AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

Old 17-02-2006, 16:44   #16
Vadim

Fave Players: San Paolo
Vadim is on a distinguished road
No way, we will never get Henry. He will probably leave Arsenal, he is obviously not content with Arsenal, but I think he might go to Barca.
He isn't the same player he was several years ago, I think he is already on the downside of his career. Plus, he seems injury-prone and I don't know how he'll adjust to the Serie A from the EPL.
Vadim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2006, 04:03   #17
Josh-Sheva

Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Sheva, Ron, Gila, Kaka, Lampard
Josh-Sheva is on a distinguished road
if Henry were to anywhere it be Barca, i wouldnnt mind having him here but u guys can forget about it!!!
Old 18-02-2006, 04:47   #18
Jim_UK

Jim_UK is on a distinguished road
I think you're being a bit over dramatic there Warro. Why can't people just appreciate that Henry is a class player ? Why is it that whenever Shevchenko plays badly or doesn't score in big games we just dismiss it, yet when other players do it they get a label of "Missing in Action" ?? It's completely ridiculous. Obviously everyone here will be biased towards Shevchenko cos he's great, but there should be appreciation of others. Torres hasn't scored many goals this season, yet he's a million times better than Henry according to some ? How do people figure that out ? I guess there rational skills have gone "Missing in Action" just like Henry does in big games

And also as Shevchenko is of a similar age to Henry and he hasn't scored as many goals this season as last, so he must be on the decline aswell, following the logic of some people in here.

Why do the majority of us want Ronaldinho here ? Surely you can see similarities in his and Henry's style of play ? Both love playing the game, both provide alot of assists, both have a tremendous amount of skill, yet we want Roni and not Henri (deliberate). I can't understand that logic, maybe someone can try explaining it to me.

I'm not saying who's better, that's not what this is about, all i'm saying is that people should be more appreciative of good footballers and Henry is definately that. You don't score some of the spectacular goals like he does if your crap.
Old 19-02-2006, 17:56   #19
Mehdi

Mehdi is an unknown quantity at this point
If there is no quote from a player or official at either club 90% of the time the rumour is bull****. Milan signing Henry makes zero sense so you can dismiss it out of hand.
Mehdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2006, 18:13   #20
mrki

Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
WE will not sign Henry, lets just send Braida to pick up Ronaldinho and go home.....
Old 19-02-2006, 18:53   #21
TeKkEnAs

if we want to spend 30m to buy a new striker let's buy torres or cassano who are young and very impressive as strikers...
When does Henry's contract expires ? if it will expire this summer let's try to sign him

I think we must focus on our defense which are bad and many defenders will leave so we must find new and good replicements
Old 19-02-2006, 21:40   #22
BaggioForever

Fave Players: Cordino Divino, Paolo Maldini, King Shev
BaggioForever is on a distinguished road
No matter how good Henry is, spending the money on the defence will be a much better choice. We r saturated upfront. Now give Maldini n Co a break!
Old 19-02-2006, 22:15   #23
GavinMilan

GavinMilan is on a distinguished road
Henry is great, but I really don't think we need him in our team.
We need a forth striker that could add sparks to our attack. And I doubt Henry wants that role
GavinMilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2006, 02:06   #24
Josh-Sheva

Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Sheva, Ron, Gila, Kaka, Lampard
Josh-Sheva is on a distinguished road
we could sell Amoroso and buy Henry... we could make Gila Henry's sub??? sheva and henry woud be greeat... but too good to come true
Old 20-02-2006, 03:00   #25
Giovanni

Fave Players: Gli Immortali/ Gli Invincibili/ I Meravigliosi
Giovanni has a spectacular aura aboutGiovanni has a spectacular aura aboutGiovanni has a spectacular aura about
Henry doesn't fit into our playing system.
I think we should change playing sistem if we signed Henry.
With our playing system we should drop one between Gila and Sheva, impossible.

The only chance for all of them to be fielded is playing with 4-3-3 (Van Basten?)

---------Sheva----------------Henry
-----------------Gila

but don't rule out a possible great signing because they will consider to fuel fans passion once again (and season tickets campaign) , and itėll take a great name to achieve that.

But defence is of primary importance and, let me say, a great midfielder as well.
Old 20-02-2006, 09:39   #26
Warro Bantan

Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheva-gila
i didnt made that article it dousntmatter from where artilce came from i found it and i posted it here
sheva-gila, it is the policy of these forums that you are required to post this information.

If you have an issue with obeying any of the rules here, then maybe you should go to a forum that allows posters to do as they like.

I find your tone offensive in the extreme, and do hope that you will comply in the future. I do believe that I was polite, and respectful in providing you with a reminder, and your response was...lets just say...unfortunate.

Suffice it to say, that you have been warned.Thanks for complying. Have a nice day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheva-gila
as i said i dont like him in milan i didnt said he is better than sheva who told you that i want him in milan
I didnt imply that either..did I? If I did, I apologise.

We are all entitled to our opinion, and the expression of same, and I hope that you wont take the fact that some will differ from you too badly. (though we seem to agree on this point at least).
Old 20-02-2006, 10:05   #27
Warro Bantan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_UK
I think you're being a bit over dramatic there Warro.
I am compadre? Sorry!! ....just that I am a passionate believer that Henry is overrated...

Quote:
Why can't people just appreciate that Henry is a class player ? Why is it that whenever Shevchenko plays badly or doesn't score in big games we just dismiss it, yet when other players do it they get a label of "Missing in Action" ??
True, good point, but as we did before, we just need to agree to disagree, or if some researcher can, then maybe an analysis of their goals scored in "big" games, vs "big" teams, will provide better insight...ie, we needed to win vs Fener in the group stages, and Sheva gives us 4 goals..when Arsenal need Henry...where is he? What did he do vs Liverpool for eg, a match the gunners desparately needed to win?

Quote:
It's completely ridiculous. Obviously everyone here will be biased towards Shevchenko cos he's great, but there should be appreciation of others. Torres hasn't scored many goals this season, yet he's a million times better than Henry according to some ? How do people figure that out ? I guess there rational skills have gone "Missing in Action" just like Henry does in big games
Quite so Jim_UK..but you know that fans, being fanatic, are rarely objective...for one, I would even prefer Nuno Gomes to Henry..doesnt make sense, its illogical, but..its my opinion...as warped and non-sensical as it may be to others.

Quote:
And also as Shevchenko is of a similar age to Henry and he hasn't scored as many goals this season as last, so he must be on the decline aswell, following the logic of some people in here.
Obviously we need to sell Sheva then!! Worthless under-performer! (sike)

Quote:
Why do the majority of us want Ronaldinho here ? Surely you can see similarities in his and Henry's style of play? Both love playing the game, both provide alot of assists, both have a tremendous amount of skill, yet we want Roni and not Henri (deliberate). I can't understand that logic, maybe someone can try explaining it to me.
I think, to be fair Jim_UK, you are the one being illogical here...(IMO of course)...ie, there are few people, even the most ardent Gunner fan, who would think that Henry is better, or equal to Ronaldinho. Currently, IMO, and in the opinion of most, Ronaldinho is in a class by himself. There is no one on the planet as good as he is (currently). Period. He is even better than Sheva! [Cue a multitude of protests from the Sheva fans here].

Quote:
I'm not saying who's better, that's not what this is about, all i'm saying is that people should be more appreciative of good footballers and Henry is definately that. You don't score some of the spectacular goals like he does if your crap.
Quite so Jim_UK...quite so..he is a good footballer, in fact, as forwards go, he is among the top ten in the world, based on his goal scoring average, and his assists. However, I dont see him performing in the same way vs Italian defenders, though in Spain, I see him doing big things.

I just wouldnt want him here... Ronaldinho may also come to Italy and flop, but this I doubt, and I hope we can agree that it would be worth the risk. (Especially seeing how unstoppable he can be on a given day).
Old 20-02-2006, 16:15   #28
Warro Bantan

Hey Jim_UK...

Look at this from theguardian:

Quote:
If Arsenal are to come through the Real test, Wenger knows that forward Thierry Henry, constantly linked with a move to Barcelona, will have to deliver at the Bernabeu.

"We want a big performance from Thierry Henry because he can make a difference in big games," said Wenger. "He is capable of that because if you look at his scoring record in the Champions League it is good.
Now, lets make a small, non monetary wager on this game..over both legs:

I am willing to bet you that he disappears. If you win, ie, he has a stunner of a game, and influences the outcome positively for Arsenal....(ie scores or creates a goal, or has some other tangible impact) I will re-evaluate my opinion of him....if not, you can concede that he is a tad bit overrated...

Deal?
Old 20-02-2006, 16:20   #29
sheva-gila

Fave Players: Maldini, Nesta, R80, T.Silva, Pato
sheva-gila is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warro Bantan
sheva-gila, it is the policy of these forums that you are required to post this information.

If you have an issue with obeying any of the rules here, then maybe you should go to a forum that allows posters to do as they like.
i dont understand this where should i go as a milan fan why are u saying that

Quote:
I find your tone offensive in the extreme, and do hope that you will comply in the future. I do believe that I was polite, and respectful in providing you with a reminder, and your response was...lets just say...unfortunate.
no way im not extreme to anyone here u should know this and be sure

Quote:
I didnt imply that either..did I? If I did, I apologise.
thats no need to apologise warro we are all human here we are also to support our team here i respect you first as a human than as a moderator here ..

sheva-gila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2006, 03:06   #30
'M'

Fave Players: Sheva, Gattuso, Maldini, Pirlo, Zidane, Beckham
'M' is on a distinguished road
Oh, please, no ! Don't let that player come over to Milan !

Man, such arrogance ! And moreover, his level is far from being that impressive ! I do agree he's a good player... A very good player indeed. But far from being the world's best striker (which is Sheva, by the way... =))

No, leave him in his "no trophy winning club", and give us the likes of Fernando Torres ! I would rather consider Ronaldo than Henry if I were to decide !!

M

Forza Sheva !!

Sheva, we miss you !

But anyway, with or without you, Milan is still top of the world !
Godspeed, Andriy, but don't hope for no Champion's League, for that will be ours to win for the next years !
'M' is offline   Reply With Quote