Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

Old 02-02-2011, 14:58   #46
Nalx

Fave Players: San Marco, Billy, Patinho
Nalx is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmannq8 View Post

Tuttomercato (not the most reliable) are reporting that the person who decreased Non-EU spots to one is not there any more, and due to most clubs complaining about the rule last year, it is highly likely that they will return to TWO non-eu spots per club per transfer market. This move could see us bid for Jucilei and Honda, but I sure hope that we can sign Lucas Marcelinho, but since he's too young we can let Genoa sign him and then we keep him there for a year and bring him to Milan in a year.

Meanwhile: Palermo 2-0 Juventus and Chievo 1-0 Napoli - half way through the first half, (you guys should see Chievo's world class goal).
It'll be great if we return to the old two EU spot rule. Anyway, I'm watching Palermo-Juve which more entertaining than the Blackburn-Tottenham game. Two of our former youth graduates Darmian and Matri play tonight. The former does nothing special so far while the latter had already wasted two clear chances.
Old 02-02-2011, 15:04   #47
Jay Crisp

Fave Players: Maldini , Boban , Van Basten , Pato , Albertini ,
Jay Crisp is on a distinguished road
Those streaming sites will re-setup as easily as they are shut down.

Chievo 2 Napoli 0...rocking on.
Old 02-02-2011, 15:18   #48
MilanMikey

Fave Players: Rivaldo,Ronaldinho,Pirlo
MilanMikey is on a distinguished road
matris doing pretty bad,

GANSOOOOOOOOOOO
MilanMikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 15:26   #49
Jay Crisp

Fave Players: Maldini , Boban , Van Basten , Pato , Albertini ,
Jay Crisp is on a distinguished road
Matri was awful...my lizard would of scored his chances
Old 02-02-2011, 19:11   #50
MilanMikey

Fave Players: Rivaldo,Ronaldinho,Pirlo
MilanMikey is on a distinguished road
anything would have scored to those chances even bonera, not to mention he was taken off the ball after every dribbling attempt.. iff its the pressure that made him play like this then how would he do at milan nevermind juve
MilanMikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 19:20   #51
hitmannq8

Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
Imagine he was bought for 18m..... stupid Juventus, really stupid club run by clowns. Marotta & Del Neri were NEVER Juventus standard.
hitmannq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 19:21   #52
GeoTav

Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Sad to read more and more general judgements on players after one game on this forum ...
Saying the guy did a bad game is normal if you think so, but judging the overall quality of a player and his potential in the future after one bad game (same can be said when a guy does an amazing performance) is just something people should avoid.

Just my thought though ...

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
The avatar to use by MM members
GeoTav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 19:56   #53
Aficio

Fave Players: Maradona & Paolo Maldini
Aficio is on a distinguished road
Juventus will play in their own stadium next year, be careful. Their income should be the greatest, behind Milan the trebe winner
Aficio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 19:59   #54
Christian

Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Nesta, Pippo, Maldini, etc.
Christian is on a distinguished road
Have to agree with Geo. Matri's only on loan at Juve, and tbh, he has performed well on occassions earlier.

That being said, apparently the clause to buy him is 15m Euro's in the summer, and apparently Juve payed quite a bit to get him on loan. I refuse to believe that Juve are gonna pay 15 M euro for a player like Matri, cause he's just not that good. That's the kinda money you pay for someone who's gonna be in the first 11 and Matri's just not good enough, and probably never will be good enough, to do that for a club like Juve (Or at least the club they wanna be).
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 20:45   #55
slifersd

slifersd is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Crisp View Post
Seing as D.Luiz is gone , Im proposing that we should sign Brock Lesnar for CB position...lolI have no faith in this site but please be true http://www.southamericanfootball.co....rticle_id=1112

Let's see that punk Kozak, or whatever his name is, try to throw his elbows at our CBs then. Brock would choke his butt out right there and then in a minute.
slifersd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 21:43   #56
Gabriel489

Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
I don't anyone would even try to play rough against Milan if Brock is our CB.
Gabriel489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 22:38   #57
Elmago99

Fave Players: Nesta, Pippo, Ibra, Rino, Maldini, Tevez, Drogba
Elmago99 is on a distinguished road
Randomly turned on the television to see Olympique Lyon vs. Benfica.. which happened a few months ago...

Fabio Coentrao looked fantastic defensively, and showed good skill on the ball. Also, very good sending long balls a la Pirlo.

D. Luiz was at fault for one of the goals as he gave the ball away then was not in position.

For Lyon, Michel Bastos looked very dangerous, and I didn't see Cissokho do much. Gourcuff also was so-so....

Obviously just a random game, and you have to judge many performances together, but Coentrao is really a quality player, I'd love him at Milan.
Elmago99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 23:32   #58
Xudong

Xudong is on a distinguished road
I just hope that the two non-EU policy can be confirmed, then we can start dreaming again.
Old 02-02-2011, 23:50   #59
ZvonimirBoban

Fave Players: my username, Baresi, Kaka, GATTUSO, Maldini, Pippo
ZvonimirBoban is on a distinguished road
The Gander and The Duck... Summer 2011, Milan, wait for it.
SEMPRE PER TE!
ZvonimirBoban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 02:29   #60
Nalx

Fave Players: San Marco, Billy, Patinho
Nalx is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
Sad to read more and more general judgements on players after one game on this forum ...
Saying the guy did a bad game is normal if you think so, but judging the overall quality of a player and his potential in the future after one bad game (same can be said when a guy does an amazing performance) is just something people should avoid.

Just my thought though ...
I know you're talking in general and I respect that. But last night wasn't my first game watching him, far from that. IMHO he's a mediocre striker whose personal record is 13 goals a season (he's likely to break that since he already scored 11 this season), an Italian version of Darren Bent. And although we mustn't judge him from his first game with a new club, I think he has already shown worrying signs of another player who cracks under pressure. He's not a kid anymore, he's freaking 26 now. So much for his "potential in the future" that we only considered him when our 4th striker was injured.

But the worst part is his price : € 18 millions including 2,5 millions for a six month loan. While another option like Pazzini who is an int'l player and has a better record costs € 19 millions. That's what happened when you were buying just for the sake of it. Having said that, if he fails that's Juve's "loss" though so it's a good thing