View Single Post
Old 31-01-2011, 18:56   #3
GeoTav

Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russo-Neri View Post
Not to be a wet blanket, but I think people are becoming a little too enthusiastic about the summer mercato. Milan have developed a habit of not spending much money and we already have 24 million earmarked for Ibra's permanent move (which will be offset by Borriello's sale @ 10 million). 1
Well, I think the last two mercatos showed that Galliani and co are working on building a new team slowly but efficiently ... It's why we/I think, with the help of Allegri who sees what misses in the team, that they will buy some missing parts to our team.

A real attacking midfielder is what we need nowadays, because Boateng isn't a real one (but thanks to his work rate, he did well), neither is Robinho (same, the work rate helps him). We need that kind of player who is able to be between the lines and is able to be available for his partners, a link between the midfield and the attack ... Oh, and without forgetting to mention that with a guy like Ganso coming (or another AM), Boateng can play as a central midfielder again. So buying one AM would give us two more solutions instead of one.

Then of course, our management needs to fix our problems in defence (each season, one or two guys get an injury at the worst moment, and among them, there is often Nesta, it's almost become usual, unfortunately ...) and improve it by buying a great RB or a great LB. Given the last performances of both Abate and Antonini, I'd say "let's go for a LB and let's give another year of development to Abate" ... and it could suit to the rumours: Criscito, Coentrao and other potential targets are LBs, not RBs.

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
The avatar to use by MM members
GeoTav is offline   Reply With Quote