AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics > UEFA Champions League

Notices

View Poll Results: Who do you think Milan will face next round?
Barcelona 2 20.00%
Chelsea 0 0%
Manchester United 1 10.00%
Schalke 4 40.00%
Shakhtar Donetsk 0 0%
Bayern Munich 1 10.00%
Tottenham Hotspur 2 20.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17-12-2010, 06:21   #31
Ryo

Ryo is on a distinguished road
Not as confident as a lot of you, namely because I actually watched the match Merda played against them. Bale will be hard as heck to beat out. The kid is not as weak in the legs as Ronaldo is, and Lennon, Modric and Defoe are no picnic either. This team will play like theres nothing to lose because quite litterally, they really don't. The best I can hope for are some suspensions or injuries to their players because this tie, in my opinion, has banana skin written all over it... Just like Arsenal a couple years back...

The only positive I can think of are Gomez, Gallas and the other centre back tend to get into each others way more often than not. Their midfield play pressuring football and their forewards run 90 minutes. Its definitely gonna be tough.

Ugh.... And for a few minutes there, I even forgot they have Van Der Vaart, the one player I had hoped we'd sign last mercato... The man who literally took them to the next level from just 'a good club'.

Robinho Ibrahimovic Pato

Last edited by Ryo; 17-12-2010 at 06:42.
Ryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2010, 06:25   #32
GeoTav

Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
I"m not that confident about the game ... A bit like Arsenal few years ago, I think it's typically the kind of team that will cause us a lot of problems because of the pace of their best players.

Anyway, like it was mentionned, and it's their main difference with the Arsenal we played against some years ago, they have absolutely no experience in CL, so:
- they do like most of the inexperienced teams managing to qualify, they simply lose their game, don't manage to play at their full potential and are out of the competition against us
- they are the surprising and lucky team that there is each season in CL and we should be very careful

We'll have to wait, but I know we will be at 100% at this moment of the year as the games in CL will be played when our tough schedule will start again !!

19/02/10: Chievo - Milan
22/02/10: CL
27/02/10: Milan - Napoli
06/03/10: Juventus - Milan
08-09/03/10: Second Leg CL ?
13/03/10: Milan - Bari
15-16/03/10: Second Leg CL ?
20/03/10: Palermo - Milan
03/04/10: Milan - Inter

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
The avatar to use by MM members
GeoTav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2010, 06:27   #33
Kaka1899

Fave Players: Kakà, Andrea Pirlo and Paolo Maldini
Kaka1899 is on a distinguished road
but think of it this way, are we better than Inter this season? to me yes and Inter scored 5 past Tottenham in the group stages, chances are if they are coughing up goals so easily we can get a few, we got 2 past Mou's Madrid in San siro with their defence we should be able to get 2 past Gomes and Tottenhams defence! surely?

San Paolo 600 Serie A Appearances Living Legend Grazie Paolo!

Heroes Are Remembered
Legends Live Forever
San Paolo
Kaka1899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2010, 06:53   #34
GeoTav

CL:
Milan - Tottenham
Roma - Shaktar Donetsk
Inter - Bayern Munich

Europa League:
Napoli - Villareal (and the winner of this game will play against Bayer Leverkusen or Metalist Karkov)

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
Old 17-12-2010, 07:05   #35
Xudong

Xudong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
I"m not that confident about the game ... A bit like Arsenal few years ago, I think it's typically the kind of team that will cause us a lot of problems because of the pace of their best players.

Anyway, like it was mentionned, and it's their main difference with the Arsenal we played against some years ago, they have absolutely no experience in CL, so:
- they do like most of the inexperienced teams managing to qualify, they simply lose their game, don't manage to play at their full potential and are out of the competition against us
- they are the surprising and lucky team that there is each season in CL and we should be very careful

We'll have to wait, but I know we will be at 100% at this moment of the year as the games in CL will be played when our tough schedule will start again !!

19/02/10: Chievo - Milan
22/02/10: CL
27/02/10: Milan - Napoli
06/03/10: Juventus - Milan
08-09/03/10: Second Leg CL ?
13/03/10: Milan - Bari
15-16/03/10: Second Leg CL ?
20/03/10: Palermo - Milan
03/04/10: Milan - Inter
we play second leg on march 9.
Old 17-12-2010, 07:14   #36
Christian

Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Nesta, Pippo, Maldini, etc.
Christian is on a distinguished road
I like this draw. Not a high enough profile team that we'll have our hands full, but high enough so that our players and fans will be 100% on for the games.
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2010, 07:19   #37
Elmago99

Fave Players: Nesta, Pippo, Ibra, Rino, Maldini, Tevez, Drogba
Elmago99 is on a distinguished road
If it's one thing Abate has, it's PACE. In that aspect, he can handle the speed of Bale. However, Bale is an excellent player, in form, and their whole team is in Form. Won't be an easy game, but I am excited for this fixture. It won't lack for goals, that's for sure...
Elmago99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2010, 07:34   #38
Ryo

Ryo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmago99 View Post
If it's one thing Abate has, it's PACE. In that aspect, he can handle the speed of Bale. However, Bale is an excellent player, in form, and their whole team is in Form. Won't be an easy game, but I am excited for this fixture. It won't lack for goals, that's for sure...
The problem is, we only have one Abate. He can't take on Bale, Lennon, and to some extent Defoe all at the same time. Thiago may mark out Defoe, but I highly doubt we have anyone else on the team that is fast enough to pick up Lennon... Bale is the biggest threat, but by no means the only one.

Robinho Ibrahimovic Pato
Ryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2010, 07:46   #39
Jay Crisp

Fave Players: Maldini , Boban , Van Basten , Pato , Albertini ,
Jay Crisp is on a distinguished road
Bale was great against Inter and has played well...BUT!! The talk of him is over blown as usual when a player in England has a few good games suddenly he is the best player in the world.He was great agains Inter and had 3 or 4 other really good games but hasnt been consistently great.His technique isnt great at all he is staoppable and Lennon while fast is a bad player when it comes to using the brain , we've seen him for England alot if not spurs.This is a game that if we dont collapse and play well not even awesome we will win.

They leak alot of goals alot and there defence is bad by CL last 16 standards , Ibra Pato Robinho Pirlo even Boateng will be very very hard for Tottenham to hold.Hutton is average as is Akotto Gallas makes alot of mistakes even if King is back he cant run anymore Dawson good nothing more and Kaboul is full of mistakes also.Our attack is a hell of alot better than theres and our defence if we have Abate Nesta Silva and an in form Luca we will win.
Old 17-12-2010, 08:36   #40
GeoTav

Actually, while I'm not too confident, I think we will beat them tactically ... We will have to be careful when they will have moments of attack (with suddenly many players coming at the same time), but more generally, to win this game, we will have to take the possession, and press them directly in midfield (with Nesta and Antonini holding behind, Thiago and Abate can press in midfield as they will be able to run and come back if they get passed by their opponent).

Modric and VdV are weak physically, so Ambrosini and one between Flamini and Gattuso should be able to stop them by playing a tough game on them.

Anyway, we'll see what happens with injuries, but VdV and Modric are not known as players managing to keep being fit for a whole season ...

EDIT: And Jay is right, their defence is awful, that gives me more confidence ... Ibrahimovic will laugh a lot against Gallas, Kaboul and other defenders they have (Assou Ekoto isn't a very good defender, and he tends to always want to push forward, so he will leave space on their left side, what Robinho or Pato will like).

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
Old 17-12-2010, 08:55   #41
Jay Crisp

Fave Players: Maldini , Boban , Van Basten , Pato , Albertini ,
Jay Crisp is on a distinguished road
We will have more possession and they will have to play our game...and honestly against Inter come on Inter are a shambles under Benitez that guy got incredibly lucky against us to win the CL.And they whole time he managed Liverpool they always mentioned his great Valencia side that that got to 2 CL finals...that was hector coupe he did win the league though.
Gomes isnt solid either since his move.Ibra Pato Binho maybe Cassano (wait he's cup tied is he ??) will run over there defence and once we are reasonably concentrated in defence we will win.
Old 17-12-2010, 09:12   #42
mzk57

Fave Players: DM10 PM3 AN13 JZ4 GB9 FL8 PN11 WS10 DV7 JDT & KJH
mzk57 is an unknown quantity at this point
Damn .... I wanted a bigger fish. But still it would be nice to kill off an EPL team. Then Barca or Manchester in next round. But one thing for sure, If Robben & Ribbery are injury free, then it means Inter are out of UCL in next round

"WHY so serious?....." Let's put a SMILE on that face! "
mzk57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2010, 09:32   #43
Lebanese

Fave Players: Rossonero
Lebanese is on a distinguished road
Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp is relishing the upcoming Champions League tie against AC Milan.
“It’s a great draw. Whoever you draw is going to be tough,” Redknapp told Sky Sports News.
“It’s an exciting game to play, it’s a game we look forward to, AC Milan have won the trophy seven or eight times.
“They have a fantastic record, they are the top team in Italy leading the league with great players.
“It’s something we look forward to. It’s a great challenge and opportunity. They have some real quality fantastic players. It’s an exciting game.
“I said before I wouldn’t mind playing them because you want to play the top teams in the world, it’s what people want to see so it’s a great chance to bring them to White Hart Lane.”

to all the people saying how to stop this and that, try to think of how we are going to approach the game and don't think of individuals, we are playing as a team of late, we are moving as a unit and we are not scared of anyone, we are just humble but not scared.
Old 17-12-2010, 09:52   #44
nasescoba1985

nasescoba1985 is on a distinguished road
Sorry...

Spurs fan in peace, reading with interest the views of AC milan fans and dont get me wrong you have every rite to feel confident being the much more experienced side in this competition and the fact your playing quiet well in Serie A but i believe many of you are really under estimating us and i feel it will come back to bite you rite in the ***. First off if you actually follow the prem closely you will find spurs have not had our 1st choice defence for 3 months and have gone through the whole champions league group without our proper defence. Our defence is not as bad as you lot think especially now we are getting the likes of Dawson back to full fitness. Inter mite not be as good under Rafa but they are still european champions and although we lost 4-3 at the san siro ( down to 10 men most the game) we absoloutely ripped them to shreads at white hart lane. Spurs could beat anyone at White hart lane and unless you get a convinving win at the san siro you will find it extremely hard to beat us at the lane. To the guy that said " our attack is miles better than theres".... I think you will find thats false. We are the leading scorers in the champions league along with Arsenal so i'm not sure how you work that out. Gareth Bale is hyped up because he is a superb player and for the people who think he's only been good because of a handful of games know nothing.... Bale has been excellent since halfway through last season and he was putting in quality performances against the likes of chelsea and arsenal. I believe our attack will be to quick for your aeging defence hence why i believe spurs will suprise you and go through as winners. COYS!!
nasescoba1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2010, 09:55   #45
Reza
Administrator

Fave Players: Baresi
Reza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the rough
^ Welcome to the forum. Lots of time between now and February. I hope for good matches....and a Milan win of course