Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Players

Notices

Old 10-02-2008, 02:33   #286
kastriot

Fave Players: The one and only MALDINI
kastriot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony29.
And why don't you compare Pato and Messi and what they've done when they were the same age ?
Actually, you guys are doing this but you're only taking the facts that suit you while you're forgetting 1 thing..............

.................Messi single handedly won the World Cup for u-20 players when he wasn't even 18 while Pato did almost nothing at the same level and at the same age.
I think u got your facts all wrong Tony, the Last time Argentina won the world cup u-20 , Augero was the man who carried Argentina all the way, Banega was there two....I dont think messi even played.

The other occasion where Argentina won the U - 20 championship was in 2001, yet again Messi didnt play.

Another thing that Argentina won recently was the Olympic games in 2004, but Tevez was awarded the golden boot.

Maybe I`m wrong but I dont think Messi was that influential i Argentinas games over the years.

Messi is playing for Barcelona since 11 years old, Pato had just 20 professionals games before joining us. and at the time when he was supposed to make a transfer and join the bigger Brazilian teams he was diagnosed with tumour so...
Old 10-02-2008, 03:04   #287
hitmannq8

Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
kastriot, Tony is right.

Last summer there was the U-19 championships here in Canada and it was Sergio Aguero who lifted the Argentines to win, yes you are right. But in the season were Messi debuted, in the previous summer he played in an U-21 or U-20 competition and he literally single-handedly got the world cup for the Argentines. What I mean is that whenever he wanted to score, he would do so. It was like he was playing with kids.

I only said that it was my opinion that Messi is better than Pato and then someone sais I been smoking some strong stuff. Really when you compare what they both have done, Messi by far outweighs Pato. Only difference is that Pato has performed under so much pressure but Messi is yet to be tested under pressure. I think most of you are jus sayin Pato is better because he plays for Milan and really don't want to see past it.. Just like how we will always think Kaka is the #1 no matter how bad he plays..
hitmannq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 03:25   #288
kastriot

Fave Players: The one and only MALDINI
kastriot is on a distinguished road
To be more realistic;

Messi is better right now, was better at the same age...doesnt mean he`ll be better.

But I think when compared this two, you shouldnt take age as comparison, i think most accurate will be their experience...After Pato has two years in milan we can start comparing
Old 10-02-2008, 05:03   #289
hany.Egypt

Fave Players: san Paolo, Nesta, Pirlo and Ronaldinho
hany.Egypt is on a distinguished road
Look at Messi right now with Barca, his performance is good no more no less because he is exposed to ''too much pressure that he can't handle'' while Pato is considered a saviour but he stills able to do his work.
hany.Egypt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 05:54   #290
Tony29.

Tony29. is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmannq8
kastriot, Tony is right.

Last summer there was the U-19 championships here in Canada and it was Sergio Aguero who lifted the Argentines to win, yes you are right. But in the season were Messi debuted, in the previous summer he played in an U-21 or U-20 competition and he literally single-handedly got the world cup for the Argentines. What I mean is that whenever he wanted to score, he would do so. It was like he was playing with kids.
Actually, it was the same kind of world cup for youth players, FIFA U-20 world cup, just that Pato played in 2007 while Messi played in 2005.
Messi won both the golden boot and the golden ball back in 2005 and he won the world cup single-handedly, indeed.
Messi was 17 years and 11 months old while Pato was 17 years and 9 months old during the world cup.
Old 10-02-2008, 06:28   #291
mrki

Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
Its not important how they played when they were kinds !

And I dont think anyone in here said Pato is better then Messi right now, it would be insane. Personally, I always said MEssi is a better player right now.

But when looking at the player you need to look at the slightest touches to see what kind of a player someone is, you dont need whole year or statistics.

First of all, Messi and PAto are not playing same kind of football and not play at the same position. I was sad to hear Messi being compared to Maradona as it is simply ridiculous. Do you think some player can progress from age 17 to age 27 constantly? I have to dissapoint you - its not possible!

PAto is a boy that actually has palyed only half of a season with Internacional and then moved to struggling Milan, what more do you want?

In 2 years, when Pato will be 20, we will compare MEssi anow and PAto. I hope this thread will be opened As Leonardo said: " in 4 years, Im coming back for Golden ball with Pato." This boy is magic, you'll see.

Plus, Barca and Milan dont play the same way. Barca plays with short passes and a lot of short through balls, which goes in Messis favour due to his stile of play. In Milan, Pato needs to play Sheva stile to be what Milan needs. This is not NBA, we cant compare players from statistics and youth championships.

Righjt now, Messi is a better player and that is NORMAL. If Pato was better then Messi now, it would be a miracle!

Last edited by mrki; 10-02-2008 at 06:31.
mrki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 01:12   #292
rt9

Fave Players: marco van basten, rui costa, kaka, pirlo
rt9 is on a distinguished road
Messi's a great player, with the POTENTIAL to be the next Maradona. Will he fufill that potential? That depends on a number of things: the team he's playing for---do they challenge for trophies?, how much impact he has on the national team, can he stay injury free, etc, etc. But to say he's comparable to Maradona NOW is simply not true (IMO at least)

Pato is another one with great potential. Now leaving that aside, what's the potential that he will be available for the Arsenal game? How's the recovery coming along? What's the latest?
rt9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 08:05   #293
Giovanni

Fave Players: Gli Immortali/ Gli Invincibili/ I Meravigliosi
Giovanni has a spectacular aura aboutGiovanni has a spectacular aura aboutGiovanni has a spectacular aura about
Maradona had a left foot Messi will never have. Could hit the crossbar from 50 meters on purpose. Let's not joke. Maradona tourned an average side into a winning side, which won scudetti and coppa uefa.

Put Messi in 80's Napoli, then we see if he's able to do what Diego did.

Messi is still a great player, but let's not compare him with Diego.
Old 11-02-2008, 12:27   #294
hwmook

Fave Players: maldini/gattuso/shev
hwmook
Quote:
And why don't you compare Pato and Messi and what they've done when they were the same age ?
Actually, you guys are doing this but you're only taking the facts that suit you while you're forgetting 1 thing..............

.................Messi single handedly won the World Cup for u-20 players when he wasn't even 18 while Pato did almost nothing at the same level and at the same age.
We all know brazil suck bullocks in youth competitions.

Did Zidane win any stupid youth competitions when he was 17 years old?
hwmook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 12:30   #295
hwmook

hwmook
Quote:
Originally Posted by hany.Egypt
Look at Messi right now with Barca, his performance is good no more no less because he is exposed to ''too much pressure that he can't handle'' while Pato is considered a saviour but he stills able to do his work.
Let's not joke, Messi is good. The fact is he has been injured way too often else he would be even better.
Old 11-02-2008, 12:36   #296
hwmook

hwmook
Quote:
Actually, it was the same kind of world cup for youth players, FIFA U-20 world cup, just that Pato played in 2007 while Messi played in 2005.
Messi won both the golden boot and the golden ball back in 2005 and he won the world cup single-handedly, indeed.
Messi was 17 years and 11 months old while Pato was 17 years and 9 months old during the world cup.
I don't remember kaka in any of these suck balls competition when he was 17 years old and he is definitely the best player in the world last year.

Cassano at 18 years old is already one of the best talent in Serie A and now loook where is he.

When a player end his career then we can discuss how good he was.
Old 11-02-2008, 15:46   #297
HO-YOUNG

Fave Players: Kaka, Albertini, Serginho, Maldini, Rivaldo
HO-YOUNG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwmook
I don't remember kaka in any of these suck balls competition when he was 17 years old and he is definitely the best player in the world last year.

Cassano at 18 years old is already one of the best talent in Serie A and now loook where is he.

When a player end his career then we can discuss how good he was.
Good Post!!! Let us compare Brazil and Argentina.
Old 13-02-2008, 19:09   #298
remote2book

Fave Players: ALL milan players, juninho, benzema
remote2book is on a distinguished road
i thought this was the alexandre pato thread? anyone know if he will be back against parma and most importantly for the arsenal game?

Inchinati al diavolo
remote2book is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2008, 07:12   #299
Siregar

Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
I think, I've read on acmilan.com that he could be back against Arsenal but not against Parma.
Siregar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2008, 17:42   #300
cescvanpersie

cescvanpersie is on a distinguished road
Did Zidane win any stupid youth competitions when he was 17 years old?
---
Zidane couldn't even get a good club until 22..all the coaches said he was **** because he was too slow...i bet they are kicking themselves now.
cescvanpersie is offline   Reply With Quote