Fave Players: Maradona & Paolo Maldini
Aficio is on a distinguished road
Just keep winning and forget Inter
Aficio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2011, 01:41   #32
ACMILAN1983

Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Exactly as afacio said, if we just focus on our own game then inter is of no concern
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2011, 03:11   #33
shegs

Fave Players: Shevchenko, Ronaldo and Bergkamp.
shegs is on a distinguished road
Lecce should be a piece of cake!
Old 16-01-2011, 03:20   #34
mzk57

Fave Players: DM10 PM3 AN13 JZ4 GB9 FL8 PN11 WS10 DV7 JDT & KJH
mzk57 is an unknown quantity at this point
Let me be the first one to predict that Pato will score a hat-trick tonight

"WHY so serious?....." Let's put a SMILE on that face! "
mzk57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2011, 03:58   #35
Gabriel489

Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
3pts and everything less is unacceptable.
Gabriel489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2011, 04:15   #36
ACMILAN1983

Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
For this match I think we'll see a system closer to the period when we had Pirlo out in the first half of the season where we lined up with a very workman like midfield, that was more industry than fantasy. That said, it should also mean we have a much tighter defensive lineup with the brilliance of Pato and Ibra up front to get us a goal or two.

Essentially, the lineup I think we'll see is...

---------------Amelia----------------
Abate----Nesta------Thiago----Bonera
---------Rino----Ambro----Flamini----
----------------Seedorf-------------
----------Ibra----------Pato---------

The defence pretty much self explanatory, Abate is a definite starter these days, thankfully Nesta is back from injury to take his place next to Thiago. Antonini has been awful this season and so he's rightfully dropped. Unfortunately, Bonera has been equally awful in the centre, but on the left should still provide more solidity and discipline, even if he offers nothing going forward.

The midfield will be hard and disciplined, with Rino taking up his usual destroyer role with some freedom to go forward (after all, we're facing a weak opponent). Ambro will play as our regista and a safety net in front of the backline, and Flamini returns to take his place as our most dynamic midfielder. He will not only play his defensive role, but with Bonera as the left back, should be given complete freedom to push forward on the left side. This will add greater balance to the team and hopefully some width. Also, we've missed runners from deep in the last match or two, and with Flamini and Ambro/Rino, this could be a potent weapon.

Whilst Seedorf is without a doubt a controversial choice when we have Robinho and Cassano on the bench, tactically he makes a lot of sense in this lineup. Robinho is a good player, but he's not a creator, nor is he a player to link midfield and attack. Against Udinese we played closer to a 4-3-3 much of the match and so he was better utilized, but in this system we need a playmaker, which he's not. Cassano in theory could do the role and do it very well (we've seen glimpses since he's joined). However, with him lacking fitness (and he's not close to having 90 minutes in him yet based on comments), he's not a viable option. Let's also not forget that Seedorf this season has been an epic fail in midfield, but as trequartista hasn't actually been that bad.

Finally the attacking duo needs no explanation. For me without a doubt they are our best attackers and seem certain to score when playing.

Lecce will be on a major high after beating Roma last week, so we need to be careful. We need to approach this match with as much determination and will as we would a match against any top side. This would not only extend our lead at the top, but would send out a clear message that we are still the team to beat this year as doubts have been raised in the last week or so.

Last edited by ACMILAN1983; 16-01-2011 at 04:17.
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2011, 04:24   #37
Filipéz 182

Fave Players: Flamini, Pato, G.Rossi, T.Silva, Hazard, Lukaku
Filipéz 182 is an unknown quantity at this point
I hope to see robinho/cassano instead of seedorf. Seedorf is in really bad form.
Old 16-01-2011, 07:35   #38
Gio-mania

Fave Players: Kaká, Ringhio, Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi etc
Gio-mania is on a distinguished road
I'm quite disappointed to hear Allegri say Cassano will start off the bench. I would actually prefer seeing him instead of Seedorf, who had a bad game against Udinese. Maybe it isn't really Cassano's position, but nonetheless he will give the same defensive help as Seedorf (none) so it's the same thing really.

I'd also like to not see Bonera play since he was responsible for a few of Udinese's goals (apart from our midfield losing the ball ofc). Abate for RB is a must and for CB's it's obvious our two best will play, so Bonera can only realistically play at LB. Given he made some bad mistakes last game as a CB, which is his natural position, I'd prefer seeing Antonini play there.
Old 16-01-2011, 08:03   #39
Siregar

Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio-mania View Post
I'm quite disappointed to hear Allegri say Cassano will start off the bench. I would actually prefer seeing him instead of Seedorf, who had a bad game against Udinese. Maybe it isn't really Cassano's position, but nonetheless he will give the same defensive help as Seedorf (none) so it's the same thing really.
From all news and interviews with Allegri about Cassano, I think it's mainly due to Cassano's fitness that he NOW is not yet able to play from the first minute (to play many minutes). It is better to use him when the opponents are already tired (30 minutes at the end of second half) compared to from the first 30-45 minutes when the opponent are still very fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio-mania View Post
I'd also like to not see Bonera play since he was responsible for a few of Udinese's goals (apart from our midfield losing the ball ofc). Abate for RB is a must and for CB's it's obvious our two best will play, so Bonera can only realistically play at LB. Given he made some bad mistakes last game as a CB, which is his natural position, I'd prefer seeing Antonini play there.
It is hard to choose whether Anotnini or Bonera plays as LB since Antonini was also very bad in the last game especially in defensive duties. He also added almost nothing for offensive target.

Seeing that Bonare plays better as LB compared to CB defensively (fewer mistakes even not yet good-great defensively), he should be better than Antonini defensively. So, as long as he won't play as CB, I am OK with it.
Old 16-01-2011, 08:25   #40
GeoTav

Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Am I the only one to prefer our predicted team of tonight (with Flamini, Ambro and Seedorf) compared to the one of the last Sunday ?

It was clearly too much, with all the players missing, I think we would have been more balanced with 2 strikers and Merkel for example instead of the 3 strikers from the start (with one playing as an AM).

Anyway, tonight, we'll see a balanced team again, so we should be solid and I hope we won't concede, we were the best defense of Serie A before the holidays, and we conceded 5 goals in two games after these holidays, it's way too much !!

PS: And I watched the first half of Inter-Bologna, Bologna clearly offered them the game with unacceptable mistakes for Serie A players ... I'm still curious to see Inter play against a real opponent because so far, it's been easy for them to win (a no leg Napoli, Catania not able to defend a win, and now Bologna giving the game).

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
The avatar to use by MM members

Last edited by GeoTav; 16-01-2011 at 08:28.
GeoTav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2011, 08:47   #41
Gabriel489

I would ask Flamini to play as LB even if he does not like it. As for the ACM spot, Robinho should start, after all, Milan is playing against Lecce and not Roma.
Old 16-01-2011, 08:57   #42
GeoTav

Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
What helped us a lot before the holidays is our physical midfield, no matter who were the players behind, the defense looked strong thanks to the solid midfield ... so I think Flamini should be used as a midfielder to reinforce our midfield, especially nowadays.

You'll see, more solid will be our midfield, stronger will look the defensive players, even Bonera (as a LB tonight, really ?!) ...

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
The avatar to use by MM members
GeoTav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2011, 09:19   #43
Gabriel489

Bonera pretty much gave Udin their goals last game. I think Bonera best position for Milan is probably doing community works, since he is great at giving.
Old 16-01-2011, 09:32   #44
LebRN

Fave Players: Nesta, Pato, Thiago Silva, Flamini
LebRN is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
Am I the only one to prefer our predicted team of tonight (with Flamini, Ambro and Seedorf) compared to the one of the last Sunday ?

It was clearly too much, with all the players missing, I think we would have been more balanced with 2 strikers and Merkel for example instead of the 3 strikers from the start (with one playing as an AM).

Anyway, tonight, we'll see a balanced team again, so we should be solid and I hope we won't concede, we were the best defense of Serie A before the holidays, and we conceded 5 goals in two games after these holidays, it's way too much !!

PS: And I watched the first half of Inter-Bologna, Bologna clearly offered them the game with unacceptable mistakes for Serie A players ... I'm still curious to see Inter play against a real opponent because so far, it's been easy for them to win (a no leg Napoli, Catania not able to defend a win, and now Bologna giving the game).
i don't think the problem was really with the balance, i mean, it's true we played with 3 forwards against Udinese, but if you look at the players who were behind, you can argue that with a Nesta & Ambro & Flamini instead of Seedorf & Strasser (not saying Strasser was bad, but obviously Flamini is better) then i'm sure we would have come out as comfortable winners...

that is why for tonight i prefer to see Robinho instead of Seedorf in addition to the fact that i'm not sure how much creativity we r losing, if any, if Seedorf doesn't play, and if there is anything that i've seen Robinho doing well is working hard so he should cover even more than Seedorf

Anyway...for once...i will agree with mzk and say hatrick for Pato

oh and Geo, it's "just" the 4 goals as we won 1-0 at Cagliari
LebRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2011, 09:34   #45
LebRN

Fave Players: Nesta, Pato, Thiago Silva, Flamini
LebRN is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel489 View Post
Bonera pretty much gave Udin their goals last game. I think Bonera best position for Milan is probably doing community works, since he is great at giving.
lol
LebRN is offline   Reply With Quote