The jacket
If only
Pirates of the Caribbean all 3 of them..Johnny Depp
Keira Knightley
Old 02-01-2008, 16:42   #918
Giorgos

Fave Players: Van Basten, Maldini, Savicevic
Giorgos is on a distinguished road
Please post a good websight for learning news about movies....
Old 02-01-2008, 17:42   #919
Giovanni

Fave Players: Gli Immortali/ Gli Invincibili/ I Meravigliosi
Giovanni has a spectacular aura aboutGiovanni has a spectacular aura aboutGiovanni has a spectacular aura about
this is a fantastic database to read reviews about movies and to find out about actors and directors

http://uk.imdb.com
Old 03-01-2008, 08:19   #920
Debs
Administrator

Fave Players: Maldini......
Debs will become famous soon enough
Saw National Treasure: The Book of Secrets a couple days after it opened and I may have to go see it again. It has its weaknesses, as all sequels do, but it's a rollicking fun ride! I'd been anticipating this movie since the day I foudn out there was going to be a sequel. And I do have to mention my friend Trevor did the soundtrack again, which only added to my anticipation!

Lin's brother got us Pirates 3 for Christmas and we just watched it....and I have to say I was quite disappointed! I loved the other 2 Pirates movies, and I love the combination of Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom and of course Jerry Bruckheimer but this 3rd offering was just lacking somehow. It jumped around alot, it did things that were not explained, even the actors seemed a little confused or lacking in confidence. Very glad I didn't get to see it in the theatre! At least I have the 2nd disk of special features to explore...
Old 08-01-2008, 14:23   #921
Jim_UK

Jim_UK is on a distinguished road
'I am Legend' should be called 'I am reasonably entertaining and then end far too abruptly'

Films on my radar for the new year. Obviously National Treasure 2 Debs Also Indiana Jones 4, Bond 22, Batman: Dark Knight, Cloverfield, Iron Man ... i'm sure there will be others also.

I thought POTC3 was rubbish, far too long winded and pointless. They degrade in quality as you go through the series, 1 was great, 2 was ok, 3 was poo ... what's worse is that they leave it open for yet another one!

1 trailer you should all check out is 'Teeth', it's different ... that's all i can say

I also like the look of 'The Mist', might be ok as horror survival films go and '10,000 BC', could also be a neat little film (same director who did Independance Day & The Day After Tomorrow).
Old 09-01-2008, 02:35   #922
drucurl

Fave Players: Ronaldo Kaka Maldini Nesta Inzaghi Seedorf Pato
drucurl will become famous soon enough
I really liked I am Legend
Also 300 and AVP2 although they absolutely have to get another director and writer for part 3

Last edited by drucurl; 09-01-2008 at 02:37.
drucurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 04:21   #923
kris
Jedi Master

Fave Players: Past, present and future Milan players
kris is on a distinguished road
Saw Stardust not so long ago. It was a really nice fairytale. Recommended to watch with your partner.
Old 09-01-2008, 04:46   #924
Jim_UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by drucurl
I really liked I am Legend
Also 300 and AVP2 although they absolutely have to get another director and writer for part 3
I liked I am Legend, but i wasn't blown away by it.

I've not seen AVP so i doubt i'll watch this new one, neither franchise is as good as it used to be.
Old 10-01-2008, 19:07   #925
Hasan Rossonero

Fave Players: Rivera, Maldini, Del Piero, Baggio, Nesta, Pirlo
Hasan Rossonero is on a distinguished road
My favourite movies of 2007 were (in order):

1) Superbad
2) No country for old men
3) Gone Baby Gone/Bourne Ultimatum
4) Eastern Promises
5) Juno

I am Legend was forgettable.

No country for old men is an absolute must see for any Coen brothers fan.

Superbad was INCREDIBLY HILARIOUS! Jim, I am sorry, Knocked up was good, but if you want to see Apatow and Rogen (the latter co-wrote Superbad with Evan Goldberg) in full flight see Superbad. And Michael Cera is the best thing to happen to comedy since Will Ferrell in my opinion. Some parts totally reminded me of my high school days back in the States. It is in my top 3 favourite comedies of all time list. Seriously guys, make sure you see that movie!!

Last edited by Hasan Rossonero; 10-01-2008 at 19:26.
Hasan Rossonero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 19:11   #926
Hasan Rossonero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debs
Saw National Treasure: The Book of Secrets a couple days after it opened and I may have to go see it again. It has its weaknesses, as all sequels do, but it's a rollicking fun ride! I'd been anticipating this movie since the day I foudn out there was going to be a sequel. And I do have to mention my friend Trevor did the soundtrack again, which only added to my anticipation!

I envy your thick skin. How can you tolerate Nicholas Cage on the screen for more than 3 second at a time? Are you impervious to scorpion bites as well?
Old 10-01-2008, 22:52   #927
Hasan Rossonero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasan Rossonero
I envy your thick skin. How can you tolerate Nicholas Cage on the screen for more than 3 second at a time? Are you impervious to scorpion bites as well?
*scorpion stings that is.

Oh and another movie that was good: Michael Clayton.
Old 11-01-2008, 08:33   #928
Jim_UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasan Rossonero
My favourite movies of 2007 were (in order):

1) Superbad
2) No country for old men
3) Gone Baby Gone/Bourne Ultimatum
4) Eastern Promises
5) Juno

I am Legend was forgettable.

No country for old men is an absolute must see for any Coen brothers fan.

Superbad was INCREDIBLY HILARIOUS! Jim, I am sorry, Knocked up was good, but if you want to see Apatow and Rogen (the latter co-wrote Superbad with Evan Goldberg) in full flight see Superbad. And Michael Cera is the best thing to happen to comedy since Will Ferrell in my opinion. Some parts totally reminded me of my high school days back in the States. It is in my top 3 favourite comedies of all time list. Seriously guys, make sure you see that movie!!

I missed Superbad at the cinema so now i have to wait for it to come out on dvd

I'm sure 'The Cage' is better in National Treasure 2 than he was in Next That film sucked major ass.
Old 12-01-2008, 07:51   #929
Jim_UK

I just learned that they are starting production on a new series of Conan films this year! Now i know most people will knock the camp Arnie versions, but i'm currently reading the complete Conan chronicles by Robert E Howard (the originals) and i must say that if they are true about keeping the new films inline with Howard's stories than the Arnie films then it'll be something to look out for.

So with that, the 2 Hobbit films being put together and the new Gatchaman film, i'm quite happy

Last edited by Jim_UK; 12-01-2008 at 08:15.
Jim_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 04:54   #930
Jim_UK

Cloverfield = Good, but not great.

In the end this is exactly what it says it is, a monster movie. I guess i was expecting a bit more from it after all the clever viral marketing and stylised film making approaches used. Also as Lost is full of secret things and signs/symbols, i was expecting Cloverfield to follow the same route, although not as over the top. But the script was basic and some acting a little wooden, which was a shame.

You're either going to love or hate the camera style, i thought it was good. It is a bit over the top, but i guess if you're being chased by a monster, you're not going for steadiness or focus

Some bits were just too stupid, but it didn't detract too much from the film. All of the characters have myspace pages and haven't been updated since the film's release. This kind of marketing is a good idea, i especially liked how 1 of the character's height went from about 6' to 2'6" after the release of the film. I'll leave you to work out why that happened

Finally, don't bother waiting for the garbled audio at the end of the 12 minute long credits, you won't understand it. This is mainly because you have to play it backwards to understand what it says, which questions why it would be put on the film in the first place. Highlight the line underneath to read what it says:
It's still alive

There's talk of a sequel already, depending on the success of this one and if they can find a new way to do the film without repeating the camcorder view or making it look the same as this one.

Last edited by Jim_UK; 04-02-2008 at 04:56.
Jim_UK is offline   Reply With Quote