AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

Old 17-02-2006, 09:48   #1
sheva-gila

Fave Players: Maldini, Nesta, R80, T.Silva, Pato
sheva-gila is on a distinguished road
Milan in race for henry

Milan are planning to enter the race to sign Arsenal striker Thierry Henry in the summer, according to reports in Italy.

The Rossoneri, having all but given up on the Scudetto race, are focusing their efforts on winning the Champions League this season but - with a tough test against Bayern Munich in prospect this month - the Italian giants are already beginning to plan their transfer policy for next term.

The ageing defence is in line for a complete overhaul, with Lyon’s Cris at the top of the list of candidates to marshal a rearguard that will be devoid of Jaap Stam, Billy Costacurta and Marcos Cafu next year.

Massimo Oddo of Lazio has also been marked out for a return to the club where he started his professional career, while Dida’s below-par performances could result in the return to favour of Christian Abbiati – currently on loan at Juventus – or the acquisition of Livorno’s promising goalkeeper Marco Amelia.

In midfield Milan look set to fight tooth and nail with Inter for the services of Lyon’s ball-winner Mahamadou Diarra, but it is in attack where they are planning their greatest coup – the purchase of Henry from Arsenal.

Henry has maintained that he wants to remain with the Premiership side and sign a new deal with the Gunners.

However, the World Cup-winning Frenchman is said to be growing frustrated with his side’s apparent decline and has yet to put pen to paper on a new deal.

Although beset by crippling injury problems this term, the Londoners have failed to compensate for the loss of captain Patrick Vieira to Juventus in the summer and have concentrated their recruitment policy on young players with potential rather than established stars.

As a result Arsenal are a side in transition, lying fifth in the Premiership and in danger of missing out on a Champions League berth next season.

Regardless of whether or not Arsène Wenger’s men finish fourth, Henry may decide to look elsewhere to achieve success in the tournament he has so far yet to come close to winning.

Milan would be prime candidates for the quicksilver forward, given their Champions League pedigree - the Rossoneri have won Europe’s premier club competition no fewer than six times.

However, they will have to contend with Barcelona, who have already expressed their admiration for the striker, and possibly also misfiring Inter.

sheva-gila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2006, 09:56   #2
sheva-gila

he is e great player but we dont need him i prefer better torres then henry

do we need him ???????

Old 17-02-2006, 10:26   #3
Sweendogs

Sweendogs is on a distinguished road
Henry is 10 times the player torres will ever be, but its just a rumor no way he would go to Milan, if anywhere hes going to barca but I still henry will remain at aresenal. Milan just needs to concentrate on defense and midfield. My boy Diarra from Lyon will be wearing the red and lack next season.
Sweendogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2006, 10:39   #4
Acmir^

Fave Players: Maldini, Baresi, Pandev, Van Basten, Kaka
Acmir^ is on a distinguished road
Henry will never come here we have 4 attackers and no need for him, yes he's better than Torres but older than him.
This is just a stupid rumour from the newspapers that doesn't have anything intelligent to write so they are writing this BS

Life ends when you stop Dreaming; Hope ends when you stop Believing; Love ends when you stop Caring; so Dream, Believe and Care. Life is really beautiful!
Acmir^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2006, 10:45   #5
Warro Bantan

Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
sheva-gila, please ensure that you mention where the article you posted came from.

For all readers, it comes from www.channel4.com.

I wouldnt want Henry here, as IMO, he is completely over-rated. He never performs for Arsenal in their big games, like in the recent game at Anfield vs Liverpool,(watch him disappear vs Madrid) he is getting up in age, and I think Torres is better, maybe not now, in terms of ability, but in regards to his potential.

I would love for us to move for Torres, Lugano or Cris, the Lyon midfielder Diarra (not sure if the spelling or name is right) and Oddo in the summer. We prob need one more defender, but I have gone far enough off topic for one post!
Old 17-02-2006, 11:06   #6
Stezagud

Fave Players: Keano (ret), Rooney, Maldini
Stezagud is on a distinguished road
I think Henry is a fantastic player, and considerably better than Torres at both making and scoring goals (he has near 100 assists to compliment his near 200 Arsenal goals ) but unfortunately spending £30m on a 29 year old when the defence is in need of a revamp does not make sense, particularly when we have Sheva and Gila already.
Old 17-02-2006, 12:24   #7
hitmannq8

Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
Well henry is as good as it gets, but thats means we will have our Alberto pushed to the sidelines.. Henry on his day can even be better than Sheva.. he is really great, but, i think this deal is as fake as the ronaldinho to milan deal..
hitmannq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2006, 12:47   #8
GRE-NO-LI
BANNED!

Fave Players: Van Basten, Maldini, Savicevic, Platini, Zico
GRE-NO-LI is on a distinguished road
Cris and Oddo have 29 years each... if purchase them is to REALLY rejuvenate our retaguard, I really don't know the meaning of such expression...
GRE-NO-LI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2006, 12:48   #9
GRE-NO-LI
BANNED!

BTW: I stick with Torres instead of Henry. We need talented youngsters hungry for glory.
Old 17-02-2006, 12:50   #10
SLOVAKIAN

Fave Players: SuperPippo & Grande Sheva
SLOVAKIAN is on a distinguished road
It may be a nice signing but I'm sure he won't come to Milan....just a rumour...
SLOVAKIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2006, 12:51   #11
SLOVAKIAN

Fave Players: SuperPippo & Grande Sheva
SLOVAKIAN is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRE-NO-LI
BTW: I stick with Torres instead of Henry. We need talented youngsters hungry for glory.
Yeah Torres!The young speedy gun!That would be a great move...
SLOVAKIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2006, 13:00   #12
GRE-NO-LI
BANNED!

Yes, we need new and bold perspectives! Milan is not managing anymore to surprise, to astonish, let's shake the side!
Old 17-02-2006, 14:40   #13
Warro Bantan

Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmannq8
Well henry is as good as it gets,
No no no no no hitmannq8...he is an underperformer on the big stage, and you know this!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmannq8
Henry on his day can even be better than Sheva..
No way, no way in the world (well, in my humble opinion at any rate) is he better than Sheva.

Sheva, on one leg, with no hands and on crutches is better than Henry "on his day"..sorry to go off topic, but I really have an issue when anyone can think that Henry is better than the best: Sheva!

Ok, ok ok, you are entitled to your opinion hitmannq8, and the invitation to watch the match in JA is still open...

PS Your are forgiven for having, and worse, sharing, that view on Henry!

[Que loads of Henry fans coming to your "rescue" hitmannq8!]
Old 17-02-2006, 15:02   #14
sheva-gila

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warro Bantan
sheva-gila, please ensure that you mention where the article you posted came from.
i didnt made that article it dousntmatter from where artilce came from i found it and i posted it here .
as i said i dont like him in milan i didnt said he is better than sheva who told you that i want him in milan

Old 17-02-2006, 15:15   #15
Stezagud

Fave Players: Keano (ret), Rooney, Maldini
Stezagud is on a distinguished road
Quote:
[Que loads of Henry fans coming to your "rescue" hitmannq8!]
we've been down this road before lets save time and just agree to disagree on this

If the amount of money required to buy Henry is available then it simply has to be spent of the defence first, football is a team game and no matter how much Berlu wants to see strikers scoring, sorting the sides balance out must be the priority, otherwise we could end up a creaking, top heavy dinosaur club like Real