AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

Old 29-06-2007, 05:17   #1
almilan

Fave Players: Maldini, Baresi, Gullit, Shevchenko, Kaka
almilan is an unknown quantity at this point
Mitja Novinic?

Meanwhile, the Rossoneri have captured 16-year-old striker Mitja Novinic, who will join the European champions from Nafta Lendava.

Taken from http://www.channel4.com/sport/footba...ia/jun29a.html

Anyone know anything about him?
Old 29-06-2007, 06:52   #2
Capo Ultra

Capo Ultra is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by almilan
Meanwhile, the Rossoneri have captured 16-year-old striker Mitja Novinic, who will join the European champions from Nafta Lendava.

Taken from http://www.channel4.com/sport/footba...ia/jun29a.html

Anyone know anything about him?
I don't know that much about him, but he has been playing in the slovenian 1. division for the past year. He will play for our Primavera-team.
Old 28-01-2008, 15:37   #3
slicknick

Fave Players: Ronaldo, Seedorf, Messi, Kaka, Gourcuff, Pato
slicknick is on a distinguished road
So how well has he performed so far? Btw is he an U-17 player for us? He is apparently not in Primavera
Old 29-01-2008, 00:09   #4
slifersd

slifersd is on a distinguished road
Why are we signing some Slovanian kid? When was the last time that country produced a world class quality player? The Milan scounts aren't even trying any more.
slifersd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2008, 02:08   #5
hany.Egypt

Fave Players: san Paolo, Nesta, Pirlo and Ronaldinho
hany.Egypt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by slifersd
Why are we signing some Slovanian kid? When was the last time that country produced a world class quality player? The Milan scounts aren't even trying any more.
I have to say that I totaly disagree with you, not producing world class players in the past does not mean that Slovania will never produce them in the futur, remember that one of our best players ever was from Liberya, a country that has never produced any quality play not mentioning world class and Milan scouts Probably are doing there work better than any one by scouting in Slovania like some one before did with Liberya.
hany.Egypt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2008, 03:40   #6
Snapster

Fave Players: Van Basten, Baresi, Maldini, Kaką
Snapster is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hany.Egypt
I have to say that I totaly disagree with you, not producing world class players in the past does not mean that Slovania will never produce them in the futur, remember that one of our best players ever was from Liberya, a country that has never produced any quality play not mentioning world class and Milan scouts Probably are doing there work better than any one by scouting in Slovania like some one before did with Liberya.
We didn't scout Liberia to find George Weah. We bought him because he was one of the more noticeable players in the champions league whilst playing for PSG. Milan at the time had a fascination of buying players who played well against us, and Weah played very well against us so we snapped him up and he became one of our greats.

I don't think our scouts are worth a damn atm. We won't take chances on young players so we'll never find out if they do make any good recommendations on potential star youngsters. Kaka was a good find but only because he was known by Leonardo. Everyone else we've bought in recent years was already well known.
Old 29-01-2008, 04:27   #7
slicknick

Fave Players: Ronaldo, Seedorf, Messi, Kaka, Gourcuff, Pato
slicknick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hany.Egypt
Or Ukraine and Sheva....
Old 29-01-2008, 06:17   #8
hany.Egypt

Fave Players: san Paolo, Nesta, Pirlo and Ronaldinho
hany.Egypt is on a distinguished road
Snapster I did not say that we scouted Weah, I said like some one before did with him, so I am giving them the credit for that whether it was PSG's scout or any one else.
Quote:
Or Ukraine and Sheva....
Exactly.
hany.Egypt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2008, 06:42   #9
kris
Jedi Master

Fave Players: Past, present and future Milan players
kris is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapster
I don't think our scouts are worth a damn atm. We won't take chances on young players so we'll never find out if they do make any good recommendations on potential star youngsters. Kaka was a good find but only because he was known by Leonardo. Everyone else we've bought in recent years was already well known.
Kaka was more known than Pato. both were scouted by Leonardo... which is in fact our scout. Not sure, but I guess it is aubame that scouts france and may be behind Gourcuff.

There is a difference between scouting and investing. I am sure we have done a lot of scouting, but then it comes down to how much investing we want to do.
Old 29-01-2008, 06:49   #10
peters

peters is on a distinguished road
d0h
if our country is small and our football system is chaotic and poor it doesnt mean we dont have talents. Surely, talents wont be raised here but lately more and more young slovenians go abroad since they cannot develop properly here anymore. We have youth players in big clubs like bayern, milan (eh, even inter hehe) and some older ones that play for first division clubs like Ilic in Betis, Sarma (Handanovic) in Udinese, Birsa in Sochaux, Koren in WBA ( )...
And lets not forget Zahovic who played great for Valencia and Benfica.
peters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2008, 08:19   #11
Tony29.

Tony29. is on a distinguished road
Hleb (Belarus)
Pandev (Macedonia)
Gudjohnsen (Iceland)
Kaladze (Georgia)

They are the only players from their countries who played at top level in the last 10 years or more.
The country of origin should be the last thing you should be looking at when buying a player.
Quality is quality no matter if it's brom Brasil or Liechtenstein.

And yes, Zlatko Zahovic was also a Slovenian and he was a hell of a player. So was one other guy who the younger generation probaly don't remember :Srecko Katanec. He was Sampdoria's best defender in their CL 1991/92 season when they lost the final after extra time.

Last edited by Tony29.; 29-01-2008 at 08:24.
Tony29. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2008, 08:39   #12
drucurl

Fave Players: Ronaldo Kaka Maldini Nesta Inzaghi Seedorf Pato
drucurl will become famous soon enough
What about Dwight Yorke from Trinidad and Tobago
Old 30-01-2008, 00:27   #13
slifersd

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicknick
Or Ukraine and Sheva....

Shevchenko was ripping any team Kiev Dynamo played against a new one in the champions league before we signed him. He wasn't an undiscovered talent but a very well known mega star in the making.
Old 30-01-2008, 01:01   #14
kris
Jedi Master

Fave Players: Past, present and future Milan players
kris is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by slifersd
Shevchenko was ripping any team Kiev Dynamo played against a new one in the champions league before we signed him. He wasn't an undiscovered talent but a very well known mega star in the making.
which is beside your point, which was critisizing his country of origin, not his quality that you know nothing about.
Old 02-02-2008, 16:49   #15
slifersd

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris
which is beside your point, which was critisizing his country of origin, not his quality that you know nothing about.

I couldn't care less about the country of his origin if he was an established superstar like Shevchenko. All I am saying is, if you want to find some diamond in the rough, going to a place that has never produced a diamond and get the brightest stone they have is not the best strategy.