AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2011, 22:03   #106
Elmago99
Registered User
 
Elmago99's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2010
Location: New York
Fave Players: Nesta, Pippo, Ibra, Rino, Maldini, Tevez, Drogba
Elmago99 is on a distinguished road
Seems as though we'll go for Bosingwa, not Alves. Alves will stay with Barca IMO.

Still not sure what we'll do for CB, I'm not sure Milan knows yet what they want to do.

Lastly, regarding this issue of Taxes, please explain this to me. Milan pay a player €5 Million per year, and they must then pay €5 Million in taxes to the government?? That doesn't even make any sense, and I don't know why anyone in Italy would ever tolerate that... Every worker you hire you have to pay that salary in taxes to the government? For what? Who could afford to run a business in Italy then?

I'm very confused as I've heard people say this on the boards many times, but it makes zero sense. So let's just say Milan pays €40 Million per year to their players, they must also spend that same amount in taxes. That doesn't sound like an incentive for businesses to hire workers, it actually sounds completely retarted. Hope someone can explain this...thanks

EDIT: If it is in fact true, then I now understand why Berlusconi and Italian teams in general have been reluctant to spend money the past few years.. however, Berlusconi is the President so maybe he can change this ridiculous law...

Last edited by Elmago99; 08-02-2011 at 22:06.
Elmago99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 22:24   #107
Gabriel489
Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
The tax rate is close to 50% in Italy, and due to the nature of footballers, clubs tend to pay for the players taxes where employees in other businesses tends to pay their own taxes.

It is the same in England too, but that did not stop them from spending. Same goes in Spain, but Spain got a 3 or 4 yrs rule where if you only needs to pay 30% in the first 3 or 4 yrs you first work in Spain.
Gabriel489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 23:20   #108
hitmannq8
Registered User
 
hitmannq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
It's ~50% in Italy, England and even Spain now. It is how it is..... That's why we've been waiting for this summer for so long, we will have so much money off the annual wages...

My only advice that I could give the management is I hope that they start thinking if they didnt already of making a new stadium. We will see a total different Juventus in two years and they will be able to spend like crazy because of the crazy income they will make compared to now. I really wish we could create a new stadium, it can be very important for the new UEFA laws.
hitmannq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 23:30   #109
MilanMikey
Registered User
 
MilanMikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2010
Location: Toronto
Fave Players: Rivaldo,Ronaldinho,Pirlo
MilanMikey is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmannq8 View Post
It's ~50% in Italy, England and even Spain now. It is how it is..... That's why we've been waiting for this summer for so long, we will have so much money off the annual wages...

My only advice that I could give the management is I hope that they start thinking if they didnt already of making a new stadium. We will see a total different Juventus in two years and they will be able to spend like crazy because of the crazy income they will make compared to now. I really wish we could create a new stadium, it can be very important for the new UEFA laws.
why is juventus going to be making crazy money?
MilanMikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 00:53   #110
hitmannq8
Registered User
 
hitmannq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
Because they'll be the first Italian stadium to own their stadium and will get all of the income at the gates. Italian clubs usually rent their stadiums from the city councils and share the incomes at the games. With this move, Juve will probably double their income and thus have double the transfer budget the rest of the Italian teams. Milan used to be always the first team that "starts a new trend" whether it is in football tactics or whether it's in management. I'm afraid Juventus have done better than us in this aspect and this could potentially see Juventus escalate and return to dominate Italy in 2-3 years. (given they get rid of the joke of a management and coach they have)
hitmannq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 06:10   #111
GeoTav
Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to GeoTav
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmago99 View Post
Lastly, regarding this issue of Taxes, please explain this to me. Milan pay a player €5 Million per year, and they must then pay €5 Million in taxes to the government?? That doesn't even make any sense, and I don't know why anyone in Italy would ever tolerate that... Every worker you hire you have to pay that salary in taxes to the government? For what? Who could afford to run a business in Italy then?

I'm very confused as I've heard people say this on the boards many times, but it makes zero sense. So let's just say Milan pays €40 Million per year to their players, they must also spend that same amount in taxes. That doesn't sound like an incentive for businesses to hire workers, it actually sounds completely retarted. Hope someone can explain this...thanks
It is like that in most of the European countries (at least in the western European countries, don't know the situation for each country) ... The only difference is the % of tax.

In France for example, if you have a 2000€ salary, you are actually given 1540€, so you have a 460€ tax to pay (it's automatically done, the people receive the 1540€, so it's a 23% tax). I don't think it's 50% for all people in Italy, it's probably a special regime for football or more generally sport players and I think it must work the same way in France too, I'm not sure.

This money taken during all your working life is used for the retirement system, social security, etc ... So that's not that stupid ...
__________________
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So we should stop bashing Juventus ...

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
The avatar to use by MM members
GeoTav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 06:12   #112
GeoTav
Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to GeoTav
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmannq8 View Post
Because they'll be the first Italian stadium to own their stadium and will get all of the income at the gates. Italian clubs usually rent their stadiums from the city councils and share the incomes at the games. With this move, Juve will probably double their income and thus have double the transfer budget the rest of the Italian teams. Milan used to be always the first team that "starts a new trend" whether it is in football tactics or whether it's in management. I'm afraid Juventus have done better than us in this aspect and this could potentially see Juventus escalate and return to dominate Italy in 2-3 years. (given they get rid of the joke of a management and coach they have)
Even with their new stadium, they'll need more time ...
About the fact they did better than us, maybe it's true, but Milan is a special case for the stadium question, and it's probably more difficult to leave San Siro (and letting Inter use it ?!) ...
__________________
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So we should stop bashing Juventus ...

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
The avatar to use by MM members
GeoTav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 07:37   #113
Elmago99
Registered User
 
Elmago99's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2010
Location: New York
Fave Players: Nesta, Pippo, Ibra, Rino, Maldini, Tevez, Drogba
Elmago99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalx View Post
Erm, mate, Alves' contract expires in June 2012. Even if he sees it out, there's no way we can match the salary offered by clubs like City. He earns about € 3,5 million now and he wants to be on par with the likes of Messi and Xavi, which is around € 7,5 millions per annum. There'll be no transfer cost alright but on the other side of the coin, he's likely to ask for a big salary AND quite a long contract seeing that's probably his last chance of getting a lucrative deal. So, let's assume we match the salary he asked and the contract runs for 3 years. That's (7,5 salary + 7,5 tax) x 3 = € 45 million!
Ok so now that everyone has clarified about the tax code, sorry Nalx, this post is wrong. The tax is 50% not 100%. If a player has a salary of €7.5 Million, then the tax would be €3.75 Million. That's bad, but not nearly AS bad.

Anyways, regarding the stadium, I too hope Milan can build their own stadium. 60-70,000 seats capacity, modern technology, and we will pack the stadium! I've heard that Moratti may have wanted to buy his own stadium. It's a very expensive project, and took Juventus years to get done...
Elmago99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:42   #114
Nalx
Registered User
 
Nalx's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2006
Location: tanah merah putih
Fave Players: San Marco, Billy, Patinho
Nalx is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmago99 View Post
Ok so now that everyone has clarified about the tax code, sorry Nalx, this post is wrong. The tax is 50% not 100%. If a player has a salary of €7.5 Million, then the tax would be €3.75 Million. That's bad, but not nearly AS bad.
I remember reading similar statements by Galliani in the past buddy, but my assumption was based on these words from Berlu:“For a salary of €100m in Spain, they spend €130m or €140m. For us, a salary of €100m, we spend €200m.”

http://www.footballitaliano.co.uk/p6...ro-ultras.html
__________________
The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool --Almost Famous--
Nalx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:06.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.