AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Discussions

Notices

Old 02-06-2009, 08:11   #1
Hasan Rossonero

Fave Players: Rivera, Maldini, Del Piero, Baggio, Nesta, Pirlo
Hasan Rossonero is on a distinguished road
Rashid Al Maktum wants a 40% stake in Milan

There are rumours in tgcom.it and milannews.it that Rashid Al Maktum wants a 40% stake in Milan, worth 600 million euros. That would, of course, mean that Milan's price is an implausible 1 billion euros.

However, it was Milano Finanza who ran the story, and I don't know if they're reliable.

What do you guys think? Do you think Berlusconi's denials in the past few days were genuine? Would you guys be happy? Should I have started a thread? Am I losing it?
Hasan Rossonero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:22   #2
Christian

Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Nesta, Pippo, Maldini, etc.
Christian is on a distinguished road
Well according to forbes Milan was worth an estimated 990M$, I'm not sure what the exchange rate between Euro's and USD is, but I imagine the USD is worth quite a bit less then the euro.

I read the story aswell, and apparently Rashid Al Maktum had been sitting next to Galliani against Palermo a couple of months back.
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:32   #3
Gabriel489

Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
If I am Berlu, I will spend big this summer one players like CR7, Essien/Diarra, Benzema and Santacroce. That way Milan will worth much much much more. Lets say 40% is worth about 400Mil Euro, and if Berlu spend 100Mil or so on those four players, Milan's worth will increase thus 40% of Milan will probably worth 600Mil or more. Pretty good business in a few months of hard work
Gabriel489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:52   #4
Buju

Fave Players: Gullit, MVB, Rijkaard, Boban, Rino, Sheva, Kaka
Buju
Send a message via MSN to Buju
i'd be happy for a complete takeover from these guys they tried to buy liverpool a few years ago and seem savvy in comparison to the owners of man city. it was great having berlusconi as owner when millionaires owned football clubs. but now billionaires run things in football.

also i think this guy has some shares in another of berlusconis businesses.
Buju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:55   #5
ACMILAN1983

Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
I believe Berlu has already rejected these rumours (read something on goal.com about it).
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 10:02   #6
Rico

Fave Players: Kaka, Massaro, Ancelotti, Gullit, Sheva, Albertini
Rico is on a distinguished road
You are talking about increasing the level of performance in a department where we are already strong. In attack we have some of the best players in the world when it comes to the attacking skills they possess.

In midfield we can with success make a signing on a defensive midfielder. And there can be succeeded a number of 3-4 strong players in defence, which hopefully will meet the requirements of our needs which is fast physically strong players that will match the need in Serie A and in CL. I want at least 2 defenders that are 24 years old or younger.

To say that we need strikers or offensive midfielders when we have Ronaldinho, Pato, Sheva, Kaka, Inzaghi, Seedorf, Borriello is saying we need 8 players for 3 positions.
Rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 10:08   #7
Gabriel489

Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
WEll, Seedorf and Sheva are leaving.
And Pippo and Borriello to me are question marks
Gabriel489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 10:43   #8
Buju

Fave Players: Gullit, MVB, Rijkaard, Boban, Rino, Sheva, Kaka
Buju
Send a message via MSN to Buju
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMILAN1983 View Post
I believe Berlu has already rejected these rumours (read something on goal.com about it).
i believe veronica lario when it comes to berlusconis rejections
Buju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 11:05   #9
Rico

Fave Players: Kaka, Massaro, Ancelotti, Gullit, Sheva, Albertini
Rico is on a distinguished road
To see this dollar sign in the same sentence with AC Milan is unnatural. When I see AC Milan, I see Milan as a loving caring wonderful family with warm and united feelings for each other, the club and the game itself.

Not something you can buy for money.
Rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 15:12   #10
Koeke

Fave Players: Maldini Rino Nesta Kaka
Koeke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel489 View Post
If I am Berlu, I will spend big this summer one players like CR7, Essien/Diarra, Benzema and Santacroce. That way Milan will worth much much much more. Lets say 40% is worth about 400Mil Euro, and if Berlu spend 100Mil or so on those four players, Milan's worth will increase thus 40% of Milan will probably worth 600Mil or more. Pretty good business in a few months of hard work
To be honest I don't follow your logic economicly, compagnies that invest heavily aren't worth more.

In short I have two major problems with this:

one if you buy players like you say have to make debts somewhere and if you want to know the value of the firm you must keep this in mind to. (How rich are you when you have 3 milion on your bankaccount but you owe the bank 4 million?)

second becoz you make the capital of the firm bigger the revenues of the stock will be lower. Most people buy share for the revenue and that will be lower even if incomes rises when we win the Scudetto.

Truth is if Berlu really would want to sell on an price that is as high as possible I would have to say he should to the exact opposite, sell Kaka to the highest bidder.
If players are assest, like machines (allthough I'm not sure they are) he is worth in our books the amount we paid for him and that's peanuts considering he has been here for so long aswel what makes that sum to depreciate even more.
I remember that's why Lazio had to sell nesta, he came out of the youth system so he was praticly worth nothing in their books. When he got sold that large sum of extra cash saved Lazio from banckrupcy.
That's also explains why inter and milan bought so much players of each other nine years back. I think in 2 seasons about 10 players changed teams.

However milan is worth whatever the sjeik want to pay of course
In my eyes he can't pay enough, milan is priceles
Old 02-06-2009, 16:21   #11
Graeme C

Fave Players: Boban, Van Basten, Kaka
Graeme C is on a distinguished road
I got a call from my dad at lunchtime. He works for a "well known" bank in London, and they got all financial imformation about the deal. "they" think the deal will go through as 400m for 40% is a lot more than the shares are actually worth. Belusconi is struggling financially...
Old 02-06-2009, 16:42   #12
Hasan Rossonero

Fave Players: Rivera, Maldini, Del Piero, Baggio, Nesta, Pirlo
Hasan Rossonero is on a distinguished road
@Dev

Berlusconi denied the reports before today's rumours.

I really hope this goes through and Berlusconi leaves.
Hasan Rossonero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 18:52   #13
Rossoneri Fuego

Fave Players: Nesta R80 Beckham Rino
Rossoneri Fuego is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Rossoneri Fuego
god i hope your right so we can start bullying fools again and cement our place with europes big boys again
Rossoneri Fuego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 14:39   #14
Graeme C

Fave Players: Boban, Van Basten, Kaka
Graeme C is on a distinguished road
one thing i have been thinking about. What if one of the take over conditions is that they buy 40% of a debt free Milan? This could be the main reason behind the Kaka deal.

Every club has debt, but its just how much debt each club can manage. Maybe fifa should start putting a clause on the champ league saying clubs cant be in so much debt before entering..
Old 04-06-2009, 14:45   #15
Reza
Administrator

Fave Players: Baresi
Reza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the rough
Of course that's a possibility but it wouldn't require the games he is playing, "decide on Monday", "his choice too", etc