AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

Old 21-02-2006, 12:43   #31
Warro Bantan

Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
Ok sheva-gila, let me try to explain.

When we quote, or in other words, take words from one place, either from another thread in Milanmania, or from another website, we require that the poster tell us where the quote was coming from. Thats our policy. In other words, its a rule.

I maybe shouldnt have used the harsh words, but I was a little upset at how you responded to what I thought was a pleasant reminder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheva-gila
i didnt made that article it dousntmatter from where artilce came from i found it and i posted it here
That is the line I was upset about, as it to me, suggested that I was bothering you, but I think your reply was based on you not knowing the rules.

I hope we are clear on this now.
Old 22-02-2006, 12:11   #32
Warro Bantan

Quote:
Real Madrid 0, Arsenal, 1. Goal: Henry.
Jim_UK: Let me say that my words, seeing as how I now have to eat them, dont taste so bad with Pickapeppa Sauce, to be followed by a huge serving of humble pie for dessert.

The man stepped up, took the side on his back, and delivered. Cant argue with that. Not at all.

I stand corrected. In Arsenalīs biggest game of the season to date, he has performed.

My only solace is that there is no way he will continue to perform at that level for the remainder of their UCL games this season....or will he? Watch this space!
Old 22-02-2006, 13:00   #33
Jim_UK

Jim_UK is on a distinguished road
Damn it Warro, i didn't see you're proposition of a bet until now But what a sport you are, eating your words even though no bet was made

However, you don't have to eat all of them as it is only just one game. You're right about the Liverpool game, but then all of the Arsenal players (except Lehman) were rubbish at Anfield and sometimes no matter how good a player is, they'll go through bad times. If you want the honest truth, i was ready to come in and say "Where was Shevchenko", if he hadn't have scored the penalty last night

I don't mind that he scores alot of goals against lesser opposition because he scores alot of goals ! Something Milan struggle with at times. I still don't understand why people want Torres or Ronaldo ahead of him. Ronaldo (although still good) is not at the same level Henry is and Torres is Spanish which immediately should start the other famous 'Football legend' that Spanish players can't play in Italy. People stick rigourously to that argument, yet everyone has cunningly forgotten it so far in this thread.

I admit he does go missing in some games, but name a player who doesn't and although some of his goal celebrations seem arrogant, he is far from it off the pitch, you only have to see that in his interviews.

I'm glad at least some people are giving him a bit more credit now. It's a start
Old 23-02-2006, 01:34   #34
GavinMilan

GavinMilan is on a distinguished road
Henry is great, but I don't think Milan should go for him, actually, Milan should not go for any striker, since they got plenty already
GavinMilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2006, 02:52   #35
kris
Jedi Master

Fave Players: Past, present and future Milan players
kris is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_UK
Something Milan struggle with at times.
I guess that is why we are top scorer in serie A while still being 10 points after Juve.
Old 24-02-2006, 15:03   #36
Jim_UK

Jim_UK is on a distinguished road
My point was that we sometimes struggle to score or get past lesser opposition, meaning that as people associate Henry with scoring against lesser opponents, Milan would negate this problem.
Old 24-02-2006, 15:53   #37
Warro Bantan

Indeed Jim_UK...I do think that we need to bring in Henry to help us defeat the lesser lights of the Serie A, and he should ensure that we bring in a few Italian Cups while he is here.
Old 24-02-2006, 15:54   #38
mk18
BANNED!

Fave Players: maldini, sheva, baggio, weah, mvb, cruyff
mk18 is on a distinguished road
yeah but only difference is... that small opponents in the EPL usually have a crappy defence... while smaller opponents in italy play with 11 players in defence and non in attack!
mk18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2006, 20:28   #39
GavinMilan

if u play 11 in defence, I don't care who u have as attackers, u are not going to score that easy.

Getting Henry will help as he is like Sheva, both can stretch the defense.
Old 24-02-2006, 20:58   #40
mk18
BANNED!

Fave Players: maldini, sheva, baggio, weah, mvb, cruyff
mk18 is on a distinguished road
exactly... so ur contradicting urself there...

henry can strech the defence... but how do u know that the answer??? ... maybe the answer is to get a tall guy and send in crosses for him... or maybe use players to shoot from outside the box... besides, u seem to forget that henry isnt the cheapest option out there at the moment, and wether u love the guy or not... strikers is the last thing we should worry about..
mk18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2006, 22:14   #41
GavinMilan

Well streching the defense is a start. It will give the team more opp. to score.

The thing is though, if u read my posts b4, I also stated that Strikers is the last thing Milan need.

THey need Ballack and Gallas, just kidding