Go Back   AC Milan Forums > COMMUNITY > Members Lounge

Notices

Old 01-08-2010, 14:53   #991
ACMILAN1983

Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalx View Post
Though they're far from bad for some reason, I never want to watch most Scorcese's movies for the second time, let alone to save it in my laptop.

For many people (and critics) Raging Bull is the best movie about sport, but IMO Eastwood's Million Dollar Baby is much better. Then there was Goodfellas, but to me when you've watched The Godfather, you've seen all there is needs or worths to be seen.

Departed is a very good movie. But it's plot (how several stories eventually linked one to another towards the end) is similar to Crash. Heck, when I first saw it, it felt like watching Crash again, only this time instead of a city, the stories took place on several countries.

His only movie that I saved is Taxi Driver. I love this movie though I can't exactly say why. Perhaps it's because of De Niro's convincing acting, perhaps it's because of Cybil Shepperd's blue eyes, I don't know...
Actually The Departed is an American remake of a Hong Kong trilogy called Infernal Affairs. Whilst for obvious reasons you may not find Infernal Affairs particularly new now, I would definitely recommend it as they are superb films.
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 15:47   #992
GeoTav

Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
There is one horror movie I still can't watch nowadays ...
The movie is called "It". It's about a clown who kills children (the children are the only ones to be able to see him, I mean to see "it" if I remember).

This movie isn't gore, there is no blood (I say that from memory) because it was a movie done for TV. I watched it when I was 7 or 8 (well, not entirely), and I shouldn't have done that.

I tried to watch it again few years ago, but that recalled me how frightened I was when I watched it for the first time and I didn't watch this movie entirely again.

I'm unable to tell you if it's a good movie or not, I'm unable to tell you if I was afraid because of the ambiancy or just because I was too young, all I know is that I will probably never watch this movie again in my life !!

PS: I just read that they're going to make a "remake", or another adaptation of the Stephen King's book, for theatres/cinema ...

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
The avatar to use by MM members

Last edited by GeoTav; 01-08-2010 at 15:51.
GeoTav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 16:56   #993
Nalx

Fave Players: San Marco, Billy, Patinho
Nalx is on a distinguished road
Damn, I just re-read my posts and realised I made two mistakes. First I was referring to Before Sunrise, and not it's sequel Before Sunset. The second one is even more embarassing. What I really meant when I was blabbing about a movie similar to Crash was Innaritu's Babel, not Scorcese's The Departed. How on earth did I mixed it up, I honestly have no idea. I certainly have finished the process of growing up and entering the growing OLD phase now..

Anyway, I don't know if this has been asked before but can somebody give me some suggestions about football-related movies? Preferably of drama genre, not comedy like Shaolin Soccer.

I remember watching "When Saturday Comes" on TV when I was a kid. All I can recall is that it's about a man who despite having real talent struggle with alcoholism.
Old 01-08-2010, 18:19   #994
Christian

Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Nesta, Pippo, Maldini, etc.
Christian is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalx View Post
Damn, I just re-read my posts and realised I made two mistakes. First I was referring to Before Sunrise, and not it's sequel Before Sunset. The second one is even more embarassing. What I really meant when I was blabbing about a movie similar to Crash was Innaritu's Babel, not Scorcese's The Departed. How on earth did I mixed it up, I honestly have no idea. I certainly have finished the process of growing up and entering the growing OLD phase now..

Anyway, I don't know if this has been asked before but can somebody give me some suggestions about football-related movies? Preferably of drama genre, not comedy like Shaolin Soccer.

I remember watching "When Saturday Comes" on TV when I was a kid. All I can recall is that it's about a man who despite having real talent struggle with alcoholism.
You should watch 'The Damned United' from 2009. It's about the English manager Brian Clough's time at Leeds United (Back when Leeds was a big team). It stars Michael Sheen (Players Tony Blair in the Queen, and Frost in Frost/Nixon) who's an actor I really like.

Definetly worth a watch.
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2010, 14:17   #995
ACMILAN1983

Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Watched Inception yesterday at the cinema and must say it's a must watch for anyone, a truly remarkable film, leaving me almost speechless at the end. It really is an all time great.

Also finally got around to watching Kick Ass, which I really thought was quite good, though wasn't quite expecting it to be quite as violent as it was. It's odd mix of humour and superheroes works well though and for any fan of comic books/superheroes, it will entertain.

Another one to recommend is a Batman animated movie, called Under the Red Hood. A superb and dark tail about Batman and despite it not being too famous, an excellent film for any Batman fan.
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2010, 17:35   #996
kastriot

Fave Players: The one and only MALDINI
kastriot is on a distinguished road
Law Abiding Citizen....great Great Movie, Very Clear Message On How The Us Judicial System Operates.
Old 16-08-2010, 01:57   #997
Sputnik

Fave Players: Marco Van Basten
Sputnik is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMILAN1983 View Post
Watched Inception yesterday at the cinema and must say it's a must watch for anyone, a truly remarkable film, leaving me almost speechless at the end. It really is an all time great.

Also finally got around to watching Kick Ass, which I really thought was quite good, though wasn't quite expecting it to be quite as violent as it was. It's odd mix of humour and superheroes works well though and for any fan of comic books/superheroes, it will entertain.

Another one to recommend is a Batman animated movie, called Under the Red Hood. A superb and dark tail about Batman and despite it not being too famous, an excellent film for any Batman fan.
Man, i can't wait to see Inception. Nolan never lets me down. You got me all wired up now.

About Kick-Ass, i would go as far as to declare it a landmark in the particular genre. You got to hand it to the guys who made a love letter to comics but also had a taste for self-sarcasm and mockery. The girl steals the show, Nick Cage was finally at his comical best and the climax at the end is bloody awesome! The comic little brother of Sin City. I loved everything in it.

Anyone into docs? You gotta see "KING OF KONG", especially if you are into video games. It's about the world record on Donkey Kong. It will change your mind forever in what has to do with video games. You see the movie and you don't believe that these people actually exist. Serious stuff, really.
Sputnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2010, 00:46   #998
Codino

Fave Players: Van Basten, Baggio
Codino is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sputnik View Post
Man, i can't wait to see Inception. Nolan never lets me down. You got me all wired up now.

About Kick-Ass, i would go as far as to declare it a landmark in the particular genre. You got to hand it to the guys who made a love letter to comics but also had a taste for self-sarcasm and mockery. The girl steals the show, Nick Cage was finally at his comical best and the climax at the end is bloody awesome! The comic little brother of Sin City. I loved everything in it.

Anyone into docs? You gotta see "KING OF KONG", especially if you are into video games. It's about the world record on Donkey Kong. It will change your mind forever in what has to do with video games. You see the movie and you don't believe that these people actually exist. Serious stuff, really.
hahaha yeah i heard this is full on! im so keen to watch it. Any one seen Control? if you are into Joy Division you will love it. probably one of my fav true stories. even if you know the full story you end up with so much emotion.
Old 17-08-2010, 01:52   #999
Sputnik

Fave Players: Marco Van Basten
Sputnik is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codino View Post
hahaha yeah i heard this is full on! im so keen to watch it. Any one seen Control? if you are into Joy Division you will love it. probably one of my fav true stories. even if you know the full story you end up with so much emotion.
Radio Live Transmission. Simply awesome. The Joy Division were just a bit ahead of their time.
Sputnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2010, 12:09   #1000
Christian

Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Nesta, Pippo, Maldini, etc.
Christian is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sputnik View Post

Just watched it a couple of days ago, absolutly love it. Some of those guys are just unbelievable, but noone beats Billy Mitchell. Check out this MTV spot on him: Billy Mitchell

Another movie I watched a while back that I'd recommend is Tropa de Elite (Elite Squad), it's the same guys that did City of God and it shows. Definetly worth a watch (And it's Ronaldinho's favorite movie believe it or not).
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2010, 07:34   #1001
mzk57

Fave Players: DM10 PM3 AN13 JZ4 GB9 FL8 PN11 WS10 DV7 JDT & KJH
mzk57 is an unknown quantity at this point
If a video has got 1280 px by 528 px resolution & its in .mp4 format, is it HD video? I want to know some basic things/information about HD videos, anyone? help needed here

"WHY so serious?....." Let's put a SMILE on that face! "
mzk57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2010, 14:24   #1002
mzk57

Is any one on MM is also a genuine movies fan as well? Any one with some movie collection or something?

Old 21-09-2010, 10:37   #1003
DUCO

Fave Players: Nesta ,Gourcuff,RIVERA,Kaka,Pato,MALDINI,Sheva
DUCO is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzk57 View Post
Is any one on MM is also a genuine movies fan as well? Any one with some movie collection or something?
yes mzk57 I m watching the movi fans you most ceked out CASS this film is based on the true store is awesome..
the firm is nice

I watched the INCEPTION this days this film is something divrent from any else it s new gener of Movi

And Robin Hood is nice the new one it s realistic and the good store

GAME OVER
DUCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2010, 13:16   #1004
mzk57

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUCO View Post
yes mzk57 I m watching the movi fans you most ceked out CASS this film is based on the true store is awesome..
the firm is nice

I watched the INCEPTION this days this film is something divrent from any else it s new gener of Movi

And Robin Hood is nice the new one it s realistic and the good store
Now thats my type of a Milan fan Surely I will check Inception & Robin Hood. Tell you a little story, when the Batman Begins & specially The Dark Knight were released back in 2005 & 2008 respectively, I skipped them despite all the buzz of TDK in 2008 specially, thinking that a batman-movie would be no fun for me & its for little kids who watch cartoons. Few months ago, i don't know what happened, I just decided to try TDK. I wasn't expecting much & just started watching & by the time it ended, I was absolutely stunned & captivated by the thrill & excitement which I experienced. Then after my summer vacations, I watched Batman Begins & I loved it as well. Now I can't stop thinking about these 2 movies.

The reason for my this story is that now I will not wait 2 years to watch a Christopher Nolan film So Inception is probably the next on my movies-to-watch list.

By the way DUCO, do you have any movie, DVD collection? I am on a mission of getting the full series of 007 James Bond Movies 9 downloaded & 11 to go

Old 14-11-2010, 13:36   #1005
bijon

Fave Players: Seedorf, Cassano, Pirlo, Nesta, Pazzini
bijon is on a distinguished road
I didn't know this thread even existed, here are a few I recommend:

City of God, a Brazilian crime drama with English subtitles, if you liked the Godfather, I''m sure you will love this, very different but equally impressive. I bow down to the guy who directed this, the cinematography is a work of art.
Godfather trilogy, of course
Burn after reading, a quirky satire about a few stupid Americans, whats not to like about that?...if you like dark shock humor then its a must
Monty Python - the meaning of life, there are 2 types of people, those that "get" Monty Python and those that don't
Monty Python - the life of brian, "
Napoleon Dynamite, frikkin hilarious, nuff' said
Despicable me, best animation of teh year for me
District 9, more than just another alien movie, I found the layers
Borat: The cultural leanings of America...toilet humor and sexist jokes at its best
Other movies that are ok: Blood Diamond, Eastern Promises, Syriana
bijon is offline   Reply With Quote