AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > MilanMania > Forum News & Views

Notices

Old 05-09-2009, 16:39   #1
vic171

Fave Players: Maldini, Baresi, Kaka, Gattuso, Inzaghi
vic171 is on a distinguished road
What happened to MilanMania?

I didn't visit the forum for 2 years, but i remember that at that time MilanMania was quite a bustling place. What happened?
vic171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 17:06   #2
Reza
Administrator

Fave Players: Baresi
Reza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the rough
It's still one of the busiest (mainly English) Milan forums but there is no denying traffic is lower. A big percentage of the reasons why are not specific to Milanmania but to the amount of time people spend on one site. Obviously places like facebook are totally different but a 'forum', any forum, does not carry the same meaning that it used to.

As for Milanmania specific reasons, some talk about negativity and don't visit as much, we try to counteract it but it is what it is, team does poorly and fans have emotion. Some about how we censor words like ****, but that decision was made in reaction to repeated issues with insults and spam, some of which risked getting the site in serious trouble, not just us being strict. I know of a few more specific reasons why a few left, but those are sometimes out of our control and in some cases personal.

Moving this thread by the way

Last edited by Reza; 05-09-2009 at 17:09.
Reza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 05:45   #3
vic171

Yes, that's true Milan acts poorly. But, contrarily to what might be thought, I observed that in this bad period for our team the fans are more united and more eager to discuss on different issues. I know what I say because I run a polish site ACMilan24.com, (english google translation http://tiny.pl/hqq27).

MilanMania haven't changed a bit. It looked the same way 2 years ago. I suggest introducing something new to attract "fresh" users.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:45   #4
Reza
Administrator

Reza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the rough
I really do think it's just emotions and sometimes frustration but we are all fans and united at the end.

There have been couple of things in the works for a long time like adding other sections where members can contribute news items, photos, etc....to offer something different and may be interesting. Mainly due to time issues they haven't been completed. But to be honest I think (more) participation from members will make a site good or bad. Not just posting but also suggesting specific ideas.
Old 06-09-2009, 13:19   #5
vic171

Everything looses its magic over time. MilanMania needs something new. I suggest looking at this forum - http://vb.acmilanclub.com/. They have a special section NEWS, which funtions literally perfect. I am confident that by introducing the same sector at this forum, people would came here more regulary to find out something new about their favourite club. It would be a great impetus providing discussion under the news
Old 07-09-2009, 14:48   #6
Reza
Administrator

To be honest and as I alluded to earlier, any set up - that requires a bit more than posting and moderating - put into place must come with a time commitment from a few people, I guess 'few' could mean as much as half a dozen people or thereabouts, to make it meaningful and have a 'something new' feeling. This would range from anything like a graphics person to work on the looks to regular news posters and so on.
By the way I am not replying to say no it can't be done or to discourage suggestions. I hope you don't misunderstand the tone of my posts.

Last edited by Reza; 07-09-2009 at 14:50.
Reza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 10:25   #7
vic171

Quote:
By the way I am not replying to say no it can't be done or to discourage suggestions. I hope you don't misunderstand the tone of my posts.
Absolutely not, I understand you very well and know what you are talking about. At my site I have about 18 newspeople and several columnists... They don't much time to offer, so write only a few pieces of news for a week. But we have a big team, and because of that the site is updated all the time. I understand your point.

But I'm quite sure you won't find people responsible for writing news, if you don't open News Section. I would think about opening this section with everyone able to post "news". If this will catch on, then you could offer editor position to the most active users. Even though my English isn't perfect, I could help a little bit I know everything about new events at AC Milan, because my Italian is quite well.

To be honest, I believe in the success of this idea. MilanMania has a good position on international level, with the introduction of News Section, new users will come very quickly, willing to read news and take part in the discussion.

Last edited by vic171; 08-09-2009 at 10:48.
Old 25-09-2009, 18:20   #8
Blacktop

Fave Players: Abbiati
Blacktop is on a distinguished road
Remove the "Mania" from the title and it would make this thread interesting.
Blacktop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 07:06   #9
bijon

Fave Players: Seedorf, Cassano, Pirlo, Nesta, Pazzini
bijon is on a distinguished road
I think the fans are tired of their voices falling on deaf ears, I myself have given up hope. I don't see things getting better until Belusconi sells Milan to someone who cares about it.
bijon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 07:07   #10
shegs

Fave Players: Shevchenko, Ronaldo and Bergkamp.
shegs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bijon View Post
I think the fans are tired of their voices falling on deaf ears, I myself have given up hope. I don't see things getting better until Belusconi sells Milan to someone who cares about it.
i agree 100 percent with you.
shegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 22:55   #11
boing boing

boing boing is on a distinguished road
Congrats to Milanmania for being online for 10 years! I hope all the benefactors of MM stay on for a long long time.

boing boing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2009, 12:07   #12
Reza
Administrator

I hope so as well and thanx everybody for making MM exist this long.
I wasn't involved from day 1, but my days have been good and adventurous
Old 14-10-2009, 04:27   #13
kastriot

Fave Players: The one and only MALDINI
kastriot is on a distinguished road
Now that you mentioned 10 years of MM, Where is DEBS???? Havent seen her around in ages??
Old 14-10-2009, 09:45   #14
Reza
Administrator

She comes around less often, spoken to her via email a few times. She is fine.
Old 24-10-2009, 19:36   #15
Blacktop

Fave Players: Abbiati
Blacktop is on a distinguished road
Do you think we should get rid of the "refrain from insults" warning atop the page now? It's been quite a while since Kaka was sold, and the shock value has long worn off.
Blacktop is offline   Reply With Quote