AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

Old 14-02-2006, 08:27   #16
Josh-Sheva

Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Sheva, Ron, Gila, Kaka, Lampard
Josh-Sheva is on a distinguished road
yeah, Marquez is not a dream signing.... and i dont think we are on a verge of signing him
Old 15-02-2006, 05:49   #17
mk18
BANNED!

Fave Players: maldini, sheva, baggio, weah, mvb, cruyff
mk18 is on a distinguished road
i like marquez but im not sure hes what we should be looking for... gallas has been mentioned here and personally i think if we sign him we would make one of our best transfers in recent history... hes very underrated the guy is simply amazing... like sheva has everything needed to be a striker, the guy has everything needed to be a defender
mk18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2006, 00:52   #18
BaggioForever

Fave Players: Cordino Divino, Paolo Maldini, King Shev
BaggioForever is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stezagud
He may be just using that game as an example. Gallas is an excellent defender though, And for the record, i've been watching Gallas for 6 years and wanting Milan to steal him for most of that time
Mayb i have not been watching chelsea play for quite a while. But whenever i do, Gallas doesnt seem to b as outstanding as Terry though.

What i am hoping for is, if the Milan management is going to strengthen our defence, get some fresh young blood from the Serie A in the form of Barzagli or Bonera . Italians are famous for their world-class defending and the tradition shouldnt just stop at Maldini. Gallas, as good as he is, shouldnt b considered 1st in the buying list.
Old 16-02-2006, 03:21   #19
kris
Jedi Master

Fave Players: Past, present and future Milan players
kris is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hottie
whats whit the ultra racist atitude on the forum i can see this happening alot ,why do u guys keep sugestin italian players?so what that there italians?galas or terry is way better then any of does young italians players u just said there.
1. Italians is NOT a race.
2. There is nothing to suggest the want of a player from a nationality have anything to do with racism or racist attitudes.

Now if someone said something like "I don't want Dutch players, they suck" or "why are we only buying black players". Then those comments would suggest that there is a racist or prejudices attitude behind it.
Old 16-02-2006, 04:57   #20
mk18
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaggioForever
Mayb i have not been watching chelsea play for quite a while. But whenever i do, Gallas doesnt seem to b as outstanding as Terry though.

What i am hoping for is, if the Milan management is going to strengthen our defence, get some fresh young blood from the Serie A in the form of Barzagli or Bonera . Italians are famous for their world-class defending and the tradition shouldnt just stop at Maldini. Gallas, as good as he is, shouldnt b considered 1st in the buying list.
personally i might actually put him there... hes a solution to every position we need since he can play in all 3 positions in the back (CB, LB, RB) and whats more he does the job superbly
Old 16-02-2006, 10:41   #21
Stezagud

Fave Players: Keano (ret), Rooney, Maldini
Stezagud is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Thats very true, John Terry is possibly the best defender in the business now but there is no chance Milan can get him. Gallas is not a bad second choice though, he may not be as a good a centre back as Terry but when the two combine it is easily Chelsea's toughest pairing and alongside Nesta he could be equally formidable. As MK says, he also has the bonus of being able to play right across the back four, add to that he has been considering moving on (and mentioned Milan specifically) and his contract runs out in 18 months, he could be the right player at the right price
Old 16-02-2006, 10:55   #22
zlatanov

Fave Players: Zinedine Zidane, Genarro Gattuso, Alessandro Nesta
zlatanov is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Thats very true, John Terry is possibly the best defender in the business now but there is no chance Milan can get him. Gallas is not a bad second choice though, he may not be as a good a centre back as Terry but when the two combine it is easily Chelsea's toughest pairing and alongside Nesta he could be equally formidable. As MK says, he also has the bonus of being able to play right across the back four, add to that he has been considering moving on (and mentioned Milan specifically) and his contract runs out in 18 months, he could be the right player at the right price
Gallas still does have 1.5 years left on his contract but I read that FIFA (or was it UEFA) rules allow a player, who has been for at least 5 years on his current contract at one club, to terminate that contract. Gallas has been with Chelski since 2001, I believe, and at the end of this season, it would be 5 years since he joined them ... and he's still on the original contract from 2001 (he hasn't signed a new and improved contract extension to his existing one). This is why, I believe he would be able to choose between signing a contract extension with Chelski or terminating his current contract, although there's still a year left, and signing for another team as a free agent.
I wouldn't bet my life on the above being 100% true but this is what I read on calciomercato when they explained his situation - you know, with some sources claiming he would be free at the end of this season, while others saying he wouldn't be for he would still be under contract with Chelski for 1 more year.
Any word on that in the UK?
zlatanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2006, 11:08   #23
Stezagud

I do remember reading something about that before though it hasnt been mentioned in the British press to my knowledge.If that is the situation then Gallas (and his agent) hold all the cards as far as his future is concerned.

I have a bad feeling that Barca will get him, and Chelsea will bring Alex over from PSV as a replacement.....
Old 17-02-2006, 05:57   #24
BaggioForever

Fave Players: Cordino Divino, Paolo Maldini, King Shev
BaggioForever is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Hmm seems like i should start taking notice of Gallas whenever chelski plays. Being able to excel on the right and centre sounds like a very good choice but till then, Bonera is still the one i hope Milan would get .
Old 17-02-2006, 06:12   #25
zlatanov

Fave Players: Zinedine Zidane, Genarro Gattuso, Alessandro Nesta
zlatanov is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I do remember reading something about that before though it hasnt been mentioned in the British press to my knowledge.If that is the situation then Gallas (and his agent) hold all the cards as far as his future is concerned.

I have a bad feeling that Barca will get him, and Chelsea will bring Alex over from PSV as a replacement.....
hope they don't but Barca have always been mentioned as a club with very strong interest in Gallas. Should he become available, it would be a crime IMO not to make everything possible to sign him, as he is by far the most versatile defender in football today, and a top one at that. It's not everyday that one finds such players for free.
As for Alex going to Chelsea, I doubt it would happen within the next 1-2 years for Alex needs to pile up a certain number of games in the Brazil NT before he's able to get a working permit. Maybe someone like Kompany is who they would go after should Gallas decides to go or, who knows, maybe they'll renew their interest in Kaladze seen that they'll need another player for left back and a backup for Terry and Carvalho in CD.

Last edited by zlatanov; 17-02-2006 at 06:15.
zlatanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2006, 07:10   #26
kris
Jedi Master

Fave Players: Past, present and future Milan players
kris is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Hmm seems like i should start taking notice of Gallas whenever chelski plays. Being able to excel on the right and centre sounds like a very good choice but till then, Bonera is still the one i hope Milan would get .
Gallas is clearly a better player in most aspects. Bonera is from Brescia and is a Milan fan of course and those are good in my book
Old 17-02-2006, 08:59   #27
mk18
BANNED!

Quote:
gallas can also play at LB as well as the 2 positions u mentioned... he can defend really well and he also goes forward and also does a good job when doing that.

zlatanov, i agree on ur post but the reason kaladze seemed close to joining chelsea was because he was frustrated at being played so little... this season, hes probably the defender that featured the most for us and the board wouldnt sell him if he doesnt want to leave, besides the last thing we need is to offload players
Old 17-02-2006, 09:07   #28
Stezagud

I dont think Chelsea will move for another left back because Wayne Bridge is back from his injury now. They sent him to Fulham on loan to gain match fitness in time to make Englands world cup squad and from what i've seen he is already back to somewhere near his best. In my opinion Bridge is actually better than Del Horno, certainly defensively. Incidentally it is Gallas' form at left back that allowed Chelsea to loan Bridge out to finish his recovery rather than rush him back into the first team.
Old 17-02-2006, 10:47   #29
mk18
BANNED!

i agree.. i admire bridge alot.. i think when on form hes better than ashley cole even