AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

Old 31-08-2006, 13:38   #1
Graeme C

Fave Players: Boban, Van Basten, Kaka
Graeme C is on a distinguished road
Worst Transfer season ever!

Dont want to be a member of the doom and gloom group, but i am sooo angry with out transfers this summer, its more embarrasing than anything else!

The Milan management had the perfect chance to improve the current squad and reinforce in areas that we were lacking! ok the world cup, scandal and Champ League qualification knocked us back a lil bit, but in most cases we failed to sign players because Milan were too tight to spend Money. We were linked to Torres,Ronaldo and Sobis, we failed to land any of them because Milan thought there were too expensive!

Hitmannq8 wrote what i wanted to say, so im gona quote him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmannq8

Shame on the management. Promising us a big-name signing as a surprise to satisfy the fans cuz of Sheva's departure. Shame on them. Its like our target next season is to get 3rd spot in Serie A and pass group stages in CL. How fking low can that be for a team that is managed by Berlusconi and a team that has 6 CL's?

Yes there was the calciopoli and CL qualification but STILL our management made DISGRACEFUL mistakes. I mean sending Foggia to lazio and not getting Oddo in return? Selling Sheva for a mere 30m when he is the best striker in the world and is at his prime? and not even getting a player we really wanted in return (gallas)? Missing out on Zambrotta and Buffon? 3 of our targeted strikers wanted Inter over us because of their offers to them (Ibra,Crespo,Ronaldo).

Ofcourse I will remain a Milan fan through thick and thin but this transfer campaign is certainly the worst one I have ever lived through. Its humuliating to know Valencia got Joaquin, Tavano and Real got Canna,Diarra,RvN and Chelsea got Sheva,Ballack and Inter got Ibra,Vieira,Crespo,Gonzalez,Grosso and FKING WEST HAM GOT TEVEZ/MASCHERANO. Shame on the management for not working early in the market, they cant use the Calciopoli as an excuse. They had 3 months to do the transfers. That is why we have Braida working in Milan, he is a transfer director he is not a Milan official. He should have been working on transfers even if Milan were in trial.
On sports.it Milan got 5.5 for overall transfers, Torino, palermo, Livorno all got higher ratings that milan did! that is just heartbreaking!

"Milan: non un mercato esaltante per il Milan che č stato 'disturbato' dalla vicenda di Calciopoli. Il brasiliano Oliveira potrebbe essere una rivelazione ma sostituire Shevchenko non sarą certo facile. Voto al mercato: 5.5"

In the early 90s we had a kick a*s team with alot of talent and depth. After the loss to Liverpool and Barcalona there should have been a wakeup call to do something with the squad! is it Ancelloti or the directors.... £4 mill for Oddo isnt alot when you consider we useto spend more on Laursen, De ascentis and co!

I personaly think Galliani and Braida should resign , as this transfer season is a disaster! If we had signed Oddo and another defender maybe we might have done ok, but to get nothing back from the Sheva and Foggia deals is too much! Next year we are going to be in a bad position as for example Dida, Serghino, Maldini, Billy, Cafu are all 35+ and reaching the end of their career.. i personally cannot see us spending money on 4 defenders.. thats before buying midfield and attacking options.. Gourcuff might be the next Zidane, but he hasnt played in Europe or against Italian defenders.. For this reason i cant see the logic against buying players like Torres and Tevez who did well in the world cup!

Galliani the one who got us into the trial for not admiting knowing that Meani complained about the refs, for getting us a 8 point penalty this season, and making us have to qualify for the champ league! with Galliani still being in Milan our Integrity is in doubt, and we will always have the trial arround our necks! It would be better for our image to start new! If the scandal has made it harder to attract players its Galliani's fault!

As for braida i just cannot see how he has made such a mess with the transfers, they should have been scouting and made a list of players who could be available and target lists before the world cup. Pre season agreements should have been considered! Milan is to kind to the Chelseas and the lazios when really they have to be a bast*** and think for the great of the team!

Me and jimUk have discussed this and think it would be interesting to have Leonardo and Cesare Maldini as Directors of the Club. Leonardo speaks at least 8 languages and is well respected as a Player... Both are Scouts for us atm. Cesare has spoken Public ly about players who he thinks are good enough for us, and he is extremely experienced and would be ideal for the job!

As for Belusconi? what is this brazilian obcession he has? Ronaldinho is a dream, but does his team have to suffer for his dream? Think, why did we sign Oliveira? who is his agent... Oliviera's agent is Ronaldinho's brother and agent, logic behind the move is to get Ronaldinhos bro sweet and try to lure Ronaldinho to Milan for next season!

i respect Belusconi for what he has done with the club up to now, i respect him as i grew up in a area owned by him.. But now i think hes been sitting in the sun to long or something... my 2 cents

Last edited by Graeme C; 31-08-2006 at 13:53.
Graeme C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2006, 13:55   #2
zlatanov

Fave Players: Zinedine Zidane, Genarro Gattuso, Alessandro Nesta
zlatanov is on a distinguished road
The point of a transfer season is to improve the team and bring it success.
With this in mind, I honestly doubt that this transfer season would be worse than the years in the late 90s and later when we were buying lots of new players, made the fans happy but would end the season struggling somewhere in teh middle of the table.
zlatanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2006, 14:00   #3
Graeme C

under sacchi and capello we had a bigger drive to get the best players in Europe, now we wont spend like 2 mil euros extra to settle transfer deals.. thats why we have lost out on so many this summer!
Old 31-08-2006, 14:02   #4
Rick

Fave Players: Paolo Maldini
Rick is on a distinguished road
What a silly thread. Explain to me, then, exactly how this transfer season has been worse than, say, the transfer season of 1927?
Old 31-08-2006, 14:05   #5
SANT

Fave Players: Capitan Maldini, Kaka', Nesta & Gli Invecibili
SANT is on a distinguished road
when we signed players who became important part of our team, they were not necesarily the most wanted players in the world... examples: Boban, Savicevic, Desailly, Leonardo, etc.

and many we have signed under the currently wanted criteria here (young, talented, the next biggest thing, have been flops) example: Kluivert, Davids, Bogarde, Reiziger from Ajax...
Old 31-08-2006, 14:05   #6
Graeme C

1927? lol tv and media is bigger now, so we are more intouch with what happens.. Milan are alot richer now than in 1927...
Old 31-08-2006, 14:08   #7
Arildonardo

Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato!
Arildonardo is on a distinguished road
Is it really that bad?

Rui Costa out - Gourcuff in:
Promising, already proven in the french league, young talent takes over for old over-the-top player.

Shevchenko out - Ricardo Oliveira in:
A player who has been top goalscorer in Primera Division two seasons ago replaces a player that wasn't motivated for being in Milan anymore.

Vogel out - Brocchi in:
No changes here, an ok player replaces an ok player.

Amoroso out - Borriello in:
Promising young player ready for the next step of his career takes over for old over-the-top player.

Stam out - Bonera and Favalli in:
Old injury-prone player replaced by old not so injury-prone player + a young player with great potential.

In addition to that Inzaghi have been doing well for the whole pre-season which hasn't happened for a while, so I think he will be better than ever this season. And also Ambrosini can almost be considered a new signing, as he is finally injury-free.

And criticizing Berlusconi just because he doesn't use as much money as Abramovich on his club is ridiculous. No-one uses the amount of money that Abramovich does! All that Milan have done for us for the last 20 years or so we can thank Berlusconi for!

We are Milan, we have a strong squad and we will compete on every front this season. I don't see why we can't do even better than last season.

Forza Milan!

Arildonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2006, 14:08   #8
Jim_UK

Jim_UK is on a distinguished road
Well, you know what i think Graeme as we've already talked about it

I don't know if Berlusconi's sons are interested in running the club but if one of them is i think now is the time for them to come aboard. Berlusconi is 70 this year and even though he's come back to us he's still really a politician at heart. So i think if he showed his son the ropes, they'd be in good stead to take over from him in the near future.

In some respects we have too many chiefs and not enough Indians at the club. Berlusconi wants things run his way, Galliani wants things done his way, Ancelotti wants things done a different way. It's not a healthy situation really.

Zlatanov, i agree that the transfer window is designed to improve the team. But we've not done that.
Old 31-08-2006, 14:08   #9
Rick

Fave Players: Paolo Maldini
Rick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme C
1927? lol tv and media is bigger now, so we are more intouch with what happens.. Milan are alot richer now than in 1927...
And what do any of those things have to do with whether or not this transfer season was better or worse? The fact is that you have no idea how this transfer season compares to, oh, about 100 past ones. You're just yelling "worst transfer season ever!!!!" because you think it sounds good.
Old 31-08-2006, 14:11   #10
Arildonardo

Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato!
Arildonardo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SANT
when we signed players who became important part of our team, they were not necesarily the most wanted players in the world... examples: Boban, Savicevic, Desailly, Leonardo, etc.

and many we have signed under the currently wanted criteria here (young, talented, the next biggest thing, have been flops) example: Kluivert, Davids, Bogarde, Reiziger from Ajax...
Ba...
Arildonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2006, 14:15   #11
Trequartista

Fave Players: Gattuso, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Pato,Shevchenko
Trequartista is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme C
Dont want to be a member of the doom and gloom group, but i am sooo angry with out transfers this summer, its more embarrasing than anything else!

The Milan management had the perfect chance to improve the current squad and reinforce in areas that we were lacking! ok the world cup, scandal and Champ League qualification knocked us back a lil bit, but in most cases we failed to sign players because Milan were too tight to spend Money. We were linked to Torres,Ronaldo and Sobis, we failed to land any of them because Milan thought there were too expensive!

Hitmannq8 wrote what i wanted to say, so im gona quote him!

On sports.it Milan got 5.5 for overall transfers, Torino, palermo, Livorno all got higher ratings that milan did! that is just heartbreaking!

"Milan: non un mercato esaltante per il Milan che č stato 'disturbato' dalla vicenda di Calciopoli. Il brasiliano Oliveira potrebbe essere una rivelazione ma sostituire Shevchenko non sarą certo facile. Voto al mercato: 5.5"

In the early 90s we had a kick a*s team with alot of talent and depth. After the loss to Liverpool and Barcalona there should have been a wakeup call to do something with the squad! is it Ancelloti or the directors.... £4 mill for Oddo isnt alot when you consider we useto spend more on Laursen, De ascentis and co!

I personaly think Galliani and Braida should resign , as this transfer season is a disaster! If we had signed Oddo and another defender maybe we might have done ok, but to get nothing back from the Sheva and Foggia deals is too much! Next year we are going to be in a bad position as for example Dida, Serghino, Maldini, Billy, Cafu are all 35+ and reaching the end of their career.. i personally cannot see us spending money on 4 defenders.. thats before buying midfield and attacking options.. Gourcuff might be the next Zidane, but he hasnt played in Europe or against Italian defenders.. For this reason i cant see the logic against buying players like Torres and Tevez who did well in the world cup!

Galliani the one who got us into the trial for not admiting knowing that Meani complained about the refs, for getting us a 8 point penalty this season, and making us have to qualify for the champ league! with Galliani still being in Milan our Integrity is in doubt, and we will always have the trial arround our necks! It would be better for our image to start new! If the scandal has made it harder to attract players its Galliani's fault!

As for braida i just cannot see how he has made such a mess with the transfers, they should have been scouting and made a list of players who could be available and target lists before the world cup. Pre season agreements should have been considered! Milan is to kind to the Chelseas and the lazios when really they have to be a bast*** and think for the great of the team!

Me and jimUk have discussed this and think it would be interesting to have Leonardo and Cesare Maldini as Directors of the Club. Leonardo speaks at least 8 languages and is well respected as a Player... Both are Scouts for us atm. Cesare has spoken Public ly about players who he thinks are good enough for us, and he is extremely experienced and would be ideal for the job!

As for Belusconi? what is this brazilian obcession he has? Ronaldinho is a dream, but does his team have to suffer for his dream? Think, why did we sign Oliveira? who is his agent... Oliviera's agent is Ronaldinho's brother and agent, logic behind the move is to get Ronaldinhos bro sweet and try to lure Ronaldinho to Milan for next season!

i respect Belusconi for what he has done with the club up to now, i respect him as i grew up in a area owned by him.. But now i think hes been sitting in the sun to long or something... my 2 cents

Well said my friend, i am frustrated too okay if management is happy with the stirkers then look at the defense we should of bought another young defender or yes oddo and rotate the central defense with the oldies!! i think we should of bought tevez considering he went to west ham for gods sake!! and i like torres but if he is untouchable so be it.

if we have injuries it is going to be interesting lets see what happens

i think if we have no success this yr we may see a huge transfer campaign next season .. lets hope we win something boys!!

forza milan!
Trequartista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2006, 14:16   #12
zlatanov

Fave Players: Zinedine Zidane, Genarro Gattuso, Alessandro Nesta
zlatanov is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_UK
Zlatanov, i agree that the transfer window is designed to improve the team. But we've not done that.
well, I have yet to see that but by the looks of TIM Trophy I can virtually guarantee that Inter have NOT done it ... despite their great (on paper) transfers.
btw, only Milan starters playing vs Inter are Kaka (pretty average) and Seedorf (great). Favalli and Boriello scored nice, nice goals after some great work from Seedorf ....
zlatanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2006, 14:19   #13
rahul.acm

rahul.acm is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick
And what do any of those things have to do with whether or not this transfer season was better or worse? The fact is that you have no idea how this transfer season compares to, oh, about 100 past ones. You're just yelling "worst transfer season ever!!!!" because you think it sounds good.

Then you might want to teach us how to compare!

Walk your talk! Compare this season to any other season which you think was "horrible".
Old 31-08-2006, 14:19   #14
OCmilano

Fave Players: All that wear Red & Black
OCmilano is on a distinguished road
I think all the fans should just wait and see what are team does with this squad. Im actually very angry myself for not getting atleast a couple of promising signings. But if they start bad and go to worse i think we should be angry as fans.. Lets see when the season starts but if were going to compete on all fronts we need a deep squad and we dont have it now so lets wait and see...
OCmilano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2006, 14:19   #15
Jim_UK

Jim_UK is on a distinguished road
We all know pre season games don't mean anything Zlat

It's hard to be critical of the team you love most, the team you'll defend to the hilt. But sometimes you have to be honest and objective.

Our squad had flaws in the way it played last season and flaws with some of the players in the squad, this summer these issues have not been addressed in my opinion.