View Single Post
Old 27-12-2010, 08:32   #99
GeoTav

Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivardo View Post
Leo made those comments about Berlusconi which are true. Otherwise, he would have become Director/ Scout after resigning as the Coach. I do not know/judge how good a coach Leo is but he is one heck of a scout and negotiator. He would have continued to be an asset as he always was. Berlusconi blew that chance and the fans did not make much noise as they are doing now.

BTW, Moratti has been graceful in this entire saga. Berlusconi could use some lessons. Oh wait, he found a new girls' high school.
Well, the fact that Leonardo (no more Leo, Leo was the Milan guy, now, it will be Leonardo !! Grrrrr) left us hasn't cost us anything so far ...

1) I think Allegri is a better coach (very personal opinion, no need to debate on that again, each person on this forum has his own idea about that, I should even erase this line).

2) Despite losing our best (from what everyone says) scout, we did a very good mercato and it seems the next mercato(s) is/are going to be as good.

3) There is a better ambiancy in the dressing room as everyone is more or less involved (which is better than 14 players involved and the others always on the bench) and because Allegri has more authority.

4) It looks like Leo (the one of Milan ) wasn't liked by all the players among our "old guard" (Gattuso and Inzaghi) but also some of the others (Flamini).

Anyway, I have no doubt Leonardo will learn from this failure as a coach and won't do the same mistakes as last year (forcing a player to play on a side when he is a striker for example). Actually, if he does the same mistakes, he will be fired in June and will not find any new job in Italy IMO ... which could not be that much of a problem as he was heavily linked with Lyon one or two month(s) ago and was on French TV during that time (that was weird to see him speaking French, and also weird about the timing: he was announced as the favourite replacement of Puel, and was at the same time on TV here). As I think it's the last year of Puel, he could be the next coach of Lyon even if he is fired by Inter ...

What is sad actually is that Leo had a perfect image, he had the great role in this story (the loyal guy being unfairly fired by Berlu) ... and he destroyed everything by signing for Inter. If someone is in charge of his image and if he does care about his image, becoming the coach of Inter is the worst move he could have done.

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
The avatar to use by MM members

Last edited by GeoTav; 27-12-2010 at 08:36.
GeoTav is offline   Reply With Quote