team as thats highly unlikely unless Berlu sells up or the President changes.

we need to invest more in youth, bring in more players from the youth set up and give them a chance or two. I feel our whole policy needs to be changed but the board think differently.

Todays reports suggest we are linked with Anelka, great player and doesn't sulk as much as he used to, its a shame really because if he ever held down his place in one club he could of made a big name for himself. I dont think he would do that badly in Milan, but I doubt Berlu will go for him.

mrki
22-10-2007, 11:59
Anelka in Milan... :stupid:

We dont need Riquelme or 5 more dribblers that cant run, aldough Riqualme is a great player, we dont need him. Only if he would be a sub in Gourcuff's place, which will not happen.

We can solve our problems with getting few young hard players like Juve did with Molinaro, Nocerino...

Untill Jankulovski is our first LB schoice, a player that cant make any difference in 1 on 1 runs, and untill we dont have a decent forward that can play 30 games in a row, we will not play good football.

Last yar was ewxepctional as Kaka' played a season of his life, becdouse Pirlo was in outstanding form and so was Seedorf. But as soon one of the weels in our first 11 stopr running we shut down.

Europe is full of young available players, but money is obviously an object in Milan. Only in desperate situatiopns when they feel they got it wrong they spit 16 mln+Vogel on injured Oliveira or buy Pato who cant play right now. ( the frustrating thing is that Cesere Maldini said they almost bought Lavezzi, a forward that now plays for Napoli! )Those plans scare me. Now Anelka?? Come on... get real and buy some players, you cant play with 11 good players 65 games per season...

hitmannq8
22-10-2007, 12:12
You guys know that Ballack is not cup-tied right... nor is Adriano

Nordahl
22-10-2007, 12:14
Anelka? Lord have mercy on us... :eekani:

Tony29.
22-10-2007, 12:17
Anelka? Lord have mercy on us... :eekani:
I'm dying to hear what will you do if you're Milan's owner/coach.

Will you write here what will be the starting XI of Milan and the bench players if you have the power to create Milan's team ?
Thanx

remote2book
22-10-2007, 12:18
Anelka in Milan... :stupid:

We dont need Riquelme or 5 more dribblers that cant run, aldough Riqualme is a great player, we dont need him. Only if he would be a sub in Gourcuff's place, which will not happen.

We can solve our problems with getting few young hard players like Juve did with Molinaro, Nocerino...

Untill Jankulovski is our first LB schoice, a player that cant make any difference in 1 on 1 runs, and untill we dont have a decent forward that can play 30 games in a row, we will not play good football.

Last yar was ewxepctional as Kaka' played a season of his life, becdouse Pirlo was in outstanding form and so was Seedorf. But as soon one of the weels in our first 11 stopr running we shut down.

Europe is full of young available players, but money is obviously an object in Milan. Only in desperate situatiopns when they feel they got it wrong they spit 16 mln+Vogel on injured Oliveira or buy Pato who cant play right now. ( the frustrating thing is that Cesere Maldini said they almost bought Lavezzi, a forward that now plays for Napoli! )Those plans scare me. Now Anelka?? Come on... get real and buy some players, you cant play with 11 good players 65 games per season...

i think you are really underestimating anelka he is a fast and pacy forward which we lack he also has good dribling as well as good finishing skills like i said before that we should consider him as an option ...he proved himself while he was with arsenal as well as real madrid so he has played with bigger teams in europe...also he has played with not so big teams such as man city, fenerbache and bolton meaning he had to hold on his own ......here are some numbers career App. 325 total goals 198 ...not to mention 4 goals in 5 games for bolton this season so far ...he cud easily used in a 2 man upfront formation cuz he isnt a pure striker like gila and inzaghi but instead he wud compliment the other striker...i see him as a good buy

mrki
22-10-2007, 12:30

Will you write here what will be the starting XI of Milan and the bench players if you have the power to create Milan's team ?
Thanx
I will answer this, aldoutgh I wasnt asked to :)

4 spots need to be filled:

-----------------gk----------------
-oddo----nesta--kaladze--left back

-------------pirlo-------
-------gattuso---strong( if possible fast) midfielder "like Lampard"----
-------------kaka'-------------
-------pato----strong forward like Toni, Drogba---

With this and the players like Jankulovski, Seedorf, Gourcuff,Ambro, Emerson, Pippo, Ronaldo, Bonera, we would have great squad. This way we simply lack solutions.

Soon Drogba will leave Chelsea, the man simply said he wants to go and I dont see him staying. Then Lampard will also leave in summer. Rosina is one player that can play cover for Kaka', he is good and young player, doesnt matter if he is not famous like Robinho for example! France is full of young and fast midfielders that we lack: Ben Arfa, Nasri... Benzema is also a prospect for upfront.

We have enough of experienced players, ifg we buy some great young players that doesnt mean we will be unexperienced! At least 2 players we need in january: forward( in gila's place) and a fast midfielder. But im sure it will not happen.

HO-YOUNG
22-10-2007, 13:00

Thanx

GK=Frey
Oddo Nesta(Luisao) Bonera(Kala) Marek(Grosso)

Gattuso Pirlo/Ambro

Elano(Appiah) Kaka(Nasri) Daniel Carvalho(Gorky)

Pato(Palacio) Drogba(Toni)

HO-YOUNG
22-10-2007, 13:07

Abbiati

Riquelme Pirlo Seedorf

Kaka

Pato Drogba

I agree with your sugestion. I would add Elano, Daniel Carvalho, Nasri, Palacio and Luisao of Benfica.

snake4life
22-10-2007, 13:08
at this rate, i would purchase a whole team, and start maybe 4 players on the milan team, kaka, oddo, nesta, and pirlo, and i guess gatusso, so 5 players. Any way the whole team needs to step up, but i can't complain too much, cuz i enjoy watching them slip further behind us.

mrki
22-10-2007, 13:52
at this rate, i would purchase a whole team, and start maybe 4 players on the milan team, kaka, oddo, nesta, and pirlo, and i guess gatusso, so 5 players. Any way the whole team needs to step up, but i can't complain too much, cuz i enjoy watching them slip further behind us.

Well this is probably unique opportunity for you, as this wasnt happening for the past 20 years. Milano siamo noi!

Be carefull when you arrange scudetto party in Milano, we might screw it up again! :) 23.5.2007...

snake4life
22-10-2007, 13:57
Unique, if thats what you call it, then yes, it's a very UNIQUE oppurtunity, for something that didnt happen since last year. ;) .

NAMMY
22-10-2007, 14:02
Anelka? Oh dear, and maybe we should have gotten Toni instead of Gila?

snake4life
22-10-2007, 14:03
Anelka is not bad, very underated. He's actually pretty good when in form. It would be good if he actually played at full copacity, if not he might end up like the current gila.

inter-1908
22-10-2007, 15:10
I'd give you some player if you want but i'm not sure if i should do bussiness with you again.
You still owe me 250m euro, Ibra, Vieira and 2 scudetti

:grinser:

j/k

it sure was a scam of a deal! :bri:

HO-YOUNG
22-10-2007, 15:47
Anelka is not bad, very underated. He's actually pretty good when in form. It would be good if he actually played at full copacity, if not he might end up like the current gila.

Anelka will score the chances he gets...especially clear cut chances...he is a proven net banger...however he has a behavior problem...but he is better than Gila...as a matter of fact any player who knows where the goal is better than Gila...better yet can run, control, have luck, play side on or back to goal is better than Gila and could be an option for Purchase...
The thing is when Kaka, Seedorf or Pirlo sets up a striker he can only miss if someone moves the goal.

Jim_UK
22-10-2007, 15:54
Anelka will score the chances he gets...especially clear cut chances...he is a proven net banger...however he has a behavior problem...but he is better than Gila...as a matter of fact any player who knows where the goal is better than Gila...better yet can run, control, have luck, play side on or back to goal is better than Gila and could be an option for Purchase...
The thing is when Kaka, Seedorf or Pirlo sets up a striker he can only miss if someone moves the goal.

we get it, you don't like Gilardino!

inter-1908
22-10-2007, 16:02
Gilardino is to cocky and he thinks hes all that, and its now catching up to him.

mrki
22-10-2007, 16:06
Unique, if thats what you call it, then yes, it's a very UNIQUE oppurtunity, for something that didnt happen since last year. ;) .

reminder: last year Milan was on -8 and started without Sheva for the first time, Ronaldo wasnt here yet. Juve was in serie B. Inter won something that was already won during the summer.

And, in the end, we become champions of Europe, for 7th time.

inter-1908
22-10-2007, 16:08
Champiosn league is important, but they were put in serie A to play for the scudetto it should be main prioroty, and they should focus on getting a player that has alot of serie A experience.

Jim_UK
22-10-2007, 16:29
and they should focus on getting a player that has alot of serie A experience.

we need more than just 1 player to make our squad capable of sustaining a Serie A challenge.

inter-1908
22-10-2007, 17:06
we need more than just 1 player to make our squad capable of sustaining a Serie A challenge.

yes for sure, but milan nneeed to move faster in making a purchase as this. A good suggestion is that guy maccaroni currently on siena hes got alot of serie A experience and can score some crucial goals.

hitmannq8
22-10-2007, 18:03

you sure just one? haven't you heard about Jankulovski? what on earth are we going to do for LB now?

Mystik
22-10-2007, 18:10
He said we need *more* than one player, not just one.

inter-1908
22-10-2007, 18:28
you sure just one? haven't you heard about Jankulovski? what on earth are we going to do for LB now?

Theres always favalli, maybe hes not as good, but he will have to do.

Stitch
22-10-2007, 18:52
relax guys, we ARE NOT in crisis (said stupid bald guy). LOL, we will not be in crisis even if we go to serie b next year. I wonder where Galliani is buying his pot, and how can I get some of that stuff?

snake4life
22-10-2007, 19:47
reminder: last year Milan was on -8 and started without Sheva for the first time, Ronaldo wasnt here yet. Juve was in serie B. Inter won something that was already won during the summer.

And, in the end, we become champions of Europe, for 7th time.

true that, but your talkin bout the serie a table and so was i, your right, you started -8, do you remember how big that number became, 36 bud, sorry your savior ronaldo and the loss of sheva didnt help with that, but 36 points behind us. hmmm :bri:

Nalx
22-10-2007, 19:56
true that, but your talkin bout the serie a table and so was i, your right, you started -8, do you remember how big that number became, 36 bud, sorry your savior ronaldo and the loss of sheva didnt help with that, but 36 points behind us. hmmm :bri:

speaking about numbers snake, you're 41 years behind us :devf:

Kaka--7thUCL
22-10-2007, 22:02
Wow.. You actually beleive manu would let nani go, and cicinho would leave roma? JEeze guys. even me myself, who actually prayed for the full 2 months of the transfer market, even after la porta made it impossible, for r10 to come. but faubert, beleiveable :)

I'd love milan to go all out and buy 3-4 players.. like that'd happen anyways. I want Eto'o, or Henry, one of them is bound to be unsettled, Ronaldinho is off the list until Summer Mercato, then I'd like Daniel Alves and of course Quaglierella,maybe even Amauri, and hmm. A good defender, I'd buy newcastles Stephen Carr, or Puyol, AND FOR A GOALIE , doni or given.

hitmannq8
22-10-2007, 23:33
He said we need *more* than one player, not just one.

ooow shyz, I quoted it and I didnt even read it :zany:

hitmannq8
22-10-2007, 23:34
speaking about numbers snake, you're 41 years behind us :devf:

:5ok: :5ok: :5ok:

Rojo y Negro
23-10-2007, 01:04
Well i know that Milan are off to a bad start and people are already complaining but this start to the season was no different to last season.

Karim
23-10-2007, 02:09
Actually \i think its a bit worse, at least in the first 5 games in the last season up until the Ascoli match, you won them all, then started the downfall and then you lost from Palermo 2-0, then from Inter 4-3 and you said after an incredible comeback, that Milan is coming back, but that wasn't the case and it turned into a fight for the final four which you did manage to do at the end.

This season could be your quest still to finish in the top four if you continue to play like this

mrki
23-10-2007, 06:43
It would be better to play Kala as a LB, as he can play that well. He did it for years!! And Bonera on CB. That defence can look great surely.

About mercato, what to say... no money, no players, no trophyes...

mrki
23-10-2007, 06:53
Papers say that Secco is in London to sign Lampard in january. With Ranieri in helm, it doesnt look impossible. I certanly wouldnt like to see that.

Its possible to buy him off for 13 mln, and we need a player like him. A midfielder that can go forward well. We only have Seedorf and Kaka' that can do that. Yoan is not in Carlos mercy so far.

Tony29.
23-10-2007, 07:38
Papers say that Secco is in London to sign Lampard in january. With Ranieri in helm, it doesnt look impossible. I certanly wouldnt like to see that.

Me neither !
Juve has enough fighters and runners in the team.
They need a creative midfielder.

Edit : Btw, please notice how the news about Lampard and more news about Juve transfers come from Gazzetta dello sport. Usually these news alaways came from Tuttosport.
It's because Juventus has just signed a contract with "La Gazzetta Dello Sport". The same newspaper that has been smearing Juventus' name for over a decade. The same newspaper that sold to the world the Calciopoli and Moggi system story is now Juve's sponsor.
Juste like Telecom became a sponsor to Ferrari.
TIM, the telephone company owned by Inter's sponsor Tronchetti that provided and sold to Gazzetta all the wire taps for the scandal are now Juve's partners.

What the hell was happening during Calciopoli and what the hell is happening now ?
:mad:

hany.Egypt
23-10-2007, 07:54
I dont believe this, as I Lampard at least earns sth like 5M per season at Chelsea which is sth that Juve cant affored him at the present time

Ghost
23-10-2007, 08:09
Only Barca/Madird could possibly afford Fat Frank

Tony29.
23-10-2007, 08:38
Only Barca/Madird could possibly afford Fat Frank
Milan can, Inter can, Juve can now also afford him.
New sponsorhip deals, a lot of money unused this summer for transfers and a lot of money saved with the pay-cuts of some players, allow Juve to act freely on the market in January and in the summer.....at least that's what is said.
----------------
Old Lady enter Drogba race Tuesday 23 October, 2007

Unsettled Chelsea star Didier Drogba would consider a move to Juventus, according to his agent Etienne Mendy.

The Ivorian hitman has been strongly linked with Inter and Milan since he publicly declared his desire to leave Stamford Bridge.

“It’s no secret that Didier likes Milan a lot as he jets off there whenever he gets some time off, but we can’t discount the other big Italian side Juventus,” Mendy told Fuori Zona on Sky Sports Italia.

“It’s clear that his relationship at Chelsea isn’t as good as it was when Jose Mourinho was there, but he is a professional and knows that you can’t be attached to a Coach.

“But if he is to leave Chelsea it will only be for La Liga or Serie A.”

Juve sporting director Alessio Secco is currently in London, where he is said to be in talks with the Blues over Frank Lampard.

It is suspected that Secco may take the chance to start talks over Drogba while he is in England.

Channel 4

-------------------
The bolded part is about the city of Milan, not the club, but i think the agent also means the club Milan.

Jim_UK
23-10-2007, 08:49
I think Juve will get Sissoko before they get Lampard, especially if Tiago goes.

I wonder if Drogba would be tempted into a change of scenery in January? :D

Ghost
Tony good point about Drogba and Milan but that could mean any team, Inter or Milan. I dont think we will be going for Drogba as Chelsea will slap a very heavy price tag on his head and I doubt Milan will match it, I feel we shall go for a cheaper alternative either Kanoute or maybe Anelka. IMHO Drogba will cost atleast 20 Million and all the clubs in Europe will be over him.

Milan can, Inter can, Juve can now also afford him.
New sponsorhip deals, a lot of money unused this summer for transfers and a lot of money saved with the pay-cuts of some players, allow Juve to act freely on the market in January and in the summer.....at least that's what is said.

Im not sure Tony, probably Inter are the only team who could match Lampards salary as they pay over the odds for all their players. I think Lampard is on atleast 120K a week, which works out to be around the 6 Million a year mark. This is what Henry was on and if Milan did not want to pay this much for Henry then I doubt they will want to pay near enough that amount for Lampard, with all the extra money you have made I still dont think you will be able to afford him. Another thing with Lampards missus being Catalan I think she will have a major say in where he goes and he will most likely end up in Barcelona, oh well atleast you can go for Momo who imo is very underrated.

hany.Egypt
Hope its right, as I wish to see Drogba in Seria A, and it doesn't matter whether he plays for Milan, Juve or even Inter.
The bolded part is about the city of Milan, not the club, but i think the agent also means the club Milan.
My favourite part.

Tony29.
23-10-2007, 09:00
Tony good point about Drogba and Milan but that could mean any team, Inter or Milan. I dont think we will be going for Drogba as Chelsea will slap a very heavy price tag on his head and I doubt Milan will match it, I feel we shall go for a cheaper alternative either Kanoute or maybe Anelka. IMHO Drogba will cost atleast 20 Million and all the clubs in Europe will be over him.

Im not sure Tony, probably Inter are the only team who could match Lampards salary as they pay over the odds for all their players. I think Lampard is on atleast 120K a week, which works out to be around the 6 Million a year mark. This is what Henry was on and if Milan did not want to pay this much for Henry then I doubt they will want to pay near enough that amount for Lampard, with all the extra money you have made I still dont think you will be able to afford him. Another thing with Lampards missus being Catalan I think she will have a major say in where he goes and he will most likely end up in Barcelona, oh well atleast you can go for Momo who imo is very underrated.
I don't want Lampard at Juve at all. I'd even chose Mommo before Lampard, even though i don't like the idea of another DM joining Juve.
I want creativity whileLampard, who'll probably need a whole season to adapt to serie A , can not provide that.
Barcelona are free to take him.

But i do think Juve can allow his wages. Lamaprd will be 30 from next season, he won't be getting the same wages he's been getting now. Anywhere he goes he'll have to accept a pay-cut.
If Juve don't think they can afford his wages, or if they don't have an idea how much will Lampard ask for (which is impossibile, imo. Ranieri knows him very well, there had to be some contacts with Lamaprd and his agent before Secco flew to London) they wouldn't have bothered going to England at all.

I sincerely hope the negotiations will fail and Lamaprd won't sign with Juve.

But Drogba....YUMMI :grinser:

Ghost
23-10-2007, 10:42
But Drogba....YUMMI :grinser:

Or Steve Sidwell lol

Rio-RossoneRi
24-10-2007, 05:40
Diego Eyes Move To Italy

Werder Bremen star Diego has revealed his admiration for Italian football and in particular Roma and Milan and says he would like to play in the peninsula at some point in his career.
“It is true that I was near to signing for Milan but then the transfer didn’t go through and I went to Porto,” Diego said ahead of tonight’s match.

“However I hope to have the opportunity to play in Italy one day where the football is very famous.

“I follow all the Serie A teams and I particularly like Roma because they play some exciting football. They are one of the best teams in Europe.

“Milan are my favourites for this seasons Champions League because they have a lot of experience and they have some great players.”

Source: http://goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=456807

A better option than Riquelme I would say. Young, has the vision and pace and provided the learning environment at our camp can develop into a fine player. Never knew he was on the verge of joining Milan in 2004.

kris
24-10-2007, 05:58
Probably three times as expensive as Roman though.

hany.Egypt
24-10-2007, 06:21
But much better considering the age factor

Kaka1899
24-10-2007, 07:49
Well Real have said that they are not intrested in Drogba as hes too old and its that thats the turn off for them really im sure he would come to us whateva happens if he really likes it here

jcastagn
24-10-2007, 09:43
I'd take Drogba in a heart beat. With our current striker situation as it is I think it is very important to bring a big time forward in in January. This will take the pressure of Pato, who if nobody arrives will be looked at as a savour of our season.

I'd also like Pasqual (sp?) from the Viola, he is a good left back, and that is very much needed.

Mr. Anonymous
24-10-2007, 10:36
Both Diego & Drogba would be amazing.

Alfonso Alves would be an amazing pick-up as he is still relatively unknown & therefore may come a little less expensive than a Drogba or a Huntlaar.

hany.Egypt
24-10-2007, 10:47
dont know him , where is he playing?

Jim_UK
24-10-2007, 11:08
Alfonso Alves is playing in Holland, he scored a bucket load of goals last season.

Mr. Anonymous
24-10-2007, 11:13
dont know him , where is he playing?

My point exactly!!!

Yet he's great 34 goals in 31 games last season.

Also 7 goals in one game this season...if you look at his career stats/totals he scores at all levels.

HO-YOUNG
24-10-2007, 12:13
My point exactly!!!

Yet he's great 34 goals in 31 games last season.

Also 7 goals in one game this season...if you look at his career stats/totals he scores at all levels.

...and most of all he is Brazilian...born net banger...great with the head and feet; shoot and dribble, calm and composed in front of goal...great strike rate.
Every thing he touches turn to goal...played Copa 07...#21

Mr. Anonymous
24-10-2007, 12:20
...and most of all he is Brazilian...born net banger...great with the head and feet; shoot and dribble, calm and composed in front of goal...great strike rate.
Every thing he touches turn to goal...played Copa 07...#21

That's what i've seen from him...I think Liverpool is following him quite closely though.
The question is does he have his EU-Passport? I know he's been in Holland for a while now, how long does it take to get their passport?

HO-YOUNG
24-10-2007, 12:32
That's what i've seen from him...I think Liverpool is following him quite closely though.
The question is does he have his EU-Passport? I know he's been in Holland for a while now, how long does it take to get their passport?

If milan needs him i can get him anything he wants, pastport, grandparents, wives, uncle, workpermit...even a new name and face...

Jim_UK
24-10-2007, 12:51
How on earth is he a 'born net banger'? How many goals did he score before this last season elevated him into the view finder of several clubs? One great season does not make him the answer to our prayers.

Mr Anonymous, i think you're right that Liverpool have been linked to him, but i believe it is Middlesborough who have had the strongest links (from Premiership clubs).

Ghost
24-10-2007, 13:01
Mr Anonymous, i think you're right that Liverpool have been linked to him, but i believe it is Middlesborough who have had the strongest links (from Premiership clubs).

and Citeh!

mrki
24-10-2007, 13:20
There is only one thing that can relive Milan, and we all know what it is:

To simply buy some good and fresh players like Diego, Drogba, Huntelaar, Nasri and so on... some fast and strong players that can push up the tempo in our slow football.

If Berlusconi doesnt want to spend money on Milan, like he is showing in the last 2 summers, we are in some trouble for sure.

Mr. Anonymous
24-10-2007, 13:22
How on earth is he a 'born net banger'? How many goals did he score before this last season elevated him into the view finder of several clubs? One great season does not make him the answer to our prayers.

He may not turn out to be the answer to our prayers but I believe we can afford the risk to find out. Management shouldn't be so scared that we get the wrong guy that they become paralyzed and get nobody. Or be so precise in who they want that they pass up good prospects.

Alfonso Alves is not cup tied, he's young 26 same age as Etoo. With all the Brazilians on our squad he would most likley settle nicely here in Milan; he's 6'1 which is tall enough to bang in those headers Oddo like to feed in from the right.

He really has had more than 1 great season he was in Sweden before and was scoring goals there too. His history shows he gets the job done where ever he goes.

I just hate seeing these guys come on the scene for us to say well he's not proven enough, and then seeing him become a star somewhere else.

We got 30 Million pounds for Sheva and he busted in Chelsea...12 to 15 Million Pounds for this guy should get him in our uniform and if he busts we still have at lest 15 Million left over from the Sheva deal.

You gotta take risks...this is a good one. (IMO)

mrki
24-10-2007, 13:24
"He who dares wins!", Delboy ( only fools and horses" :)

Mr. Anonymous
24-10-2007, 13:32
"He who dares wins!", Delboy ( only fools and horses" :)

what???????

Tony29.
24-10-2007, 15:51
what???????
Why "what" ???/
Mrki says that in order to be succesful you have to take risks sometimes.

I'm with Jim on Alfonso Alves, though !

kris
25-10-2007, 05:01
Alfonso Alves would be an amazing pick-up as he is still relatively unknown & therefore may come a little less expensive than a Drogba or a Huntlaar.

They wanted €30M for him last summer.

This is only his second season in Holland, he played in Sweden before that.

hany.Egypt
25-10-2007, 05:25
They wanted €30M for him last summer
what going on with the market? €30M for unknown player!

kris
25-10-2007, 06:18
He got called for Brazil, that doesn't make him that unknown.

hany.Egypt
25-10-2007, 07:11
But it does not also make him worth this amount.

King tiger
25-10-2007, 08:39
its Afonso Alves, not Alfonso Alves
XD

Mr. Anonymous
25-10-2007, 08:48
I never heard of them wanting 30 Million Euros for him last year.

Where did that information come from?

That's about 20 - 21 Million pounds, they can't really be expecting to get that much.

Depending on what he does this year between 15 - 18 Million Euros is most likely what they'll be getting.

HO-YOUNG
25-10-2007, 12:08
IMO milan will not buy another striker...i think that they are going to use they same set of players till the wheels fall off...
What happen to they players from the youth system...this kid name starts with A he's black and was scoring a lot of goals...

Berlu wants to spend little and earn big...it might just turn round and bite him...

And not every player who moves from one league to the next does well...Sheva...Henry...and dont tell me Henry assist a lot...his job is to score...

I still say get us some committed hungry talent this winter....

Mr. Anonymous
25-10-2007, 13:41
And not every player who moves from one league to the next does well...Sheva...Henry...and dont tell me Henry assist a lot...his job is to score...

I still say get us some committed hungry talent this winter....

In my earlier post I said that it would be a risk...but a smart risk. :5ok:

Kaka--7thUCL
26-10-2007, 00:50
WE SHOULD BUY KAABI fastest footballer alive atm.. he looks pretty good.

ea1899
26-10-2007, 02:22
AC MILAN, The new striker arrives from Argentina?

AC Milan are starting to thinking that it could be risky to wait Pato until January, so the italian clubs is still seeking a more experienced striker. The new name is Independiente's German Gustavo Denis. The 26 year old Argentine has already played in Italy for Cesena(from transfermarketweb.com)

i'm just curious who is this guy ?can someone give me a little information 'bout this?

ea1899
26-10-2007, 03:49
Sorry guys this is the URL for above ppost

http://www.transfermarketweb.com/?action=read&idsel=5495

Tony75
26-10-2007, 05:14
Which is the translated page of tuttomercatoweb.com

Ghost
26-10-2007, 09:28
Ronaldinho Is Always Asking About Milan - Kaká

Kaká has revealed that Ronaldinho is always asking him questions about AC Milan as speculation continues that the Italian giants could make a mega bid for the Barça star.

Rumours persist that the Rossoneri are desperate to prise the Blaugrana playmaker away from Camp Nou and if they do then they will sign a player who already knows a lot about the club.

According to Kaká, each time the duo are together on international duty, Ronaldinho is keen to know everything about life at the San Siro.

"Every time we meet with the national team he asks me about the team and about the club," he explained.

"What is certain is that he likes us.

"Everyone has feelings for their team in Europe and I know he fine in Barcelona, but he always asks about Milan."

Joan Laporta has hinted that a deal could be reached next summer, as he stated in August that he could not consider allowing the player to leave this season.

Milan supremo Silvio Berlusconi is reported to have reserved a transfer fund for Ronaldinho, while vice-president Adriano Galliani has openly spoken about the player.

La Gazetta dello Sport stated on Friday that the Italian outfit may make an offer of around €60m in January, but it is unlikely that Barça would allow him to leave mid-season.

The paper speculates that there could be some movement as Ronaldinho has consistently delayed talks over an extension to his current deal.

http://goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=459563

Kaka--7thUCL
26-10-2007, 16:25
lol i gave up on r10 a while ago, if we get him it would still be awesome.. But now age is a concern

Nalx
26-10-2007, 16:42
Even if Dinho is available we'll find tough competition from Chelsea

drucurl
26-10-2007, 17:07
lol i gave up on r10 a while ago, if we get him it would still be awesome.. But now age :eekani: is a concern
:wth: :wth: Ronaldinho's only 27 !!!! By Milan's standards he'd have trouble getting a first team spot in our primevera :grinser: He has at least four years at peak performance if he keeps fit :5ok:

remote2book
26-10-2007, 17:54
i agree with dru

Kaka--7thUCL
26-10-2007, 18:01
wouldn't you rather have 20 - 24 yr old stars.. i want alves nd robinho

Mehdi
26-10-2007, 19:00
:wth: :wth: Ronaldinho's only 27 !!!! By Milan's standards he'd have trouble getting a first team spot in our primevera :grinser: He has at least four years at peak performance if he keeps fit :5ok:

That's the problem though isn't it? Getting drunk and having orgies every night isn't going to help his performances on the pitch besides when he's 28 any club that wants him just has to buy out his contract i.e. the remainder of his wages, much cheaper than paying Barca a transfer fee. I'd rather have Robinho to be honest but there's no way Real Madrid will sell him.

Ghost
27-10-2007, 08:30
Barca are not stupid, if we wait till R10 is 28 Chelsea will get him.

Tony29.
27-10-2007, 08:38
Barca are not stupid, if we wait till R10 is 28 Chelsea will get him.
He'll be 28 in little more than 4 months.
So, is it only the January transfer window where Barcelona can get good money out of him ?

I'm not familiar with the 28 yo transfer rule, that's why i'm asking.

hitmannq8
27-10-2007, 14:38
Galliani ha poi sottolienato che il Milan non necessita di un rinnovamento della rosa: "Il Milan e' una squadra giovane - ha detto - basteranno tre o quattro acquisti di complemento.

Can anyone translate what Galliani said? From what I understand is that Galliani is Milan are a young squad, with 3 or 4 signings needed?

Dave
27-10-2007, 14:47
IMO he said that Milan need no reinforcements!

hishamilan
27-10-2007, 14:48
for january
huntelaar is the most suitable proven striker who we need right now + a consistent RB like : sagnol or serna or zambrotta in order of acceptability

hishamilan
27-10-2007, 14:51
if these don't come in jan. i doubt we will continued in the CL but we must also find a young replacement for dida maldini and ( pirlo / gattusso " overload " )

Hasan Rossonero
27-10-2007, 15:24
Galliani ha poi sottolienato che il Milan non necessita di un rinnovamento della rosa: "Il Milan e' una squadra giovane - ha detto - basteranno tre o quattro acquisti di complemento.

Can anyone translate what Galliani said? From what I understand is that Galliani is Milan are a young squad, with 3 or 4 signings needed?
Yes. He said there is no need to revamp the whole squad, rather 3 or 4 signings will do.

will4li
27-10-2007, 20:14
Agree with galliani generally, depends on which 3 or 4 signings it will be.

ACMILAN1983
28-10-2007, 05:57
Agree with galliani generally, depends on which 3 or 4 signings it will be.

I suspect one defender, a fullback, an attacking midfielder (difficult to say if a creative AM or pacey winger) and a forward depending on how the attack looks.

Translated, Galliani basically says there's no need for a revolution, the squad is still young. 3-4 players will be enough to complete it.

Snapster
28-10-2007, 06:33
So basically he's admitting we are 3 or 4 players short for a complete squad. The same 3 or 4 players Carlo wanted in the summer and most people here were pointing out we need. Can we add MM to uncle fester's favourites? :)

ACMILAN1983
28-10-2007, 07:20
So basically he's admitting we are 3 or 4 players short for a complete squad. The same 3 or 4 players Carlo wanted in the summer and most people here were pointing out we need. Can we add MM to uncle fester's favourites? :)

He's not admitted we're short, as he could be referring to next summer, when some of the older players (Maldini, Cafu and possibly Serginho) are expected to leave.

Also, he's not specified what areas these purchases are for, so again, we don't know if he's suggesting we need the same players many of us were hoping for last summer.

All I'd take for sure in his statement is that we have a reasonably aged squad , though in the future we can expect some reinforcement (not a revolution).

acdc81
28-10-2007, 07:35
Yes. He said there is no need to revamp the whole squad, rather 3 or 4 signings will do.

i agree with galliani here (if he really said that). but i want those players in january something galliani will surely dismiss. i also don't think that he and i think of the same names :)

i wish (in no order as they are equally important):

frey
pasqual
rafinha
rosina

those players would boost our squad tremendously and would diminish most of our problem areas. next summer only minor adjustments would be needed.

seceond keeper with kalac beeing 3rd (eleftheropoulos plays great, is he still owned by us?)
1 central defender (barzagli would be nice)
1 striker if ronaldo can't stay fit for at least the whole second part of the season

Snapster
28-10-2007, 08:22
He's not admitted we're short, as he could be referring to next summer, when some of the older players (Maldini, Cafu and possibly Serginho) are expected to leave.

Also, he's not specified what areas these purchases are for, so again, we don't know if he's suggesting we need the same players many of us were hoping for last summer.

All I'd take for sure in his statement is that we have a reasonably aged squad , though in the future we can expect some reinforcement (not a revolution).

Possibly but as you said we do not know his intentions because Galliani is hardly Mr. obvious. :bri: I think a few members would have even since revised the 3 or 4 players in the summer to be slightly different due to Ronaldo's injury and Dida's lack of form.

If you take out Maldini, Cafu and Serginho in the summer, with possibly the likes of Simic moving on for first team football I would hasten to suggest that 4 players would be absolute minimum next year just to keep the numbers up, not 3 or 4 starters but squad players. This is before you take into account that we actually need a player or two to improve our current squad. We don't need a revolution, but rather needed gradual tweaks every year which this summer you could argue is something we did not achieve. :d55:

The fact that Kaka was listed as a forward pretty much sums up one of our main problems, let alone that he's expected to pretty much cover every attacking channel to come up with something all by himself. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before we hear the commentators say something like :

"Kaka brings the ball forward, skipping past the midfield..he slips the ball out left to.... Kaka, lovely pass there. He's looking around for support, he's found it, he floats the ball in towards Kaka...lovely takedown.... GOAL!!! he slips the ball through the keepers legs!"

:respect:

Forza Milan! :devil:

Stitch
28-10-2007, 09:40
hey guys, how's Grimi doing on loan? I remember some of you praised his form at the beginning of the season, but I haven't heard much about him lately.

Graeme C
28-10-2007, 09:50
Possibly but as you said we do not know his intentions because Galliani is hardly Mr. obvious. :bri: I think a few members would have even since revised the 3 or 4 players in the summer to be slightly different due to Ronaldo's injury and Dida's lack of form.

If you take out Maldini, Cafu and Serginho in the summer, with possibly the likes of Simic moving on for first team football I would hasten to suggest that 4 players would be absolute minimum next year just to keep the numbers up, not 3 or 4 starters but squad players. This is before you take into account that we actually need a player or two to improve our current squad. We don't need a revolution, but rather needed gradual tweaks every year which this summer you could argue is something we did not achieve. :d55:

The fact that Kaka was listed as a forward pretty much sums up one of our main problems, let alone that he's expected to pretty much cover every attacking channel to come up with something all by himself. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before we hear the commentators say something like :

"Kaka brings the ball forward, skipping past the midfield..he slips the ball out left to.... Kaka, lovely pass there. He's looking around for support, he's found it, he floats the ball in towards Kaka...lovely takedown.... GOAL!!! he slips the ball through the keepers legs!"

:respect:

Forza Milan! :devil:

add favalli onto that list, this season as to be his last

hishamilan
28-10-2007, 14:42
guys usually our beloved management doesn't mention transfers at all but when they say 3-4 players they mean it i personally exclude maldini cafu favalli serginho fiori brocci from next years squad so with coppola grimi antonelli marzoratti back to the team we need a superb RB and a great forward whom i promote:
1) RB : alves or sagnol or serna in order
2) Forward : Huntelaar or Benzemma
in addition, we need 2 backups for our CM like maybe veloso or montolivo or rosina and one good backup for overloaded kaka like modric

Jim_UK
28-10-2007, 14:46
this is the thing though isn't it, if you think about all the players who could leave for whatever reason you could easily end up having to replace around 8 or more players. So suddenly this evolution becomes the revolution they wanted to avoid.

Because of this i would seriously doubt that most of the usual suspects we all put up for sale will actually leave. I would not be surprised to see most of them still with us next season because of the board's lack of interest in revolutionising the entire squad.

hishamilan
28-10-2007, 14:47
+ a proven CB to replace maldini like A ) fancies : terry puyol
B ) normal: luisao barzaliga
C ) promising: sirkael hangeland

hishamilan
28-10-2007, 14:51
even if so called revolution happened and we bought players i recommendede in previous posts this will not cost the board much ( a combination of serna + luisao + huntelaar + montolivo + modric +returned loaned players = 50-55 mil.dollars)
which will greately reinforce our squad and with half of ronaldinho's price!!!!!!!

Jim_UK
28-10-2007, 14:52
for me hishamilan, i would rather see us get Toure/Carvalho as 'fancies' or Zapata/Kompany as 'promising' cbs

Mehdi
28-10-2007, 14:52
this is the thing though isn't it, if you think about all the players who could leave for whatever reason you could easily end up having to replace around 8 or more players. So suddenly this evolution becomes the revolution they wanted to avoid.

Because of this i would seriously doubt that most of the usual suspects we all put up for sale will actually leave. I would not be surprised to see most of them still with us next season because of the board's lack of interest in revolutionising the entire squad.

If we don't qualify for the Champions League I guarantee there will be a revolution. Let's see what happens in January. Remember this happened in the mid 90s as well.

Mehdi
28-10-2007, 14:57
even if so called revolution happened and we bought players i recommendede in previous posts this will not cost the board much ( a combination of serna + luisao + huntelaar + montolivo + modric +returned loaned players = 50-55 mil.dollars)
which will greately reinforce our squad and with half of ronaldinho's price!!!!!!!

Yes this is my main worry. I don't care about Ronaldinho, I'd rather have 4-5 players in all positions.

Ghost
28-10-2007, 16:42
for me hishamilan, i would rather see us get Toure/Carvalho as 'fancies' or Zapata/Kompany as 'promising' cbs

I assume you meant Kolo as he's a defender? I doubt he will leave Arsenal, maybe when Arsene leaves but not any time soon - plus I doubt Milan would want a player who will be out for over a month because of the ACON.

Graeme C
28-10-2007, 17:05
Anyone think Maresca would be available in the winter? with Sevilla getting rid of the manager and stuff?

remote2book
28-10-2007, 17:46
we have to gettttttttttttt either karim benzima or ben harfa!! these guys r amazing!!!!!! and reallyyy young!!! i doubt lyon wud give them up but they r a good option for the future

Graeme C
28-10-2007, 18:29
we have to gettttttttttttt either karim benzima or ben harfa!! these guys r amazing!!!!!! and reallyyy young!!! i doubt lyon wud give them up but they r a good option for the future

i read something earlier that they want like 60 mill euros for Benzema, hes not worth that.

Graeme C
28-10-2007, 18:34
next summer i really think we need to cut the fat from our wage bill. Galliani is going to have his work set out for him, well if he actually bothers to do anything.

Tony75
29-10-2007, 02:55
Gayliani should be cut too.

hany.Egypt
29-10-2007, 03:21
Nooooooo, Galliani should stay, he has made magic and will continue making magic, Galliani you are my hero, Berlu please splash cash like what you promised last season.

Jim_UK
29-10-2007, 03:25
plus I doubt Milan would want a player who will be out for over a month because of the ACON.

but we are linked heavily with Drogba and he'd be at the ACON :grinser:

Graeme C
29-10-2007, 05:31
Galliani's blank shopping list Monday 29 October, 2007 Channel4

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Milan Vice-President Adriano Galliani has admitted that he doesn’t know who the Rossoneri could sign to remedy their nightmare start.

The European champions have suffered their worst start in 24 years and a 1-0 reverse at the hands of Roma has left them languishing in 13th.

While the club have insisted that Alexandre Pato will be their only January addition, there are whispers that further reinforcements will be sought in the transfer window.

“If we have to take action in the market I don’t know who we could sign that would be worth sacrificing one of the existing 11,” Galliani explained.

“There’s nobody I would take ahead of Gennaro Gattuso, Andrea Pirlo, Massimo Ambrosini and Kaka in midfield.

“The problem is one that we must work through with our existing team and I have discussed that with Ancelotti.

“We made a choice as a club that after Alberto Gilardino, Pippo Inzaghi and Ronaldo we would invest in the young talent of Pato.”

Pato will be available for the Diavolo from January 3 and there will be a heavy burden of expectation on the 18-year-old’s shoulders

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is pathetic, they must have an idea who to get and replace. But we are talking Galliani who is lacking a bit of imagination.. I can give them a list of players that i think solve some of Milans problems and wont break Milans bank either.

One player that cant solve our problems is Ronaldinho. We should really really forget about him, Belusconis dream is costing us big time.. The only player they ever seemed interested in..

Ghost
29-10-2007, 05:39
but we are linked heavily with Drogba and he'd be at the ACON :grinser:

True say I never thought of that lol.

Tony75
29-10-2007, 05:48
We need proper subs you jerk Gayliani. Stop making excuses for your fups, and either do something for the good of the club, and buy a proper player, or do something for the great of the club and resign.

mrki
29-10-2007, 08:15
Galliani is making pathetic excuses about his mercato's and now forcing all the blame on the players and Carlo!!! What kind of general director is that??!!

He has no shame!

Yesterday nighjt around 200 fans were waiting for Galliani, Berlusconi and the players and the messages were " Galliani, spend the money! ", he was whisled and bued off, while Silvio was applauded ( sarcastically?).

The players are not to blame, same 11 play over and over again, the rotation plan falls in the water quickly as we dont have any players to rotate! And those who are not in first 11, like Favalli, Cafu, Serginho, Brocchi, are not good enough! and cant play better... not good enough players.

Bold monkey doesnt know who to buy?? BUAHAHAAHAH!!! He should be ashamed of what he is talking about, that is pathetic! If he really doesnt know - fire him!

Graeme C
29-10-2007, 08:24
He should have gone to specsavers!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Galliani: Milan Are Not Too Old- GOAL.com

Milan Vice-President Adriano Galliani has rubbished accusations that the Rossoneri are too old but admits he is at a loss to explain the poor start to the season.

- galleria The European Champions lost their second successive Serie A match to Roma yesterday afternoon and now slip to the 13th position in the table, just two points above the relegation zone.

The average age of the Milan starting XI at San Siro yesterday was 31, whilst the two substitutes used by Coach Carlo Ancelotti, Giuseppe Favalli and Serginho, have a combined age of 71.

"It's hard to find an explanation for the results we've been having lately,” said Galliani.

“They tell us we are too old, but personally I don't think that's it as the first-choice eleven has an average age of less than thirty.

"Unfortunately since August we've had two black months, with a few good matches in between and some good performances. A situation like this has rarely occurred in these 21 years we've been at the head of this club.”

Milan’s chances of the Scudetto look all but over after slipping 11 points behind league-leaders Inter but Galliani believes there is still a long way to go.

“The league is 38 matches long and we will draw up the balance at the end,” he pointed out.

“We are still first in our Champions League group. I hope that, as was the case last season, we improve quickly.

“As far as the transfer market goes, I would not change our midfield with Gattuso, Ambrosini, Pirlo, and Kaká with any other team.”

ThrusT
29-10-2007, 08:25
Galliani is making pathetic excuses about his mercato's and now forcing all the blame on the players and Carlo!!! What kind of general director is that??!!

He has no shame!

Yesterday nighjt around 200 fans were waiting for Galliani, Berlusconi and the players and the messages were " Galliani, spend the money! ", he was whisled and bued off, while Silvio was applauded ( sarcastically?).

The players are not to blame, same 11 play over and over again, the rotation plan falls in the water quickly as we dont have any players to rotate! And those who are not in first 11, like Favalli, Cafu, Serginho, Brocchi, are not good enough! and cant play better... not good enough players.

Bold monkey doesnt know who to buy?? BUAHAHAAHAH!!! He should be ashamed of what he is talking about, that is pathetic! If he really doesnt know - fire him!
Like Galliani even cares what 200 fans say about him. :mad:

Graeme C
29-10-2007, 08:28

He has no shame!

Galliani really has to go, what he is saying is beyond logic and reason. Sacchi, Leonardo, Boban, Cesare Maldini, Albertini, and Baresi would all do a much better job than he currently is doing.

peters
29-10-2007, 10:12
The players are not to blame, same 11 play over and over again, the rotation plan falls in the water quickly as we dont have any players to rotate!
We have gorky, simic and aubameyang to name the first that i remember. If they are indeed worse than our 'first team' yesterday then give them flowers and ship them away for free.

But i find it hard to believe so i dont know about what kind of rotation are you talking? We have players that sit out every match, no matter how tired, out of form or not interested our first teamers are.

HO-YOUNG
29-10-2007, 10:51
Hail all Milan Fanz and Air Conditioners

its good to see that we all have Milan in our best interest and wish the best for our beloved Milan...Is milan doing the same for its fanz?

Rest ashore that things will change and Milan return to winning ways...but in the time being let us not get up our hope and be disappointed...its not good for our health...
Dont be stressed...

May Jah continue to bless us all and where blessings are needed he gives...

If only there was a syste inplace where we could purchase our players and give them to the club...Food for thought...if the fans have any seat in Admin or the Milan board

Baresi
29-10-2007, 12:40
All I can say about Galliani and his blank transfer market is remember Ibrahimovic? Remeber him, the best striker in Italy. Yes, that Ibra. We had an opportunity to capture him this summer and we didn't. This January, we have the opportunity to capture Drogba. If we don't, I believe the Galliani days should be over. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for know as Milan have more silverware this season alone (Super Cup) than any Inter so we can't be that horrible. Still, we have 3 spots from relegation!!! I think it's crap to say the league doesn't matter. We still have to finish in the top 4. Fans are coming in the thousands to cheer and hope for a win. If that isn't worth an effort, I don't know what is. I also understand Pato will be available January but he shouldn't be seen as the solution to all our problems. He's a kid who already has plenty of pressure to succeed. We still need a goalkeeper, young talented defenders, an attacking midfielder to further support our striker and a reliable and strong striker. Pato is one of many solutions but not the only one. These are the 5 players we could realistically get:

Abbiati (bring back from loan)
P.Cannavaro
Zaccardo
Diego
Drogba

HO-YOUNG
29-10-2007, 12:48
All I can say about Galliani and his blank transfer market is remember Ibrahimovic? Remeber him, the best striker in Italy. Yes, that Ibra. We had an opportunity to capture him this summer and we didn't. This January, we have the opportunity to capture Drogba. If we don't, I believe the Galliani days should be over. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for know as Milan have more silverware this season alone (Super Cup) than any Inter so we can't be that horrible. Still, we have 3 spots from relegation!!! I think it's crap to say the league doesn't matter. We still have to finish in the top 4. Fans are coming in the thousands to cheer and hope for a win. If that isn't worth an effort, I don't know what is. I also understand Pato will be available January but he shouldn't be seen as the solution to all our problems. He's a kid who already has plenty of pressure to succeed. We still need a goalkeeper, young talented defenders, an attacking midfielder to further support our striker and a reliable and strong striker. Pato is one of many solutions but not the only one. These are the 5 players we could realistically get:

Abbiati (bring back from loan)
P.Cannavaro
Zaccardo
Diego
Drogba

Can we discuss "misappropriation of funds" or a plot to let milan run don then resign? ...food for thought...

Baresi
29-10-2007, 12:55
Can we discuss "misappropriation of funds" or a plot to let milan run don then resign? ...food for thought...

huh?????????

Wilmot II
29-10-2007, 13:05
Milan's problems stem from the fact we have no naturally wide midfielders. Who are are wingers? We're reliant on our fullbacks coming up...but that doesn't work in a 4-3-3. Which is effectively what we're doing. I mean...Gili/Inzaghi, Kaka, Seedorf, Ambrosini, Pirlo and Gattuso are are naturally central players. We need one or two fast wingers who can stretch the play and open up space in the middle for Kaka and co. Give us some fresh tactical options at any rate because we are a VERY one dimensional side.

There are some other players we need...but come the winter mercato, give us some wingers.

ThrusT
29-10-2007, 13:44
Milan's problems stem from the fact we have no naturally wide midfielders. Who are are wingers? We're reliant on our fullbacks coming up...but that doesn't work in a 4-3-3. Which is effectively what we're doing. I mean...Gili/Inzaghi, Kaka, Seedorf, Ambrosini, Pirlo and Gattuso are are naturally central players. We need one or two fast wingers who can stretch the play and open up space in the middle for Kaka and co. Give us some fresh tactical options at any rate because we are a VERY one dimensional side.

There are some other players we need...but come the winter mercato, give us some wingers.
Where do you see us play anything that even looks like a 4-3-3?
But I can see where you're going, we are indeed too packed in the central midfield. It should not be a problem when you have good wingbacks, we don't.
Don't get me wrong Oddo and Janku are great, they can run good but their crosses are just not always perfect(Oddo a bit worse than Janku).And when a team depends on its fullbacks for delivering assists, their crosses really need to be perfect.Only Serginho can deliver the crosses that I'm talking about, but he can't do it for 90minutes. So there are 2 ways, either we buy a pair of new fullbacks or we get a winger.But I'm pretty sure a winger-system will not work at Milanello, the only option I'd give a chance is Pasquale Foggia. An attacker that functions as winger, he can run a defence open for Gila.
But I guess it would be quite embarassing bringing him back after we sold him, thank you Galliani! :p017:

Graeme C
29-10-2007, 14:07
But I can see where you're going, we are indeed too packed in the central midfield. It should not be a problem when you have good wingbacks, we don't.
Don't get me wrong Oddo and Janku are great, they can run good but their crosses are just not always perfect(Oddo a bit worse than Janku).And when a team depends on its fullbacks for delivering assists, their crosses really need to be perfect.Only Serginho can deliver the crosses that I'm talking about, but he can't do it for 90minutes. So there are 2 ways, either we buy a pair of new fullbacks or we get a winger.But I'm pretty sure a winger-system will not work at Milanello, the only option I'd give a chance is Pasquale Foggia. An attacker that functions as winger, he can run a defence open for Gila.
But I guess it would be quite embarassing bringing him back after we sold him, thank you Galliani! :p017:

Sort of how Rosina plays aswell, Rosina is alot faster than Foggia aswell.

mrki
29-10-2007, 14:33
You ask me what kind of rotation?

Im sure Kaladze could have played LB against Roma with great tempo for 90 min! And that Bonera could pair up with Nesta. Simic cant cross, yes...but how many crosses did Cafu put in??

Carlo putting Favalli on the Lb and Gourcuff staying on the bench instead of going in and pushing Serginho to the LB. Those mistakes are cardinal!!

Bosniaco
29-10-2007, 14:40
You ask me what kind of rotation?

Im sure Kaladze could have played LB against Roma with great tempo for 90 min! And that Bonera could pair up with Nesta. Simic cant cross, yes...but how many crosses did Cafu put in??

Carlo putting Favalli on the Lb and Gourcuff staying on the bench instead of going in and pushing Serginho to the LB. Those mistakes are cardinal!!
Thank you mrki. Istog smo misljenja :)

I like our "first team" but we need to get a new coach and new players, players who will fight for the place. Our first eleven know that they will play the next game, no matter what. Which sucks

Giorgos
29-10-2007, 17:18
Thank you mrki. Istog smo misljenja :)

I like our "first team" but we need to get a new coach and new players, players who will fight for the place. Our first eleven know that they will play the next game, no matter what. Which sucks

Our players focus more on CL because this is the interest of the board. Our coach is the best in the World now... :5ok: .

ThrusT
29-10-2007, 18:08
Sort of how Rosina plays aswell, Rosina is alot faster than Foggia aswell.
Yes indeed! How could I forget.

I am a great fan of Rosina.
Torino still owe us for loaning them Abbiati :nervous: , perhaps .. no I should stop dreaming!
We're Milan, we'll never buy Rosina. :mad:
That youngster Emerson suits us better.. :5ok:

This reminds me, Galliani doesn't know who to buy but whole Italy is full of upcoming youngsters.
Great defenders like Pasqual and Zapata, mids like Rosina and Montolivo .. just what we need! I wonder why the management and the rest of Milan make it so difficult for themselves. :5hoest:

peters
29-10-2007, 18:24
mrki i dont get you. fist you say we dont have players to rotate, than you say (like i did in previous post) that we could rotate at least some players but we still dont. Whats the use of buying if we only have 5 bench players and even they dont see the pitch?

mrki
29-10-2007, 18:37
peters, Im saying that we need to rotatae our aquad, and that same 11 cant play 6 matches in a row and play for their national sides. But when you rotate, you dont rotate 5 players at the same time, you mix it up for the love of god!!

Emerson, Bonera, Kaladze as a LB, Gourcuff, are simply not playing enough. And then when Ambro or Seedorf dont run enough against Roma you people accuse them for not playing well...

Graeme C
29-10-2007, 19:01
emerson isnt playing alot because we bought a half fit player who just came back from injury. Im not entirely sure Carlo has alot of faith in him either.

inter-1908
29-10-2007, 19:44
Maybe the key to milan to fire them up is ronaldo, im not sure, but they have been linked with some star players, and they need it, especially because of their recently poor form in serie A. and this milan preseident hearing that his club has offficilay been ruled out of a scudetto chance needs to find some good young players, and buy. Milan need a new good striker and a fast defender.

hishamilan
30-10-2007, 04:09
guys i think galliani can easilly find likes of pirlo " zapata montolivo"
likes of gattusso " rosina " likes of kaka " scheinderlin modric " and with two fast reliable full backs like " serna / sagnol" and " pasqual grimi " we can make a revolution in the team without feeling so, but i think the real problem is ancelotti's mentality of "playing my own grannies in the feild because i don't like to do failing experiments in football "< as if he is successfull now !!!> where is zlat ??

milanista mosta
30-10-2007, 04:29
can somebody translate this???????????

100 milioni per il Milan: ecco la lista-mercato

Cento milioni di euro per ricostruire il Milan, splmati fra gennaio (40) e giugno (60). Inevitabile la rivoluzione per salvare la stagione e centrare almeno il quarto posto in campionato. Accantonata per il momento l'idea di cambiare portiere, servono almeno due difensori ed un attaccante. Cannavaro e Zambrotta a gennaio, poi Amauri e Drogba o Ballack per la prossima stagione. Per giugno spunta anche qualche nome nuovo per il centrocampo: lo spagnolo Albelda del Valencia e lo svedese Kallstrom del Lione.
(Corriere dello Sport)

Pronta la lista-mercato del Milan per gennaio o la prossima estate: Ivanovic, Benzema, Alex e Drogba, mentre resta sempre in piedi il sogno Ronaldinho.

Stitch
30-10-2007, 06:24
babelfish translation:

100 million for the Milan: here the list-market Hundreds million euro in order reconstructing the Milan, splmati between January (40) and june (60). Unavoidable the revolution in order to save the season and to center the quarter at least place in championship. Set aside for the moment the idea to change porter, they serve at least two defenders and a forward. Cannavaro and Zambrotta to January, then Amauri and Drogba or Ballack for the next season. For june it dulls also some new name for the centrocampo: the Albelda Spanish of the Valencia and the Kallstrom Swede of the Lione. (Courier of the Sport) Ready the list-market of the Milan for January or the next summer: Ivanovic, Benzema, Alex and Drogba, while the Ronaldinho dream always remains in feet.

Russo-Neri
30-10-2007, 08:23
The following wraps up my feelings completely. It's obvious management got drunk with the CL trophy last year and thought this team was god's gift to the world - perfect and without any needs. A five year old could have pointed out this team would struggle this year. Heads must roll - starting with Galliani.

Great job Boban!!!!

Former Milan star Zvonimir Boban has criticised the current Rossoneri side and insists that they need more than Alexandre Pato to turn things around.

The European champions are in the doldrums after last weekend’s defeat against Roma left them in 13th place.

The Diavolo have pinned their hopes on Brazilian striking starlet Pato, who arrives in January, but Boban is not convinced.

“I strongly doubt that Pato will be enough to jumpstart the Milan engine,” he told La Stampa.

“If the Rossoneri want to compete on all fronts they need one really big signing.”

Boban believes that the priorities at the club have changed since he won four Scudetti at the San Siro between 1992 and 2001.

“Milan have changed their philosophy and now they put the Champions League first and let everything else follow,” he stressed.

“As Europe seems to matter more than everything else, the side are unwittingly snubbing the League.”

The Croatian ex-midfielder concluded by casting a critical eye over the men at Carlo Ancelotti’s disposal.

“It’s a different squad now because you can’t ask the old guard to keep working miracles,” he warned.

“Ancelotti doesn’t have the strikers who can turn a game, let alone a season, like Jon Dahl Tomasson or Daniele Massaro used to.

“Inter have Julio Cruz, Juventus have Vincenzo Iaquinta and Roma Mirko Vucinic, but Milan have nobody.”

peters
30-10-2007, 08:34
A five year old could have pointed out this team would struggle this year.
Nope, you can track back in this forum to our glorious start in the season and not many of us were afraid milan will struggle. Mostly people were happy we're not on shopping spree with the likes of torres, alves and others, and since the team got proper preparations this time round we were easily scudetto favourites for many here...

I even remember when i doubted after sevilla game and was neutralized on spot that this season wont be like previous one. It happens :)

“If the Rossoneri want to compete on all fronts they need one really big signing.”
Great job? Cmon, be real, thats exactly what galliani is saying and what we dont need. One great buy wont help the rest of the team get better and younger.

mrki
30-10-2007, 08:36
Zvone, Zvone, Zvone !!! :5ok:

After kicking the cop in the head with his foot, and playing for Milan, this is the third time he is shining :grinser:

HO-YOUNG
30-10-2007, 08:59
I think we need a coach who can get the best out of what he has...a coach that does not need big name player to get the job done...a coach that can take cheah nobodies and turn them into expensive somebodies...Arsenal system seems to work... IMO that is...all the little Davids get to play and enjoy themselves and Kill all the Golliaths...

ThrusT
30-10-2007, 09:13
I think we need a coach who can get the best out of what he has...a coach that does not need big name player to get the job done...a coach that can take cheah nobodies and turn them into expensive somebodies...Arsenal system seems to work... IMO that is...all the little Davids get to play and enjoy themselves and Kill all the Golliaths...
I know a coach like that.. his name is Carlo Ancelotti.
I am convinced the coach is not the problem of this Milan.

Let's hope more comments like Boban's follow!
That should alarm Galliani at least a bit.

HO-YOUNG
30-10-2007, 09:30
I know a coach like that.. his name is Carlo Ancelotti.
I am convinced the coach is not the problem of this Milan.

Let's hope more comments like Boban's follow!
That should alarm Galliani at least a bit.

Lets see what happens...
in a previous post i said that none of the two situations that are common place in football are happening in milan...
1---Keep coach and retool squad if u think the coach is good
2---Keep Squad and change coach if u think the squad is good

IMO the squad is for the masters league...

Warro Bantan
30-10-2007, 10:08
Ho Young: I think that your points above are quite valid, and if rumors are to believed...though usually they arent, we are gonna invest in a big way Jan and next term....R10 has been touted as a Jan arrival...though I am not counting on that...however, we could see one or two arrivals in the Jan window.

The coach, IMO isnt going anywhere, which for me is a good thing, lets just hope that the investment is made such that the necessary additions are made to the team, so that we are competitive again.

HO-YOUNG
30-10-2007, 11:49
Ho Young: I think that your points above are quite valid, and if rumors are to believed...though usually they arent, we are gonna invest in a big way Jan and next term....R10 has been touted as a Jan arrival...though I am not counting on that...however, we could see one or two arrivals in the Jan window.

The coach, IMO isnt going anywhere, which for me is a good thing, lets just hope that the investment is made such that the necessary additions are made to the team, so that we are competitive again.

I dont see any one who is cup tied comming in January...I see Riquelme, and a few south americans and some players on loan.

Graeme C
30-10-2007, 12:03
has even belusconi lost the plot?

Berlusconi’s Rossoneri remedy Tuesday 30 October, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Milan President Silvio Berlusconi has an unorthodox solution for the Rossoneri’s slump and condemns protests against Adriano Galliani.

The Diavolo are going through a miserable period and are languishing in the bottom half of the table.

While critics are falling over themselves to prescribe the cure to the Milan malaise, Berlusconi insists that his men are working too hard.

“The players are too tired, they need a rest,” he told journalists.

“Rather than have the players come to Milanello for training, they should go home and get some sleep.”

The lack of a reliable hitman has blighted Carlo Ancelotti’s side so far this campaign, but Berlusconi believes the solution will come from Brazilian stars Ronaldo and newcomer Alexandre Pato.

“We are still without two of our strongest strikers who have been at the centre of our transfer campaigns over the last two years,” the Milan chief continued.

“The young Brazilian has shown himself to be a great champion. When we played defence v attack in training the other day it finished 8-0 and Pato scored seven.”

Berlusconi concluded by lambasting those sections of the ground that chose to protest against Vice-President Galliani during the Roma game.

“There aren’t words to describe that kind of behaviour,” he roared.

“Milan are European champions and Super Cup winners and we are going to play in the Club World Cup.

"It isn’t right to protest because of a run where we don’t play all that well.”

Graeme C
30-10-2007, 12:16
yeah the players are tired, their age doesnt help at all.And were not that far into the season already. Some of the players should wearing slippers, sipping hot chocolate..and having early nights :zany: With age, your fitness drops and you cant be relied on to play every game in a row. Also with age your body takes longer to heal after injuries.

I really respect Belusconi, i grew up in his Milano 2 "village" in segrate in Milan and if it wasnt for him putting red and black in my face when i was like 2 i wouldnt be a Milan fan today.

But i really think he is wrong here, Boban was right to critisise the team. All the fans were definately right to have a go at Galliani. If any other big team like Real, Man U, Bayern, Chelsea had a as bad transfer someone there would have got fired. If Milan gets relegated, well worst case situation then only they can be blamed. Us fans saw this comming along time ago.

I just feel sorry for Pato now, that boy is our last hope :rolleyes:

Graeme C
30-10-2007, 12:17
Another thing before i have to go back to my work. If we fail to get a top 4 spot how bad does it look as we have the highest wage bill :mad:

Graeme C
30-10-2007, 12:36
nooooooooooooooooooo coco might return.....

Coco’s shock U-turn Tuesday 30 October, 2007

Francesco Coco is ready for a sensational return to football and has called for Milan to sign him.

The 30-year-old surprisingly quit football this summer after a frustrating, injury-hit period at Inter.

Despite earning 17 Azzurri caps, Coco’s love of the celebrity lifestyle won through when he decided to appear on the Italian version of “I’m a Celebrity – Get Me Out of Here” and stated his desire to be a film star.

However, it now appears that the left-back made a rash decision and he has made a stunning U-turn.

“It was a rushed choice when I said that I wanted to quit football,” he told gossip magazine Chi.

“Football is my life and I want to return to a club where I can dedicate myself to the job I love.

“Where? I want to join Milan because that’s the club where I grew up. If it were possible I would go back for free.”

Wilmot II
30-10-2007, 12:38

When we played against Roma, we had our back 4, 3 defensive midfielders (Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini) and then in front of them Seedorf, Kaka, then Gilardino. You can call it what you will....I don't see it as a 4-5-1 because there was just too great a delineation in the positions taken between our defensive mids. and Kaka/Seedorf. You can call it a 4-3-2-1 if you wish, but I choose to call it a cack-handed 4-3-3.

I don't actually see the problem with our system being the full backs. In a traditional 4-4-2 the fullbacks can push forwards because the wide midfielders are supposed to be able to cover for them on the overlap. With a very centralised formation that can't happen, and if the fullbacks do move forwards there are gaping holes on the flanks of the defence (look at the amount of space Cicinho had, especially in the first half). We need wide midfielders. That's about as complicated as it needs to be right now!

Ghost
30-10-2007, 13:25
Juventus have been linked with Aguero

We should be the ones who are linked with these young players.

hishamilan
30-10-2007, 14:57
we are strongly linked with serbian ivanovic ? any info?